Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Iron-Dice RoTL AE Campaign

Game Master Iron-Dice


151 to 200 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 2 15/15 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

1d20 ⇒ 17Handle Animal check untrained
Seeing the goblin commando threaten its disobedient mount,its interest was caught by the sight of Hayley's fluttering dress streaking past. It saw her crouch next to the noble and spat angrily. Snatching up the dog's severed head with a Yank of tearing sinews,it clamored over several crates to reach them with horsechopper brandished.

Cursing,the sound reminiscent of popping rocks,the she-dwarf locked eyes with the cowed goblin rat. She made a sharp clicking nose with her tongue,and pointed at the goblin commandos back,and gnashed her white square teeth to get her intent across. She stamped her foot to get it to jump to its feet and whirl about. It bared its crooked collection of fangs and lunged at its former master from behind with a hiss,desperate to please its new alpha.

1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10Attk
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5Dmg

Then she became aware of a frantic goblin that wandered ten feet too close on its way to run past. Her maulaxe lashed out at its ungainly head.
The she-dwarf dwarf,distracted by the goblin commandos obvious lethal intent on Hayley and the cowering noble with its horsechopper and waving the severed dogs head in its other fist,timed her swing wrong. The sharpened edge of the maulaxe only nicked the frantic goblins ears that veered away from her at the last second in abject fear at sight of her.She snarled at it in frustration with a baring of teeth.
Bah!

I'm so getting a subclass of Farmer. Its too awesome and useful not to. And Handle Animal checks as a class skill? Sheet yea!


Savarend:

Of all the goblins sent to raid and burn Sandpoint, many of them simply befell to their basic instincts of looting. Here is a tale of two such goblins crossing paths with a dwarf paladin mercenary visiting the town during the swallowtail festival.

Savarand Whiteroot was standing on the corner of Tower street and High street when the thunder stone struck. Almost immediately he knew something was awry as sounds of screaming and a mood of panic washed towards him. Being at the outer edge of the festival grounds he was not sure what was happening as the crown scattered like herd animals after a lightning strike. But then he saw a curious thing. Two barrels near the games area starting wobbling. Tipping over the lids cracked off and out emerged a pair of goblins.

Looking about, the green creatures spotted boxes of trinkets that were left over prizes from the skill games of the earlier afternoon. Grabbing a sack and filling it with small toys, baubles and curios and even left over meat pies they start to flee. But that’s not what caught the paladin’s attention. It was the bag of copper pieces that were collected and intended as a donation for the new temple. Trinkets are one thing, but holly donations is another altogether.

Giving foot chase Savarend catches up to the goblins just townside of Tanner’s bridge.

The goblins have paused to take a breather from the heavy load of the coins and the full sack of novelty items smashed together with the meat pies.

Savarend can take the first action.

*MAP*-a


Male Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster) 3 [HP 27/27 : AC 20 CMD 12 Touch 10 Flat 20 : warhammer +5;1d8 : spiked gauntlet +2;1d4 : dagger +2;1d4 : F +6 R +1 W +7 : INIT +0 Perc +10 CMB +2]

GM:
Did I see which goblin has the bag of copper pieces?


Male Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster) 3 [HP 27/27 : AC 20 CMD 12 Touch 10 Flat 20 : warhammer +5;1d8 : spiked gauntlet +2;1d4 : dagger +2;1d4 : F +6 R +1 W +7 : INIT +0 Perc +10 CMB +2]

GM:

Thanks for the map, by the way. Very nice for an individual encounter. :)

Savarend hefts his longhammer and snarls at the pair. "By the Forgemaster, you will die, peck!" He moves swiftly forward (5 feet east, 15 feet north) and brings down his weapon on the head of the nearest goblin.

longhammer: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 232d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 3) + 7 = 15
Hatred racial ability included.


Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

Seeing the goblin commando stride above her on the blood stained crate was a thing of new found terror. The wide and gnarled maw was twisted at intense angles in what could only be a grin of sheer pleasure and adrenaline fueled passion at the situation. The dog's head made her stomach twist in knots. A cocktail of fear and anger in her chest.

Over the monster's shoulder she could see a second goblin winging its way to her and the noble.

We have to get out of here! She said to him, squeezing his hand and tugging him to his feet. Run when I say when-

Flashing her fingers forward, the tattoo of an abstract eye on the back of her hand seemed to come alive! Shifting blue spirals blinked open and close- the symbolic orb in the center taking on the hypnotic patterns of dancing flame.

Haley casts Daze. DC 14 Will Save

If the Goblin Commando falls under the effects of the spell, Haley will spend her move action pulling the Noble to safety- placing herself at A17 with him directly behind her at A16. She'd then level her small crossbow and await the goblin's chaotic turn. If the Commando is NOT dazed she remains where she is, too fearful and frustrated to slip away.


