Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Ken's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Ken Marable


1 to 50 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon

Trying to set one of these up for the first time. Here goes!


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon

Tensions have been building in the city of Korvosa. Rumors spread of another delayed payment to the city’s dock workers as yet another monument to the King begins construction. Throughout the 22 year rule of King Eodred Arabasti II, he has been somewhat forgettable – with much of the actual rule left to Seneschal Neolandus Kalepopolis. However, with his advancing age and lack of an heir despite an extensive harem and marrying a foreign noble a third is age, Eodred began to dread the alleged Curse of the Crimson Throne.

According to Korvosan legend, no monarch will ever bear a child while they rule, and their rule will end in an unnatural death. With his obsession with a legacy growing over the past several years, King Eodred II spent more and more of the city’s wealth on himself. Many also whispered that the young Queen, barely out of her teenage years also spurred him on to lavish wealth on themselves rather than the city. Her disdain for the city and brazen interest in the King’s wealth and power were openly known throughout Korvosa and the citizens returned that disdain in full measure.

Now, in 4708, contempt for the Queen and increasing frustration with the plundering of the city’s coffers has created a general air of unease. Korvosans have always favored a firm rule over a fair one, and Eodred’s recent unusual and unpredictable obsession with a legacy likely bother citizens more than any sense of injustice. The monarchy is there to bring stability to the city – violent crimes are met with harsh punishments, and even non-violent crimes are heavily regulated and taxed as necessary vices of a large city. However, with late payments to city workers and a King’s fear of a fabled curse many worry about the growing instability in the city.

Bellis Aleste:
As the sun rose on 4 Arodus (August) 4708, you wake from a restless sleep. Strange that having never been to Korvosa, the city could still trigger such unpleasant memories. You hoped to make a simple journey to test your creation, but unfortunately, thoughts of your parents keep forcing their way in. You at least try to focus on happy memories together, but tragically, all you can think about is the moment you were informed about their deaths and horrible visions of how they might have met their fate. As you go to check on your pony, you find a card resting on the saddle. It is from a Harrow Deck, and depicts The Juggler. On the back is written a note: Gaedren Lamm is responsible for your parents’ deaths. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Nicolai Fortescu:
You are unable to sleep as one name keeps going through your mind – Gaedren Lamm. You must get your revenge on him, but do not yet know how or where. But you must find him and you must make him pay for what he did. As the sun rose on 4 Arodus (August) 4708, you reach for your Harrow Deck, hoping it can help guide you in finding this monster. However, you see the top card is already face up. It is The Joke. Flipping it over, you realize that it is actually from another deck, one much finer than your own, and left with yours. On the back is written a note: I know that Gaedren has taken your laughter and joy from you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Samantha Norton:
You have a restless night with more nightmares of seeing your father in the morgue – dying but not dead – and no matter how hard you run, you cannot get any closer to him. As the sun rises on 4 Arodus (August) 4708, it is only habit that helps you manage to climb out of bed and begin opening your shop. However, something catches your eye, and you notice a card slipped behind some bottles of alchemist’s fire. It is from a Harrow Deck, and depicts The Vision. On the back is written a note: Gaedren Lamm murdered your father. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Ser Weyland Wylde:
As the sun rose on 4 Arodus (August) 4708, you worried that your plan might not work. Gaedren’s old base had been cleared out, and he would be squatting in another abandoned building somewhere. Unfortunately, you had gotten nowhere in finding where that is. As you dressed in the morning and focused on assuming the persona of Ser Weyland, you felt something in one of your pockets. It is a card from a Harrow Deck, and depicts The Locksmith. On the back is written a note: I know what Gaedren has done to you. Your secret is safe with me. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Vedika Bhatia:
As the sun rose on 4 Arodus (August) 4708, you mentally went over your next steps in the search for your sister. Tragically, it was a very short list. You were running out of any leads. You thought your best bet might still be a gang of child pickpockets rumored to operate near the bay, but so far you had not been able to find them. Grabbing your gear, you are startled to see a card on the ground under your sword. It is from a Harrow Deck, and depicts The Theater. On the back is written a note: Gaedren Lamm has taken your sister. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Wenzeslaus von Rosenkreuz:
As the sun rose on 4 Arodus (August) 4708, you awoke in the room you rented the previous night. You were unfamiliar with Korvosa and would need to begin your search for Gaedren Lamm and the evidence you needed. But first you were not overly surprised to find a card laying atop your belongings. The organization worked secretly, but after picking it up, you were surprised to notice that it was likely not from your Brothers. It is a card from a Harrow Deck, and depicts The Midwife. On the back is written a note: I know that Gaedren framed your Brother but I do not know why. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Anything of note you want to do during the day, or do you go to the address listed?

