Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Hector's Rogue Trader: The Warpstorm Trilogy (Inactive)

Game Master LordHector


201 to 250 of 566 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

The corpse falls, and no sooner does a 'fresh' batch of corpses rise than Regulorum finally manages to get the portal open and you all rush out of the chamber, the portal whooshing closed behind you.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Out!!!"

Silas leads his merry troop through the door. Sword and pistol at the ready to slash or blast any foe that would hinder their advance to the rear.


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 5/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

"Where to now lord captain militant?"
Ludicus looks to his two surviving soldiers and motions to them to take their place at his side as he prerares to take the front once more.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Back to the guncutter!!!"

"We're severely undermanned for this!!!"


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 1/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Yosarni does not need further encouragement and retreats near to the front of the pack.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

You make all haste back to the guncutter. Once you arrive, you find the the routes to the void-seal you entered through have been sealed and, like the bridge, purged of atmosphere. Panic begins to set in over the crewmen as the nature of your predicament begins to take full shape.

"Lord-Captain, are we trapped?"


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 5/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

"Stand firm! What is this? Can you not see that the Lord Captain Militant is thinking?
Do not bother him needlessly but trust him to have all in hand. Instead, ask how you can help him implement his plan!"


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"No! We are not!!!"

"Weapons at the ready! Conserve your ammo!"

"We're just getting some flamers to do the job right hehehe"


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Oh, and did I mention that there's going to be a bonus for this one?!"

"So, put steel into your spine!"

"We're going to make it!!!"

"Buddy system everyone!!!"


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Both of the men look at each other, worry etched upon their faces. "Whata we do now, then?"


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 5/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

"You two stay with me, you watch my back and I'll watch yours. And this time, stay together and stay focused."


WS- X, BS- X, WS- X, S- X, T- X, Ag- X, Int- X, Per- X, WP- X, Fel- X, Wounds X/Y, FP X/Y, Insanity X, Corruption X, AP- X (Y Right Arm, Z Left Leg)

Alessaunder watched the men panic with an expression of disdain.

I knew they would simply be a liability...

He looked around and sought an alternate route.


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 1/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Yosarni allows a sense of peace to come over him... one thought of what is within the warp reminds him that this danger pales by comparison. However he has nothing of note to add.


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will

Vorgen activates the vox connection to the cutter.

Over Vox: Wigeon. Come in. Assuming contact We've been cut off from the void lock. We may have to make our way to the open hull for pickup. Keep your eyes open. Vorgen out.

Vorgen deactivates his resperator and removes his helmet.
To all. "We need to conserve air incase we need to step outside for pickup. "Air smells pretty foul but I've been in worse." "Right. Looks like we need to find a way out of this hulk. She's a warship so there won't be much in the way of observation ports and it looks like our friend on the bridge has control of the void locks." Vorgen thinks for a moment. "But there should be a fueling lock down by the engines. It will mean some crawling but it might be a way out."

Vorgen turns to the captain. "Unless you trust you gunners enough to introduce the thing on the bridge to a macro-cannon blast?"


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Vorgen tries the vox, but gets nothing but static.

I don't know if I was especially clear on this, but not all of the portals on the ship are sealed. Some are, but there're enough that you can somewhat navigate around the ship. The void seal connecting to your guncutter is very much sealed, though.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Magos, do this type of vessel have an auxillary bridge? Perhaps we can lock out that thing...."

"Men, take time to switch to fresh clips."


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will
DM Hector wrote:

Vorgen tries the vox, but gets nothing but static.

I don't know if I was especially clear on this, but not all of the portals on the ship are sealed. Some are, but there're enough that you can somewhat navigate around the ship. The void seal connecting to your guncutter is very much sealed, though.

Hmmmmm..... has Vorgen made contact with the cutter since boarding the bounty? I am assuming the other two times he got through but as it is suddenly more important I would like conformation.


Enginseer Prime Explorator R1

Regulorum pauses to draw his lasgun. His eyes narrow as he hears Silas' request, and Regulorum appears immobile as he concentrates.

