Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Levi's Eberron PbP - For King and Country

Game Master Levis


651 to 700 of 1,093 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

HP 60/60 :: AC 16 T 13 FF 13 :: Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +8 :: Per -1 Init +13

Nic watches the whole exchange silently, resting his tired legs as he sits on the discarded log.

Shaking his head as they prepare to move on, he reaches out his hand, "I'm Nic." He avoids cutting his eyes over to all the Thrane-haters, "From Thrane."

He also takes the opportunity to try out a small cantrip, both curious about the paladin and how the cursed lands will affect his magic. Cast Detect Magic on the paladin.


Male Human Game Master 5

The paladin indeed has magic, his plate armor is magical, and he has an aura about him.


Male Human Game Master 5
GM Levi wrote:
The paladin indeed has magic, his plate armor is magical, and he has an aura about him.

"At least someone here has the light of the flame inside their soul." says Leonardo, "Now, are we going to stand here or are we going to have that glass of wine or not?"


Male Drow Paladin 2

Vorik shakes his head in disgust "That has to be one of the most unmanly statements I've ever heard"


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

"Well boys... Now that we have stopped all of this theological pissing match... How about we leave here?" The Elf grins, running his hand through his hair. "Master Paladin, I would love some of that wine!"


Male Human Game Master 5

"This way to Thrane!" the paladin says, flashing a smile that would melt a hag's heart. He then marches out of the green grove and into the cloying gray mists.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." whispers Kaius.


Male Half-orc Monk/Level 3

Dakvor was silent during the tense conversation between Leonardo and most of the group who clearly have prejudice against Thrane. The war wounds are indeed still fresh.

The young half-orc monk looks closely at the rest; patiently waiting for the others to follow Leonardo.

Well if my guess is right Darius would initiate following Leonardo as he quite nicely put it that the pissing match is over and it's prudent that we now move on.


HP 60/60 :: AC 16 T 13 FF 13 :: Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +8 :: Per -1 Init +13

Not having a clue what else to do, Nic follows the paladin with a shrug to the others after Kaius's whispered words.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Whistling a faint tune to himself, Darius followed the man, not looking back to see whether the others did also. 'Best to just go on with this, till we have a stronger place from which to work from!'


Male Drow Paladin 2

Vorik sighs, then follows Darius, keeping an eye on this so called Paladin.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

How many of us are still here?


Male Human Game Master 5
Garish "Bones" Boulderdash wrote:
How many of us are still here?

We had 6, and now there are 5.

___
Time passes, and you make your way to the border. Jumpy and uncomfortable in the mists, the trip seems to go on for ages, but luckily, none of the supposed monsters of the Mournland attack you.

More to come.


Male Human Game Master 5

After what seems to be an eternity of marching through the mists of the haunted land, you arrive at a river bank. The water is rushing and deep. The paladin marches up and down the bank for a while, before settling on a place, muttering "Here, it has to be here." Leonardo strips down to the bare essentials, placing his armor in a backpack, and begins to wade in. The paladin seems to have no qualms about swimming across the river.

You can see the other side, but the water is wide and deep. What do you do?

Leonardo's Swim Check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 -- Leonardo treads water, about 10 feet out from the shore.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Action 1-The Daring

Darius takes a couple of steps back, away from the waters edge. With a grin, he darts forward and leaps, (1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30) landing lightly on the Paladins head, before kicking straight off again, (1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17).

Doubt that will get me to the far bank but still... That is why I have Action 2! :)

Action 2- The Bland

Action 2 is just action 1, but instead of the Paladin hopping, he will leap out as far in to the river as he can and begin to swim across! Your choice which happens Levi! :D


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

Bones decides to remove his armor make the swim easier. Death by drowning is not one that will get him into a bard's tale. Once that is done he will take 10 on the swim check.

It takes 1 minute or 30 second with help to remove armor so just let me know when I make the check. I should still be active RP wise since I can remove the armor and speak at the same time.


Male Human Game Master 5

Armor is off - don't worry about it.

Darius' leap, landing him on the paladin's shoulders, draws a grumble from the knight, but an amused laugh from Ria. Her and her crew (Til clutching onto one of them as a small child would) remove their excess clothing, putting it in bags if possible, and begin to swim across

Rias Swim 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Crew's Swim 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Oh dear...

Ria and her crew make little, if any, progress across the water.

On Darius' leap off the paladin he lands on a sand bar - exactly what the paladin was looking for!


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

I took 10 so my swim check is a 14.


Male Drow Paladin 2

Vorik eyes the water warily "Wait, you want me to remove my armor?? and swim across??"


