Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Henry Fortuna's First Steps (Sessions 1-3) [Group 2] (Inactive)

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

More fresh-faced adventurers seeking their destiny for the Pathfinder Society.


1 to 50 of 524 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You wipe the sweat away from your respective brows. You have been training for the better part of the early morning, though the timing did not seem to matter. The sun beats down upon you and wave of heat rise off the stones of the Great Lodge. You are each separately approached by a venture-captain who tells you that Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin wishes to speak with you.

You are guided to the hallway outside of Valsin's office. It seems that five of you are grouped together and, upon asking, a venture-captain will confirm this for you. One of the venture-captains also tells you that Valsin is speaking with someone now and will see you shortly. Off to the east end of the hallway, you see a few seasoned Pathfinders chatting and exchanging notes. Aside from them, you hear nothing else.

Feel free to introduce yourselves to each other at this point.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

Krygmar nods to the Venture Captain and allows him to lead the way. He has jet black hair streaked with premature grey, his beard and hair cover the majority of his face, his skin looks harder and thicker than normal, with dirt engraving the corners of his jade green eyes. He has a stony gaze and he gives off an earthy aroma. He stands rock like at attention but takes a moment to study the others in the group before gently stroking the huge hammer that he carries in his hands.

Shadow Lodge

Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

Simon is a man appearing to be in his early thirties. He has blonde hair combed straight back, piercing blue eyes, and a friendly, approachable demeanor. He is clothed in a fairly plain white robe, with a spear casually slung across his back.

Simon approaches the dwarf standing in the center of the room.
"I hear we are going to be working together, the name is Simon."
He then extends his hand in an introductory manner towards the dwarf.

Silver Crusade

Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

Elross eagerly followed in the Venture Captains footsteps. Pulling his long black hair back into a ponytail, he checked over his armor and equipment. Everything looks presentable, he thought to himself, I really don't want to screw this up. His violet eyes, a gift from his Varisian mother, slowly combed the hallway as he studied every detail. Always be aware of your surroundings, his mentors used to tell him, surprise can be a very dangerous foe. A few older Pathfinders stood at the end of the hallway, muttering to each other words he couldn't hear. Ah how he envied them. Soon enough though, he would be the one exchanging notes of his adventure while some youth watched anxiously. The Venture Captain stopped outside of Valsin's office, where there were two other Pathfinders speaking. One was a dwarf standing almost statuesque, the other a blonde haired human wearing white robes. He had seen the two around the complex before, but never stopped to chat with them. He figured now was as good a time as any. Nodding to the Venture Captain's orders to wait, Eloss approached the two nervously.

"Good day gentlemen. Do either of you know why we have been summoned by Venture Captain Valsin? Oh please forgive my rudeness, my name is Elross Kuthburn." What a great first impression, he regretted to himself.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

"Simon, Elross. Names Rocwell. Krygmar Rocwell." His voice is deep and echoes around the corridor. "Dunno why we here, but I am pretty eager to find out." His face remains stony and he looks anything but eager however he continues speaking "Oh and you weren't rude, so there ain't anything to forgive."

I imagine Krygmar's accent as pretty much Scottish :D

Silver Crusade

Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

"Heh, yeah." he said looking to his feet. His mother had always taught him that even something as simple as a poor introduction could greatly affect the path a relationship could take. His eyes started to glaze over at the thought of her. Not here, not now, he recovered with a sniff and a quick glance back up. "Rocwell is it, and Simon? It's nice to meet the two of you," he said shaking their hands.

Osirion

Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    A tall man in loose clothing walks up, the olive tint to his skin betraying his heritage. He carries a backpack, and a bow as his only visible weapon.

    Hello, I trust I am in the right place. Well met, fellow seekers of wisdom and adventure.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Aesantiel walks in at the tail end of the introductions. She's tall (6') and graceful, deeply tanned with long chestnut hair tied back in a utilitarian braid. Her eyes are a startling piercing green. She's dressed in a simple linen set of monk's robes with a gauzy veil over her hair.

    "Simon, Elross, Krygmar, Cedrick. I am Aesantiel of the Taegrejee na'Maauteran. Some here have referred to my people as 'the Desert Elves of Rahadoum'." Aesantiel's vioce is a clear, liquid contralto. "It is my hope we will work together harmoniously." Her greeting is delivered calmly - a wind-smoothed sandstone plinth standing imperturbably in the desert.

