Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Iron-Dice RoTL AE Campaign

Game Master Iron-Dice


51 to 100 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Dairkal wrote:
The halfling wipes the fruit from his face and says a bit angriliy "Oh for Desna's sake this is ridiculous. I will not stand around being pelted by fruit" With that moves into melee range.Move action to put me right in front of the dazzled goblin

Dairkal; Please go ahead and take you standard action, and attack I assume, to go with you move action.

Good hitting!


Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

Haley blinks and lifts her hand to meet her gaze, clearly astonished.

At the arcane academy in Magnimar they had done their best to teach her the ways of magic, but her instructors were never pleased with her progress. She had been able to muster the slightest of cantrips through her studies, but her attentions were always on the window and the blue open sky that remained beyond it to do anything greater.

THIS was all together different! This magic seemed to run through her veins and no amount of memorized arcane lingo seemed to rival the pleasure she felt from its presence. This was not power she manipulated and controlled, no, this was more intimate. Despite the pitched chaos around her, Haley's lips tilt in a genuine smile. Right now- if never again, she would become fire itself.

Haley boldly moves to 17i

With the air hazy around her palms from the gathering heat, Haley lifts her hands towards the goblin directly in front of her and a gout of flames rush forward with intensity. The tattoos on her skin fade for but a moment as the spell rushes forth, then seem to cool back towards their original color and form in the aftermath.

Haley casts Burning Hands. Reflex save of DC 16 for half damage. Flammable materials burn if touched. Burning items can be extinguished as a full round action
2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 Fire Damage


Male Halfling Swashbuckler 4

is that a charge attack? I can normally only move 20ft for bein small


Dairkal wrote:
is that a charge attack? I can normally only move 20ft for bein small

i forgot about the 20 foot movement. If you want to do a double move you can charge or bull rush. Go get 'em!

I'll see if I can get anther post in tonight to get the gobs another swip at y'all. Heee heeee


Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 3 23/23 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

The she-dwarf once again snapped off another bolt,aiming for one of the beady red eyes that glittered at her in the gloom. Her other hand tapped the reloading lever,sliding a third bolt into position.

1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 1 = 12Attk gob at i15.
1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7Damage

When her shot missed yet again due to the little beast's unceasing wriggling,she snarled. Deciding not to waste another bolt,she slung the ranged weapon back over her backpack. She snatched up her sharpened maulaxe with it goblin beanbag charm and twirled it.

She cracked her neck and stamped forward,Mohawk bobbing.Little worms won't hold still for 6 blasted seconds! she thought.

Move to i17.


Male Halfling Swashbuckler 4

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Charge attack Dair stumbles a bit on his rushed attack and misses the goblin.

Where the hells is my luck with the dice? I am usually much better than this!


DM-PC: Masao

Masao utters a Tian curse under his breath.

Trained to focus and commit wholly to a fight, he draws his katana and charges the apple throwing goblin.

Charge and attack to g16

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13 Attack
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Damage

DAMN!

He silently hopes no one heard his curse, as his Sansei would be upset he lost his calm.


Two of Dairkal’s Angels are having frustratingly bad luck connecting with conventional ranged tactics. The tattooed sorcerer finds fulfilling satisfaction with the application of arcane arts.

Gob reflex save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Haley watches the goblins skin burn and blister as his clothes ignite in enthralling crackling captivating flame. It screams a cry of pain that sound common to most, Haley hears detail that only arise from the sweet embrace of flame igniting nerve endings then incinerating them.

Masao and Draikal charge at the Gob only to find a charred corps with a face locked in eternal anguish.

E’Terah, I moved you to i16, as Haley also wanted i17. If you want another spot, no prob, just pick another, even if it’s a square or so more that your movement allowed.

The Dazzled goblin continues to swing it’s dogslicer franticly in the air trying to connect with the Halfling that charged before it.
You no longshankz! You’sa scranny runt runt! Me’so mak’a nuggetz ou’ta you’sa! AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

Outch! The fetid creatures filthy makeshift weapon slices the skin on Dairkal causing a bleeding wound.

The Goblin that had failed to catch the umbrella on fire, sees the roaring flame that just erupted. So single focused with his intent, he does not notice (or care) that his former companion fuels the fire. Or sees the group of longshanks surrounding the flames.

He picks up the large umbrella by it’s pole and proceeds to run at the fire to throw in on.
BON FIREZ! Yheeeeeeeeeee!

With a mighty grin, he arrives next to Masao and throws the cloth and wood item onto the burning goblin.

UPDATE Map - C

  • ADVENTURERS GO!