When (and if) you do go to the address listed:
The interior of this small, humble home consists of a single cozy chamber filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The aroma comes from several sticks of incense smoldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke gives the room a dreamy feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling human hearts, and another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall, hooded figure shrouded in mist, holding a flaming sword in a skeletal hand. Several brightly colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throw cloth and seven elegant, tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

On the table is a note written in similar hand writing as the one on the card. (Although this note is just on ordinary parchment). It says: Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The basket under the table contains bread and drink for you.

Feel free to converse with each other when you start arriving.


Male Human Shaman (Benefactor, True Silvered Throne) 1

Wenzeslaus was surprised but not overly alarmed - ever since he joined the Esoteric Order he was becoming used to being somewhat passively led through different goals and events in life. The teachings of the Order perscribed that the chaos around a person reflects the confusion in their own soul, and one must turn inward to reach the outer perfection and order in his life.

Having reminded himself of this, Wenzeslaus spent the next hour meditating over the occult lore collected in his grimoire, trying to divine some sort of guidance from the cryptic parables. He set out early, knowing that he will likely have to ask for directions and spend some time wandering before he finds the address in this part of the city. Yet he ended up getting to the right place relatively quickly.

Not seeing any sign of the 'others' that the card promised, he opted not to partake in the conspicuous food and instead spent time studying the intricate tapestries.
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Now that's a way to start the campaign! I probably forget which day it is.


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

As the sun sets, Vedika pushes her way through the crowded streets, Harrow card in hand and a frown on her troubled face. She is armed for battle like a mercenary who's seen some action, with a broad-bladed, single-edged short sword at her hip and a shield dangling from her other hand, ready to be hauled into position if needed. Her studded leather armor is worn and scratched and the shield has a few knocks in the edges. Her black hair is unruly and her earrings catch the last light of the sunset, which makes them stand out against her brown complexion.

While Korvosa is very cosmopolitan, her features and make-up place her as a Vudrani, which is from far abroad indeed. Few stop to gawk at the warrior-woman, who is taking a quick pace to her destination and looks like she will brook no interference.

Disguise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Perception DC 19:
There is something about her features that is just not quite right; not asymmetrical, not distorted, but... her makeup almost seems like it's not just to accentuate her almond eyes and her strong cheekbones, but perhaps to draw away notice that her skin color and texture are just a little bit off and not quite human.


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 1

Bellis stared at the card in her hand. She looks upward and closes her eyes. Someone knew the identity of her parents' murderer, but why didn't they step forward before? It seemed she(or he) wanted to take care of it with her help, but was that something she wanted to do? Was it something she could do? She'd killed Golblins before while escorting the caravan and distracting constructs at the Golemworks, but she wasn't sure if she could fight and kill another person, even if they were murderers.

She decided to at least hear her out first.

----

Bellis blinked at the two humans in the house before her. "Hello there. Either of you give me this?" She said, holding up her card.


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

The black-haired swords woman raises another Harrow card - the Theather - with a tight-lipped expression. Then she says in accented Taldane, "What part do you have in this drama?"


