Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Hector's Rogue Trader: The Warpstorm Trilogy (Inactive)

Game Master LordHector


301 to 350 of 566 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

"Lead on then, Erart. Lock and load, men."

"Master at Arms, escort our guide to the best of your ability."


Male Arch Militant 1

"As you command lord captain Militant!"

Ludicus snaps to attention with parade ground discipline, he then turns to Erart and motions for him to take a place right behind him.
The two crewmen are instructed to flank Erart, keeping him as safe as possible within a semi circle of guns.


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will

Vorgen falls in at the rear of the procession. He isn't skilled enough to backwalk but he can keep an eye out for anything following them.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Erart leads you all through the ship, taking back corridors and side hatches all to avoid the every-present walking dead. Eventually, he stops and points to a small hatch. "On the other side of this lies a ladder that will lead you to the Navigator's Oculus. Emperor be with you once you go through." With that he scampers off.


Male Arch Militant 1

"The mans faith in the emperor might be strong, but he still prefers to let those with bolter shells do the dangerous work eh?"


"Navis, any final words of warning when battling a Navigator?"


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will
Master At Arms Ludicus Marleno wrote:
"The mans faith in the emperor might be strong, but he still prefers to let those with bolter shells do the dangerous work eh?"

"Wouldn't you? Shows a level head and a firm grasp on the situation.

We should go back on suit air. That thing does not respect our need to breathe."

Vorgen speaks as he cycles a nearby pressure hatch. "No need to waste good air."

Vorgen reseals his suit and double checks both bolter and blade.

"Captain to the bridge?" Vorgen opens the small hatch exposing the ladder.


Male Arch Militant 1

Ludicus chuckles a little at Vorgen.
"Oh absolutely, except...I AM the man with the bolter."


Not in Use

To his Lord-Captain's query Yosarni rubs his hands o'er each other nervously "Keep your eyes low, and do not try to meet his gaze... I do not know what it may be capable of, but be wary of his eyes"


Male 40K Human Seneschal (Rank 1)

Alessaunder had not reloaded his Hellgun- it had plenty of shots left. He nodded that he was ready to proceed.

Lord-Captain, remember to declare who gets a +10 bonus each round.


"We're breaking in... now."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

As you bust into the Navigator's Oculus, it is difficult to tell if you managed to catch Orden by surprise or not. His quite-dead face betrays no emotion whatsoever. He stands as you enter, and the Worm begins to glow red. As it does, his fists become haloed in the same red energy. Slowly, a dozen corpses rise before him.

Will have map up asap along with the init order.


Silas aims a shot at the neck of Orden to decapitate him.

Init 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

+10 goes to Navis being the best shot with his best quality weaponry.


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will

Awaiting map and init, but here and ready.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Map is ready!

GM's Screen:

Regulorum: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Vorgen: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Silas: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Ludicus: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Yosarni:1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Alessaunder: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14
Orden: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Corpses: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Red-Shirts: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Initiative Order:
Alessaunder: 14
Ludicus: 12
Vorgen: 12
Red-Shirts: 12
Silas: 11
Regulorum: 6
Yosarni: 6
Orden: 5
Corpses: 4


Male 40K Human Seneschal (Rank 1)

I still have no idea which token is meant to be Alessaunder. If you have Maptools are you familiar with its sister product, Tokentool? You could use it to extract our PbP avatars to use as tokens on Maptools.

For the purpose of determining range etc., what scale is the map? Is each square 1 metre?


Male Arch Militant 1

"Auto fire! Focus on the one closest to you, and don't change target until it is down."

Command(46):1d100 ⇒ 23

Half action to command.


Male 40K Human Seneschal (Rank 1)

GM included that in his rolls.


Deleted, I stand corrected.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Yes, 1 square = 1 metre. I'll label all of the tokens on the map. I used the same ones as last time. I just used ones that were already in my library (mostly because I was too lazy to use the avi's here for them the first time).


Male 40K Human Seneschal (Rank 1)

Turning on co-ordinates in Maptools would be really helpful in assigning targets in future :).

