Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Kip's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Kip84


51 to 100 of 564 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Where is the crate in the warehouse? We don't have time to spend all day searching for it.


HIJIKATA TOSHIZO wrote:
Anyone with an interest in stopping us get the book? Town Guards?

" I do not think you'll have any trouble with the Watch. The pier is quite long about one hundred feet of so, no one will be able to see what your doing from the wharf proper once your out there and anyway the Watch tend to turn a blind eye around here... Unless something truly serious happens. "

Anders Grimmbraid wrote:
" Where is the crate in the warehouse? We don't have time to spend all day searching for it. "

Guaril smiles at the halfling and runs a hand through his greasy hair. " I don't know exactly. I haven't been inside lately, but it should be the only crate with the crows symbol. It shouldn't take that long to find. "

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Well I suppose we should get going then if you have no more useful information for us.

Anders looked around at the others of the party to see if they had more question or if they were also ready to depart.

by the way you wouldn't happen to have a crowbar to open the crate with would you?

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Good idea, Toshizo says pleasantly. Swords not so good for that

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Galia could probably smash the crate with her axe but that would risk damaging the items inside.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

"Right, if we are going to get this done in time, we should head there now."

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/1 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:9 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

I concur we need to move on this now. Hekra makes a note a out about how to find the box. As he does he chuckles about the Pickled Imp.

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

True enough

Anders nodds farewell to the oily varisian.
Let's be about it then.
Anders turns and makes his way to the exit. This isn't going to be as easy as finding the books and bringing them back. they wouldn't need six heavily armed adventures for something like that. Best keep on my toes. Hopefully it wont take long. The variaians made it seem like he expects the crate to contain valuables other than the books we are to retrieve.I wonder what else is in the crate.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

Jezebel remain quiet, listening quietly to everyone's input until people begin to leave, then she just follows, heading to the warehouse as directed.

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban nods to Guaril and leaves the store with the others, heading to where the warehouse is located.


Anders Grimmbraid wrote:
"by the way you wouldn't happen to have a crowbar to open the crate with would you? "

"Hang on, let me see what I've got out the back. " Guaril emerges again from the door behind the counter and hands Anders a couple of crowbars. "These should do. You can give them back when you bring me the books. " He says with a lopsided grin and a tap on the side of his nose. "Nothing for free you know! " 

He nods back to Anders and Azeban as the groups leaves the store "Good luck! " 

The group heads down to the wharf following Guaril's directions. The docks proper are bustling with activity as sailers unload ships and labourers load the cargo into warehouses. The labourers grunt and swear as they lift heavy crates about, the sailers call out orders to one another punctuated by the ringing of ship bells, all to the gentle background noise of gentle waves lapping against the shore and the cry of seagulls flying above. The smell is unbearable, a mixture of stale sweat, booze and sewerage. 

As you look out across the harbour you can see the lonely pelican warehouse 100ft out at the end of pier seven. Everyone about is so busy with their work that no one pays your group any heed as you walk down the long rickety pier, it's timbers creaking under foot. You finally come to the warehouse. The building sits 15ft above the water and appears to struggle against its own roof, threatening to sag into the bay below. No light shines from the building's windows and only the movement of gulls and pelicans stirs the scene.

<Map>

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban wrinkles his nose but continues on, walking nonchalant to the entrance. He doesn't look down even when the wood gives out a particularly loud creak and barely pauses before trying to enter the warehouse regardless if the others are still following him.

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Anders follows closely behind Azeban. The two crowbars Guaril loaned them in his left hand are heavy and upset his balance. Uncertain of what they will find in the warehouse and not wanting to be unarmed as the go in, Anders draws his dagger, turning it so the blade lies along his forearm concealing the weapon from casual inspection. He would rather have his sword draw and shield ready but can’t do that and carry the crowbars at the same time. The others would probably see this caution as a bit comical, but folk as small as Halflings don’t survive in this world with out taking steps to be ready for anything.

It is really to bad these things are too big for me to swing properly. I should have just let Galia smash the crate open with her ax.

Is it locked? Anders asks as Azeban reaches the warehouse door.


You turn the knob on the heavy wooden door and push but the door won't budge. Theres an old skeleton keyhole under the handle, perhaps it's locked. A small ledge wraps around the warehouse on the western side.

Roll a Perception check and if the result is 25 or higher open the following spoiler.

Perception Check DC 25:
You notice a glint of metal near the door frame, on further inspection you find a key wedged between two worn slats of timber.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

The dubious nature of their quest clearly makes Toshizo nervous and he is constantly looking over his shoulder as if afraid that he is being watched...

He too stops by the door.