  • Male Halfling Swashbuckler 4

    I can't see the map via my cell, but I was goin after the Dazzled goblin, yet you said he was an extra crispy mess. Or am I just confused?


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    Alaren seeing the dazed Goblin slice at Dairkal she drops her longbow by the barrel hoping it will not be set on fire. She runs to Flank the Goblin standing in front of Dairkal while pulling her Elven Curved Blade.
    Move to L15 - to Flank the Goblin

    She yells in Goblin. In Goblin
    Goblins chew and Goblins bite. Goblins be dead before night.
    Her voice is lyrical but sounds scratchy and off key. She winces at the sound of the Goblin language coming from her mouth.

    Gripping the polished and beautiful elven curved blade in both of her hands she elegantly slices the air following through with all her power. She is aiming for the Goblins little neck hoping to decapitate it.

    1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7
    damage 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

    Wow I can't seem to hit anything! Maybe should have stuck with the bow.
    Dairkal - I think iron dice mis-typed I can see the map and you are in from of the dazed Goblin. Masao and E-Terah is in front of the other Gob.


    Dairkal wrote:
    I can't see the map via my cell, but I was goin after the Dazzled goblin, yet you said he was an extra crispy mess. Or am I just confused?

    The dazzled one is still up. He's directly in front of you.

    The apple lobbing gob that gave you the black eye is the toasty critter.


    Male Halfling Swashbuckler 4

    Dair let's out a yelp when he gets cut, then tries to return the favor 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (5) = 7

    There we freakin go!


    BOOYAH!

    Why are the smallest always so brave? This has been asked when conversations have turned to Halflings for countless generations.

    The diminutive swashbuckler unleashes a flurry of slashes at the Goblinoid creature before him, slicing deep ribbons through it's greenish grey skin.

    It lays dead at Dairkal's feet.

  • Two down. One left alive.


  • Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    At first the only sound Haley can hear is the rush of fire through her veins and her heartbeat, but no, this sound beats louder and far more ancient than her own. Like wardrums in her temples, like thunder beneath her breast, the heartbeat of something old and terrible and...

    She blinks away the sensation. She hears the last agnozied groans of the burning goblin and an emotion that is both triumph and pity overwhelm her. The heat leaves her hands and her tattoos darken. Guilt and remorse has doused the last embers.

    She sees a dogslicer catch Dairkal, however, and concentrates hard enough to conjure up a cantrip.

    Dracoris' Eh Tor' Lakora, No No, Kalora de...uhm...Dazoria!

    Haley Casts Daze on the remaining goblin. DC 14 Will Save to Negate


    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 3 23/23 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    Move to g14.

    Screw it. Casts Guidance on herself

    The she dwarf watched one of the little menaces go up like a struck tindertwig at the tattooed girl's smoldering hands. She strode briskly around its screaming,shrivelling form as it writhed in its death throes lest it set her alight in its thrashing.

    The second went down to the halfling,who leapt upon it in a flurry of stabbing blades,rapier and dagger sticking into its filth-crusted green-gray flesh. Grunting her approval,she focused on the last.

    She saw the last remaining goblin Yank up an umbrella and charge over to its burning companion,teeth chattering in obvious glee at the carnage. Snorting,she slapped a free hand over her heart and a faint flash of scintillating gold aura outlined herself.

    Guide me hands against these little vermin!!


    As the golden wash of guidance flows over E'Terah, the rest of the Angels and Dairkal watch as Masao takes a practiced slice at the remaining goblin at his side.

    Masao Katana attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

    Knowing other warriors surround him, he stifles a verbal curse as his blade fails to slice the crazed creature.

    Haley’s cantrip washes over the fire crazed goblin
    Gob will save1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
    So focused is it with it's intent to burn the world that Haley's cantrip fails to grab at what little senses the creature has.

    And yet . . .
    Somehow. Someway.
    Haley still managed to imprint herself on the goblins fragile concentration.
    Looking up, it's eyes loose their glassed over gaze and it sees for the first time the adventurers standing around. It's gaze locks with Haleys.

    ArrrrrRarrrrrrrrRrrrrrrrrrr!

    Leaping over the now smoldering embers of goblin bones and flesh, it runs at Haley scratching with long broken and jagged nails.

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    It manages to entangle a nail in Haley's garment, but no bodily damage is done.

    Echoing in the distance you continue to hear goblin song

    <Chase the baby, catch the pup.
    Bonk the head to shut it up.
    Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
    We be goblins! You be food!>
    *
    *Translated form goblin

  • Time for a goblin beatdown, me thinks!

