Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Hector's Shattered Star (Inactive)

Game Master LordHector


51 to 100 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

As it turns out, the box is only mostly empty. Within are three red gems, a fine-looking silver dagger, and a silver ring with a feather pattern around its edge.

Sheila puts a hand to her head. "Enough, it's quite alright," she says with a little more calm. "I of all people should have known better to leave Thassilonian artifacts unattended. But you id manage to open the box, then? Fascinating. And thank you for removing the gremlins. If this is all the chaos that erupted from such things, I'm quite happy." She turns to Koriah. "Well, Koriah, this has been a rather interesting way to end our meeting, but until next time then." The half-elf bows to Sheila, then to you all and leaves.

"Pleased to meet you all as well, and best of luck in your endeavors," she says, patting Basil on the shoulder as she leaves. With Koriah gone, Sheila gestures for you all to take your seats once more.

"First, allow me to apologize for that unpleasantness regarding the gremlins — but it does provide an excellent object lesson. The life of an adventurer is not one for the weak-hearted, she says in a tone very reminiscent of many of your former mentors. "That you not only took care of the gremlins but also got the box open in the first place is all the confirmation I need that my gut was right — you’re the perfect group for the job I have in mind."

You see — I’ve recently had trouble with one of my informants here in Magnimar, Natalya Vancaskerkin. She’s a half-Varisian who recently approached the Pathfinder Society with an offer to serve as a street informant. She runs with the Sczarni — I’m not sure with which group." Sheila pauses a bit, lost in thought for only a moment before continuing. "A week ago, Natalya sent me a cryptic hint that her gang was on the verge of uncovering an item that would be of great interest to the Society. Since the Sczarnis’ methods of uncovering something often involves an armed robbery or breaking into somebody’s personal chambers, we thought it prudent not to press for further details and instead wait to see what it would produce. Suffice it to say, she hinted strongly that it pertained to Thassilon, and promised to meet with me to discuss this find three days ago."

She never kept that promise — instead, she seems to have simply vanished. Initially, I assumed that the acquisition of this item was simply taking longer than expected, but now I’m hearing rumors that the Sczarni are looking for her as well."

It seems likely that Natalya has absconded with this item she’s discovered," she states definitively. "And this is where you enter, my friends. I want to know what it was that Natalya and the Sczarni found. In fact, I'd be lying if I said I’m not more interested in that than in what happened to Natalya herself. For now, I’d like to keep all of this quiet — if you can find out what happened to Natalya without letting a lot of people know she was also working for me as an informant, that would be preferable — that’s a big part of why I’m coming to you, as new members of the Pathfinder Society, with this task. You don’t yet have a reputation in Magnimar, and as such, the lowlifes and criminals you are likely to encounter may be more likely to talk."

"So... go out there and look for Natalya. Find out what happened to her, and to this item she and her gang discovered. If you can secure the item, all the better —bring it back to me and I’ll have a reward of 500 gold pieces for you. And if you can bring Natalya back alive for me to speak to, I’ll double that!


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria listens intently and then looks about the group, Find the girl, find the treasure eh? I like the sound of that...but do you really think that criminals will talk to the likes of... The gunslinger lets her words fade but she gestures vaguely at the others her eyes ending on her own brother and Basil both dressed in their finery and religious iconography.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon looks to his older sister with an expression both quizzical and slightly hurt. "My gifts are certainly not inherently good nor evil. Time knows nothing of such concepts. And certainly many in the seedy underbelly of Magnimar are just as interested in having their fortune told as the elite. If worse comes to worst, their is always...ugh...Towers." he says, the tone of his voice slightly defensive. The mention of Towers, the illegal and sacrilegious game played with a Harrow deck, sends a slight chill down his spine.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil chuckles a little at Alleria's comment.."Don't worry about that..I can blend into the crowd well enough when not paying social calls on the nobility..and I'm no stranger to hard living or the street."

"Perhaps our first order off business should be to discover which 'gang' this Natalya runs with, the Watch might know something and if not I'm sure there are characters on the street whose tongues could be loosened for a small amount of..well, Lucre...but I would keep this investigation hidden from the Hellguard..the last thing we want is them stomping all over the place terrorising folk."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"For those of you new to Magnimar," she says looking to Yeralithi, "The Sczarni have been a part of Magnimar from the start — they’re not the most dangerous or powerful of the city’s criminal organizations, but they are the most visible. The Sczarni generally don’t involve themselves in particularly violent crimes, and in many cases in Magnimar, they actually help to protect and police less fortunate neighborhoods, and as such are often well regarded by the lower-class. There are six major Sczarni gangs in the city: the Creepers, Doolun’s Lads, the Gallowed, the Tower Girls, the Washside Wringers, and the Wreckwash Blades, with the Gallowed being the most powerful Sczarni family in the city."

