Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Hector's Shattered Star (Inactive)

Game Master LordHector


151 to 200 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon smiles to himself at the exchange between the pair, listening with interest as they go back and forth. He knew precious little about the city he'd spent most of his life in after having spent a considerable portion of that time sheltered by his parents because of his impaired eyesight. It was nice to know a little bit more about the place.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria shrugs I'm sure bards throughout the city relish in measuring their...ah...skill...against one another in the retelling. In a few years it shall be Abadar himself and a medusa with seven heads. The city has flavor we should say.

Ready to beat up...I mean..talk to...our next...target.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Alleria:
Fenster is a truly vile wretch who hires himself out for any foul job that might come his way. In the past, he’s worked as a garbage scavenger, a goblin baiter, an alchemy test subject, and a disposer of bodies.

Fenster’s home is a partially collapsed warehouse—the building has a relatively large open area within, but he keeps to one corner. Here, he’s made a sort of crude shelter from rowboats (one or two of which might still be almost seaworthy) and timbers leaning against the warehouse’s frame. The entrance to this hovel consists of a pair of skiffs leaning against each other to create a triangular “arch” from which a moldering remnant of a ship’s sail hangs like a curtain. Sitting next to the entrance is an old sea chest with a broken lid. A sign leans against the front of the chest—“LEEV A GIFT AND WATE OUTSID.” A dented tin platter sits on the ground before the sign.

Alleria:
You know the procedure: leave a gift on the tin platter, wait for Fenster to come out and examine the gift, and if he likes the gift, he’ll do whatever you need him to do.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon gives a slight frown as they approach the warehouse, his blurred vision bringing it into focus long after the stench of the moldering sail reaches his olfactories. He is nearly upon the sign next to the sea chest before he can actually read the letters emblazoned in all capitals on the sign above it. "Hm. How quaint. What sort of 'gift' do you think Fenster is referring to? I am loathe to continue giving good coin to those who would waste it on drugs or other addictions. Perhaps some food...?"


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria strokes her chin for a moment, If I remember right its about "wowing" him. We leave him something he might fancy, he comes and takes a look see and if he likes it he'll do as we ask. He ain't used to high livin but we should give him something of worth. If its food it should be good food or something of the like.


Male Human Paladin of Adabar 1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

You know this is the one thing i have trouble with in this AP chapter..everyone wants gifts..and how is a 1st level party to afford those..after all most don't have a spare coin to their name between them.You would think the Venture Captain would have at least given us a bribes budget.

Basil looks rather annoyed..."The Profit Margin of this task seems to be shrinking all the time" he comments


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Oh come now Sir Basil think of it as an "investment" on future returns... Sifting through her pockets Alleria produces a pair of gold coins. Surely there is a vendor near here that can get us a fancy loaf or what not? Or shall we just skip pretense and throw some gold at the man?


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon follows suit, removing a pair of gold coins from the coin-pouch he carries with him. "I suppose it ultimately makes no difference...while I would much prefer not handing gold over to him, it would certainly be a lot faster than trying to find some sort of worthwhile gift. And gold does seem to make negotiations a much simpler affair."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Completely off the record, it's noted that if the group asks for up-front money, she helps them out.


Female Elf Wizard (Teleporter) 1

"The last one charged fifteen gold for his information," Yera says as she produces four gold coins. "Other informants may want some as well. Perhaps we should ask Lady Heidmarch for assistance?"


Male Human Paladin of Adabar 1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil weighs his significantly lighter purse in his hand. "Aye Lady..you might have the right off it..well we know where this Fenster resides now and I doubt he'll be gone tomorrow..I suggest we return to the Lodge find out if we are due a stipend for this task and then eat and rest before we head out for the slavers meeting"


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

"We can also report what we have thus far discovered. Lady Heidmarch may be able to give us assistance beyond the financial."


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria shrugs and puts the coins back in her pocket, I'll never turn down spending someone else's coin or a spot of rest. Let's go back.


Basil leads the others back to the Lodge


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

It is getting on later in the evening as you make your way back to the lodge. Things are quiet, and you feel a serene sense of tranquility just from being in this part of the city after your ordeals in the slums.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

When they return to the Pathfinder Lodge, Gideon pauses in the foyer, drawing in a slow, deep breath. Despite the fact that this very lodge is the only place they have yet seen combat, he still feels a sense of peace and ease in the building that wasn't present in the slums of the city.

