Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Kobash - PFS First Steps Part III (Inactive)

Game Master Kobash

"A Vision of Betrayal" This is Part 3 of the First Steps series.


151 to 200 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Sczarni

HP 51 / AC 19 / CMD 19* / Fort +4, Ref +9, Will+2 (Rogue Acrobat 6)

ok... lets try that again
spear: 1d20 ⇒ 131d6 ⇒ 2
Sneak: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Taldor

Falyf shoves his shortsword through the crocodile with a perfect strike. Then Haris jumps on it and stabs it repeatedly with the centaur spear. Blood bubbles up in the marsh as it dies.

The frog facing Adamus vanishes in a burst of murky goo that splatters everywhere from his powerful attack.

The kobold on the shore screeches in fury and readies the club in it's hands.

Everyone can go again.

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

Adamus continues to move towards the kobold then.

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Falyf moves towards the kobold, and if possible attacks (charges if he needs to).

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Taldor

Adamus can get to the kobold in a move action. It will take Falyf 2 rounds to close the distance.

As Adamus trudges up to the road the kobold steps to the edge, using the higher ground to swing his club square onto the paladin's head. 7 HP

The kobold squeals in triumph, prematurely celebrating the effect of the solid blow. However, Adamus still stands.

ROLLS:

Kobold attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 7

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Another move by Falyf.

I guess he can attack next round then?

Taldor

You can attack on the third round Falyf, though this will likely be over by then I think.

Sczarni

HP 51 / AC 19 / CMD 19* / Fort +4, Ref +9, Will+2 (Rogue Acrobat 6)

Haris moves towards the kobold and hurls the masterwork spear.
spear: 1d20 ⇒ 191d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Taldor

There is a moment of stunned silence as the kobold looks a Haris' spear lodged deep in it's thigh. Then it emits a sudden shriek of pain and surprise and begins hopping up and down on its good leg.

"Quiksk bont shshaka!" It howls. "Quiksk bont shshakakaaaaa!"

Draconic translation:
It's in the bone! It's in the booooonnnnnee!

Adamus is up.

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

Adamus will move towards the kobold again and swings with his hammer, hoping to knock her out.

Non-Lethal
1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 4 = 17

2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 = 13

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Falyf continues to move.

Sczarni

HP 51 / AC 19 / CMD 19* / Fort +4, Ref +9, Will+2 (Rogue Acrobat 6)

"Take that you winged spawn of Azmodeus!, Haris wades towards solid ground.

Taldor

Adamus' blow rattles the kobold's teeth and leaves it cross eyed. Then it falls over backwards and jerks a few times from unconscious reflexes.

The fight is over.

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

"Why did she attack us?"

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

"No idea," Falyf responds, "you wanna wake her and ask?" - with this he checks if she has anything valuable on her.

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

"Not particularly. Let's just move on. "

Taldor

A quick search by Falyf discovers a pouch full of gems and a magical wand on the kobold. The club, seemingly enchanted with a temporary spell, turns out to be a rather mundane and common looking small stick in a larger person's hands.

Meeting up with a somewhat guilty-looking Nestor on the far side of the fallen tree, the group continues on. Exiting the bog a short time later, you cross a stretch of hills and plains and enter the small seaside village of Pier's End just as the sun is setting.

Rooms are acquired, baths are drawn, warm food and cold drinks are consumed, and by morning everyone feels more of less human again. You've made good time, but crossing the sea to Escadar requires more than a good map and a pair of boots. Nestor brings the group to the local Harbor Mistress, a woman named Namia Ruan.

"Need to get to Escadar, aye?" Namia says, looking through a small book in her meager office. "We don't port many ships here, but one of these captains might be able to help you make the crossing. Darice Sumore is likely on her ship, which is scheduled to set sail this afternoon. Small Otti might be at his ship, but he's more than likely at the market or the tavern. Hmm.. you could also try Crazy Old Tanner as well. Probably find him in the crows nest of his boat, yellin at the closest raincloud or seagull."

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

"Can you tell us a little more about these captains? Or are we going to find out on our own?" Adamus asks almost knowing the answer. After he gets it, he will lead the group to go see Darice first.

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

"You should do the talking," Falyf menitons to Adamus, "I am not really diplomatic - I will help you as good as I can." (or not...)

Assist a diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Sczarni

HP 51 / AC 19 / CMD 19* / Fort +4, Ref +9, Will+2 (Rogue Acrobat 6)

"Let's just keep in tradition and go with Crazy." Haris dryly comments, still eye daggers at Nestor. "What's his boat's name?", clearly asking for advice more than a name from the woman.

