GM Ken's Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master Ken Marable


151 to 200 of 254 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | (CMD 16) F+2 | R+7 | W+4 | Ini+ 4 | Per +5 | Harrow Points 2

Weyland nods to the ladies' and approaches the doors.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 2

As the others move into the next room, Bellis takes a look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Bellis primarily notices a locked cabinet in the upper workroom.

Also, on the table (that the wicked halfling likely was sitting at with the candle when you arrived) is carved crude pictures that you might guess are stick figure children in a large vat crying for help (misspelled) as well as a taller stick figure getting bit on the posterior by some sort of dog while two final stick figures laugh.

Other than that, the room reeks of rotting fish and other chum.

----------------

There is no activity at the other doors as the others approach them.


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | (CMD 16) F+2 | R+7 | W+4 | Ini+ 4 | Per +5 | Harrow Points 2

As he reaches the doors, Weyland turns back to Samantha and Bellis to ensure they are ready for him to open the door.


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 2

Bellis hefts her crossbow and nods. "Go ahead."


Female,;HP17/17, Perception +5, Init +3 Alchemist 2.; bombs 6/6 ; extracts l1:3 unprepared

Samantha nods afirmativly


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | (CMD 16) F+2 | R+7 | W+4 | Ini+ 4 | Per +5 | Harrow Points 2

Once more, Weyland kicks in the door and rolls in ahead to attempt to avoid any crossbow attack from their foe.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

GM Rolls:
Yargin UMD: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Yargin Hide: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Weyland kicks in the door and rolls in, striking hard against a bunk bed. A splash of acid barely misses Weyland's face and sizzles on the wall next to the door. This small room (10'x20') has only a pair of bunk beds that sit against the far wall on either side of a boarded-over window.

Perception DC 5:
On the lower bunk of the bed right next to Weyland, the mattress is lifted up somewhat. Cowering underneath it is a sniveling man trying to hide under the bed... and failing miserably. He points a wand at the sizzling spot on the wall.

Realizing someone has noticed him, he whimpers, "Uh... sorry, that was an... uh... accident. Please don't kill me! I'm... I'm a prisoner!"

You don't even need to roll Sense Motive to know he's obviously lying.

Image:
Yargin Balko


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | (CMD 16) F+2 | R+7 | W+4 | Ini+ 4 | Per +5 | Harrow Points 2

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Weyland roars "Drop that wand or my face will be the last thing you ever see!"

Intimidate 1d20 ⇒ 11


Female,;HP17/17, Perception +5, Init +3 Alchemist 2.; bombs 6/6 ; extracts l1:3 unprepared

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Samantha holds back her throw, wait if the wand wielder will surrender


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Diviner: Foresight) 2
Character Information:
[HP: 17] ; [Armor Class: 12; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 10]; [BAB: +1; CMB: +1; CMD: 13]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +4* (+1 v enchantment effects)]; [Initiative: +8]; [Perception: +5]
Harrow Points:

Nicolai looks up from his spot "It would seem that Lamm is beneath us, both literally and figuratively." Noticing the missing members of the crew he looks puzzled Perhaps we should find the others before we proceed any further."


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

So close on Intimidate... well, I imagine with everyone else there and all of the slaughter, an Aid Another or some sort of bonus would be enough.

The weaslely man sets the wand down on the ground right next to himself and meekly puts his hands up (while still peaking out from under the bed mattress). ”Please don’t kill me! Like I said, I’m just a lowly prisoner here. Thank you for rescuing me!”

Then he mocks surprise and concern, “Oh! The bad people who kidnapped me also have a bunch of children they also... kidnapped! I think they are downstairs! Thank you again for rescuing me. I can take care of myself now - you should go look after the children!”

He forces a smile that makes him look even more guilty and pitiful at the same time.


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | (CMD 16) F+2 | R+7 | W+4 | Ini+ 4 | Per +5 | Harrow Points 2

Weyland snatches the wand up, "Fortunately for you, we are after bigger game this night. Where is Gaedren Lamm!?"


