Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Jlighter's Second Darkness Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master jlighter


501 to 550 of 854 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Vesara leads the group to the assistant head masters study and knocks. While awaiting for an answer, At a time like this we would most likely never get to see the headmaster, but his assistant might be available to us.


Master

After several minutes, during which you hear frantic activity behind the door, it opens. The assistant headmaster stares out at you, very disheveled. "If you don't have any light to shed on this purple mist, please leave. An official statement will go out once we know what we're dealing with." He gives you maybe 30 seconds before he closes the door.


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6
Barnabus II wrote:


(aside to Skorabor)
"If they be guilty then they will try to conceal tha facts o it! With mages workin tah conceal who could possibly find out!"

"Or lie about what they know. You'll never know with a mage.", Skorabor replies sulkily, almost like a spoiled child.


Male Gnome Oracle 2

Skor I value your opinion. Davlamin says gently, but firmly. But we don't have any evidence the mages are doing anything nefarious. Vesara has been nothing but helpful. Remember- I came to Riddleport because I was concerned by this Blot, this shadow in the sky. The Blot was here before the Cyphermages, and i'm certain if theres anything ill-omened around, its to do with that thing in the sky. I know you were likely raised to mistrust and fear magic, but judge with your eyes and not your prejudices my friend- the purple mist floats towards the Blot, not the mages...


Master

Davlamin:
Just as a note, Dav, the Blot is a recent phenomenon. The Cyphermages have been here since Riddleport became a proper city, studying the Cypher Gate.


Male Gnome Oracle 2

Oops- too late to edit what Davlamin said now, but ignore the bit about the Blot being here before the Cyphermages :).


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6
Davlamin Jubilost wrote:
Skor I value your opinion. Davlamin says gently, but firmly. But we don't have any evidence the mages are doing anything nefarious. Vesara has been nothing but helpful. Remember- I came to Riddleport because I was concerned by this Blot, this shadow in the sky. The Blot was here before the Cyphermages, and i'm certain if theres anything ill-omened around, its to do with that thing in the sky. I know you were likely raised to mistrust and fear magic, but judge with your eyes and not your prejudices my friend- the purple mist floats towards the Blot, not the mages...

"But...", Skorabor starts and pauses while trying to come up with a good counter argument, but quiets down as he fails to do so. He goes on sulking.


Male Gnome Oracle 2

I'm not ruling it out lad- i'll help you keep an eye on them. Its certainly an avenue of investigation worth pursuing Skor...


Male Gnome Oracle 2

APG errata is out, and Nature Oracle got clarified as getting charisma to AC and CMD. Hooray for feeling justified :).


Master

I noticed that just a moment ago. I was going to give you props on being right, but it seems you beat me to it. :P


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6
Davlamin Jubilost wrote:
APG errata is out, and Nature Oracle got clarified as getting charisma to AC and CMD. Hooray for feeling justified :).

More AC than me? Skorabor sulks some more.


Male Gnome Oracle 2

I've had it the whole time and it always applied to AC- we just weren't sure about it applying to CMD.

Putting a hand encouragingly on his friend's shoulder, Davlamin speaks up to the group as a whole.

Well, I think we've investigated as far as we can for now. Back to the Goblin and our duties everyone. Samaritha, consider yourself hired- and one of your duties will be to continually watch for news from the Cyphermages.

Barnabus, Vesara, Skorabor:

At some point later in the day, Davlamin gathers you to speak to you in private.

I know my decision to take Samaritha on may not sit well with some of you- but if she IS a threat to us or the Goblin, its better we can keep her close by and in our sights. Make her feel welcome and at ease- but keep an eye open for treachery. If she IS suspect, let her think our guard is down... And the moment she slips up, we'll pounce like rabid wolves on her...


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6

Skorabor mutters a muffled "Fine" and resumes sulking. He keeps it up for the whole walk back to the Golden Goblin, too concentrated on muttering and pouting that he completely ignores the purple mist left by spell casters on the way back.

Davlamin Jubilost wrote:


** spoiler omitted **

Barnabus, Vesara, Davlamin:

"Very well", Skorabor agrees. "But no spell castin'!", he declares waving his finger dramaticly in the air.


