Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Kip's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Kip84


1 to 50 of 564 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Fresh of your induction into the Pathfinder Society and after months of training you finally find yourselves in the antechamber of Ambrus Valsins office, the venture captain in charge of the daily operations around the Grand Lodge. " Er, I'm sure the captain will be with you shortly, just chat amongst yourselves while you wait... And don't wander off. " Says the elderly servant who led you all here before he walks out of the room to go about the rest of his duties. The minutes drag on as you wait to be admitted to Ambrus's office and looking around the room you all realise how little time you've had over your training to get to know one other.

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Anders Grimm shrugs his shoulders to settle his studded leather Armor more comfortably and moves to lean against the wall. The diminutive fighter pulls his braided hair over his shoulder and absently fingers the bone beads woven into the braid while he examines the room and the others with curious eyes.

Spoiler:
perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
I am a little unsure about what roll when so if I post the wrong thing let me know.

Most of the people in the room didn’t bother Anders much, they appeared human enough. The other Halfling in the room, an attractive female with oddly colored hair, was interesting. The Tiefling though was a potential threat. Anders surreptitiously attempts to loosen his longsword in its scabbard with his left hand.

Spoiler:
slight of hand 1d10 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4 I am not sure if slight of hand or stealth would be the one to check here. Ignore any rolls I make that I don't need to have made.

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban observes the others, practicing the subtle art of inspecting people without being too apparent or rude. It had the common side-effect of making him self-conscious and he carefully inspects himself. He feels presentable, his robes appropriate, though perhaps too distinctive compared with everyone else especially taking into account his ethnicity. He wore it since he was to be meeting the venture captain after all. Besides, it was just too comfortable to sacrifice and he rather thought he looked good in it, one of the few extravagances he indulged in once he had arrived here.

It was composed of several layers of brown cloth and an intricate lighter brown silk outside covered with metal studs and silver brocade. A more covert outfit with a darker hue was inside, a simple shirt-jacket and pants, all with the numerous pockets he was fond of. His boots matched exceedingly well too.

He takes another surreptitious glance at the others in the room. The quiet seems long and delicate. Azeban shifts from side to side, suddenly unsure of himself.

"Hello," he finally says, the word clear and unaccented, his voice was careful and drawn-out. It's sudden in the silence and Azeban feels the awkwardness of being the first to interrupt it.

Now that he's started, it feels too odd to stop, so he continues, "My name is Azeban." Not the best conversation starter, but enough of one. Should he have introduced himself? He's sure he's seen the others before, had trained with them, but their names failed to appear in his mind and it seemed too impolite to ask them that. Now it seemed to be as impolite to assume they didn't know his name.

He speaks again. "It's a pleasant day."

Grand Lodge

F Human Barbarian 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 15 | 11 | 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref + 1 | Will + 1| Init +1 | Perc + 4 | Acro + 2 | Surv + 4 | Know(Nature) + 4 | Great Axe + 5/1d12+6/x3 | CMB + 5

"You must be the weather man," Galia mutters, barely moving as she slumps against the wall. She appears to be paying attention to no one in particular at this moment.

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/2 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:14 Fort: 4 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra looks around the room without trying to stand out he sees a human dressed in funny robes, and he notices two halflings one male and one female.
“At least they are not alone” Hekra thinks to himself as he goes to staring at the books in the Venture Captains office.
“Hello” Hekra hears and then turns around. To see who spoke noticing the human speaking.
“My name is Azeban” the human continues, "It's a pleasant day."
The air is silent for second, Hekra feeling the awkwardness decides to speak and moves over to Azeban.
“Yes it is, my name is Hekra” as Hekra speaks he sticks his hand out just like his father had taught him.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Toshizo beams, his smile bright and beautiful, albeit a little forced.

Rooks rike is very good day, yes, his Taldan heavily with the accents of Tian Xia, but not unpleasantly so.

You are Azeban, he says carefully, and you are Hekra. He repeats their names carefully, trying to commit them to memory.