Diplo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Taldor

Adamus, roll a diplomacy or knowledge (local) check.

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

Diplomacy
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Taldor

Namia gives the names of the three Captain's boats, plus directions to where they are docked. In addition, Adamus manages to pry some additional information from her before you depart.

She reveals the following:

"Darice resents never knowing her father and some say she longingly caresses the trinket he left behind for her."

"Small Otti has a weakness for fine food and drink, and any deal with him is made sweeter if food is involved."

"Some whisper that Tanner is not actually crazy, but no one is brave enough to find out."

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

"I say we start with Darice. I can try to work my charm on her."

Sczarni

HP 51 / AC 19 / CMD 19* / Fort +4, Ref +9, Will+2 (Rogue Acrobat 6)

Haris gives a wile grin as he follows, "You mean like Paracountess Zarta kind of charm?",

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

"Hopefully not."

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Falyf nods, "just try it, I hope I can assist better this time...."

Diplomacy assist 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

Taldor

Following Namia's directions, the group soon finds themselves at the foot of the gangplank to the Ambler, Captain Darice Sumore's ship. You find the captain herself is a surly looking young woman, but if her sea-weathered face were softened, she could be considered pretty. Unfortunately, it is quickly obvious that Darice finds the presence of Pathfinders in Pier’s End revolting, as she outright refuses to allow any Pathfinders on her boat.

"I have no interest in dealing with the likes of you!" She calls from the deck of the ship. "Take your business elsewhere!"

You can attempt diplomacy checks if you wish, or move on.

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Seriously..

After stumbling with his words, he gives up and just leads the group to Small Otti. After some small talk, he will order desserts for the table while trying to negotiate a deal.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"I'm sure we can work out a sweet deal. Maybe not as sweet as this cake, but considerable."

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

- probably move on, or?

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

Yea

Taldor

I'll allow Haris and Nestor to assist with Diplomacy.
Haris 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Nestor 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Small otti is a fat halfling who constantly states that his plump stature helps with buoyancy at sea. Well-groomed and always eating, Small Otti initially offers to ferry your group to Escadar for 55 gold pieces. Luckily Otti has his vices, and cake is the perfect offer. After stuffing himself he leans back and regards your group.

"Ok, you found my Osirian heel." He groans happily. "I'll get you there for 15 gold.. And one more slice of cake to go. Deal?"

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

"I'll even get you two. We got a deal." Adamus shakes the halfling's sugar covered hand.

Taldor

With the deal struck, your party departs Pier's End that afternoon on Small Otti's small boat. The trip takes the rest of the evening and part of the next morning, and you step ashore in Escadar shortly before noon.

Escadar is the war port of Absalom, located on the Isle of Erran north of Kortos. It houses Absalom’s navy and is strategically placed away from Absalom’s treacherous Flotsam Graveyard. Furthermore, those nations intent on blockading Absalom must also deal with Escadar, for word spreads quickly, and Escadar’s armada can come to Absalom’s aid on short order. Along with the primarily military population, Escadar is also home to many gillmen (or Low Azlanti, as they call themselves). These amphibious humanoids have set up an embassy within the town, and it is with this organization the Pathfinder Society plans to trade Azlanti artifacts. Once ashore, you escort Nestor to the embassy and arrange a meeting with the gillmen at a waterside tavern called the Grindylow’s Goblet.

****

Resting precariously over Escadar’s harbor, the Grindylow’s Goblet offers an unequaled view of the water. In the bar’s center, a thick glass aquarium presents a striking display. Within the tank, a coral statue of a goblin with the lower body of an octopus hosts a school of colorful fish that flit about the nooks and crannies of its tentacles.

Two human servers busily provide food and drink to the tavern’s half-dozen patrons, and a striking woman tends the bar.

Haris:
You notice the bartender is a gillman, as her tied-back hair exposes the thick gills on both sides of her neck.

After you have had a chance to settle in and perhaps have a drink or two, the gillman representatives arrives. Smaller and more low-key than your party, the gillman contingent consists of only two Low Azlanti, a man and a muscular woman. The male bears a delicately wrapped bundle of cloth, apparently around the Azlanti relic, while the woman seems to be a bodyguard.

"Well met, Pathfinders." The man carrying the bundle greets you. "I am Shoalo. My companion is Ahrmisa." Shoalo sits at a table and places his package before you, offering the seats opposite him to Nester Rees and one other from your group. Ahrmisa stands behind him, eyeing the rest of the party suspiciously.

Unwrapping the package, you can see a small idol in the form of a copper snake wrapped around a glittering rock

"Now." He says, looking intently at Nestor. "Let us see what you have brought."

