Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Levi's Eberron PbP - For King and Country

Game Master Levis


1 to 50 of 1,093 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Game Master 5

(Far, Lharvion 13, 998 YK)

A cold rain splatters across your exposed skin as you stand with a group of near strangers. There is little talk between you. The silence of your companions is eerie, and only amplified by the soft pitter-patter of the frigid drops of water falling from dark grey sky. The fog around you clears just long enough for you to get a glimpse of your destination, a colossal fortress constructed into the edge of a sheer cliff, looking out into the Lhazaar Sea: Dreadhold.
The name of the fortress prison brings a shiver to your spine, although that may just be from the chilling rain. Your reasons for coming to hellish monolith vary, but your mission is clear enough. Follow the instructions given to you by your employers: break in, locate cell block RED CMXCI, and "rescue" the prisoner located in cell KR-III, and get the Abyss out. Alive.

You look around your group, eying up your unusual companions:

A gaunt and particularly ugly male dwarf stands near the center of your group, holding a heavy dwarven urgosh. He is obviously not of Kundarak stock. Despite his awkward appearance he seems to move with an unusual grace, and his sharp eyes appear to take in every detail of the landscape around him.

ONLY FOR BONES:
You take a moment to survey his companions and then reflects on your mission. You have been hired out by House Deneith to complete some mission for a mysterious elf that only was referred to as "The Baron". Your mission is simple: Play the part of a House Deneith mercenary hired to guard and transport a small group "prisoners" to Dreadhold, and then assist these "prisoners" in emancipating one of the criminals held deep inside the castle-prison. You have been specifically instructed not to discuss your contract with your companions, and to follow direction to a T. For your services you will be paid 700 gold pieces in Kundarak certificates.

Bone's Campaign Trait: Veteran of the Last War- The experiences you went through in the Last War still haunt your dreams, and these flashbacks sometimes make you more dangerous in battle. When engaged in battle, once per day you may choose to receive a +2 trait bonus on your next attack roll.

A tall and well-muscled male half-orc stands off to one side of the group, his dark eyes taking in the group around him. Despite his obvious youth he seems ready for combat and yet surprisingly relaxed in surroundings. His clothing is simple and appears too thin to keep him warm in this frigid Lhazaar air.

ONLY FOR DAKVOR:
It seems only days ago that you were approached by a mysterious elf on the streets of Sharn and told that if you were traveling to Dreadhold and freeing a prisoner if you ever wanted to see your step-father again. In reality, it has been several weeks, and you worry that your step-father may already be dead, or worse, alive and suffering at the hands of some mysterious criminal gang in Karrnath. You only want to free this prisoner, and save your step-father. You were specifically told not to ask questions about your mission, and told not to discuss it with your companions.

Dakvor's Campaign Trait: A Father's Love- Your father spent so much time teaching you how to handle himself in battle against arcane spell casters that Dakvor picked up a couple of tricks yourself. Choose a 0-level spell. You may cast that spell once per day as a spell-like ability. This spell-like ability functions as if your caster level is at CL 1st. The spell like ability's save DC is wisdom based.

A handsome human man garbed in dark armor and clutching a symbol of the Sovereign Host stands slightly towards the rear of the group. He stands with and air of confidence, and clutches his chosen weapon with ease. An unusually dark aura clings to him despite his obvious religious alignment.

ONLY FOR VORIK:
You was hired out by House Deneith to guard and transport a small group of "prisoners" to Dreahold. Once there you are to assist his companions in freeing a prisoner of "some importance". For his services he will be paid 700 gold pieces in Kundarak certificates. You have been given the Sivis-approved paperwork to get him, "Bones", and your "charges" into Dreadhold.

Vorik's Campaign Trait: Legacy of the Kesslers- Your family was vey important in Karrnath only decades ago. From a young age you were taught about you heritage. Choose two of the following knowledge skills: History, Nobility, or Religion. Vorik receives a +1 trait bonus on these two skills, and one of them is always a class skill for you.

A brooding elf with dark brown hair stands in the center of the group. His violet eyes gleam with a cunning intelligence and he absentmindedly twirls a vial of greenish liquid between his finders in one hand. An expertly made violin is strapped to his back.

ONLY FOR DARIUS:
Only three weeks ago "The Shadow" had a run of luck. After being chased out of Sharn he was approached by a mysterious elf that offered him 600 gold pieces plus a rare piece of Phiarlan composed music for the violin, to "test his mettle" in a dangerous mission fit for an assassin. The mysterious elf made it clear that the offer wasn't really up for discussion, you would do it, or be caught by the authorities he was running for. Obviously, this elf had been watching him. Carefully. And so you find himself in his current company, about to break some criminal our of the most dangerous and secure prison in the world. You has been instructed not to discuss his mission with his companions.