Male Halfling Rogue 2(Swashbuckler)

Dair steps up to one of the annoying, chittering goblins. These things were annoying, and besides, they were trying to hurt his women! He lashes out with his blade, hoping to bring the one he already hit low 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Going to spend one daily use of my Adaptable Luck, to add +2 to that roll. If a 14 hits 1d4 ⇒ 3 damage


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Alaren’s frustration grows at the chaotic creatures uncanny ability to avoid damage. As the diminutive green nemesis runs by the half elf looks ahead for way to stop it. Up ahead is about sixty feet of clear path before turning south west and leading back into the temple courtyard. At the bend in the road is a large vending tent sitting across from a cart of loaded with wine barrels.

The temple courtyard is now becoming crowded with townsfolk busy cleaning up and restoring order to the once peaceful area.
-----
The goblin dog’s life has been one of cruelty and abuse. Constant beatings and starvation to keep it obedient to it’s master. When pups, they are often pitted into death matches against their litter mates to cull out the weakest of the brood, with the victors left with nothing to eat but the remains of it’s siblings. Freed from it’s submissive prostrating and commanded to attack it’s abusive master the feral creature does not hesitate. With all the ferocity of a released inmate the beast vaults with the power of a coiled spring, mouth wide and teeth dripping with bacteria ridden thick saliva.

attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The mount tears into the commando, it's vice tight jaws clamping onto it's midsection, listing and tossing about the goblin like a rag doll. Arrrrg! Eck! DAMN YOUR FILTHY HIDE! I will #^@!ing chop you head off and eat it raw, you %^&* beast!
Amazingly, the tough commando still clings to life.

simultaneously a glow of energy extend from Haley attempting to penetrate the commando’s very will.

will save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

His will to live is stronger than Haleys arcane ability as it fights to regain control.

------
Dairkal, needing to protect his angles, stretches his short but able limbs to attack the the circling goblin already embedded with his starknife. *POP*. It finds an organ, spewing goblin innards across the sand. It drops. Dead before hitting the deck. This goblin will raid Sandpoint no more.

  • Gobs turn

    The gob running past Alaren zigs and zags nearly reaching the entrance to the festival grounds. The frenzied effect seem to be wearing off as it is reaching for it's dogslicer.

    ------

    The gob chasing Haley runs and jumps up on the crates.
    Kill th' hu-mons! Kill th' hu-mons.
    It's funz ta do.
    Killz 'em deadz, then makez 'em stew!

    It's rusty dogslicer swings violently, seeking Haley's flesh.
    attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 damnage 1d4 ⇒ 2 crit?1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Slice. Pain. Haley's upper arm is cut. Not badly, but it stings of jagged metal.

    -----

    The commando attempts to strike the attacking mount with it's horsechopper.
    attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
    Unable to gain a good angle his attempts are useless. His sting of intelligible cursing returns.

    -------

    Whew! What a round. Let's see what happens now.

  • Go adventurers.

    *MAP*-e

    *MAP* Alaren's map

    I'll get Savarend in a separate post a bit later


  • Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    Did the commando pass or fail his will save for Daze? It is a DC 14 and it looks like he rolled a 5 if that roll was for Haley's spell and not something else. If the Daze triggered Haley would have moved to the mentioned squares in the last post, though, the second goblin could certainly have still reached her and struck!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 2 15/15 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    E-Terah cackled with joy as she watched the goblin rat-dog tear into its former rider with relish,blood spattering the crates as it savaged him. When it tried to hit it with his dogslicer,the polearm proved too ungainly in close quarters and didn't even come close to striking.

    Her mirth died when she saw another goblin rush up and over the crates obscuring Hayley and the noble from her view. She waddled furiously over to the skirmish at the sound of the girl's cry of pain when she saw the goblin stab with its dogslicer. Her maulaxe lashed out at its scrawny body,ignoring the goblin commando getting mauled beside her to deal with the more pressing threat.

    Gritting her teeth as she made a desperate decision due to circumstance, the she-dwarf made a fist and drew the dust in the air to her body. Thrusting out her arm in a fist,the clotting dust became a covering of flinty stone that cracked and burst from her in a burst of splinters. She aimed it at the goblin atop the crate with a shout.

    Move to G19 .Aim for Goblin threatening Hayley and Commando. DC 13 due to Stonesinger for half damage. 10' radius now becomes difficult terrain due to stone shards.

    1d6 ⇒ 3


    Haley Kindel wrote:
    Did the commando pass or fail his will save for Daze? It is a DC 14 and it looks like he rolled a 5 if that roll was for Haley's spell and not something else. If the Daze triggered Haley would have moved to the mentioned squares in the last post, though, the second goblin could certainly have still reached her and struck!

    Oop. I was so enamoured with my "Floating townsfolk heads!" that I looked at the save numbers backwards. Low number is fail. Duh. I'll adjust when I get back home and can access photoshop.


    RETCON: (Retroactive continuity)

    Goblin Commander wrote:
    will save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5 His will to live is stronger than Haleys arcane ability as it fights to regain control.

    What really happened;

    The commanders will is as shaken as his body. Haley’s arcane aura soaks into the goblin causing his eyes to glass over as a daze settles into him.

    Between the goblin dog’s attack and her daze spell, she capitalizes on the opportunity to move the noble citizen to safety. Setting her sights on a cleared are west of the creates she begins climbing over the rough terrain and half dragging half coaxing the noble along. Ah! He’s going to kill us! Look out! There’s another one. He going to kill us. A pesky goblin also jumps upon the crates taking a slice at Haley. He hits. Your hit! By the gods. There going to kill us all. We’re all doomed!