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison
Vorik Kessler wrote:
Vorik eyes the water warily "Wait, you want me to remove my armor?? and swim across??"

Seeing an opportunity to get under Vorik's skin:

"You can swim without removing it, but I would not advise it, and if that other paladin can make it surely you can. Then again, maybe his deity just cares more about him than yours do about you. If it really bothers and you don't trust your gods to help you out I can build a boat if you don't mind waiting a few days."


Male Human Game Master 5

Bones treads water.

"It looks like you'll have to." Kaius says, as he reluctantly begins to wade into the river.


HP 60/60 :: AC 16 T 13 FF 13 :: Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +8 :: Per -1 Init +13

Nic eyes the water warily. "Hmmmmm."

He seems to be about to ask a question when he stops, shrugs, and begins a slow chant. Then he begins growing... and growing. After a few seconds, he's standing twice as tall as any of you, then he begins to march across the water.

Cast Enlarge Person on self, then wade across - (is a check even necessary at this point? He's over 11 feet tall) - Swim 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12.

As Vorik begins to complain about his armor, Nic looks back with a smile, "Want me to carry you or something?"


Male Drow Paladin 2

So Levis, how do you feel about PvP?? That last comment by Bones will likely get him attacked once we cross the river. Also how deep does the water appear?? Vorik is over 6 feet tall after all, he might be able to walk across, with some difficulty of course.


Male Human Game Master 5

I'm not sure it would run very smoothly over a PbP, but if you must defend your honor, do so.

The water is over 10 feet deep in parts, although it appears that the section the paladin led you to us riddled with sandbars.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

"Come now Master Vorik, why so glum? Surely it is THAT time of the year again? You know... Your bath? It must be... You are beginning to smell faintly!" Grinning, Darius pulls a length of rope from his backpack and an arrow from his quiver. Tying the arrow to the rope, he pulls his bow, which has here to remained dry, from his back and turns to face back the way he had come. Raising the bow, he sights at a solid looking strip of bank, close to where Ria and Kaius had entered, before taking a deep breath.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

I believe that is a hit yes?

Grinning, Darius slides the bow back on to his back, before grabbing the rope and gripping it tightly, setting himself as best he can.

"The bank wont hold it folks but it is the best I can do. Ill hold as long as I can if anyone needs the help!"


Male Drow Paladin 2

"It's not the swimming I have a problem with, rather I just hate having to part with my armor. I feel naked without it, it's an integral part of who I am. It would be like if you were suddenly stripped of your wit and charm Darius" Sighing heavily he removes his armor, clearly unhappy about it, and wades across the to the other side where he quickly re-dons his armor.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison
GM Levi wrote:

Bones treads water.

"It looks like you'll have to." Kaius says, as he reluctantly begins to wade into the river.

Bones dons his armor, and smiles at the angry look on Vorik's face completely unaware his joke may have gone to far.

PS:I am assuming the anger is visible.


Male Human Game Master 5

Leonardo's Swim Check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Leonardo easily naviagates the powerful currents of the water, swimming to the middle, where he stands on a sandbar waiting for the rest of the group to catch up.


HP 60/60 :: AC 16 T 13 FF 13 :: Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +8 :: Per -1 Init +13

Nic follows after the paladin, using his vastly improved height and weight to try to avoid having to actually swim.

Again, if necessary given his height and weight with Enlarge Person on - Swm 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3.

EEP!


Male Drow Paladin 2

Before Bones has a chance to don his armor, Vorik walks over to him and punches him in the mouth "Don't you ever speak that way about my family's religion ever again or next time I'll run you through."

I don't want really hurt him, just make a point. Since I decked him before he got a chance to put on his armor and is unware of the the attack his AC should be 10. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Unarmed attack, uh, I have no idea how much damage a normal UA deals 1d4 I think?


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison
Vorik Kessler wrote:

Before Bones has a chance to don his armor, Vorik walks over to him and punches him in the mouth "Don't you ever speak that way about my family's religion ever again or next time I'll run you through."

I don't want really hurt him, just make a point. Since I decked him before he got a chance to put on his armor and is unware of the the attack his AC should be 10. 1d20+6 Unarmed attack, uh, I have no idea how much damage a normal UA deals 1d4 I think?

It is 1d3+str mod unless you were holding your punch.

Bones is surprised, but takes it as a reminder this one is not as even tempered as other paladins he has met.
Bones thinks, "I guess making religious jokes to someone who is all about religion is a bad idea".

After regaining his balance:
"Ok maybe I took things too far, but you sure did get across that river fast." , Bones says with a smile even as his lip is bleeding.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Darius laughs softly and shakes his head, watching the Paladin deck the Dwarf. "Fun times ladies and gents, fun times!"