Darius' Campaign Trait: Taint of Death- Darius' life has been plagued by death. The death of his father, mother, and friends, plus his profession has made him so separated from death that he has gained some control over it. Darius receives a +1 trait bonus on saves to avoid death effects. In addition, if Darius is dropped below -5 hitpoints he instantly stabilizes.

An ashen skinned human male stoops to one side of the group next to a horridly large stag beetle. He runs his hands along the carapace of the horse sized insect, muttering something under his breath. He is aloof, yet somehow charismatic. His eyes scan the horizon, cutting through some of the fog. The druid misses little. As he stands to the side of the group, his insect companion beats its large wings impatiently.

ONLY FOR LOCHE:
When you were approached by a mysterious elf who offered you a way to removed the Emerald Claw terrorist from your sect's grove, and help the Children of Winter out in exchange for a simple favor, of course you accepted. Your mission is simple enough, help your companions, do what they do, and additionally collect 5 fist sized Khyber Dragonshards from the depths of the prison. In return, the Emerald Claw would be removed from your grove. You have been instructed to not discuss your mission with your companions.

Loche's Campaign Trait: Winter's Touch- You have become so callous to the cold actions of the natural world that you have gained some resistance to them. You gain energy resistance (cold) 2.

Captivating green eyes stare out from under silver grey cloak, and when the moons manage to peek through the low clouds, a scarred shifter male is revealed to be standing in the midst of the group. He holds a masterfully crafted compound longbow, and matching sets of daggers peek from his belt. Hanging from a thin chain on his neck is a small silver arrowhead, which the shifter displays confidently.

ONLY FOR DESH:
You have been sent on this mission in service to the church. When a mysterious elf approached you late on night while you were deep in prayer, and offered you a way to strengthen the Flame and lay low her enemies you jumped at the opportunity. All you have to do is assist your new companions in breaking someone out of Dreadhold. And for this the Flame will burn ever brighter. The mysterious elf specifically told you not to discuss your mission with your companions, and to work with them to break the prisoner free. From there, your actions are your own.

Desh's Campaign Trait: Embrace of the Flame- Your faith in the Silver Flame is so strong that you can make it physically manifest your faith in your attacks. Once per day, when making an attack, you can choose to call on your faith to sheath your weapon in purifying flames, dealing an extra 1d4 damage. If your target is an evil outsider you instead deal and extra 1d6 damage.

Drawing your attention away from your new companions, you once again stare at the imposing fortress in the distance. The landscape is bathed in a dull silver-green glow from the two closest moons, making your descent to the base of the fortress easier.

What would you like to do?

If any of you have questions/concerns about your personal "spoiler" sections, please email me or put a spoiler in that is marked "GM ONLY". Be sure to check out the Discussion Thread HERE. Let the games begin!


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

GM only:
Is that +2 from my trait added before or after I know the results of the rule?


Male Human Game Master 5
Garish "Bones" Boulderdash wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

BONES ONLY:
Let's say before. Describe the flashback when you use it, if that suits your fancy! :)

Desh's intense green eyes bore into the foreboding structure as if he could drill through to see his quarry inside. He checks his pack once again, then the string of his longbow, testing for signs of wear from this incessant rain.

His eyes break their lock on the fortress-prison and sweep once again over his recent comrades.

GM only:
If Desh hasn't had the opportunity yet, he'll take this one to sweep them all with Detect Evil - his spell-like ability.

Also, do i have a question about my trait. Can i call out that i'm using it after i confirm a hit? or do I need to gamble with it?

"So, anyone ever done a prison break before?" His lips turn up in a ruined smile, the left side still pulled tight by the scar running from scalp to jaw. "It was somewhat looked down on in school."


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

I did not realize we were starting.

GM only:
From what I understand the other players are under my guard and are pretending to be prisoners. Is that correct? If we are outside the prison are there any guards present to allow us inside?

"I have never done a prison break before. I think walking the prisoner out will be an issue. Does anyone know how to forge papers?"


Male Human Game Master 5

DESH ONLY:
Your must specify that you are using your trait before you strike. :)


Male Human Game Master 5

BONES ONLY:
You were told that is the plan, but they do not know that. You must convince them to be your "prisoners". Other members of the team may also have the same plan. Basically (Because I was not clear) you all have separate objectives, and told not to discuss them, only to break the prisoner out of Dreadhold.