Common Lore (Tech) 45 v.: 1d100 ⇒ 89

"At this time I am unable to recall anything in this class of naval vessel's schematic which would indicate such, Silas, but I may be mistaken."

DM Hector:
In case there are any Mechanicum secrets which Regulorum may know which could aid in the situation.

Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus) 45 v.: 1d100 ⇒ 32


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

@Regulorum: No, you pretty much got it all.

@Vorgen: Yes he has, since leaving the bridge you have not.


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will
DM Hector wrote:

@Regulorum: No, you pretty much got it all.

@Vorgen: Yes he has, since leaving the bridge you have not.

"Damn. Something is interfearing with Vox. Well at least the guncuter broke seal and is standing off. We can not let that navigator onto the Will. Can you imagine what that thing could do to the underdecks? To a hive-world?"


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Let's go to the enginarium then."


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 5/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

Thumbing the rune one the side of his bolt pistol, Ludicus determines that he does indeed need to reload.
After slapping a new clip home an old superstition slowly surfaces.

For a moment he attempts to fight the urge down, knowing it is irrational and unproductive, however, in the end he is unable to stops himself and so he replaces is current bolt pistol with his other one.

If one scores a kill, the other must be given the chance to do so as well, balance...

Turning to the remaining crewmen, he motions for them to take their place at his side.
"Come now, you have survived this long, you can survive to the end. Stay by my side and we shall see this through."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

You wander through the shadowy ship, your path lit only by the flickering glow lamps. At least half of the portals you approach are sealed, forcing you to double back more times than you can count. Yet you still get the feeling of progress, albeit at a snail's pace. After what feels like hours traversing the vessel, you hear a shout.

"Don't shoot!" At the noise, you turn toward its source, revealed by the brief flickers of the lamps. Slowly, a bedraggled and filthy man in an ancient shipsuit approaches from the shadows.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Put up your hands where we can see them!!!"

Silas motions for the party to move to the flanks.

By the way who is taking care of rear guard position?


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 1/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Navis Yosarni continues to allow himself to be led, and is careful to not be the first, and also to not be the last.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

The man walks out of the shadows.

"Please don't shoot. You're alive aren't you? Why have you come here, it's not safe?"


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 5/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

Ludicus smirks a little at that, being that it's never safe to enter a derelict.
He then motions for the crewmen to cover the rear while he himself guards the front.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Be still. We're asking the questions here. Start by giving us your name, rank and serial number."

Command 1d100 ⇒ 30


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Well, speak up. We're not the walking dead if that is what you are thinking."

"I'm bloody aggravated by this whole thing that my blood pressure is raised."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

"Crewman Erart, M'Lord. And please, keep your voice down. It can hear you. Look, if you want to question me, do your worst, but we need to get soemwhere safe."


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 5/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

"I take it you have somewhere in mind as being safe?"


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 1/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Yosarni fidgets as they talk to the man... it would seem there is much at play on this vessel.. and it will not be illuminated until they retreat to his supposed place of safety.

The Navis looks to the Lord-Captain for guidance...


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

The man fidgets nervously, continually looking over his shoulders and more past you than at you. The fear etched into his face is plain even in this dim light.

"Yes, yes I do."


WS- X, BS- X, WS- X, S- X, T- X, Ag- X, Int- X, Per- X, WP- X, Fel- X, Wounds X/Y, FP X/Y, Insanity X, Corruption X, AP- X (Y Right Arm, Z Left Leg)

With little other options, we waste time standing here. We'll need the information this man possesses, regardless of his motives. I suggest, Lord-Captain, that we follow him. I'll keep my Hellgun trained on him, although I do not expect treachery.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Very well, consider yourself promoted Ensign Erart. Lead on."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

Erart leads you into a series of code-locked service tunnels and down into the bowels of the ship. "The Worm’s powers are weaker near the reactor," he says as he leads you deep into the depths of the ship. In this disgusting warren of corridors, you come across the other survivors, emaciated scavengers, ironically more horrific looking than the Warp corpses.

"What're you doing, Erart? Who're these? Pirates wander into the ship, and you bring them right to us?" one of them asks as you enter the chamber.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

"Cease your slander for I am Lord-Captain Silas Tyr, Rogue Trader and Master of the Adamant Will, Grand Cruiser in the service of the God-Emperor of Mankind. And these are my puissant companions."