    Aesentiel bows gracefully to those assembled, then observes. Her manner is serene. Each of the assembled group knows with absolute certainty that they have her full and undivided attention. No detail of their stance, movement, or expression is taken for granted. At the same time, she does not stare. Without knowing how they know, and without needing to articulate it, they are certain that Aesantiel is fully present in the moment, and occupied with the experience of introductions.

    Elross Kuthburn wrote:
    "Good day gentlemen. Do either of you know why we have been summoned by Venture Captain Valsin? Oh please forgive my rudeness, my name is Elross Kuthburn."

    Having no information to contribute, Aesantiel remains silent, cocking her head almost imperceptibly to acknowledge the question.

    Aesantiel remains focused as the group comes together and is introduced. She observes her surroundings. The time for meeting with Venture Captain Valsin is not yet. The venture-captain at the door will announce the start of that event, was the unspoken sense of the anticipation underneath and behind her immediate attention on the hall and her companions.


    Whilst you are introducing yourselves, the door to Ambrus Valsin's chamber flies open, nearly knocking the attending venture-captain over. You see a young half-elf woman emerge at a hurried pace, her face red with anger and tears in the corners of her eyes. She looks up at you momentarily and tries to straighten her expression. She flashes you a thin smile, shoves a few loose papers into a chapbook and makes her way down the hall.

    After she leaves, you can clearly see a tall, well-groomed man standing behind his massive wooden desk. He makes a small gesture, clearly indicating that you are supposed to enter. The stunned venture-captain does his best to escort you through and closes the door behind you.

    Ambrus Valsin's office further enforces his reputation as straightforward and efficient man. There is a large framed map of Absalom hanging on the wall to your left. The wooden desk, obviously a choice of function over form, is well organized, with papers neatly stacked. You get the impression that even Valsin's tea cup is meticulously placed.

    Valsin motions for you to sit and he takes his seat. He sips from his tea cup, his eyes appraising you carefully. A couple of sips later, he sets the tea cup down and addresses you:

    "All right, rookies! Listen up. Seeing that you have just finished your Confirmations and your instructors speak well enough of you, it is time that you start receiving assignments. You may be eager to make names for yourselves in this organization, but first I need to make sure you are up to snuff and won't get yourself killed out there. I have a number of small assignments for your team, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day's end.
    Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything to join up with the Pathfinders. Most of them are
    good kids, but not all of them have the salt to make it in a world like this. It’s rough out there and I’m not just talking about the ruins, tombs, and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on missions. We’ve got people who look down their noses at us, folks who think
    we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected. This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the most powerful organization on the planet. That said, since we are fractured and widespread, it’s difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies."

    Valsin produces an envelope from a desk drawer and, after of a moment of what seems to be deliberation, hands it to Cedrick.

    "Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine. I have prepared a list of things I want you to do. They’re not arranged in any particular order of importance, but I want them all completed as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you complete them all. Included in the envelope you hold in your hands is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and directions to the meeting location. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have another group of rookies to meet with."

    Valsin stands, walks over to the door and opens it for you. The venture-captain who was standing outside ushers you out and promptly guides another set of recruits into Valsin's office.

    Actions?

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    As the young half-elf emerges, Aesantiel assesses her degree of disequilibrium. She considers the young half-elf is either dissembling, inconsolable, or in need of comfort.

    Sense Motive:
    1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

    IF upset but not inconsolable
    Aesantiel steps lightly in front of the half-elf, and braces her shoulders. She gazes into the young woman's eyes for an eternal heartbeat. Aesantiel enfolds her in an embrace that communicates, "You are not alone. The world has not ended. There are those in the world that care for you. Do not lose all heart."

    Touching her own chest, Aesential says aloud, "I am Aesential." And expectantly awaits the young half-elf to identify herself.

    With a parting, regretful, look she conveys, "Now I must go, but I hope to see you later." And Aesential steps smoothly past her into Valsin's office.
    ENDIF

    Aesantiel takes in Valsin and his habitat. She absorbs his initial regard and silence, 'He gauges our unease. Our discomfort. The question is well posed.' thinks Aesantiel, extending her own regard to her companions. She gauges their reaction to the charged silence and slightly arrogant, intentionally dominant, sipping of tea.