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 2 | 20/20 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

Vedika leans closer, holding her bloody machete nearby, and says, "I recommend you cooperate before it becomes impossible."

Aid Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

"Gaedren is down below. If I tell you how to easily get down there, will you let me go? That wretch tortured us almost as much the kids, you see. And I'm willing to cooperate if you don't - you know - cut off my head or put swords through me like you did the others."


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | (CMD 16) F+2 | R+7 | W+4 | Ini+ 4 | Per +5 | Harrow Points 2

"Aye, we'll let you go. Doubt not that should we find you serving another black hearted cur next time we meet we'll not be so merciful. Everyone deserves a second chance and with that villain gone, you'll have it. Now, how do we get to him?"


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 2

"And don't try anything funny!" Bellis added.


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 2 | 20/20 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

Vedika meticulously wipes down her machete while waiting for the miscreant to squeal.


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

”You are so very kind! Truly noble, angelic beings in your wisdom and nobility and -“ he then eyes Vedika’s machete and cuts the flattery. ”Uh... right. In the next room is a trap door. Knock 3 times, then once, then 3 times again, and - if the old curr is awake, he will unlock it. But it might be a tight fit. Or from the outside there is a door facing the river you could go in, but that’s probably locked, too.”

He remains crouched under the mattress and eyes each of you. ”I will let myself out after you go then, yes? Good luck to you. Oh, and could I possibly... um... have that wand back? It’s a... uh... family heirloom. Very dear to me - and my only defense from bad people lurking in the shadows, you know.” He smiles a weaslely smile.

Since I missed update earlier this week, to move it along, here’s the info for anyone who goes to the next room to the East whenever you are ready.

OFFICE
A wooden desk sits in one corner of this room, its side against the western door preventing it from opening all the way. You will need to either shove the heavy wooden desk out of the way, or enter from the balcony in the main room of the big battle. The desk is heaped with dozens of slate boards covered with chalk scrawls, while to the east a cabinet slouches against the wall.

I will post an updated map shortly.

EDIT: Updated map (and on Roll20). The door blocked by the desk is by Samantha’s token.a


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 2

"I'll tell the others," Bellis said, directing her pony back, "You decide what to do with him."

Wheeling around, she moved back to the stairs. "Hey guys, I think we got a lead up here!"


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | (CMD 16) F+2 | R+7 | W+4 | Ini+ 4 | Per +5 | Harrow Points 2

Weyland glares at him, "Worry not, wait with the children, when this is all over we'll escort you home to ensure no unsavory people harm you".

Weyland steps into the Office but takes no actin until his comrades join him.


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Ok, this level is secure, Lamm is (apparently) right below you. What's the plan?

A) Go through the trap door Yargin told you about, which supposedly goes directly to where Lamm is but will be a tight squeeze for any medium creatures, especially if well armored.

B) Go around the outside (or through the opening in the floor in that main room) to try and enter through the outside door which is likely locked.

C) Split the group and do both

D) Do something else entirely unexpected :)


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 2

Well, I'm the only one who can squeeze through there easily, and that discounts the pony, so I vote B or C. D if anyone thinks of it


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 2 | 20/20 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

Willing to give (C) a shot. Incidentally, vishkanya are supposed to be really good at squeezing...


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Diviner: Foresight) 2
Character Information:
[HP: 17] ; [Armor Class: 12; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 10]; [BAB: +1; CMB: +1; CMD: 13]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +4* (+1 v enchantment effects)]; [Initiative: +8]; [Perception: +5]
Harrow Points:

I'd say drop the desk or file cabinet on top of the trap door and then go in through the outside door.


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | (CMD 16) F+2 | R+7 | W+4 | Ini+ 4 | Per +5 | Harrow Points 2

I like Nicolai's idea but I am a fan of attacks from more than one direction. Weyland would certainly opt for the outside approach regardless.


