Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM_Jacob's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Jacob DeCourcey


1 to 50 of 169 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Dot


M Halfling Bard 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18 | T 15 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +7 | Will +3 (+5 vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +8

.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard / 1
Spoiler:
Initiative: 2 / perception: +4 / HP: (8)8 / AC:15 / FF: 13 / T: 12 / Fort: +0 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +2

Dot.


dot


male Human(Varisian) Rouge (Swashbuckler) lvl 1 (Perc +3, Init +2, AC15, hp 11/11, )

yes. dot!


Medium Human (Varisian) Ranger 1

dawt


M Human Sorcerer (Fey)

Dotting for lazy justice.


The sun shines bright upon the town of Sandpoint on the morning of the Swallowtail Festival. Your caravan has arrived the night before, and almost everyone has been up since daybreak getting ready for the festivities. At 9 o'clock sharp, the mayor signals for the start of the festivities. After a few minutes to allow the townsfolk to arrive at the square before the church, Mayor Deverin begins the official proceedings.

Standing atop a makeshift stage, the mayor straighten her coat, gazes over the crowd, and begins to speak in a jovial, light-hearted tone.

Good morning, people of Sandpoint! Nearly our whole town has come out to this fine festival and inauguration. Even our good tanner Larz has made his way out of the shop to grace us with his presence.

The crowd cheers and laughs at this not-terribly-funny joke, but spirits are high and everyone is ready for a day of nothing but fun. Larz, of course, is less than thrilled.

Now, for five years the faithful of Sandpoint have met in makeshift structure while they awaited the rebuilding of their church after the great fire. Today, finally, the new cathedral is complete! All that remains now is for the blessing of the Swallowtail festival to rain down upon the church and bless its walls. By dinner tonight, it will be as if the great fire never happened!

The crowd erupts with gladness — even those who do not worship at the church of Sandpoint. The fire and the consequent events are a terrible black spot on the memories of the townsfolk, and they are eager for the occasion to put them away.

The Sheriff, Belor Hemlock, makes his way onto the stage and makes a few dour remarks about proper bonfire safety and litter, but he is largely ignored by the people, who have no patience for such dull talk. He mentions that Lonjiku Kaijitsu is ill today, and will not be speaking next. Instead, Cyrdak Drokkus, the local showman gives the closing remarks. He gives a long, slightly irreverent, but highly entertaining account of the many trials leading up to the rebuilding of the Sandpoint Cathedral, and closes with a shameless plug for his new production, "The Harpy's Curse." Finally, Father Zantus, the new churchman, very briefly thanks eveyone and dismisses them to enjoy themselves.

The festival takes off in full swing. There are games, free lunch courtesy of the local taverns, and merchants galore.

Anyone who cares to may try a game. Just make an opposing roll to the one in spoilers and narrate the results yourself.

Sack race:
Dexterity roll v. 1d20 ⇒ 20

Grain bag throwing:
Strength roll v. 1d20 ⇒ 11

Balance beam:
Acrobatics roll v. 1d20 ⇒ 2

Target booth:
Ranged attack roll with sling v. 1d20 ⇒ 16

There is also a "guess the beans in the jar" contest. Everyone may make one guess from 100-200.

This is also a good time to get to know any townsfolk. Make a charisma roll and then read the spoilers for [roll/3] townsfolk of your choosing that you meet during the fun.

Kendra Deverin:
Kendra is the mayor of Sandpoint. She is firm, but friendly, and does a good job of being a figurehead, especially considering the fact that she's unmarried.

Belor Hemlock:
Belor is the sheriff of Sandpoint. Belor came into his role after his predecessor was killed in the line of duty and is respected very much by the townsfolk. His brother owns the White Deer Inn.

Abstalar Zantus:
Abstalar is the local preist, a cleric of Desna. The old priest died in the fire that destroyed the old church. Abstalar also advises other worshipers about matter of all faiths and gods.

Titus Scarnetti:
Titus is a prominent local businessman who owns the lumber mills in the area. He is a stickler for tradition, and holds a small grudge against the current mayor for winning te last election against him.

Ethram Valdemar:
Ethram is the patriarch of the Valdemar family, which owns the fishing industry in Sandpoint. He is one of the oldest people in town, but his days are numbered by a persistent lung issue.

Ameiko Kaijitsu:
Ameiko owns the Rusty Dragon, the go-to spot in Sandpoint for good food and new faces. Her beauty and musical talent make her quite to popular character around town, except with the competition, whom she has beaten for many years running at the Swallowtail lunch, including this one.