Enginseer Prime Explorator R1

Regulorum and Pip have been attempting to run scans of the power conduits. Having previously noticed the power flowing to the bridge, Regulorum has spent the time since their escape trying to determine how he can safely disrupt the flow of power back to that area without endangering the ship.

Not sure if there is an appropriate roll for this kind of scan or if the results would be automatic. Your thoughts, DM?

"Even if the Lord-Captain was in fact a pirate, you would be fools not to accept his help," Regulorum says to the emaciated men with condescension, emphasizing the title as he returns to the formal address in the presence of unfamiliars. In an uncharacteristic display, Regulorum ensures that his rank insignia and specialized void suit are evident, as he moves to Silas' side.

"It is apparent that we do not have time for your foolishness if any of us are to survive. Are there any surviving Tech-Priests? I must know what has happened to the Machine Spirit of the Emperor's Bounty at once!"


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will

Weapons back in holsters. Vorgen considers their new compaions.
"We intend to harm to you or your ship. A naval patrol caught an aux echo of you and we came to see if it was real. We did not expect to find survivors, we certainly did not expect that thing on the bridge. What happened?"


WS 41, BS 31, S 35, T 30, Ag 41, Int 46, Per 37, WP 40, Fel 48, Wounds 9/9, FP 1/2, Insanity 2, Corruption 0, AP 3 (2 on Head)

Yosarni lurks towards the outer of the party, furtherest from the survivors. Navis did not inspire confidence and trust at the best of times... and this did not seem as the best of times.

A flicker of thought comes to him and he ensures he faces away from all before briefly opening his void eye... shuddering and shivering as the unnatural organ enhances his sight into the space and void beyond their ship.

I'm attempting to use the Void Watcher Navigator ability to reach out and attempt to discern if the guncutter and Adamant Will are where we left them and expect them to be...
Perception (Target 41 + 10 Fruits bonus = 51) : 1d100 ⇒ 12
If that's not a valid use of the ability, then just let me know I sense nothing.


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)
Vorgen Alph wrote:

Weapons back in holsters. Vorgen considers their new compaions.

"We intend to harm to you or your ship."

I believe the qualifier "NOT" is missing.

"Be that as it may, you wish to be returned to Imperial space, yes?"


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will
Lord-Captain Silas Tyr wrote:
Vorgen Alph wrote:

Weapons back in holsters. Vorgen considers their new compaions.

"We intend to harm to you or your ship."

I believe the qualifier "NOT" is missing.

"Be that as it may, you wish to be returned to Imperial space, yes?"

oops

"We intend no harm to you or your ship. A naval patrol caught an aux echo of you and we came to see if it was real. We did not expect to find survivors, we certainly did not expect that thing on the bridge. What happened?"


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 5/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

Hnnnh, desperate men sometimes act rashly even against bad odds, I learned that as a prisoner. Better take no chances.

Ludicus turns to the crewmen and points at the way they came.
"You too, cover the entrance, switch to full auto and sing out if you see anything. If it does not respond right away or isn't obviously someone on our side, blast it."

After tha, Ludicus takes a position near the captain, ready to defend him against any surprises.

Awareness (32): 1d100 ⇒ 10

Pretty vigilant, 2 degrees of succes.


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

At the obvious show of force and rank, the men back down. Yet the sullen look remains. "Be that as it may, that just makes you stuck here like us. Orden won't let you escape, and he can't be killed."

It'll take some rousing (or a good story) to motivate these guys into helping you. Not a lot, though. A Routine (+20) Charm, Deceive, or Intimidate test should get the job done.


WS- X, BS- X, WS- X, S- X, T- X, Ag- X, Int- X, Per- X, WP- X, Fel- X, Wounds X/Y, FP X/Y, Insanity X, Corruption X, AP- X (Y Right Arm, Z Left Leg)

1d100 ⇒ 4 Many, many degrees of success (Charm)

Alessaunder did his best to encourage the men and he raised their spirits with talk of rescue, playing up the competence of his fellow senior officers and (without going into too much detail) spoke of how they had already struck a blow at the very heart of the ship- the bridge!