    As Valsin outlines their assignment, Aesantiel evaluates, 'There is genuine heat and pain in this discourse on betrayal, if perhaps somewhat blunted by repetition. That is promising.'

    Throughout, Aesantiel conveys only respectful attention. She drinks in the information, the context, the overtones. But she gives nothing back. The envelope of taskings contains everything they must evaluate and possibly question. The style of presentation is obviously intended to foreclose any discussion.

    As they stand to leave, Aesantiel asks quietly, but clearly, "The young lady that just left. Who is she?"
    note: Aesantiel will ask Valsin regardless of whether or not the young lady identified herself as she was leaving.

    After they exit, "Let us find some dining hall or meeting room, and set our strategy. If we are to genuinely support venture-captains, this is an opportunity to create good impressions. If this is another exercise, then best done quickly." With a quick mental calculation, she moves purposefully toward the nearest meeting space that is also on the way to the front gate of the Lodge.

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    There is a nice garden near by that we could go to. A calm place for thought is welcome when important decisions are to be made.

    Cedrick swiftly reads over the contents of the envelope as he walks.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon falls in step behind the other two en route to the garden.
    "So what sort of mission have they sent us on?"

    Silver Crusade

    Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

    Krygmar stands in silence as the orders are passed out. He eyes the envelope hungrily but waits patiently for Cedrick to share it's words. Krygmar salutes the Valsin before leaving and follows beside Simon. "Aye, I am eager to get started on this little quest of ours. The garden sounds nice, hopefully get some privacy." He uses his hammer like a walking stick as he walks.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Shaking the hands of Rocwell and Simon, Elross notices the sound of footsteps coming up the hall. Glancing over his shoulder he notices two more individuals approaching, one a large half-orc that Elross has often seen while passing the archery fields, the other a stunning elf that seems to glide rather than walk. They introduce themselves to the group, but before Elross can return the gesture the door to Venture-Captain Valsin’s office flies open. As a young half-elf emerges from the office, obviously flustered, Elross can’t help but feel empathy for her. Ambrus Valsin is a very intimidating Venture Captain, he remembered his mentors telling him. Then with the utmost care Aesantiel, embraced the poor girl almost as a sister. Behind them a large man stands at his desk waving at the group to enter. As Elross enters the office, his hand fidgets with the axe secured in its ring holster. Noticing that Valsin was in no mood for formal introductions, Elross sat down quickly and listened eagerly. When Valsin handed Cedrick the envelope, Elross wondered why he hadn’t chosen him. I’ll just have to show Valsin that I’m worth keeping around, he remembered the crying half-elf. After the abrupt mission statement the others hurried of quickly, Aesantiel mentioning leaving as soon as possible. It’s a good thing I packed my rations today, he thought to himself as his stomach ached from a missed breakfast. He hustled to follow after the group, wishing he could take a look at the envelope.

    ”Agreed,” he stated placing a hand on Krygmar’s shoulder.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

    Krygmar smiles for the first time when Elross places his hand on his shoulder Now this may be a man worth fighting beside. He looks Elross up and down weighing up his fighting skills then grunts happily "Together we shall crush and slice our foes. Krac and I are pleased to fight by your side." He lifts his huge weapon when he says the name Krac. Suddenly he realises he has spoken his emotions and to almost a perfect stranger, he returns his stony mask and continues to walk.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Krygmar’s smile reminded Elross of Talhem, one of the heroes that had taken him under their wing years ago. I miss drinking with the ol’ dwarf, he thought to himself. It was Talhelm that taught Elross the proper way to fight with an axe. The axe is mighty weapon, he used to preach, don’t swing as if you were chopping wood. A smile drew upon Elross’ face, ”And I at yours."

