Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Lamplighter: PFS #4-07 "Severing Ties" (Inactive)

Game Master Scott Young

This is a Pathfinder Society organized play game of PFS scenario #4-07, "Severing Ties".


101 to 150 of 544 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

23/23, AC:17, T: 11, FF: 16, CMD: 16, Fort +7, Refl +2, Will +6 (+2 vs Charm/Comp), Init: +1, Perc: +6, CG Human Male Cleric 2/Cavalier 1, Greatsword (PA): +4, 2d6+7

"It is time like these that my faith in Andoran's ideals faulters. It seems that the Freedom Empire has hired out to the whore-cults of Calistria for compainionship, though Major doth suspect, . . . suspects that the Calistrials hold some grudge and intend-eth, and intend to to send whatever "less-than-professional talent" to slight him publically. I supposseth I need to intrview these "talents", but um, I, uh, I'm not sure, . . . I'm happily married."

"And would like to keepeth that way."

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Basic humanoid function, nothing wrong with it. I can handle any interviewing if you'd like. Heh." Andrazi grins.

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD27||HP53[53]|Fort:+8;Ref:+8;Will:+4|Percept.+13|Init.+4 Elf Fighter(Lorewarden) 6 / Lantern Bearer 1

Leastrie begins to look uncomfortable.I must say that I am uneasy with this type of establishment, but I am more uneasy separating. We should see to your business here and then present ourselves to Jenk.

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome HP 29/31 | AC 17/12/16 | F: 6 / R: 2 / W: 8 | Init: +1 | Perception: +15(17) | Diplomacy: +11

GM:
It appears we are spending some time in town, so I will attempt to gather information Gather Information (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 as to the latest exploits and possible location of Redelia.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Leastrie

"Why's that? You never been to one before?"

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD27||HP53[53]|Fort:+8;Ref:+8;Will:+4|Percept.+13|Init.+4 Elf Fighter(Lorewarden) 6 / Lantern Bearer 1

Leastrie turns to Andrazi. That is really none of your concern. I am just trying to keep this mission on track. I for one do not want to let down Heidmarch or the Society.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Leastrie.

"Alright, just asking. I mean I'm okay with heading straight to the job, but apparently Soth here really wanted to hit this place first."


So, to clarify, you're going to go... where?

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

According to Soth, there's a temple of Calistria here.

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 to find said temple.

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD27||HP53[53]|Fort:+8;Ref:+8;Will:+4|Percept.+13|Init.+4 Elf Fighter(Lorewarden) 6 / Lantern Bearer 1

Into the brothel to help Soth with his faction mission

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome HP 29/31 | AC 17/12/16 | F: 6 / R: 2 / W: 8 | Init: +1 | Perception: +15(17) | Diplomacy: +11

We are headed to a brothel, and I am going to Gather Information there while Soth does his thing. I figure men out at sea for long periods at a time probably fancy a stop by the local house of ill repute. Not a bad place to start looking for information.

Liberty's Edge

23/23, AC:17, T: 11, FF: 16, CMD: 16, Fort +7, Refl +2, Will +6 (+2 vs Charm/Comp), Init: +1, Perc: +6, CG Human Male Cleric 2/Cavalier 1, Greatsword (PA): +4, 2d6+7

I dont need to go there first and honestly I would rather wait to see if either it naturally comes around or if we can work some some story plot into it. Im perfectly fine getting a room and taking a day to learn the city and meeting our contact (AC).


With a few questions, you easily learn the Callistran brothel-temple, the House of the Silken Veil. It is a large marble building with an ugly, blood-red steeple on top, and lies about a mile away on the far side of town, nestled against the mountains.

Esmerelda:
You learn that the family of the woman you seek still live in Riddleport. The husband, Josef, is a dockyard worker; he takes care of the two half-elven daughters, Niana (9) and Frelinda (6). You learn the location of their hovel in town, which is on the way to the Callistran temple.

As you head in that direction, a sign nearby catches your eye. It reads, "Barracuda Cartage, Under New Management", and hangs on a dilapidated fence surrounding a dilapidated 3-story compound which shows signs of recent repair. The cartage company’s main building rises three stories above the filthy streets. Behind this main building stands a coach-house large enough for four wagons. A weedy yard is enclosed by a high brick wall, but the large wooden doors to the yard stand open to admit new business, even in this evening hour.

A half-dozen burly men loiter in the yard, overseeing a dozen laborers loading carts with what looks like bundles of cloth.

Do you continue to the House of the Silken Veil?

Also note: I'll be offline likely until Sunday night; our big show, JimCon, starts tomorrow and I'm coordinating 30+ tables of PFS. Wish me luck!