    With the rough terrain and hysterical noble your movement is halved. From 30 to 15

    UPDATED *MAP*-e


    Savarend easily catches up to the goblin nearing the bridge. With a huff and a crush his longhammer pulverizes the creature.

    The other goblin sees this and hefts up his clinking bag of loot and begins running away from town. Unfortunately for the gob, the weight of his shinny prize is more than it’s scrawny body can handle and it’s slowed in it’s attempt to flee.
    Longshanks no killz me. No killz me!

    half movement

  • Savarend’s action

    Tanner Bridge Map-b


  • Male Halfling Rogue 2(Swashbuckler)

    Hearing Haley cry out, the swashbuckler grows incensed, and rushes the goblin, flinging dagger as he goes. Moving to I19. [ooc]1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for 1d3 ⇒ 2


    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 2 15/15 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    Did my attack damage anything??


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    Alaren watches the choas as the goblins continue to run around. she watches amazed as the she-dwarf gets the goblin dog attack the commando. she winces as Haley is clearly hit by the goblin with the dog chooper. she inwardly cheers as the halfing strikes the goblin running around him, especially when the goblin is dead before hitting the ground. 

    Alaren determined not to let the Goblin get back to the temple courtyard and the people that have gather there again looks at options to stop the Goblin. 

    She yells in Goblin stoppzz, stand and fight like a real goblin and not a squelly nord.
    Hoping to either indimate him into stopping or making him mad enough to stop and fight him. As she yells at it she runs and graps at anything she can get a hold of. 

    Attack: To Grapple 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

    Intimate: 1d20 ⇒ 10

    Alaren runs and then leaps at the Goblin. Flying through the air, she tackles the Goblin around the middle catching a firm hold of it and ends up in the dirt on top of the Goblin. She smiles as the Goblin struggles underneath her.

    Shutz uppzzz, stupiz Goblin


    Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    Thank you Iron D!

    While the fire has failed to rise at her summons, Haley's simple cantrips have done what little they can to buy them some time. She was learning to trust in them like never before. When she notices the commando's eyes glaze over, and -suddenly- the snarling dog attacks, she pulls hard on the noble's hand to lead him away from the crates.
    Come on, handsome, we have to get out of here. We might not a get another chancc..GODS!

    Something hefty and metal runs along her forearm, wickedly sharp, before momentum drags it away. Tears edge her eyes..she has never been cut before and certainly not in the heat of a battle. Still struggling to pull the noble along, Haley glances back at the wound.

    Her tattoos have parted away from the gash, slithering up towards her shoulder seeking unmarred flesh like serpents escaping a flame. Her blood seems far too bright to her- almost comical- and she feels she may pass out if she looks too hard.

    Just over the vivid blue of the noble's waistcoat she can see her attacker. The mangy goblin had mounted several crates to ambush her and was barking out in the victory of its blades brutal contact.

    Attempting to tug the Noblemen through the rest of the crates, she sets his hand free and stands between him and the goblin. Lifting her undamaged arm, her fingers move quickly as though sorting through pages or the fibers of cloth.

    Haley attempts to continue to move the noblemen and herself, half speed, away from the fight. Haley casts Daze on her attacker. DC 14 Will Save


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster) 3 [HP 27/27 : AC 20 CMD 12 Touch 10 Flat 20 : warhammer +5;1d8 : spiked gauntlet +2;1d4 : dagger +2;1d4 : F +6 R +1 W +7 : INIT +0 Perc +10 CMB +2]

    Where did you find a bloody crater icon? That is hilarious! I might need to name my longhammer Goblinsquisher.

    "Where do you think you're going!? C'mere!" Savarend strides forward 20 feet, drawing a chakram from his belt and hurling it like a discus toward the fleeing goblin.

    chakram: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 = 141d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Savarend’s chakram streaks forth catching the retreating goblin in it’s back.
    The creature keels forward landing face down arms and legs splayed out. His heavy sack drops with a clank as numerous coppers dance outwards and onto the stone bridge.

    Goblinsquisher. Has a nice ring to it.

    *MAP*-c


    The goblin attacking Haley and the noble never had a chance.
    Specks of dust turned into shards of stone from the Oracle’s fingers filling the area.
    A dagger streaked through the air glinting from the moon light.
    Waves of energy engulf the creature further dazing it as it’s last breath is taken.
    The goblin falls lifeless among the creates, killed three times over by the adventurers.

    Halley Kindle and the hysterical nobleman clear the obstacles and stand on the grass near the city wall.

    The goblin commando, battered, bitten and bruised, twists his failing body towards his mount as it relaxes it’s jaws preparing for another attack. Lifting his horsechopper high, he comes down heavy at the beast.

    attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, dammage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    He strikes the crates as his former mound dodges his attack.

    *MAP*-f

  • Meanwhile
    Further down the road, Alaren races and catches up to the crazed little beasty. Leaping like a puma she lands on it’s back and grapples it to the ground.

