Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Kobash - PFS First Steps Part III (Inactive)

Game Master Kobash

"A Vision of Betrayal" This is Part 3 of the First Steps series.


201 to 230 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

Adamus runs over to the Gillman holding the artifact. He then tries to grab him to stop him from escaping with the artifact.

Grapple check. He can take an AOO if he threatens
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Taldor

Falyf releases his spell, which causes the two fleeing gillmen, as well as a handful of bar patrons, to fall over. Adamus rushes up to find them both unconscious.

The bartender hops the bar, moving towards the artifact and casts a spell, creating a thin layer of grease on the floor beneath Adamus. Grabbing a chair, Adamus manages to keep on his feet.

ROLLS:

Gillman save vs Color Spray 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Gillman save vs Color Spray 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Adamus reflex save vs Grease 1d20 ⇒ 13

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

With this Falyf draws his short sword and moves over to the bartender.

Sczarni

HP 43 / AC 19 / CMD 18* / Fort +3, Ref +8, Will+1 (Rogue Acrobat 5)

Haris shouts, "Thief!" and lunges at the artifact to pull it safely into possession and away from the bartender.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
GM please make rolls for grab if required.

Taldor

Haris performs a perfect handspring round off, vaulting off the bar, flipping through the air in a combination somersault to layout, flying over the bartender and sticking his landing right beside the artifact. As he picks it up, the woman growls in frustration and raises her hand towards the entertainer...

Adamus is up.

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

Adamus walks up to the bartender and attempts to grapple.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Taldor

Adamus balance check vs DC 10 for Grease spell 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (20) - 4 = 16

Taking careful steps, Adamus clears the greased area on the floor and attempts to grapple the bartender, but cannot get a good grip on her.

In response, the bartender draws a dagger and wand, directs the latter at Haris, and speaks a trigger word that sends a magical missile into his chest.

Magic Missile damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Falyf moves up further, avoiding the grease spell and into flanking, invoking his arcane pool on his blade and attacks the bartender - probably missing horrably.....

attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Sczarni

HP 43 / AC 19 / CMD 18* / Fort +3, Ref +8, Will+1 (Rogue Acrobat 5)

"ha-Hah!", Haris calls as he entertains the crowd, "Thank you! I'll be here all week! Be sure to tip your waitress!" Then the missiles slams into him, sending him looking for cover with an offensive retreat. thrown dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"crap..."fum: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

Adamus once again tries to grapple the bartender.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Sigh...

Taldor

The bartender takes a weak swipe at Adamus with her dagger as he attempts to grapple her. She then steps back and unleashes another magic missile at Haris. 5 HP damage

Everyone can go again.

ROLLS:

Dagger AoO on Adamus 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Magic Missile at Haris 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

Adamus decides to channel the power of the Strong Man as he tries to stop the mage without inflicting harm on her.

Activating smite. Ignore the extra +3 if she isn't evil.
1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 3 = 13

AC is now 18 if she is evil.

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Falyf tries two things in one go, casting and attacking with spellcombat.

concentration check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Touch attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Shocking grasp damage 1d6 ⇒ 5
Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Sczarni

HP 43 / AC 19 / CMD 18* / Fort +3, Ref +8, Will+1 (Rogue Acrobat 5)

Haris isn't going to wait around to get fingered again; Nestor is as useless as the spittoon, and his companions is faring well breaking the furniture. Yep, run. Straight out the door with the carried goods.

Taldor

Stepping in with perfect form, Falyf's sword digs into the woman's leg, then his off hand sends her reeling with a shower of sparks. With a growl of pain and surprising will, she manages to keep her feet and slice Adamus across the arm 3 HP as he finally manages to grab hold of her. Lifting her from her feet, she squirms but is unable to escape as Haris darts from the bar with the artifact in hand.

ROLLS:

Attack of Opportunity against Adamus 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Dagger Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CMB check to escape grapple 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

Adamus continues the hold. "Just give up. You lost, be a good sport about it."

Grapple to Pin
1d20 + 5 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 3 + 5 = 33

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Falyf keeps an eye on the two grappling, but it looks like Adamus succeeded.

If this is the case he will tie up the other two, if not he will attack, but a 33 probably makes it....

Taldor

Combat maneuver check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"I'll never give up to the likes of you, Pathfinder!" The bartender struggles, but is unable to break free from Adamus' hold.

Does Falyf continue to tie up the others or help Adamus?

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Falyf will help Adamus to tie up the struggling bartender.

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

Maintain Pin: 1d20 + 5 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 3 + 5 = 21

"Well then we'll have to do this hard way. Shame really, you're kinda cute. I was gonna buy you a drink after all this. Instead you're gonna go to whatever counts as authority here."

Sczarni

HP 43 / AC 19 / CMD 18* / Fort +3, Ref +8, Will+1 (Rogue Acrobat 5)

Haris runnin'.

Taldor

Falyf ties up the bartender as Nestor and Curraine regain their sight, then assist with binding the other two gillmen. As the local guards are summoned to deal with them you find an interesting letter on the bartender. Directed to an unnamed superior in the Aspis Consortium, it outlines the gillmen’s plans to trick the Pathfinder Society into trading their artifact for a fake. Written in the past tense, as if she planned to send it immediately after the con was completed, it also reveals that the rumor of an Aspis ship lurking in the area waiting for a seabound delivery was unfounded. Apparently she requested such a thing, but was denied.

Soon the gillmen are taken away, leaving your group to return to Absalom with the Society's artifact.

Anything you'd like to do in Escadar before returning?

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

Nope, Adamus is alright with returning to Absalom.

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Happy to return.

Guess we are at the end - if you could sign a Tales Chornicle would be great - and only the Prince of Wolves one:
Prince of Wolves chronicle

picture as proof

Thanks, and it was a great game!

Dayjob Craft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
equals 20gp

Sczarni

HP 43 / AC 19 / CMD 18* / Fort +3, Ref +8, Will+1 (Rogue Acrobat 5)

Yes - a one night only show!

Taldor

Having succeeded at your task, you book passage and soon find yourselves back in Absalom and in the presence of Venture-Captain Dreng. He thanks you for your efforts and apologizes for sending your party on a fool’s errand, but commends you for uncovering the ruse and preventing the Society’s enemies from gaining control of a true Azlanti artifact. Dreng takes special care to warn you about the Aspis Consortium.

"The Consortium are the greatest threat to the Pathfinder Society, and you should be ever vigilant against the organization in your ongoing careers."

Thanks everyone. This last part was a drag, slowed by both work and difficult scenario to get motivated about, but congratulations, we're done! I will prepare and send out the chronicles in the next day or two.

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

"All in a day's work."

Thanks for sticking with it in any case.

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Falyf nods, "Will be, and I guess we meet them again...."

Thanks for running it and keeping it up!

Sczarni

HP 43 / AC 19 / CMD 18* / Fort +3, Ref +8, Will+1 (Rogue Acrobat 5)

"And they would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for us meddling Pathfinders!"


M almost human

Just wanted to check, will you manage to get the certs out soon?
Thanks and Cheers,
Pete

201 to 230 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kobash - PFS First Steps Part III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.