Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM..Kashka's Emerald Spire Campaign

Game Master Andrew Torgerud


1 to 50 of 2,761 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush

Game by invite only.

Pathfinder Module: The Emerald Spire Superdungeon

Secrets None Will Survive!
For ages untold, a gemstone monolith has pierced the heart of the Echo Wood. Now, as civilization intrudes upon this enigmatic splinter, a strange life once again stirs in the depths—one with ties to undying evils and a might beyond time itself. The promise of wealth and power calls to glory-seekers from across the Inner Sea region, tempting them into a labyrinth of monster-haunted vaults, defiled tombs, arcane laboratories, and worse, as they seek to unveil the secrets locked below the legendary Emerald Spire.

Pathfinder Module: The Emerald Spire Superdungeon is the largest adventure ever set in the world of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Designed for characters of a wide range of levels, this megadungeon opens with challenges appropriate for 1st-level characters and can carry parties to 13th level or higher. Within this deadly super-adventure, you'll find:
Lethal dungeon levels crafted by the creators of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and a host of fantasy gaming's greatest authors and designers.

Written by Keith Baker, Rich Baker, Wolfgang Baur, Jason Bulmahn, Ed Greenwood, Tim Hitchcock, James Jacobs, Nicolas Logue, Erik Mona, Frank Mentzer, Chris Pramas, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Michael A. Stackpole, Lisa Stevens, and James L. Sutter
Cover Art by Jesper Ejsing


In dark shadows of the trees of the Echo Wood a figment slowly takes shape. Little more than a cloud of fog in the rain. Yet as it twists in breeze it appears at a moment to be the shape of an elf. Dwarf. Orc. Bird-man. Many of the shapes of the races of the world can be momentarily seen in the wisps. In the end, one will gain strength and solid form...


boo

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

HERITICS BEWARE

The Exchange

Male CG Ranger 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 (15 Tch, 18 FF) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +6 (+8 in urban)) | Perception +12 (+14 in urban), S.M. +13 | Speed 30ft | CI Arrows 9/45, CLW wand: 19, Pearl of Power I: 1/2, Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Resist Fire 10, Haste, Bless

"Where is everyone? I was told to report to the Echo Wood, and here I am. Have to stop and get a couple of more items, now that I have a real bow, but that shouldn't be an issue."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

"I bought some new banded mail Robin. It's a bit snug, but it should do the trick. Where is Spanky?"


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush

The team of newly graduated pathfinders find themselves with a new mission - one that is no rookie assignment. They prepare to depart Absalom...

Scarab Sages

Male Elf NG Bard 3 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 v. Enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 0/11 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: Bless, Inspire. | Reroll: 0/1

Spyridon purchases his new gear from various markets in town, fetches a wand from a wizened sage far past his life expectancy, then stops by the Arcanamirium to find a reference book - one to help him identify items and artifacts better.

Armed better - with a carefully forged longsword and a longbow instead of a shortbow - he has a more confident stride, though the chain shirt he has is a bit heavy. His Wayfinder is proudly displayed as he seeks his companions once more - Eddie in tow.

The Exchange

Male CN Kellid, Druid 6 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 18 (11 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft (30ft)| Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3 | Wild Shape 2/2 | Active conditions:

Yon casts about Absalom, Rbuod by his side, as he procures items he needs to improve his chances of uncovering the secrets of the Emerald Spire, and it's ominous presence in the forests of is home.

He passes through the library and tries to make heads and tails of the building, feeling close to wisdom in it's rows of scrolls and shelves of books. But the feeling is of dead wisdom, to him the pages whisper like the skulls a witch would talk to. So he passes through without finding any deep details of the Spire.

Finding his companions he says, "Spryidon. Agriever. Vala. I must leave the city. Finish your preparations. I must leave the city. Robin will find me."

Outside the city Yon speaks, "Brother, do you have what you need?

