Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Kiora's Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Kiora Atua

Chosen heroes have arrived in Kenabres at the dawn of the Fifth Crusade. Will they be the ones to end a century long war?

Battlemap


12,151 to 12,200 of 12,219 << first < prev | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | next > last >>

Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

Xanderghul shakes his hands around festively, exclaiming in a flat voice, "Yaaaay, we did it."

"Can we escape now? Do we have a plan beyond 'run real fast and fight real hard'?"

Spellcraft (DC 17): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Spellcraft (DC 17): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Xanderghul pockets the potion of invisibility and suggests we feed both new healing potions to Variska. We should also take the time to heal up our own melees with wands.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / TaS 1 Half-Elven Ran 6/War 2/Fig 8 (VMC) HP (89/109) MP 2/5 LP 2/2 AM 3/3
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 24/14/21/26 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/10/11 | Init +03
Skills:
+17: K(Planes), 15: Perception +13: P(Soldier), Survival; +12: K(Dun, Nat, Rel), A(Poetry); +7: Acrobatics, Spellcraft; +6: Heal, Stealth, Swim, Climb; +5: Diplomacy, Ride; +4: HA; +2: K(Nob)

Ary watches the roof carefully as everything shudders, watching for structural... problems. There was that time where bad things happened regarding a lot of rocks. They fell. People died. But once the majority of it was over, she nodded.

"That was sort of my plan, Xander. Except the running part. Running gets you killed in combat. Better to traipse, really." she responds, dryly. "Val's also in a bad spot, so we definitely need to get everyone up and running. she pauses to look to Xander, expecting an eyebrow wag at her word choice. "But we need to get our stuff, first. Are we going to try to go all the way back up and deal with the swarming Hobgoblins, or are we gonna try one of the other exits we saw? If the Polar Bears will let us out, we might be able to find a way through there, and there was that weird pulley system we passed at the door that likely lead somewhere, as well."


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 8/Hierophant 1 | HP 108/108 (81/100) | AC 21, T 13, FF 19 | Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +13 | CMD 19 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +6 | Perception +16 | MP 1/5 | Place Magic 1/5

Seemingly unfazed by the horn's rather dramatic destruction, Ehren wordlessly turns his hand over, unceremoniously dumping the pile of dust onto the cold ground. Invigorated by the rush of power he just felt flow through him, he shudders involuntarily and lets out a sigh of contentment. He looks back to Hinagiku, gauging her reaction, looking for some kind of assurance that the Green's will had been done. One more smile is flashed at her before the druid refocuses on the matter at hand. His job here was done, but there was so much more work to be done. So, so much.

"I believe I can get us past the polar bears, but if the wikkawaks have given up on forcing their way here through the way we took, I imagine that the cavern's exit is the next place they would try. But escape may or may not be our best option," Ehren says, looking to Isilme. "Either way, I should get word out back to Mantarin. I could send another animal messenger, assuming they've received the first by now, or head there myself."


Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

Xanderghul raises a finger. "We should cut the head off of this woman," he says. "I believe I've heard enough of their language by now to have figured it out, so I think I could perhaps cow them with the head of their dead leader. We could even try claiming ownership over the tribe."

"I'm not sure on the status of the demons outside... we might have need of the army to take care of Jorsal."


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 8/Hierophant 1 | HP 108/108 (81/100) | AC 21, T 13, FF 19 | Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +13 | CMD 19 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +6 | Perception +16 | MP 1/5 | Place Magic 1/5

Ehren looks down at Ugmitok's corpse and grimaces. He felt neither pity nor remorse for the dead druid, but hacking off her head still struck him as an unnecessarily grisly prospect. Not that the idea didn't have merit. Manipulating the tribe seemed a less credible idea back when they didn't know anything about its culture, but they had learned much since entering the castle.

"If we take that route, then evoking an image of the wendigo might help get the point across," Ehren suggests with some reluctance, knowing that it was a gamble either way. "That is, if you still have any magic left to pull it off."


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 7/Warlord 1/Bard (VMC)/Champion 1 | HP: 63/101 | AC: 25, Touch 19, Flat-Footed 18 | CMD: 29 | Fort: +10, Reflex +12, Will: +6 | Init: +7 | Perception: +12, Darkvision 60 ft. | Panache: 2/4, Charmed Life: 4/4, Performance: 9/12, MP: 3/5

Val collects the few daggers she has left after Ehren's rather impressive display of magic. "I've been in worse shape before," she says. "Let's just focus on getting out of here before their army gets back. If we're not ready by the time they get here, we're dead no matter how much you patch me up." She taps her lip, clearly thinking about something. "It's almost a pity that there's nothing left of the horn. Showing off how we overpowered their god would make an even better display than showing off their leader's head."


WotR Global Buffs: nuthin here

"Ugh, thanks," Variska says as she quickly downs the two potions. She paces over to the archway that divides the two rooms, scowling at the enchanted hailstones on the floor. She crosses her arms. "Welp. There's a whole lot of loot over there. But also there's probably a whole army of bugbears coming to try and eat us. But then again there's a bunch of loot over there. F%~&. Wish I could turn into a godsdamned owl."

Ayavah walks over to Valaria and places a hand gingerly on her shoulder. "No, I think they're right...maybe we can take a break really quick and get you patched up?"

So let's see. Xanderghul suggests attempting to take leadership over the tribe of wikkawaks. Ehren brings up that an illusion could help sway the tribe. Anyone like that idea? If not, how do you want to try and escape? Through the polar bear cave, or the way you came?

2 Potions of CMW on Variska: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13

Book keeping: Placing Ary's bow on Variska. The potion of invisibility on Xanderghul. Variska is consuming the two potions of CMW, and heals for 13 HP. She is still in critical condition.