Male Human Game Master 5

You and your companions stand some distance away from the fortress prison, across a valley and slightly south. From this vantage point you cannot make out any guards, although you are sure as you approach the prison some will come unto view.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

DM only:
Well I do have rope. This is going to be some funny stuff.

"I think that the best way to get in is for me to take all of you as prisoners, and if any of you can forge papers that would be great so this looks more official."


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

"Prison, Castle, Mansion... Whats the diffrence?" Darius steps a little closer to the large imposing structure, frowning softly. "In the end it is all the same... Up the side, over the top, down to the bottom and back up again!" he sighs softly and frowns before sliding the vial of greenish liquid into an inner pocket.

He idly checks and re-checks his blade and Shortbow, making sure everything is in order before turning to the Dwarf. "I mean no disrespect, Master Dwarf, when I say I trust you not a whit. We do not know each other well enough for me to consider allowing you to do, what I have, essentialy, spent thirty plus years avoiding, in the hopes of bluffing our way past the guards." he shook his head softly and frowned. "There is always another way!"


Male Human Druid 4th

Here, and will post something tonight. Work has me busy at the moment in a two week stretch of daily shifts.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

I noticed we skipped past the introduction of names, and what we bring to the party, most likely because we talked about it in the other thread. Can we assume we actually did do proper introductions

"Well the most common reason for armed people to enter and leave a prison is to escort prisoners. The benefactor having us meet at this spot without allowing for prior planning does make me nervous. Maybe it is a test of sorts for another mission, but in any event we have to get in without using violence, and hopefully we can get out the same way.
Any of you know any other good reason or way to enter and exit a prison other than my idea, because I don't."


Male Human Game Master 5
Garish "Bones" Boulderdash wrote:

I noticed we skipped past the introduction of names, and what we bring to the party, most likely because we talked about it in the other thread. Can we assume we actually did do proper introductions

Sure, whatever makes you happy. I left it very open, and you can do what you want.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

The elf laughs softly and turns to face the Dwarf, with a broad smile. "Over the top of course... That or under the wall. As we do not have time to dig I would suggest over the top!" Darius nodded softly, turning to look at the other gathered party members.

"Besides... I do not question your prowess, dear Dwarf, I only question your supply of rope and your ability to tie up a bug" he nodded, looking at the large beetle with interest. "But I digress. I will consider agreeing to party decision, should it come to that. My vote is cast though!" he inclined his head softly to the Dwarf before sliding his gaze elsewhere.

Turning to Loche he smiled, letting the vial of poison play in to his hand again, spinning it dexterously with a small interested frown. "Tell me Druid, as a matter of interest... Your Companion... Is he poisonous? It is a most interesting beast..."

Sorry. Trying to get a feel for the party.


Male Drow Paladin 2

Vorik allows the others to chatter for a few moments, before deciding they could end up ruining the whole plan with their attempts at daring.

"I shall escort the criminals inside Dreadhold, where we will seek out the prisoner and make our escape. And yes, I have paper work to get us inside. Darius, at that point we rely on you to get us out without much violence, though if we must fight our way out, then so be it." He says this last with a slight grimness to his voice, something very strange coming from a Paladin.


Male Human Druid 4th

"Yes, if we have enough rope then I can fly on my mount and reach the top of the battlements. It will be up to you to climb up after that though a bit of block and tackle and my companion could even lift Master Vorik, here, in his armour."

"All I can be reasonably be assured is that walking in as a prisoner won't be much of an option for me. I don't think the guards would allow me to be chained up with my companion. I also don't trust to leave my companion in some 'stable' where the guards will likely use him as an amusement toy to torture."

"The trouble will reaching the battlements and not finding them occupied. Good eyes will be needed to watch for an opportune time. I'm afraid that will need to be done from afar because I'm sure if the guards see someone close and watching them then they will take the time to sit and return the glares."


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Darius smiles and shrugs softly, brushing a few specks of dust from his shoulder. "Should be an easy enough task, as long as I get a good look on the way in. I'm really not comfortable being restrained but... What the hell?!" he shrugs and crouches down, returning his gaze to the Prison, studying it, noting what he can from the outside.

"I do tend to agree with the Druid however... The Mount will be a problem. Unless... We make it appear to be Voriks!"