The Exchange

Male CG Ranger 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 (15 Tch, 18 FF) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +6 (+8 in urban)) | Perception +12 (+14 in urban), S.M. +13 | Speed 30ft | CI Arrows 9/45, CLW wand: 19, Pearl of Power I: 1/2, Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Resist Fire 10, Haste, Bless

Somewhat surprised that his brother spoke to him before he came out of hiding after tracking him down, Robin says. "Of course I do, Yon,p. Just debating getting some scale mail instead of the studded leather. Better protection, but will slow me down. "

The Exchange

Female CN Human Rogue 7 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl, +2 traps) | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +10(+2 traps), W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11/14, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Trap Spotter

Vala rummages through town making some purchases. Meeting up with her comrades.

"Spyridon. How about you and I go to the library. Maybe check out a few maps of the region near the tower.. the Echo Wood. Fort Inevitable. Abernard Royst. And the Emerald Spire itself. The library is bound to have some information on these things.

Agriever. Robin. Maybe you could head to the docks? See what ships are coming and going. See if anyone's heard anything about the Emerald Spire. The Echo Wood. Or this Abernard Royst character.

I'm figuring we'll take a ship then see about getting some horses to make the rest of the journey.

What do you guys think?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

Agriver nods solemnly at his friends.

”It would be good to learn what we can of the echo wood and what these recent changes are. My dreams had the celestial show glimpses of Aroden and the Azlanti. It would make sense given the pull I felt toward the murals in the gillman cave. It would appear the gods have our fates intertwined… for something perilous but …. Glorious.”

Adjusting his various weapons and the leather straps on his new splint mail, he motions for Robin to accompany him toward the docks per Vala’s suggestion.

”Let’s see if we can scare up a ride then?”

The paladin smiles and proceeds toward the shipyards.

Kn: Local: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Huzzah for untrained knowledges!

Scarab Sages

Male Elf NG Bard 3 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 v. Enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 0/11 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: Bless, Inspire. | Reroll: 0/1

"The Library! Yes, of course. I know a bit of the wood, but perhaps there's some more mundane history to be found. Historical figures are somewhat boring, you know? It's the events that are exciting!"

Spyridon will look up anything he can in the library, focusing on any unusual events and magical happenings.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush
Agriver Rall wrote:


Adjusting his various weapons and the leather straps on his new splint mail, he motions for Robin to accompany him toward the docks per Vala’s suggestion.

”Let’s see if we can scare up a ride then?”

The paladin smiles and proceeds toward the shipyards.

Huzzah for untrained knowledges!

i will assume diplomacy instead for gather info

Agriver is able to find two ships commissioned by the society. One heading to Almas in Andoran, the other to Cassomir in Taldor.society paid means no fee


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush

With Vala's help, Spyridon is able to uncover some information regarding Fort Inevitable and the Emerald Spire.

Fort Inevitable, excerpt one wrote:
Fort Inevitable stands on the rolling plains near the West Sellen River, close to the forest. This is a rich and gentle land; the town is surrounded by green pastures and wide, golden fields of grain. A strong stone wall with battlements and gatehouses protects Fort Inevitable...
Fort Inevitable, Pathfinder Journal wrote:
Nothing epitomizes the essential nature of Fort Inevitable as aptly as the stone citadel of the Hellknights, which looms over the town. There is no difference between martial law and civil authority in Fort Inevitable. The senior officer of the garrison rules as the lord or lady commander, directly overseeing civic administration as well as exercising military command. The current commander is a stern, middle-aged Chelish woman named Paralictor Audara Drovust. She is the commanding officer of the Order of the Pike’s chapter in the Crusader Road region, ruler of the Citadel, high magistrate tax assessor, director of public works, keeper of the treasury, and chief regulator of business and commerce.
History of Fort Inevitable wrote:

In the spring of 4681, a Hellknight named Emos Varden passed through Southwood shortly after a gang of brigands had set fire to several farmhouses on the outskirts of town and carried off the hapless families living there. Varden belonged to the Order of the Pike; he was bound for the Worldwound to battle against demonic hordes and wasn’t particularly interested in troubles with outlaws. But the people of Southwood scraped together enough gold to hire him as their protector, and Varden decided his crusade could begin here.

Varden and his 30 seasoned troops embarked on a months-long campaign of viciously eradicating banditry wherever they found it. Any brigands his forces found on the road were killed and nailed to trees as a warning to others. By the beginning of summer, no outlaw dared show his face within 20 miles of Southwood.