    MAP UPDATE-D


  • Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 3 23/23 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    Touch of Acid Attk plus Guidance and HATRED1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15
    Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Snarling out an oath that resembled the growl of a angry hound,the she-dwarf made a fist with her free hand. It started to hiss and smoke,white wisps rising from it as what appeared to be salt started to bubble up through the leather of her glove.

    Rearing back as the manic little beast hurled itself at the tattooed girl with ragged nails raking uselessly over her clothing,she slapped it upside the head with a heavy open palm and slathered the hissing alkaline salt across its wrinkled face. Flesh started to bubble and blister instantly.

    She bared her teeth in vicious triumph.

    FINALLY! !!!


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    Alaren feeling frustrated by her lack of striking a Goblin, steps toward the remaining goblin and strikes at it with her Curved Elven Blade. Move to J16
    1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12
    Damage 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

    Watching the Dwarf's strike the Goblin, Alaren lessens her blow as she realizes the Goblin is already severely wounded.

    She continues to hear the echoing Goblin Song and is disturbed by how it continues without the Goblins in front of them.

    She looks at the Goblin and questions it: In Goblin
    <How many of you are there? What are you doing here? Why are you here?.>

    She looks about at the carnage the Goblins had created in front of the Newly Finished Temple.
    Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Looking for any additional Goblins in hiding.


    Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    In all of her 18 years of life on Golarion nothing had ever charged her in anger before. So when the goblin rushed forward with his ragged nails eager for her throat she found it impossible to react.

    Her cantrip had failed, most likely do to her own verbal stumblings with the spell- how proud her instructors back home would be- and the goblin came on with a frantic whorl of murder in his oversized eyes.

    But with all the ferocity of a landslide the she-dwarf collided with the goblin from the side, her palm coated in a haze of hissing white that ate at her attacker's face. The goblin's momentum shifted violently and his slashing fist moved wildly along the thin fabric covering Haley's midriff doing no real damage but tearing the cloth.

    Half a moment later the slender blade of the elf connected from the other direction and,like the precise strike of a sand adder, struck green flesh in a blur of motion.

    A light spray of blood dotted Haley's face, neck and shoulder who remained motionless during the swift and brutal exchange.

    She blinked. The sound escaping her lips soft and miserable.

    Ewwwhh..

    Haley takes no actions this turn.


    The pinned goblin looks quizzically at the half-elf speaking it's language.

    Alaren wrote:

    She looks at the Goblin and questions it: In Goblin

    <How many of you are there? What are you doing here? Why are you here?.>

    It responds Burnz it. Burnz it’z all! We allz here’sess. Allz uf uz. Hehh heh *glerp* *keff*

    It’s flesh and vocal cords melt away as the she-dwarf displays a fearsome attack against the creature. It drops.

    Five strangers. Brought together by the promise of festive revelry. All standing in a circle of carnage. Their bright clothes now torn and blood splattered. Peace ties long discarded and trampled into a scorched earth.

    The halfling stands with a blackened eye, swelling near to the point of closure. An open wound slowly oozing blood. The rest, although tattered, burnt and bloodied seem uninjured.
    At least physically.

    A moment.
    A calm.

    As the totality of the scene is unfolded, mild chaos still rules the streets.

    All about, townsfolk still run and flee. Down one alley a goblin leaps off a roof in an attempt to land on a victim but misses. It’s neck breaking causing it’s head to awkwardly face the wrong direction.

    Across the street a goblin throws a lit torch at a fleeing mother. Before you can react, the torch lands on another goblin and lights his armor on fire. The mother gets away.

    Perhaps the worst is over.
    Perhaps this nightmare is passing.

    Alaren, ever attentive, is the first to hear it.

    A boom.
    A fire.

    South of the Temple entrance sits a cart. On the cart is the fuel for the evenings planned bonfire.
    A goblin warchanter commands three warriors who have lit the cart afire.
    There target? The entrance to the newly rebuild Temple!

    The warchanter sings
    Burn the town. Burn it all.
    Burn all longshanks, big and small.
    All will die. All be dead.
    Goblins, goblins, burn their heads!

    UPDATE Map E

    The steps the the Temple entrance are seen on the east side of the map. The warchanter is the eastern most goblin (not by the cart)


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    Alaren looks at the Goblin as it chokes out its last words. Looking alarmed - she translates what she has heard to the group. They are here to burn the entire town. An entire Goblin tribe. Her brow furrows in disbelief of what has happened. This glorious day has suddenly turned very bad.

    She looks at the chaos as it unfolds around them. Then she hears the boom and her head snaps toward the sound. Seeing and hearing the warchanter sing, she looks at the group around her.
    They are going to burn it all. We have to help stop them.

    Alaren runs up to the small tent closest to the start of the Goblin's Bon Fire move to O21 and ducks behind whatever cover is available. She hopes the others will help and prays to Densa for some luck.