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

He turns looking around the room but seems to see nothing disconcerting.

I am Hikikata Toshizo, servant of Shizuru, the Goddess of Sun - she bresses us this day.

He gives every one a respectful bow.

Throwing together a background. Not needed for PFS play but I find them fun. Also don't mind me on the accent... its a bit of fun I am having.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

"Good morning. I am just Jezebel. Nice to meet you all," says the small (even by halfling standards) woman. She wanders around the room, greeting each of you in turn before taking a seat.

"So our first mission! You have to be excited, eh?"

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Perception (Galia's muttering)1d20 ⇒ 20

Azeban clearly hears what Galia said, but politely ignores it as she may not have meant to be heard. He mentally tells himself to find out if 'weather man' meant anything significant. Talden idioms were difficult and sometimes confusing.

The tiefling approaches him and introduces himself, sticking out his hand. Azeban doesn't hesitate and smiles, taking Hekra's hand. He grips it firmly and squeezes a light amount of pressure, shaking it twice as etiquette recommended. "I am pleased to meet you, Hekra."

He lets his eyes meet the tiefling's, short enough to be comfortable but not long enough to be awkward. An unusual race, a fiend, but Azeban knows enough not to judge, having grown up surrounded by the threat of monsters. Interesting, however.

His hand releases Hekra's and he respectfully looks at Toshizo as he introduces himself. Another Tien, Azeban has noticed him before due to their common background, at the very least in the back of his mind. When the man bows, he bows back respectfully and sincerely.

He responds to him by saying, "Hěn gāo xīng rèn shí nǐ," and so as not to be impolite to the others, translates what he said. "It is nice to meet you."

Tien:
(很高兴认识你) Nice to meet you.

He greets Jezebel afterwards when she approaches him. When she sits and asks the question, Azeban responds.

"I must admit that I am nervous."

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Anders has failed to notice anything that is not obvious about his surroundings or the other players. lol

Anders responds to the Halfling woman’s greeting with a smile and a slight nod but does not speak. He maintains his relaxed posture leaning against the wall. His right hand occupied with the beads in his braided hair. He makes careful note of the names of everyone in the room.

The Halfling girl is Jezebel, the Tiefling says his name is Hekra, and the two human men are Hikikata, and Azeban. Need to remember their names we may be working together for awhile. Most people don’t like it when you forget their names.

He turns his eyes toward the human woman with the great ax.

And what is your name I wonder?

Busy examining the other people in the room; Anders forgets that he has not introduced himself.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)
Azeban Guitou wrote:


He responds to him by saying, "Hěn gāo xīng rèn shí nǐ," and so as not to be impolite to the others, translates what he said. "It is nice to meet you."

[Tien]
(很高兴认识你)
[/Tien]

Toshizo grins. His reply is stilted and in a older, more formal style of Tien.

Wo Ye GaoXing RenShi Ni. Ee, NanYi Xiang Peng Shang Yi Wei TianXia Ren. QingWen, Nin LaoXiang Zai NaLi

Tien

Spoiler:

我也高興認識您. 哦,難以想我會碰上一位'天下'人。 請問,您老鄉在哪裏?

-Never learned to type with the tones... I just bash the Pinyin into a text editor and pick out the characters I need. How did you manage the tones? For that matter, how did you manage the 'language' instead of 'spoiler'?

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/2 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:14 Fort: 4 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra moves to side and takes in the rest room. Three humans, two halflings and himself. "Typical" he thinks to himself " Once again odd man out as Father would say" He makes the mental note about each person's name. "Anyone else excited to be here?Hekra asks to the room.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

Jezebel smiles, enjoying the din of conversation in many languages around her. Almost like being home again in the Varisian circus. She carefully, almost reverently, pulls her pistol from her belt before unpacking the gun smithing kit. Opening the small wooden box, she carefully she lies out the components of the kit, and strips down her pistol, cleaning and lubricating each part in turn before reassembling the weapon. Once done, she fastidiously repacks the kit, and places the small wooden box back in the bottom of her pack. With her gear once again stowed, Jezebel begins polishing her weapon with a scrap of oiled cloth while she waits for the Venture Captain to arrive.