Female,;HP17/17, Perception +5, Init +3 Alchemist 2.; bombs 6/6 ; extracts l1:3 unprepared

B or C A sounds like asking to get ambushed


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Ok, decision time. Everyone going around the outside, or some squeezing through the trap door?

Just a couple GM rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 4

Perception DC 14:
Through the floorboards, you faintly hear the sound something moving - someone walking maybe? Dragging something?

Then a raspy hushed voice says, "Wake up, Gobblegut. I think dere's trouble, ol' boy. Bet you'll be eatin' good tonight."

This is soon followed by a deep, guttural noise that sounds like a blend of a hiss and grunt.


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | (CMD 16) F+2 | R+7 | W+4 | Ini+ 4 | Per +5 | Harrow Points 2

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Weyland motions to his allies and whispers, "He knows we're coming, we've got to attack from two directions... I'll squeeze through the trap door if I have to, he's got a pet godsknowswhat".


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 2 | 20/20 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

"I'll come around out back."


Female,;HP17/17, Perception +5, Init +3 Alchemist 2.; bombs 6/6 ; extracts l1:3 unprepared

"I prefere having room to fight Samantha begins to follow Vedika
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 2 | 20/20 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

Two trailer park girls go 'round the outside...


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 2

I'll take the side, too. I need room for my pony


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Sorry for the delay, had access difficulties, wife's birthday, last minute costume making for kids... anyway, facing Gaedren Lamm!! I'm going to make some assumptions, so if anyone wants to retcon what your PC does, just let me know.

Weyland:

Weyland aims for the trapdoor, but find that something underneath is wedging it shut. Unfortunately, it takes him several tries and actually jumping on it, to break it open.

It takes a round to smash it open, but that also gives the rest of the group time to get outside and drop down. Yoyu can squeeze through the hole with an Acrobatics or Escape Artist check:
DC 10: You awkwardly force your way through, but it takes time and you land poorly. You lose a move action AND you are prone.
DC 17: You manage to slide through the opening smoothly but misjudge the distance and the wet slickness of the ground. You are prone but have your full turn still.
DC 25: You get through the opening and land well. Still have full turn and land standing up.

You drop down into the den of the foul Gaedren Lamm.

The air in this large room is chilly and stinks of the river, thanks to a huge opening in the floor that drops away to the river shore three feet below. Several pilings emerge from the waters to support the roof eight feet above the floor, with mossy ropes slung between them. In two places, rusty manacles hang from the ropes over the water. Two five-foot-wide walkways cross the hole to the other side of the chamber, where a collection of old cabinets, lockboxes, and piles of clutter are strewn about. Chipped porcelain plates, a cracked goblet, badly rusted silverware, an old wooden shield with a crossbow bolt embedded in it, the odd dinged helm, and other "treasures" litter the floor of this side of the chamber. Three tables heaped with clutter stand amid this mess. In the corner, a wooden door provides access to a walled-off section.

Your blood boils and rage builds as you look, face to face, with the viper himself, Gaedren Lamm. At his feet is a nasty alligator that looks almost as mean as Lamm himself. Gaedren sneers at you, licks his lips, and then commands his pet, "Gobblegut, go enjoy your midnight snack."

Everyone else:
(Unless you want to follow Weyland)
The rest of the group rushes out a side door - the women leading the way. Fire burns in Vedika's blood as she both hopes and fears finding her sister.

Secrecy is gone, so you focus on speed. A creaky walkway lines the back of the building that strains under the weight of the group. Several boards groan and snap, but the rush of the prey so close keeps you focused enough to stay on your feet. Dropping down to the water below, there is another walkway floating on the water's surface.

Rounding the corner, the water deepens and you see the lower level door that leads to Gaedren Lamm. Unfortunately, you also discover a large, mottled-skinned shark thrashing about in the water next to the walkway. The blood from the brutal kills above has dripped down into the water and sent the beast into a frenzy.

