Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Kip's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Kip84


201 to 250 of 564 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

Jezebel smiles at the children, noticing that they checked to see who was around before talking, and asks,

"Would you be more comfortable talking in the carriage, where no one can overhear you? We could take a trip around the block if you like."

"What is Auntie like?"

"How does she treat you?"

"Does she do any bad things, or unusual things?"

"What does she do with all of you?"

"Do you know what she does with the donations people give her, stuff like this medicine here?"

Liberty's Edge

male Fighter lvl 1

Ander gives each of the boys a coin. They take the interogation slow giving the boys ample time to answer before asking another question. Anders pays close attention to facial expressions and body language as they answer.

How do you feel about Auntie Baltwin?

why do you feel that way?

How do you like living here?

He will ask any other question that the group can think of along with Jezebel

rolls:

perception 1d2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

diplomacy 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

sense motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

crap perception check, I hope someone else is paying attention to the boys non verbal communication. Someone should go talk to the old man too.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Toshizo smiles and nods comfortingly as they answer, giving reassurance.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

We can question multiple people so all is well

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/2 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:14 Fort: 4 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra remains silent hoping his presence does not make the kids nervous. He keeps an eye out on the area while the party talks with kids.
Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The Exchange

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11 (MA:16/12/14), CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban stayed silent for most of the trip, thinking on Guaril's offer. He listened intently but let the others handle talking to Ollystra.

When they arrive at the estate, he follows them to question the children but remains mostly uninterested. Quickly tiring of standing, he approaches the old man sitting on the porch.

"Would you mind if I sit here?" Azeban asks, gesturing at the empty space on the porch beside the man.

Grand Lodge

F Human Barbarian 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 15 | 11 | 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref + 1 | Will + 1| Init +1 | Perc + 4 | Acro + 2 | Surv + 4 | Know(Nature) + 4 | Great Axe + 5/1d12+6/x3 | CMB + 5

Galia tries to stand as nonchalantly as possible, pretending to ignore the children playing or talking. She keeps a weathered eye on the street and the windows behind the children.

Not exactly soldierly work, but good work, I guess.

I wonder what the deal is with the cats.


Hekra and Galia stay back and keep a look out while Anders, Jezebel and Toshizo question the children.

The boys look a little scared as Jezebel suggests the coach. " No thanks miss. We'd get in trouble. "

The boys take the silver coins from Anders and quickly pocket them. " Auntie Baltwin is ok, " says one kid while the other nods along and then adds " She can get mean and she smells funny but it's better than living on the streets and she did get rid of my cough... " and the first kid pipes up again " Yeah there's food here too. "

When Jezebel asks whether Autie Baltwin does bad things or unusual things the boys shrug " She has lots of cats. Does that count? " and in reply to her question about what Baltwin does with the children they say " Well, some of the other kids have homes to go back to. They come here so Auntie Baltwin can heal them and then they go back home. She gets jobs for the older kids that stay here, I never see 'em with any coins though.

Looking at the medicine they shake their heads. [B]" Ain't ever seen anything like that before? " and " I didn't know she got any donations..."

Azeban wanders up to the old mans porch asking for a seat. The old man nods at a chair next to him and says " The name's Trebb, What's all this then? " he says gesturing at the coach and the group talking to the children.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Jobs? What jobs?

The Exchange

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11 (MA:16/12/14), CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban sits down gratefully in the offered chair. "My name is Azeban. We're here on Ma'am Ollystra Zadrian's request," he explains, "and we're to deliver some medicine to 'Auntie Baltwin'." Azeban gestures at the house across the street.

"But we've to first find out if she would use the aid she would receive properly. Hence why the others are talking to the children." Azeban smiles at Trebb. "I would also be grateful if you could tell me about her."


" Oh, you know the usual types of things. " The eldest boy answers Toshizo " She sends the girls to help merchants wives look after kids, cook and clean and she sends the boys to labouring and stuff. I'll be old enough to work next summer. " He looks less than enthusiastic about that prospect.