Female,;HP10/10, Perception +4, Init +3 Alchemist 1.; bombs 5/5 ; extracts l1:2 unprepared

Samantha gives the card a hard look, on one hand it sounds like a trap, on the other hand even a trap is better than no leed at all.

After closing the shop, the young alchemist grabs weapon and armor and heads to the mentioned address.

-----

Upon entering Samantha presents her card as well. "someone promised justice, and I hope at least for answers. "


Male Human Shaman (Benefactor, True Silvered Throne) 1

Wenzeslaus holds up his card.
"So you must be the others it mentioned. I am looking for one Gaedren Lamm - he came into possession of something that does not belong to him. Can you help me find him?"

Sense Motive DC 17:

You sense that the man is being deliberately vague and holds something back, though he is not lying.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Diviner: Foresight) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10] ; [Armor Class: 12; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 10]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +3* (+1 v enchantment effects)]; [Initiative: +8]; [Perception: +4]
Harrow Points: 3/4

Nicolai turns the card over and over in his hands, examining it. Harrow cards were generally family heirlooms and no two were ever exactly the same. Unable to recall who used this particular motif he placed the card face up on the table and withdrew his own deck from it's box.
Shuffling the cards, he began doing a reading for himself but his thoughts kept wandering to the mysterious card. "The Joke. An obstacle that can only be overcome by trickery or guile. The card places an emphasis on a sense of humor, but if misaligned the joke could be on me. Why this card? Is it some cruel taunt of Lamm's? If the jokes going to be on me then I must be prepared for it"
After studying his spells in preparation for the evening , Nicolai spends the rest of the day in fitful agitation, waiting for sunset. About an hour and a half before the appointed time he grabs a satchel and whistles for his familiar, Tavi, to climb in. With Tavi securely in place, he takes a look at himself in the mirror and runs his fingers through his chestnut brown hair to smooth it back into place and then does the same to his goatee before heading out the door.
Arriving on Lancet street, he searches until he finds #3, a small nondescript house, and waits. Watching the house from across the street he notices several people come down the street, searching for, and finally entering the building. These must be the "Others" the card alluded to.
Stealth check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Realizing that he has been on one place too long and, perhaps, drawing attention to himself he casts two quick spells and looks over the street, before crossing and entering the building.
Perception check: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Nicolai will cast Heightened Awareness and Mage Armor on himself
Once inside he greet the others with a curt nod and a murmured "Evening". He picks up the card from the table and reads it as he circles around to take a seat facing the door, with the table conveniently between. Sitting down, he says "It appears our mysterious benefactor is a bit tardy." he draws his deck from it's pouch and shuffles it, trying to project an image of calm, and failing.
Bluff check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
"Would anyone care for a reading while we wait? For a silver I'll tell you your future, for three silvers I might even tell you the truth."


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

"You are a fortune-teller? This is your handiwork?" says the dusky woman intently. "I am not here to mince words, but to find answers."

She seems to be reigning in some anger, but still makes an imposing impression.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Diviner: Foresight) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10] ; [Armor Class: 12; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 10]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +3* (+1 v enchantment effects)]; [Initiative: +8]; [Perception: +4]
Harrow Points: 3/4

Nicolai places the mysterious card on the table with the back facing up and then draws one of the cards from his deck and places it next to the other one "Notice the difference?" he says "Every deck is different. This deck has been in my family for generations, handed down one to the next, until it passed to me. Legend has it that each successive generation imbues the deck with it's soul, thereby increasing it's power. I'd no sooner use another's deck than you would use another's weapon" he shrugs "I'm just as much in the dark as you are as to why we are here."


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 1

"So is this everybody?" Bellis asked, taking the cover off the basket and peering inside.


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | CMD 15 } F+2 | R+6 | W+3 | Ini+ 4 | Per +4 | Harrow Points 2

Wei observes the others enter five in all. He recognizes none of their faces and wonders why they would be here, Perhaps we all have received similar notes? Something about this is... unsettling. Still, I have no other choice.