Shalelu Andosana:
Shalelu is part bounty hunter, part mercenary, part wanderer. She passes through Sandpoint a few times each season to resupply and give information about the surrounding lands to the mayor and sheriff.

Brodert Quink:
Brodert is the town's local scholar and sage. He claims to have been tutored by dwarves, archivists, and mages, but his current obsession is with ancient Thassilonian ruins.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard / 1
Spoiler:
Initiative: 2 / perception: +4 / HP: (8)8 / AC:15 / FF: 13 / T: 12 / Fort: +0 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +2

Guess the beans - 142
Target Booth 1d20 ⇒ 4
Charisma rolls
Belor 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Abstalar 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Ameiko 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

After the opening speeches, Zella decides to wander around a bit and finds herself in front of the target booth. Picking up a sling, she attempts to hit the target, but her shot somehow goes straight up in the air and she takes a quick step back to avoid the stone on its way back down. Quite embarrassed by her attempt, she decides to give up on the games for now and go find some interesting people to talk to and maybe some cute guys to flirt with.


Male Human (Chelaxian roots) Ranger 11 [ HP: 91/91 | AC: 25 T: 14 FF: 22 CMD: 26 | F: +11 R: +16 W: +8 | Init: +5 Perc: +14 (G: +16) (U: +18) (Giants: +18) | Hunter's Tricks: 5/5 |]

Grain bag toss: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Sack Race: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Balance Beam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Target Booth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

His stint with the games finished, Ventus puts his armor back on, wincing from where he whacked his knee during the sack race. It was all good fun and the locals were friendly enough. He caught sight of some of the more important folks around town and avoided them some since the last thing he wanted to do was make the town's movers and shakers unhappy in some way.

Instead he spotted Zella in the crowd and waved to her.


Oh, sorry. I guess I was a bit unclear on the rules for meeting people. I wanted you to make a CHA check and then divide the result by three to determine how many people you were able to meet and then just look at that many spoilers of your choosing. for example, Zella'a first roll of 10 would have resulted in 10/3 = 3.3 people for her to meet. Sorry for the confusion.

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

Noro finishes up at the cravan finally tightening up on that loos wheel spoke before it would finally give-way There now letsh she if you come looshe now she says to the wheel pratically issueing a challenge to the wagon.

wiping her hands on her shirt as she walks away she hears the sound of creaking wood followed by a <SNAP> Noro glances back and the opposite wheel spoke has snapped in half

Noro then spouts out a litany of varisian curses at the wagon and the wheel and just walks off into town hoping to find something better to occupy her time. looking for some old familiar (and friendly) faces.

Taking in the sights of the festival Noro catches out of the corner of her eye a very familiar face, one she would rather not deal with at the moment... her father.

She quickly manuvers among the crowd to loose him before he notices her.

Noro makes her way to the grain sack toss and watches a feew of the men try their had at it.

Noro goes in to give it her best. among the jeers of some of her old co-workers at the Sandpoint docks.

Strength check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

The hecklers in the crowd soon go silent as she easily out distances all of them. and she step aside proudly confident she "still got it"

Charisma check 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7


Female Human (Varisian) Bard / 1
Spoiler:
Initiative: 2 / perception: +4 / HP: (8)8 / AC:15 / FF: 13 / T: 12 / Fort: +0 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +2

Sorry, guess I misread that as making a check for each of 3 of those people listed.


M Human Sorcerer (Fey)

Tired from a long night's sleep and bumping into some people and being forced to converse with them, Arduino ignores the events and finds a quiet spot on the grass near the square to kip on. Lowering his hat brim to cover his face, he tries to nap.

Charisma:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


male Human(Varisian) Rouge (Swashbuckler) lvl 1 (Perc +3, Init +2, AC15, hp 11/11, )

Sylvan had been shocked when he had first returned to Sandpoint three years ago to find the chapel he remembered from his childhood gone. Those few years in Sandpoint so long ago had been a happy time for him and he liked to think that if his family had stayed in things would have been better than they were.
The new Cathedral was impressive though. The builder the town contracted to construct the Cathedral obviously new his trade.
Sylvan was at ease among the crowd confident that no one would recognize him as the five year old boy that once lived here. He had already spoken to those that remembered his father well enought to see him in his son. They knew his story and he had no fear of betrayal from them. The local sczarni might betray him to Jaster Frallino but none of them had known his father and so would not recognize his son.
He wandered through the crowd stopping to play a few of the games, and Make a guess at the number of beans in the jar.

bean guess: 173

Sack race: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
target booth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Sylvan was able to easily win one the sack races, defeating several locals and adventus another man from Elrics caravan. It was nice to see him lightening up and having some fun he was usually so serious. Sylvan also tried his hand at the target booth but could not hit the target with the sling bullet.

