Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Henry Fortuna's First Steps (Sessions 1-3) [Group 2] (Inactive)

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

More fresh-faced adventurers seeking their destiny for the Pathfinder Society.


351 to 400 of 524 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

The imp is now shaken (not stirred, sorry :P) for 2 rounds.

Aesantiel.


It still has the box in its grasp.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

Aesantiel leaps on the bed, and past the Imp, attempting to grapple the Imp in the process.
either very spectacular, or just plain ridiculous...

Round 2:
AC 15 conditions: none
Actions: (move) Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 (please adjust for bed springiness, or collapsiness...)
(standard)Disarm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 (and yes, more AoO)
...and, of course, however much it hurts to land...


Imp's AoO:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20; damage:1d4 ⇒ 3. Fort save, Aesantiel

The imp quickly lashes out with its stinger and lands a good hit on the elf. She falls to the ground as she is surprised. The bed breaks underneath her weight.

Falling damage:1d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 It's a cushy bed :)

The imp has a good laugh at Aesantiel's expense, but suddenly notices it no longer has the box.

Round 3. Simon.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

I had a strong suspicion that was going to hurt...
"Laugh devil monkey - laugh! aha ha ha ha..." oh wait, wrong character...
Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


*grimace*. Take 1d2 ⇒ 1 Dex damage.

Silver Crusade

Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

Hate to be the rule Nazi, but the imp should have had a -2 to that attack since he's shaken. Now I'm not 100% on this one but since Aesantiel jumped to grab the case, shouldn't she get another acrobatics check DC15 to ignore the first 10 feet fallen?


Since she wasn't damaged from the fall, we can just wave that away. Even with a -2, the imp's attack still hit.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

I'm good with the dramatic license :) 'sides, the AoO would've hit with the penalties. And I don't rightly know how to make a detailed adjudication of 'shaken Imp on rafter stings acrobatically flying (OK, falling with style) elf snatching box away from the Imp'


I think it's best to laugh at Aesantiel's acrobatic follies and move on.

Shadow Lodge

Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

Simon makes a grab for the box, then stands as close to the 3 more martially inclined people as possible.
"We will need to return this. Hostilities need not continue if you do not wish them to."
He says aloud to the imp.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

Murmured to Simon, from the collapsed bed, clutching the leg where she's just been stung, "Why yes, you're welcome. Please do take charge of the item."

'It probably is someone else's turn to be a target for a while.'


The imp sneers at Simon before vanishing before his eyes. You hear some skittering but see nothing.

GM Notes:
Imp dmg:3

Elross.

Silver Crusade

Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

Looking around the room, Elross analyzes the situation. Simon is the only one that can heal Aesantiel, he realizes, but he's got that damn case. Sheathing the dagger into his belt (move action), Elross takes the case from Simon and moves away from the group (double move action). "Get Aesantiel out of here," he tells Simon and Cedrick while holding the case behind his back against the wall. Holding his shield in front of himself, Elross scans the room for any movement.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

Aesantiel stands from the bed, dragging a bedspread behind her.

'Invisible? That presents difficulties.'

"Elross, please allow me." and Aesantiel plucks the silver letter opener from his belt.


Round 3:
AC: 14 (down one DEX) conditions: poisoned (-1 DEX)
Actions: (move) stand, bedspread in left hand
(move) draw Elross's dagger
Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 ... and down more dex. Must work together with the snake venom. oy!


Aesantiel:1d2 ⇒ 1dex damage.

Cedrick, your turn.

Osirion

Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Cedrick moves to just outside the door and ready an attack action if the Imp decides to show its face.

    Attack if needed:

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 22
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 1 = 6


    Simon.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Channel 1d6 ⇒ 4 Selecting out the imp.
    Simon raises his spear over his head and channels healing energy over his allies.


    Imp's Attack (vs. Elross):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27, dmg:1d4 ⇒ 4
    Fort Save, Elross.

    The imp appears behind Elross, looking malevolent as it drives its stinger into one of Elross' less-protected areas. Cedrick's arrow flies by Elross' ear and slams into the imp.

    GM Notes:
    Imp dmg:7

    Elross.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Heal 1 point of damage, take four, current HP 9

    Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

    Elross hefts his shield and attempts to smack the imp (standard action), keeping the case behind his back. He then makes a dash for the door (move action).