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 7/Warlord 1/Bard (VMC)/Champion 1 | HP: 63/101 | AC: 25, Touch 19, Flat-Footed 18 | CMD: 29 | Fort: +10, Reflex +12, Will: +6 | Init: +7 | Perception: +12, Darkvision 60 ft. | Panache: 2/4, Charmed Life: 4/4, Performance: 9/12, MP: 3/5

Val looks back at the sorceress and reluctantly nods. "It you think I'm going to slow you down." Val finds a piece of rubble to sit heavily on. "I've got a bag of holding with plenty of room left. If anyone wants to take the treasure, feel free to start stuffing anything shiny into the bag."


Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

You need to roll 2 more d8s for that healing.


WotR Global Buffs: nuthin here

Thanks! Whoops :) 21 HP total. She is wounded.

"Ooooh. Okay. That's useful. Well, the problem is those spiky stones are in the way," replies Variska.

2d8 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 8/Hierophant 1 | HP 108/108 (81/100) | AC 21, T 13, FF 19 | Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +13 | CMD 19 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +6 | Perception +16 | MP 1/5 | Place Magic 1/5

"The spell should wear off soon. I think," Ehren remarks, only now seeming to realize that he had been standing in a rather hazardous spot just moments before. "Lingering for too long is a risk, but if there is anything among Ugmitok's treasures that might be of use to us, then it would be remiss to leave it behind. That, and well... I hate to say it, but we're short on gold."


Female Aasimar(Azata-blooded) Bard 8/VMC Magus THP 0 HP 84/84 | Init +5 Percpt +24 | SR 13/Evil; AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +6 Ref +14 Will +8 (+4 vs Lang Dep & Sonic) 0/5 AP 6/22 PR 1/1 MPR 0/5 MP
Abilities:
BoD 0/1, Lore 0/1, Inspired 0/1, glitterdust 0/1, exp. retreat 0/1 Bard 1st (1/5) 2nd (1/5) 3rd (0/3) Ring: SI
Skills:
Acro. +15, Bluff +20, Dipl. +26, Disg. +20, K(Hist/Trained/Any) +11/+10/+6, Ling. +12, P(Oratory/Act/Sing,Wind/Dance) +24/+20/+19/+17, Ride +5, S. Motive +24, Spellcraft +13, Stealth +15, UMD +16

I generally agree with trying to get the tribe to go back out and fight more. Obviously long-term leadership of a bunch of cannibals isn't going to work out, but convincing them to go out to fight more, especially with an illusion, would make life easier for our incoming army.

"The trick, of course, is to get over there to get the items. I suspect doing so would be worthwhile. Perhaps we could attempt to go through these walls somehow?" Isilme looks over the walls separating the rooms as she mulls over the situation as a whole.

What is the separating wall made of and how thick is it?

"As far as the big picture," she says, "Attempting to contact Irabeth would be good, although she likely has already left. We will also need a chance to assess what has happened up top before we do so, obviously. Otherwise I agree with Xanderghul, attempting to cow or convince the wikkawaks to keep fighting would be ideal. Using the image of the wendigo and Ugmitok's head would certainly get the point across. Perhaps we could combine it with the illusions we used earlier?"

When Ehren points out that the combination of spells impeding them will be wearing off shortly, she laughs. "Or waiting would certainly be easier than going through a wall."

Somehow, despite the army outside, Isilme felt free to laugh at the situation. Things were significantly less dire now without the threat of a Wendigo looming over the group. They had bested the crone and she felt confident of their abilities to take control of the situation from here on in, despite the dangers that still faced them.


WotR Global Buffs: nuthin here

So Isilme, Xanderghul and (maybe?) Ehren in favor of trying to to manipulate the bugbears... any other thoughts?

The wall dividing the two rooms is 8 feet thick and made of solid ice.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
-+1 AC per adjacent foe-- Init: +4 | HP 128/130 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 23, Touch 22, Flat-footed 19 | CMD 28 (30vs trip) | Fort +13, Ref +14, Will +15,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Perception +17 | Redirection 3/4, DC 17 rflx | Channel 3/6, DC 13 will | Ki 4/6 | Mythic 0/5 | Smite 0/2 | Dancing lights 3/3

Hinagiku stares at the horn until it fully turns into ashes. Then with a voice slightly trembling with emotion she whispers to Erhen:
"thank you.... Thank you.... Thankyou

On the last iteration she lifts her gaze back onto Ehren, her eyes more expressive than he's ever seen them, thanking him. As he prepares to turn around, the monk takes a step forward, arms slightly as if to hug him. However, she changes her mind as the Druid starts speaking about their plan. Apparently non plus see by her failed attempt, she quickly readjust and joins the conversation

"I am not sure about taking control, but we still need to save the prisoners, or at the very least see whether the wendigo's infu,ence is still strong in them.... Sending them to fight Jordan's force would probably be best."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / TaS 1 Half-Elven Ran 6/War 2/Fig 8 (VMC) HP (89/109) MP 2/5 LP 2/2 AM 3/3
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 24/14/21/26 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/10/11 | Init +03
Skills:
+17: K(Planes), 15: Perception +13: P(Soldier), Survival; +12: K(Dun, Nat, Rel), A(Poetry); +7: Acrobatics, Spellcraft; +6: Heal, Stealth, Swim, Climb; +5: Diplomacy, Ride; +4: HA; +2: K(Nob)

"Yeah. We're going to wait for it to go away. Even if I didn't want to make sure every piece of stolen equipment and every bit of loot went to use for us, I'm not leaving Radiance behind. I support trying to get the bad guys out of the fort to fight or... pillage more. If we can pull that off, we can likely get a lot of the prisoners out behind them, if we have the resources, or we could attempt to hold off til help arrives like we'd planned. We'd have a bit of a lead if we went the other way... we'd have to contend with the bad guys on our way up otherwise." Ary says as she fiddles in her bags, remembering she had something that might be of use to Variska. She pulls out the darkwood buckler they'd received before. "This might help to keep you safe." she adds, as she takes out the last cure light wounds potion she has, and locks it into place in her wrist sheathe.