Charisma check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
12/3=4

Sylvan spends a few minutes talking to Father Zantus. The priest is a good friend and one of the few people that know who he really is. Sylvan compliments his on his new cathedral and teases him telling him to try not to burn this one down.

He spends a few minutes flirting with Ameiko Kaijitsu a beautiful Tian woman that owns the Rusty Dragon tavern.

does she flirt back? Charisma check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Sylvan also manages a polite introduction to Kendra Deverin the mayor of Sandpoint and Sheriff Belor Hemlock, both good people to know. After mingling with the crowd for a bit Sylvan finds a dice game and sets to trying to make some money for the caravan.

profession gambler 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Sylvan will wager up to 20 silver pieces in the game. POOP! looks like the dice are against him


M Halfling Bard 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18 | T 15 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +7 | Will +3 (+5 vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +8

Nicat turns away from the stage where the same old folks who used to blather on at Sandpoint gatherings are blathering on at this one, and casts an eager eye toward the games. He’s grown a bit tired of the games the caravan has to offer, and hopes there will be something new and fun, or at least a chance to show off all he’s learned in his travels since leaving Sandpoint.

The balance beam is nothing new, but he’s watched the acrobats that recently joined the caravan pretty closely, and he thinks he can try out a backwards roll he’s seen them do, but he’ll do it on the balance beam!

Acrobatics check1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Waiting for a break in the crowd of people waiting their turn, Nicat shouts ”Watch this!”, rolling backwards onto the beam, into a handstand, and dropping into a slightly wobbly roll off the beam. The crowd around him cheers his effort as he springs off the ground, and he smiles and waves as he moves through the crowd.

Heading to a table set up by the balance beam, he sees a jar of beans with a sign saying “Guess How Many Beans, Win a Prize!”

Turning to a young boy standing by the table, Nicat says ”What’s your guess? I’ll guess the same! Perhaps Desna has blessed us both.” The boy shyly says “123” and Nicat turns to the woman collecting guesses, saying ”The boy and I both guess 123. Good luck to us both, lad!”

Turning around, he notices that some of the more prominent townsfolk are regarding him with a slightly different eye than when they worried he’d break the town bell at the winter festival. Nicat decides he’ll seize the moment and chat up a few.

”Hmm, perhaps I’ll steer clear of the mayor and Sheriff Hemlock. I want folks here to notice me, but having those two be aware of me has never done me much by way of good.” thinks Nicat. ”But the rest of them seem to be smiling at me as if glad I’m back. Let’s see what they have to say.”

Charisma check1d20 ⇒ 19
Spoilers from all but Deverin and Hemlock

Nicat looks about for Eleshanto, having offered to buy him a pint of decent ale before he gets any ideas about drinking the Hagfish's water, or any of his other caravan-mates. For all that he's pleased to be back in Sandpoint, he finds he wants his new friends from the caravan around him.


Medium Human (Varisian) Ranger 1

Zestlian is in high spirits after the Mayor's speech. This can't help but be a great day.

At the grain toss he emits a low whistle of appreciation at Noro's performance and then steps up for a try.

Grain Toss: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
"Ha!" he barks in triumph, but quickly dials it back a little.
"My bag looked a little smaller Noro."He's only joking, but he feels uncomfortable gloating.

Next he tries the target booth, full of confidence having handled ranged weapons since he was a child.
Target Booth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
But he's not so great with slings. Full of swagger he whips the sling around only to lose his grip and have the whole thing go spinning away from him. He stands motionless for a moment, hand still in the air, eyes shifting from left to right.
"Nobody saw that, right?

Maybe it's time to hit a tavern. On his way he glances at a jar of beans. "One hundred fifty-five!" He calls over his shoulder.

Charisma: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18
18/3=6

The festival spirit has made Zestlian unusually chatty.

He talks to the Mayor, praising her speech.
He discusses religion with Father Zantus.
He tells Sheriff Hemlock he'll help out any time its needed.
He gushes at Ameiko Kaijitsu for a while.
Shalelu Andosana looks like a fellow traveler. He corners her for a while with youthful blather.
He bumps into Brodert Quink and spends a few minutes asking naive questions about Thassilonian ruins.