Alessaunder's itchy trigger finger was the first to squeeze. He sent a controlled two shot burst of Hellgun fire at the closest threat, tilting his gun for a second to expertly aim the second shot at a different foe.

1d100 ⇒ 37 TN 41, +10 short range, +1 semi-auto for total TN61

Two hits, on two separate targets (must be within 2 metres of each other). Hit location is a 73 which is Right Leg. Can't find the bloody multiple hits table but suspect the latter hit is also Right Leg. Damage for the two shots-

1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Energy damage, Pen 7

1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Energy damage, Pen 7


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will

The bloody multiple hits table is next to the full-auto action. and you are correct it is a second leg hit

Watching the walking dead approach with a level gaze Vorgen raises his bolt pistol and takes a careful single shot at what was once the navigator.

Half action aim for +10. Half action fire at navi-thing, aim, short range. Target Skill (42+10+10)=62 1d100 ⇒ 4. Damage 2d10 ⇒ (10, 7) = 17+5 or 15 points to the head at Pen 4. Righteous fury check 1d100 ⇒ 66. Rats spending fate to reroll fury 1d100 ⇒ 10. Fury damage 2d10 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11+5 or 11 points. Total damage for this bolter shell 26 points pen 4 explosive damage to the head. By Tzeentch' spare pocket square that was a good shot!
Charmed check to recover fate point 1d10 ⇒ 10. Rats, 4 fate left.


Not in Use

Interested in the results of those above him in initiative before committing to an action.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Map now has labels on all tokens. Any further maps will use the pics of your avi's here on the board.

Alessaunder pops off a quick succession of controlled fire into the slowly closing horde of dead men, dropping two in a single burst. (Corpses 6 & 8 drop.)

As the chaos erupts, Vorgen levelly stares down the mutant menace bearing down on the group. He extends his arm and holds the pistol perfectly steady, his aim centering on the alien device attached to the dead navigator's eye. Just as the first two corpses die their second death, Vorgen closes one eye and his finger squeezes the trigger only once, and he screams in righteous hatred at the inhumanity of the thing. The bolt flies true and pierces strait through the Worm, into the navigator's third eye, and explodes out the back of his skull. (Though I should take away your Righteous Fury for that rather heretical comment about the shot, but I'll let it slide this time. ;P)

The corpses drop where they stand as the brain-matter explodes outward from Orden's skull and they all hit the floor before the barrel cools.


Not in Use

Yosarni watches with pistol drawn as those with better reflexes remove the threat before he can seek to act. Struck mute for a few moments before he stows his pistol and leans once more on his staff. Catching Vorgen's eye for a moment he smiles and non-verbally indicates his appreciation of his aim.


Male 40K Human Seneschal (Rank 1)

Well, I suppose your shot has rendered the discussion about what to do with the halo device moot. Alessaunder muttered as he moved to inspect the damage.


"Very good. We have recovered this ship intact. Everyone behead the corpses as a precaution. And someone please hail the Will."


Enginseer Prime Explorator R1

"Excellent shot, Vorgen. Though I admit I agree with the first officer regarding the halo device. Please see if there is any salvageable pieces of it left. Perhaps we can learn from it and determine a better way to protect...ourselves," Regulorum glances significantly at Yosarni, "in the event we encounter another such xenotech. I feel the Omnissiah would bless such an endeavor."

Regulorum and Pip explode into a flurry of action as they begin assessing the damage to the bridge and the controls under a less stressful environment. Regulorum uses Pip to communicate with the ship cogitator and reintegrate it to the controls. Regulorum begins to compile accurate data on the environmentals and begins locking down those areas which read as dangerous until successful repairs can be made.

However, first and foremost, Regulorum reintroduces breathable air back into the bridge if it can be pressure sealed once more.

I am assuming Regulorum is not under pressure, so takes his time to work with the cogitator and Pip until everything is working properly.