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

perception check:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 I am not sure if I did this right. I don't understand all the bonuses/penalties for skill checks yet. no chance of making the check though.

If it is locked we can probably break it open with these crowbars.

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 4

Azeban frowns. "It appears to be locked, yes." He takes a quick glance behind him to see if anyone's noticed them before looking at the surrounding area for another entrance. He spots the ledge but first asks, "Would any of you happen to know how to pick a lock?"

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Not I my friend, says Toshizo anxiously.We use bars, yes?

Grand Lodge

F Human Barbarian 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 15 | 11 | 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref + 1 | Will + 1| Init +1 | Perc + 4 | Acro + 2 | Surv + 4 | Know(Nature) + 4 | Great Axe + 5/1d12+6/x3 | CMB + 5

That perception being impossible for the barbarian

"Perhaps we can use this universal door opener I brought?" Galia asks, thumbing her axe.

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban smiles at the joke but shakes his head. "Maybe as a last resort. We don't want to attract too much attention and leaving obvious traces could prompt an investigation no one wants. We should try for another entrance first."

He gives a quick look at the small ledge before deciding to carefully, but surely, traverse it in search of another entrance.

Any rolls?

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Your thinking about going out on that ledge to look for another entrance aren't you Azeban?

Anders looks at the narrow ledge then up at Azeban.

If you really want to do it that is fine by me. I have some rope in my pack that will make it easier to fish you out of the harbor if you fall, or I could go look for another entrance. I am smaller and a little more agile than you are.

While he is speaking Anders sets down the crowbars and takes off his pack. He sets it at his feet and takes out a coil of rope.

I think it would be a better idea to just pry the door open with a crowbar. No chance of falling in the harbor that way.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"Locked . . . maybe can can sail this little boat over to the loading doors? They might be unlocked."


No check required to walk carefully on the ledge.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

I still think bar is best but if you want... Toshizo says doubtfully.

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban makes an agreeing noise, half-hum, half-murmur. "Would rather not leave any obvious trace. Just hold on, shouldn't take too long."

He starts walking along the ledge.


Azeban walks carefully along the ledge. Getting to the big loading doors he finds there is no handle. An experimental push reveals that the doors move but there is something behind them holding them is place. Probably a beam of timber that might break easily enough and would be easy enough to replace once inside.

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban steadies himself before pushing hard on the doors.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

"Azeban, if you need a hand with the door, just yell!"


Azeban, could you give me a strength check

There is enough room at the door that two people could 'assist' the main pusher

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Strength 1d20 ⇒ 1 Pffft. Super fail.


The doors give a little and you hear the timber creak, maybe if you had a little help.

unlucky

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

"Yes, some help would be appreciated!" Azeban yells, taking a moment to breathe, resting on the door. "Need someone strong to push on this door!"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

Jezebel will venture out onto the small ledge, and work her way towards Azeban.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Strength Check 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

One of you should use the bar and then the other assist them in the pushing... is better than two people try on own

Pick one of you to make the attempt and then someone else to make an aid another roll for an extra +2... then count on whatever circumstance bonus (I think +2) the crow bar gives... I'd also suggest having our barbarian make the attempt rather than our sorcerer but thats just me :)

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

If Azeban can try again, read my Strength check as assisting If he cannot, then I am pushing. Helpful racial trait: Gives +4 to Azeban's attempt.

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban nods a greeting at Jezebel and attempts to push the door open again.

Strength 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Anders watches Azeban carefully walk along the ledge and around the corner.

I thought he would fall.

Anders puts the rope back in his pack and the pack on his back.

so if he gets the door open should we all go in that way? Anders asks Hijikata.

I really would have preffered going in through this way.

Anders waves his hand at the front door.

It would be easier to get out again in a hurry if we need to.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

I am always 'front' door - not always best but always easy. We split group too. He frowns. Split Army is good - split small group not so good


Never thought the sorcerer and a halfling would bust in a door :)  

As Jezebel leans on the lower half of the doors Azeban puts everything he has into snapping the crossbeam of the doors. The timber doors creak and warp before a loud splintering precedes the doors swinging in suddenly. 

Darkness fills the corners of the warehouse, the ambient light from outside blocked by a filthy, oily film on the structure's few windows. Darting illumination comes from light reflecting off the water through a splintered hole in the floor. Throughout the warehouse, crates, boxes, and barrels lean against each other in vaguely sorted stacks along with what looks like coffins stacked against the east wall. A lingering smell indicates some of the contents are certainly spoiled. A crane, used for loading and unloading boats, clings to a rail running the length of the warehouse, hanging 5 feet below the high ceiling.