At length he finds himself very thirsty and resolves to find some of his friends. Finding Ardunio trying to sleep he tries to rouse him with a swift kick.

"Oh come on! You don't have to toss any grain or whatever. I think some of the others are going to check out the Hagfish. Something about trying not to puke."

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

Noro glares at Zestlian for beating her at the grain bag toss trying to control her anger she takes a few deep breathes and she follows him to the target shooting and just as he is about the let the stone fly she punches him in the arm causing him to throw the whole sling down range.

Noro lets out a little giggle at his performance and takes a shot
target shoot 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

She looks to Zestlian with a look "now we are even"

thats how you shoot


male Human(Varisian) Rouge (Swashbuckler) lvl 1 (Perc +3, Init +2, AC15, hp 11/11, )

Having no luck at the dice Sylvan gives up and starts wandering around the square examining the items the merchants have on display. He spends a few coppers on a pastry, and stops to examine the bowyers wares. He can't afford the bows on display but he enjoys handling them and testing their draw.


M Halfling Bard 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18 | T 15 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +7 | Will +3 (+5 vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +8

Failing to find Eleshanto, Nicat notices Sylan admiring the bowyer's handiwork, and an idea strikes him.

"Sylvan's a crack shot with that bow. I bet we could attract a little positive attention for the caravan if I got him to show off a bit. Now, to find a target..."

Nicat looks about and spots a nearby fruitseller, who provides him with a fine, ripe mushmelon in exchange for a few coppers. Heading to a tree at the edge of the clearing, just past the bowyer's stand, he scrambles up to its highest branches, the melon making his ascent a bit awkward.

Climb check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 - 2 for the melon = 12

Drawing a dagger, Nicat manages to balance on a branch and carve a crude face into the side of the melon.

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

He then nestles the melon in a cleft between two high limbs and calls out: "Hey Sylvan! Bet you can't hit this squishy little goblin head from there!"

Nicat moves a few inches away from the target and balances on a thin brach, waving for Sylvan to take his shot.


Eleshanto is thrilled to get a little break from the usual routine and dives into the festival. After enduring the speeches, a gaggle of young girls who recognize him from a previous visit drag him off to the sack races giggling the whole way. Hoping to gracefully slip away, Eleshanto hops enthusiastically into a sack and then immediately manages to fall on his face. Laughing, he wryly comments "Girls, I don't think this one is for me. Have a great time and be sure to stop by the caravan later. We should have some fun new things to check out."
Sack Race Dexterity 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

He begins weaving his way through the crowds, hoping to spot Nicat and see about getting into some trouble, but spots the bean count along the way and decides to hazard a guess of 146.
Guess the beans 1d100 + 100 ⇒ (46) + 100 = 146

Hoping to catch up on events in Sandpoint while tracking down Nicat, he meanders about the grounds, chatting with various locals, including Kendra, Abstalar, Ameiko, Shalelu, and Brodert.
Charisma check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 =5

Looking up, Eleshanto finally spots Nicat up in the tree, "Ha, should have known I would need to look up to find you. Trying to break your neck again or just get skewered by Sylvan? I bet we can get a pretty good crowd watching you take your life into Desna's hands up there."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard / 1
Spoiler:
Initiative: 2 / perception: +4 / HP: (8)8 / AC:15 / FF: 13 / T: 12 / Fort: +0 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +2

Zella happens to wander near as she hears Eleshanto hollering up at Nicat. "Nicat, you had best not be falling out of that tree or doing anything foolhardy. I do not intend to spend this lovely festival day cooped up in a wagon and tending to your injuries."


M Halfling Bard 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18 | T 15 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +7 | Will +3 (+5 vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +8

"What are you guys worried about? Have a little faith in our friend with the bow and the Lady Desna? What's the worst that could happen?"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard / 1
Spoiler:
Initiative: 2 / perception: +4 / HP: (8)8 / AC:15 / FF: 13 / T: 12 / Fort: +0 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +2

"Do you really want a fortuneteller making dire predictions about your health?"


Medium Human (Varisian) Ranger 1

Earlier~

Zestlian rubs his arm absently and meets Noro's gaze with bemusement.

I may have gotten off easy here.

"Yep. That was quite a shot. Seen any of the others? I'm sure Ardunio is asleep under a wagon or something around here."