Appearance:
Height: 2'8"
Small for a halfling, this diminutive woman has sparkling blue eyes, and black hair highlighted in lilac. She is wearing a plain drab grey woolen bodice over a simple white cotton chemise. On the left breast of the bodice is embroidered a small songbird with a long multi colored tail. Scuffed and worn black boots, a calf length grey woolen skirt, and great cloak lined in deep scarlet complete the ensemble. Her wide brimmed grey hat is laid casually on the bench beside her.

Jezebel's small silver pistol's barrel is wrapped in a delicate filigree of tangled vines and small rose. The handle is a deep red stained and polished rosewood, engraved to match the barrels filigree.

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/1 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:9 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra hears the sound of the gun being cleaned by the female halfling. Being curious about the her activity, he watches her intently wondering what a wonderful weapon Jezebel must have.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

A noble weapon... its care does you much credit, Toshizo notes approvingly.

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/1 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:9 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Helkra finds a spot to sit down, as he does he pulls out his spell book. The book is old and worn on the outside, the pages are newer on the inside. As Hekra places his hand on the book he remembers his home in Maginmar, wishing for the comfort of his family. So anyone here miss home ? He says absent mindlessly.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Toshizo gives Hekra something of a surprised look but says nothing.

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1
Quote:
As Hekra places his hand on the book he remembers his home in Maginmar, wishing for the comfort of his family. So anyone here miss home ? He says absent mindlessly.

Anders shifts his gaze to the now seated Tiefling.

Odd, I would not have marked one of his kind as sentimental.

Everyday Hekra, But I at least, have nought left but the road before me.

Anders straightens from his place against the wall and moves a little closer to Hekra. He gestures at the book in the Tieflings hand.

Are you and arcanist then?

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

"My parents abandoned my home so long ago I can barely remember the plains. I spent my entire life traveling in the Varisian Circus, and for the last year, I have been living in Shelyn's temple. So I am afraid I don't really have a home to miss. I do miss my parents and the chaplain of the temple though."

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban grins back easily, matching Toshizo's expression and replies. "I am from Shenmen myself. And you?"

He hears Hekra's question but chooses not to respond as it was addressed generally. He does not miss his home, but he does miss his brother. He listens with interest to Jezebel's answer, however, also surreptitiously taking note of her weapon.

He takes another wide look at the room and notices the human woman and the male halfling have yet to introduce themselves.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Hwaangot but heritage is that of Minkai

He seats himself and settles in to wait for the Venture Captain

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/1 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:9 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra looks at Anders.
"Yes I am. The man who found me and raised taught me. The woman who raised me as well taught me this"Hekra pulls out his scimitar to show Anders.
Looking at Jezebel Hekra says"My parents abandoned me too on the steps of the Library in Magninmar, I was raised my human father and my elven mother there.I hope the Chaplain was as good to you as my parents were to me."
Hekra puts his blade away and continues study his spellbook.


At this moment the door from Ambrus's office opens into the antechamber. <Ambrus> stands in the doorway. A tall human with a black mohawk and neatly trimmed mutton chops. " Ah the new recruits. " he says with a smile. " Come in and take a seat. " he turns back into the office and leads you all in. His office is spacious, animal rugs are spread out over the stone floor. Sunlight streams into the room through a large window flanked by bookshelves, beneath the window is a sitting area, a low table surrounded by eight comfortable looking reading chairs. On the other side of the room is a writing desk, map cases stacked carefully at one end, quills, ink and parchment neatly laid out at the other. Ambrus gestures to the chairs and waits for everyone to be seated before he continues. " Right then, listen up. I know, like all new recruits, your probably eager to get out there and make a name for yourselves but first we have to make sure your up to snuff! You see every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or snivelling bootlicker willing to do anything it takes to join the pathfinders. Most of them are good kids, but it's not just anyone who can make it in a world like this. It's tough out there and I'm not just talking about the wilderness or ruins that pathfinders find themselves in during their missions. We have enemies, agents that want to take everything we've collected. It's this wealth of knowledge and these items of lore that make us the most powerful organisation in Golarion and that can make being a pathfinder very dangerous... So I've got a few small assignments for your team and it would be best if you could finish them today. This mission will have you meet some important people to the society living here in Absalom, other Venture Captains and close allies of our organisation so follow their orders as if they were mine. " Ambrus picks an envelope up from the low table and holds it out for someone to take. " Here are all the details, including Names of contacts and directions to the places they can be found. There's no particular order of importance for these tasks just make sure they are done as quickly as possible. " 

