Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Hector's Rogue Trader: The Warpstorm Trilogy (Inactive)

Game Master LordHector


251 to 300 of 566 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 4/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

Ludicus nods and gives Vorgen a grim smile.
"Point, "lucky" might not have been the best word for it after all."

Ludicus then turns to the others.
"I am no expert on the sacred mysteries of the machine spirit, but can the gellar field be raised at ALL?
We may not need it to be raised completely, only enough that we can surround the bridge, then we can finish the work while it is temporarily weakened."


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"People, is there a backup cogitator that we can use to activate the Gellar Field?"

"Magos, I believe this where you step back in?"

+10 bonus to the Magos


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 0/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Just double checking - did Yosarni sense anything outside the ship or was it blocked?


Enginseer Prime Explorator R1

As the men speak, Regulorum's expression becomes more and more stony. He is visibly disturbed by their words and begins a rapidfire conversation with Pip in Techna-Lingua.

At the prompting of Silas, Regulorum nods and draws on his extensive knowledge of Gellar Fields - something every Enginseer had to study intently. He also tries to recall every recorded circumstance when a machine spirit has been purged or ways to repower the ship's cogitator.

Roll is for either Common Lore (Tech), Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) or Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Int 45 + 10 from Silas = 55: 1d100 ⇒ 34 = 2 degrees of success


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

@Yosarni: Yes, you "see" the ship just beyond the Bounty. The guncutter is still attached as well.

@Regulorum: To awaken the machine spirit, the PCs must first enact the correct rituals and supplications. This will not require any Tests, you've done this so many times you could perform it in your sleep (if you ever intended to do such a thing as sleep), though it will take the better part of an hour as they set off rune-cascades and fill fluid reserves bringing the ancient machine back to life.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

@Yosarni: Yes, you "see" the ship just beyond the Bounty. The guncutter is still attached as well.

@Regulorum: To awaken the machine spirit, the PCs must first enact the correct rituals and supplications. This will not require any Tests, you've done this so many times you could perform it in your sleep (if you ever intended to do such a thing as sleep), though it will take the better part of an hour as they set off rune-cascades and fill fluid reserves bringing the ancient machine back to life.

Re-posting our GM's post.


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 0/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Sensing the presence of the ships, Yosarni discreetly informs the others so any concern can be assuaged.

Just read back over the thread and didn't see the response - must be forum wiggles acting up


WS- X, BS- X, WS- X, S- X, T- X, Ag- X, Int- X, Per- X, WP- X, Fel- X, Wounds X/Y, FP X/Y, Insanity X, Corruption X, AP- X (Y Right Arm, Z Left Leg)

Didn't show for me either so yup.


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will

Also missing for me. And I believe this contradicts previous info. Vorgen ordered the Father William (working name for the guncutter) to break lock and stand off. GM confirmed that We only lost communication after leaving the bridge so either I am misunderstanding something, the cutter re-attached, or our copilot is about to become unemployed, in greenland.

"Captain Silas. The Will is likely monitoring the Bounty closely. If we can get access to a voidlock or a hull breach, even an external light or point defence turret would do, we can re-establish communication. A sustained macrocannon barrage targeting the bridge should solve the problem without causing too much further damage. Permission search and call fire?"


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 4/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

Hmmm, this is interesting; does our Lord-Captain Militant take the "easy" way out or go for the harder but possibly more rewarding path? I have not served with him long, and this will help me determine his character.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Unfortunately Vorgen, that macrocannon attack is likely to render the vessel unsalvageable. But you get points for out of the box thinking."


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will
Lord-Captain Silas Tyr wrote:
"Unfortunately Vorgen, that macrocannon attack is likely to render the vessel un-salvageable. But you get points for out of the box thinking."

"With respect, I have faith in our gunners Lord-captain. With no void shields and no drives it will be harder to miss the ship than to hit the bridge. Besides the most valuable components are the drives and the hull itself. If we were to move the Will to point blank range, in a T position, we could use a small salvo to open up the bridge and then rake the area with concentrated point defense fire we could give that tainted navigator and his toy a personal, one way tour of the galaxy while doing minimal damage to the bridge.

I think it is a viable plan and can be pursued in parallel with the activation of the machine spirit."

Dm Hector, did I get conformation that the Father William undocked? Also You mentioned 200 xp in the ooc thread. Can we spend that now or do we need down time?


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Seems something odd happened to my post... It also has not shown me any new posts on this thread for a while... Weird.

@Vorgen: Yes, he re-attached. You have been on the ship for quite a while. And yes, you may go ahead and spend it now.

Erart looks back at you. "My Lords, it can be done." He swallows hard, as if about to say something he knows he will regret. "I can show you to the core cogitator."