Later~

About to aim another kick at Ardunio Zestlian hears a commotion from across the square.

"Uh, admirable zeal there Nicat, though I'm sure Desna wouldn't mind you augmenting luck with some common sense. Still, fortune favors the bold, if not the foolhardy quite so often. Go ahead Sylvan, pick one of them to skewer. The melon or the nut."


male Human(Varisian) Rouge (Swashbuckler) lvl 1 (Perc +3, Init +2, AC15, hp 11/11, )

Nicat! Sylan calls Which squishy little goblin head do you bet I can't hit? The one in the tree or yours?

Sylvan turns to the Bowyer. Do you mind if I try out this bow, and humor the lunatic.

The Bowyer laughs Go ahead, maybe you be lucky, and hit that fool boy instead of that poor melon.

Sylvan takes an arrow from the table and sets it to the bowstring.

Last chance to back out Nicat! he calls to the young man in the tree. Not waiting for Nicat to reply he draws the shortbow. The fletching of the arrow touches his cheek and he lets out a slow breath before releasing the string.

Ranged:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

The arrow speeds on its way neatly spitting the melon and knocking it from its rest in the tree.

Now bring the arrow back! If it is broken you are paying for it.
Sylvan thanks the Bowyer for the use of the fine bow and compliments him on the smooth draw.
damn fool boy! I could have killed him if I had missed! Sylvan takes a deep breath to steady his nerves and does his best to ignore the reaction of the surrounding crowd.
Next time, I am not going to go along with his foolish game. He promises himself.


Eleshanto looks around at the gathering crowd and grins. "If you want to see more of that outstanding shooting, be sure to stop by the caravan tonight. Flaming arrows! See Sylvan shoot an arrow through an apple! You won't believe your eyes! And you won't believe what he has planned for Nicat! Come one, come all!"


The townspeople are all very enamored by these fun-loving newcomers, and just about everyone get a few come-ons from the more exuberant young men and women of Sandpoint. One girl nearly fainted when Sylvan shot at the melon, but ended up recovering just in time to flirt excessively with Nicat, of all people! Even Arduino gets pestered by a few ladies.

Ameiko's curry salmon is easilty the best free lunch offered, but the White Deer's peppercorn venison is excellent, too.

Noro's father almost certainly makes eye contact with her, but apparently decided not to open any cans of worms right now.

Cyrdak Drokkus, the entertainer, announces the bean count at mid-afternoon. And the number of beans in the jar is...

Other people's guesses::

1d100 + 100 ⇒ (55) + 100 = 155
1d100 + 100 ⇒ (40) + 100 = 140
1d100 + 100 ⇒ (71) + 100 = 171
1d100 + 100 ⇒ (69) + 100 = 169
1d100 + 100 ⇒ (77) + 100 = 177

1d100 + 100 ⇒ (12) + 100 = 112!!

Nicat and the boy who guessed with him are both awarded 25 gold pieces. The boy, called Arny, looks like he could just explode from seeing that much gold in his hands, but he very kindly shares some with all 8 of his family members.

A big thanks to the Valdemar family for donating the prize money!

Eventually, a sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a n earby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human . The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

Perception DC 12:
The creature is a horrid goblin! How did it get in here?

Suddenly, a pack of three goblins jump out from a covered wagon across the square and begin hacking left and right. One of Arny's sisters is right in their path!

The crowd is panicked and it's difficult to move quickly. It will take 2 rounds for any of you reach the goblins, and a ranged attack will be at a -6 penalty for shooting through the crowd.

Initiative
Eleshanto 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Sylvan 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Zestlian 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Zella 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Nicat 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Noro 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Arduino 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Ventus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Goblins 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Anyone who makes the perception check may act in the first round in any order, followed by the goblins. Then, regular initiative starts, beginning with Nicat and Sylvan together, then the goblins.


M Halfling Bard 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18 | T 15 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +7 | Will +3 (+5 vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +8

Nicat collects a small piece of melon stuck to the tree and pops it in his mouth. He drops onto the branch he is standing on and then shimmies down the trunk, nearly falling off part-way down.

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Broken arrow check, 1-3 = broken 1d6 ⇒ 6

He collects the more intact half of the wrecked melon, pierced by the undamaged arrow. He begins to make his way over to Sylvan to congratulate him on his shot and offer him a snack, when the winners of the bean jar contest are announced.

