Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Hector's Shattered Star (Inactive)

Game Master LordHector


351 to 396 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil has to smile at the woman's comment.."Milady it will be my pleasure but let us hope it does not come to that"


Female Female Human (Varisian) Witch 1

I've been too long from Magnimar, Natasha thought to herself. I used to know this city like the back of my hand, not have to think about every street corner.

She paused: there in the distance, the building from her vision of Sir Basil. She smiled, and made her way toward it, keeping to the shadows of Underbridge to avoid notice.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon sticks his tongue out at his sister, though his mood seems lightened by her joking. He wraps the rope-line around his arm, setting himself against Alleria in case she should slip and fall off of the beam.


Basil draws his sword and nods to the Gunslinger showing he is ready


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Basil is not sure what makes him turn towards the door at that point but he knows someone is there.

"You..I know you are there ..come out where we can see you" he commands


Female Female Human (Varisian) Witch 1

"Very observant, Sir Basil," a Varisian woman in bright, flowing clothing and rich dark hair steps into view of the rest of the party. "Although I was not trying to escape your notice, merely that of other denizens of this quarter." She glances at the other two, and smiles.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance again, Gideon Derexhi, I'm glad to see you have recovered from when I last saw you, you were quite indisposed and your family's servants were most distraught to see you that way. And you must be his inestimable sister, Alleria, of whom I heard so much," she makes polite courtesy to the three well-born adventurers.

"I'm Natasha Musashti, a Pathfinder like yourselves. I apologise for my late arrival, my ship from Absolom was delayed by a stormy passage. Sheila Heidmarch asked me to seek you out at once seeing that one of your number has already departed, and this I have done."


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

The Paladin nods curtly.."Very well..as you can see we have discovered a most interesting smell..and are currently about to make an attempt to move beyond it."

"Whenever you are ready Alleria"


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon blinks in Natasha's direction when she enters, recognizing her voice before her face became clear in his vision.

"Lady Natasha...? Is that you? I had no idea you were a Pathfinder!"


Female Female Human (Varisian) Witch 1

"Well, I wasn't at the time we last met, and neither were you," she chuckles. "Back then I was just learning to hone my gifts on the young and eager of Magnimar's wealthy. My family have assisted the Pathfinders in the past, though, and my own talents were sufficient for Lady Heidmarch to sponsor me. Aye, this has the look of a defended place. Be careful Lady Alleria."


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

I'm all ready, I made the acro check to try to cross just need Hector to tell me how fancy I am :P ...or if I fall in *blech*


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Nimble as a cat you are.

Alleria walks smoothly across the plank with an acrobat's grace. On the other side the floor of the room has fallen away, leaving a narrow, charred edge around the south and east walls. To the northwest, a ledge heaped with crates and barrels sits, while above the rafters of the attic lay bare to view.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

What are am I doing now? I can shimmy to the crates and have a look or I can try to climb up above if we have a hook...


Basil gives Natasha a glance "Well unless this young lady has brought one we certainly don't have a hook..make sure the crates are safe to climb on before you try anything"


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria frowns slightly but plays along, shuffling along the edge to the boxes, looking to see if anything is behind them, if they look sturdy enough and tall enough to make the climb to the next level, etc.

Perception!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

HEY! BOXES!


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

The slope is angled dangerously at places. DC10 Acrobatics to make your way to the crates.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Acrobatics!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon watches nervously, saying silent prayers for his sister's safety as she navigates the treacherously-angled slope and crates.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil edges slowly out onto the plank.

Can I take 20 for this? If so it's a 17 for my Acrobatics, if not...

1d20 - 3 ⇒ (20) - 3 = 17..Well that's a moot point isn't it


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Basil, Perception please.

Basil hops quickly across as the plank groans under the weight of his armor. As he enters the next room he sees Alleria on the opposite end looking behind some crates and barrels.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Basil's eyes water from the stench of the place and his sight is blurred for a moment.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

"Basil! Perhaps could you throw a line back to me that I can tie myself off with? If I don't make it across, at least you'll be able to pull me up without worrying for a handhold or somesuch." calls Gideon.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Basil, Alleria, I forgot to mention that there is also a door in the northeast corner of the room.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil does as Gideon asks..

"Just be careful.."


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria pokes around the boxes seeing little of interest and seeing the paladin wandering in she gestures to the doorway in the NW. I'm not sure its worth climbing or going through the door?


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"I'd advise seeing what lies beyond the door first.,,that way we might not leave an unpleasant surprise behind us"


Female Female Human (Varisian) Witch 1

Natasha waits until Gideon has crossed and tosses her the rope.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Gideon, if you're coming in, Acrobatics and Perception, if you please.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

My bad! Coulda sworn I did this last night when I was updating the other PbPs.

