Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Henry Fortuna's First Steps (Sessions 1-3) [Group 2] (Inactive)

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

More fresh-faced adventurers seeking their destiny for the Pathfinder Society.


51 to 100 of 524 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Osirion

Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Taking in children is a noble pursuit, but taking advantage of them is the lowest of the low! The end of Cedrick’s sentence is more of a growl than a statement. He takes a moment to compose himself, and then speaks again. We will deliver the medicine swiftly, and discern her intentions.


    "My apologies, I forgot to introduce myself in my haste. I am Ollysta Zadrian," the paladin says. "Be wary, if Gilga Baltwin is indeed abusing our charity, she may not make the evidence easy to find."

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    "Why on Golarion would someone want to take advantage of children? We will get the medicine to them and get to the bottom of this if you suspect them.

    Simon gets very heated at the mention of children possibly being neglected.

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Cedrick flashes back to his own childhood, and the kindly monks that took care of him. They made it a happy one, but no one can replace one’s own mother. Who was my mother?

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Seeing that the package has been secured, Aesantiel bows briefly and quietly introduces herself. 'I'm not sure how this supports the Pathfinder Society mission, or who the Silver Crusade is, but we've got orders to assist, the package, the name, and the next address. It appears straightforward. Though perhaps one more bit of information...'

    "Is there a particular suspicion you have of Mistress Baltwin?

    After Ollystra's response, Aesantiel gives a leave-taking bow, and takes her leave. Stepping to the side of the doors as she exits, she awaits her companions.

    "If there is some malfeasance at this orphanage, my thought is that it would be in evidence either with the children themselves, in the back-stairs (kitchens, laundry), or in accounting books of some kind. Perhaps we should observe the kitchen staff and the children before we meet with this Gilga Baltwin?"


    "There have been rumors circulating that some of our charitable donations have ended up in...less scrupulous hands lately."

    Silver Crusade

    Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

    Krygmar listens intently but remains silent through the conversation until Aesantiel mentions the remaining in the orphanage "Good idea but how quickly will this medicine need to be delivered? We don't want any deaths on our hands!!!"

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    As Cedrick, Simon, and Aesantiel converse with Ollysta, Elross gazes around the temple. Worshiping the god of farm and family, he had never had a need to visit the chapels and temples; all he needed were his thoughts and prayers. However, the temples he had visited in his time were always full of breath taking art and sculpture. Turning his gaze from the statue of Sarenrae, Elross notices his rudeness. After Aesantiel takes her leave for the door, Elross steps toward the paladin. ”On behalf of my group and the rest of the society, I would like to thank you and your faction for your help. My name is Elross Kuthburn and should you ever need help, Ollysta, please seek me.” With a simple nod, he turned to follow Aesantiel and Krygmar. Visions of his two younger brothers filled his head; playing tag in the fields, learning to ride a horse, their first trip with him to market. Tears formed in the corner of his eyes as he remembered their funeral, the pyre burning high into the Varisian night sky. His hand clenched the head of his axe, The innocence of a child is far to sacred a thing.


    "Good Sir Dwarf, do not be overly concerned. We have not heard of children remaining ill or dying in Gilga Baltwin's care. However, there is the suspicion that she may not need our charity and may be using it to make a little gold on the side," Ollystra says, her face darkening with anger.

    She quickly composes herself. "Very well, Sir Kuthburn. I will consider your offer sincere and from a heartfelt place. You carry a great burden," she says tenderly, laying a hand on Elross' shoulder. "We can always use a person with both talent and devotion."

    Silver Crusade

    Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

    Krygmar turns red at his error "Yes...I...That is unacceptable. Taking from children in their time of need."

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    "Well let's not waste anymore time and be on our way."
    Simon states while making his way out the door.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    "Agreed, we've got a lot to accomplish today," Elross said exiting the temple.


    Ollystra bids you farewell and good luck. She offers you a final piece of advice. "Feel free to ask the local townsfolk about Baltwin before investigating her yourselves. It may prove to be helpful."