When the town council approached Varden to offer their gratitude and payment, the Hellknight announced that he would not be continuing to Mendev. During his campaign, he had realized the need to secure the region for other pilgrims and crusaders on their way to the northern battles. He announced the establishment of a Hellknight stronghold and informed Southwood’s council that he was placing the town under martial law. Taking the title “lord commander” to signify his command of the Hellknight garrison and his obligation to protect the town, Varden dissolved the town council and began construction of a permanent citadel—Fort Inevitable, named for the inevitability of order’s triumph.

Emerald Spire lore, excerpt one wrote:
The history of the Emerald Spire is largely unknown in this day and age. Few scholars have ever studied the place—as far as the local people of the River Kingdoms are concerned, it’s enough to know that the Spire is old, strange, and dangerous.
Emerald Spire, excerpt two wrote:
The Emerald Spire stands in a broad, raised clearing in the southwest reaches of the Echo Wood. This open area is known locally as the Spire Glen. The glen is almost perfectly circular and centered on the Emerald Spire, as if some unseen hand had long ago drawn a border around the old tower with a compass more than 500 yards wide. The trees of the Echo Wood crowd up against this unseen border and suddenly halt—nothing larger than a sapling grows in the Glen.
Emerald Spire, excerpt three wrote:

Six miles northeast of Fort Inevitable lies one of the deepest and strangest dungeons to be found anywhere in the lands of the Inner Sea—the Emerald Spire. Like an iceberg, this weird structure shows only a small portion of itself above the surface; level upon level of hidden vaults and mysterious crypts lie buried deep below the ground. Few of the people living in Fort Inevitable or the surrounding lands have even the slightest inkling of the dungeon’s true extent, let alone its astounding age.

Standing in a wide clearing within the Echo Wood, the Emerald Spire is the ruin of a large Azlanti tower that appears to be made of green glass harder than stone. The upper portions of the tower were destroyed long ago, leaving broken, half-melted glass blocks lying jumbled around the tower’s perimeter and the ground nearby. The site is well known to locals from both Fort Inevitable and Thornkeep, and many travelers passing through the Crusader Road area make the trek into the forest to look on the ruins—from a safe distance. The Spire’s ruins are known to be infested with dangerous monsters, and the surroundings attract an unhealthy number of bandits, raiders, and hungry predators.

Vala also turns up a drawing of Fort Inevitable and a sketch of the Citadel. See Tactical Map

Scarab Sages

Male Elf NG Bard 3 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 v. Enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 0/11 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: Bless, Inspire. | Reroll: 0/1

"Hellknights... boring," Spyridon mumbles as he flips through books. "Azlanti though, that's interesting."

Raising his voice as loud as he dares: "Vala, have you ever encountered Azlanti ruins? Maybe one of those famous people did..." Spyridon heads over to the chronicles, looking for any records of Azlanti ruins - traps, dangers, architectural commonalities.

"I don't suppose the Society would give me a few months to learn the language, do you?" Spyridon jokes.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

"Hellknights... while I do not condone some of their practices - their ethic in following the laws of the land could work in our favor. I have dealt with them in some detail during my fathers trade missions."

Listening to Spyridon make mention of the Azlanti ruins, he comments - "During our most recent adventure we visiting something along those lines. The spire however I believe will be much more in depth - there will be many mysteries, dangers, and stories for you my bardic friend."

Looking around at the rest of the group that has gathered. "Which ship should we take? While we travel - if you like I can tell you some tales of the Hellknights, and educate on some of their local customs if you like."

Glancing at Robin - "Is a sea voyage to your liking? I have heard rangers can sometimes lack the sea legs eh?" the paladin chuckles.

The Exchange

Male CG Ranger 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 (15 Tch, 18 FF) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +6 (+8 in urban)) | Perception +12 (+14 in urban), S.M. +13 | Speed 30ft | CI Arrows 9/45, CLW wand: 19, Pearl of Power I: 1/2, Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Resist Fire 10, Haste, Bless

"Hellknights... uptight a@+~%$#s who only want to impose their will over others. So freaking annoying.

"A sea voyage? You know we had to take one already to get here, right? I'd say we should make our way up river from Varisia as far north as we can go. Then we hoof it from there. Sound good?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

"Travel, and the paths from point to point are Yon and your area of expertise. I leave you to it. Lead on."