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Upon reaching the garden, Cedrick locates a favorite spot of his under a large Elm tree, sits in a classic meditative position, pulls out the contents of the envelope, and spreads it out on the ground in front of him.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Walking into the garden, Elross is instantly in awe. How have I never found this garden, he thought to himself as he looked around. It seemed as if the only sounds were those of their footsteps walking along the brilliant green grass. The spear on his back knocked against his shield ever so slightly, and yet the sound echoed across the garden. The sound was almost a sin in the peaceful space, so he quickly silenced his things and followed Cedrick under a large elm tree. In the shade of the tree Elross felt the heat of the sun dissuade, a gentle breeze rustled the branches above. As Cedrick spread the contents of the envelope out in from of himself, Elross felt conflicted. Had this been his mission, he would have eagerly scooped up every note and begin reading through it immediately. This is a group mission though, he thought to himself, best to let everyone have an equal chance. He simply leans in and begins reading over the parchment from his seated position.


    Aesantiel: The Abridged Chronicles:
    You have decided to interact with a personally created NPC who is not in the session. You get a cookie! Anyway...

    The young half-elf woman, startled by your apparent concern, stops in her tracks. She brushes the tears from her eyes. "My name is Jessica Harrigan. I've only been a Pathfinder for a couple of months. Don't worry about me, I'm just upset because Venture-Captain Valsin was very critical about my last report. He's harsh, but ultimately fair. I haven't developed the thick skin that most seasoned Pathfinders have."

    She extends her hand in sincere appreciation for your time. "If you ever need something, just let me know."

    She departs in the same manner as stated above.

    Valsin cocks an eyebrow at your question. "Someone who has a lot of promise, but has yet to deliver."


    You notice that in the garden, there are a few Scrolls (students who specialize in knowledge) sitting about, enjoying the sunshine and the relaxing sounds of a nearby fountain. Upon opening the envelope, you find that Venture-Captain did, in fact, give you a list that reads as follows:

    Assignment #17

    • A man named Guaril Karela runs a curio shop in the Docks called the Pickled Imp. Go to him and fill his request as a favor to the Society. I believe it has something to do with a set of rare books.
    • Ollysta Zadrian requested aid and is expecting you at the Temple of the Shining Star in the Ascendant Court. She needs someone to deliver a parcel of medicine and curatives to a needy orphanage and verify the character of the recipient.
    • Visit the offices of Osirian nobleman Dremdhet Salhar in the Wise Quarter. The Pathfinder Society needs to obtain permission to delve the Salhar ancestral vaults beneath Sothis. He has made a verbal agreement, and your visit makes it official. You will receive an official charter and detailed maps. Do not embarrass the Society in this matter.
    • Chelish Paracountess Zarta Dralneen possesses an item loaned from the Vaults. Meet with her in her estate in the Ivy District and retrieve the item in her possession.

    Feel free to map out your route at this point in time.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Point of Information: The Pathfinder Grand Lodge is located in the Foreign Quarter (ref) of Absalom. So... "You Are Here"

    Taking a long glance at some of the lounging Scrolls, Aesantiel says quietly, "Perhaps we should presume on our resources as Pathfinders to learn more of these locations. I can foresee spending much time wandering the streets of the Ivy Quarter seeking the residence of the Paracontess. And perhaps some of our compatriots also have more information on this curio shop and Temple."

    She casts her eyes down humbly, "I have little familiarity with this area, and said honestly, I am not much at home in the city."

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon crosses his arms and states.
    "I'm not very familiar with this city either. A bit too warm in my opinion. Suppose you have to go where the work is though. Any of you three from around here?"

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    "I'm not from here, but I've been in the city for a month or so." He looked over the parchment again, searching his memory for the key places and names.

    Untrained Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    It does not sound like any of these locations are particularly obscure. I don't know that our Venture Captain would play such a trick on us for a 'trial run'. I vote we visit the Temple of the Shining Star first. Children are generally in better spirits and easier to deal with in the morning.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Aesantiel steps over to one of the Scrolls, "Excuse me, we were hoping one of you might know the city well. We have an assignment from Venture-Captain Valsin, and we would be pleased to mention in our report any Initiate who could provide us with information to complete these tasks quickly and thoroughly." She regards each of the Scrolls in turn, weighing whether their expertise would be worth the time spent with the Initiate.

    brief break to interrogate some hapless initiate...