    As you depart from the temple, you catch a glimpse of Eastgate's famed Blue Tower. The tower of blue coral helps you keep your bearings as you pass along the winding roads between the Ascendant Court and Eastgate. Again you pass by several destitute beggars who look upon you with envy or indifference. The slums again dissipate into a scene of decidedly upper-middle class living. Stately manors and less-ostentatious townhouses make up the majority of the district. You notice that it is fairly quiet for the time of day, perhaps due to the fact that Eastgate hardly ever has problems.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    As the group enters the neighborhood surrounding the orphanage, Asantiel looks around for places where people are gathered. "From my experience, there would be a community well, a place with a common resource around which people gather and gossip. Is there something similar here?" she asks her fellow Pathfinders.

    'This is a good opportunity to learn from my fellows how best to seek such information.'

    Aesantiel looks expectantly around, anticipating that one of the more aculturated in her group will take the lead.

    OOC: OK, one of the real downsides to fish-out-of-water... She's a fish out of water, and doesn't know how to gossip at the local baker or butcher. She's got a real lack of that Knowledge(local) thing...


    Ah, but any fish-out-of-water knows that a silver tongue and a pretty smile can go far ;)

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon approaches a fruit stall vendor on the way to the orphanage and asks the vendor.

    "Do you happen to know of Gilga Baltin or the orphanage she cares for?"
    As he starts looking for some good fruit on the stall.

    Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


    Simon:
    The fruit vendor merely shrugs at you. She suggests that you speak with Miltivis who runs a nearby market. Most people who live in this area of Eastgate often go there. The vendor directs you with an almost discourteous point of a finger.

    Two elderly customers who overhear your question, introduce themselves as Travost and Tirelle Anthos, and decide to speak with you for a moment.

    "Oh, that Gilga is a mean one, but I suppose it's a blessing for those children. Frankly, we can't stand the noise with them running around. And the cats! Oh, don't get us started on the cats! At least, they're good for catching mice. Not like those children. It's nice when she sends them off into the town for the afternoon. We get a little peace and quiet before they come back in the evening"

    The majority of the fruit looks half a season too old. It seems that the vendor deals mostly in gossip, given that at least a dozen people are milling around her stand speaking in feigned whispers.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)
    Aesantiel wrote:
    "From my experience, there would be a community well, a place with a common resource around which people gather and gossip. Is there something similar here?"

    Looking around the area, Elross answers, "Not quite, but I do have an idea." I used to hear all kinds of stories sitting on the side streets, he thought to himself. Approaching the nearest beggar, Elross holds a gold coin between his pointer and middle finger. "Good day fellow," he asks, "I was wondering if you've happened to hear anything interesting about Gilga Baltwin or her Orphanage as of late?"

    Diplomacy (Gather Information) Check 1d20 ⇒ 12


    Elross:
    "Nay," the pock-marked beggar says, taking the proffered coin. "But yeh migh' wanna ask at Ol' Miltivis' store. 'Eard he's seen 'bout ev'ryone in Eastgate. Been 'ere for a long time."

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    GM:
    69gp -1gp =68gp applied to stat block

    "Ol' Miltivis' store, eh," Elross mutters to himself, standing up. Walking back to the group, he notices Simon has wandered over to a fruit stall. His stomach still ached over that missed breakfast."You guys don't happen to see a store sign that says 'Ol' Miltivis' Store' or something like that," he asks the remaining group members, looking all around.

    Perception check for sign or anything else strange 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon politely thanks the women and the vendor for their time and turns away from the stall to Elross.
    "No I don't, but I hear he runs a market in Eastgate. We should be able to find him there."
    Simon then starts walking the direction the vendor pointed.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    As Simon and Elross are discussing with the locals, 'Colorful, interesting locals,' Aesantiel notes, Aesantiel carefully considers the people in the street. She's looking specifically for an innocuous-looking, grinning, blonde halfling. Or anyone displaying undue interest.

    Perception:
    1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

    As the others turn toward the market, Aesantiel trails slightly behind. 'Frequently when the game is in sight, it is then that the hunter is incautious.' She stalks her band, and any other stalkers, for the rest of the way to the market.

    Profession(hunter):
    1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
    OOC: well, good to get that roll out. but i guess Aesantiel isn't accustomed to stalking in the city...