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Toshizo bows respectfully and then reaches out for the paper.


As soon as Hijikata takes the envelope from Ambrus's hand he says " Right then, you have a full day ahead and so do I! Good luck! " He stands and moves over to his desk pulling a map from one of the cases he sits and begins to study it. It seems he expects you to find your own way from here.

In the Envelope  
<List of assignments>
<Directions>
The Pathfinder Lodge is located in the foreign quarter of Absalom feel free to use the map under the 'Directions' link to plan your mission.

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban acknowledges the dismissal and stands to leave. He notices that the venture captain is distracted with something else and has the sudden urge to steal something, but ignores it.

He exits the room and waits in the antechamber for the others, wondering what assignments they have to fulfill.

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Anders follows Azeban out of the venture captain’s office into the antechamber. He plucks the envelope out of hijikata's hands as he walks past, before he has a chance to resist.

Well let’s see what they want of us. he says as he opens the envelope and lays its contents out on the rooms small table where everyone can see.

They look like simple errands. I am not to keen on having to visit some Chelish witch though. Should we all go together or divide the tasks among ourselves? They didn’t say to stay together and we may be able to finish faster if we do.

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/1 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:9 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra takes the envelope from Ambrus's hand. He bows and then leaves the office space before opening up the envelope.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half elf Barbarian 1

Galia sighs and says, "Will you guys quit playing grabby with the envelope and share the wonderful news of what we're being tasked with? The sun marches towards zenith and I haven't eaten. Let's figure out what wonderful tasks we've been entrusted with and get moving so that I can get something to eat."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

"Before you tear it up squabbling over the note, would one of you be so kind as to read the tasks to us?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Toshizo laughes

We are creary eager to get about it - very well. Prease, read it.

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

We are to do a favor for a man named Guaril Karela, who runs a curio shop in the Docks called the Pickled Imp, Supposedly something to do with a set of rare books.

We are to go visit Ollysta Zadrian at the Temple of the Shining Star in the Ascendant Court. She needs someone to deliver a parcel of medicine and curatives to a needy orphanage and verify the character of the recipient.

We are to Visit the offices of Dremdhet Salhar in the Wise Quarter and pick up an official charter giving the Society permission to delve the Salhar ancestral vaults beneath Sothis. He has made a verbal agreement, and your visit makes it official. We are to receive the charter and detailed maps and avoid embarrassing the Society.

Last we are to visit the Chelish Paracountess Zarta Dralneen at her estate in the Ivy District and retrieve an item loaned her by the Society. There is a map of the city here as well.

Anders looked around at the others.

What should we start with? Should we stick together or split up?

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

"Splitting up would be faster," Azeban says, after listening to Anders read the tasks aloud, "but they might be expecting all of us. It would be better to stick together especially in visiting Sir Salhar. I would prefer to visit him first, out of courtesy, but Sir Valsin did say there's no particular order, just that we do them quickly."

He pauses to think. "Heading to either the Docks or the Ascendant Court first would be alright, then continuing on to whichever is nearest."

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/1 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:9 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

After pausing outside the door he stops and listens for minute.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

"Well, my pony is tethered outside I am going to go check on him. I will be mounted and ready when you are all set."