After the brief respite, he looks around for anyone who can direct him to Lady Heidmarch.


Male Human Paladin of Adabar 1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil declines to sit ..his armour might mar the furnishings insted he stands by the windows watching out onto the streets as the shadows lengthen


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria will find a chair to sit and put her legs up on the nearest table. A lodge is for comfort to return and rest. She doesn;t stand on ceremony.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

It's not hard to find Sheila. Upon seeing you, she immediately calls you to her private office.

"So," she says, anticipation dripping from her voice. "Tell me. What have you discovered? Did you find Natalya? What about what she was after?"


Male Human Paladin of Adabar 1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"Unfortunately your Grace we have not yet discovered the young...uhhh... ladies whereabouts, though we do have some promising leads. However we are struggling to follow those up due to a lack of funds.Is there any chance that the Society could furnish us with an advance?"


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"Oh," she says, the hope leaking from her tone. "Well, I suppose I could give you an advance. Wait just one moment." She leaves, swiftly returning with a small purse.

"Here's one hundred. This should help cover your expenses." With that she turns to exit again. She stops at the entrance, and without looking back adds, "I'll be expecting some results upon your return."


Male Human Paladin of Adabar 1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil weighs the purse judging its worth by weight.."Well that should help" he mutters

I think we can Fast-Forward to the night unless anyone wants to do anything else?


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

I'm fine with it.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Onward! *insert Star Wars film swipe here*


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

As midnight draws near, you return to the docks in hopes of catching what might be behind the recent disappearances in the act. The place what rumors you dug up indicated as the place appears to be an old, boarded-up shoreline tavern once known as the Puffy Pelican — a faded painting of a fat pelican still graces the facade of the empty building, and the building’s back features a half-collapsed wooden deck that hangs over the high-tide mark. A quick investigation of the building reveals nothing out of the ordinary — the tavern truly looks abandoned, and bears no signs of having been used recently.

DC 10 Perception:
You note what appears to be the dim light of a hooded lantern inside the tavern.


Male Human Paladin of Adabar 1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Perception1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

"Well someone is at home" Basil says quietly "We need to strike hard and fast with the element of surprise. I'll go in first, Alleria you follow and target any obvious spell casters. Gideon, Yeralithi back us up and pick targets of opportunity. It's not a great plan but it's the best we can hope for given we don't actually know how many off them are in there."


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

The light from the lantern is just the smallest halo in his clouded vision, but nonetheless, it is there. He draws in a slow, deep breath, wondering if he will be in the midst of his second combat experience that day. Man, if his parents could only see him now.

"Agreed. Though please let me know before the assault begins. I have two spells that will aid us, both offensively and defensively."

At Sir Basil's word, Gideon will quietly cast Bless and Protection from Evil, making sure they won't be seen from the tavern.


Male Human Paladin of Adabar 1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"Lets get to the door then you can cast whatever you need to and once that is done we go..The fools don't seem to have put any sentries outside which is a good thing.."


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

"Very well, Sir Basil. At your word, then." he whispers in reply, casting the spells when they are in position behind the door.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria withdraws her pistol and sword and nods slowly.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Been forgetting to roll for my Harrowed feat. Gonna do that now.

Before Basil gives the word, Gideon quickly fishes out of his pack his Harrow deck, realizing that he hasn't drawn a card for his fortune yet that day. He draws a deep breath, focusing his energy and his will into the deck of cards in his hand. Then, slowly, he draws a card.

1d6 ⇒ 6

A crown revealed, Gideon breathes a slow sigh. It may help them talk their way through whatever was waiting behind that door without having to resort to a fight. Still...his spells couldn't hurt in case they couldn't find success with more passive forms of diplomacy.


Male Human Paladin of Adabar 1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil leads them up to the door as quietly as he can..the thick doors and walls of the one time Inn should serve to muffle their approach sufficiently


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Seeing her brother pull his infamous card Alleria can't help but offer a slight poking of her tongue at her brother before firming her grip on her pistol and smiling as she looks on as Basil leads.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Silently, ever so silently, Basil eases open the door. Narry a sound is made - no squeal of old hinges or squeak of warped floorboards. Within the main room you see a floating light hovering some six feet off the ground.