Male Human Game Master 5

"Come on you fools!" shouts Ria, "A tale of infighting is not as interesting as a tale of high adventure!"

Kaius swims further out, his thin yet muscular body skirting through the water, keeping pace with the paladin.


Male Drow Paladin 2

" You should learn to be more respectful of a man's family and their traditions. Surprised I need to tell a dwarf this though. And your right, I did get across the river fast, cuz my gods favor me, and are more than just some spooky voice in some oddly colored flame"


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison
Vorik Kessler wrote:
" You should learn to be more respectful of a man's family and their traditions. Surprised I need to tell a dwarf this though. And your right, I did get across the river fast, cuz my gods favor me, and are more than just some spooky voice in some oddly colored flame"

With a grin about to swallow his entire face.

"Vorik you can't criticize me and then make fun of the flame in that manner can you?"
He then looks to see if the other paladin is listening.


Male Drow Paladin 2

"Sure I can, my gods have done nothing to you. The Flameics on the other hand, killed my descendants, because we worshiped differently. Thus, I can and will say anything I want about their special little flame"


HP 60/60 :: AC 16 T 13 FF 13 :: Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +8 :: Per -1 Init +13

Nic looks back with a smirk, "Lead by example, eh, Vorik?"


Male Human Game Master 5

The paladin, captain and crew, and Kaius make it across the river.


HP 60/60 :: AC 16 T 13 FF 13 :: Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +8 :: Per -1 Init +13
GM Levi wrote:
The paladin, captain and crew, and Kaius make it across the river.

Um... how about the rest of us?


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison
Vorik Kessler wrote:
"Sure I can, my gods have done nothing to you. The Flameics on the other hand, killed my descendants, because we worshiped differently. Thus, I can and will say anything I want about their special little flame"

"I would love to actually debate this seriously, since everyone has their own side to a story, but we got places to be. As for Thrane, I say we stay together until we get to Thrane, and then Sir Leonardo can go on about his business."


Male Half-orc Monk/Level 3

Dakvor looks calmly at the flowing river and sighs inwardly. I guess it's about time we all take a bath anyway.

Since taking 10 won't cut it out for Dakvor as per description the river has a strong current which means a dc of 15 I believe then he'll take 20 instead; spending the time to enjoy the water and let the mild altercation between Bones and Vorik dissipate before reaching for the other side.

As he hears the bickering between Vorik and Bones that seems it may get out of hand, the half-orc monk thinks, Yeah, a bath I hope calms us all

And so he did and enjoyed the waters for a while.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

"Lets leave the theological debate to another day yes? This is foolish. Lets just be about our business. My pockets are terribly light!" Darius grumbles softly.


Male Drow Paladin 2

Vorik begins the trek to get the hells out of the Mournland. He asks Darius to scout ahead, but to stay close to the group. As the man heads out he says in voice low enough that only the rogue can hear "If your worried about your pockets being too light, perhaps our Flameic friend can donate to the church of Darius??"


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

"I expect his pockets are a tad light at the moment but my bets is his Estates aren't!" Darius winks at Vorik before chuckling.

Turning, he slides off in to the land ahead, crouching low, moving swiftly.

Stealth-1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Perception-1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Human Game Master 5

As you all successfully make your way across the river, Darius lands gracefully on the sandy shore and goes into a crouch, looking around he spies nothing alarming, but does spot a village or small hamlet a mile inland.

Do as you please, until we get to Karrnath I have no real plan, and who knows, we may be completely off course -- such is open ended roleplaying! :)


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

My next goal is to find a House Sivis operation so I can send a message to my boss about the handler they assigned me to.


Male Drow Paladin 2

Nudges Darius, "psst, I think the inmates were just givin the run of the asylum, muhahahahaha"


Male Human Game Master 5
Vorik Kessler wrote:
Nudges Darius, "psst, I think the inmates were just givin the run of the asylum, muhahahahaha"

+1

The paladin, still drenched wet, turns his eyes to the group, "While my country is often unkind to visitors, I owe you my life. I am more than willing to lead you to whatever town you would like, and make sure you do not run into trouble there... if that is possible." He eyes Darius while making that last remark.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

game still going?


Male Drow Paladin 2

Vorik gazes sternly at the other Paladin "I am not all to certain I want Flameic hospitality, though if you could take us to a nearby town, that would be beneficial, provided it's a town with actual people in it"


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

"Oh that is gratitude... I fight in your corner then you suggest I am a trouble maker? I am shocked!" Darius laughs softly and shakes his head.

651 to 700 of 1,093 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Levi's Eberron PbP - For King and Country All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.