    Shield Bash: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19
    Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


    Elross, take 1d2 ⇒ 2dex damage.

    Elross raises his shield and hits the imp squarely, but the attack seems to have no effect other than irritating it. Elross then makes his way outside of the room, leaving the door open. Zarta raises an eyebrow as Elross stumbles in.

    Round 4: Aesantiel's turn

    Repost of initiative order for those (like me) with short-term memory:

    Simon
    Imp
    Elross
    Aesantiel
    Cedrick

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Hey you two, get out of there!

    On his initiative, Cedrick will ready an action to slam the door shut as soon as Simon runs through it.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Aesantiel heeds Cedrick's advice, and sprints out the door. She whirls, and visibly menaces the doorway with the silver letter opener.

    Round 4
    AC: 14 (down two DEX) conditions: poisoned (-2 DEX)
    Actions: (move) out through the door
    (standard) readiedattack the imp as it comes through the door
    attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 (boo :\ )
    Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 (yay! feeling less-getting-worse)

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon runs through the door behind Aesantiel, making sure to keep out of the way of the door so the others can prevent the imp entrance to the room.


    Round 5

    Aesantiel runs from the room, shaking off the effects of the poison. Simon also makes his way out of the room. However, Cedrick is left alone with the angry imp.

    Imp's Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24; Damage:1d4 ⇒ 2
    Fort Save, Cedrick.

    The imp notices the bow in Cedrick's hand and decides to stay put since range won't guarantee it safety.

    GM Notes:
    Imp dmg:5

    Elross. Don't forget the Fort Save ;)

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    just as a reminder, cedrick had moved outside the room, and had readied an action to slam the door once simon had left.

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Right, what she said. In round 3 I moved out of the room. Right after Aesantiel moved out in Round 4 I readied to shut the door. At the beginning of Round 5 Simon moved out of the room and I promptly shut the door. On the Imp's initiative he is alone in the room, on the other side of a closed door from the rest of us.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Elross sets the case down and rubs the sting wound. It's not as easy as the old dwarf used to say, he thinks, regarding Talhelm's advice.

    Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


    Ah, I read that wrong. Disregard :P Combat is over.

    As Elross overcomes the poison, Zarta appraises your bumps and bruises. She shoots Aesantiel a glance. "Seems like you can handle yourself. I'll have Aldor show you out."

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Throwing the shield over his shoulder, Elross picks the case back up and follows.

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Let's drop that case back at the Lodge before we head on to the Docks.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon takes a look at everyone to see if there is anything he can do for the poison and heals damage before allowing them to head to the docks.
    Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
    Channel 1d6 ⇒ 1
    Channel 1d6 ⇒ 6

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Aesantiel bows stiffly (physically) to Zarta, "I regret that the lovely bed was damaged. It was subject to an... unforseen turn of events. Thank you for the very instructive and stimulating visit." With that, Aesantiel limps somewhat awkwardly out.

    ~~~
    "Thank you Simon, for extending the beneficence of your deity's favor to us." Addressing the group more broadly, "Yes, Cedrick, I think it would be wise to divest ourselves of this item as quickly as possible."

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Cedrick starts back to the lodge.

    Since there are no dissenting voices, I assume we are all going that way...

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Elross follows the group, staying somewhat in the middle as to provide extra protection to the artifact.

    Does Simons channel energy return our dex damage?

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Unfortunately it does not Elross.

    "I agree. After all the trouble we went through to acquire it we may as well return it now."


    Your trip back to the Grand Lodge is uneventful and Ambrus takes the box from you with no more than a satisfied grunt.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Acknowledging Ambrus's acceptance, Aesantiel sketches a short bow. Turning to the rest of the group, "On to the docks then." and Aesantiel sweeps out the front gate of the Lodge, exactly as at the beginning of the day. Almost - there is some stiffness to her stride if you know to be looking for it. As in the morning, she turns at the street, observes, the street, and waits for her companions.

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Ok, let's be on our way.

    Perception take 10: 10 + 6 = 16

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon follows the others to the docks.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Walking past Aesantiel, Elross grabs the silver letter opener. "I'll be taking that back," he says coyingly to her with a wink. Sheathing it on his belt, be follows the group.