Across the road Trebb nods as Azeban speaks " A kind old woman, Lady Baltwin. Does wonders for the kids... wonders. The friendliest neighbour anyone could wish for, we've past many summer evenings drinking tea and playing cards on the portch over there. " he says with a far away look as he recalls some good times. He looks back at Azeban " Say would you like a drink? Lady Baltwin a keg of fine mead from Miltivis at the markets the other day while she was stocking up her own supplies. "

Could you roll me a Diplomacy (gather information) Azeban?

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

"But she keeps all the money you earn?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


The boy shrugs " I think so. I heard her yelling at one of the older kids about how much food costs and stuff. "

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

"Are you certain you have never seen any medicine like this around the house anywhere? Maybe with the sick or injured kids?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

The Exchange

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11 (MA:16/12/14), CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Diplomacy (gather information) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

"That sounds lovely." Azeban smiles. "I would appreciate a drink, but please don't feel you have to."

Liberty's Edge

male Fighter lvl 1

Anders continues to listen as Jezebel continues to question the boys.

perception and sense motive:

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 notice anything about the boys body language, clothing, bruises etc.

sense motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 trying to get a sense of what the boys may not be telling us. Are they afraid of Auntie Baltwin?


The kids shake their heads. " We were pretty sick when we first came, Jax here was coughing so hard that blood was coming from his mouth, but Auntie Baltwin didn't ever give us any medicine. Right Jax? " The other boy speaks up again " Wait, there was that one girl who came in white as a sheet and breathin' real rapid, remember Auntie Baltwin gave her something out of a bottle. With my cough she just used to sit by my bedside and mutter. After a week I was all better. Now I'm lucky if she doesn't yell as soon as she sets eyes on me. " Suddenly there's a commotion from the second level. The boy look at each other and cringe. " Oops we were supposed to clean up there... We'd better go. Thanks for the money mister. " and unless someone grabs them they run up to the house and through the door.

Anders:
They're clothing is definetly not new. It's faded and thin but all the seams are good and any holes are patched. The slightly younger one (Jax) has a bruise on his forearm other than that they have no visible injuries.

You don't think they've been lying, they don't seem to be afraid of Auntie Baltwin until they think they'll be caught shirking on their chores.

Across The Road
Trebb gets up. " Not at all, Azeban, like I said it was a gift from Lady Baltwin for helping her fix her roof a couple of weeks back. " he gets up and heads into the house as he talks and comes back out with two tankards.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

Jezebel leaves the others across the street alone, and wanders to the neighboring houses, gathering whatever information is available relating to Auntie Baldwin.

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Once everyone is done, Jezebel will return and head in to Auntie's to check with her in person once they have all the outside information.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Again the soothing manner of Toshizo works to aid Jez's efforts. He also moves with her, smiling pleasantly and adding his own polite inquiries to hers.

Aid Another
Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Liberty's Edge

male Fighter lvl 1

Anders lets the boys go inside to do thier chores. When Jezebel and Hijikata leave to talk to the neighbors Anders goes to stand by Hekra and Galia. He looks up at the Tiefling Magus.

Hekra, I am not sure what all magi are capable of but have you checked for any traces of magic in the area? Those boys have never seen Auntie Baltwin use the medicine to help the children. From the sound of what they have seen she is using some kind of magic. I am wondering what kind of magic she is using.

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/2 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:14 Fort: 4 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra nods. As he faces the children he starts murming a spell.
Detect Magic

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard
HIJIKATA TOSHIZO wrote:

Again the soothing manner of Toshizo works to aid Jez's efforts. He also moves with her, smiling pleasantly and adding his own polite inquiries to hers.

Aid Another
Diplomacy 1d20 + 9

Brings Jezebels total Gather Information to 26.


Jezebel and Toshizo move on to the house next door and meet Baltwin's neighbours, Mr & Mrs Anthos. They have been watching the goings on at Gilga Baltwins for sometime and have nothing pleasant to say about her operation (apart from the fact that all the cats keep the vermin down). " Sometimes late at night I've seen some pretty crooked looking people visit her door. They have whispered conversations at the door and when they leave they normally take a small box or something. I don't know what she's dealing in but it definitely seems illegal! " Apart from this they talk about the near constant racket the children produce (Quieter thankfully during the day).