Perception checks, everyone.

GM Screen:
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon peeps out from behind his Paladin companion, gazing into the room, trying to focus his admittedly limited vision inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Human Paladin of Adabar 1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil peers into the room and nods to Gideon to cast his magics

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Perception!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Alleria's eyes adapt quickly and she takes in the room as the paladin opens the door...


Female Elf Wizard (Teleporter) 1

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Yera looks about the room with her Elven eyesight, though she has little idea what she might be looking for.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Even Gideon's milky eyes manage to pick out the shape huddled in the corner of the room, trying very hard not to be noticed. The figure is difficult to make out in the shadows, but you can tell that it is a thin man with a weak chin and a ratty haircut. He wears noble’s clothing that look as though they were once fine, but have been worn daily for weeks.

What are your reactions upon noticing the man?


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria's reaction is to look at Basil with a bit of a curious look. Not what I expected...


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon seems very curious at the sight of the man huddled in the corner, having not expected the single, thin man huddled in the corner. He looks to Alleria and Sir Basil, giving a nod to his sister's assessment. Definitely not what he expected, either.

"Should we approach him? He doesn't seem like someone terribly dangerous to me."


Male Human Paladin of Adabar 1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"I would advise caution...it may be a cunning trap. Cover me Alleria"

Basil eases into the room and makes his way around the edges to approach the figure "You there..who are you and what is your business here" he asks softly but with an air off command


Female Elf Wizard (Teleporter) 1

How large is this room? I ask because the only spell I have left is Grease.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

About 30ft.x30ft. in the interior.

"Uhhhh," he stammers, surprise that he had been noticed etched onto his face, "hiding."


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria casually keeps her gun in hand and stands to Basil's flank ready to draw a bead as needed.

I am super sick, my son has pre-pneumonia and my wife is down for the count too. I should be able to post okay but FYI I may be slow to post the next few days as we get my family healthy.


Male Human Paladin of Adabar 1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"Hiding, from who..these Nidalese slavers who are rumoured to be in command here?"

As he speaks Basil concentrates his gaze on the Man..searching for any evil in his soul.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Evil is indeed detected. Then again, you are in a more rough-and-tumble part of the city in the late hours. So his alignment really shouldn't be all that surprising.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon hangs toward the back of the group, drawing in a slow, deep breath. His spells would only last one minute...he hoped he didn't waste his few castings preparing for a fight that didn't happen.

Of course, if a fight did not occur, he wouldn't complain...he wanted to try and avoid conflict if he could. Maybe it would be better if he simply waited until combat broke out to use his spells until he had enough experience to make the spells last longer.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Yes, I was expecting slavers and unsavory types...and instead I get cowering and frightened. Who are you and what are you hiding from?


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"You!" he yells as he jumps to his feet. He swiftly begins weaving his fingers in complex patters. Yeralithi notices he's sloppy, as if untrained or badly out of practice. Yet he makes up for it with gusto. Quick as he jumps up, he slings his arm out and spreads his fingers. Arcane syllables pour from his mouth. Yeralithi internally cringes like a grammar tutor listening to slang. Vivid, clashing colors burst from his fingers. You don't know whether to compare it to a rainbow or the effect of oil on water.

He casts Color Spray.

GM's Screen:
Alleria Will: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Basil Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Gideon Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Yeralithi Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
All 3: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Blind & Stunned: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Alleria Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Basil Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Gideon Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Yeralithi Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
"Man" Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Alleria, Basil, and Gideon all fail their Will saves and are Unconscious, Blinded, and Stunned for 3 rounds. Then Blinded and Stunned for 3 more rounds, then just Stunned for 1 one round.

Yeralithi watches in horror as all three of her companions fall to the ground, knocked unconscious by the man's spell.

Wow! Sorry guys. I think it should go without saying that you are now in combat. His action was casting the spell, and since the rest of the party is napping Yera, you're up.
Initiatives:
The Man- 21
Alleria- 14
Basil- 13
Gideon and Yeralithi- 7

151 to 200 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Hector's Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.