Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown

Game Master Justin L. Warren

Current Map

* * *

Loot List


2,701 to 2,750 of 2,814 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

I see that the map is still confusing people, my apologies for that. On the current level, you can only move along the vats and the planks. With that in mind, I'll move Vivian into a spot to attack the dark creeper.

Sophie takes a moment to turn her sack into a makeshift breathing mask.

Vivian needs 2 fort saves here, one for nausea and the other for poison. I'll assume the one she made was against the nausea since she took all of her actions.

Vivian save vs. Poison: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Vivian is poisoned and takes 1 Strength Damage. This will decrease both of the rolls she made by 1, for a 21 to hit and 8 damage. If it makes a difference, the Fort save she rolled wouldn't have been enough to avoid being poisoned.

Feeling her limbs weaken slightly, Vivian moves along the edges of the vat and the planks to place herself in melee range of the dark creeper. Her sword slash connects solidly with the enemy and cuts through his outer coat, revealing that he's covered in rags.

Tara Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Still ignoring the pungent fumes, Tara fires her crossbow at the yellow-masked mongrelman, but misses.

Bert Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Bert prepares to swing his hammer, but finds himself sickened by the smell of the vats.

Amaria Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Amaria has no such difficulties this time and she fires two arrows. The first hits the yellow-masked mongrelman and the creature falls to ground 15 feet below. She then directs her second arrows at the dark creeper which just barely misses.

Amaria's Arrow 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Amaria's Arrow 2 - Cover: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Looking both annoyed and frightened, the mongrelmen continue their work nevertheless, except for the gray-masked one who cowers on the other side of the room.

The dark creeper tumbles away from Vivian despite the potential hazards of doing so and sets himself in front of a plank to the north. "No trespassing! Violators will be executed!" He quips with a weaselly laugh.

GM Screen:

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Initiative (Rounds 7-8)
Tara [3 Dmg; Fort Save need vs nausea] <= Up
Vivian [9 Dmg; 1 Strength Damage; 2 Fort Saves needed vs nausea and poison] <= Up
Amaria [1 Dmg; Fort Save need vs nausea] <= Up
Bert [16 Dmg; Bull's Strength Active; Fort Save need vs nausea]
5 Mongrelmen
Dark Creeper
Sophie [9 Dmg; Face covered] <= Up
Stefan [3 Dmg; Face covered] <= Up

Everyone is up! Vivian needs nausea DC 12 and poison DC 15 Fort saves, Tara and Amaria (and Bert) need DC 12 nausea Fort Saves.


Female Changeling Spirit Guide Oracle 5 - HP 28/28 AC 20/T:12/FF:18 - Perception: +0, Darkvision - Fort: +0, Ref: +3, Will: +4; +4 competence vs. disease, +2 trait vs. undead, +2 trait vs. fear, immune: sickened - CMB: +7, CMD 19 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +2

Sophie climbs down and make her way along the cellar floor towards the dark creeper. heading for the ladder that is closest to him

-Posted with Wayfinder


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (3/2)-AC 18 T 14 FF 14 HP 38/38 -Ini+5-BaB+3 (+6 ranged) CMB +4 CMD 17- Fort +6 Ref+7 Will+6 -Per+10 Move 30

Fort DC12: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Fort DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Vivian does feel so good suddently, and retches


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 5
Stats:
hp 27/27 | AC 12 (touch 12; FF 11]) | Init +5 | Per +4 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft.

Still pressing his handkerchief to his nose and mouth, Stefan directs his spectral hand to attack the dark creeper.

Chill touch, round 4 of 5

Melee touch (at range): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Negative energy damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 ...plus DC 16 Fort save or take 1 point of Strength damage


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Sophie climbs down the ladder next to her to reach the cellar floor of the vats. If you continue the same actions, next time will get you to the ladder that leads up to him.

The poison in Vivian's veins grows more potent, as she finds herself retching from the chemical fumes. Vivian takes another 1d2 ⇒ 2 Strength damage. She can also still take a move action this round if she wants.

Dr. Von Herzog's spectral hand attempts to touch the dark creeper once again, but the pale ragman avoids it.

Tara is up. I'll bot Bert and Amaria (unless she comes back first) once Tara goes.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 5 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP33/33 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 8 | Init + 5 | Perc + 4 | Channel: 3/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 14 CMB +3 | Hero Points: 1/1
Spells Cast:
0th: 1st: bless 2nd: Bulls strength 3rd:prayer x2

Reloading her crossbow, Tara keeps a weary eye on the creature attacking Vivian. Taking aim at the creeper, Tara shouts out "Pick on someone your own size!"

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Tara takes aim at the dark creeper, but has to adjust her aim with a mongrelman in the way and the shot misses.

Amaria holds her breath and moves into a better position to fire an arrow that hits the dark creeper.

Amaria Arrow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Bert also holds his breath and moves around the vats to get closer to the creeper. With a mongrelman in his way, he targets the creature with his hammer and strikes him in the lower torso.