Across the street Azeban enjoys a quiet drink with Trebb and takes a trip down his memory lane as he talks of Lady Baltwins prowess at card games in the middle of his ramble he suddenly says " She always wins you know, haha, sometimes I don't half wonder if she cheats. " He smiles. " and one time we were interrupted by a shady sort of fellow who passed her a little bag that could have been money. Never did find out what that was about... " he leaves an awkward silence before adding " But she really is the finest of ladies you know. "


Hekra:
You scan the childrenwith detect magic as they run off into the house. You dont detect any magic auras lingering on these two but as they enter the house you pick up four faint auras. They are all emanating from the one location on the lower floor.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

With all the information from the neighbors, Jezebel checks with the group, and when they are ready, she knocks on the door.

"Delivery for Auntie Baldwin from the Silver Crusade. Is Auntie available?"

The Exchange

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11 (MA:16/12/14), CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban listens intently to Trebb, adding in a comment or two and nodding at the appropriate places. Eventually, he stands.

"Excuse me, I've got to get back to work. It's been pleasant talking with you, Trebb. She really does seem like a fine lady. Thank you for the drink." He smiles before heading to join with the others, informing Jezebel with a summary of what he found when prompted.


male Human(Varisian) Rouge (Swashbuckler) lvl 1 (Perc +3, Init +2, AC15, hp 11/11, )

Anders will follow the others in to meet with Auntie Baltwin.

Grand Lodge

F Human Barbarian 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 15 | 11 | 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref + 1 | Will + 1| Init +1 | Perc + 4 | Acro + 2 | Surv + 4 | Know(Nature) + 4 | Great Axe + 5/1d12+6/x3 | CMB + 5

Galia will follow in, but will stand near the doorway.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

As Toshizo has been following Jez's leads with good effect all day, he follows Jez.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

"I think I have talked my fill for the day, why don't one of you take the lead on the dear Auntie Baldwin? Jezebel asks the group.

Once inside, Jezebel will do her best to assist anyone with a whatever they need.

Aid Other: 1d20 ⇒ 3 Failure.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Greeting Honorable Auntie Baldwin - we bring medicine and suppry to you.

In putting them on the table Toshizo looks around the room.

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Ahhh - my stream of excellent rolls continues I see...


Azeban breaks off his conversation with Trebb. The old man calls out after him " Well, have a good day sir. "

" Ah, come in, come in. Mind you wipe your feet dear. " The old lady who answers the door says the last part seems to be directed particularly at Galia. Auntie Baltwins grey hair is pulled up in a loose bun with wispy bits hanging out. Her face is covered in liver spots and her smile is full of brown teeth and gaps. " Oh the medicine, excellent the sick little dears will be blessed by your generosity. " She says smiling in what she hopes is a sweet manner. Scooping up the package from Toshizo's hand before it touches the surface of the table. " Tell me though, is it usual that the shining crusade sends six people to deliver one package? "

Behind the Gm Screen:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Toshizo:
You notice several things. 1, A almost empty bottle of whiskey sitting on the coffee table through the sitting room door. 2, the blood vessels around her eyes and nose are broken. and 3, her face is covered with a sheen of sweat. Roll a Heal check

Liberty's Edge

male Fighter lvl 1

Mistress Baltwin the Silver Crusade has asked us to make sure that the supplies they have been sending you are being used properly and to see if there is anyway we more effectively help you with the good work you are doing here. Would you mind giving us a tour of your facility and answering a few questions?

diplomacy:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

perception:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

If she agrees he will ask questions about what she does to help the children and start her showing them the building. Trying to get her to open up about the magic she is using. If not he will ask one of the others to try to convince her. looks like I wasn't able to convince her.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Heal1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

It depends on the goods Honorable Aunt - it was on our way and we were eager to help Bluff vs. Auntie1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

The Silver Crusade spoke of this place and your efforts favourabry - can you tell us how you operate? This could read to better patronage and medicines that fit your needs.