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Good luck!

"I guess since we're already here, we should check in before hitting the Silken Veil."

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD27||HP53[53]|Fort:+8;Ref:+8;Will:+4|Percept.+13|Init.+4 Elf Fighter(Lorewarden) 6 / Lantern Bearer 1

Good Luck
I agree whole-heartedly

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"We'll have to visit your whores later." Andrazi looks over to Soth.

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome HP 29/31 | AC 17/12/16 | F: 6 / R: 2 / W: 8 | Init: +1 | Perception: +15(17) | Diplomacy: +11

Esmerelda will glance around at the cartage building and gate, looking for anything unusual.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Esmerelda:
There are definitely two groups, about a dozen labourers and about a half-dozen guards. The sign looks freshly painted, and lights are on in the main floor and second floor of the main building, as well as in the coach-house behind.

The guards seem to be wearing armor under their clothes, and you long swords and shorter blades hang at their hips. You also spot several crossbows scattered around, resting on wagons, crates, and other inconspicuous-yet-easily-accessible locations.

As you walk along the street and get closer to the gate, one of the guards takes notice of you, and taps his buddy on the shoulder. They two of them stand up and casually wander over closer to the open gateway, trying (and failing) to look unconcerned. The other guards take notice of this and do their best to concern themselves with the loading of wagons while watching you out of the corner of their eye.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Andrazi leads the team of "Aspis" into the main building of Barracuda Cartage, hoping to find Jenk.

Dark Archive

Male Human Rogue/spy 1

*I will follow with little concern for the concerned guards*

Liberty's Edge

23/23, AC:17, T: 11, FF: 16, CMD: 16, Fort +7, Refl +2, Will +6 (+2 vs Charm/Comp), Init: +1, Perc: +6, CG Human Male Cleric 2/Cavalier 1, Greatsword (PA): +4, 2d6+7

I'll follow as well, flashing my badge, though not obviously, and likewise wearing my armor and arms prominently.


The guard nearest the door moves to intercept you, and starts to ask you your business. Soth-Loren flashes his Aspis badge at the guard, who immediately changes his demeanor, standing up a little straighter and trying to look worthy of his station.

"Welcome, sirs, ma'am, to Barracuda Cartage," he begins. "I 'spects y'll be wantin' ta see Boss Jenks - he's the one what sent fer yer help. He's upstairs, second floor, first door on the right."

You can feel the eyes of the other guards on your backs, checking you out, but this time with a measure or respect instead of disdain.

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD27||HP53[53]|Fort:+8;Ref:+8;Will:+4|Percept.+13|Init.+4 Elf Fighter(Lorewarden) 6 / Lantern Bearer 1

Leastrie brings up the rear of the group, trying to memorize the path they follow and notice anything of consequence
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Dark Archive

Male Human Rogue/spy 1

*i follow lol*

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome HP 29/31 | AC 17/12/16 | F: 6 / R: 2 / W: 8 | Init: +1 | Perception: +15(17) | Diplomacy: +11

Nodding curtly Esmerelda adds only a quick, "Thank you!" before following the others.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Thanks." Andrazi takes the stairs and enters the first door on the right.

Liberty's Edge

23/23, AC:17, T: 11, FF: 16, CMD: 16, Fort +7, Refl +2, Will +6 (+2 vs Charm/Comp), Init: +1, Perc: +6, CG Human Male Cleric 2/Cavalier 1, Greatsword (PA): +4, 2d6+7

I will make a show of noting any exits, weapons, or any other types of security, nod my head towards "Andrazi", don't we still need alt names?, saying nothing. Then I will follow up to the room they mentioned.


Leastrie:
You don't notice anything untoward - the guards go back to their business of looking casual, trying to look efficient and barking orders at the labourers to hurry up. You do notice that there are 6 loaded crossbows hidden about the place, one near each guard. This seems to be standard operating pr

The building is old, but is clearly in the process of being upgraded. Windows have new glass, and falling plaster has been patched in places. Inside, a hallway runs along the exterior wall, ending in a staircase. There are two open doors along the hallway, one leading into a small rooom with a table and several chairs, and the other into a large warehouse space with open loading doors to the yard beyond. Stairs at the end of the hall lead to another hallway, this one with several closed doors along it. The first door on the right is open, however, and from within you can here a man's voice, muttering quietly.

Everyone please give me a Stealth check and a Perception check, and note anything you do on the way upstairs.