Wei heads into the alley and pulls off his hood donning his "other" face, that of the Knight Ser Weyland Wylde the brave Taldoran Knight. Wei would need some of Weyland's bravery to actually follow through with what could be a trap.

Sighing Weyland crosses the street looking for anyone who seems to be too interested in his presence and opens the door. After taking in the room he smiles warmly at everyone present, "Greetings, I am Ser Wyland Wylde of Taldor. I am here... well I am here against my better judgment". He closes the door softly behind him as he enters.


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon

A few minutes after Ser Weyland Wylde arrives, the door opens once more. A woman in her early 40's and from her dress, facial features, and long, dark hair, she is clearly Varisian. She smiles warmly at each of you, but with a clear tint of sadness.

"Thank you for coming, my friends. I apologize for my unusual method of contacting you, but under the circumstances, it seemed the best choice. My name is Zellara and invite you to take a seat." She sits down at the table and motions at the other seats. She pulls out a Harrow Deck from one of the many pockets in her sash and idly shuffles it, perhaps out of habit, perhaps out of comfort - but certainly with fine skill.

"A vicious man has hurt us all deeply. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by his gift for avoiding reprisal. You see, a year ago, his thieves stole this, my harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, an heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my sole means of support. When Lamm's pickpockets stole it, my son Eran tracked them down and returned my deck to me." She pauses and the sorrow on her face is unmistakable. "But Gaedren had him followed, and soon after he left my home, Gaedren's thugs murdered him."

"I sought help from the Korvosan Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my harrow deck for advice. And recently, I was rewarded—," she pauses and looks each person in the eye as she continues, spreading the words out for emphasis, "I found out where Gaedren dwells."

"He can be found in an old fishery north of here, at Westpier 17, where he trains abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures. But I need your help. I am not skilled with sword or magic, and cannot face this man on my own. And the Guard moves so slowly that if they were willing to help, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in advance. And even if they arrested him, what guarantee would I have he would be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for decades. But you know of these frustrations as well, for word Gaedren has wronged each of you, too."

She abruptly stops shuffling and hits the cards on the table with a solid thump. "It is time for him to pay."

"I can only offer his location – and a Harrow reading to try to see what lies ahead for you. But I also ask nothing in return, only that you bring Gaedren to justice for my son and for everyone he has hurt. I know you have little reason to trust me or each other, but I have told you my story and why I want this man dead. It is to you now whether you wish to tell others how he wronged you or to keep that pain private, and whether your hatred for him outweighs your distrust of the rest of us."

Zellara - image and basic info


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | CMD 15 } F+2 | R+6 | W+3 | Ini+ 4 | Per +4 | Harrow Points 2

Weyland refuses a seat choosing to remain standing as the woman tells her tale.

"The man is a peddler of poison if only for that alone, he should be brought low!"

Does her tale ring true? Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon
Ser Weyland Wylde wrote:

Weyland refuses a seat choosing to remain standing as the woman tells her tale.

"The man is a peddler of poison if only for that alone, he should be brought low!"

Does her tale ring true? Sense Motive 1d20+9

DM roll:

1d20 ⇒ 3

Ser Weyland (or anyone else Sense Motive DC 17):

Yes, the story definitely sounds true. It’s both unfortunately plausible, and she is quite genuine in her emotions and responses. However, you get the feeling that she may be leaving something out.


Female,;HP10/10, Perception +4, Init +3 Alchemist 1.; bombs 5/5 ; extracts l1:2 unprepared

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 1

"So you want us to kill him?" Bellis asked, looking up at the older woman.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Diviner: Foresight) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10] ; [Armor Class: 12; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 10]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +3* (+1 v enchantment effects)]; [Initiative: +8]; [Perception: +4]
Harrow Points: 3/4

Sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
"I'm sorry for your loss, Madame Zellara. I too know what it's like to lose a loved one. Lamm, or one of his vagabonds, took the life of my wife and our unborn child. There is no pit in Hell too deep for his soul to reside in." Nicolai's tone softens a bit "I share your grief and pray fro your son's rest and I firmly believe that this city, this world, would be a better place without one Gaedren Lamm being allowed to roam free."