Acrobatics or Athletics check to climb onto the slick walkway. Uses 30 feet of movement to get from where you drop down, pull yourself up on the walkway, and get into the doorway.
Failure: You slip climbing up and are prone and within the threat range of the shark.
DC 10: You manage to climb up, but slip and are prone.
DC 15: You are able to climb up fine and get just inside the door to Gaedren's den. (see Weyland spoiler above for description)

Initiative:

Jigsaw shark: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Gobblegut: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Gaedren: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Average: 10

Bellis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Nicolai: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Samantha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Vedika: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 4 = 25
Wenzeslaus: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Weyland: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Average: 16

Map updated and at Roll20

Gaedren Lamm
Gobblegut the alligator

Also, reminder, you can use Harrow points for bonuses. You can spend a Harrow Point to gain one of the following benefits:

Harrow Points:

Dexterity Rerolls: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to reroll an initiative check, Reflex save, attack roll modified by Dexterity, or Dexterity-based check. The PC must abide by the new result (although if he has additional Harrow Points, he can use them for additional rerolls).

Dodge Bonus: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to gain a +2 dodge bonus to his Armor Class for one encounter. They can spend up to 3 Harrow Points per encounter to increase his Armor Class in this manner.

Speed Increase: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to increase his base speed by 10 feet for one encounter.

Vedika when you enter the lower level room:
You do not see your sister, but you see him. Gaedren Lamm. You know this disgusting wretch is the one who has taken her. You can feel anger rising up - but also... something else. The manacles. The pillars and cramped space - reminiscent of a prison. The children kept trapped. All of you locked together in pursuit of Lamm.

The Locksmith. In Zellara's Harrowing, you choose the Locksmith. "It is you who will set us free." You do not know how, but you know Fate has led you here and coiled you up, ready to strike. Now is your moment to strike and free them all from Lamm's clutches.

You get a +4 to all Dexterity-based checks (Dex attacks, Reflex, skills), and a +2 Dodge bonus to AC for the duration of this fight.

-----------------------------

PCs go first!


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 2 | 20/20 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Of course!

Vedika races across the creaking walkways, jumps toward the floating walkway, and completely misses and becomes shark chum.


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points
Vedika Bhatia wrote:

[dice=Acrobatics]1d20+4

Of course!

Vedika races across the creaking walkways, jumps toward the floating walkway, and completely misses and becomes shark chum.

Whoops! She’s just in a hurry, that’s it!

But two things:
1) Go ahead and read the spoiler for you above and take the bonus. It will all be one big fight and this is your big moment for Chapter 1. Just know that Fate is guiding you more towards Lamm than the shark. :)
2) Sorry if I made it confusing, but you still have the rest of your turn. Just you used your movement to wind up prone in the shark’s threatened area. You still have a standard action. You just are in range for possible AoO from the shark is all.

In fact, if any of you want to read the Vedika spoiler, it’s ok. It’s not so much secret knowledge as it is trying to keep a long post somewhat organized. All of you will have your moment like that as determined by the cards.


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 2 | 20/20 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

Well, my goal is to get to Lamm; presumably I provoke an AoO from the shark while scrambling back to my feet and trying to reach him. Assuming it doesn't crit and kill me, I'm happy to leave the shark behind in the water and burst in on Lamm.

So, assuming I'm not killed by another run of bad luck...

Vedika bursts in on Lamm's room, eyes blazing with hatred.

The following set of actions then has to come on the subsequent round, because I fell on my move over the platform and had to use my previous standard action to get back up. After that, it's presumably a double move to reach Lamm's room. During that double move I'll activate my Sleep Venom ability.

"You!" she cries out angrily. "You took my sister from me, and my innocence from my sister! For that I'll take everything from you!" She draws a multi-pointed metal star from the inside of her belt and brings it to her lips, then suddenly spins in a circle. Her black hair whips about as she comes down into a half-crouched battle stance, the now-glistening shuriken lancing out from her hand toward Lamm.

