Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Henry Fortuna's First Steps (Session 1) [Group 2] [Completed] (Inactive)

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

More fresh-faced adventurers seeking their destiny for the Pathfinder Society.


451 to 500 of 524 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

"If there is a pathfinder in distress we absolutely must help them."
Casting Bless
"Which alley is it?"
He asks, not seeing this disturbance in the crowd.

Silver Crusade

Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

Elross draws his axe and shield, waiting for an indication of where to go.

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

Aesantiel sprints directly into the alley, aiming for the far wall, about 1/3 of the way down the alley. As she hits the far wall, she runs up it, and executes a flying, hands-free walkover, landing 2/3-3/4 of the way down the alley, hopefully beyond whoever is waiting for them.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 1 = 16

Silver Crusade

Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

Elross follows Aesantiel into the alley. Upon seeing Jessica, he moves to protect his fellow pathfinder.

Silver Crusade

Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

Elross follows Aesantiel into the alleyway. Upon seeing Jessica, he moves to protect his fellow pathfinder.


As you enter the alleyway, you notice a familiar face standing over Jessica (J). It's the halfling (L) who had been following you all day, a great axe in one of his small hands. He is accompanied by three companions: a young and lithe red-headed woman (D), a blonde smiling woman (H), and a man with short light brown hair (W).

MAP

The halfling sneers at you. "Well, well, look what we've got here."

Initiative:
Elross:1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 1 = 16
Aesantiel:1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 1 = 22
Cedrick:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Simon:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Deandre:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Halli:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Waever:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Ledford:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Roll-off
Aeasanitel:1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 1 = 6
Waever:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

The man with short light brown hair moves in front of Jessica, rapier at the ready.

Aesantiel

Grand Lodge

female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

Aesantiel sprints directly into the alley, aiming for the far wall, about 1/3 of the way down the alley. As she hits the far wall, she runs up it, and executes a flying, hands-free walkover, landing behind Daendre, in the space just vacated by Waever.

Round 1
Status: HP 8/8 | AC 15/15/12 | CMD 17 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | conditions: poisoned (-2 Dex)
Actions: (2x move) 1/2 rate move acrobatics, avoiding AoO
Acrobatics:: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 1 = 22


Deandre takes a five-foot step away from Aesantiel and casts a spell.

GM Notes:
Shield of Faith: 10 rounds

Elross

Silver Crusade

Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

Elross runs down the alley to help Jessica. As the brown haired man steps between them, Elross swings his axe hard.

Melee attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Silver Crusade

Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

Oh there should be a +1 to that attack from Bless if it matters at all, lol

Shadow Lodge

Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

Simon casts Doom (DC 15)on the halfling.
"You shall fear to strike those blessed by Sarenrae."

Osirion

Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Cedrick moves forward 15 feet and takes a pot shot at Ledford.

    Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11, vs. FF AC
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


    Ledford's Will Save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

    Ledford is shaken by Simon's spell. Elross' axe narrowly misses Waever (even with the bless) and Cedrick's shot is slightly wide.

    Halli takes a five-foot step and casts a spell from a scroll.

    GM Notes:
    Mage Armor: 1 hour

    Ledford will enter a rage, take a five-foot step and attack Aesantiel.

    Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Waever takes an attack against Elross.

    Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Round 2: Aesantiel

    Updated Map

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    What no critical fail?

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Aesantiel takes a 5' step into the square with Jessica, assuming a protective stance over her, and strikes Ledford with a fist wreathed in arcing electricity.

    Round 2
    Status: HP 8/8 | AC 15/15/12 | CMD 17 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | conditions: poisoned (-2 Dex)
    Actions: (free) 5' step
    attack Ledford: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 11, damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (6) = 13 (elemental fist 1d6 electricity)
    well... not so much. But don't forget your flanking!

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Cedrick Aims for Waever.

    Shot 1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23, damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
    Shot 2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10, miss
    Crit confirm: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13, miss

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    OOC: <gah!> typo'd. I'd meant to attack Waever - even took the +2 for flanking him. Doesn't much matter - 'whiff!'


    Elross Kuthburn wrote:
    What no critical fail?

    Nope. A 1 is just an automatic miss.


    Just a repost of initiative order...

    • Waever
    • Aesantiel
    • Deandre
    • Elross
    • Simon
    • Cedrick
    • Halli
    • Ledford

    Deandre makes a concentrated swing of her shortsword, directed at Aesantiel.

    Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18; Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    Elross.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Swinging at weaver

    Melee attack (with bless and flank): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 3 = 9
    Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    Lol no critical fails!