Nicolia will do a Knowledge (local) check to see if he's heard about Zellara, either in the Varisian communtiy or amongst other fortune tellers.
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Female,;HP10/10, Perception +4, Init +3 Alchemist 1.; bombs 5/5 ; extracts l1:2 unprepared

"while his death won't bring back those, whose death he caused, I lack the knowledge to do something like that, but it will stop him from causing more."


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | CMD 15 } F+2 | R+6 | W+3 | Ini+ 4 | Per +4 | Harrow Points 2

Weyland nods with enthusiasm as the others speak, "It seems we are in almost complete agreement M'Lady, now if you wouldn't mind sharing what it is you're holding back. If I am to do more than agree with the sentiments expressed, I want full disclosure..."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon
Bellis Aleste wrote:
"So you want us to kill him?" Bellis asked, looking up at the older woman.

”That is up to you. I had hoped he could be dealt with by the Guard - but they seem unable, or uninterested, in dealing the justice he deserves. There is the blood of many...” she pauses, choking up slightly ”...the blood of far too many on his hands. I do want to see him punished, but more importantly, I want no one else to suffer because of him. But that is up to all of you. I can only tell you what I know in hopes that you can stop him.”


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon
Nicolai Fortescu wrote:

[dice=Sense motive]1d20+3

"I'm sorry for your loss, Madame Zellara. I too know what it's like to lose a loved one. Lamm, or one of his vagabonds, took the life of my wife and our unborn child. There is no pit in Hell too deep for his soul to reside in." Nicolai's tone softens a bit "I share your grief and pray fro your son's rest and I firmly believe that this city, this world, would be a better place without one Gaedren Lamm being allowed to roam free."

Nicolia will do a Knowledge (local) check to see if he's heard about Zellara, either in the Varisian communtiy or amongst other fortune tellers.
[dice=Knowledge (local)]1d20+7

You have heard of her, less because of any sort of fame, more just common gossip and talking among Varisians about each other. You do not recall much about her. Just that you think she was well spoken of and you might have overheard something about some sad happening with her (fits general timeline with her son being murdered, but you mainly just overheard conversation and no details).


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon
Ser Weyland Wylde wrote:

Weyland nods with enthusiasm as the others speak, "It seems we are in almost complete agreement M'Lady, now if you wouldn't mind sharing what it is you're holding back. If I am to do more than agree with the sentiments expressed, I want full disclosure..."

Diplomacy 1d20+4

Zellara is taken aback by Weyland’s comment. ”I... I’m not - there is nothing else important.” She looks down, and continues quietly, ”It does not matter. The evils he has committed are many. I... it’s just that... it no longer matters.”

You can tell she does seem close to sharing... that was a good roll. ;)

Samantha Norton wrote:
"while his death won't bring back those, whose death he caused, I lack the knowledge to do something like that, but it will stop him from causing more."

”Thank you. Be careful, he is a dangerous man and surrounds himself with other vicious people. But if we can prevent more deaths, that will have to be enough. Thank you.”


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | CMD 15 } F+2 | R+6 | W+3 | Ini+ 4 | Per +4 | Harrow Points 2

Weyland approaches her and takes her small hands in his large hands, "No, it does matter. It matters to all of us, we have all lost someone or something to this... I hesitate to call him anything so I shall proclaim him villain. Please tell us what else should we know?"


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon

Nicolai - Weyland and Zallara's conversation seems to be stirring something in your memory. Go ahead and try another Knowledge (local).