"When Natalya initially approached me with the offer of serving the Pathfinders as an informant, she engaged the aid of a man known as the Amazing Zograthy, a Varisian who keeps a permanent tent and fortune-telling business in Washers’ Row in Dockway. Other than that, I'm afraid I can offer you little more information. There are rumors of Nidalese slavers prowling the streets of late, and if these are true, being abducted by a slaver in the middle of the night would certainly explain Natalya’s absence. She might even have been picked up by the city guard for some reason, in which case a visit to the Arvensoar, the garrison for the city’s watch, might yield some clues. Beyond this, I can offer nothing but wishes for luck."


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basils mouth twists at the mention of Slavers..

"Some forms of commerce are..not always worthy of approval" is his only comment "So my friends..whereto first..I still favour asking the Watch before we trail on down to Dockway and Underbridge"


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

"I would tend to agree with Sir Basil. I would much rather consult with the Watch before we turn to the more seedy aspects of Magnimar's culture."


Female Elf Wizard (Teleporter) 1

"Many of you seem to know this city much better than I, so I will follow your lead."


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria will offer a mocking pout but then smile, Oh you are all no fun but let's start with the Watch.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"Very well then ..the Watch it is.."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

The Arvensoar looms in the southern part of the city, high above the districts of Lowcleft and Naos. The tower itself is about 400 feet tall, with the lower portion built into the side of the Seacleft that splits the city in half.

Upon arrival, you are informed that the Watch is very busy, and it may be some time before anyone is available to help you.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria snoops around to see if there is some sort of functional desk clerk or some other type who might be able to speed things along if properly enticed. Looking to play to known strength she'll keep an eye out for another woman so she can sick her seemingly irresistibly charming brother on them...But if only men seem to fill that role she will not that too.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil sighs a little at the news. "Well then we will just have to wait..To much crime and not enough watchmen..and the Hellknights sometimes make it worse."


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon follows behind everyone else, the hood of his cloak pulled up over his head, hiding his face, as they make their way over to the Arvensoar and the Watch garrison, hoping to meet with some of the leaders there to inquire after this Natalya Vancaskerkin, whoever she was. He hoped that she wasn't in any danger.

At the news that they would have to wait for the watch to become less busy, he seemed a little crestfallen. He was eager to prove himself as a Pathfinder, both to himself, his parents, and the world around him.

He stepped forward to address the nearest warden, lowering his head in the hopes that it will make him seem more friendly and approachable. "Pardon me, sir. I understand that the Watch is very busy presently, but I was hoping you might be able to help us? We only wish to ask someone in charge a few questions, and I assure you that our business is of an urgent nature to the Pathfinder Society. Is there no way you can assist us?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
WOO! Oh yeah!


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

You catch a stern-looking woman going about some form of clerical business, but upon seeing your face and hearing of who you're working for she stops for a moment to listen to your concerns.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria, seeing that the prey is in sight, pokes Gideon in the back to "mouthpiece" the group's needs.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Giving a grunt of protest at being poked in the back by his big sister, shooting her a disapproving glance before he turns his attention back to the formerly stern-looking woman.

"Thank you very much for your attention, Miss. We have information about a woman by the name of Natalya Vancaskerkin, a half-Varisian who has been acting as a street informant for the Pathfinders. She has been running with the Sczarni's, though we do not which faction. She was supposed to meet with another member of our organization three days ago, but never showed up for the meeting. We are now receiving rumors that the Sczarni's are looking for her as well."

"We are concerned for her well-being as well as whatever information she was trying to bring to us at the time of her disappearance. If the Watch has any information regarding her location, even her last known whereabouts, we would be deeply grateful."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"Yeah, we know of her," she responds, warming to the sheepish young man. "Small time burglar, used to run with the Tower Girls. Hadn't heard she's vanished, though. Hasn't been picked up by any patrols, anyway. Not surprised that news hasn't got out, though. Sczarni tend to try to solve their own problems. My best advice would be to ask the Tower Girls."