Sense Motive1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/2 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:14 Fort: 4 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra follows in the door and leans down to Anders. He whispers There maybe a magic in here Hekra then simply stands back as the others speak.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

Smiling politely, Jezebel simply follows the others' leads. If she takes us on a tour:

Perception (Aiding Hijikata): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Success, +4 to Hajikata Perception if he looks around for medicine

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Nah - just general looking around. Not sure you can aid another for perception unless there is a specific search


" Ah I see, well more donations would be wonderful but I don't won't to disturb the sick children upstairs you see, and don't worry little master, " She says somewhat condescendingly to Anders reaching out in attempt to tustle his hair. " what else would I be using the donated medicine for. The er, bright crusade is very important to what I do here. " Baltwin coughs slightly and then continues. " Why don't you come into the kitchen instead, have a cup of tea and I'll answer all your questions? "

Anders:
You spot an almost empty bottle of whiskey sitting on the coffee table through the sitting room door. You also spot the sly smile that Auntie Baltwin hides with her cough.

Toshizo:
The sheen of sweat and the broken blood vessels are both symptoms of alcoholism. In that train of thought you look for other symptoms and notice her glassy eyes and shaking hands. The hands could be from old age but with all the other symptoms your pretty sure that her drinking isn't just the odd glass after the children are asleep. It's clear to you that Baltwin is stalling to try to stop you from looking around.

Jezebel, You may hold that assist for later if you wish.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Let us go... we follow - Hekra, can you pass message to Azeban?, Tell him 'ShouCha'.

word means 'Search' whether or not Hekra gets the pronounciation right is another matter - lol

Toshizo allows Aunty to lead him to the kitchen.

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/2 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:14 Fort: 4 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra moves to Azeban. Looks at him but in with quiet voice and tells him Toshizo says ShouChaHekra looks confused as the sound comes out of his mouth.

Liberty's Edge

male Fighter lvl 1

Anders ducks away from her attempt to tousel his hair. His jaw hardens briefly in anger at her condesending tone. Alright you old bat. if that is how you want to play things I am willing.

Anders Lags behind Toshizo and Auntie Baltwin for a moment to talk with Hekra.

I think we need to find out what that magic is coming from, and I am very interested in seeing whats on the second floor now that she said she doesn't want us up there. Maybe I am being to suspicious, but I am fairly certain that "auntie" has been drink heavily. he points out the whiskey bottle in the sitting room to the others.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

Nah, I was lucky with my investigating, so I will leave this section to others to solve if there is anything to solve. If anyone is doing well, and just a little off (e.g. get a 19, 14 or 9 on a roll, and Jezebel is present, she will help, otherwise she just smiles and listens. Because Hijikata was the most helpful to her outside, Jezebel will return the favor inside.

Jezebel smiles warmly to the old woman, nodding as she speaks, and sticks close to Hijikata.

If anyone wants my assistance with a roll, feel free to roll it yourself (If you score a 10 or better on an assist other roll from Jezebel, you gain +4 on your own check), just to make it quicker, with GM Kips leave, of course.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Now honourable Aunty - can you tell me of what diseases and sickness you treat children for lately are? What medicine you use?

Hoping to see if I can see if a) she knows what she is doing and b) using the medicines or not. GM can make rolls for me.

Grand Lodge

F Human Barbarian 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 15 | 11 | 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref + 1 | Will + 1| Init +1 | Perc + 4 | Acro + 2 | Surv + 4 | Know(Nature) + 4 | Great Axe + 5/1d12+6/x3 | CMB + 5

Galia will simply avoid going into the kitchen for the group chat, and will attempt to head upstairs as quietly as she can.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

The Exchange

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11 (MA:16/12/14), CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban grins at Hekra and nods discreetly in Toshizo's direction. He casually looks around, as if bored, while he waits for Lady Baltwin to usher them somewhere else.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 17

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/2 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:14 Fort: 4 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra attempts to discern what type of Magic is being used.
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Most of the party follows Auntie Baltwin into the kitchen. A young girl stands at the bench scrubbing some dishes and a boy is on his hands and knees scrubbing the white washed floor. Auntie looks at the boy who is about halfway through his task and says " Good job Adam, that will do for now why don't you run along and play. " The boy looks up his face shows a little confusion as he gets up. He smiles at you and then leaves the way you came in. " Deidre dear, don't bother with those dishes at the moment. Make us all a cup of tea. " Auntie says to the young girl. 