The Exchange

Female CN Human Rogue 7 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl, +2 traps) | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +10(+2 traps), W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11/14, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Trap Spotter

To Spyridon "Azlanti? No clue"

At Robin's comment, "Varisia?" Vala asks, pulling out a sketch she made of a basic world map she was perusing at the Library. "I think that might be a bit out of the way... And by a bit. I mean a lot.

Ship to Cassomir. Then river boat up to the River Kingdoms.

Or ship to Almas and make a long land trip up.

About 1,000 miles either way - after the sea ship. More of a question of whether to do a 1k river boat trip after that, or a 1k land trek."


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush

The ships leave the next morning.

Spyridon continues to make the most of his time by researching the books on old Azlant. He makes his way to the Grand Lodge and finds the vault of Pathfinder Chronicles. He spends a couple hours re-reading Chronicle #1 - "an account Durvin Gest’s exploration of the ruins of Azlant". He finds great insight into their basic grammar structure, as well as some basic historical facts. But nothing relevant specifically to the Emerald Spire.

Agriver recalls multiple "Orders" of Hellknights, including Order of the Nail, Order of the Gate and Order of the Pyre. He does not, however, recall meeting anyone of the Order of the Pike. Refer to Page 266 of the Inner Sea World Guide for Agriver's knowledge of Hellknights in general, and these three orders.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

Agriver will request that Spyridon bring him anything he can find on the Order of the Pike. While he gathers his belongings he will review his fathers notes on the Hellknights - and their holds.

"I do recall meeting a knight when I was a child who belonged to the Order of the Nail - he was very imposing..." the paladin mutters nobody particular.

As he will be at sea, his armor will be stowed and the garb of choice will be his nobles clothes. All of his weapons will be kept with the rest of his gear. Save that of his greatsword - which he will sharpen and oil until the rest of the group assembles.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush

As Spyridon ignores the Paladin's obnoxious delegation, Agriver looks around for the books. He manages to find a book on Hellknights' customs and history that would make a fantastic reference book. Masterwork Tool for Diplomacy when dealing with Hellknights and their servants

He also finds a Pathfinder Chronicle dealing with Hellknights in Varisia - with a short reference to a group of Hllknights from multiple Orders banding together against a lawless group of bandits organized against them. The Lictor of the Order of the Pike was chosen to lead this crusade because of the Order of the Pike's reputation and experience fighting the lawless enemies and monsters threatening Humankind.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush

river kingdoms Tuesday! Assuming 3 people agree on a travel itinerary...

The Exchange

Male CG Ranger 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 (15 Tch, 18 FF) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +6 (+8 in urban)) | Perception +12 (+14 in urban), S.M. +13 | Speed 30ft | CI Arrows 9/45, CLW wand: 19, Pearl of Power I: 1/2, Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Resist Fire 10, Haste, Bless

any route is fine by me. Boats are faster, though, right?

Scarab Sages

Male Elf NG Bard 3 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 v. Enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 0/11 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: Bless, Inspire. | Reroll: 0/1

Nose deep in books, Spyridon simply waves his hand and mutters as Vala is describing possible routes, seemingly agreeing on the boat trip rather than overland.

The Exchange

Female CN Human Rogue 7 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl, +2 traps) | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +10(+2 traps), W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11/14, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Trap Spotter

Vala shrugs. "I vote the riverboat route. Seems like it might be a bit faster"

Vala looks at her hand drawn map. I should probably learn to do this better.... In the meantime, "I'm going to go buy a proper map, before we depart. Something tells me that might come in handy...."


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush

The party sets sail the next morning in high spirits. Their mission ahead of them, they head out to Cassomir.

After a brief stay, the party successfully negotiates travel up river to various ports. After a couple weeks bartering passage, the party arrives in the River Kingdoms city of Daggermark.

The party can choose to stay for a little while, or move on after a brief auto-succeed info gathering on the path to take

The Exchange

Male CG Ranger 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 (15 Tch, 18 FF) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +6 (+8 in urban)) | Perception +12 (+14 in urban), S.M. +13 | Speed 30ft | CI Arrows 9/45, CLW wand: 19, Pearl of Power I: 1/2, Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Resist Fire 10, Haste, Bless

"'Bout time we got up here, eh, bro?" Robin says to Yon. "Long trip to get us back where we started, well, almost. We are almost home, and the air is finally starting to smell right. Though Daggermark still has that reek of civilization and all that's wrong with it," It isn't that Robin was looking at Agrivar when he says that, but it feels like he was.