Barnabus, Vesara, Davlamin:
"Agreed."


Male Human Witch 2

"aye we are all agreed then."


Male Gnome Oracle 2

Aye. No spellcasting, except in dire circumstances.


Male Changeling Rogue

After agreeing with plans to move beyond the Cyphers and after having memorized a few faces for his own personal ... collection, Skeith waits patiently and keeps an eye out as his party members return from talking amongst themselves. Once they're by themselves, with no one else near, to include Samaritha, Skeith looks to them.

"Anything in the works I should know about? I realize I'm not the most talented member amongst our cabal, but I'd still appreciate being kept in the loop."

Sorry, this time of year is a hassle. Will try to post more after my seven day straight work binge I'm getting ready to do. Will still be here posting though. Once again, really sorry.


Male Gnome Oracle 2

Skeith, please feel free to read all the spoilers above, I excluded you by complete accident!

Davlamin calls Skeith over to the whispered conversation and fills him in.


Female Half-Elf Transmuter 3

After being accepted into the employ of the Gold Goblin, Samaritha bows. "Thank you. I shall certainly keep an ear out for any news from the Cypher Lodge. Although admittedly, your friend there seems to have more pull with them than I do. Still, I will do what I can. Thank you, again, for hiring me. I'll do everything I can to earn my keep."


Male Changeling Rogue

Its okay. I was probably either A) Gambling, B) Terribly hiding, or C) Courting Samaritha. Reading now. -chuckles- No worries.


Master

Shortly after your return to the Gold Goblin, likely before your private conversation starts, the mist no longer manifests. Reports state that the effect lasted exactly 79 minutes, but that no real harm seems to have been caused by the purple mist. There were reports of embarrassing incidents that resulted from it manifesting, but no direct harm resulted from the mist itself. Through Samaritha, you hear that the Cyphermages have no idea what caused it, but think it likely that there's some sort of dark portent attached to the oddity, as with the Blot.


Male Gnome Oracle 2

Davlamin grows increasingly worried and contemplative at the news and often takes Moonchaser for long walks out around the city, staring up at the Blot, trepidation clearly visible in his eyes. Davlamin had a feeling that the purple mist was merely the calm before the storm, an omen before the strange blackness in the sky unleashed something upon Riddleport.

Nothing much else to add from me, ready for an update when everyone else it. Has Davlamin had time to do some mundane equipment shopping? Wants Hide Armour :P.


Master

Plenty of time, Mr. Jubilost. There's plenty of time to shop.


Male Gnome Oracle 2

Hmm on second thoughts i'm ok for now, need to save up for that mithril breastplate ;).


Male Human Witch 2

Does someone want tah cast a spell an let us see if we can detect any magic being taken from it, tha wizards are sayin it's fixed but does tha mean its not happenin or tha now it can not be seen!"


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6

Would i be able to trade in my scalemail for 25gp and then buy a chain mail for 150gp?


Male Gnome Oracle 2

Very well. Prepare a detection spell Barnabus.

Davlamin casts Guidance upon himself and then Moonchaser, who sits somewhat nonchalant beneath him.


Master

The spell doesn't register as any different from the way it should normally be. It seems that there's no longer any trace of the purple mist effect, visible or invisible.

You could, yes. Plenty of time for mundane equipment shopping.


Just throwing something out there for when you're done with your experiment.

Moving On:
As you reach the end of your second week of employment, payday comes around. Saul comes up to you, beaming. "We're doing much better this week. So, like I promised when I signed you all on, you get a bonus this week commensurate with how well we're doing."

Congrats. You've earned 20gp for this week's work.


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6

Skorabor accepts the money with a sturdy handshake."Thank ye! Yes, business has been good but i sense that there's trouble brewin'. That thug's spyn' and that devilish mist reekin' from the spell casters hands. I know a bad omen when i see one!"

"Best be prepared. I'm goin' to see if there's a blacksmith in this town that can turn some of my savings into a sturdy armor. Don't let things get out of hand while i'm gone.", says the dwarf as he heads out the front door


Male Human Witch 2

ready when you guys are....