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD27||HP53[53]|Fort:+8;Ref:+8;Will:+4|Percept.+13|Init.+4 Elf Fighter(Lorewarden) 6 / Lantern Bearer 1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Leastrie brings up the rear of the party. Looking for traps/alarms. He also listens to hear any names spoken.
Alias is Grinfel Hokum by the way.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Liberty's Edge

23/23, AC:17, T: 11, FF: 16, CMD: 16, Fort +7, Refl +2, Will +6 (+2 vs Charm/Comp), Init: +1, Perc: +6, CG Human Male Cleric 2/Cavalier 1, Greatsword (PA): +4, 2d6+7

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
whisper a short prayer akin to "in the valley of the shadow of death. . ."

Dark Archive

Male Human Rogue/spy 1

stealth,perception:

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Ranvar looks around suspiciously as he tiptoes as he goes up the stairs

Edit: Ranvar has no problem being first up the stairs.

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome HP 29/31 | AC 17/12/16 | F: 6 / R: 2 / W: 8 | Init: +1 | Perception: +15(17) | Diplomacy: +11

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Handle Animal (Defend Trick): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Perception: Animal Companion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Stealth: Animal Companion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Following quietly with the others, Esmerelda pays little attention to the goings on around herself. She simply remains silent and ensures that her Aspis badge is visible.


You head up the stairs, which creak slightly as you go. The doorway at the top is open, a warm light spilling out into the hall. Inside, a well-dressed middle-aged man with a dark hair and beard sits at an ornate desk, flipping back and forth between several documents. The room, while in poor repair, nonetheless has a veneer of class about it. Silver candlesticks light the room, and several paintings in the Egoran style hang on the walls, covering the worst of the cracked plaster and water stains. The desk is littered with papers, handwritten notes, and what appear to be financial records, and there are several stacks and boxes full of paper along the wall behind the desk.

The man looks up as you enter. His eyes narrow, settling on the dinosaur, and he tenses, fumbling with one hand under his robe. As his eyes scan the room they settle on Esmerelda's badge, and his face relaxes somewhat. He stands, smoothes his finely-embroidered waistcoat, and affects an air of casual arrogance.

"Interesting choice of pets," he begins, nodding to Esmerelda. "I imagine it comes in handy. Now, which one of you's Shadowtongue?"

Liberty's Edge

23/23, AC:17, T: 11, FF: 16, CMD: 16, Fort +7, Refl +2, Will +6 (+2 vs Charm/Comp), Init: +1, Perc: +6, CG Human Male Cleric 2/Cavalier 1, Greatsword (PA): +4, 2d6+7

I just stand there, stoically, saying nothing for the moment, and trying to betray no emotions. "I can not believe she braught the beast in here" he thinks fleetingly.

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"I'm Thestil. What's the job?"

Dark Archive

Male Human Rogue/spy 1

*Ranvar stand quietly with his arms crossed peering out from under hus cloak hood*

Silver Crusade

Female Gnome HP 29/31 | AC 17/12/16 | F: 6 / R: 2 / W: 8 | Init: +1 | Perception: +15(17) | Diplomacy: +11

"Thank you." Turning to Andrazi Esmerelda adds, "I will wait just outside the door so I can listen, but keep other ears further at bay."

Bluff (Aid Other): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Success, +2 to Andrazi's Bluff if he needs to make one to convince Jenks that he is Thestil


Jenks turns to face "Thestil", looking him up and down.

Spoiler:
Bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"Hmmph. Guess I expected you to be... a bit more... professional." He scans the group again, the look of disdain growing on his face. "Your reputation better be all it's cracked up to be," he mutters as he turns to pick up some papers off of the desk.

"So here's the deal. I'm having some trouble with one of our "contractors", the cult of Lissala here in town. They did a job for us a while back that went bad, and now they're upset. To make it up to them, the higher-ups have determined a set of gifts to be given to the Lissalans. That's where you come in."

Jenks hands over three documents, which appear on the surface to be legal contracts of some sort."We've lent money to each of the three big temples here in town, and they've all defaulted on the terms of their agreements," he smirks. As if they had a chance... "They've been told to make a partial payment on their interest due by providing a magical item, one that turns out to be of interest to the Lissalans. Your job is to head to the temples, collect the items, and bring them back here. As usual, your payment will come through the Magnimar office, but if you do a good job, and I'll throw in a bonus: I'll give you the honor of delivering the gifts to the Lissalans yourselves. Got it?" Jenks stands back and crosses his arms, one eyebrow raised slightly as though expecting a barrage of stupid questions.

Liberty's Edge

23/23, AC:17, T: 11, FF: 16, CMD: 16, Fort +7, Refl +2, Will +6 (+2 vs Charm/Comp), Init: +1, Perc: +6, CG Human Male Cleric 2/Cavalier 1, Greatsword (PA): +4, 2d6+7

Garinol snicker with the man, "Notta problem, boss. Where's dis temple to Lassalans, and the others? Wha' items do you need us to "get"?"