He checks his gear, to make sure everything has been kept in good condition, especially the pretty new bow he has. Light and supple, it could get him though a hole slew of problems, and he was sure it would. Darkwood doesn't grow is gp far north, so he was glad for that one thing he found on his trip to the south.

The air had become crisp and clean again, not that thick, smoky, humid stuff around they called air around Absalom. He was ready to stretch his legs again, to experience the wonder of his homeland.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

Setting down his pack and heavy armor, the paladin stretches out his aching back. Miles of carrying the various martial trappings of a solider has him longing for a feathered bed.

Glancing at Robin and Yon, he can see that the brothers are feeling more at home.

"It's good to be back to your homeland indeed Robin. It will only make Yon and your skills sharper. Which from what Spyridon has been regaling us about the Emerald Spire - we will surely need."

Agriver asks about around any recent changes in the land or its surroundings as they may align to the Emerald Spires recent activation.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Glancing back at the party. "Do you think that the Hell knights would have a smaller fort or waystation this far out? Perhaps we could inquire about more recent events at Fort Inevitable?"


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush

Agriver learns there really isn't a HellKnight presence anywhere near here. Just Fort Inevitable which he learns the general direction to. He is able to pinpoint the spot it should be on Vala's Area Map.

He also got quite a few dirty looks and lack of responses from some individuals asked... not to mention a few spits of tobacco in the direction of his feet.

Scarab Sages

Male Elf NG Bard 3 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 v. Enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 0/11 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: Bless, Inspire. | Reroll: 0/1

Spyridon wisely disconnects from his companions, preferring to mingle with both the civilized and less scrupulous at once.

The Elf focuses on rumors of fantastic events - the magical and wonderous that would raise the interest of the most common of men. Of course, on his way, he is willing to share more than a few stories of his own.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Perform(Oratory: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

Frowning inwardly at the apparent disrespect he has warranted from the locals, the stories of this region start to drift in from his childhood.

"Ahhh.... Daggermark."

The tales of thieves and less desirables come to mind.

"We should move on, the Fort isn't far from here. And keep a hand on your coin."


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush

The party sets out again from Daggermark overland. Following Vala's map, the trek is smooth as the Ranger and Druid navigate their homeland with ease.

As the party nears their destination, The L'il's start to feel at ease - as they notice a significant decline in strangers eyeing them and their party. Robin and Yon get the impression there are significantly less bandits in the area.

The Exchange

Male CG Ranger 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 (15 Tch, 18 FF) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +6 (+8 in urban)) | Perception +12 (+14 in urban), S.M. +13 | Speed 30ft | CI Arrows 9/45, CLW wand: 19, Pearl of Power I: 1/2, Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Resist Fire 10, Haste, Bless

"Well, Agrivar, it looks like your Hellknights have had an affect around here. So, we'll probably be a lot safer than the norm around here."

He walks next to Vala, "So it looks like you'll be safe around here... though I was gonna protect your pretty little body with my bow and blade just fine."

Throughout the march, Robin keeps splitting off to scout ahead, find good campsites, and the like. He hurries back as soon as he finds them.

The Exchange

Female CN Human Rogue 7 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl, +2 traps) | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +10(+2 traps), W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11/14, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Trap Spotter

"Oh, I am plenty able to take care of myself, thank you very much. How about you just worry about your own..." Vala glances across Robin's "L'il" form derisively "protection."

Along the way Vala will make conversation with locals, gathering information, getting a feel for the people in the region - any common problems people are having. Perceptions of banditry rates. They perceive a decrease in banditry problems since Fort Inevitable's appearance?

Kn:Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

Looking up at the clouds as the group converses, a wiry smile creeps its way onto his visage.

”While I cannot say that they are *my* Hell Knights, I can at least give them credit for providing order to this place. I understand that you and your brother prefer things a bit more wild and chaotic. But there are benefits to what they have done here. “

Remembering stories his father told him around the Order of the Nail and events that were tied to their legend, the paladin winces inwardly.