Bert's Hammer: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

This naturally angers the mongrelman in the purple mask who moves closer while drawing his club. Unable to reach Bert yet without leaving himself open to an attack, the purple masked mongrelman instead turns his ire on Vivian as he makes a clumsy swing at her that misses.

The other mongrelmen just begin to cower now, as it appears they aren't going to get any work done at the moment.

The dark creeper adjusts his position five feet to the west as he draws another throwing axe and tosses it at Bert this time. His aim is off, however, and he merely lops it into the nearby acid pit. He reacts by spitting out a barrage of curses.

GM Screen:

Purple Club: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Throwing Axe: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 = 8

Initiative (Rounds 8-9)
Tara [3 Dmg; Fort Save need vs nausea] <= Up
Vivian [9 Dmg; 3 Strength Damage; 2 Fort Saves needed vs nausea and poison] <= Up
Amaria [1 Dmg; Holding Breath] <= Up
Bert [16 Dmg; Bull's Strength Active; Holding Breath]
5 Mongrelmen
Dark Creeper
Sophie [9 Dmg; Face covered] <= Up
Stefan [3 Dmg; Face covered] <= Up

Everyone is up! Vivian needs nausea DC 12 and poison DC 15 Fort saves, Tara needs DC 12 nausea Fort save. Holding your breath or covering your face with fabric or a mask will negate the nausea save.


Female Changeling Spirit Guide Oracle 5 - HP 28/28 AC 20/T:12/FF:18 - Perception: +0, Darkvision - Fort: +0, Ref: +3, Will: +4; +4 competence vs. disease, +2 trait vs. undead, +2 trait vs. fear, immune: sickened - CMB: +7, CMD 19 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +2

Sophie continues her advance on the dark creeper.

another double move

-Posted with Wayfinder


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (3/2)-AC 18 T 14 FF 14 HP 38/38 -Ini+5-BaB+3 (+6 ranged) CMB +4 CMD 17- Fort +6 Ref+7 Will+6 -Per+10 Move 30

Fort save DC 12, Nausea: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 I guess I can't act?

Fort save DC 15, poison: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

You can take one move action when you're nauseated, Vivian.


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

After squeezing past two vats, Sophie makes it to the closest ladder to the dark creeper and climbs up a short distance. Another set of move actions will get you into melee with him, assuming he doesn't move.

Although Vivian continues to feel nauseous, her body finally fights off the poison that was sapping her strength.

Stefan! Tara! Vivian's move action! Amaria if she's back! Bert if he changed his mind! That last one is unlikely, I know.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 5 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP33/33 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 8 | Init + 5 | Perc + 4 | Channel: 3/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 14 CMB +3 | Hero Points: 1/1
Spells Cast:
0th: 1st: bless 2nd: Bulls strength 3rd:prayer x2

"Doctor Von Herzog I am going to provide some aide to Ms. Deberth. Would you be so kind as to watch over my belongings?" Without waiting for a reply, Tara drops her bag onto the ledge with a resounding thump. Taking a tentative step on the side of the vat, she begins to carefully make her way along the precarious route.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (3/2)-AC 18 T 14 FF 14 HP 38/38 -Ini+5-BaB+3 (+6 ranged) CMB +4 CMD 17- Fort +6 Ref+7 Will+6 -Per+10 Move 30

+1 Keen LongSword, Reduced STR: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 1 = 6
Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Vivian tries to strike, but the nausea get the better of her


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Vivian, I'm afraid you can only take a move action, you cannot attack this round.

Tara drops her bag next to Dr. Von Herzog and begins to make her way carefully around the chemical vats. You can move full speed around the vats if you'd like, Tara. The ledges are wide enough to support it. Acrobatics checks are really only necessary if you're hit while standing on a plank.

Stefan! Vivian's move action! Maybe Amaria!


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 5 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP33/33 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 8 | Init + 5 | Perc + 4 | Channel: 3/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 14 CMB +3 | Hero Points: 1/1
Spells Cast:
0th: 1st: bless 2nd: Bulls strength 3rd:prayer x2

Cool! I have adjusted my movement based upon this new information!


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 5
Stats:
hp 27/27 | AC 12 (touch 12; FF 11]) | Init +5 | Per +4 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft.

Stefan directs his spectral hand to attack the dark creeper again.

Chill touch, final round

Melee touch attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Negative energy damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 ...Plus fort save DC 16 or take 1 point of Strength damage.


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Doctor Von Herzog's spectral hand makes another failed attempt to chill touch the dark creeper before disappearing into the air.

Still holding her breath, Amaria fires two arrows at the dark creeper. Her balance is a little off from shooting from the lip of a chemical vat, and both arrows miss.

Amaria's Arrow 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Amaria's Arrow 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Bert makes his way clockwise around the acid vat to swing his hammer at the pale, rag-clad enemy. He lands a solid hit on the creeper, which causes him to let out another litany of curses.

Bert's hammer: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

While the majority of the mongrel assume defensive positions, the purple-masked one next to Vivian attacks the red-head again with his club. He misses once again.