Thrown shuriken, death vow, Locksmith harrowing: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 + 4 = 25
Shuriken damage, death vow,: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
DC 12 Fort save or he is staggered for 1d4 rounds (can only take a standard or move action on his turn, not both); if he fails the initial save, on the next round he must make another DC 12 Fort save or fall unconscious for 1 minute.

The final round of action there is swift action for Death Vow, move action converted to swift action for Toxic, standard action to throw shuriken.

EDIT: Apparently in this edition you can't downgrade a move action to a swift action! That means no Toxic, so the initial shuriken is not poisoned.


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

As Vedika slips onto the pier, the jigsaw shark senses an actual meal rather than this frustrating tease of blood. It explodes out of the water at her, but it's teeth scrape across her armor unable to pierce it.

Bite attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Diviner: Foresight) 2
Character Information:
[HP: 17] ; [Armor Class: 12; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 10]; [BAB: +1; CMB: +1; CMD: 13]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +4* (+1 v enchantment effects)]; [Initiative: +8]; [Perception: +5]
Harrow Points:

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Acrobatics check (Harrow re-roll): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Nicolai follows Weyland through the narrow opening but as he lands on the waterlogged and rotting boards his boots slip on the mildewed wood and his feet go out from underneath him, dropping him to the ground.
Jumping quickly to his feet he moves to a point where he can take advantage of his remaining spell.


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | (CMD 16) F+2 | R+7 | W+4 | Ini+ 4 | Per +5 | Harrow Points 2

Weyland:
Weyland smashes and slips through Acrobatically 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13.

Harrow Point re-roll - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28.

The Kitsune lands on his feet and hears the voice of Gaedren Lamm, "I'd say it was a pleasure to meet you but we both know it isn't villain. I'll feed you to this beast!"

He swings his spiked chain at the creature!

Spiked Chain Attack 1d20 ⇒ 5 but misses wildly...


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 2

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Bellis' Pony deftly trots down the broken boardwalk, avoiding the hazards in her path. Bellis spares a smile for the agility shown by her mounts, then scowls as she sights Lamm. "You!" She draws one of her remaining bombs and readies for a fight.


Female,;HP17/17, Perception +5, Init +3 Alchemist 2.; bombs 6/6 ; extracts l1:3 unprepared

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Samantha barely manages to climb up the walkway, while eying the shark carefully.
climbing up and standing up


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Sorry for the delay! But let's get Lamm! Also, I just realized I slipped up and threw a 5e-ism in there with "Athletics". I wondered how much playing in both systems would mess me up. Hopefully nothing worse than that!

WenzeslausBot drops down over the side and scrambles up onto the walkway but finds his armor too difficult and struggles to get up. The shark, in a frenzy, takes the opportunity to bite into him savagely.

Lamm looks at the group, with Weyland and Nicolai dropping out of the ceiling, and Vedika, Bellis, and Samantha bursting in the door. He shouts, spittle flying, "How dare ya barge inta 'ere!! What did I do to deserve this? Gobblegut - eat 'em! Eat 'em all!!!"

The alligator dives across the water and lunges up at Weyland. Surprised by the creature's burst of speed, Weyland is caught off guard and it bites onto him, it's jaws ripping deep into his leg. From his previous wounds, the mauling is too much and Weyland falls unconscious. Gobblegut feebly swipes it's tail at Vedika but just thumps off her armor. But the alligator doesn't much care as it pulls it's next meal back towards the water.

As for Lamm, the wretch of a man has brought such misery to all of your lives, and ruined countless more. But rather than some criminal mastermind, you are faced with a pathetic old man. If you weren't about to get your revenge, age or disease likely would have before long.

He fires his hand crossbow at Vedika, but the bolt just bounces off her armor, not making it through. At first he's pleased with Gobblegut's mauling of Weyland, but seeing the alligator pull the kitsune towards the water and ignore the rest of you, fear starts to cross the foul man's face. "Gobblegut, you stupid thing - get the rest! Get them now! Save me!" He turns and limps to the door.