    Cedrick:
    Again, you catch a glimpse of the halfling with the handlebar mustache from this morning staring at your group. He seems to be counting to himself and nods to himself satisfactorily. He then disappears into the crowd again.

    You make your way to the Docks District. The heat of the day has yet to abate and the stench of fish is almost unbearable. Sailors pass you by, obviously ogling Aesantiel. Some early drunkards sit in front of taverns watching the crowds go by. Ducking through some back alleys, you come across Guaril Karela's curio shop - The Pickled Imp. You open the door and enter the shop.

    This creepy shop contains myriad odds and ends, most bereft of any discernible use. A number of malformed creatures and creature parts bob in jars on a long, prominent shelf, a tiny fetal devil centered in this macabre lineup. The shopkeeper, a greasy-haired Varisian with a thin mustache, shouts from behind the cluttered counter:

    "Ah yes, I see the Pathfinders have arrived. I'm glad Ambrus was able to lend a few of his new recruits to help me. Please come in and let me tell you what I need."

    Looking around as if to be absolutely certain no customers are browsing the aisles of knock-off Thuvian burial urns or supposed Azlanti porcelain, he begins again.

    "Well met. I am Guaril Karela. A friend of mine has a warehouse near here and he received a parcel on behalf of me and some of my associates, but there’s a problem. See, Master Gelbane had to leave town in a hurry and our shipment is still waiting at his warehouse. Rumor is he ended up in trouble with the law and the place was seized. I heard tell from someone down at the docks that some creep was snooping around his warehouse just the other night, so I want to make sure nothing of mine was taken. He keeps all kinds of things, from beer to nails, in that old pelican, but every now and then he stores something really special. This is one of those cases.
    "There’s a big crate marked with three crows arranged in a triangle. Inside that crate is a smaller container with a few books and papers in it. That’s the only parcel I’m interested in, and as far as I’m concerned, you can help yourself to the rest of the crate. Honestly, anything else you want in the place too. I’m sure the once things get sorted out, the city will seize most everything else anyway.
    "My associates and I often work with the Pathfinders when it comes to special relics and documents, getting them in and out of ports and across borders where the authorities ask too many questions. Most people don’t realize what they have and frankly many don’t deserve to have it, so sometimes we help take the goods off their hands. If things work out well and you get this done, I’d be glad to talk with you more and help you out with any future endeavors, as long as you help me out too. I’m good at returning favors, trust me."

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    On the way to the Docks,

    Again, with the Halfling.

    We seem to be under observation by a shady looking Halfling, with an obscenely large moustache. He seems to be measuring our numbers and strength. Keep on your toes. I don’t think his intentions are noble.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Elross glances around looking for the halfling, but fails to spot him through the crowd. I really need to keep my whits about me, he thought to himself, that halfling should stand out like a a sore thumb.
    -----
    Walking into The Pickled Imp, Elross sneers at the musty stench within the building. As the Varisian man approaches them, a homesick feeling comes over him. It has been so long since I've seen someone from home, he thinks to himself. After listening to Guaril's problem though, Elross' thoughts change quickly. This sounds a lot like how the Sczarni move their illegal shipments back in Varisia, he remembers.

    Knowledge (Local) (the symbol): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

    "Aceste assoiciates ceva nu se va întâmpla să fie Sczarni, nu-i asa," Elross asks in Varisian.

    Translation:
    "These assoiciates wouldn't happen to be the Sczarni, would they?"


    Elross:
    The symbol has no meaning apparent to you.

    "Some are," Guaril replies, nonchalantly.

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Senor Karela, do you know anything about a suspicious looking Halfling we have observed watching us? Perhaps something heard through the grape vine? Cedrick continues on to describe the Halfling as best he can.


    "Hmm, no one I've ever heard of, but Absalom is home to all sorts. It'd be best to keep your eyes open and your gold in a safe place."

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    "It sounds as though the three crows is a mark of some trade house or merchant. I am unfamiliar with local commerce - what is the meaning of the symbol?"


    "Merely the trade symbol of those I've ordered these items from. Nothing special."

    351 to 400 of 524 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Henry Fortuna's First Steps (Sessions 1-3) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.