    Alaren draws on what little sorcerer blood there is in her vains and ice particles and freezing air shoots from her hand and hits the Goblin with the widest smile. Goblin at R24
    Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

    She hopes to distract the Goblins from the Bon Fire. With a little luck the towns people will help to at least put out the fire or they will be rebuilding the temple again.


    ADDENDUM:
    I did not spell it out exactly, but a roud or three passed during the calm reflective period in my last post. If anyone wanted to do some quick little thing (heal, retrieve weapon etc), just state so in your post.

    My thinking was to keep the primary action going and let the commentary exist as a separate dialogue. Similar to the flashbacks before.

    Aas you were . . .


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12
    GM Iron-Dice wrote:

    ADDENDUM:

    I did not spell it out exactly, but a roud or three passed during the calm reflective period in my last post. If anyone wanted to do some quick little thing (heal, retrieve weapon etc), just state so in your post.

    My thinking was to keep the primary action going and let the commentary exist as a separate dialogue. Similar to the flashbacks before.

    Aas you were . . .

    In the brief calm period Alaren goes and retrieves her Bow and returns her eleven blade to its scabbard.


    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 3 23/23 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    E-Terah shook the caustic salt from her hand along with bits of the goblin's face. She frowned at the carnage of burning buildings and fleeing townsfolk and goblin insanity. She sea one clamber onto a roof with a dogslicer it its teeth and attempt to leap on a man's back only to break its neck on the street.

    Another goblin streaked after a terrified woman clutching a squalling baby,chattering excitedly.Before she could take a step into that direction to help,the harried woman promptly skidded around a corner when it lobbed its torch at her back. She vaulted over another goblin.that halted in surprise as her skirts fluttered over her head before it caught the torch in its face and promptly lit,freaking out and running out in circles.

    Yet another had a small puppy viciously tearing into its back,hanging on and shaking its grubby patchwork armor and rags as it shrieked like a tea kettle in abject fright while it wheeled in a dizzy circle.

    This town is pathetic if this is how they deal with gobs. They should have dogs and horses loosed to scatter the little turds. And stone buildings. To my knowledge,stone doesn't catch fire so readily. the she-dwarf scowled at the various scenes that unfolded around her.

    She gave acknowledging glances at the four other individuals standing with her. The only ones who actually attempted to stop the goblins instead of just fleeing. None of them,herself included,had had any real effectiveness due to the goblins manic movements.

    When she heard the tell-tale sound of flame going up,and saw the flash,she spotted the source quickly: four more goblins maneuvering a blazing cart of wood straight at the newly constructed temple!

    Her eyes narrowed behind her spectacles as she recognized the female warchanter begging them on---and the source of that annoying noise. She couldn't understand the lyrics but the rhythm was familiar enough.

    Grunting,she hooked her maulaxe onto her belt. She saw the half-elf hurry towards them,fingers moving in a somatic spell and the glitter of frost. She clapped a hand over her heart,casting the glowing glow of Guidance over herself once again,and took out her crossbow once more.

    Ducking past the other three,treading over the corpses of the goblins uncaring,she waddled towards the cathedral in a charge.

    Cast Guidance on myself . Equip crossbow.Double move toward goblins. Move to R19.Attack Goblin at R 24.

    Once she reached the temple's steps,she raised her crossbow and snapped it off at the nearest goblin.
    1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 19Guidance +Hate
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 3 23/23 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    A moment prior

    Feeling her curse slide away despite the situation,since she was out of battle now,the she-dwarf cleared her throat loudly.Addressing the other four people,which consisted of a half-elf female,a halfling male with a blackened eye,a female human girl,and a male human of noticeably exotic descent,she held up a still smoking hand.

    Oi.Let's get this out th' way. Name's E-Terah Deepheavy,as you c'n see,Imma dwarf and a farmer fr'm outta town. I'm also an oracle an' as all oracles are,I'm cursed.In. battle or times o' stress an' excitement,I can only speak and hear th' Tongues o' th' Earth. Also known as Terran. So,I'm not actually ignorin' you if'n you talk to me an' I don' reply. Anyway,Imma go kill me some gobbies!


    Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    A moment prior

    Haley's fingers touch her cheek and they come away speckled with rust colored blood. The goblins, she assures herself, not her own. However, someone has been hurt, and when she sees the halfling's wound she rushes to her new friend's side.

    Dairkal! What did those little monsters do to you? Haley finishes tearing off the strip of fabric the goblin snagged, revealing tanned skin and more spiraling tattoos along her flat stomach. She dabs at his bleeding wound having no real knowledge of healing and convinced he must be on the brink of death.