”And there are costs…….”

Glancing over at Vala and Robin’s exchange. ”It would appear you have met a wildling your training doesn’t cover my good woodsman”

As the party progresses Agriver will work to don his armor and tabard in preparation of meeting the likely coming patrols.


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush

As if on queue - as the walls of Fort Inevitable crest the rising, the sounds of horses can be heard riding the road behind you.

An impressive looking Knight in HellKnight Plate sits astride a barded warhorse. Alongside him ride 3 knights in Breastplate and wielding long spears and sheathed swords.

"Halt Strangers! Declare thy selves and thy purpose." The leader shouts forcefully and confidently.

Agriver will notice his insignia is that of the Order of the Pike.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

Raising his gauntlet in a fist, which he knows to be a proper greeting of the hell knights Agriver greets the fellow noble.

"Hail! It has been many years since I have placed eyes on one of the Order of the Pike. It is good to meet you in such a well maintained region. My name is Agriver of the Rall family of merchants a paladin of Iomadae, these are my companions Robin and Yon ‘Lil, Vala, and Spyridon.”

Waiting for a nod of acknowledgment, ”We are pathfinders and have been tasked to investigate the Azlanti ruins of the Emerald Spire. I would seek to announce our intentions to your commander per protocol if acceptable.”

Diplomacy, MC tool: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26

The Exchange

Male CG Ranger 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 (15 Tch, 18 FF) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +6 (+8 in urban)) | Perception +12 (+14 in urban), S.M. +13 | Speed 30ft | CI Arrows 9/45, CLW wand: 19, Pearl of Power I: 1/2, Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Resist Fire 10, Haste, Bless

"Yeah, what he said. We ain't bandits, just here on a mission to explore the Spire. Guess its been givin' enough folks trouble, so we're gonna end that trouble." Robin says, attempting not to sneer at the Hellknights.
diplo aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


Male Human (Minnesota) GM 3 Tactical Map - Land Rush

the Hellknight nods approvingly, lifts his visor to reveal a middle aged man. "Well met Paladin of Iomadae. The Lady Commander, Audura Drovust will receive you at Fort Inevitable. But be warned pathfinder - your organization is known for their... aggressive tactics. The Fort does not recognize the right of any self-declared adventurer to kill “villains” and seize their belongings. That’s common banditry. You would do well to secure a letter of Warrant if any of you wish to engage in such actions. A courtesy for you good knight." The Hellknight seems to be speaking matter of fact with his advice with no sense of derision in his tone.

Scarab Sages

Male Elf NG Bard 3 | HP: 17/21 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +2 (+2 v. Enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance: 0/11 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: Bless, Inspire. | Reroll: 0/1

Spyridon moves himself to the forefront to present himself and bow.

"Good knight, I must assure you that while the more aggressive members of my party may be into the slaying of villains and reclaiming of their ill-gotten belongings, our mission, in particular my mission, is one of discovery and learning. I intend for anything we find to be well documented, reported, and turned over to the proper responsible party, whether that be local historians or our own secure archives and libraries."

Aid if possible or solo Diplo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8... Spyridon's tongue becomes tied as he stutters and falls back to his elven tongue randomly between words.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

"Gratitude to you sir. May I have your name?"

Looking past the mounted soldier for a mere moment to the keep that lays beyond, his focus returns to the knight.

"We shall heed your advice. At your leave."

presuming the knight allows us on our way, I assume we will continue to our destination - post everyones chance to roleplay and all that.

Agriver gives the traditional gesture for farewell (post the knights nod to go).

The Exchange

Male CN Kellid, Druid 6 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 18 (11 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft (30ft)| Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3 | Wild Shape 2/2 | Active conditions:

Yon stands at the back of the party, arms crossed. Waiting for the nod from the Knights, recognizing their nature as sentinels of the city like he is sentinel of the forest.