Thrilled at the news that he and Arny have won the contest, Nicat cries out "My friends, Desna clearly loves me well! Dinner is on me tonight, at the place of your choosing!"

Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Nicat turns quickly on hearing the strange, inhuman sounds. Noting the goblins, he drops the sticky mess he's carrying, draws his shortswords, and begins to bounce and twirl through the crowd.

If we're not likely to have our weapons at the festival, I'll just draw a dagger.

Acrobatics check if needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Oops, not likely to help me much...

Moving against the rush of people moving away from the goblins, Nicat shouts "Arny, look! Your sister, get her out of here!"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard / 1
Spoiler:
Initiative: 2 / perception: +4 / HP: (8)8 / AC:15 / FF: 13 / T: 12 / Fort: +0 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +2

perception 1d20 ⇒ 14

Not sure if it matters to get to the girl, but Zella's base speed is 40. She gets plus 10 feet from the Travel Domain.

Zella gives a start of surprise as she exclaims: "I thought I saw a goblin?"

Pulling out her starknife, Zella hadn't even had time to take a step towards it when a group of goblins suddenly sprang out from a wagon not far from her.

Hearing Nicat yell, Zella turns towards his direction and sees the little girl in the goblins way. Not daring to throw her weapon with everyone running about, Zella begins to run towards the little girl instead.


Medium Human (Varisian) Ranger 1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

There is no mistaking that sound. Goblins!

I don't know if we figure we're walking around armed, but for Zestlian I'm going to suggest that carrying the tools of his trade counts as "formal dress" for him.

Zestlian has encountered goblins more than once on his travels. He's never hated any creature quite so much.

Zestlian produces his longbow in a flash Quick Draw

"Someone grab that girl!"

Move Action:
Zestlian moves as close to the three goblins as he can.

Standard Action:

Zestlian looses a desperate shaft at the goblin closest to Arny's sister, praying he doesn't hit anyone in the crowd.

Longbow: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 - 6 = 11

I assume that's a miss.

Zestlian silently curses his slow wits and poor aim.


Male Human (Chelaxian roots) Ranger 11 [ HP: 91/91 | AC: 25 T: 14 FF: 22 CMD: 26 | F: +11 R: +16 W: +8 | Init: +5 Perc: +14 (G: +16) (U: +18) (Giants: +18) | Hunter's Tricks: 5/5 |]

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Edit: +2 more from Favored Enemy

Gobs? Here? Damn...

Ventus unslings his shield and draws his sword, shouting curses and threats at the crowd as he tries to muscle his way through them.

Damned gobs

The had been a constant problem in Korvosa, finding their way into the sewers and raiding the edges of town. Part of his training had been repeatedly dispatched to deal with them. There were some other familiar faces in the crowd around him. A familiar heat started in his chest as he shoved people aside unceremoniously to get to the little beasts. Sure it was not polite but stopping the goblins was more important than a few bruises.

Move Action:
Draw weapons and move toward goblins, double moving if need be.


M Human Sorcerer (Fey)

Perception:1d20 ⇒ 1

Hearing sounds of disquiet even greater than those usual for a fete, Arduino rouses himself and looks blearily around the square. "Goblins? What are goblins?"

As the crowd starts screaming and blood flows from the dogs, Arduino's brow narrows and he vaults over the barrier into the market square. "D'arvit" he mutters as he runs after the nearest small green figure.

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

Noro was about to go and visit her brother who she suspects is working serving lunch with Ameiko she had some catching up to do. when her attention is diverted with the sudden thunderous boom.

Noro rolled her eyes expecting another long winded speech but that was not to be the case this time.

Perception check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

the sudden change in the people's demeanor and the strange new voices. it all eventually becomes clear when three goblins make an appearance from a wagon.

lost in the confusion Noro needs to take a moment to survey the situation.

looks like her brother will have to wait.

bad perception roll unable to act in round 1


Eleshanto laughs and shakes his head at Nicat. "Truly today is your day my friend. Perhaps Desna really does smile on you. Either that or you're setting yourself up for some horrible accident later."

Moments later, Eleshanto reacts with a start as the sound and sight of the goblins disrupts the fun.
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Surprise Round
Seeing Nicat bolt toward the goblins, Eleshanto takes a moment to unsling his bow and readies himself to move toward the little fiends cavorting through the town.
I'm assuming from the description that they are more than 30 feet away. Otherwise Eleshanto will initiate bardic performance and cause Nicat to disappear instead. (DC 14)


male Human(Varisian) Rouge (Swashbuckler) lvl 1 (Perc +3, Init +2, AC15, hp 11/11, )

Sylvan enjoyed most of the day. Lunch was provided free by Sandpoints taverns and all of the food was excellent. He was one of the few that actually preferred the venison from the white deer to the curry Salmon. He is pleased that Nicat won the part of the prize for guessing the number of beans in the jar, but he hopes he won't spend it all on something foolish.

