Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Hector's Shattered Star (Inactive)

Game Master LordHector


101 to 150 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil whispers back to Gideon

[b]Gideon[b]

Spoiler:
In which case we must be..careful in our negotiations with him..honeyed words may work better than a show of force


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon seems a bit hesitant at Basil's returned whisper, the idea of negotiating with this person much less appealing than the Captain of the Guard. Still, he is a Pathfinder now. Not every job would be appealing to undertake.

He stepped forward, lowering his hood again, as was his habit of doing whenever he was about to try convincing someone of something that they might not otherwise desire.

"Forgive me my presumption, great Zograthy, but if you will permit me to make an observation, I notice that you seem to struggle greatly with a pesh habit. It so happens that I, um...I am acquainted with an apothecary who is skilled in helping her patients recover from ailments such as yours quickly. She also happens to owe me a favor from some years ago. If you would be willing, I'm sure I could trade that favor in with her to remove this terrible burden from you. I am certain that it would ultimately be worth far more to you than a mere 50 gold, to not have to spend your hard-earned money for such a short-lived gain, yes?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Bleh.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"Aye ..Come Sir..a businessman such as yourself should know that pricing yourself out off the market is never advisable..and 50 gold for a few words is very much pricing yourself out off the Market"

Diplomacy1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Had to edit my previous post, misread Basil's Diplomacy result.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"Fine then, seems even the better-off's are not as better off these days,[/b]" he says wearily. "Make it fifteen and let's get on with this."


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Realising the man wont go below that price Basil hands over the money.

"The whereabouts of Natalya Vankaskerkin..and those of the Tower Girls is all we require from you"


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Lot of stuff going on at home. I'll have an update tomorrow.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"Many folk along the waterfront, both here in Beacon’s Point and over in Dockway and Underbridge, have been disappearing of late — a few each week, in fact, many simply vanishing out of their very beds at night. I
suspect that your Natalya is among those.
"

He bitterly adds, "As long as only poor Varisians and other destitute folk are being targeted, the chances of the city doing anything about the disappearances is nil. I do know that it’s not a Sczarni plot — indeed, the Sczarni seem quite interested in solving the vanishings themselves, but are not seeking aid in that effort."

"If anything," he shrugs, "It’s harder to contact actual Sczarni leaders these days than it is normally. The leading word on the street is that the vanished folk are the victims of slavers who then secretly sell them offshore at night to Nidalese ships — but I don’t put much stock in such rumors."


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

"Then praytell, good sir...as it relates to the many disappearances of late, what do you put stock in?"


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"As I said, your friend is most likely among those that have disappeared. But do I believe it is the work of Nialese slavers? No."


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"Then who would you say is responsible Uncle?" Basil asks trying to coax the answers from the rambling old man.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"Personally, I have no idea. But if you're keen to find out for yourselves, I'd check the waterfront over around Dockway. That's where most of the disappearances have been occurring here lately."


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

"It seems our course is decided then, yes? To the Dockway. Our thanks for your assistance, Zograthy." Gideon answers, offering five gold pieces to the pot for helping pay the old man off the agreed-upon fifteen gold.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Oh boy the Dockway.

Moving out of the room and orienting herself Alleria will walk with the group to their next destination, For someone with answers he sure came up short. Hopefully we'll get kidnapped at the water and then we will know everything we need to.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"His mind is addled with Pesh, Alleria.But I mislike this talk of slavers no good ever came of trading in human flesh."

Basils countenance clouds for a moment and he eases his sword in it's sheath

"Dockway it is then..perhaps we should consult in the Bazzar of Sails..there anything might be had for a price including information."


Female Elf Wizard (Teleporter) 1

Yera looks at each of her companions in turn. "I admit that I do not have the breadth of experience that some of you seem to have. This investigation has been a new experience for me. That may make me naive, so I have deferred to you who seem to know what you are doing. However, I would rather not be kidnapped, if it is all the same to you."


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria offers a lazy gesture at Yeralithi, Of course not I'm just...cynical sometimes. Our good Sir Basil here has the right of it that there is always someone who will open their yap for the promise of a coin or...more. Alleria offers a sly smile to no one in particular.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

"Worry not, Yeralithi. I assure you that the rest of us would rather you not be kidnapped, as well. We will do all in our power to make certain that you remain safe and unharmed with the rest of us. Though admittedly, you may wish to rely more on Sir Basil or my sister than myself, given the...limited acuity of my visual senses. Still..I manage well enough." he answers the elf, keeping a close eye on the three of his fellow Pathfinders, knowing that to lose sight of them would probably end with him having a similar experience to the others who had disappeared of late.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

As you turn to exit Zograthy's small abode, he clears his throat. "Ahem, it may be nothing, but this Natalya you're looking for was, at least until recently, a member of the Tower Girls. They are themselves searching for her, and word is that when they find her, she’ll be in deep trouble. I don’t know exactly what is going on with them but I have heard them say that Natalya went mad before her disappearance. Just in case it's important," he says eyeing the extra money Gideon tossed into the deal. "Pleasure doing business with you."