Female Aasimar(Azata-blooded) Bard 8/VMC Magus THP 0 HP 84/84 | Init +5 Percpt +24 | SR 13/Evil; AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +6 Ref +14 Will +8 (+4 vs Lang Dep & Sonic) 0/5 AP 6/22 PR 1/1 MPR 0/5 MP
Abilities:
BoD 0/1, Lore 0/1, Inspired 0/1, glitterdust 0/1, exp. retreat 0/1 Bard 1st (1/5) 2nd (1/5) 3rd (0/3) Ring: SI
Skills:
Acro. +15, Bluff +20, Dipl. +26, Disg. +20, K(Hist/Trained/Any) +11/+10/+6, Ling. +12, P(Oratory/Act/Sing,Wind/Dance) +24/+20/+19/+17, Ride +5, S. Motive +24, Spellcraft +13, Stealth +15, UMD +16

As Isilme rummages around in her pack, the tinkling of glass can be heard. Walking over to Ary she begins pulling out scores of potion vials. "Here Ary, keep these in your bag. We have quite a few extra potions left for healing that I managed to acquire during the battle of Silvershore, along with many longstrider potions. They might come in handy if we need to flee here in a hurry." She also produces several wands and pitches them into Ary's bag as well.

"We will need to keep the prisoners sequestered until the army arrives. If any of them are suffering from the effects of wendigo psychosis, they will likely need Sosiel's help. Also if Jorsal's army happens to have left, I believe we should attempt to guide the wikkawaks to attack the entry canyon to the worldwound near the Ahari bridge. We know there are cultist forces fortifying there. It would likely tax the wikkawaks greatly, and weaken the cultists holed up there as well."

Gave Ary 5 CMW and 13 CLW potions, plus the other stuff mentioned in discussion


Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / TaS 1 Half-Elven Ran 6/War 2/Fig 8 (VMC) HP (89/109) MP 2/5 LP 2/2 AM 3/3
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 24/14/21/26 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/10/11 | Init +03
Skills:
+17: K(Planes), 15: Perception +13: P(Soldier), Survival; +12: K(Dun, Nat, Rel), A(Poetry); +7: Acrobatics, Spellcraft; +6: Heal, Stealth, Swim, Climb; +5: Diplomacy, Ride; +4: HA; +2: K(Nob)

Ary pauses, blinking slightly as Isilme dumps the potions into the bag. Her fingers drum on her knee as she exchanges the cure light wounds potions she'd just spring-loaded with a cure moderate wounds potion. She raises a finger as if to speak, then shakes her head, carefully packing all of the potions away inside, followed by adjusting the wands to be less awful to try to grab at random.

"Apparently, we're a lot less low on resources than I thought." she adds to the conversation.


Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

Xanderghul blinks as well, having been completely unaware of the dozens of healing potions that Isilme had kept sequestered away. "Is there some reason that we're not drinking those..?" he ventures.


Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / TaS 1 Half-Elven Ran 6/War 2/Fig 8 (VMC) HP (89/109) MP 2/5 LP 2/2 AM 3/3
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 24/14/21/26 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/10/11 | Init +03
Skills:
+17: K(Planes), 15: Perception +13: P(Soldier), Survival; +12: K(Dun, Nat, Rel), A(Poetry); +7: Acrobatics, Spellcraft; +6: Heal, Stealth, Swim, Climb; +5: Diplomacy, Ride; +4: HA; +2: K(Nob)

"Better to use the magic sticks, since some of us can't use those, I'd hazard. The less good ones, at least. The ones like the one I put in my wrist sheathe are much better for emergencies than those." Ary offers. "I'm not against drinking a few, though, while we wait for the hailstones of doom to go away, though."


Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

Okay, cause we have ~60 hp to cure on Valaria, ~60 health to cure on Ary, ~50 health to cure on Hinagiku and ~60 health to cure on Variska, and any number of enemies to get through after we do so. Can we please heal our frontliners? We could drink all of those potions and still have health to heal.

Also, GM, looking at the HP tracker - can you update my HP to my full total? I do not have any CON reduction and have not in a long time. My header HP is correct.


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 7/Warlord 1/Bard (VMC)/Champion 1 | HP: 63/101 | AC: 25, Touch 19, Flat-Footed 18 | CMD: 29 | Fort: +10, Reflex +12, Will: +6 | Init: +7 | Perception: +12, Darkvision 60 ft. | Panache: 2/4, Charmed Life: 4/4, Performance: 9/12, MP: 3/5

One of Val's eyebrows pops up when Isilme reveals the sheer size of her potion store, but she doesn't say anything about it for the moment. "I'm all for pointing the bugbears at the demons and letting them tear each other apart. Anything to get them away from here without having to try fighting them all. Hopefully the army can get here safely after that."


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 8/Hierophant 1 | HP 108/108 (81/100) | AC 21, T 13, FF 19 | Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +13 | CMD 19 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +6 | Perception +16 | MP 1/5 | Place Magic 1/5

When the topic of healing is brought up, Ehren looks to everyone, frowning at the severity of their injuries. Their group's foray into the castle had proven to be quite the gauntlet. He reaches for his healing wand and takes it out, giving it a cursory inspection.

"Mine is running low on power, but Hinagiku and Isilme still have theirs," he says, turning it over in his hands. "I'd might as well use the rest, just in case."

I'll do the rolls later since I have to run out of the house soon, but probably gonna end up burning off the rest of the wand's 12 charges.


WotR Global Buffs: nuthin here

I have fixed the HP in the campaign tab for you, Xanderghul, thanks for letting me know.