    Elross & Aesantiel:
    You do not notice anything strange nor anyone paying much attention to you. But you do spy a large painted sign. The weather-beaten and aged sign that reads "Miltivis' Necessities" is still in good repair.

    The streets fill rather quickly with locals, mostly bored housewives and men in their later years, and the quiet you noticed when you first arrived becomes a dull drone of gossip and irrelevant conversations.

    Who is carrying the medicine, by the way?

    Silver Crusade

    Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

    Krygmar follows silently his mood fouled by the suspicions of Gilga When I get my hands on her.

    He listens as Simon and Elross suggest a shop in Eastgate "You think dodgy dealings might be going on?"

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Unless anyone objects I will carry the medicine.
    Simon voices his opinion to Krygmar.
    "I am starting to get that feeling, but let's put all the pieces before we get there."

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Cedrick would insist on lending a hand, sharing the load.

    While his allies are questioning the locals, Cedrick will take up an inconspicuous position to watch the orphanage for anyone coming, going, or acting unusual.
    Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    'Well, perhaps this is my opportunity. Simon and Elross have demonstrated the technique. Aesantiel proceeds into "Miltivis' Necessities". She looks around for tea (a particular tea, Valsin's variety of tea...). As others of the party come in, Aesantiel will briefly catch each of their elbows, and murmur, "If you could allow me a moment..."

    As she shops, she sizes up the Miltivis, and any interactions he has with customers or staff.

    Aesantiel takes a small item (twine, if no tea is available), and proceeds to the proprieter.

    OOC: Aesantiel anticipates an older gentleman, based on previous information.

    While making her small purchase, Aesantiel looks at Miltivis, and says conversationally, "You are rather well known in the neighborhood - known as someone that pays attention, hears from many people, and can value what is worth knowing, and what is not." She looks at him frankly and openly.

    "I have some business I need to do. That business may flow through Gilga Baltwin and her orphanage. I have heard some things about Gilga Baltwin - but I hesitate to judge her without better sources. Can you tell me if there's something I should know? It would be a great help if you could help me evaluate what I've heard."

    Diplomacy:
    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

    OOC: ..and... the dice gods hate a painted elf in a city...


    Old Miltivis appraises Aesantiel with one good eye. "Aye, I know ol' Gilga well. Served 'er fer thirty or so years, I 'ave. Bit demandin' she is an' rude t' other customers. But she's been a good customer, she's kep' my supplier o' fine whiskey in business fer decades."

    Krygmar and Cedrick, you may attempt Diplomacy Checks or Knowledge(Local), if you so choose.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon leaves his place by the door where Aesantiel asked him to wait and heads to the counter.

    "Miltivis, I understand Gilga is a good customer, but if there is something going on at the orphanage we need to know. There are children there that deserve a good start. Something horrible has already happened to them at least once for them to be there in the first place. Do you have children? If something beyond control happened to you, is Gilga the one you would want looking after them?"
    Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    I have neither trained, so I will pass.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Elross ponders Miltivis' response.

    Miltivis wrote:
    "She's kep' my supplier o' fine whiskey in business fer decades."

    "How much does a bottle of whiskey cost," Elross says reaching for his money pouch, "It's been a while since I've had a strong drink." This should get me a price, he thought to himself, now to find out how often she buys it.

    After hearing the amount, Elross glances at his pouch then looks back.

    "Ya know, there was a reason I stopped drinking whiskey," he shared. "Probabably not a good idea to start again. If Gilga is buying enough from you to keep your business thriving, she must be buying it a lot, eh?"


    Miltivis waves his hand dismissively at Simon. "She ain't a bad person when i' comes t' tho' kids. They come t' 'er sick and when they leave, they're better. So I don't know what you've 'eard, bu' Gilga ain't doing it. People been trustin' 'er wit' their kids fer years."

    He turns to Elross. "That there's Oldlaw Whiskey, Gilga's favorite. I' goes fer twenty gold a bottle. I reckon she's in 'ere 'bout 3 or 4 times a week buyin' a couple o' bottles."

    Silver Crusade

    Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

    Krygmar joins the conversation "You never questioned where she gets the money for that amount of whiskey every week."

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


    "A man ne'er gets far in bus'ness if'n he pokes 'is nose in 'is customers' coinpurse," Miltivis says. He proceeds to attend to other customers, clearly done answering questions.