Id like to use a Perception check on the area surrounding the Prison, to see if I can spot any places where we could hide or defend ourselves, if we are pursued after leaving the Prison - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Human Game Master 5
Darius Kirisallin wrote:


Id like to use a Perception check on the area surrounding the Prison, to see if I can spot any places where we could hide or defend ourselves, if we are pursued after leaving the Prison - 1d20+6

___

You and your companions are currently too far away for your perception check to have any effect. In addition, the weather and fog makes it very difficult for you to see clearly. You are able to note a rocky outcropping to one side of the prison. It appears to be large enough to hide behind.
___


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

Levis, how popular are the PC classes in your version of Eberrion? In other words can the average person be assumed to be able to make a decent guest that someone is a certain class, or are they rare enough that they will normally be mistaken for an NPC class. I am asking because if Vorik becomes a pseudo-druid he may need to look the part.

"I think two guards would make more sense. Does anyone know if cellblock RED CMXCI is closer to the top or the bottom of the prison? I for one, was given no information on the blueprints of the place."


Male Human Game Master 5
Garish "Bones" Boulderdash wrote:

Levis, how popular are the PC classes in your version of Eberrion? In other words can the average person be assumed to be able to make a decent guest that someone is a certain class, or are they rare enough that they will normally be mistaken for an NPC class. I am asking because if Vorik becomes a pseudo-druid he may need to look the part.

___

While it may be possible for low-level characters such as clerics, fighters, and wizards to mistaken for their NPC equivalent, in most cases it is obvious what class someone belongs to.

In the past I have always played quick and dirty with the rules though, and I don't believe that it would be particularly unusual for someone to have an unusual mount or companion. This could be attributed to the relative common practice of purchasing and using magebred beasts.

Really, just roll with whatever you come up with, and I will make it work. I'm really liberal with things as long as the game keeps moving, nothing blatantly wrong comes up, and everyone is enjoying themselves.

When I GM'd in highschool (so only a year ago) my groups got away with making slip-and-slides down the stairs of Castle Ravenloft. That should tell you what type of GM I am! ;)
___


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

"I do not know, personally, but I am sure we can pick that up inside." Darius sighed softly and stood up slowly. "Well no sense in all of us standing here... Best we get some recon done... I think..."

Darius is going to attempt to disguise himself as a drifter, in the hopes that the weather and distance will fool the guards if he gets close and is spotted - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"I am going to go take a quick look at the battlements. I think I see somewhere I wont be seen from!"

Stealth Check to move to the rocky outcrop I spotted undetected. (I realize I may need more than one so I will do two, in the interest of speed!) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 221d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Human Game Master 5

His disguise complete (if a touch sloppy), Darius drifts through the rain with an almost alien grace. He begins to make his way across the small valley. The valley is approximately a half mile across, and the outcropping he is moving towards is only 65 feet from the gates of the prison. Until he draws near to the outcropping he runs little risk of being spotted by the elite Kundarak guards of Dreadhold.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

How close am I to the outcrop? Do I need to make another Stealth check?


Male Human Game Master 5

Darius is now 35 feet from the rock outcropping. His companions wait on the other side of the valley. Thus far he remains invisible. From this distance he can make out the Kundarak guards patrolling the ramparts above, as well as several guards standing on either side of the iron gates of the prison.

Please make another stealth check.


Male Human Druid 4th

Loche snorts at the 'disguise' of the elf.

A handful of dust to the face did not a drifter make.

'Happy trails'


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
And just for speed of play
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

Kundarak Guards' Perception Check (From Ramparts)1d20 - 4 ⇒ (18) - 4 = 14

(-2 for distance: Over and Up)

Kundarak Guards' Perception Check (From Gates) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

(-1 for distance)

Neither set of guards notice Darius.

____

Darius suffers a -3 due to being 35 feet away from the gates of the prison. 24-3=21

Darius makes out four Kundarak Guards at the entrance of Dreadhold. They stand in place, but are talking to each other. Apparently, they are waiting for a "delivery" of new prisoners to come in. These guards are armed with axes and shields.

On top of the prison Darius can make out several guards, each positioned approximately every 20 feet from each other. They each hold crossbows. Farther up in the sky Darius can make out large silhouettes flying low over the fortress.

The last detail Darius notes is that several of the guards have glowing green-blue dragonmarks.

____
CORRECTION: The rock outcropping is 35 feet from the gates. Earlier I said it was 65. That's a typo. That should explain my "math". :D


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Darius pulls a piece of paper and some charcoal from his pocket and starts to note everything he can see, down to the smallest, detail. Feeling content he had noted everything that could be helpful, he closes the parchment and slides it in to his pocket, turning and beginning to make his way back towards the group, slowly and quietly.