The heroes wait a few moments for the magical hailstones to vanish. Variska is the first in the room - there are four large chests brimming with coins and valuables. Her eyes light up as she starts rummaging through the nearest chest. "Alright. So, equal shares, yeah?"

Ayavah frowns. "I don't think we have time to sit and count treasure, honestly."

It would take 20 rounds to individually assess the contents of each chest. It would take 8 rounds to just dump them all into a bag of holding (its roughly 200 lbs of stuff). A DC 20 appraise check as a FRA will zero in on the most valuable thing in the horde.

Round 205

If you guys wanna expend healing resources someone's gonna have to roll for it.


Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

Appraise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Xanderghul meanders into the room with the rest of the group. "You're getting paid, Variska, that's for sure. But Ayavah's right, we'll have to wait until later to divide it all up. We have enough room to carry all this?"


Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / TaS 1 Half-Elven Ran 6/War 2/Fig 8 (VMC) HP (89/109) MP 2/5 LP 2/2 AM 3/3
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 24/14/21/26 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/10/11 | Init +03
Skills:
+17: K(Planes), 15: Perception +13: P(Soldier), Survival; +12: K(Dun, Nat, Rel), A(Poetry); +7: Acrobatics, Spellcraft; +6: Heal, Stealth, Swim, Climb; +5: Diplomacy, Ride; +4: HA; +2: K(Nob)

I vote trying to maintain all of the wands as at least functional, so not just burning Ehren's out. I'm honestly fine with drinking every cure light wounds potion we have, save maybe keeping one on each person that doesn't have a wand as a 'just in case'. Any objections to that?

"Always. Val and I both have bags, and anything sharp and pointy can be put to use, probably. We should be mindful of any traps; I doubt they'll have trapped their own horde, but... they seem the spiteful type."


WotR Global Buffs: nuthin here

Xanderghul zeroes in on a small cloth satchel near the top of one of the chests - it's marked with two characters in Tien - 復元 - which Xanderghul doesn't know, but the arcane symbols embroidered around it look familiar... opening it he finds a full 1,000 gp in diamond dust.

Tien:

"Restoration"

Round 206


Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

Xanderghul nods. "I already have potions, so get drinkin'." He picks up the cloth satchel, opening it. "Hey, look!" he exclaims. "Soul food."

He tucks it away. "I wonder why diamonds are so important like that... damn. Anyway, here goes. Variska, help me." He grabs Valaria and Ary's bags of holding and begins to dump treasure.


Living Steel Female InE 1 / SYF 1 / TaS 1 Half-Elven Ran 6/War 2/Fig 8 (VMC) HP (89/109) MP 2/5 LP 2/2 AM 3/3
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 24/14/21/26 | Fort/Ref/Will +10/10/11 | Init +03
Skills:
+17: K(Planes), 15: Perception +13: P(Soldier), Survival; +12: K(Dun, Nat, Rel), A(Poetry); +7: Acrobatics, Spellcraft; +6: Heal, Stealth, Swim, Climb; +5: Diplomacy, Ride; +4: HA; +2: K(Nob)

Ary passes out ten of the cure light wounds potions, leaving a little in storage, and giving more to Variska and Valaria when it becomes apparent that some of their potions are faulty compared to others.

That leaves us with three cure light wounds potions from Isilme's stash... I think. I didn't double check the loot list. I figure we can use some wands for the rest of it, to try to maintain some semblance of healy ability. She'll make sure that Val and Variska both have another cure light wounds potion in case they need it, but suggest they don't drink it just yet.

Healing Ary: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 6) + 2 = 16
Healing Hina: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 7) + 2 = 17
Healing Val: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 3 = 12
Healing Var: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) + 3 = 9


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 7/Warlord 1/Bard (VMC)/Champion 1 | HP: 63/101 | AC: 25, Touch 19, Flat-Footed 18 | CMD: 29 | Fort: +10, Reflex +12, Will: +6 | Init: +7 | Perception: +12, Darkvision 60 ft. | Panache: 2/4, Charmed Life: 4/4, Performance: 9/12, MP: 3/5

Val takes the offered potions and drinks them without a word, letting the healing mixture close some of her wounds and feeling her muscles loosening up a little as the pain dulls. "Thanks," she says, rolling her shoulders. She then goes to help loot the horde.


Female Aasimar(Azata-blooded) Bard 8/VMC Magus THP 0 HP 84/84 | Init +5 Percpt +24 | SR 13/Evil; AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +6 Ref +14 Will +8 (+4 vs Lang Dep & Sonic) 0/5 AP 6/22 PR 1/1 MPR 0/5 MP
Abilities:
BoD 0/1, Lore 0/1, Inspired 0/1, glitterdust 0/1, exp. retreat 0/1 Bard 1st (1/5) 2nd (1/5) 3rd (0/3) Ring: SI
Skills:
Acro. +15, Bluff +20, Dipl. +26, Disg. +20, K(Hist/Trained/Any) +11/+10/+6, Ling. +12, P(Oratory/Act/Sing,Wind/Dance) +24/+20/+19/+17, Ride +5, S. Motive +24, Spellcraft +13, Stealth +15, UMD +16

Isilme laughs at the incredulous look on the others as she hands over all the potions. "We netted quite a bit in Silvershore, I felt it important to bring it along. I had not realized you had all forgotten about them, however."

"I can certainly aid using my wand as well, give me a moment," she says, digging out her wand.