Anyone else feel free to make a Diplomacy or other check you might think relevant if you want.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Diviner: Foresight) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10] ; [Armor Class: 12; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 10]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +3* (+1 v enchantment effects)]; [Initiative: +8]; [Perception: +4]
Harrow Points: 3/4

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Finally!


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

Vedika frowns with her hand gripping her swordbelt and her eyes flash over to the diplomats, then to the fortune-teller, and back again. She seems a bit impatient.


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon

Nicolai:
You recall now that you did hear about her son being murdered and that she became obsessed with finding the killer and was trying every divination she could manage. It was blurred somewhat because of your own sorrow and detachment. But now you remember that you heard about her more recently. Two older women were say that no one had seen her for weeks and wondering whether someone should check on her.


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon

Zellara looks directly into Weyland's eyes as her tears well up. Suddenly his hands hold nothing but air. The room darkens and the scents of flowers and spice fade away. The color drains from Zellara's face as she seems to brighten in the dimming room.

An illusion drops away and you see the room is not as you thought it was. The rug and tapestries are gone and the table and chairs are knocked over. The basket of bread and wine is empty. A thin layer of dust covers everything.

The only light is from the setting sun outside... and Zellara herself. She is faintly glowing, partially transparent, and an eerie ethereal green. She holds her hands in her lap, still pretending to sit in a chair that is no longer there.

"I am sorry for my deception. I did not think it mattered and... and finally saying it out loud forces me to admit it's true. But when I found where he was, in my anger I rushed to confront him. And... " Her sadness shifts to anger and a fierce determination.

"My rotting head sits on his shelf as a trophy."


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | CMD 15 } F+2 | R+6 | W+3 | Ini+ 4 | Per +4 | Harrow Points 2

Weyland's face is a mask of rage, "Then it is clear that this man must die! That he would slay you and keep your remains as a trophy shows the sort of ghoul in man's flesh we are dealing with! I shall do what I can to bring you peace once more Zellara, I am sorry for what has happened to you. I will do what I can to ensure you are the last of his victims..."


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

Vedika takes a half-step back and one hand moves from her belt to her sword-hilt, as she is clearly startled by this sudden revelation. "So you are an unquiet spirit? And you somehow maneuvered to send us these cards and messages?" Her head dips momentarily in thought, then she adds, "Your grief must be great indeed to move you to this post-mortem action."


Male Human Shaman (Benefactor, True Silvered Throne) 1

Wenzeslaus remains aloof through the conversation, but when the illusion is dispelled even he raises an eyebrow.

"Your spirit is strong and your ability to manipulate the strands of fate is uncanny. If we arrange the proper burial for Lamm's "trophy", will it grant you the reprieve you so deserve?"


Female,;HP10/10, Perception +4, Init +3 Alchemist 1.; bombs 5/5 ; extracts l1:2 unprepared

"you are a ghost..., fascinating. "

Samantha offers a fierce grin, her tail whipping from side to side "it's always nice if someone volunteers to further my understanding of the process of fleshwarping"


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 1

After Zellara's revelation, Bellis stared at the floor for a long time. When she looked up, there were tears barely being held back in her eyes. "O-okay... I'll help too!


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon

Zellara looks at Wenzeslaus, "I do not know if it will grant me peace. I just hope we can prevent Lamm from inflicting the pain we feel on anyone else."

She smiles slightly at Samantha. "I guess I must be a ghost then. I... it is all rather confusing. Time drifts by without my even noticing, sometimes I feel nothingness, like I'm no longer here only to have the world drift back into focus as I remember my hate towards Lamm. But mostly I feel so... stretched thin in my mind and soul..."

She grips her cards tighter, trying to anchor herself. "I wish I could help more. But all I have to give is where he lurks now, and the guidance of a Harrow reading. It never lead my astray. My only downfalls were in not listening to what the cards revealed."

Then Zellara deftly begins dealing out nine cards...