Stealth 1-1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Stealth 2-1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Stealth 3-1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Damn... Stealth 2 may kill me...


Desh watches the quiet figure of Darius disappear into the mists, trying his best to track his nearly perfectly silent footsteps by sound.

I should have offered to assist him. At the very least to keep an eye on him.

When the mists steal the sounds of the footsteps from his straining ears, he speaks quietly as he tries to keep watch on the fortress-prison.

"The elf seems awfully keen to shed some blood tonight." The shifter's voice carries a bite, letting you know just what he thinks about that stance. "Does everyone else here share his... zeal?"


Male Human Game Master 5

Darius makes his way across the valley as fast as he can without drawing attention to himself. He makes it to the group within a few minutes.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

The guards do not notice the elf's departure from the area.

By the time Darius is far enough for the second Stealth check to go into effect he is well out of the view of the dwarf guards.


Male Drow Paladin 2

As Darius leaves, Vorik says "Be quick about this and don't get caught, otherwise we may have serious trouble getting you back out"

While he waits the Elf's return, the large man takes a seat on a nearby log, thinking about how his sister is faring, hating to leave her but knowing he must.

When the Shifter speaks up, the Paladin responds "Not usually, no, but it if proves necessary, I have no problem spilling blood." Again, such words coming from a Paladin are a little unsettling.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Sliding back within hearing distance of the group, Darius takes a moment to listen to his new compatriots conversations, without them noticing him.

Thieves paranoia and all that! Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

"While I am no stranger to violence, fighting our way into and back out of the most dangerous prison on the continent is not on my list of good ideas. I am however willing to do what is necessary."


Sigh... Reading comprehension fail on my part. Darius never said anything about killing anyone. Oh well... roll with it or ignore it. Desh is stupid, after all... maybe I'm just really, really in character. :(


Male Human Druid 4th
Desh wrote:


"The elf seems awfully keen to shed some blood tonight." The shifter's voice carries a bite, letting you know just what he thinks about that stance. "Does everyone else here share his... zeal?"

"The weak are culled. It is the nature of things. If the guards or elf are weak then nature will sort out the balance."


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4
Desh wrote:
Sigh... Reading comprehension fail on my part. Darius never said anything about killing anyone. Oh well... roll with it or ignore it. Desh is stupid, after all... maybe I'm just really, really in character. :(

Didn't say it out loud but maybe Desh can read minds! ;) Haha. No need to worry!


Male Human Game Master 5

Darius, how far are you from the group? Could they make a perception check to spot you?


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Definitely close enough to be spotted (Exact distance is totally up to you Levi). Take it as a "Oh I wonder what they are saying, I guess I will stop and listen" sort of moment. It wasn't planned so he got closer than he otherwise would have!


Male Human Game Master 5
Darius Kirisallin wrote:
Definitely close enough to be spotted (Exact distance is totally up to you Levi). Take it as a "Oh I wonder what they are saying, I guess I will stop and listen" sort of moment. It wasn't planned so he got closer than he otherwise would have!

___

With this in mind, if anyone wants to make a perception check to notice Darius' approach, please feel free to do so. This check is made at a -1 penalty due to his distance from the group.


Male Human Druid 4th

Perception +10 -1 distance = +9 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

-1 equals 8


Male Half-orc Monk/Level 3

”Watch the bamboo sways and bends as the wind blows.
Watch how the wind gnashes and howls.
And watch in the end who remains standing.”

Dakvor could still hear Vikashtai’s words, the young half-orc monk’s martial mentor in the monastery during one of the storms that pounded the place. It was one lesson he learned and applied well in the many combat exercises he had with his kalashtar teacher and fellow students.

”Swaying and bending is well and good. But sometimes, the winds of fortune can bend you so much that in the end though you remain standing, you’ll be bent forever. I hope you never meet such a wind, my son.”

Words Aznak, his stepfather said during the first few months they were together when his training required Dakvor to apply the monastery’s lessons to the outside world. The chilling rain served well to hide a tear from the half-orc as he remembered his stepfather’s proverbial words. ”So father, I guess such a wind has caught up with me finally,” Dakvor thought with a heavy heart.

The decision he made to be with these strangers to supposedly rescue a prisoner from the most tightly-guarded prison known in Khorvaire still leaves a bitter taster to the young monk. But he had already made a decision and whether he regrets it in the future is something he had accepted to face head-on as well.