"Thanks for the wages, partner."

DM

Spoiler:

assume I receive 19 gold, with 1 coming out for wage increase...


Master

Barnabus:
19gp, 9sp. You only argued her wages up by a sp, I thought.

Skorabor:
Depending on the views of your fellows, you probably could borrow a pinch from the party wealth and afford a Breastplate. Less weight, and less ACP.


Two days after payday, Saul comes up to you during the morning before the Gold Goblin opens to the public, looking worried. "I've got some bad news. I think Larur Feldin may be missing. He hasn't come in for work today, and he's usually here by now. I sent a runner to his house, but the door was hanging off its hinges and his place had been ransacked. The last I knew, I asked him yesterday to go to the moneylender to pay off some of the loan I took out. Now he's missing."


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6
TheMan BehindTheCurtain wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

No need. The weight doesn't bother Skorabor and he's already screwed in the skills that are effected by armor penalty :) Besides, he likes how he looks in his new shining chain mail

Saul Vancaskerkin-Jlighter wrote:
Two days after payday, Saul comes up to you during the morning before the Gold Goblin opens to the public, looking worried. "I've got some bad news. I think Larur Feldin may be missing. He hasn't come in for work today, and he's usually here by now. I sent a runner to his house, but the door was hanging off its hinges and his place had been ransacked. The last I knew, I asked him yesterday to go to the moneylender to pay off some of the loan I took out. Now he's missing."

"What?!", Skorabor exclaims. "Don't worry, Saul, we'll get 'im back from that blood hungry moneylender. Just let me get my axe and we'll be off.".


Male Gnome Oracle 2

Aye, time is of the essence- Saul if something risky like moneylending is involved send us next time. Whats the address of the house and the moneylender? Dav asks urgently as he straps his armour on and helps Skorabor to don his chain mail.


Male Human Witch 2

"This is of great import for the future, we must investigate this incident."

DM

Spoiler:

Purchased 2 combat trained dogs to guard the hallway/room at night.
Will deduct 50 gold if acceptable.


Barnabus:
If you would like to, feel free to purchase guard dogs. I don't know if chaining them up by your room is necessarily the best idea. There is a lot of property to guard on the other floors of the building. Still, your choice.

Not quite smiling, Saul nods. I thought I would be able to count on you all to be able to handle things. Lymas Smeed, the moneylender, has a townhouse over on Rat Street, on the edge of the Leeward District. There's a combination inn and tavern about two blocks up the street called Mystery of the Gate. Go up there, then turn right. Head down that street. His townhouse, which is also his place of business, will be on the left. It's across from the last building on the right before you reach a fountain. You can't miss it. Feldin's apartment is toward the end of Rat Street. Follow it to the fountain, bear left, and go all the way down. His building is fifth from the end on the left-hand side."

He eyes your preparations, and nods his head. "Thanks again, and good luck."


Male Gnome Oracle 2

Once Saul has left, Dav puts forward his plan to the others.

We don't know for sure this moneylender is involved- although it does seem likely. I suggest we head to Larur's home first of all and keep an open mind. This seems too obvious to me...


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6

"Not involved? Of course he's involved! A filthy moneylender in a place like this. He even lives on Rat street! You're to trustin', Dav.", Skorabor argues. "What's next, observin' the moneylenders townhouse?", he adds in a voice dripping with sarcasm.

"The mages are innocent. The moneylenders are innocent. Everybody's innocent. Soon you'll tell me that elves can be trusted." Skorabor continues to mutter to himself then stops as he sees Vesara. "Well... i ment the dark ones. No shame on you, miss."


Male Human Witch 2

"First it is tha mages an now tha moneylenders, methinks an equal opportunity hater we have in master skorabor...though likely he is right on both counts!"


"No shame taken, Master Boulderback."


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6

"Of course i'm right! And hatin's got nothin' to do with it. I've just been around long enough to know what's what, that's all."


Male Gnome Oracle 2

Davlamin takes a deep breath to calm himself, clearly hurt by Skorabor's words.