Feel free to role play more, either among yourselves or with Zellara. I will post her Harrow reading tomorrow, hopefully in the morning.

Oh, and the cards she is using as well as the ones you were given are more spectral than illusory (like her), so did not disappear with the changing of the room. Although your mind knows the card does not exist and it is a strange sensation touching but not touching it, the illusion is enough that you can still move it around as if it were real if that makes sense.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Diviner: Foresight) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10] ; [Armor Class: 12; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 10]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +3* (+1 v enchantment effects)]; [Initiative: +8]; [Perception: +4]
Harrow Points: 3/4

"Well, that explains the mysterious disappearance rumors." Nicolai thinks before saying "Aye, you already have my answer. This gives us but one more grievance that Lamm has to answer for."


Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

"With Lamm's location known, his operations can be finished," says Vedika. "And all the evil he has done swept away finally."


Male Human Shaman (Benefactor, True Silvered Throne) 1

"And the reputations damaged by him can be cleared as well.", Wenzeslaus adds as he moves a chair closer to the table in anticipation of the spiritual Harrow reading.


Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 1

"Then..." Bellis said with a little trepidation, "I guess we should begin!"


Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | CMD 15 } F+2 | R+6 | W+3 | Ini+ 4 | Per +4 | Harrow Points 2

Weyland nods to Bellis, "Aye, I agree we should begin. Cautiously. We know where he is but we do not know how many others are with him. First we must scout this location and find out what else we are up against. As loathsome as he is there are those who work with and for him that would raise steel in his defense".


Female,;HP10/10, Perception +4, Init +3 Alchemist 1.; bombs 5/5 ; extracts l1:2 unprepared

"I need to prepare some things, only need a couple of minutes" Samantha pulls out her portable lab and starts to prepare some kind of alchemical solution. preparing cure light wounds and shield


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Coming Soon

Watch Zellara's Harrow Reading

Thanks to my wonderful wife for helping with that! Also, in case you can't watch the video or for quick reference, the results are listed below.

Part 1: The Choosing:
Here we see what the cards say for each individual.

  • Samantha - Demon's Lantern – When faced with the impossible situation of working against the looming forces you once worked with, you will find your light
  • NicolaiJuggler - Fate is on your side (good match) - When many distractions grasp for your attention, you will find your speed and focus
  • BellisAvalanche – This is poorly matched, which in this case is good. when disaster spreads, you will be at your best to push back against it.
  • VedikaLocksmith - It is you who may set us all free.
  • WeylandRabbit Prince - Although Lamm is the one you seek, this card does not sit well, so you will actually show your mettle against others, nearly as vile
  • WenzeslausCrows - You will stop others who take what is most precious to us.
  • Part 2: The Spread:
    Here we see what the cards say for the group. The left is the Past (and Lawful), the middle is the Present (and Neutral), and the right is the Future (and chaos). With the top being generally what works to help you (Good), and bottom what works against you (Evil).

    Past


    • The Dance (LG, Dex) – a true match between the card and its position in the spread. The dance represents harmony. Despite the tragedies that struck us, it brought us together to this point, and that will give us strength.
    • The Desert (CG, Con) – which here is a bleak journey through our pain to where we are now
    • The Juggler (CG, Dex) - which is misaligned in this position. Nicolai, you know well that this means. This was your chosen, and in this position it means fate was not on your side. Thankfully that was your past, now let’s look to our present.

    Present


    • The Owl (N, Wis) – Is wisdom of the natural order.
    • The Rakshasa (LE, Int) – stands at the enter, symbolizing dominance. This may be Gaedren Lamm seeking control... but I feel something else… a stronger presence of control
    • The Cyclone (CE, Str) – Yes, there are evil, tumultuous plots lurking around us. Beware.

    Future


    • The Marriage (LN, Cha) – is a union, not necessarily of a couple but a union of persons, of this group.
    • The Uprising (CN, Str) – is a true match. I fear a great uprising in your future.
    • The Survivor (NG, Con) – This is rebirth through ordeal. Although in this position, I fear it will be the rebirth of a foe, not a friend.