”This is for you, father”, Dakvor whispers amidst the pitter-patter of the rain. ”But I trust you do not think less of me.”

His reverie took him out from the group’s ongoing discussion. He realized that everyone seems to agree only on freeing the prisoner but each has a different tack on how to go about it. He noticed though that the one called Vorik seems to have the necessary paperwork for them to act as the paladin’s prisoners. Dakvor couldn’t reconcile yet the grimness of the paladin with what he’s used to but as Aznak would always say, ”Keep an open mind to everyone. Do not judge for it’s not your place. Judge only enough to help make a decision when needed.”

And so Dakvor decided, ”If the group needs to decide by vote. I go for Vorik’s plan.”

Dakvor will make a perception check as well for The Shadow's approach.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 (+9 skill, -1 distance)


Male Human Druid 4th

'Voting? Nature doesn't vote. A king or queen rules and the others obey. The most best among us should rule the pride and the others should obey their lead. Anything else is unnatural.'


Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14. Hmmm... got an unkind dice-roller, here. :)

Desh's eyes slide over to rest on the quiet human, wondering at his rustic, natural look, "Well, we're not lions, and this isn't a monarchy." There is a pause while he thinks, a concentrating look on his face, "I've never climbed walls like those, especially not at night or in the rain. I say we go in with Vorik's plan. Is there any way we could retain our weapons while doing so, though? I don't like the idea of going in there empty-handed."

"Do you think we could hide our weapons? Or disguise them?" He looks down at his bow, "Though I'm not sure how you hide nearly four feet of bow... not to mention the arrows."

Levi, I spoilered you earlier mentioning that Desh would have cast Detect Evil on all my compatriots. I'm assuming they all came up negative?

"Also, what does anyone know of our quarry? I was only told to help with the attempt; I wasn't given any specifics. It'd be good to know what to expect once we get in there."


Male Human Game Master 5

Desh's Detect Evil comes up negative, although his gut tells him differently.


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

Sliding back in to the group, Darius waits no time to recount exactly what he saw on his short sortie across the valley to the Prison.

"We are in a lot more trouble than I thought. We cant go over, there are winged beasts to worry about and the guards all bear a Dragonmark. Looks like our only choice is to go with Vorik as a guard!"

Nodding softly, Darius removes his sword belt, quiver and shortbow, and stacks them neatly on the ground, adding his Chain shirt and potions a moment later. Binding the gear up with two cords, into a neat roll, he offers them towards the Paladin.

"May as well look the part right?" grinning he moves away a little, carefully checking the vials of poison, the dagger and the thieves tools hidden carefully around his body.

'I would rather be anywhere but here right now...'


Desh watches the elf pile his gear on the ground, obviously not enjoyng the idea of doing the same himself.

"I really don't want to give up my bow. Maybe i can be a guard for Vorik's prisoner?"


Male Human Druid 4th

'I suppose that I could always pretend that I was a trained guide and scout. If you've got an elf for a prisoner then they'd expect that you needed someone to lead you through the woods to find the outlaw. I've hunted a few criminals and monsters in the woods and know my part. Normally, I just help nature discourage people from staying where they aren't welcome but occasionally you have to round up a few and make examples of them.'

'Such an approach would allow me better to keep my companion and fewer questions would be asked as to why you didn't take my mount away or slay it on the spot. I'll also be able to keep my pouch and symbol which will be important if you want any aid in the depths of that foul place.'


Male Elf Rogue (Poisoner) Lvl 4

"Wait... I am the only Prisoner?" Darius laughed softly and nodded gently. "The Shadow, caught at last, needing a group of adventures to run Guard duty on him. Seems right for the rep!" he shrugged softly and held his wrists out, his hands held together, awaiting a rope or chain bracelet.

Looking scathingly at the Druid he sighed, "Not every elf dwells in the forest dear Druid. Do I appear to be one of my forest dwelling cousins?" shaking his head softly he smiled. "Let us be about this binding. And please, in the name of the gods, do not leave me in there!"


Male Drow Paladin 2

"Loche and Desh can be my extra guards while the rest of you serve as prisoners. Loche, would it be possible to bundle all of the weapons onto your beetle there, to make sure they are with us for as long as possible? Darius, see if you can't tie them up in such a way as to be easily removable in a hurry. Once inside, let us guards take care of as much trouble as possible so we can attempt to maintain our ruse".

1 to 50 of 1,093 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Levi's Eberron PbP - For King and Country All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.