Taking care of healing

CLW Wand (Isilme): 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 7, 3) + 3 = 16 hp to Val

Rolling for Ehren's as well, since he's out
CLW Wand (Ehren): 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6, 8) + 3 = 21 hp to Val
CLW Wand (Ehren): 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 4) + 2 = 14 hp to Val
Val is down 68 - 12 - 16 - 21 -14 = 5 hp

Now Hinagiku
CLW Wand (Ehren's): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW Wand (Isilme): 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 6, 1) + 3 = 18
CLW Wand (Ehren): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 hp to Val
49 hp to Hinagiku leaves her down 3

Now Ary
CLW Wand (Ehren): 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 7) + 2 = 13
CLW Wand (Isilme): 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 7, 2) + 3 = 19

32 to Ary leaves her down 20

9 rounds used, 9 charges total from both Isilme and Ehren.
Will stop for a second to make sure everything adds up properly


WotR Global Buffs: nuthin here

Valaria and Variska work together to empty the contents of all of the chests into her bag of holding. They find only two things that would be hazardous to deposit into the bag... a masterwork handaxe and a masterwork longsword.

Book keeping: Xanderghul picks up 1,000 gp in diamond dust. Valaria is carrying all the lootz which is of unknown value at the moment. Much healz happens for 1 minute. Valaria is at 96 HP and healthy. Hinagiku is at 115 HP and healthy. Ary is at 75 HP and healthy. Variska is at 32 HP and wounded.

Round 214!


Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 8/Hierophant 1 | HP 108/108 (81/100) | AC 21, T 13, FF 19 | Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +13 | CMD 19 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +6 | Perception +16 | MP 1/5 | Place Magic 1/5

Thanks for rolling for me, Isilme. :)

"Now that that's taken care of..." Ehren starts, slipping his nearly depleted wand back into his belt. "How do we want to present ourselves?"


Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

"I don't think we should make an illusory wendigo," says Xanderghul. "If I remember correctly, Ugmitok said something about waiting until nightfall to summon it. I think I should make an illusory horn for someone to hold, and then pretend to be their herald as they proclaim ownership over the tribe."


Female Aasimar(Azata-blooded) Bard 8/VMC Magus THP 0 HP 84/84 | Init +5 Percpt +24 | SR 13/Evil; AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +6 Ref +14 Will +8 (+4 vs Lang Dep & Sonic) 0/5 AP 6/22 PR 1/1 MPR 0/5 MP
Abilities:
BoD 0/1, Lore 0/1, Inspired 0/1, glitterdust 0/1, exp. retreat 0/1 Bard 1st (1/5) 2nd (1/5) 3rd (0/3) Ring: SI
Skills:
Acro. +15, Bluff +20, Dipl. +26, Disg. +20, K(Hist/Trained/Any) +11/+10/+6, Ling. +12, P(Oratory/Act/Sing,Wind/Dance) +24/+20/+19/+17, Ride +5, S. Motive +24, Spellcraft +13, Stealth +15, UMD +16

"With an illusion of the ghostly crone from earlier and perhaps a new 'wikkawak' with the horn, we should be able to pull it off."

Somehow, though she no longer had truespeech, part of her remembered that feeling. It was that part of her that was responsible for her recalling various languages quickly with only minimal exposure. In this case the wikkawaks using Aklo had awoken an understanding of the language within her. Thinking such an ability might be of use here, she speaks up. "I think I can mimic the Aklo the wikkawaks were using well enough to aid our ruse. Perhaps if we could have someone 'translate' it to goblin for them as well? I am uncertain how many of them will speak Aklo."


Female Aasimar(Azata-blooded) Bard 8/VMC Magus THP 0 HP 84/84 | Init +5 Percpt +24 | SR 13/Evil; AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +6 Ref +14 Will +8 (+4 vs Lang Dep & Sonic) 0/5 AP 6/22 PR 1/1 MPR 0/5 MP
Abilities:
BoD 0/1, Lore 0/1, Inspired 0/1, glitterdust 0/1, exp. retreat 0/1 Bard 1st (1/5) 2nd (1/5) 3rd (0/3) Ring: SI
Skills:
Acro. +15, Bluff +20, Dipl. +26, Disg. +20, K(Hist/Trained/Any) +11/+10/+6, Ling. +12, P(Oratory/Act/Sing,Wind/Dance) +24/+20/+19/+17, Ride +5, S. Motive +24, Spellcraft +13, Stealth +15, UMD +16

Do we want to spend another three rounds healing up Variska and anyone else who needs it? That'd be another 6d8+6 healing between Ehren and I


Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

Xanderghul nods, saying, "That's what I've been saying. I've heard enough of their language that I think I can do a pretty good job talking to them now. My question is... why do we need an illusory wikkawak or a ghostly wikkawak crone in order to pull it off? And why are you calling it a ruse?"

He wrinkles his nose. "It's not a ruse. We're literally the strongest. We're taking control. I'm not trying to suggest that we pretend to be someone else, or to have done something that we did not do, except maybe that we still have the horn. I'm trying to suggest that we walk up there with Ugmitok's head and say, 'who wants to mess with us?'"

While he talks, he pours the water out of his canteen and walks over to Ugmitok's body. He pulls out a dagger, jabs it in her lower side and then props her up, letting the blood dribble into the canteen.


Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 7/Warlord 1/Bard (VMC)/Champion 1 | HP: 63/101 | AC: 25, Touch 19, Flat-Footed 18 | CMD: 29 | Fort: +10, Reflex +12, Will: +6 | Init: +7 | Perception: +12, Darkvision 60 ft. | Panache: 2/4, Charmed Life: 4/4, Performance: 9/12, MP: 3/5

"They might be more accepting of the claim if it came from another wikkawak, especially if they hate other races that much. But if anyone saw through the illusion, I have a feeling they would believe the entire thing is a ruse rather than just the crone. Risk and reward. I personally prefer to keep lies simple so they're harder to suss out, but we've pulled off some truly unbelievable stories before and gotten away with it. Either way, it really just comes down to scaring them into either obeying or fleeing by showing off how we crushed their leader under our heels."