    Those..those goblins shouldn't be here. The walls are high! This is a day of faith and the Gods have seemed to have given them leathery little wings to fall upon us.. She glances up at the new temple and feels anger touch her. How could benevolent deities allow such a thing to happen on a day dedicated to them?

    Haley turns her attention to the other defenders who have circled about. She hears E-Terah's gruff introduction and tilts her head in greeting. The elf, Alaren, gathering her weapons just off to the right. A silent Tian swordsmen in the shadows.

    It is good to meet you all..despite the circumstances. She gives a slight smile of relief as Dairkal's wound doesn't seem as serious after the pressure and brief cleaning. I'm Haley. Haley Kindel. And I hope that..

    AN EXPLOSION! BOOOM!


    Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    Back to the action!

    She senses the fire even before it erupts and the sensation cuts off her introduction. She stands as smoke rises and the high pitched chanting begins again. The goblins aren't finished yet it would seem.

    Her fear burns away, suddenly and unexplainably, her courage bolstered by the nearby flames. Her fists clench, cherry red fingernails digging into her palms.

    Haley's youthful face takes on a look of defiance. Well if the Gods won't help then so be it. Let's burn these little bastards to ash and let THEM sort it out when we are done!

    Haley moves to 18o trying to use the stage as cover

    Uttering cantrips had failed her earlier, but what if she could combine her kindred bond with the flame and the results of such a spell? Instead of relying on the words of power, Haley attempts to manipulate the flames around the goblins, urging its burn so that the thick smoke billowing from it will fill the lungs of the closest goblin and send it into a fit of painful coughing.

    Essentially, Haley casts Daze on the middle goblin. DC 14 Will Save to negate


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    A moment prior

    Alaren walks back to the group with bow. Alaren takes the tattered remenace of her peace tie that had been attached to her eleven blade and pulls back her long black hair into one long swath of hair hanging down her back.

    She slightly tilts her head as the dwarf introduces herself, watching the fascia Mohawk Boyce with her words. She gives a brief smile as the Dwarf says she is going to kill some gobbles.

    She watches as Haley finishes dabbing at the Halfling's wounds. He did get hit by the Gobbling but it could have been worse.

    I am Alaren. I was on my way to explore some ruins near by and stopped for the day's festivities. Wish the gods would provide a little better outlook for the ending festivities. Appears this hoard o Goblins are set on burning down Sandpoint.

    As they hear the explosion - Haley's word trail off

    see action above


    As these strangers begin the slow dance of friendship, with the most basic of introductions, the crisis continues.

    Fire. Goblins. Warchanter. Temple.

    Danger. Townfolks. Destruction.

    Alaren retrieves her bow and sprints to cover behind a table. Reveling she also possesses arcane talents she lets loose a frosted ray, striking the southern most goblin.
    Injured Gob has red outline

    E’Terah charges forward attaining a better vantage. Loosing a bolt she strikes the goblin squarely dropping it like a rag doll to the earth below. One less to maraud the town.

    Haley’s actions, much like those of Aralen, show a headful caution to the dimwitted creatures ability to damage others as she seeks cover at the stages corner. A pinch of lint, a movement of the hand and muttered phrase cause the smoke to billow and gather around the eastern warrior goblin.
    Gobs will save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
    Chocking and gagging at the backlash of soot in it’s eyes and lungs, the goblin spins in circles waving both hands about screaming Smokez! *kefff*Smokez! I kill *chaa*you’sa. Die nast’ez *keff*smoke’sa!
    The dazed goblin will be unable to act on it next turn, being so occupied with the smoke cloud

  • Masao and Dairkal’s turn left to go. The Gobs. The warchanter looks on, assessing and chanting.

    <Longshanks fight then longshanks die.
    Shove a dagger in their eye.
    Twist, twist, into their brain
    Make it hurt, give them pain!>

    MAP Update F
    I slightly adjusted who hit what goblin to maximize your turns. I figure in linear play everyone would have spread out the damage once each gob was hit and not piled up on a single one.


  • Male Halfling Swashbuckler 4

    A moment before

    Now that he's got a moment to rest, Dair presses a hand to his side where he's bleeding. Thankfully, the wound wasn't that bad, but it still hurt like hell.

    Then Haley was there, and her gentle ministrations made the pain that much less. He smiles at her "Thank you, you're very kind"

    Upon hearing her words against the gods the little man frowns "Don't be so quick to assume the gods have abandon us, after all, as bad as this attack is, are we not here to beat it back?" He says, with a touch of seriousness in his voice.