    The goblin squirms kicks and gouges at Alaren trying to fee itself from her hold.

    CMB to break grapple 1d20 ⇒ 15 vs CMD 14

    The goblin slimy skin slides loose of Alaren’s grip and it continues it’s run towards the crowd.

    *MAP*

  • Adventurers turn. GO!


  • Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    The pain is mounting..the cut is not clean. A terrible heat comes from the wound and Haley blinks away this new sensation along with any threatening tears.

    With the noblemen behind her, she bites her bottom lip and lifts her crossbow towards the last remaining goblin.

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

    The bow kicks against her injured shoulder and she bites down harder on her lip to still the pain.


    Haley Kindel wrote:
    The bow kicks against her injured shoulder and she bites down harder on her lip to still the pain.

    Haley's bolt impacts against the back of the goblin commando's armor deflecting away and causing no damage it it's wearer.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster) 3 [HP 27/27 : AC 20 CMD 12 Touch 10 Flat 20 : warhammer +5;1d8 : spiked gauntlet +2;1d4 : dagger +2;1d4 : F +6 R +1 W +7 : INIT +0 Perc +10 CMB +2]

    Savarend strides forward ten feet and hefts his longhammer to his shoulder. "May your death bring you what you deserve, goblin." He brings down his weapon heavily.

    longhammer: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 142d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11

    Assuming it hits and kills the goblin, since it is prone.

    Wiping the face of his hammer on the grass, Savarend sets to inspecting the bodies of the fallen goblins and collecting what they were carrying. Likely someone in Sandpoint will be happy to see their property returned to them. He also removes his chakram from the goblin, setting it back on his belt.

    If he sees no other threats, he will head toward the center of town.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 2 15/15 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 1 = 14Attk

    Stepping up and treading over the shredded pulped mass that had been the goblin threatening Hayley,effectively blocking a straight path to her from the maddened goblin commander in the midst of a villainous breakdown. She took a swipe at its head with her maulaxe it only evaded by putting everything it had into a cleaving blow it intended for its former mount,which dodged and readied itself for another go at him with almost gleeful eagerness.

    This time she didn't even fret over her miss. This little menace would be ended soon enough.

    1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11Perception

    She cast a various gaze about nonetheless to search for additional threats.


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    Alaren having leaped to tackle the Goblin tries to get a better grip. However the desperate goblin claws, kicks, squirms and gouges at Alaren in its attempt to break free. Ouch, you stupid little..... The Goblin breaks free of Alaren's grasp and runs toward the crowd that has gathered back in the Temple Courtyard.

    Alaren having seen the distruction that these Goblins have caused and imagining what one little desperate Gob could possibly do to the Temple, she yells for Help.

    STOP THAT GOBLIN.
    She quickly gets up and runs after the goblin hoping this time to grab him by the scruff of the neck, just like she would pick up a puppy, but not as gentle.

    CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

    As she attempts to grap it or break it's neck. Either way would be okay.

    Seeing the Samarui she yells - Masao your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    She says a quick prayer to Densa - Please let this night end without anymore destruction


    Male Human Samurai 1

    Masao looked up from helping one of the townsfolk when he heard his name. Father Zantus had been worried that more goblins would be around and that the townfolk still needed a guardian around. He'd been helping with various difficulties and wound up back near temple square when he heard the woman named Alaren calling out for him.

    He spotted her with a goblin in her grasp, but the way the goblin was squirming Masao wasn't sure that she would be very successful. Leaving his sword sheathed, he moved up to the goblin and punched it, attempting to knock it out.

    Sword is sheathed, moving up to do an unarmed strike on the goblin.
    Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
    Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


    Haley;

    The noble presses his back against the stone block wall in the way those not accustomed to battle often do seeking protection. His shoulders tight he bunches his once opulent chapeau in clinched fists before his chest. By the gods, what just happened!? Are we safe. What do they want? You..your hurt. Gods. My hound. That creature. Your bleeding. Are we going to die?
    The normally proud and controlled aristocrat is obviously out of his element, and is reaching hysteria and a state of confusion as his eyes and head dart about looking for further aggression.

    E’Terah
    The no nonsense she-dwarf stands ankle deep in a slurry of green and crinsmin goblin goo. Looking about for additional dangers, both her eyes and ears sense an air of calm near the town wall. With the exception of the commando and his mount directly before her, all else seem to be secured in this region of town.

    Alaren & Masao;

    Not hesitating when the agile little creature squirmed out of her grip Alaren performs a diving chase one again. As before her weight descends upon the fast moving creature and her arms wrap around stoping it’s movement.

    Masao, having heard the half-elfs cries for help, leaps to intercept and lays down a hammer fist on the goblins skill. An audible crunch cracks forth as the goblins face impacts the hard earth. The goblin goes limp. A slow pool of blood gathers around it head. It lives to maraud no more.

    Savarend;

    The goblin gives a satisfying splat when cough between your hammer and the stone bridge. There is no doubt the resulting stain and chipped stone will send a message to any future goblins the cross Tanners bridge.