    "Perhaps it might be efficient to divide our efforts? It happens that I speak Osirian, and the background of my tribe may be intriguing to the Osirian Dremdhet Salhar. Perhaps Elross and I can go together, while Cedrick, Simon, and Krygmar visit the Temple? In this way there will be at least one human in each group."


    Elross:
    You've heard of all these places and, in the case of Paracountess Dralneen, you suspect that she might be at the Chelish Embassy

    Aesantiel:
    You encounter Jessica again as she is juggling several sheets of paper, holding an inkpen between her teeth. Her eyes light up as she sees you. You explain your plight.

    "Oh, those places are well-known! A lot of Pathfinders report to them on a regular basis. You can just ask around in those districts and you should be able to get accurate directions. If you're really in a hurry, you can get a carriage ride for 1 copper piece each."

    She goes back to her note taking, but when she hears of you splitting up, she approaches the group.

    A familiar half-elf woman approaches your group. "I'm sorry if I'm intruding, but I wanted to give some friendly advice. If Venture-Captain Valsin gave you these tasks as a group, it's for a very good reason. Besides, you don't want to get in trouble for disobeying his orders, do you?"

    She looks over your list. "I think the order it's in is pretty good. Start at the docks and work your way back up and around."

    She walks over to Aesantiel, fishes a few coins out of a pouch, and gives her five copper pieces. "That should get you started...and also serve as my thanks."

    With a smile on her face, she walks off with blank sheets of parchment being blown by a light breeze.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    "Jessica, thank you for sharing your insights - you have greatly improved our ability to succeed," Aesantiel presses her hands and looks at her warmly. Aesantiel accepts the copper pieces - she has her sufficient of her own, but sincerely desires not to give offense. 'Perhaps I can find a clever use for this money. Now what was the tea that Valsin was drinking? It smelled... so. I believe I can at least recognize it.'

    and... crunch goes the cookie :) Here and I was hoping to save that until after dinner. We'll just have to bake some more.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)
    Aesantiel wrote:
    "Perhaps it might be efficient to divide our efforts? It happens that I speak Osirian, and the background of my tribe may be intriguing to the Osirian Dremdhet Salhar. Perhaps Elross and I can go together, while Cedrick, Simon, and Krygmar visit the Temple? In this way there will be at least one human in each group."

    "That sounds like a good plan, Aesantiel. Then when we are done with Salhar, maybe you and I could track down Paracountess Dralneen in the Ivy District. If my memory serves me correctly," and Erastil I hope it does, he thought, "she spends her evenings at the Chelish Embassy."

    Jessica wrote:
    "I'm sorry if I'm intruding, but I wanted to give some friendly advice. If Venture-Captain Valsin gave you these tasks as a group, it's for a very good reason. Besides, you don't want to get in trouble for disobeying his orders, do you? I think the order it's in is pretty good. Start at the docks and work your way back up and around."

    "You know, she does have a point," Elross stated looking to Krygmar. The last thing I want to do is fail on my first mission, he neglected to add.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    "I also suggest we stick together. I know this is a small mission within the city, but the Pathfinder Chronicles are full of missions where people that split off from the group were never seen again. Best to start getting in the habit of working together now."

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Wisdom is found in a multitude of councilors, and in many minds working together. Splitting up would be... unwise.

    Valsin made a point to say the tasks were in no particular order. I stand by going to the Temple first, then we could work down the list and swing back to the Docks in the evening, after most of the day’s business has been completed.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Standing lightly, Asential gathers their eyes, "Then we go now to the Temple." She turns with a swirl of robes, and strides purposefully, rapidly, but without haste.

    As Aesantiel leaves the building and turns her steps toward the Ascendant Quarter, she casts a glance over her shoulder to see that the group remains together. Seeing her companions strung out behind her, she finds a quiet place at the edge of the curb, turns, and waits imperturbably for all to catch up.

    'Moderate and adapt,' she reminds herself, 'moderate your behavior in the social context, and adapt to the cultural conditions. This is an opportunity to observe and learn differences.'

    Silver Crusade

    Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

    Krygmar thinks and ways each option in silence before mentally agreeing that splitting up may just be a bad idea. He looks about at everyone quickly "Aye, Temple sounds good to my ears." He follows slowly behind Aesantiel "Delivering medicine to an orphanage sounds like a worthy cause."