Female Aasimar(Azata-blooded) Bard 8/VMC Magus THP 0 HP 84/84 | Init +5 Percpt +24 | SR 13/Evil; AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +6 Ref +14 Will +8 (+4 vs Lang Dep & Sonic) 0/5 AP 6/22 PR 1/1 MPR 0/5 MP
Abilities:
BoD 0/1, Lore 0/1, Inspired 0/1, glitterdust 0/1, exp. retreat 0/1 Bard 1st (1/5) 2nd (1/5) 3rd (0/3) Ring: SI
Skills:
Acro. +15, Bluff +20, Dipl. +26, Disg. +20, K(Hist/Trained/Any) +11/+10/+6, Ling. +12, P(Oratory/Act/Sing,Wind/Dance) +24/+20/+19/+17, Ride +5, S. Motive +24, Spellcraft +13, Stealth +15, UMD +16

"As long as they wind up hobbling Jorsal and the cultists, I do not care either way. I believe Val is right, however. I think they will be less likely to believe the crone is dead if it is merely humanoids. We are food to them, after all. Why would they accept that food would be able to best Ugmitok?"


Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

Xanderghul squints, filling his canteen up with Ugmitok's blood. "Because we show them her head."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 7/Warlord 1/Bard (VMC)/Champion 1 | HP: 63/101 | AC: 25, Touch 19, Flat-Footed 18 | CMD: 29 | Fort: +10, Reflex +12, Will: +6 | Init: +7 | Perception: +12, Darkvision 60 ft. | Panache: 2/4, Charmed Life: 4/4, Performance: 9/12, MP: 3/5

"We technically have a lot of heads. We can show off the heads of all of their leaders if we collect them on the way back through."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
-+1 AC per adjacent foe-- Init: +4 | HP 128/130 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 23, Touch 22, Flat-footed 19 | CMD 28 (30vs trip) | Fort +13, Ref +14, Will +15,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Perception +17 | Redirection 3/4, DC 17 rflx | Channel 3/6, DC 13 will | Ki 4/6 | Mythic 0/5 | Smite 0/2 | Dancing lights 3/3

Once the stone spikes return to their original harmless shape, Hinagiku moves towards the middle of the room to retrieve her wand. Without a word, because to honest she did not really understand the subtleties of the plans being discussed, she starts healing Variska. Every so often she stops to drink potions handed to her by Ary or to thank Isilme and Ehren for using their wand.

clw x4: 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 1) + 4 = 15

Once done, she catches a glimpse of Xanderghul stealing blood from the crone. However, she waits patiently until the plans are set before walking to the wizards side and broaching the subject:
"So... mr. Xanderghul, I'll be paying you a visit next time we are resting? " she says, pointing at his canteen. And, somewhere within her mind, her kitsune nature adds: Didn't think you would miss our conversation this much.


WotR Global Buffs: nuthin here

Book keeping: Hinagiku uses 4 charges of her wand of CLW to heal Variska for 15 HP. She is now grazed.

Looks like you guys are in agreement on what to do next. Only one detail before we move on...

"Thanks," Variska nods to Hinagiku with a smile. She listens to the heroes deliberate on what to do next, then walks with them back to the first room littered with wikkawak corpses. "Well... here's hoping we don't get mobbed by bugbears. So... we chopping her head off, or what?" She draws her sword and prods Ugmitok's corpse, raising an eyebrow as she notices Xanderghul draining her jugular, but she doesn't comment on it.

If someone tells Variska 'yes', then she will cut off her head.


Female Aasimar(Azata-blooded) Bard 8/VMC Magus THP 0 HP 84/84 | Init +5 Percpt +24 | SR 13/Evil; AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +6 Ref +14 Will +8 (+4 vs Lang Dep & Sonic) 0/5 AP 6/22 PR 1/1 MPR 0/5 MP
Abilities:
BoD 0/1, Lore 0/1, Inspired 0/1, glitterdust 0/1, exp. retreat 0/1 Bard 1st (1/5) 2nd (1/5) 3rd (0/3) Ring: SI
Skills:
Acro. +15, Bluff +20, Dipl. +26, Disg. +20, K(Hist/Trained/Any) +11/+10/+6, Ling. +12, P(Oratory/Act/Sing,Wind/Dance) +24/+20/+19/+17, Ride +5, S. Motive +24, Spellcraft +13, Stealth +15, UMD +16

"Go ahead Variska. Xanderghul, let me know how you want to play this then, I will follow your lead." Isilme was skeptical about openly presenting themselves to the wikkawaks, but she was confident in the group's ability to handle the situation. Hopefully the wikkawak army would not be waiting up top for them already, or worse still Jorsal's army...

Just as a note, I suspect diplomacy is not going to work for this at all. Intimidate is going to be essential to getting the wikkawaks to fall in line and follow orders when presenting the head of their former leader.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

Xanderghul shrugs. He chips away some ice with his dagger before using it to wipe his canteen clean and putting the cap on it. "I don't have any playing cards, if you were looking for entertainment. I can make illusions of Isilme doing stupid stuff if it'll make you laugh and if you'd like."

At Isilme's word, he nods. "You got it. We'll see what happens."

"Worst-case scenario... we all die."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Kellid) Menhir Savant 8/Hierophant 1 | HP 108/108 (81/100) | AC 21, T 13, FF 19 | Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +13 | CMD 19 | Resist Acid 10 | SR 13 (evil outsiders), 17 (demons) | Init +6 | Perception +16 | MP 1/5 | Place Magic 1/5

"I don't know. I can think of worse scenarios," Ehren remarks, otherwise ignoring what Xanderghul is doing. Another heated moral discussion was something they didn't need right now. Conveniently,
this also spared him from watching Ugmitok have her head lopped off.
"Let's do ourselves a favor and not venture toward any of them."