Enginseer Prime Explorator R1

Pip generates a statistical analysis of the situation for Regulorum's eyes only, and Regulorum gives a soft snort of annoyance. Without waiting for Alessaunder to finish his charming and uplifting talk to these downtrodden members of the crew, Pip projected only a 7.5489356% chance of successfuly retrieving the information needed to retake the bridge or find a way to get back to the cutter. The odds soared to 23.8561117% if the men found the motivation to assist them.

Regulorum determined he would not allow the time spent placating lesser men's fears and sensibilities to be wasted. He squawked a command to Pip, and the two of them began working on nalysis of the way the power was feeding into the bridge and how best to interfere without endangering the ship.

Common Lore (Tech) (Int) 45: 1d100 ⇒ 13


WS 43 BS 39 S (3)2 T (3)1 Ag (3)6 Int (4)0 Per (3)5 WP (3)3 Fel (4)7 Wounds 10/10 FP 3/5 Insanity 6 Corruption 2 AP 6 (All)

Silas also turns on his charm in convincing the people that they will be served best by helping House Tyr salvage this vessel. He promises them free passage back to Imperial space and a berth on the Adamant Will if they want it. Silas thinks that the addition of this clearly competent people should increase the effectiveness of the green crew now handling the Adamant Will.

Charm 1d100 ⇒ 4


WS- 38, BS- 39, S- 37, T- 40, Ag- 32, Int- 40, Per- 34, WP- 50, Fel- 40, Wounds 13/13, FP 5/5, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 5 (5 Right Arm, 5 Left Leg) Arch Militant 1

Ludicus walks over to Vorgen, leans in and whispers.
"This remind you of anything? These people are lucky, nobody offered US a ride when we were in their shoes."


Master of Etherics on the Adamenent will
Master At Arms Ludicus Marleno wrote:

Ludicus walks over to Vorgen, leans in and whispers.

"This remind you of anything? These people are lucky, nobody offered US a ride when we were in their shoes."

"Yes but we didn't have a mad navigator hunting us down with the reanimated bodies of our dead shipmates. So I suppose it's all relative."


Male Human (American) Dungeon Master (Action Movie Director) 17

The men all start to nod in agreement at the series of rousing speeches. Then, the bedraggled man who brought you here, Erart speaks up.

"There is a way to get him, I think. You see, the Emperor’s Bounty fell afoul of a Halo Device, the Psycharus Worm. Lord-Captain Spargan brought it on board. It was inactive in the Lord-Captain's care for much of the return journey to the Calixis Sector until Orden examined it. As soon as he touched the cursed thing, it clawed its way onto his face and latched over his third eye, and forced it open. Compelled by the Worm, Orden vented the ship's atmosphere into space, killing hundreds of the crew. He then attempted to take control of the vessel using the Worm’s powers to animate the corpses of those killed to aid him. Most of the remaining crew, including the Lord-Captain, were killed in the fight.It was terrible. Though we couldn't kill Orden or destroy the Worm, we did manage to scuttle the vessel, preventing him from taking control. He's been sitting on the throne ever since, waiting for another chance to escape."

"But it was there we realised the true power of the Worm and its abilities. We also came to the conclusion that the device was somehow drawing its power from Orden and preventing us from killing him. Lord-Captain also figured out before he died that the Worm must somehow draw power from the warp, as it only became active in the presence of Orden and his third eye. It also remained inert when the ship was in transit, shielded from the warp by the Bounty's Gellar Field. If the Gellar Field could be brought to full strength it might sever the device’s power supply and allow us to kill Orden!" Erart finishes with excitement.

"You idiot," says one of the others, "The first thing Orden did when he killed everyone was deactivate the Core Cogitator and purge the machine spirit, so the Worm would have free reign over the ship’s systems. Without the Cogitator and the machine spirit, the Gellar Field cannot be fully raised, you know that."

201 to 250 of 566 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Hector's Rogue Trader: The Warpstorm Trilogy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.