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    "Then the temple is it," Elross says as he stands up clutching his belongings quietly. "C'mon Simon, we don't want to be left behind," he jests, patting Simon on that back.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon nods towards Elross and stands up to follow the group.

    "Just be careful not to scare the children with those weapons of yours."
    He jests back, while picking up the tail of the line.


    Perception Checks everybody.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


    Krygmar's Perception Check:
    1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


    As you depart from the Grand Lodge, you notice that the area outside is bustling with various folks: Pathfinders, laborers, vendors heading to The Coins, sell-sword adventuring groups and the like. You notice the distinct Chelish and Osirian architecture dominating the greater part of the Foreign Quarter.

    Moving through the streets towards the Ascendant Court, you catch a glimpse of a blonde halfling with a handlebar mustache and determined eyes looking directly at your group from a nearby alleyway. You attempt to get a better look, since his stare is distinctively unnerving, but a crowd of raucous sailors cavort and stumble in front of you, occupying your attention. When they pass, the halfling is no longer there.

    You make your way into the Ascendant Court, you notice that there are more beggars and people on the edge of subsistence occupying the sidewalks and ramshackle homes. This dingy scene is soon replaced as you move through the impressive manor houses, the opulence a stark contrast to what you had witnessed just a mere moments earlier. You even catch a glimpse of the fabled Starstone Cathedral, its structure a beacon of hope and its history the stuff of legends.

    Despite the assault on your visual senses, you arrive at the Temple of the Shining Star in short order. This massive temple, a tribute to Sarenrae, is indeed impressive. You see that the great doors are shut.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Elross looks around to doorway, confused. "There's no wind or rain today, why would the doors be shut?" He steps forward and gives the door three pounds with his fist. "In the name of the Pathfinder Society, open the doors," he yells. "We are here to see Ollysta Zadrian, by her request."

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    "Although I do agree that it is strange the doors to the temple are shut, they probably do have a good reason for it.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Aesantiel does not presume to have an opinion about a temple in a city. She watches, and learns. 'So apparently, it is usual for temples of this sort to have its doors open. I wonder if that is all the time, or just during the day? I may have to explore some temples at night, or perhaps ask a temple priest about the traditions and nuances.'

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    I have found that respect for the holy places is always met well, rather than blunt methods.

    Cedrick opens the temple door quietly, and slips inside.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Elross stares blankly as Cedrick slips through the door. "Well I didn't want to intrude," he muttered to himself. "Back home, the temple doors are always open." Smiling at Aesantiel, Elross enters the temple behind Cedrick.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord)/1

    That halflings raggled my nerves. He watches as Cedrick enters through the door and mutters to himself "Get the feelin somethin strange could be happening here." He walks through the door behind Elross.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Simon smiles and gestures for Aesantiel to enter, then walks into the building last. Once inside he starts searching around looking to see if he can figure out why the doors were closed.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    With a last look around the street for anything amiss, Aesantiel slips in behind the others, then closes the door firmly but quietly.


    As you walk into the temple, you notice that it is noticeably cooler in here than it was outside. The artwork in the interior is quite beautiful and almost evokes a sense of reverence from you. A large statue of Sarenrae stands at the far end of the temple. As you are admiring the temple, an attractive female paladin comes striding up to you.

    "Thank the light of Sarenrae you have arrived! I knew Ambrus would come through for us in the Silver Crusade. I desperately need you to bring medicine to an orphanage and let me know if the headmistress, Gilga Baltwin, is deserving of our charity. Since our quest began, the needy have clamored for our aid, and I suspect some are abusing our generosity. It may sound cruel, but there are plenty of dishonest people out in the world eager for easy gold.
    "Do you know of the Silver Crusade? After discovering so many factions splintered the Society, a number of us banded together to proliferate the cause of charity and kindness using the Society's resources. As it is said, 'The Dawn brings new light' and I've made it my life’s work to use our recent darkness to bring a new light to the world and to the Pathfinder Society.
    I apologize for straying off point. Will you bring this parcel of medicine to Auntie Baltwin’s Home for Recovery in the Eastgate district?"

    1 to 50 of 524 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Henry Fortuna's First Steps (Sessions 1-3) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.