WotR Global Buffs: nuthin here

"Alright, this is gonna be kinda gross, so stand back. Then again, maybe being covered in even more blood would be helpful for us, given the circumstances," Variska remarks, before drawing her blade back to hack at Ugmitok's neck.... it takes two blows to cut all the way through, spraying herself with gore in the process. Though Variska doesn't seem to mind, Ayavah grimaces and turns away.

Once the heroes have wrapped up in the wikkawak's grisly temple, they head back out through the ice caves the way they came. They pass by the polar bear den, but, smelling Ugmitok's scent on them the bears keep their distance, though they stay on alert. As the group moves by quickly, they relax and resume relaxing in the sunlight.

The icy stairs transition back to worked stone, and soon the heroes find themselves in the cellar beneath the lower castle once again. They can hear the sounds of numerous footsteps, and angry voices in Goblin above. Clearly, there is a large crowd waiting for them.

"Well... I guess my job is to carry the head. You guys do what you do," Variska says, clutching Ugmitok's head by her long hair.

The heroes emerge from the secret passage into the Lower Castle, which is simply packed full of angry, armed wikkawaks. The only thing that keeps them from immediately attacking the heroes on sight is the sight of Ugmitok's head... but even that probably won't hold them back for long....

I moved the scene forwards because I'm working another very, very long shift today, and probably won't be available until closer to midnight. If you still had things you wanted to do in this room - or on the way to the surface - speak up in a spoiler labeled "Earlier" or something similar and I will adjust for those happenings. You can assume you can hear the rabblerabble of the wikkawaks before you reach the surface - seeing them should not be a surprise. I have purposely delayed the wikkawaks reacting to your heroes so that you can make preparations before presenting yourselves to them (casting illusions, whatever) - simply say what you want to do.

Otherwise, I'm off tomorrow, so I'll be available to resolve your posts late tonight or all day tomorrow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar(Azata-blooded) Bard 8/VMC Magus THP 0 HP 84/84 | Init +5 Percpt +24 | SR 13/Evil; AC 23/15/19 CMD 21 CMB +6 | Fort +6 Ref +14 Will +8 (+4 vs Lang Dep & Sonic) 0/5 AP 6/22 PR 1/1 MPR 0/5 MP
Abilities:
BoD 0/1, Lore 0/1, Inspired 0/1, glitterdust 0/1, exp. retreat 0/1 Bard 1st (1/5) 2nd (1/5) 3rd (0/3) Ring: SI
Skills:
Acro. +15, Bluff +20, Dipl. +26, Disg. +20, K(Hist/Trained/Any) +11/+10/+6, Ling. +12, P(Oratory/Act/Sing,Wind/Dance) +24/+20/+19/+17, Ride +5, S. Motive +24, Spellcraft +13, Stealth +15, UMD +16

The situation they had walked into was certainly dangerous, Isilme thought as they came into view of the army of wikkawaks. Ironically, given the host of cannibalistic goblins before them, also a delicate one. No doubt there were many among the tribe who would jump at a chance to take control in Ugmitok's absence, and at least a few would like their odds against the heroes ahead of them.

The first thing that had to be done then was to determine who was most likely to assume the mantle of leader with Ugmitok gone. Confronting that wikkawak directly and either cowing or killing him outright would likely aid in getting their point across. This, of course, was Isilme's specialty. This situation was no different than telling the story to the crowd of crusaders assembled outside Ghalcor's tower after they had defeated the demons there. Read the crowd, tweak the story to suit their mood and play to their desires. In this case, however, the story wasn't a variation on "the crusaders are great and there is hope for our victory". Instead it was more along the lines of "Your leader and tribe have been crushed by those before you. Do what they say or face the consequences."

Both stories relied on some measure of outright fabrication and twisting of truths. In reality Ghalcor had been driven mad, and while the weapon proved useful once, it was unclear if it would in the long run. The tale served its purpose however. In fact, that had been at the core of Isilme's argument with Nurah about the nature of storytelling. Here, while it was true that the army would arrive and likely slaughter the wikkawaks, it was unlikely the heroes would live to tell the tale if they were trapped and had to fight their way out. The wikkawaks, however, did not know they had expended most of their resources in getting to and felling Ugmitok. In fact to them the heroes should look no worse for the wear, thanks to the healing magic they had available from potions and wands.

Looking over the crowd, Isilme looks at each of the small subgroups of wikkawaks, studying the interactions between their members. Angry quarelling, glares back and forth, posture and body language were all important indicators and told a story of the dynamics of the force assembled before her. Most important, however, were their eyes. From stolen glances a clearer picture could be formed, especially the wikkwaks those assembled before the heroes turned their attention to after sizing up the heroes. These were the likely candidates for leaders, and the numbers of tribemembers looking to each one was an indication of their stature and the kind of respect they commanded within the group.

Perception: 1d20 + 24 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 24 - 2 = 32
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 24 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 24 - 2 = 41

After taking in the scene, Isilme relays the information to the group, specifically to Val who was likely the best choice for stepping into a leadership role here. While Xanderghul had developed the plan, if it came to a one-on-one confrontation Valaria could likely kill flat-out any of the assembled wikkawaks. In describing the situation she takes care to use both message to keep their conversation covert, relaying the description in Abyssal for additional protection and flavor, should any of the wikkawaks recognize or understand the language.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Shabti Wizard (Sin Specialist) 7/Cyphermage 1/Archmage 1 | hp 69/78 (healthy), AC 16, touch 13, ff 14, CMD 17 | Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +9 (+2 vs. confusion, insanity) | Init +3, Perc +12, darkvision 60ft, (mythic power 1/5)

The usage of my spell is with the understanding that it is not visible that I am concentrating on a spell, and that it does not interfere with any of my actions as long as I don't need to take a standard action.