WS- X, BS- X, WS- X, S- X, T- X, Ag- X, Int- X, Per- X, WP- X, Fel- X, Wounds X/Y, FP X/Y, Insanity X, Corruption X, AP- X (Y Right Arm, Z Left Leg)

Trusting our crew of incompetents to perform a precise macro-cannon strike with us on board is sheer folly. Alessaunder said in contempt. It would also destroy the Halo Device, which although dangerous when exposed to Navigators, is itself a valuable prize. Far better to handle this situation ourselves.

OOC I believe your grossly overestimating the precision of a macro-cannon battery. Possibly, the ship's turrets could be used for what your suggesting but from my 40K knowledge, no way a macro-cannon salvo could be that precise.

GM please confirm either way.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)
DM Hector wrote:

Seems something odd happened to my post... It also has not shown me any new posts on this thread for a while... Weird.

@Vorgen: Yes, he re-attached. You have been on the ship for quite a while. And yes, you may go ahead and spend it now.

Erart looks back at you. "My Lords, it can be done." He swallows hard, as if about to say something he knows he will regret. "I can show you to the core cogitator."

"Interesting. Are there security protocols we need to know about to access the cogitator, like a self-destruct?"


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Ship guns, from as far as I've gathered are rather imprecise as a whole. They're designed for blowing up hundreds of kilometers-wide targets. I suppose what you're proposing is possible, just very highly unlikely.

Erart looks back at Silas as if the idea had never crossed his mind. His eyes grow wide. "Non... none that I am aware of, my Lord."


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Alright, lead on then."

Silas turns to his merry band.

"Reload your weapons."


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 4/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

"Reloaded and ready lord Captain Militant, squad stands ready for your command."


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will
First Officer Alessaunder wrote:

Trusting our crew of incompetents to perform a precise macro-cannon strike with us on board is sheer folly. Alessaunder said in contempt. It would also destroy the Halo Device, which although dangerous when exposed to Navigators, is itself a valuable prize. Far better to handle this situation ourselves.

OOC I believe your grossly overestimating the precision of a macro-cannon battery. Possibly, the ship's turrets could be used for what your suggesting but from my 40K knowledge, no way a macro-cannon salvo could be that precise.

GM please confirm either way.

Vorgen smiles returning the contempt with scarcasm.

"Well I see you share the Captains low opinion of the crew that keeps you alive. I withdraw the suggestion. Afterall the profit from introducing a ship killing xeno-artifact onto an inhabited world must of course be our first consideration.
I am sure our geller field, maintained as it is by our fine crew of incompetents, will serve to keep the artifact dormant long enough for us to sell it to a rich cultist.
Oh, I'm sorry I mean collector.
Really the only danger would be from a warpstorm. We are quite lucky that such storms are unheard of in the Maw.

Well I was thinking less a salvo more a single cannon shot. Might take a hour or three to line up the shot and a day or three to do enough damage with the single cannon or turret guns but we are not really pressed for time are we? Heck if they need to the crew could plant a few cannon shells on a timer right above the bridge. Course this is all moot as we are about to loose the Will


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 0/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Yosarni leaned against a nearby bulkhead, clearly content to allow others to carry the discussion and talk.


WS- X, BS- X, WS- X, S- X, T- X, Ag- X, Int- X, Per- X, WP- X, Fel- X, Wounds X/Y, FP X/Y, Insanity X, Corruption X, AP- X (Y Right Arm, Z Left Leg)

Alessaunder glared at Vorgen but decided he was making enough of a fool of himself without highlighting it further by drawing attention to his insubordination.

I await your call, Lord-Captain.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

To reach the Core Cogitator, you pass though a substantial portion of the ship. The journey is harrowing—taking you past heavily damaged hull passages, debris-filled cargo holds, and leaking gravity pumps. Yet, after some time, you miraculously make it without any problems. You crawl out into a vast cylindrical chamber with energy feeds and fluid interchangers spiralling both up and down into the darkness. Suspended amid the chaos of tubes and wires is a collection of massive brass spheres surrounded by inactive servitors. You have reached the Core Cogitator.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Magos, please examine the cogitator to ensure that it is in working order. As in all things with technology, your expertise is needed."

+10 to any Roll, Magos


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 4/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

Bold words, but I always knew him to be bold, which is why I recommended him. As a friend, I should step in, but he would not thank me for it, it is his pride that makes him speak.

Turning to his remaining two crewmen he indicates the entry way.
"Same procedure as last time, cover the entryway with your guns at full auto, sing out if you see something, and if it is not one of ours and clearly hostile, gun it down."


Enginseer Prime Explorator R1

"Any of you who know any proper words that would be soothing to a Machine Spirit would be wise to begin your prayers," the enginseer says.

Regulorum fidgets with various vials of oil and unguents. He removes parts, intoning and chanting all the while. He places the various mechanical pieces back into their places after rubbing the oils and praying over them. His movements seem rote, practiced and smooth. Clearly he has done this before.