Gideon attempts to cross the beam, being as careful as he can, though he takes comfort in the knowledge that Basil has the other end of the line, should he fail.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (6) - 4 = 2

Eep! Something tells me that one of us will not be making it across safely. Anything special gonna need to happen before I roll the Perception?


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Despite the rope, Gideon falls into the sludge below. Fort save, or Filth Fever. Though it softens the fall, the soup is disgusting. Gideon hears the sounds of manic, high-pitched laughter coming from the sewer pipe in the wall. At almost this same moment, two goblins burst from inside the crates before Alleria armed with over-sized crossbows. The slam the heavy weapons down on the crates' lids to brace before firing.

GM Screen:
G:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
B:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
A:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
N:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Sewer Gobs1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
XBow Gobs:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
XBow Surp.Attack1 vs A:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
XBow Surp.Attack2 vs B:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Confirm Crit:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage:1d10 ⇒ 8

Initiative:
Crossbow Goblins - 23
Alleria - 21
Sewer Goblins - 19
Natasha - 17
Gideon - 10
Basil - 7

The goblins loose their bolts before anyone knows what is happening. Alleria manages to dodge the surprise attack, but a bolt strikes home in Basil's thigh. Basil takes 8 damage. After their initial strike, they duck back into their cover to reload. Total cover.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Well, spit. That stinks. No pun intended.

The filthy mess that he fell into seems to fill all Gideon's senses with the nastiness of it. Almost immediately, he worries of being sick from the stuff, though he has only a moment to think on it before the group is attacked by goblins! He scrambles to his feet as best he can, yelling up to Basil to pull him up quickly while doing whatever he can to help Basil haul him back up to their level.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil lets out an oath of the sort that Paladins in the story books would never be heard uttering. Then an instant later as the bolt hits him he utters another stronger one. He moves out off the line off fire as he tries to haul Gideon out of the cesspool.

map would be useful here.


Female Female Human (Varisian) Witch 1

Natasha Incants several words, then attempts to cross the plank to aid her allies.

Casts urban grace, gives +4 to Acrobatics & Climb in urban environments

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria presses herself against the wall, pulling her pistol as she does, training the weapon in the area of the goblins waiting for one of them to become exposed.

Readied Action, shoot a goblin
Fire!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage if applicable: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Will have a map up and the remainder of the turn in the morning.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

GM Screen:
Gob1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Gob2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Gob3: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Gob1 Shot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Gob2 Shot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Crit threat: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Gob2 Shot damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2

Alleria pulls her pistol out of its holster and lines it up on the barrel containing the goblin that just shot at her. Meanwhile, in the pit, three cackling goblins come out of the sewer pipe to throw bags of unmentionable contents at Gideon. The bags all fall shot of the oracle, splashing into the sludge around him. They draw knives and move in for the kill. Natasha nimbly crosses the plank into the next room just in time to see Basil run out to try to help Gideon. Basil, Str check to lift Gideon out of the pit.

Round 2:

The goblins pop out of their crates just in time for one to get clipped by Alleria's over excited shot. It returns the favor before dropping back into its cover. The other shoots the newcomer into the room in the brightly colored clothes. The one goblin's attack goes wide after getting shot back, but the other's flies true and barely manages not to deliver a killing blow right into Natasha's innards. Natasha take 2. It too drops back into its cover after loosing its bolt.

No map yet, but these are goblins and I doubt you'll need it. The goblins are about 20 feet from the entrance into the room. Alleria, you're 15 feet away by the other door. The three sewer goblins are all within 5 feet of Gideon except one within melee range.


Female Female Human (Varisian) Witch 1

"Damn!" Natasha gasps in surprise. For a moment she is torn: aid Basil and Gideon, or deal with the goblins in front of her? Being shot makes the decision, and she advances on the cases, readying her strongest spell.

Readied action, cast burning hands when the goblins pop their heads up again! Save DC15, Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Fire


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Strength Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Basil fails to heave Gideon from the muck and draws his sword as the goblins close in.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Basil, that check would've been on your turn round one. You still have your full action for round two when it comes up.


Female Female Human (Varisian) Witch 1

Bump? Wellard?


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Swearing to herself the gunslinger moves forward pulling her sword and stashing her pistol.

(Considering terrain I will take it at normal speed so I will get within range this round and use the crates to my advantage. I assume if they are popping out to shoot they would provoke from me firing in melee? I may not be visualizing this properly...)


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Round 2

Basil tries again to drag Gideon from the mire.

Strength1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

No action from Gideon?


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Could I make another climb check to try and help make Basil's job easier?


Female Female Human (Varisian) Witch 1

Either Climb or Strength check as an Aid Other activity I would think.


Female Female Human (Varisian) Witch 1

Bump again? Is our DM about?


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

He's been conspicuous by his absence in three other games


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Yah this has been happening off and on...he moved a while back but it seems like his ability to be on has been impaired in one manner or another. :(

351 to 396 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Hector's Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.