The sound of screaming pulls his attention away from the start of Father Zantus's dedication of the cathedral. He starts to move in the direction of the screams, loosening his rapier in its scabbard as he goes.

Quote:
a sudden surge of strange new voices rises high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

perception:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

A Goblin Here! Sylvan can hardly believe what he is seeing, but his surprise doesn't keep him from acting long. The dog collapsed not far from Sylvan. He pushes past the few people still in between him and the goblin and fires the arrow shooter concealed in his sleeve at the goblin

Attack:

ranged attack1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1x2=2 yikes hope I didn't hit any of the crowd.

GOBLINS! Into the Cathedral! Quickly! Sylvan shouts at the crowd around him.


Nicat and Sylvan both miss their marks, with Sylvan almost striking an old man trying to run with a cane. Arny hears Nicat yell and turns back to see his sister being chased. He stops hard and begins to run back, stooping to pick up a rock off the ground and yelling Get out! Get out! He'll arrive at the fray in a round.

One goblin with a big nose jumps up atop a table and briefly joins the horrible goblin song while waving his knife at a woman with a basket of fruit running away.

The next goblin, who has a strange nose ring, takes notice of Adventus and braces himself for the attack.

The third goblin, the tallest one, runs after Arny's sister and is hot on her heels as most of the party breaks through the crowd.

Everyone who acted in the surprise round but didn't attack is now close enough to reach the goblins and attack this round. Everyone else is still a round away.

Nicat and Sylvan, you're up next. Neither of you is close enough to reach the goblins for a melee attack.


M Halfling Bard 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18 | T 15 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +7 | Will +3 (+5 vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +8

"I'm not going to make it to the girl in time! Have to do something to distract that goblin!" thinks Nicat as he breaks free of the panicked crowd.

He knows he won't be at all effective if he tries to throw one of the swords he's carrying. But he's quite used to getting his swords out of the way while he draws a dagger to work into his juggling routine. He shouts to the goblin chasing Arny's sister"Hey ugly! Over here!" while trying to juggle his weapons and draw a dagger to throw.

Perform (Juggling) check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Check to see which weapon dropped, 1-2 = dagger 1d6 ⇒ 6

Unfortunately, Desna's attention is elsewhere at the moment, and Nicat drops one of his shortswords in the dust as he runs towards the goblin. He leaves the sword behind and throws the dagger at the tall goblin.

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Likely a miss

I don't know if Eleshanto is close enough to have used his bardic performance on me - if so, I may be invisible to the goblins and would get +2 to hit and +1d6 sneak attack damage if I hit.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard / 1
Spoiler:
Initiative: 2 / perception: +4 / HP: (8)8 / AC:15 / FF: 13 / T: 12 / Fort: +0 / Reflex: +4 / Will: +2

attack 1d20 ⇒ 19
damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

Zella runs towards the tall goblin that's after the girl and slashes at it with her starknife. "Leave her alone!"


Medium Human (Varisian) Ranger 1

Move:

20 foot move closer to the goblins.

Standard:

Attack the goblin after the girl if it's still up, or Big Nose if it's down. Nose ring is last priority.
Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Drat.

"Oh hells!"

Shaken by the sudden violence, Zestlian can't seem to get an arrow on target.

Sczarni

current map Human Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute) 4 / Fighter (unarmed) 4
Spoiler:
AC16 | T 14 | FF 13 | HP 49 / 49 | F+10 | R+6 | W+6 | Init +2 | perc + 9

noro finally gathers her thoughts on the situation and the only thing she is able to concentrate on is the safety of the children in the square.

She catches Zella engaging a goblin near a little girl and realizing that there will most likely be mor to gang up on her Noro starts to move toward the little girl

move:

Take my max movement (run if possible) to reach Arny's sister


M Human Sorcerer (Fey)

Arduino shoulders aside the crowd, trying to move towards these 'goblins' and giving room for children to pass through. Finally a gap opens up, and some of the little green figures come into view. The youth pauses for a moment in surprise- they look like children...- but he quickly notices their knives and sharp teeth and his gaze hardens. Raising a hand, he points at the nearest group of two or more goblins and lets fly with a spell.