Swinging her pack back up onto her back, Jezebel double checks that everything is correctly stowed, latched, and tied before heading out the door.

Jezebel does NOT travel with a loaded gun. I know a lot of people assume that a weapon is ready to go, but Jezebel's weapon is not.

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

You have a point Azeban. They may expect us to stay together, though I think I would prefer to wait outside when we have to call on the Chelish.

Anders looks at the map and notes the different districts they will have to visit.

Going to the dock first might be a good idea. The other districts we need to visit are all on the north side of the city away from the harbor. Hiring a carriage would be the fastest way to get around. I am too short to keep up with the rest of you walking. What do you think Hekra? Hijikata? As he says this Anders collects his belongings and makes ready to leave.

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/1 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:9 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

I think your right Anders. Your idea has merit and if they wanted us to prove ourselves by on our own. They would not of had us together
Hekra readies his stuff as he waits for his group.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

We are to Pathfinders... if this is so, they want us to be group and work together.

If you want use callige, we use callige... we do in order top to bottom.

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban nods. "Alright, that sounds like a good plan. We should inform Jezebel."

He collects his backpack and wears it over his robes. He frowns, thinking it looks somewhat odd, but leaves for outside where Jezebel is waiting.

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

What about you, woman with the big ax, Are you agreeable to this plan?

Anders shoulders his pack and shield and prepares to follow Azeban from the room.

By the way, I don’t think you have told us what to call you yet. Do you have a name or something you would prefer us to call you?

He stands waiting for a reply. His pack and light shield slung across his back. Halfling sized longsword and dagger hanging at his waist.

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/1 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:9 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra digs in bag for the appropriate coin, for the carriage. He waits until all of the group is moving out the door.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Wizard

Meanwhile, outside, Jezebel will hail a carriage, and call back through the door to alert her comrades when such a vehicle becomes available.

Grand Lodge

F Human Barbarian 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 15 | 11 | 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref + 1 | Will + 1| Init +1 | Perc + 4 | Acro + 2 | Surv + 4 | Know(Nature) + 4 | Great Axe + 5/1d12+6/x3 | CMB + 5

"Some call me Galia," the barbarian says to Anders, slinging her axe for travel and heading out the door. "I don't care care much for the order we accomplish these tasks, only that we get to moving.".

It is good to be back into some sort of work, even if it is for child-like errands.

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Anders follows the others out into the street in front of the pathfinders society’s grand lodge. On the way he folds the map of the city and the list of tasks and places them in his belt pouch. He looks around hoping to spot one of the carriages for hire to drive them to the docks.

dice roll:
I am not sure what dificulty class would go with this action. Being only a little over 3 feet tall would probably make it more difficult for Anders than if would be for a medium sized character. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

the tasks dodn’t seem too difficult. Not much more than simple errands really. Can’t say I like the idea of vsiting some Chelish witch though.


Outside the Grand Lodge Jezebel checks on her pony, she manages to wave down a Axe-Beak drawn coach but once everyone else gets outside its clear that one coach will not be big enough to take all of you even with Jezebel taking her pony. Anders is quick to flag down another coach though jumping onto the stone stair rail of the lodge to get above the crowd. 

The coaches speed you through the city and the bustling streets of the foreign quarter give way to the more seedy docks area. Grubby sailers and burly dock workers walk down the streets along with the odd harlot standing on the street corner. The coaches pull up in front of shabby looking shop, the faded sign above the door holds the image of an imp squashed into a jar and read 'The Pickled Imp'. The coach drivers don't offer to wait as you hop out and they're quick to move on once everyone is clear. You get the impression this is not a nice part of the city.

As you enter through the door a small bell tinkles above you. The shelves inside are cluttered with all sorts of odd and ends. The most prominent shelf above the counter holds glass jars full of creatures or pieces of creatures bobbing in liquid. In the centre of the macabre line up is a tiny fetal devil.