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will
First Officer Alessaunder wrote:
Well, I suppose your shot has rendered the discussion about what to do with the halo device moot. Alessaunder muttered as he moved to inspect the damage.

"Just luck, good or bad? Guess we'll never know."

Vorgen moves to the pilot's suite. Looking over the battle scarred controls and testing several. "Well, it looks like the mains are dark but with a bit of work we might be able nudge her out of the debris field with a little work. Should make it easier to salvage.'

Hector, What is still working? Life support and remote voidlock controls? Attitude jets? Macrocannons? If any of these systems are live we should be able to use them to move the Bounty clear of the cloud making the stripping her easier.


Male Arch Militant 1

Ludicus grins at Vorgen.
"I knew there was a reason I kept you around, sure wasn't for your piloting skills or anything like that..."


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will
Master At Arms Ludicus Marleno wrote:

Ludicus grins at Vorgen.

"I knew there was a reason I kept you around, sure wasn't for your piloting skills or anything like that..."

Vorgen chuckles.

Couldn't let you take all the glory now could I? You can blast the next warp spawned horror. I'm not greedy."


Male Arch Militant 1

"Yes, or the next hundred Orcs, either way, I'm not picky you know."

I guess all that remains is to act as bodyguard for the Lord-Captain Militant until he is safely aboard our own vessle...oh, correction, HIS own vessle.
I've earend a drink today.


Not in Use

As Bast secures the compliance of the ghosts in the machines, Yosarni walks over to the fallen navigator. Looking down upon the ruined wreck of a body with a mixture of revulsion and pity he gives the corpse a precautionary prod with his staff to ensure it isn't getting back up.


Vorgen Alph wrote:
Master At Arms Ludicus Marleno wrote:

Ludicus grins at Vorgen.

"I knew there was a reason I kept you around, sure wasn't for your piloting skills or anything like that..."

Vorgen chuckles.

Couldn't let you take all the glory now could I? You can blast the next warp spawned horror. I'm not greedy."

"Yes, yes, good shot there, old chap. And here you were asking for a macrocannon to deal with the problem hehehe."

Silas turns to the rest of his merry band, "A round of amasec for everyone once we get back home."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Orden is indeed quite dead, and without the Worm's interference and the machine spirit reawakened, the ship is mostly back to operational capacity. Mind that it was severely damaged in addition to the xeno device blocking its systems. Taking it for a joy ride wouldn't be the best idea, but it'll get to where you need it to collect your bounty.

The Worm is very disabled (it has a rather large hole in it), but a Challenging (+0) Tech Use tes well see what you can salvage from it.


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will

"Well the cannon would have saved time...And they can still be useful...."
Vorgen takes the pilots station and begins powering up subsystems.

"Lord Captain. We have power. Attitude control, functioning. Leaking atmosphere but nothing we can't take. Weapon control disabled but the guns themselves appear to be working. Auspex, oh dear that is bad. Etherics badly damaged. Minimal manuvering will be fine but anything more and she'll be flying blind. Speaking of manuvering we have full engine power. Geller field is functioning but only at emergency levels."

Vorgen consults a sreies of readouts. Crosschecking to verify the results before turning to Silus with a grave expression.

"This is not good. There is extensive structural damage, both the spine and skin supports are severed. The Bounty will never fly again. If we put any real stress on her we will end up with half a ship."

Returning to the controls Vorgen continues
"This is good news, internal and external vox are fully functional. I think both the Bounty survivors and our own crew would welcome some reassuring words. Shall I activate the ship's vox?"


Male Arch Militant 1

Ludicus walks over to Vorgen and leans down close enough to give him a quick whisper.

"How about a summary for us less well versed in the mysteries of the machine spirit OR spacetravel? You know, just the highlights?"


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will

"Sorry, got distracted. Short of it is the Bounty will never make it out of the graveyard, but we can use the attitude jets and careful atmosphere venting to move out of the local debris field. Especially if the Will clears the way with a few pot-shots."