    After gathering up the coins and searching the remains you turn to leave.
    Rounding the corner are three humans identifying themselves as town militia.
    Ho friend. Looks like good work was done here. The way behind is clear and others follow to secure the area. We are sweeping the town border. Your skills would be welcome if we encounter anymore green skitters. Would you join us friend dwarf?

  • Goblins turn

    The commando is fir to be tied with rage. He takes his horsechopper and stops up to E'Terah. Die cur! I will boil your flesh from it's bones in the same pot as my mangy #@$% mount!

    His weapon descends.
    attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    The makeshift weapon tears through E'Terah's defenses slicing her midsection. She takes a hard hit!


  • Male Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster) 3 [HP 27/27 : AC 20 CMD 12 Touch 10 Flat 20 : warhammer +5;1d8 : spiked gauntlet +2;1d4 : dagger +2;1d4 : F +6 R +1 W +7 : INIT +0 Perc +10 CMB +2]

    Savarend nods his head. "Aye, friend human. Let's go see if we cannot find more opportunities to beautify the town of Sandpoint." He shoulders his longhammer and trots after the militiamen.


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    Alaren loosens the grip on the Goblin she had just been "hugging" a moment before. A quick smile crosses her face as she looks up at the Samurai. Thank you.

    She sits up and wipes the splattered Goblin blood from her face. I definitely want a bath She stands up and picks up her sword. Looking back, to see if the others have dispatched the other Goblins, she sees the Goblin Commando on top of the crates hit E'Terrah. She inhales a sharp breath. She runs double move back towards the fight while sheathing her sword. She moves to pick up her bow.

    As she runs she quickly scans the area for any other threats.
    Perception check - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 2 15/15 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    Dude,OW.Wtf. What the hell,Shield of Faith and +4 lamellar leather armor. Goblin dies now.

    1d20 ⇒ 3Handle Animal. Fail.

    She tried to utter a command but only managed a shrill wail of outraged pain as the ragged cleaver of the polearm not only penetrated her brand new custom fitted lamellar leather armor,but also her leather dress and corset underneath to bite deep into the muscle of her torso.

    Before the numb bliss of unconsciousness took her,she willed a spell to activate. The mint green and white glow of healing washed over her to mend the damage done.Cure Light Wounds. Hmph. Healer has to heal herself.

    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 per caster lvl due to stonesinger

    If he actually hit me,reaction above. I thought my AC was higher than 12 with Shield of Faith. If he missed or whatever I'll edit.


    Were still in turn based combat until the commando is resolved.
    Dairkal, Masso and Haley can take an action (or not) before the commando and goblin dog get a turn.


    Male Halfling Rogue 2(Swashbuckler)

    Dair steps up to the commando and strikes out with his rapier [ooc]1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 for 1d4 ⇒ 4 "Leave the lovely tattooed lady alone, ya gibbering psycho!"


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 2 15/15 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    EDIT!! Just posting this in case my Shield of Faith did do its job in deflection of his attack. Using Third Acid Touch,have two left for the day,if I connect

    1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 = 18Attk
    1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5Damage

    As the shimmering distortion of air formed of her palpable faith in the gods watching over her made the bloody blade of the horsechopper turn aside,to the goblin commando's horror by the way its beady red eyes bulged,she breathed out a relieved oath. That strike might have put her down.

    She reared her free hand back into a fist that gave off chalky acrid smoke as acidic salt slathered her leather-clad palm. She shoved her hand into that twisted,leering face and heard the telltale sizzle of flesh like a brand dipped in water.

    Regarding the goblin dog,do I need to make a Handle Animal check every round to get it to attack or will it attack its original target until it or the target dies?

    Hey,Hayley confirm that hit!! See if you get an overkill! Staple that gobbo to the wall!


    Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    A miss. Another miss. One in ten times, right little Haley? You always hit it one in ten times.

    She could picture her father, a little worn around the edges from days spent traveling up and down Varisia, his wagon filled with scrimshaw, parchment and chalk. He was a merchant by trade, but truly he loved new places far more than he loved making coin. It was in his blood...

    The blood. Surely, she was his blood. His daughter. Yet, as of today, she knew that wasn't completely true. Her bloodline ran far more ancient than the sweet man who bought her the small crossbow cradled against her chest.

    I..I am the daughter of flame.. She said to herself lost in the revelation of it. She blinked, the pain in her arm making her dizzy. She suddenly lifted her gaze to the commando and shouted to him. She commanded his attention with the volume of her proclamation.

    What are you compared to my lineage?! Tears edged the blue of her eyes and matched the cool swirl of the tattoos etched along her face. Tattoos that had appeared as suddenly and as strangely as the mighty fire she called forth earlier today.

    I am the child of fire!

    She raised her crossbow, licked her lips, and imagined the white streak on the ship's mast back in Magnimar. But in her mind, she wasn't merely firing a crossbow- she had ascended above it on powerful wings and consumed the entire shipwreck in an inferno.

    Haley fires her bow at the commando

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    1d8 ⇒ 3 x 2= 6 Dmg


    Here's a map of Sandpoint with activities so far.