    Simon:
    Miltivis slips you a note. "Speak with Master Trebb Bonto. He lives across the street from Gilga."

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    "Thank you Miltivis, may the light of Sarenrae see prosperity head your way."
    Simon then exits the store, making a mental note to acquire general goods from here from this point forward.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Aesantiel bows slightly to Mitivs, pockets her tea, and quietly follows Simon as he exits.

    'There are subtleties to this. Simon provides a good example, and this group of companions a safety net,' thinks Aesantiel, with a warm regard for all the members of the group of Pathfinders. After the brief moment's meditation on her marked lack of success, Aesantiel moves past it, and gives herself to the experience of the next events of their quesst.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon then makes his way towards the orphanage. He reads the note that was handed to him, and then passes it to Aesantiel.
    "Apparently the neighbors are aware of something. It looks like we'll have one more stop before the orphanage."

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Aesantiel rapidly scans the note, then passes it around to the rest of the company. "If I might suggest that you take the lead - you appear to be effective in this. Ah - I believe this is the residence, " as Aesantiel steps lightly up to the front door, and uses the large knocker.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon replies politely.
    "If you insist, but practice does help, and this is what I would call a low-stress situation. It would be a good time to train social graces."

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    "Let's go make a circle of the block, Krygmar," Elross said, putting a hand on the dwarf's back. "We'll keep an eye out for anything suspicious, meet you guys back here in a few minutes."

    Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

    Silver Crusade

    Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

    Krygmar smiles "Aye right beside you Elross." He strides quietly beside him before looking up at the human "You make much of this situation? Seems like maybe som'thin a bit deeper is going on than just taking money. Alarm bells going off in me mind anyway." Krygmar makes sure to keep an eye on any suspicious activity, if anyone looks his way he glares hard at them.

    Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Cedrick falls in step with Elross and Krygmar.

    Let’s not be too quick to judge, Master Dwarf. Though the purchase of Whisky does seem odd, we don’t yet have the whole story. Folly lies in hasty conclusions.

    Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


    You part at the corner of Master Trebb Bonto's house, with Simon and Aesantiel approaching from the front and the other three heading to scout out the rest of the block.

    Bonto's home is simple, yet elegant. You spy a ruddy-looking man with large hands working wood on a little stone patio on the side of the house. He glistens with morning sweat but he seems absorbed in his task.

    Cedrick, Elross and Krygmar:
    You move past Bonto's house and you see children frolicking from the worn house across the street. The house, Baltwin's, is taken care of and her yard (aside from dusty children) is well-kept and neat. You do not see anything out of the ordinary aside from a small retinue of cats.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

    Krygmar has always had a hatred (and fear) of small furry animals and hefts his hammer high ready to defend himself from the beasts. He steps back slightly and shivers "Nothin' to really note around here. Maybe we should head back with the others." He tries to crack a smile and look calm but his voice cracks on the last word. I swear they found a way of hiding their evil aura's.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    *facepalm*

    Noticing that something has Krygmar on edge, Elross nods to the dwarf and says, "Very well, hopefully Aesantiel and Simon had better luck." Turning around to regroup, Elross glances over his shoulder one last time. Everything does appear normal, he thought to himself, let's hope it really is.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Aesantiel raps on Master Bonto's door, but she steps aside indicating by posture that Simon 'has point'.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon waits a moment more at the door, then makes his way around to the side of the house. He approaches the woodworker.
    "Master Bonto?"


    "That'd be me," Bonto says, looking up from his project. "Trebb Bonto, retired builder, at your service."

    His hands are calloused and his face rugged, but Bonto looks well for his age. His dark hair is slicked with sweat and his hands covered in sawdust.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

    Kyrgmar follows quietly behind Elross and listens to the conversation between Simon and Bonto.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    "Master Bonto, I am here on behalf of the Sarenrae church. I need to ask you a few questions about your neighbor Gilga. We are trying to ensure the best for the children in her care, and have heard some conflicting things about her nature. Do you, as her neighbor, have any information as to her true character?"

    Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

    51 to 100 of 524 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Henry Fortuna's First Steps (Sessions 1-3) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.