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil nods to the oldster and leaves..once outside he moves alongside Alleria "Now that was worth paying for..If we can find the Tower Girls then mayhap they will lead us to Natalyah themselves...if not..well the Bazzar still beckons" he whispers to her


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria nods at the paladin a smile playing at her lips, You Abadaran's do know the proper application of the coin, I'll give you that. I suppose a chat with the Girls could be fruitful or we might get into a fight, that can be fun too...

As an after though Alleria turns to her brother, We are trying to get information not woo them. Remember that before you throw those puppy dog eyes or "innocent young man" smile of yours...


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"We fight if we have to but I would rather negotiate first..still we should be prepared for trouble just in case?"

Basil looks at the two Spellcasters.."What powers can you bring to bear in such a situation?"


Female Elf Wizard (Teleporter) 1

"I prepared more utility spells for today," Yera says thoughtfully. "I did not anticipate fighting gangs in the rough parts of town. I do have a tactical spell, but it would be just as effective against any of you as it would against any enemies."


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

"My magic is better-suited for keeping us all safe, and improving our combat ability. I suppose that is a useful thing, but I have no direct spells in the vein of an evocation or conjuration. I have my Harrow deck as well, of course, which I may draw a card from and receive a boon from the fortune that is revealed."


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

It's you and me Basil Alleria laughs but claps her brother on the back, His aid can make the difference on a telling blow or a stray hit and as long as our elf maid keeps her tactical mind about her I'm sure her spell will be plenty helpful.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Let me know when you're ready to continue.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Onward!


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Up, up, and away!


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"Very well,Shall we see what Dockside holds for us then"

Basil leads the way setting an easy pace..after all the city isn't going to vanish in the next few minutes and haste more often than not leads to bad decisions


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

It is getting on late in the afternoon as you wander into the Dockside part of the city. It seems very much the ordinary afternoon around any dock - workers move to and fro, loading and unloading ships, sailors mingle about, and fishermen move quantities of smelly sea-food. You see no shadowy Nidalese lurking about in the shadows plotting their next villainy, and no people are spontaneously disappearing into thin air. Overall the atmosphere is normal, although a bit subdued.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil attempts to strike up a conversations with various shopkeepers in an attempt to gather information.

Diplomacy to gather info.1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

time taken1d4 ⇒ 1 hour


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon will join Basil, trying to play off of him and combining their verbal skills to try and get more information out of the locals.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria will stick close to Gideon wary to make sure they don't get kidnapped or on the bad side of bad people.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Poking around Dockway for about an hour, you eventually turn up something useful from a nervous looking sailor. It seems that a pickup for one of these slave runs has been scheduled for this very midnight at an old, boarded-up shoreline tavern in Dockway, a tavern once known as the Puffy Pelican. But you didn't hear it from him, of course.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Once they have left their source to his own devices, Gideon looks to the others an aura of nervousness about him. "So it seems that there might be something to this whole slaver theory after all, eh? Should we go be disruptive?"


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil grins.."Oh I think it's a lead well worth investigating"


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

The pickup isn't supposed to be until midnight according to your information. when would you like to go investigate?


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

DM Hector, I gave the link for the extra stuff for Curse of the Lady's Light on the discussion board. Sorry for taking so long to post it; I only today saw your response. Wanted to let you know I had replied here too, so the same thing wouldn't happen again.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

As nit will be houirs until the pickup Basil suggests that Underbridge bew the next destination.

"We shall speak to this..'Fenster the Blight' and see what he knows., but we must be on our guard..while thare are honest folk in Underbridge the vast majority will take advantage of any weakness we show""


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria grins at Basil as she pats the handle of her pistol,So I get to play tough? I can do that too...Let's look after this "Blight" character.

YEah boards be weird and stuff lately. I keep getting kicked out and not able to connect, etc.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon steps up closer behind his sister and Basil, offering no verbal response, simply giving a single nod to show his agreement.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Methinks the boards are reaching the limit of their ability to cope with the thousands of posts every day

Basil nods and looks to the two Spell Casters.."Stick close and keep your eyes and ears open" he says before beginning the treck to Underbridge..his eyes swepp along the bulk of the Irespan as it hangs loomingly over the district


Female Elf Wizard (Teleporter) 1

Yera heeds Basil's advice (which she was going to do anyway.) She looks about as she follows along, expecting something to jump out at them from every shadow.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

You can make your way to Underbridge and back in plenty of time. Everyone make me Knowledge (Local) checks to see what you know about Fenster.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Knowledge Local..untrained 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Basil knows nothing.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Kno:Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

And on your left you can see the *blah blah blah* though to have been here since *blah blah blah* ;p


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil takes care to point out the famous clock tower..

"And there is where the famed Countess Esteriande d'Litran and her comrades defeated the last evil that threatened Magnimar five years ago"

Sorry couldn't resist plugging my runelords game


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria offers a sideway glance at Basil Funny thing, I had heard it was a group of heroes of more common breeding. A cleric of Gozreh and wanderers from the east? Funny how such stories change over time...

*wink at Wellard*


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"Hmm, I'm fairly sure it was a cleric of Nethys..but no matter..it was a famous victory."

101 to 150 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Hector's Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.