Enough light shines in through the open doors to see that the crate teetering on splintered timbers over the hole in the floor is marked with the triangular crows symbol.

Everyone near the front door hears the sound of the crossbeam splintering in two.

<Map>

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

your right sticking together is probably the best thing to do. especially since we have no idea what might be waiting for us.

Anders clearly hears the sound of breaking wood.

That sounds like they have managed to do something to the door. We should go see if they got it open.

Anders picks up the crowbars and carefully follows the ledge around to the door. He slips into the warehouse through the open doors and sets the crowbars on the floor.

heh, there is the crate we are looking for right there. I thought it would be harder to find to be honest.

Spoiler:
Anders sheathed his dagger when he got the rope out of his pack and did not redraw it. dumb halfling.

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/1 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:9 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra pull outs his scimitar and moves wit Anders. He listens intently to see if any other noises are about.

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Lucky roll, I guess! And I really like the map! It's amazing.

Azeban coughs, waving a hand in front of his face before taking several shallow breaths. He wrinkles his nose and tries not to take in the off-putting scent. He lets his eyes adjust to the dim light before looking around and catches sight of the marked crate and its precarious position.

"Well. That seems dangerous," he says to Jezebel. "We should let the others in. Maybe one of them can get to the crate." He carefully heads towards where the front entrance is to see if he can open it from the inside.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

Jezebel nods her agreement "We should let them know it is open. I will head .." Jezebel reaches out, attempting to grab Azebans arm before he gets too far into the room and adds, "I think I am a little sneakier than you. How about you keep an eye out, and I will sneak over and unlock the door?"

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Grand Lodge

F Human Barbarian 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 15 | 11 | 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref + 1 | Will + 1| Init +1 | Perc + 4 | Acro + 2 | Surv + 4 | Know(Nature) + 4 | Great Axe + 5/1d12+6/x3 | CMB + 5

Noticing Hekra pulling out his weapon, Galia unslings her axe, a small smile forming on her lips. She is keeping a weathered eye on the pier behind them.

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban pauses and nods at Jezebel. "Alright," he says and walks back to where they entered.

He waits until she's a good distance away before putting a hand up and pointing it in the general direction of the inside of the warehouse. He makes a wandering gesture with the hand and murmurs, "Bù wén bù ruò wén zhī, wén zhī bù ruò jiàn zhī, jiàn zhī bù ruò zhīzhī. . . ."

Cast: Detect Magic

Tien:

(不聞不若聞之,聞之不若見之,見之不若知之. . . .) Not hearing is not as good as hearing, hearing is not as good as seeing, seeing is not as good as mentally knowing. . . .


Behind the Gm screen:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Jezebel crosses the warehouse as quietly as a mouse and unlatches the front door from the inside.
Anders heads around to the loading doors on the ledge and finds Azeban casting a spell and scanning the room.
Azeban:
You don't detect any magical auras.
Henkra and Galia ready their weapons as the front door is opened.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

After Jezebel opens the door, and notices everyone else with their weapons at the ready, she takes a moment to load her pistol before heading back towards Azeban. "We are all in Azeban."

Jezebel takes some time to scan the room, looking for a path into the rafters so she can make her way to the crane, as well as the means of controlling the crane.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Is that boat on the map there? Is its mast short enough to fit under the building?

"Before we go playing on rotting planks with a giant crate, perhaps we should consider finding a way to belay our people, and perhaps we could use that crane?" notes Jezebel, pointing out the crane. "I know Anders has rope. Being a warehouse there may be more in here, but I think we need light first."

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Hmmm... it seem rike idea, he says slowly and somewhat doubtfully. Any other thinkings?


Yes the boat is there and will fit under the warehouse

The crane lift and lowering is operated from a chain and pully system five feet along from the hook itself. Other than that it seems that the crane can be manually dragged east and west along its beam, which in turn runs on beams that run the length of the building on the east and west walls (facilitating north and south movement).

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Anders takes off his pack and retrieves his rope.

How ever we decide to do it we will probably need the rope to retrieve the crate.

Anders leaves his pack sitting with the crowbars near the door. Taking the rope with him he carefully approaches the hole the crate is balanced over. He examines the edge of the hole, and the beams the crate is resting on looking for some clue as to what made the hole and how strong the beams under the crate are.

perception check:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 what do I see any clues?

That crate didn’t end up balance over a hole in the floor by itself. Someone had to put it there for a reason. Could who ever put it there have known someone would come for it? Could this be a trap? Did that slimy Varisian set us up?!

I don’t like the look of this.

51 to 100 of 564 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kip's First Steps: In Service To Lore All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.