After the proper rites have been completed, Regulorum begins the sequence to coax the cogitator to life.

Hector:
You indicated Regulorum had done this many times, so I wasn't sure if a roll is needed.

Tech-Use 45 + Silas: 1d100 ⇒ 50 = 55


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Regulorum goes through the motions with a practised machine efficiency. After he finishes his chanting and intonations, evreything in the room ignites. Lights flash, and a bass hum fills the room. The machine spirit’s interface, the leathery head and torso of a servitor, addresses you, asking you to identify yourselves.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

I suppose the cogitator won't be able to tell a lie.

"This is Lord Captain, um, Spargan, commanding you to activate the Gellar field to expel the warp creature now on board this ship."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Acknowledged. Captain.

Time discrepancy detected. Explanation?


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)
DM Hector wrote:

Acknowledged. Captain.

Time discrepancy detected. Explanation?

"Warp anomaly, hence, the warp creature. Raise the Gellar field to prevent further disruption."


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 4/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

Hoh! Smoothly done Lord-Captain Militant! The natural aura of command might have helped fool the machine spirit.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Threat acknowledged.

Raising Gellar Field.

With that, you all can feel the tell-tale signs of the Gellar Fields being raised. Your skin tingles, and all your hairs stand on end. Erart turns and looks at you, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"You've done it! Without its connection to the Warp, Orden is vulnerable."


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 0/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

The sensation of the Gellar Field being raised was both comforting and chilling to Yosarni. It usually was the precursor to a period of mind numbing terror where but an eggshell stood between the ship and a fate worse than death. But not today... there was to be no ordeal to face, merely a perversion that now had nowhere to flee. Yosarni di not smile, but his eyes were slightly brighter at the thought.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Magos, do you have an idea on how we can approach the bridge without being detected by this Orden and its minions? How about locking down certain corridors to ensure the least number of interference?"


Enginseer Prime Explorator R1

Regulorum addresses the cogitator.

"Spirit, I am Magos Explorator and Enginseer Prime. The warp entity has taken the bridge. We must redirect all command capability to an outside location we can access. I also require you to upload the schematics of the Emperor's Bounty to this servo-skull." Regulorum gestures to Pip who approaches the cogitator with combi-tool extended but waits for the cogitator's acceptance before jacking into its interface.

Regulorum lowers his voice to micro-bead only on the officer channel.

"This should give us the answers to those very questions, Captain Spargan." A hint of amusement actually seems to be present in the Magos voice, but no, that can't be.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

Silas raises an eyebrow in response to the magos' un-machinelike behavior.


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will

"See if you can wrest control of the void lock the Father William is docked to Mr. Bast. It would be bad if Orden decided to leave the Bounty."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

The servitor beeps and buzzes as it transfers schematics of the ship to the docked servo-skull, which should now serve as a remote for access to the ship's core cogitator.


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 4/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

"Do we have what we need? I for one am eager to see the end of that monstrosity, and large caliber explosive rounds has always been a good way to make sure something stays down."
Saying so, Ludicus hefts his drawn bolt pistol and racks the slide.


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 0/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Yosarni is ready to serve in whatever capacity his Lord-Captain requires.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Navis, plot the fastest course for the bridge with the least number of intersections. With back-up diversion paths in case of opposition.


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 0/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Yosarni raises an eyebrow Surely this is a purpose for the Magos... who has the schematics in his servo-skull? but does not speak in opposition to the Rogue Trader. Engaging with Bast and his companion servo-skull, Yosarni does as ordered...

Intelligence check (Int is 42): 1d100 ⇒ 53


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Yosarni:
You're doing good to remember the way you came to get here, and you know that wasn't the most efficient route.


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 0/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Yosarni gives the Magos a private look that implores assistance...


Enginseer Prime Explorator R1

Regulorum attempts to isolate the most efficient path to the bridge while also opening the path to the cutter. Pip beeps and buzzes.

Common Lore (Tech Use): 1d100 ⇒ 50 vs. Int 45 which is a fail, bah.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Well?" Silas asks.


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 0/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Yosarni shrugs and says "That way?" hopeful that Bast will back him up.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Erart, what can you say? is that the fast and easy way to the bridge?"


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 4/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

He asks our crew and then ask the crew of this ship? Is he...testing them? I must be on my toes, he may decide to test me as well.


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will

"Fast and easy is predictable captain. Perhaps this fine crewman can get us close without making us too much of a target. After all this is his home."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"Aye, Lord-captain," the disheveled crewman says. "I can get you all quite close to the bridge and avoid the... the... others." Erart gulps and stammers out the last bit, but nevertheless begins to lead you back to the head of the ship.

251 to 300 of 566 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Hector's Rogue Trader: The Warpstorm Trilogy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.