    *Sandpoint* MAP

    Next game post Friday in AM.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Savarend and the militiamen verify the security of the northgate wall as they travel north west. The men regale in the burly dwarfs tale of splattering goblins in one hit with his mighty longhammer, humerously referred to as goblinsmasher. Crossing under the arch behind the outbuildings connected to the Temple they stumble upon the ending of a conflict between a goblin command, his mount and a band of adventuring types protecting a defenseless aristocrat.

    Alaren, seeing the same confrontation continuing from her vantage point at the opposite end of church street, leaves Masao to hog tie and guard the goblin. Running as fast as her slender legs can cary, she snatches up her bow and ends within arrowshot of the action.
    =Your turn ends 60 feet from the commando & goblin dog, bow readied for action.

    A great grin of pleasure crosses the goblin commando’s face. The seriously injured commando knows the end is near. Feeling itself dying, it imagines it’s horsechopper slicing through the dwarfs defensed and laying her belly open for it’s mount to eat. In reality, a slap of acid burns it’s flesh. As it’s head droops it spies the tip of a rapier protruding from broken ribs. Just as it’s hallucination of victory climaxes an arrow critically pierces it’s heart ending it’s life in an instant. The giant grin is permanently etched on the dead face.

    It’s mount points it’s noise upwards and howls. A sound of grief or relief? We may never know. He begins to bound west looking to round the town wall and escape into the forest.
    Animal check goes to 20, if desired. Each round needs a check. Once failed, no more checks.

    The nobleman, looking worse for wear, realizes the battle is over. Blood rushes from his face at the realization and he almost faints. Regaining his composure, he look to Haley. You. You…save me. You saved me. By the gods. You. Saved. Me. Your skills are…are…amazing! Color returning to his face, the nobleman starts to regain control and the cut of his handsome jaw shines through the grime on his face. He speaks more slowly and deliberately. Never have I witnessed such courage before. . Drinking you in with a long sweeping gaze, he kneels on one knee, taking you hands in his. . . or witnessed one with such beauty. He lightly brushes his lips against the knuckles of your hand.

    At some point after the commando’s death, the lead militiaman speaks up addressing everyone present.
    The Sheriff has asked us to rendezvous with all able bodied combatants at the Temple square after our perimeter sweep. I think you lot qualify, and then some.


    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 2 15/15 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    Splashing water over her gloved hands and steel-toed boots,the she-dwarf watched the goblin dog flee with a touch of dissapointment. Then she shrugged and started to frisk the goblin commando's broken body with its vacant fixed grin.

    She hooked her maulaxe back onto her belt and rummaged into her pa k. She withdrew the shaving razor she used on her hair to keep her Mohawk neatly trimmed.With all the casualty of a barber giving a haircut,she went about slicing off the ear from each body to present to Devering Hosk for a reward.

    Then she nodded to one of the militaliamen.Oi,I got something t' say t' him! You should 'ave trained dogs an' horses around f'r this sort of thing. How'd th' lill turds even get inside? You'd better search every house--gobs tend t' hide out after a raid an'might be unner someone's pantry or a woodpile.


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    Alaren watches as the Goblin Commando drops to the crate and dies with a smile on it's face. She releases the tension on the bow string, but leaves the arrow notched - just in case.

    She listens to the request of the Militiaman:

    Quote:
    The Sheriff has asked us to rendezvous with all able bodied combatants at the Temple square after our perimeter sweep. I think you lot qualify, and then some.

    Before responding she looks up at the night sky. She sees a few of the Swallowtails released earlier in the day still flitting on the breeze. Shrugging she looks at the dwarf, halfing and humam whom she hardly knows but fought alongside as easily as anyone she had known before.

    Haley, how is your Arm? I think you should get that looked at and see what else we can do to help. E-Terah are you well? Dairkal?
    She brushes of the dirt from her front where she had landed while tackling the goblin.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster) 3 [HP 27/27 : AC 20 CMD 12 Touch 10 Flat 20 : warhammer +5;1d8 : spiked gauntlet +2;1d4 : dagger +2;1d4 : F +6 R +1 W +7 : INIT +0 Perc +10 CMB +2]

    Savarend raises an eyebrow to the human lord fawning over the young woman. he whispers to a militiaman beside him. "I've seen men who get 'the itch' after facing death. Have myself once or twice. But never ten heartbeats after the enemy is dead!" He strides forward and listens to the announcement. "Well then, let's finish the sweep and mosey over to the temple. By Torag's beard, I'll not die by a goblin sticker, nor let any decent folk either."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 2 15/15 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    I'm fine. Other than my disgust for my aim.E-Terah replied to Alaren's concerned query,making a string of grisly goblin ears on a length of twine one of the goblins had on its person. She wiped her bloodied shaving razor on a wet rag and folded it,tucking it into her cleavage for easy reach.

    Attaching the string of goblin ears to a hook upon her Fanny pack ,she made her way over to where the simpering noble slobbered all over Haley's hand.She rolled her eyes at the display. Humans were such dramatics.

    Clapping a hand over her cut arm,clasping it lest she jerked away,E-Terah sucked her teeth.Cast Cure Light Wounds since I didn't get eviscerated by a horsechopperWhite and cool mint green light bled out from beneath her hand. When she took her hand away,it was healed and whole save for dried blood and grime.