Cast 'Sleep' on the nearest bunch of two or more goblins within sight. DC 20.


male Human(Varisian) Rouge (Swashbuckler) lvl 1 (Perc +3, Init +2, AC15, hp 11/11, )

Sylvan draws his rapier and advances on the goblin he fired at. Trying to get into melee range before the creature can run off to attack someone.

Come on then you ugly little beast! Your father liked to read, and your mother was a dog. He called to the goblin. He didn't know if it could speak common but hopefully the insults would keep its attention on him.


I think I probably am within 30 feet of you Nicat, but I need to be within 30 feet of them to get you to disappear and I don't think I'm quite close enough yet.

Eleshanto holds his bow and keeps running toward the goblins, most concerned with the one chasing the little girl. Move action to get 30 feet closer to the goblins. Standard action depends on whether I am within 30 feet of them at the end of the move action. Disappearing act for Nicat (DC 14) if I am close enough. Continue to move toward the goblins if I am not.


Nicat misses again, but Sylvan is able to get close enough to draw the goblin's attention, at least.

The tall goblin lets Arny's sister go and turns to deal with Sylvan, poking wildly with his crude sword-like weapon.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 >> 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The nasty critter seems to e spurred on by the chanting and singing coming from all around. He jabs Sylvan in the knee.

The goblin atop the table jumps down and runs to meet the approaching threats.

The goblin with the ring in his nose continues to await the approach of Adventus.

Zella reaches the tall goblin just after Sylvan does, and takes a chunk out of its armor with her starknife.

Zestlian's arrow falls disappointingly short of its mark.

Noro runs to assist her companions fend off the predators as well.

Arduino's spell on big nose and ringer:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
By the way, why is the DC so high? Doesn't matter with those scores, but just curious.

Both goblins are slammed by Arduino's forced sleep and they pass out on the ground, barely putting up a fight.

Tall one's save for Eleshanto's performance:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Eleshanto begins to yell at the goblin, which can't help but turn to him. The creature can't even see Nicat, he's so distracted.

Two goblins are asleep and in melee range of everyone, one can't see Nicat and is surrounded by Noro, Nicat, Zella, and Sylvan.

Adventus, Nicat, and Sylvan still to go before the goblins go again.


M Human Sorcerer (Fey)

DC is high because 1. 20 charisma 2. Spell and Greater Spell Focus and 3. Fey bloodline- +2 DC for 'Compulsion' spells.


Ah. Impressive.


Male Human (Chelaxian roots) Ranger 11 [ HP: 91/91 | AC: 25 T: 14 FF: 22 CMD: 26 | F: +11 R: +16 W: +8 | Init: +5 Perc: +14 (G: +16) (U: +18) (Giants: +18) | Hunter's Tricks: 5/5 |]

Breaking through the last of the crowd, Ventus rolls his shoulders in his armor, pausing for the merest moment before rushing the goblin brave or foolish enough to stare him down but finds the goblin losing consciousness for some reason. He turns his attention on the last one standing.

Charge:
Target: Tall Goblin
Longsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Edit: Potentially another +2 to hit from flanking bringing the attack up to 16 but that depends on how you were interpreting the situation


M Halfling Bard 2| HP 17/17 | AC 18 | T 15 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +7 | Will +3 (+5 vs fear) | Init +4 | Perc +8

Hearing Eleshanto's familiar tune, and noting that the goblin appears to look right through him, Nicat realizes that the nasty beast is fooled by the same song the bard uses in their juggling routine.

"He can't see me! Time to put an end to this little monster."

He draws his remaining dagger and strikes with it and his shortsword.

Shortsword attack (-2 for TWF, +2 for invisible condition): 1d20 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 + 2 = 5
Damage with sneak attack: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (6) = 8

Dagger attack (-2 for TWF, +2 for invisible condition): 1d20 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 + 2 = 9
Damage with sneak attack: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3

I don't see how either one of those could hit, but they do lose dex bonus to AC due to invisiblity


male Human(Varisian) Rouge (Swashbuckler) lvl 1 (Perc +3, Init +2, AC15, hp 11/11, )

Sylvan attacks the goblin that is still awake with his rapier.

attack:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 poop!

damage:
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I hope someone has the presence of mind to dispatch those two sleepers before they wake up.

1 to 50 of 169 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM_Jacob's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.