Not sure how long you want this drawn out but Vorgen wants to bring the ship out of the debris field to make salvaging easier. If we can use the drives then great otherwise getting the survivors out, pointing the ship in the right direction and venting a couple kilometers worth of atmosphere out a single voidlock as reaction mass should get the bounty free of the local field. The Will matches vector, slings across an umbilical or twenty, and Bob's your uncle.


Male Arch Militant 1

Ludicus gives Vorgen a slap on the bakc and grins.
"See? You can keep it short and sweet with a little prompting. I'M the one meant to be giving all these long speeches to the troops...
Well, me and the Lord Captain Militant that is.
From his mouth to my ear, and then from my boot to the troops arse."


Male 40K Human Seneschal (Rank 1)
DM Hector wrote:

Orden is indeed quite dead, and without the Worm's interference and the machine spirit reawakened, the ship is mostly back to operational capacity. Mind that it was severely damaged in addition to the xeno device blocking its systems. Taking it for a joy ride wouldn't be the best idea, but it'll get to where you need it to collect your bounty.

Just got back from Kiev. Emphasis mine- it'll get where it needs to go, I don't know why Vorgen's still insisting on salvaging it.


"Hail the Will and let them know that we're bringing this ship out of the field."

"Activate shields and defense turrets to blast any debris.


Not in Use

Yosarni takes position near to a starmap and assists as and when ordered.


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will
First Officer Alessaunder wrote:


Just got back from Kiev. Emphasis mine- it'll get where it needs to go, I don't know why Vorgen's still insisting on salvaging it.

Just trying to get this beast out of the cloud so we can strip her without having to worry about too many micro-meteorites. All fluff really. You will note Vorgen's run down of functional systems pretty much precluded recovering the ship. Spine severed, etherics dead etc..

Over ships vox. This is Vorgen Alph on the bridge of the Emperors Bounty. The ship is back under control. Navigator Orden is at rest and the device that enslaved him is destroyed. Many good shipmates died here but this nightmare is over.
.
In a few (moments/hours? not sure)we will be docking with the Adament Will. After standard medical and theological checks we will be looking to each of you to aid in the salvage effort. The Bounty was a good ship, working together we can be sure her legacy continues. Bridge out.

By vox to the Adament Will: "This is Vorgen Alph. We have control of the Bounty and will be exiting the cloud shortly. There are survivors on board so please have medical and salvage teams ready. Bounty out."

Though broken and battered the Emperor’s Bounty is still a majestic sight as she exits the cloud. Coming to her final rest along side the Adamant Will she seems almost relaxed, happy that her duties are done. Her running lights extinguished she seems to sleep as the salvage crews swarm around her.


Silas takes custody of the now-disabled worm. He nods to the magos to indicate that he may get some research time with the device sometime later.

"Master-at-arms, see to the families of those we lost. Prepare a proper ceremony to honor their memory. I will attend, of course."

Mental note: we really should invest more in the training our crew. Their inexperience is telling.


Male Arch Militant 1

Ludicus snaps to attention and salutes the lord captain.
"Aye aye lord captain militant! I shall see to it personally."

I picked them, so I know their names, the sergeant will be able to tell me the details of the families.

"Shall we bury them in space according to the naval tradition or shall we leave the disposing of the bodies in the hands of the families?"


"We shall follow naval tradition. It is time we reminded everyone that they are now House Tyr."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Chapter 2: Vaults of the Forgotten

Part 1: Welcome to Footfall

Two years after House Tyr began to rebuild its name with the profit accrued from the salvage of the Bounty, the crew of the Adamant Will finds itself of the verge of its next great expedition. Lord-Captain Silas Tyr has been made a rather interesting offer that promises to make his fortunes swell even greater. But first he must travel to Footfall, haven of villainy.


"Set a course for Footfall."


Male Arch Militant 1

Nasty place, personally I'd wish to never go back, but the Captain is lord and master of the ship.


Addressing the other, Silas declares:

"We shall meet in one hour to discuss the Footfall endeavor."

301 to 350 of 566 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Hector's Rogue Trader: The Warpstorm Trilogy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.