With a yell, Wenzeslaus turns and fires his crossbow at the shark but misses wildly, his bolt thunking into the wood above them.

Vedika throws her venomed shuriken, striking Lamm in the back. He screams in pain, and stumbles slightly. He starts mumbling to himself, "No no no... not gonna let this little @$%#*s kill me!" I think it's only a single move you needed, so I'll let you get the venom.

PCs are up!
Bellis
Nicolai
Samantha
Weyland

Vedika
Wenzeslaus

Wenzeslaus Acrobatics: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (13) - 5 = 8 Whoops, fall!
Shark bite attack Wenzeslaus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Hit!
Shark bite damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Lamm Fort save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 Big nope!
Gobblegut bite attack Weyland: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Hit!
Gobblegut bite damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Gobblegut tail slap Vedika: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11 Miss
Gobblebut tail slap damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Lamm hand crossbow attack Vedika: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Miss
Lamm hand crossbow damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Wenzeslaus crossbow attack shark: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Miss
Wenzeslaus crossbow damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Wenzeslaus hp: 4/10
Weyland hp: -1/9 unconscious (unless I missed something) and grappled!
Shark: 0 damage
Gobblegut: 0 damage
Lamm: 3 damage


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Diviner: Foresight) 2
Character Information:
[HP: 17] ; [Armor Class: 12; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 10]; [BAB: +1; CMB: +1; CMD: 13]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +4* (+1 v enchantment effects)]; [Initiative: +8]; [Perception: +5]
Harrow Points:

"For Natalia" Nicolai thinks to himself as he begins chanting. Stepping up, his hands weaving a complex pattern in the air, he shouts "Conem Colorum" as he finishes his spell. Waves of coruscating, multi-colored light emanate from his hands, washing over Lamm.

Nicolai casts Color Spray, Will save DC:14


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Lamm Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Zoinks!

Lamm's body may be failing, but his heart and soul are too rotten and shriveled to be distracted.


Female,;HP17/17, Perception +5, Init +3 Alchemist 2.; bombs 6/6 ; extracts l1:3 unprepared

Samantha sprints along the walkway, readying a bomb while running and throws at Lamm.

hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

if Lamm should be down, aim for the Alligator (back end furthest from Weyland), else for the shark


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 2

"Here, eat this scaly!" Bellis said as she moved clear and hurled a bomb at the gator's tail.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
damage(electrical): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 2

Yes, I am taking care not to catch you guys in the blast


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

The bomb from Bellis jolts Gobblegut, causing him to let go of Weyland. Weyland lays on the ground, unconscious but stable.

Gobblegut turns and lunges at Bellis. It thrashed away at her, biting and slapping it's tail, but missing her.

Struck by the shuriken and then a direct hit with the bomb, Lamm growls in pain and stumbles back. His fear melts away as he eyes Vedika and Samantha with pure hatred. "How dare you! Attacking me - in my home?! My pets are gonna eat well tonight!"

He aims his hand crossbow directly at Vedika - but his shot goes wide. He looks down at his hand in confusion as he drops the crossbow. He tries to flex his fingers but is barely able to. Then he looks down at the bomb burn and the shuriken wound as his knees buckle. "What? What did you - that's not fair."

Lamm collapses on the ground, unconscious.

Weyland stable check: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 1 = 18
Gobblegut bite attack Bellis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Gobblegut bite damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Gobblegut tail slap Bellis: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Gobblebut tail slap damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Shark bite attack Wenzeslaus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Shark bite damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Lamm Fort save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Lamm hand crossbow attack Vedika: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Lamm hand crossbow damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

*****

ALL PCs are up! Lamm is out but alligator and shark are still attacking.

*****


Female,;HP17/17, Perception +5, Init +3 Alchemist 2.; bombs 6/6 ; extracts l1:3 unprepared

Samantha readies another bomb and throws aiming at the back end of the alligator, taking care to not hit her wounded ally.

hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

if the gator is dead aim for the shark

151 to 200 of 254 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Ken's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.