While on the way, Xanderghul casts his focused silent image, creating the image of the horn before it was destroyed. The illusion expands, and he gives it a looping strap that loops around Valaria. As they walk about among the bugbears, Xanderghul continues to concentrate on the illusion, keeping a close eye on the horn and letting it move with her.

When they arrive before the assembled warriors waiting for them, all he really has to say is, "Huh. Right. Okay."

He nods his head at Variska. "Variska, hold the head up.", he murmurs. "By the hair, like the grisly trophy it is." As he talks, a wide and savage smile spreads across his face, and he strides to the front of the group. He gestures grandly at the group behind him, clears his throat, and bellows a greeting in Goblin.

"A haaraac duun o Zal'dagaal Al'dakagaal, tar or Arlekhuush, daan haakhaan tekaan dager A magaan ogaar muul, ac daan khraalkhaan kuur or den sharaan!"

Goblin:
"I present to you Valaria Alazario, slayer of Ugmitok, the greatest single warrior I have ever known, and the newest lord of this castle!"

He shows his teeth as he waits a moment. Then, he speaks again. "O khruul magaan a shakaan ac a shuulaan: toker khruul duun maar haakhaar taac, or ol'daan dalaan a rharthaan duun or khraan duun muukhaan dhuur a haakaar draar dac daan okaan taan hegaan o."

Goblin:
"You now have a chance and a choice: submit now to her greater strength, or else take a blade to your neck to hope for a gentler death than the one she gives you."

He then turns the floor over to Valaria, translating everything she says into Goblin.

Aid Intimidate: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 Great!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Pitborn) Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 7/Warlord 1/Bard (VMC)/Champion 1 | HP: 63/101 | AC: 25, Touch 19, Flat-Footed 18 | CMD: 29 | Fort: +10, Reflex +12, Will: +6 | Init: +7 | Perception: +12, Darkvision 60 ft. | Panache: 2/4, Charmed Life: 4/4, Performance: 9/12, MP: 3/5

Val stops momentarily as they pass through the room where they fought the other leaders and has their heads removed as well. All the better to make an impression. "I hope you can translate, because I don't speak a word of goblin and I'm willing to bet most of them don't speak a word of common," she mutters as they make their way back up to the surface. "Otherwise this is going to be a really short speech followed by a very unfortunate fight." She takes a deep breath as they emerge before the gathered crowd of wikkawaks and forces her whole body to relax. "Make this look convincing," she silently reminds herself. "Act like you're so far above them that they're just bugs to you. Act like father did when he talked about poor people."

She turns and snatches the head from Variska's hands, holding it high above her head. "Nal il at nozg'l pul ugh am nushul," she snarls in gutteral Abyssal. She tosses the head on the ground at her feet and stomps one of her heavy boots down on it. "Ab nal il at ni il gu ri. Ai krug dutur ra duzg ab atirbum net kim ra hot. Nerb pambi okhusha uti ugh i il. Durushdi i ashi hul. Ab I ank glizg." She kicks the head aside like trash then raises the image of the horn. "Ni nuri ugh am bhig il glil ra nuri. Ab ni kril ugh am bhig il ra kril. Ata nu bu glizg dil dushishi ra skishum hat nush am nurul pugumb al nishul gu ra ral." She lets the horn drop and spits in the direction of the severed head. "Dezg I ank glizg harbuzg rusha. Nishdi nu dil gu ra skishum not kurb ashish ra lakhol nu kugrasha pug shushi gu nal nori. Ab ni nushum ugh am otulul not di gil ish pushul kim ashul gu thrili. Glil, nu hat shushi? Ab nu hat sheshushi?

Abyssal:
"This is all that's left of your priestess."

"And this is all she is to me. A head beneath my boot and another skull for my wall. Just like every one of you is. Because you are weak. And I am not."

"The voice of your god is now my voice. And the howl of your god is my howl. Any who do not bow before my power will join your precious leaders as trophies to my might."

"But I am not without mercy. Those who bow to my power shall feast upon my rivals who foolishly laid siege to this place. And the slaughter of our enemies shall be told in legends for ages to come. Now, who will serve? And who will suffer?"

Intimidate (Heroism): 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 4 = 30


1 person marked this as a favorite.
-+1 AC per adjacent foe-- Init: +4 | HP 128/130 (10 shawl), Con 14 | AC 23, Touch 22, Flat-footed 19 | CMD 28 (30vs trip) | Fort +13, Ref +14, Will +15,+2 vs enchant and death | Evasion | Perception +17 | Redirection 3/4, DC 17 rflx | Channel 3/6, DC 13 will | Ki 4/6 | Mythic 0/5 | Smite 0/2 | Dancing lights 3/3

Earlier with Xanderghul
Hinagiku catches glimpse of Ehren's reaction to her breaching the subject of the blood, and truthfully, she didn't need anyone to tell her that now was not a good time for such a conversation, so she simply utters a few closing words:
"I'll bring the cards then."

Now
Listening to Valaria, Hinagiku cannot help but find the language awfully fitting with the message. The woman's speech is so convincing that the monk starts having doubt about the plan, it now all felt somewhat wrong. They weren't suppose to be the ones who slayed large group of people or enslaved them... and the wikkawaks were people... just highly misguided. If only there was more time... some hope... some way to reach them all. But sending them to their doom? Still didn't seem right.

Still, Hinagiku knew that right now, what they needed was to show strenght in order to survive, so she stands straight, menacing even, and starts fiddling with her kyogetsu shoge. As she does, she also watches over the crowd, hoping to help Isilme root out individuals who might prove to be reticent to their coming into power.

intimidate aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
perception aid: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

12,151 to 12,200 of 12,219 << first < prev | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kiora's Wrath of the Righteous All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.