Galia and Azeban hang back while the group enters the kitchen. Once the door closes Galia starts creeping up the stairs. She gets about halfway up concentrating on keeping quiet when she looks over the banister to make sure the door is still shut and accidentally steps on a wooden doll that scraps on the floor boards and then cracks in half loudly. " No playing on the stairs! " comes Baltwins muffled cry from in the kitchen but otherwise nothing happens and Galia makes it up the stairs. Soft coughing comes from some of the rooms up here and perhaps a groan or two. Most doors are closed but more than once Galia has to shush children before they exclaim. It's hard to know what to look for up here most of the rooms are full of simple beds occupied by sick children. At the end of the hall she finds Baltwins room. There's another open bottle of whiskey on the bedside table, the dresser and the cupboard are full cloths ane some simple jewellery and Galia begins to think she won't find anything until she discovers the false bottom in the lowest draw of the dresser. Hidden underneath are several boxes of unopened medicine gathering dust.

Azeban starts looking about in the entry way but his search soon takes him into the sitting room. Three comfy armchairs are arranged around a low coffee table and two china display cabinets sit against the walls. A quick look through the cabinets turns up nothing unusual but checking under the armchairs Azeban finds a fake seam where he finds five leather pouches each full of gold.

Back in the kitchen Auntie Baltwin clears her throat after yelling she doesn't seem to notice that two of you are missing. Deidre is finishes with the tea. Auntie Baltwin reaches into one of the top cupboards and pulls out a half empty bottle of whiskey and drops a slash into her tea. "Anyone else fancy a splash?" She asks before licking her lips and taking a sip. "Now, yes you were asking about the kids. Well they come in with all sorts of things. Flu, Killing cough, The pox. Obviously I need a variety of medicines to deal with these diseases, this one" she holds up the medicine from the silver crusade "is essential in treating Killing cough. I use this and other medicines from various charities to treat the children all the time. Without it I wouldn't be able to manage." As Deidre finishes handing out the tea Auntie Baltwin looks about and finally clicks. " Wait, wasn't there six of you? " she says standing up, her mug clattering to the floor.

Toshizo:
While it seems that Auntie Baltwin knows her stuff about diseases and medicine. You are sure shes lying about how much she needs/uses the medicine.
Hekra:
There are no clues about to hint at what type of magic is being used but if you cast detect magic again... The auras you sensed before are located on Baltwin. From the pocket of her apron emanates four seperate magical auras. Three are of the Conjuration(Healing) sub school and the other is from the illusion school.

Behind The Gm Screen:

G.Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 

A.Bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 
T.Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 
T.Heal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

He outside I think.

Bluff1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/2 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:14 Fort: 4 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra casts again. Cast Detects Magic

Liberty's Edge

male Fighter lvl 1

Anders stopped in front of the doorway when they entered the kitchen. He lets the boy leave the room when Auntie Baltwin tells him he can leave. When they hear the crack from the stair he tenses and sets himself to keep "Auntie" Baltwin from leaving the kitchen and only relaxes when it is clear she is not going to go and investigate.

What do you really use the medicine sent you by the Silver Crusade for Mistress Baltwin? We already know you aren't using it to cure the children that are brought to you. If you had not lied to us just now. I, for one, might have been inclined to help you come to an arrangement with the Silver Crusade that would enable you to continue the good work you have done, that is no longer the case. I suggest you start telling us the truth of what is going on here.

Diplomacy:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

intimidate:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

these dice rolls are killing me:(

201 to 250 of 564 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kip's First Steps: In Service To Lore All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.