    As the others gather nearby, he introduces himself as well "Name's Dairkal and I am a juggler, performer, magician and storyteller."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Elsewhere in Sandpoint . . .

    In a dark alley, in a scrambled maze of streets, feet stop running. Deep heavy breathing is the only movement. Cries and screams echo in the distance.

    Then the familiar crackling orange glow of torch light rushes in, illuminating a green face with bloodlust eyes. The goblin has found him and approaches. Sniffing, or sensing him as prey. Whatever those damn crazed abominations do.

    The man's clothes are cast in shifting refrain by the approaching torch. No longer the clean tailored straight lines of a uniform. Tattered, dirty and soaked with sweat and blood as they are now.

    From the other side of the alley a young couple dart in. Lovers perhaps. No matter at this time. Seeing the light, they cry out. Who’s there. Oh please, please can you help us. The gobs are on out trail. Help us please.

    The clever gob, easily distracted, now advances on the couple. The man also scrambles towards the couple. He now has a plan. Yes, a good plan thinks to himself. Here, this way. I can save you. I’m with the town militia.

    The goblin squeals in delight. Goblins burn and goblins bite! Three longshank faces be my snack tonight!

    The young girl screams at the goblins song. Even without understanding the language, the tone is terrifying.

    The man reaches the couple moments before the goblin. A glint of steel where there was none before. A slender blade swipes the air. I have a way out. I always have a way out. the man assures.

    Stepping between and behind the couple, he slashes at their ankle tendons, drooping them to the floor.

    There goblin. Feast on those. That should keep you busy for a bit of time.

    The man runs from the alley and the echoing screams it emits. He’s safe. He’s safe now. Just as he was safe when he fled the carriage a fortnight ago. If he can survive this, he can survive anything. The former carriage driver continues to weave his way around sandpoint. Always safe. Always with a plan.


    Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    That song! Like a twisted nursery rhyme, the goblin's song seems to feed their mayhem like lamp oil on a wild fire. Just past the billowing smoke and the fury of Alaren and E-Terah shrieked one of the sources of that terrible cadence. It had to be silenced, Haley decided, even if for a moment.

    Stepping out from behind the safety of the stage to better gain sight of the rising flame between them, Haley gives in to the new presence in her bloodline that has awaken so fiercely. yes.. It seems to utter. Burn it all down.. And, at that moment, perhaps she would if she could..

    Instead, A Phoenix takes shape and lifts itself from the makeshift pyre on wings of sparking light, its beak opens but it's war cry is the pop and fizzle of an elaborate firework.

    It spreads it's wingspan out over the goblins below, stinging but harmless sparks falling like rain on their bulbous heads, THEN- It arches and streaks like a dart directly towards the war chanter trailing light behind it.

    Haley casts Snap dragon fireworks. DC 16 Will to negate. Dazzles!

    1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


    The crazy little gobbles need a chance to take a turn before the PC's unlease whoopass again. I've got a busy day, so it may be late afternoon of early evening before I can channel their will into actions.


  • PC’s continued

    GM-PC Masao
    Masao’s training in war kicks in. Seeing the warchanter, he knows that striking down a leader will break down moral among the ranks. He charges at her holding the katana parallel and steady with the ground in a deadly lance charge.
    double move to p20

  • Goblins turn

    The eastern warrior turns and spins, waving wacky wonky flying flaying fists at the smoke choke he cant revoke.

    The southern most goblin, having been injured, seeks justice from the closest longshank it sees. It’s torch waving circles above it’s head the gob runs at Alaren jumping up on the table she’s using for cover. Burnz your hair. Burnz your head. Goblin fire makes you dead! it screams in common.

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Attack with flaming torch
    1d4 ⇒ 2Melee damage
    1d2 ⇒ 1Fire damage

    Alaren head jars, and the whiff of burnt hair reach her nostrils.

    The warchanter growls at the charging samari. Griping his whip, she takes a step forward and utters a charm. Pee you pants. Split your sides. Laugh out loud before your diez!
    Masao feel the urge to spontaneously burst-out in hideous laughter.
    Masao will save DC 12 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    Masao drops to the ground, griping his side, a giant Jocker grin plastered on his face. And his pants? Yea, there wet.

  • PC's. GO!


  • Male Halfling Swashbuckler 4

    Dair moves down near the umbrella, and bushes, using the cover to vanish Moves to N24. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 Stealth


    Forgot to post the updated map link

    updated map link


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    Alaren watches in horror as the Goblin she hit with the Ray of Frost jumps on to the table in front of her and screams for her to Burn. She screams when the torch hits her on the head and sets fire to her hair.