    Gotta invest in some armor,child. Goblin blades give you tetanus and lockjaw and what'eva diseases they wallow in.

    To the noble,crossing arms under her breasts,she said,We all did our best t' keep those goblins off ya. Yer dog especially. Poor thing.

    1d20 ⇒ 17


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    Alaren smiles at E-terah's response and nods her understanding. She watches as E-Terah heals Haley's arm and giggles as E-Terah address' the Nobleman who is slobbering on Haley's hands.

    She looks at the newest arrival who does not appear to be a part of the local militia.

    Perception check : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


    Male Halfling Rogue 2(Swashbuckler)

    Looks darkly at the noble pawing Haley "Hey buddy, while Haley did indeed keep you safe, I helped kill your attackers. Also, if you would be so kind as to not drool on the young lady, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it"

    Mutters quietly so the noble can't hear him "Gods danged nobles, so rude and annoying"


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    Blades and Magic and Bolts! Oh My!

    The commando died from all sides- a focal point to the vengeance and protection the gathered heroes served up in Sandpoint's name. That it continued to still smile its wide arching death-grin was a horrid reminder of the twisted glee these murderous creatures received from their own machinations.

    Haley stood there a moment unable to register what she was feeling. Victory and companionship. Sorrow and horror. Pain and pleasure. Her small crossbow clattered to the ground at her feet as the nobleman swept her attention up.

    You. You…saved me.. She heard the man say and she tried to keep her eyes on his eyes, but she found them wandering. There was cheerful Dairkal edging close to the group. The slender figure of Alaren was prowling the perimeter with bow in hand. E-terah was trudging towards her, muttering words to herself while delving out deep Dwarven wisdom and preparing a healing spell. In a moment of keen metallic clarity she thought they must all be her family now. A family at arms together.

    Never have I witnessed such courage before. . Her eyes returned to the noblemen again as he went to one knee and took her hand. Gods, they were courageous, weren't they? A city in peril and they had stood against their foes!

    She felt a whisper of lips against her tattooed hand and a flush crept up her neck. . . or witnessed one with such beauty.

    Haley laughed! Openly and loudly. Beauty? She could hardly contain the dark humor that had passed over her. The poor blood stained dandy and the scared, battered girl in the torn robes.

    She grinned at him. Well, I'm just glad you are alright. And for the record, I'm no noble's daughter, so know that you waste your kisses and your kind gestures on the child of a poor merchant. She said without shame.


    Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    Haley noticed Masao in the distance binding a surviving goblin. She also took note of the group approaching, including the powerfully built dwarf. Friends, she hoped. Perhaps friends with some answers.

    She felt the weight of E-terah's hand on her shoulder and she flinched slightly at the sting of pain..but that soon melted away into soothing warmth and in moments the wound was completely healed. She beamed and suddenly threw her arms around the she-dwarf. Oh thank you! On a more logical and normal day, Haley may have extended more caution and decorum when dealing with these strange new folk, but the battle had frayed her senses and she felt only an overwhelming gratitude and comfort in their presence.

    She looked to Alaren and smiled as the elven woman asked her of her wounds. Thanks to E-terah I'm better than I was before, I think. Haley knelt down beside Dairkal to make sure his swollen eye was only superficial. And how is everyone else? Did we all...make it?

    The words of the militiaman catch her attention and she tilts her head to them.
    The Sheriff has asked us to rendezvous with all able bodied combatants at the Temple square after our perimeter sweep. I think you lot qualify, and then some. She hears one of them say.

    Then something E-terah grumbled rises to the surface of her memory.

    Wait...invest in armor? Why would I do that? This can't possibly happen again, can it?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 2 15/15 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    The she-dwarf stiffened when Hayley threw her arms around her in a sudden hug of gratitude. She snorted dismissively as she made herself relax,patting the tattooed girl with a hand awkwardly.

    When she queried about needing armor,she gave her an incredulous look with raised brows and eyes narrowed in a scrutinizing squint behind her spectacles. Trying to discern whether or not she was serious.

    You never know. I'm honestly surprised you humans leave yer home without yerselves an' arms t' protect yerselves. This is Varisia. Anything from gobs,giants,ogres,an' worse roam these lands. As I said before bein' a farmer be risky business--gotta defend yer home,livestock,crops,and land from raiders,monsters,and the occasional mage or noble.

    She noticed the red-haired,thus handsome,dwarf standing with the militants. She flicked her fuschia hair in its Mohawk with a smirk. Hers was bigger.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    E’Tera searches through the remains of the goblin commando finding nothing but the usual assortment of brick-a-brack, goblin weapons and armor. The now empty potion vile seemed to be the only item of civilized value it carried. Searching all the remains while gathering her ear trophies she collects a total of 21 copper and 18 silver coins.

    ----

    Savarend wrote:
    he whispers to a militiaman beside him. I’ve seen men who get 'the itch' after facing death. Have myself once or twice. But never ten heartbeats after the enemy is dead!