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    Cedrick sends a couple of arrows Deandre's way.

    Attack 1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 = 18, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


    Waiting on Simon. Cedrick, I still have your previous post to resolve after Simon's turn.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Well I think Aesantiel is hurt, channeling to heal and selecting out all 4 enemies.

    Channel 1d6 ⇒ 6


    As Simon's healing power washes over you (and Jessica), Cedrick's arrow hits Waever's arm, tearing away a small bit of sleeve and flesh.

    GM Notes:
    Waever current hp: 6

    Halli fires a bolt of acidic energy towards Aesantiel.

    Ranged Touch Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    As the spell fizzles in mid-air, Ledford moves to flank with Waever and attacks Aesantiel.

    "Let's see if you're as tough as you look!"

    Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

    Ledford's attack goes wide, his axe grazing against one of the alleyway's walls. He grunts in frustration.

    Round 3

    MAP

    Simon, I just moved you up 5 ft since it seemed logical to me.

    Waever takes advantage of the flanking halfling and attacks Aesantiel.

    Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19; Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, Sneak Attack:1d6 ⇒ 1

    Aesantiel.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)
    GM Henry Fortuna wrote:
    As the spell fizzles in mid-air, Ledford moves to flank with Waever and attacks Aesantiel.

    You didn't say he took a 5 foot step, AoO for Aesantiel! jkjk


    Wild Rules Lawyer appeared!

    What will GM Henry do?

    • FIGHT
    • BAG
    • POKéMON
    • RUN

    I think I'll just run :P

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Dodging spells and taking a few hits, Aesatiel focuses her attention on Waever, "Let's put one down at a time."

    Round 3
    (damage tracking... -4, +6 (capped at 8), -5)
    Status: HP 3/8 | AC 15/15/12 | CMD 17 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | conditions: poisoned (-2 Dex)
    Actions: (AoO on Deandre, either for moving, or for casting non-defensively, if appropriate) 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4, damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
    flurry attack Waever: attack1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 10, damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
    attack2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 24, damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
    attack2 crit: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 14, damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6


    Waever falls to Aesantiel's attack. Deandre takes a 5 ft. step to maintain the flank, unceremoniously kicking Waever's body in the ribs.

    Attack (vs. Aesantiel):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

    Her sword swing is fruitless.

    GM Notes:
    Shield of Faith: 8 rounds

    Elross.

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    When I am up, please use my above posted action for round 3. Still want to shoot at the D-lady.


    You're not allowed to read my mind, Cedrick. I was thinking the same thing a few minutes ago :P

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    "Jessica, be ready to run away from the axe-swinging barbarian. Oh - that axe-swinging barbarian," pointing over her shoulder at Ledford.

    @Simon - great timing on the heal - many thanks!

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Furious that none of his swings have connected, Elross drops his shield (move action) and, gripping his axe with both hands, swings at the woman who stepped in front of him.

    Melee attack (bless and flanking): 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 15
    Damage (with two hands): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

    ... me and this effing dice program are gunna go rounds here shortly...


    Elross' attack misses. *hides*

    Simon.

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Holding, likely until someone is hurt, then channeling.


    Both of Cedrick's arrows find their mark, catching Deandre by surprise.

    GM Notes:
    Deandre hp: 1

    Halli, caught up in the moment and caring little for tactics, fires off another acidic ray at Aesantiel.

    RT Attack:1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

    The spell zings by, nearly giving the halfling a shave. Ledford swings his axe again.

    "Watch it you, idiot! Do something useful for a change," he bellows. He redirects his attention to Aesantiel, "Here I come, ya stinkin' elf!"

    Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

    Ledford looks like he's about to throw his axe at something.

    Jessica is conscious but shaken by fear. She refuses to move.

    Standing would provoke AoO's from Ledford and Deandre. I'm not trying to make her be difficult.

    Round 3: Aesantiel

    MAP

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Aesantiel times her move carefully, waiting for Deandre to succumb. As Deandre falls, Aesantiel swings her leg around, and buries her heel in Ledford's knee with an accompanying crunching sound. "Jessica, crawl past the wounded there and RUN!"

    Round 4
    Status: HP 3/8 | AC 15/15/12 | CMD 17 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | conditions: poisoned (-2 Dex)
    Actions:
    (standard) Scorpion Style strike: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15, damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
    (requires DC 12 Fort or speed reduced to 5')

    and here's hoping that the raging barbarian has an AC 15 or lower right now...