    Ok... but what does this mean???:
    The Choosing is important, but... I can't tell you how yet. :)

    The Spread has vague cryptic hints at the adventures ahead, but in a concrete sense, it determines how many Harrow Points you have. This reading featured the Suit of Keys (Dexterity). All of the cards in the Choosing were from that suit, and every time a Keys card comes up in the Spread, the PCs will get a Harrow Point. Two of them came up (Dance and Juggler), plus the card from the Choosing means you each have 3 Harrow Points. (Although, since Nicolai's Chosen card also came up in the Spread, he gets a bonus, so 4 Harrow Points for him.)

    I will warn you when this first adventure is close to finishing and your Harrow points are going to expire if you like, but as a general idea they are good until early level 4.

    Harrow Points:
    You can spend a Harrow Point to gain one of the following benefits:

    Dexterity Rerolls: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to reroll an initiative check, Reflex save, attack roll modified by Dexterity, or Dexterity-based check. The PC must abide by the new result (although if he has additional Harrow Points, he can use them for additional rerolls).

    Dodge Bonus: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to gain a +1 dodge bonus to his Armor Class for one encounter. He can spend up to 3 Harrow Points per encounter to increase his Armor Class in this manner.

    Speed Increase: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to increase his base speed by 10 feet for one encounter.

    Behind the Screen:
    In case you want to know, that was the actual way the cards fell in both parts. However, rather than filming an hour long video of me flipping through the book off camera figuring out what everything means and how to tie things together, I just figured that all out over the weekend and then set the cards up the same way. :)

    After the Harrow reading, Zellara is willing to answer any more questions (so ask if you have them) but eventually tells the group, "You are welcome here any time, such as this place is. Hopefully, we have a while before it is reclaimed by the city as an abandoned property. Now... I must rest... or wherever it is that I go to when I'm not... here. This is the most I have tried to project and it is draining. I wish you luck and a fate better than mine."

    And she fades out of existance.


    Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

    Vedika watches suspiciously as the ghost fades away, then says, "We have the information that we need; now we should put it to use. Are you all committed to this course of action?"


    Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 1

    Bellis nods. "I'm still in."


    Shadow's Status HP = 4/9 | AC= 15 (T 13) (FF 12) | CMD 15 } F+2 | R+6 | W+3 | Ini+ 4 | Per +4 | Harrow Points 2

    "I fear I do not understand what we just witnessed but I do know that our course of action is clear. We must scout out this location and get a sense of what we face, aside from our common foe of course".


    Male Human Shaman (Benefactor, True Silvered Throne) 1

    This was awesome! Mad props to you and your wife. Had I known my name will be read aloud I'd choose a shorter one! :)

    Wenzeslaus firmly grasps the shoulderbag holding his grimoire. To stop those who take the most precious... That is actually what I'm here for!

    "This is no coincidence, the things revealed here make me certain that destiny gathered us here today. I am a stranger to Korvosa, yet even my path has crossed with Lamm's and I will gladly join any effort to stop him."


    Female Halfling Alchemist (Construct Rider) 1

    Bellis walked over to Samantha. "Hey, we should probably get mov- wow, is that an Alchemy kit?"


    Female Vishkanya Ranger (Sword-Devil) 1 | 12/12 HP | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +1 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Death Vow 0/1 | Venom 1/2

    Vedika rattles her machete in its scabbard and says, "Time for that later. We know where to go - let's go!"


    Female,;HP10/10, Perception +4, Init +3 Alchemist 1.; bombs 5/5 ; extracts l1:2 unprepared

    Without looking up from her work Samantha answers the halfling's questions "portable alchemy kit, never leave home without it."

    "give me one more minute and I'll be ready, we should be at our best when confront Lamm"

    1 to 50 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Ken's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.