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Oh it is, you can believe that."

"Sounds like they should have paid up. But we can get this stuff for you. What is the stuff anyway?"

Dark Archive

Male Human Rogue/spy 1

*ranvar says nothing and continues to stand there with his arms crossed peering at the man*

he is trying to act more professional

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD27||HP53[53]|Fort:+8;Ref:+8;Will:+4|Percept.+13|Init.+4 Elf Fighter(Lorewarden) 6 / Lantern Bearer 1

Leastrie peers around the room, looking for any outside observation.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Sounds easy enough, the temples know we're coming?


To Soth-Loren, Jenks says, "You're not going to see the Lissalans, not unless you do this job first, and do it well."

Jenks turns back to "Thestil" and glares. "Your boys seem a bit undisciplined, Shadowtongue. Are you sure you can keep them in line? This is a delicate job."

He turns back to the documents on the desk. "You'll be visiting the Publican House, the tavern-temple of Cayden Cailien over on the north shore, to pick up a sacred mug. You can see it from the yard here, right across the river.

"The House of the Silken Veil, Callistria's brothel, will be paying you with a magical dagger. Can't miss it, big marble building with a giant red steeple on top, over on the west edge of town, up against the hills.

"The Fish Bowl, Besmara's temple, will be providing a magical bicorne hat. The Fish Bowl is east of here, along the river. I presume you have the ability to determine a real magical item from a fake?" Jenks asks rhetorically.

"All three have been told you're coming, and to have their payment ready. I don't care what order you do them in, but visit all three tonight and bring the items back here when you're done. By then, I'll have the location of the Lissalan safe house, and we'll see about making the drop."

Soth-Loren:
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25: You've heard of the Publican House before. All are welcome in this crowded, rowdy drinking hall, except for cyphermages. Gambling and drinking contests are common events.
You have also heard the darker rumors about Besmara's clergy. They are rumored to perform blood sacrifices on those who have displeased the Pirate Queen. These sacrifices often involve feeding victims to dangerous sea creatures.

Esmerelda:
Perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17: You're pretty sure no one is actively listening in, but you can tell that at least one of the guards has followed you into the building and is standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Andrazi:
Knowledge (Local)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13: You recall the Publican House from the trip into the harbour, but you're unsure of the location of the other two buildings.

Ranvar:
Knowledge (Local)1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14: You recall seeing the Publican House as you disembarked from the ship, but you aren't sure about the location of the other two temples.

Leastrie:
No one seems to be watching from the outside as far as you can tell.
Knowledge (Local)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21: You know the location of all three of the temples, from a quick survey of a city map back at the docks.
Knowledge (History)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9: No further information pops into your head at this time.

"I suspect that the temples aren't very happy about this payment, so be on your guard. You may need to use some 'coercive negotiation' to convince them to pay up, despite the fact that we have the lawful right to demand payment according to the terms of our agreements." He looks back to you, a trace of impatience already setting in. "Now, anything else you need? The night's getting on."

Dark Archive

Male Human Rogue/spy 1

"I think thats all.

*he walks out*

*he says whenever everyone else leaves as well*

I seem to recall the Publican House, however im unsure on the rest."

Sczarni

Male Human(Varisian) Cad 6 (HP 60/60; AC:25, T:14, FF:23; Fort:+9 Ref:+6 Will:+6; Init+2; Perception+0)

"Don't worry about my guys, I know what I'm doin'."

"I remember where the Publican house is too. We should start there."

Dark Archive

Male Human Rogue/spy 1

"After you"

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD27||HP53[53]|Fort:+8;Ref:+8;Will:+4|Percept.+13|Init.+4 Elf Fighter(Lorewarden) 6 / Lantern Bearer 1

Leastrie follows the other out. Once outside he stops to talk to Jenk's men. Hey there, names Grink, so how's this Jenk fellow to work for?


Leastrie:
Diplomacy 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
The man looks back at Leastrie, sees his Bronze Aspis Consortium badge, and replies, "Boss Jenks's all right, bud. Now, you got your job, an' I got mine, right?" He walks back over towards the wagons, eyeing the laborers' efforts.

Grand Lodge

AC23/Touch16/Flat18/CMD27||HP53[53]|Fort:+8;Ref:+8;Will:+4|Percept.+13|Init.+4 Elf Fighter(Lorewarden) 6 / Lantern Bearer 1

I'm sorry, didn't catch your name

101 to 150 of 544 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lamplighter's #4-07 "Severing Ties" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.