    She screams in pain as the fire begins to singe her hair. She grasps at her side for the waterskin and pours it contents over the top of her head. Now mad and dripping wet the half elf takes two steps back from the Goblin in front of her move to O19 .

    She takes an arrow from her quiver and notches it in her bow. She takes aim at the Goblin on the tale yelling in common. Usual for a Goblin. She releases the arrow. As it takes flight she screams in Goblin - DIE!

    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
    Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 3 23/23 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    E-Terah let out a horrified gasp as Alaren's cascade of ink-black locks caught for when the goblin she had struck with magic frost retaliated by bashing her over the head with its torch. It cackled gleefully as the poor half-blood's hair flared and her pained scream. She then extinguished the flare with a waterskin.

    Then she backpedaled,drawing her bow and notching an arrow. Screaming angrily,she snapped it at the torch wielding goblin.

    She saw the halfling dart over to some bushes lining the street and vanish. She sneered,thinking he fled.

    Then she saw the quiet human with the odd sword attack the warchanter,missing badly. The female gob sang something in her scratchy voice and suddenly he collasped to laugh violently,a wet patch spreading on his pants and the smell of urine.

    She leveled her crossbow at the warchanter. She had to go.

    1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3Attk

    1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5Dmg


    Male Halfling Swashbuckler 4

    I'm pretty sure my moving above was my prior turn, yes? So I can attack this new turn? Maybe?


    Dairkal wrote:
    I'm pretty sure my moving above was my prior turn, yes? So I can attack this new turn? Maybe?

    You get a move and an attack, or double movement. Also a free action, such as speaking, and often an extra five foot step.

    Here's a good link


    Male Halfling Swashbuckler 4

    Yea, I know, I meant that I think I'm down a turn, as I believe this is the second round of combat. First round I moved into position and stealthed. Now, on round two, I can attack. I think


    Male Human Samurai 1

    all. My apologies for the delay in running Masao. RL slapped me like a giant punting a halfling. I can manage taking over next round.


    Male Halfling Swashbuckler 4

    Dair darts out of the shadows and attacks the warchanterAttacking from P22, so I am flanking with Masao. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


    Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 3 23/23 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    Can I choose farmer as a profession?


    Haley’s festive fireworks fly at the warchanter.
    Warchanter save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

    It waves it’s hands at the colorful display as if to dismiss them. Instead the goblin leader shrieks out and pulls back hands blackened with burn marks.
    Curses upon you longshanks! Yezzzzzz curses aplenty!
    it does not even notice the mohawked she-dwarfs bolt strike into the wall behiend it.

    Alaren's arrow misses the target and she decides to scoot back 10 feet to gain some distance from it’s fiery torch.

    The goblin on the table, having the attention span of a . . .um . . .goblin, sees the samurai griped in hideous laughter and does not even attempt and attack of opportunity on the ranger scooting backwards on her rear.

    Dairkal sneaks up behind the table dancing gob and slices out, striking only air as the creature shifts position at the last moment.

    The little goblin lays down prone on the table and with a squee of delight pokes his torch at the cackling longshank.
    1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 4 = 12
    Even in Masao's undignified condition he is able to avoid the creatures attempt.

    As the smokey daze begins to clear from the goblin next to the cart (t23) it sees the spectacle of the samurai and it's fellow gob poking him with a fire stick. Inspired, it also lets out a squee and throws it’s torch as Masao.
    1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 4 = 27

    OHHH! It’s a perfect hit. The torch lands directly on the most flammable exposed cloth area of Masos undergarment. Whoosh it goes up in flames.
    Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1 (1d4 ongoing until extinguished)

    Another squee emits from the warchanter. The trio of sounds could issue visions of elephants blowing damaged brass instruments in an echoing cavern. These goblins are having a grand ‘ol time enjoying their victory over the longshanks.

    Wiping watering squee juice form it eye, the warchanter spies the dwarf in the open and focuses the squeeing sounds into a wave of mind clouding energy.
    Daze at E’Terah. DC 11 will save to negate

    Map UPDATE-H

  • Dairkal's Angels turn


  • Female Dwarf Oracle (Stone) Lvl 3 23/23 HP , AC 18 flatfoot 14/touch 11/ CMD 14/Cmb+3

    The she-dwarf casted another golden glow of Guidance over herself,tapping her chest. Then she raised her crossbow once again to snap of the last remaining bolt in the case at the warchanter.

    1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4Attack
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
    And again she missed its bobbing head. She spat in disgust at her aiming skills.

    E-Terah saw the giggling warchanter focus on her,sending a wave of distorted heated air from the fire washing over her...
    1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11Will Save+ Guidance


    Female Human (Sorcerer 1) HP 8/8 AC 13

    Her precious fire had become the enemy.