"The forest grows with those who eat, not those who are eaten." he says. Then after a pause, "So in the spirit of our society we will cooperate with your laws. But I'm not putting a leash on him" he says pointing his thumb at the very statuesque Rbuod sitting tall beside him. "That'd be undignified"

The Exchange

Male CG Ranger 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 (15 Tch, 18 FF) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +6 (+8 in urban)) | Perception +12 (+14 in urban), S.M. +13 | Speed 30ft | CI Arrows 9/45, CLW wand: 19, Pearl of Power I: 1/2, Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Resist Fire 10, Haste, Bless

Robin sighs in relief when he realizes that Yon was talking about his wolf, and not him. After all, it would not be the first time Yon had done that to his little brother, and likely would not be the last. "That reminds me, I am getting hungry. Any good places to eat around here?"

The only thing Robin was more persistent on tracking down than his brother was a good meal.

The Exchange

Female CN Human Rogue 7 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl, +2 traps) | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +5, R: +10(+2 traps), W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11/14, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Trap Spotter

When out of earshot of the Knight. "Think we can manage a meal without resulting to 'banditry'?" Vala asks, jokingly (mostly).

"If so, yeah. I'm up for some food. Let's check this place out. Though I do think it might be prudent to ask about this Warrant thing in town. Think these people have enough against us (or enough to gain themselves somehow) to charge us with banditry even if someone attacked us first, unprovoked?"

The Exchange

Male CG Ranger 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 (15 Tch, 18 FF) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +6 (+8 in urban)) | Perception +12 (+14 in urban), S.M. +13 | Speed 30ft | CI Arrows 9/45, CLW wand: 19, Pearl of Power I: 1/2, Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Resist Fire 10, Haste, Bless

Robin looks at Vala in disbelief. "Warrant?" He spits at the ground as if such a thing was distasteful to him. "I guess that is the cost of allowing the devil-worshipers in... next you know they'll be issuing licenses to piss or something.

"Remind me again of why we are here, brother?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan), Paladin of Iomadae 8 | HP: 76| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: Aura Courage/Good, Light |Sense Motive: +9 | Perception:+0 | Reroll 1/1 | Lay on Hands 12/12 | Smite Evil 3/3 | Spells 2/2 | Immunities: Fear, Disease, Charm

assuming we are walking toward the keep at this point, AJ has some serious work hours right now. RetCON if need be AJ

Agriver listens to his companions and then his stomach growling as well. Looking toward the distant outline of Fort Inevitable he daydreams of his warm bed, clean clothes, and his families cook’s meals. Pulling his thoughts back from the pleasantries he re-joins the conversation.

"While the laws of the knights might not be our liking, we should adhere as it will move us toward our goal with the least amount of unneeded conflict. Also we should try to enjoy our time at the keep, it may be the last time we to enjoy the pleasantries of civilization."

Realizing that he was talking about the civilization around two woodsmen the paladin trails off, while trying to avoid glancing at Robin.

”It would be nice to … have some of us… take a bath at least.”

He continues.

"The warrant could be very handy to have on tap, in the event we encounter another patrol. My knowledge of the customs may not be met by such a hospitable member of the order next time. Having the writ would give us legal recourse…”

The Exchange

Male CN Kellid, Druid 6 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 18 (11 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft (30ft)| Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 4/4, 3rd 3/3 | Wild Shape 2/2 | Active conditions:

Yon laughs a deep hearty roar, and slaps his brother heavily on the back, "I think our armored friend here has the idea, who would have guessed a man who worships a river god could be so smelly!" And he laughs again, "Also we should find some more lore about the spire, if we can, or at least rumors that can help us. Remember, we're pathfinders now, we should explore, report, and... ... I forget what's that last one?" he trails off forgetting the motto.

The Exchange

Male CG Ranger 7 | HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 (15 Tch, 18 FF) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Init: +6 (+8 in urban)) | Perception +12 (+14 in urban), S.M. +13 | Speed 30ft | CI Arrows 9/45, CLW wand: 19, Pearl of Power I: 1/2, Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Resist Fire 10, Haste, Bless

With a shocked look Robin looks at Yon. "What do you mean, brother? We both bathed last week when we had to help the boat get off that sand bar. We smell fine. Rboud hasn't been rolling in your jacket again, has she?" He gives his brother a wink, as he knows they typically do keep just clean enough. After all, it rains all the time in the River Kingdoms.

1 to 50 of 2,761 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM..Kashka's Emerald Spire Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2018 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.