    The militiaman speaks softly from the corner of his mouth. Aye. The privileged are a strange lot. Never understood ‘em meself. Although, if a lady is gona pull someones arse outa th’ fire, a nobleman is not ah’ bad choice.

    in a purposely loud voice meant for everyone’s ears the she dwarf proclaims

    E'Terah wrote:
    We all did our best t' keep those goblins off ya. Yer dog especially. Poor thing.

    followed by Dairkal

    Dairkal wrote:
    Hey buddy, while Haley did indeed keep you safe, I helped kill your attackers. Also, if you would be so kind as to not drool on the young lady, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it

    As though the word were a physical slap on the face, the nobleman jerks his head, stands up straight and takes in his surroundings. Looking to each of the gathered assemble, the dead goblins and his decapitated hound. In a clear voice more suited to his title he proclaims.

    Yes. YES. Thank you all. Thank you truly. Your bravery. Your skill. It is admirable, indeed.

    He extends an elbow to Haley as he exits the area. Let us gather with the others and see what all this is about.

    ----

    Alaren look the new dwarf arrival over. Of the three that rounded the wall, the dwarf seems to be the one with the greatest signs of combat showing on his weapons, armor and beard. If fact, he more resembles the look of you new companions that that of the militia.

    ----

    At the town square, a handful of townsfolk have gathered to assess the situation. Among those in attendance are Father Zantus whom you all recognize, the Tian woman known as Ameiko Kaijitsu who Masao meet earlier in the afternoon, a half dozen militiamen and couple of townsfolk armed with pitchforks and assorted sharp tools.

    Standing in the center is a burly man with a close shaved head and deep brown skin. Although only average height, his poise and self-assurance make him to be an imposing figure. As you approach, the circle opens at the wave of his hand and all conversation stops.
    Ho there! You lot! He gestures to the assembled group as the escorts move aside.
    I understand you are responsible for all of this destruction in my town!? He says, referencing the burned carts, scorched streets and dead creatures.
    Well . . !?

    *Sandpoint Townfolks Image*


    Male Halfling Rogue 2(Swashbuckler)

    Dair chuckles "Well, I suppose we are in fact at that. To be fair though, if we didn't defeat the goblins I'm guessing the destruction would be much, much worse." 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Diplomacy.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Dwarf Cleric (Forgemaster) 3 [HP 27/27 : AC 20 CMD 12 Touch 10 Flat 20 : warhammer +5;1d8 : spiked gauntlet +2;1d4 : dagger +2;1d4 : F +6 R +1 W +7 : INIT +0 Perc +10 CMB +2]

    Savarend notices the dwarven lass casting her eyes on him. He smiles and wiggles one of his ears, which everyone who is anyone knows is the human equivalent of an eye-wink. He hears the dark-skinned human bellow out an accusation concerning the damage. "Ho, now! I know you're not that daft. They had to cause a bit of a ruckus to put down the goblins that were gallivanting about your town. Don't give a pout that you lost some eggs if the chicken is saved."

    Aid Another to Dairkal's Diplomacy roll 1d20 ⇒ 10


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    Alaren places her arrow back in the quiver on her back as the group enters the Temple Square.

    Quote:

    Ho there! You lot! He gestures to the assembled group as the escorts move aside.

    I understand you are responsible for all of this destruction in my town!? He says, referencing the burned carts, scorched streets and dead creatures. Well . . !?

    She looks at the man that she only can assume is the Sheriff speaking.

    Alaren thinks to herself, WOW, are they really going to blame us for this destruction when we were the one's that save the Temple from being burned by Goblins. Are they trying to pin this on us because they did not have enough or any defenses? Or even anyone on patrol to prevent the Goblins from gaining entry into Sandpoint?

    Alaren nods in agreement with Dairkal and the newest Dwarf. She is afraid to add anything else, out of fear that she would say what she is thinking and just get into more trouble.

    She looks at E-Terah and Haley. She can only imagine what E-Terah is thinking.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 2 15/15 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    Aid Another Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    E-Terah visibly bristled at the accusation by the bald human who reminded her of a buffed walnut. Her Mohawk and sideburns puffed up much like an agitated feline.

    Ungrateful creature! Looks like a polished wooden doorknob for a head. Don't you holler at me!Her thoughts came in an angry rumble that echoed throughout her skull.

    Lips forming an angry pout,the she-dwarf held up her string of nearly a dozen goblin ears.Now I know you humans can't see in th' dark an' all,so I'll give ya'll th' benefit o' th' doubt. As you can see by this string o' ears,we were th' ones who put a stop to th' little menaces before they got too far. I think a simple thank you for risking life an' limb will suffice ,not an accusation.

    She glanced around at the carnage of dead goblins and burnt debris.Although this coulda been much worse. This could have been easily halted in its tracks if you militia had a squad of trained dogs and horses working alongside your men. There's nothing that goblins hate more than hounds and horses and the feeling is mutual.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    E-Terah Deepheavy wrote:
    Looks like a polished wooden doorknob for a head.

    ROTFL! Quote of the game award goes to . . . .

    E'Terah Deepheavy

    151 to 200 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Iron-Dice RoTL AE Campaign All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.