    In the hands of the goblins, the sacred flame had become nothing more than a tool of clumsy application. The little monsters treated it like a caged beast that they could whip into a mild frenzy...they did not see the majestic and purifying essence of the flame like she did. This, above all else, made her angry in a way she had never felt before.

    Licks of it had scorched Alarens hair and a spiraling wave of flickering hot was rushing up the length of the Tian's arm. This had to end.

    Moving forward through the madness of battle, Haley began to summon every last molten reserve of magic from her bloodline. As she past Masao she spoke out loud to the fires that climbed him like a siege tower attempting to slow their hunger and make it easier to put them out. You had to let them hear you, these flames, for whispers would not coax them.

    Be still and know your true enemy. She purred. I have need of you! Haley tried hard to keep any desperation from her tone.

    With the heat gathering in her hands becoming almost unbearable, she approached the war chanter and her nearby goblin companion. Lifting her hands before her in a motion that was both a wild release and a pleasurable exchange, she poured the last of her power into her spell and a crashing wave of flame washed towards the goblins with white hot intensity.

    Haley moves to T21. She casts her final spell of the day, Burning Hands, targeting the two goblins in the cone! DC 16 reflex for half. Flammable materials catch on fire.

    2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8 Fire Dmg


    Female Half Elf Ranger HP 8/12 - AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12

    Alaren still smelling burnt hair from her head looks around at the chaos created by the Goblin Warchanter. Masos is on the ground now on fire. E-Terah looks as mad as a dwarf can possibly be as she just missed the Warchanter again. Haley's tattoos are again becoming visible after the effects of her last spell recede. And Dairkal looks almost as upset as the Dwarf as he again misses the Goblin.

    She takes the water skin still in her hand and pours the remaining water on Masos hoping it is enough to extinguish the fire on him before he gets burned more than he already is.

    Alaren thinks about what she had learned about Goblins while out searching the Thassilon Ruins. She had always just avoided them and did not pay much attention beyond picking up their language from a distance. Much good that is doing her now.

    Alaren moves next to E-Terah Q19
    And again takes an arrow and notches it in her bow. She takes aim at the Goblin Warchanter.
    Again a prayer to Densa to guide her bow true to its target, she releases the arrow.
    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
    Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

    The arrow goes to the left as the Goblin Warchanter watches the fire in Haley's hands.


    Male Halfling Swashbuckler 4

    Annoyed. That's how Dairkal felt, as he and this new allies kept missing the goblins. He was confident they would win the day before long, but these stupid little creatures were just so aggravating. It would make him happy to finally put them down.

    He decided he needed some guidence here. So far, his blade struck true only once, though twas a good blow. He whispered to his goddess "Desna guide my blade" and struck again 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (3) = 6. Attacking the warchanter.


    Spotting the spell attack from the warchanter E’Terah steels her will and fends off the effects. Unfortunately that same concentration caused her eye to wander from it’s target and her bolt flies wide of it’s intended target.

    Alaren knowing first hand the sizzle of goblin fire extinguishes the growing blaze on Masao’s garb. Her once soft and feminine brow takes on the look of rough chiseled stone after loosing another arrow and seeing poor results.

    Haleys resolve hardens as she sets to end these fiery devils abuse of her beloved flame. Seeing an opening, she moves into a tactical position.
    A word. A motion.
    Suddenly there is silence. The air compressed and heated so no sounds can travel. Then.
    Whoosh!
    Fire. Heat. Flame. Smoke. A cone of blazing relief escapes the young sorcerer engulfing it’s prey.

    Warrior reflex save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18, Warchanter 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

    The gob warrior stands on the edge of Haley's vengeance and is able to dodge the brunt of the effect becoming slightly singed in the process. The warchanter however takes the fiull brunt of the incantation. Fire hitting from the front then reflecting off the wall to enshroud it in intense burning heat. Flesh wrinkles; shrinks; blisters. Turing to ash before dispersing into the undulating waves of heat. When the fire retreats a smoldering husk slumps where the brazen warchanter once stood.

    The warrior however, still breaths. Though just so. When attempting to right it's self from the table it's blackened frames convulses. A rapier blade protruding from it's ribs.

    Dairkal steps back, sliding the blade out from the dead corps. He delivered the killing blow.

    _____________

  • The burning hands fire clears. All those squares are clear for PC movement
  • Only the gob warrior at t23 remains alive. He is injured.
  • The cart still burns in place. Not currently moving or any danger to nearby structures.

    Map UPDATE-i

    NOTE: Continued on page 3, post 101

  • 51 to 100 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Iron-Dice RoTL AE Campaign All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.