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

"Your help is greatly appreciated, Miss. I don't suppose you'd be willing to give us any information about the Tower Girls that may assist us in dealing with them as well as their location? We would be very grateful, and I'm certain the Pathfinders themselves would also show gratitude for your help in this investigation."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"That could be a problem," she says. "Tracking down any of the Sczarni gangs is tricky normally, but as far as I know, the Tower Girls themselves have recently changed their headquarters. No informants have yet been able to update us as to their new headquarters, but I know that a few months back, the Tower Girls had a falling out with the Wreckwash Blades. For several weeks after that, rumor was that the Tower Girls were slumming it in an abandoned warehouse in Underbridge that they shared with a 'man' by the name of Fenster. 'Round there they call him the 'Blight'. He may know where the Tower Girls or your missing informant are."


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil makes notes

1)Talk to Zograthy
2)Talk to Fenster the Blight
3)Investigate rumours of slavers.
4)Find Tower Girls
5)Secure Natalyah


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

"I see. Your information has been extremely helpful, M'Lady. If you would kindly give me your name, we will be certain to note your contribution to our mission once we have seen it to it's conclusion. If and when we discover the location of the Tower Girls' new hideout, we will also be certain to let you know so you can update your own information."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"Officer Kasadei. Pleasure to help." With that, she smartly turns and leaves, back to whatever business she was about before.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Well....that's nice. Shall we move on to this..."Blight" fellow? He sounds...pleasant.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"I believe we should talk to this Zograthy chap first before we go into Underbridge Dockside is afterall much more pleasant...but if we are to venture into the rougher areas of town I need to be more effective than my visiting gear allows, tcan we call by the temple on our way there I left my fighting kitin my quarters.I hope it won't be needed but it's better to be safe than sorry "


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

"I agree with Sir Basil." Gideon responds simply, taking a spot at the rear of the group once more, pulling his hood back over his head. "I do not mind stopping by the temple first. Just make sure not to leave me too far behind, or I will have a hard time keeping up. My vision only extends a small distance, after so long away, and with what little time I was allowed out before joining the Pathfinders, the city's layout is rather unfamiliar to me.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

There being no apparent disagreement Basil leads the group to the Temple where he quickly changes his appearance.Gone is the foppish gentleman instead he now wears a servicable suit of scale mail and carries an unmarked shield and a well worn Bastard Sword


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Alleria will give Basil the appropriate "impressed" whistle when he shows back up bedecked in his armor. Well now we are a little better prepared for a fight, no?


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Let me know when you guys are ready to go on to the next part. I don't want to leave you all waiting, but neither do I want to rush you if you're wanting some rp.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon doesn't respond to Basil's new, combat-ready appearance, simply staying close to the back of the group so they will not get outside his limited range of vision.

I'm ready to move forward here.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil gives Alleria a slight bow and a grin at her whistle

"I find one generally operates better when one is protected from a dagger in the kidneys certainly. Let us make haste to Dockside..the sooner we find this girl the better methinks"


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

We can move on.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Washers’ Row is a tangle of open-air washhouses, launderers, and Varisian wagons and tents. At the southern end of Washers’ Row, a tattered banner hanging over the entrance to the small side street advertises “Professor Callivario’s Stupendous Exhibition of the Outrageous and Sublime.” Beyond this overly exuberant advertisement is a squalid setup consisting of little more than a series of rundown sideshow booths and carts with assorted games and amusements of the meaner sort. To one side, urchins pitch pennies at lily pads floating in a small, scum-covered fountain while a bored carnie looks on. Nearby, the sound of cats hissing and fighting arises from behind a cart where a small crowd of ne’er-do-wells has gathered to cheer and place bets. Everywhere lurk faces pinched with suspicion or hunger — expressions worn by carnival workers and visitors alike. This is not the sort of place to be careless with a coin pouch.

DC 15 Knowledge (local):
You know that while the bulk of those who live and toil here do so in the laundry and tailoring industries, there are some who practice other trades. You also know that Washer’s Row is primarily a front for one of Magnimar’s larger Sczarni gangs, the Washside Wringers.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil looks on in approval of the attempts by the locals to garner some wealth all this does in it's own way contribute to Adabar's influence. He has however ensured that apart from a few coppers his purse is securely fixed beneath his armour.

"A little largesse might go a long way here" he mutters to the others..

Are we down to three players? It might be an idea to message our bard and let her know we have moved on


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

I concur. Yeralithi may be having the same problem we were having in the Jade Regent thread, with the thing not updating right.

As the group makes their way through Washers' Row, Gideon seems to stay even closer to his companions. This is not the sort of place a blind man from the more well-to-do areas of Magnimar needs to lose his way. Any of his possessions could be worth a great deal to some of the less scrupulous denizens of the area. Unfortunately, being from the Alabaster District himself, and even then highly restricted much of the time, has severely limited his knowledge of the city.