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Did not realize you were still hurt Aesantiel.
    Channel 1d6 ⇒ 6 Selecting out all 4 enemies.

    "Your attacks will cause no lasting harm. You may as well give up this ambush before any of you are seriously hurt."
    Simon yells out to the ruffians.

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    I think it's Round 4 already.

    Cedrick lets another couple arrows fly.

    Shot at Deandre: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    Shot at Ledford: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 = 18, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


    I lose track of time easily. Around a table, it's one after the other and it's done :)

    Ledford's Fort Save:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

    Deandre assumes a defensive position.

    Concentration check (DC 17):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

    She touches her wounds and bathes them in a healing light.

    GM Stuff:
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5; Deandre current hp: 6, shield of faith: 7 rounds

    Elross.

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Not willing to be shown up by an archer, Elross heaves his axe toward the spell casting wench.

    Melee Attack (that better hit this time >.<): 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 16

    Cursing:
    Mother *bleep*, God *bleep*, you stupid son of a *bleep*! Why don't you roll a God *bleep* number high enough to *bleep* hit this stupid *bleep*!?!?!?! *Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeep*!


    I no longer know what to say...At least, we don't have to fish under the furniture for dice...

    Simon.

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    No, but Elross may need a new monitor...

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Holding until one of my allies is hurt again.


    Cedrick strikes with efficiency again.

    GM Stuff:
    Deandre hp: 4

    Halli, a little flustered, lets off a missile of magical energy (CRB's description, not mine) at Aesantiel.

    Damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Ledford lowers his axe and grumbles.

    "I guess you guys were a bit much for me. I like fighting but I ain't for dying, so we'll call this a draw."

    He hefts his axe over his shoulder and makes his way out of the alley.

    Ledford withdraws.

    As the halfling exits, Jessica takes a 5 foot step to the northeast, pressing herself against the wall.

    Round 5(?): Aesantiel

    Not posting a new map, since the only difference is that Ledford is gone and Jessica moved.

    Grand Lodge

    female Elf (Taegrejee na'Maauteran) monk 1 - DECEASED

    Aesantiel unleashes a long string of sequenced at Daendre. The precision and timing of those attacks is put askew as Halli's magic missile disrupts Aesantiel's balance. As they stand nose-to-nose, Aesantiel takes a 5' step northward (yes, surrendering flanking for now), and gestures to Daendre down the alley, after Ledford. "I agree with the axe-swinging barbarian - your axe-swinging barbarian. 'a draw' is a mutually honorable outcome."

    Round 5
    Status: HP 4/8 | AC 15/15/12 | CMD 17 | F +2 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | conditions: poisoned (-2 Dex)
    Actions:
    flurry attack Daendre: attack1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 6, damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
    attack2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 12, damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4


    "I will accept nothing less than your death," Deandre fumes. Though the battle fares poorly for her, she stands her ground. She raises her unholy symbol which looks like a dark mask with a shining eye.

    Channel Negative Energy:1d6 ⇒ 2

    Will Saves(DC 11) for 1/2 damage:
    Aesantiel:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
    Cedrick:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
    Elross:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
    Simon:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
    Halli:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
    Jessica:1d20 ⇒ 20

    And...Elross.


    GM Stuff:
    Halli hp: 6

    Shadow Lodge

    Oracle 1 (HP 11/11)

    Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
    Channel 1d6 ⇒ 2

    Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
    "This really is pointless, you may lose your life if you continue with this folly."

    Silver Crusade

    Fighter 1 - HP 13/13 (anything Dex related lowered by 1 modifier point)

    Succumbing to the fact that his axe is completely useless, Elross drops it to the cobblestones (free action) and lunges onto the cleric in an attempt to subdue her.

    Grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5(+1 if bless applies)

    Eye Twitch:
    Instead Elross slips and falls onto his axe, dealing a coup de grace attack against himself.

    Damage: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (7, 6, 1) + 9 = 23
    Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

    With a gurgle and a confused expression, Elross drifts into the embracing arms of Erastil (who then procedes to strangle Elross for his poor performance).

    Osirion

    Character Stats:
  • 23 HP
  • AC 19 (T 13 : FF 16)
  • Fort +6: Ref +6: Will +2
  • Initiative +5
  • Tiefling Mindchemist 2 / Lore Warden 1

    It would be wise of you to retreat at this time, but if you insist...

    Bow Shot 1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
    Bow Shot 2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8, miss

    451 to 500 of 524 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Henry Fortuna's First Steps (Sessions 1-3) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.