Too trusting? Nay Skorabor. Not trusting enough. This seems too obvious- what if that crime lord gentlemen who graced our doors set it up to look like Smeed kidnapped or killed Saul's employee- moneylenders are not in the habit of killing or making enemies of people who pay back their loans on time, its bad for business. This is the kind of behaviour you hear of when the loan isn't paid back.

Davlamin looks his stubborn friend in the eye with a steely glare.

Someone IS trying to sabotage the Gold Goblin- and what better way to do it than have us make even more enemies in Riddleport? I only ask that we check out the house first carefully- and if nothing turns up then we can pay a visit to Smeed. We have time to do both. I spent my youth agitating against these crime lords and I have no sympathy or loyalty towards them, nor any qualms about delivering natures wrath- shattering their lives and livelihoods if this Smeed has truly crossed us...


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6

Skorabor tries for a moment to fight back but Davlamin's arguments quickly overwhelms the dwarf's limited intellect. "Very well. I guess there's no harm in stopping by Larur's home", he finally admits when he's unable to present a solid counter argument.

"Just don't rule out Smeed. I've never met a money lender who wasn't up to no good.", Skorabor then adds appearently not capable of admitting that he's wrong.

Skorabor has in fact never met a money lender at all. If asked he would probably even be unable to tell you what they do.


Male Gnome Oracle 2

Noted- I look forward to seeing your axemanship on his skull if he is indeed guilty. Davlamin says somewhat darkly, Moonchaser growling in sympathy with the gnome's restrained anger.


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6

Skorabor looks puzzled at the gnome. When the party leaves the Golden Goblin he whispers to Skeith: "Is it me or is Dav actin' strange? Did i say somethin' wrong?"


Male Human Witch 2

"Fear not speaking not aright, as a demonstration the moneylenders are responsible for the blot and the mages for the theft of monies...}


Master

As you make your way to Larur Feldin's apartment, you pass by the money-lender's place of residence and business. Next to the door, you see a sign. At the top is the painted image of a stack of gold coins. Beneath, it says simply, "Rat Street Loans–by appointment only." Around the back of the building, you can see a collection of barrels, although their purpose is not apparent from this distance.

You continue down the street toward its end at the mountainous ridge surrounding this side of Riddleport. As directed, you turn into the block of flats fifth from the end on the left side. Feldin's apartment is the second one up in a building of four. The door is hanging off its hinges, but the scrape marks on the ground indicate it was hanging open before.

Upon entering:
When you drag the door open, you are greeted by a consummate mess. It is clear that this is not of Feldin's doing, as the Dwarf was always rather neat and tidy. There are things scattered about everywhere, although none of it seems to be valuable. It looks as if the place was burgled while it stood open. The sound of snoring leads you to an archway in one side of the living area. In a room adjacent to the main living area, you see a figure sprawled on the remains of a bed, apparently sleeping off a drunken stupor. The man looks as ragged as any of the squatters on the street.


Barbarian 1, 8 xp | hp 23/23, armor 1 | Str: 16 (+2), Dex: 12 (+0), Con: 15 (+1), Int: 9 (+0), Wis: 8 (-1), Cha: 13 (+1) | Effects: | Shade corruption 1/6

Skorabor readies his shield and axe and bellows: "I am Skorabor Skalfgrin Boulderback, son of Kargunt Boulderback the warlord of Stoneshire, and i demand to know what in the great halls of Torag you're doin' here!"

If he doesn't get a response he will move forward and try to wake the squatter with a brisk kick.


Male Changeling Rogue

Skeith steps in behind the rest of his group, keeping a lookout behind them as he does. When he glances inside, over Skor's head, his frown makes the comment of his distaste. "Remind me to get ahold of their interior decorator. I know a few kings that could use some pointers." Continuing into the room behind Skorabor, Skeith readied his rapier - he had dealt in strange break ins before and knew to be prepared. Leaning in to his allies, he whispered to his companions. "Going dark, just in case.

Stealth Check of 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

501 to 550 of 854 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Jlighter's Second Darkness Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.