"I suppose that could be true, though it may also make us a target for those seeking more of our 'generosity.'" he whispers back.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"Coppers only..I wasn't suggesting we make ourselves a target.."

Basil waits for inevitable begging child to approach him then holds up two coppers and says

"These are yours if you can point us in the direction of the Amazing Zograthy..and another two if you take us to him"


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

I'll message Nirthuus. Anyone open to the idea of open recruiting to replace our dwarf?


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

I'm all for it.


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

I'm fine either way. It might be fun just the four but I'll be the first to lament not having a 5th if we start to get beat up.

Coming into to the district Alleria makes it a point to tie an elaborate mask around her neck and rest it under her scarves along the back of her neck, ready to be pulled around and placed on her face at a moment's notice. The mask is of a Varisian design and features blues, greens, blacks and purple swirled together into the contorted features of a demon known to assault the dreams. Muttering almost to herself Alleria situates the mask so it is out of sight, Just in case trouble starts...

As Basil makes his observation about and Alleria can sense Gideon's light discomfort the gunslinger checks the position of her sash, scarves, money, weapons and so on. Finding that everything is either securely placed in the sash or in her coat Alleria walks with the rest, her right hand lazily resting on the pommel of the pistol.

Beggars are on thing, pickpockets another. Charity may be given but I'm not against a slap on the wrist if someone let's their hands wander.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

A stooped old barker with a wracking cough approaches, eyeing the coin.

"I know where yer lookin' ta go," *Hack* *Cough* *Cough* "An' by the looks a' ya, ya don' wanna' be spendin' no more time here than ya hafta."


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"Aye your right there Uncle" Basil replies as he passes over the first two coins.."lead the way." He follows the old man warily ever mindful that it might be a set-up


Female Elf Wizard (Teleporter) 1

Still here, just really busy in Real Life. Yera is totally out of her element here and is deferring to those who seem to know what they're doing.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Oh do I ever understand that...

You are quickly lead to the abode of the Amazing Zograthy, Seer of the Dark, a small, well-patched tent crudely painted with mystical symbols and decorated with chicken bones and other oddments. Within the stuffy, cluttered tent is a table covered in blue velvet stitched with moons, stars, and arcane symbols. A dusty crystal ball and a dog-eared harrow deck sit upon it. Behind this table sits an aged, bald, Varisian man with threadbare purple robes and piercing eyes — the one and only Amazing Zograthy.

Upon your entrance, he gestures broadly and states in a tremulous voice, “The Amazing Zograthy sees all and knows all. A double fist of silver for a turn of the cards or a vision in the crystal; a treble fist of gold for the secrets of the multiverse.

DC 20 Perception or DC 12 Heal:
The nervous twitch of the fingers, the bloodshot eyes. You notice the telltale signs of pesh addiction.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Before I go any further and open the spoiler or anything, Hector, I wanna make sure attempting both checks is a legal move by the rules.


Female Elf Wizard (Teleporter) 1

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Skill use is a standard action..however as we are not in combat and counting rounds there should be no reason why you cannot use multiple skills over a relatively short period of time.

"We don't come seeking to know the future or to explore the secrets off the universe " Basil replies "All we want to know is if you can tell us the whereabouts of one Natalya Vankaskerkin"


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Alleria simply stands to the aside, idly inspecting the room and its contents.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Wellard is correct in this case. Unless you immediately walk out of the room, you would be in here long enough to attempt both checks.

Zograthy leans back in his rickety chair and says, “Aaaah... Secrets! Perhaps my greatest trade! Fifty pieces of gold for that information," he demands flatly.


Male Human Oracle 1; HP 10/10; AC 18/11/17; F+2/R+1/W+2; Init +1; Per +4

Gideon's eyes narrow slightly, giving the distinct impression that he is focusing keenly on something. Possibly a curious thing to witness, given the serious visual impairment that the Derexhi has to deal with on a daily basis.

After a few seconds, his eyes widen and he steps up behind Sir Basil, whispering low enough that only he can hear.

Sir Basil:
"Sir Basil, this fellow..see how bloodshot his eyes are? How his fingers twitch so? I believe he is addicted to pesh. Perhaps that will help in our negotiations?"


Female Human Gunslinger (Pistolero/ Mysterious Stranger) 1

50! Pfft. No wonder you eek your trade in this place, who would ever agree to pay such ridiculous prices! Alleria stands with her hands on her hips looking over the room, We have other leads, I say we take them!

51 to 100 of 396 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Hector's Shattered Star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.