Nestor places a small coffer on the table, turns it to face Shoalo, and opens it. The gillman takes a brief look inside, nods to himself, and looks back to Nestor.

Anyone wishing to examine the object, please make an appraise check.

ROLLS:

Perception
Falyf 1d20 ⇒ 9
Adamus 1d20 ⇒ 6
Haris 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

1d20 ⇒ 14

Sczarni

HP 51 / AC 19 / CMD 19* / Fort +4, Ref +9, Will+2 (Rogue Acrobat 6)

Looks like GM rolled Appraise? 17

Haris glances at a distance to glean quick value of both items, though doesn't leave the bartender's side. Taking the chance for preemptive parley that might become useful, Haris throws the bartender a seductive wink. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Taldor

I rolled perception. You roll appraise if you want to examine the artifact.

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Appraise 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Taldor

Nestor looks the item over with Falyf hovering over his shoulder.

"What beautiful craftsmanship!" Says Nestor. "The Society will be very pleased I'm sure."

Falyf:
Looking over Nestor's shoulder, Falyf notices some very odd craftsmanship on the artifact. Though it appears old and weathered, it is actually unnaturally aged. It is a fake, and apparently Nestor has made a big mistake.

DM Roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Falyf looks at the item and whipers to Nestor, "are you sure - look, it seems unnaturally aged. It is unnaturally aged. To me, this is a fake!"

Sczarni

HP 51 / AC 19 / CMD 19* / Fort +4, Ref +9, Will+2 (Rogue Acrobat 6)

Appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Taldor

Haris is unable to confirm Falyf's statement, but Nestor seems to trust his opinion enough to take a closer look. As some grease comes off on his thumb, the gillmen suddenly grab the coffer and stand, their hands gripping their weapons.

From the direction of the bar the sound of a glass breaking is heard. Then the sound of a the bartender incanting a spell.

Initiative Order
Falyf
Curraine
Haris
Shoalo and Ahrmisa
Spellcaster
Adamus

ROLLS:

INITIATIVE
Falyf 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Adamus 1d20 ⇒ 3
Curraine 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Haris 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Shoalo and Ahrmisa 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Spellcaster 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Initiative Order
Falyf
Curraine
Haris
Shoalo and Ahrmisa
Spellcaster
Adamus

Silver Crusade

Male Ulfen Hospitaler 8 HP: 68/68 AC: 22 FF: 22 Touch:10 F: +15 R:+9 W:+15 Init:+0, Perception +0 (Effects:None)

"What is going on here?"

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

With the two in front of him Falyf casts colour spray to get both of them in the area. (WIL save DC 15)

Sczarni

HP 51 / AC 19 / CMD 19* / Fort +4, Ref +9, Will+2 (Rogue Acrobat 6)

Hopefully not glass breaking over Haris's head

Haris's wink had caused an unexpected reaction, Usually, they start chanting in bed - oh well... Using the bar like a gymnast, Haris launches at gillgirl to tackle out the spell. Grapple: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Taldor

Perception roll for Falyf 1d20 ⇒ 14

As Falyf prepares his spell he notices that both gillmen have their eyes shut and averted.

Color spray won't work against blind opponents. I will let you reconsider your action.

Meanwhile, Haris vaults the bar gracefully, but only manages to sweep an armful of mugs and glasses off the counter as the bartender avoids his tackle.

Curraine defers, waiting to see if anyone needs healing.

Sczarni

HP 51 / AC 19 / CMD 19* / Fort +4, Ref +9, Will+2 (Rogue Acrobat 6)

real smooth Haris

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Falyf will turn his eyes the same direction as the gillmen, and squint, so he can barely see, expecting the worst.... (delay)

Taldor

The bartender finishes her spell and a torch near the meeting table bursts in blinding flash. Haris is too far from it to be affected, Falyf's imitation of the other gillmen protects him, and through a chance of fate Adamus flinches at the right moment, also avoiding being blinded. Curraine and Nestor are unfortunately caught in the effect.

As the light fades, the gillmen can be seen trying to moving towards the doors, trying to make their escape with the Society's artifact.

Haris, Adamus, and Falyf are up.

ROLLS:

Reflex Saves
Adamus 1d20 ⇒ 17
Curraine 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nestor 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Grand Lodge

male Human Sorcerer 1 Wizard 1| AC 12 T 11 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +2 R +1 W +1 | Init +5 Perc +5; Darkvision

Now Falyf moves forward into a position to get them in a clolour spray (hope they have their eyes open now)...

151 to 200 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kobash - PFS First Steps Part III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.