A greasy haired <Varisian> with a thin moustache steps in from the back room in response to the bell. " Ah yes, I see the Pathfinders have arrived. I'm glad Ambrus was able to lend a few of his new recruits to help me. Please come in and let me tell you what I need. " he cranes his neck looking about the cluttered shop to make sure there isn't any other customers hiding down the knock off Thuvian burial urn isle of browsing near the supposed Azlanti porcelain. When he's sure there's no one else here he starts again keeping his voice low and conspiratorial. " Well met. I am Guaril Karela. I've asked Amrus for your help because... Well you see a friend of mine has a warehouse near here and he received a parcel on behalf of me and some of my associates, but there's a problem. See, Master Gelbane had to leave town in a hurry and our shipment is still waiting at his warehouse. Rumor is he ended up in trouble with the law and the place was seized. I heard tell from someone down at the docks that some creep was snooping around his warehouse just the other night, so I want to make sure nothing of mine was taken. He keeps all kinds of things, from beer to nails, in that old pelican, but every now and then he stores something really special. This is one of those cases. " 

" There's a big crate marked with three crows arranged in a triangle. Inside that crate is a smaller container with a few books and papers in it. That's the only parcel I'm interested in, and as far as I'm concerned, you can help yourself to the rest of the crate. Honestly, anything else you want in the place too. I'm sure the once things get sorted out, the city will seize most everything else anyway. " 

" My associates and I often work with the Pathfinders when it comes to special relics and documents, getting them in and out of ports and across borders where the authorities ask too many questions. Most people don't realize what they have and frankly many don't deserve to have it, so sometimes we help take the goods off their hands. If things work out well and you get this done, I'd be glad to talk with you more and help you out with any future endeavors, as long as you help me out too. I'm good at returning favors, trust me. " 

Sczarni

Male Tian-Shu Human Sorcerer (Rakshasa) 3
Quick Reference:
[ HP 23/23 | AC 13/12/11, CMD 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2; Perception +6 ]

Azeban listens with an interested ear, feeling excitement. He recognizes the valuable opportunity being given and leans forward.

"Well met," he murmurs back, taking charge of the situation. It was important to establish a relationship with Guaril and the first step was in him recognizing him. "I am Azeban Guitou. We gladly accept this task and endeavor to accomplish it as soon as possible. Where might we find Master Gelbane's warehouse?"

Silver Crusade

Male Tiefling Magus/1 AC:15,Touch: 12, Flat Footed:13 HP:9 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 3 Init + 6 BAB: 0 CMD: 12 CMB:1

Hekra listens intently and makes some notes about the intructions given to the group.

Andoran

male Fighter lvl 1

Amazing! there actually is a pickled imp.

Anders shakes his head at the sight of the pickled devil and turns his attention back to the discussion.

Azeban seems to have things in hand. I will let him deal with Master Karela. These tasks are begining to look more difficult than they first seemed. I hope we won't have to search the entire warehouse to find this crate. I hope we don't have to kill or injure any of the city guard to acomplish our task. we don't need the kind of trouble that would bring.

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

It sounds not entirery honourable... and maybe a rittle, how you say? 'Shady'? but I have heard such is rife of Pathfinder. Very well, as Azeban says, we accept task and return with book.


Guaril looks all innocent and hurt at Hijikata's comment" I don't have any idea what your talking about... " he pauses and then grins widely " Ha haa! Now the warehouse is right at the end of pier seven. It won't be hard to find, just head down to the wharf and count them off from the west towards the east. Is there anything else you need to know? " 

Grand Lodge

Init + 2/AC16/Touch12/Flatfoot14/CMD 14||HP 20/[20]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+5 ;Wil+1|Percept +5/Sense Motive +9 CMB +4 (+4 bonus on saves made vs bard perform, sonic, and lang - dependent effects) +2 Saves vs Divination Magic. Perform 7/[9] Male Angel Blooded Scion of Humanity Aasimar / Tien Background Bard 2 (Favoured)

Anyone with an interest in stopping us get the book? Town Guards?

1 to 50 of 564 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kip's First Steps: In Service To Lore All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.