With fear flashing in his eyes, the dark creeper withdraws from the center of the room and moves around the vats to the east wall. He then proceeds to climb up the wall like a spider to pull himself up to the second floor ledge. The map has been updated to reflect his new position on the second floor. He's 15 feet up from your level. I'll place a yellow dot to indicate where he is standing above on your floor.

The red dot indicates the location of the ladder that leads up. Unless you have another way up or want to attack from range, you'll need to go up that ladder to follow the dark creeper.

GM Screen:

Purple Club: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Initiative (Rounds 9-10)
Tara [3 Dmg; Fort Save need vs nausea] <= Up
Vivian [9 Dmg; 3 Strength Damage; Fort Saves needed vs nausea] <= Up
Amaria [1 Dmg; Holding Breath] <= Up
Bert [16 Dmg; Bull's Strength Active; Holding Breath]
5 Mongrelmen
Dark Creeper
Sophie [9 Dmg; Face covered] <= Up
Stefan [3 Dmg; Face covered] <= Up

Everyone is up! Vivian and Tara need DC 12 nausea Fort saves. Holding your breath or covering your face with fabric or a mask will negate the nausea save.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 5
Stats:
hp 27/27 | AC 12 (touch 12; FF 11]) | Init +5 | Per +4 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft.

Chill touch is over, but spectral hand is running for the next four-and-a-half minutes!


Female Changeling Spirit Guide Oracle 5 - HP 28/28 AC 20/T:12/FF:18 - Perception: +0, Darkvision - Fort: +0, Ref: +3, Will: +4; +4 competence vs. disease, +2 trait vs. undead, +2 trait vs. fear, immune: sickened - CMB: +7, CMD 19 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +2

Sophie growls in frustration. A longbow appears in her hands and she maneuvers to where she can see the creeper.

can she see the creeper from anywhere on the bottom floor? If so she'll take a move action to wherever that may be. If not, she'll climb the ladder and move away from the nearest mongrelman.

-Posted with Wayfinder


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (3/2)-AC 18 T 14 FF 14 HP 38/38 -Ini+5-BaB+3 (+6 ranged) CMB +4 CMD 17- Fort +6 Ref+7 Will+6 -Per+10 Move 30

fort save DC 12: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Come on, silly girl, you have faced worse smell working for Pharasma's temple! Steel yourself!

Amaria, shoot the creeper, he mustn't escape!

Vivian will wait until Amaria uses her bow before following the fugitive

Delays, then

When Amaria has fired her arrow, Vivian tries to climb on the platform, jumping and pulling herself up, using all her grace and dexterity... So much grace and dexterity that her following attack is clumsy

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

@Stefan, thanks for clarifying!

@Sophie, I'll move you where you can see him now, but if he moves again that might change. Even from the best position on the cellar floor, he'll still have partial cover. My apologies, I know his tactics on this map can be frustrating.

@Vivian, if you want to make a vertical jump up 15 feet to the platform, the acrobatics DC will be 60. Are you sure that's what you want to do? There's a ladder right next you that will only take you one round to climb.

When it appears that Dr. Von Herzog's disembodied hand is just about to disappear, it pulses with spectral energy and looks good as new (as good as a spectral hand can appear, anyway).

Sophie summons a longbow and moves herself between two chemical vats to get a line of sight on the dark creeper.

Vivian waits for Amaria to fire an arrow before making her next move.

Stefan! Tara!


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 5 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP33/33 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 8 | Init + 5 | Perc + 4 | Channel: 3/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 14 CMB +3 | Hero Points: 1/1
Spells Cast:
0th: 1st: bless 2nd: Bulls strength 3rd:prayer x2

Darting between barrels, Tara works her way to the vat that Vivian is currently standing on. "You can run as far as you want, but you're still under investigation for grave robbing! I'll have you know that I received high marks in my persistence of justice for those who disrupt the dead!" Tara shouts up at the dark creeper, keeping an eye on where he is headed.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (3/2)-AC 18 T 14 FF 14 HP 38/38 -Ini+5-BaB+3 (+6 ranged) CMB +4 CMD 17- Fort +6 Ref+7 Will+6 -Per+10 Move 30

Oops, I'll take the ladder.^^


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Tara announces the reason for the group's presence as she moves around the vats to stop next to the irate purple-masked mongrelman.

Stefan, did you want to do anything this round? I'll move Vivian up the ladder after I bot Amaria.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 5
Stats:
hp 27/27 | AC 12 (touch 12; FF 11]) | Init +5 | Per +4 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft.

Stefan casts a spell. The spectral hand glows with icy blue light, and it attempts to touch the dark creeper.

Casts frigid touch.

Melee touch (via spectral hand): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Cold damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4, 1) = 16 ...plus target is staggered for 1 round.

Guessing that's a miss, but according to the holding the charge rule, the spell isn't dissipated, and the doctor can try again next round.


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Stefan casts another spell into his spectral hand and attempts to touch the dark creeper with it again, but it comes in clumsy and the creeper easily sidesteps it.

Still holding her breath, Amaria fires an arrow at the dark creeper that lands in the center of his chest. He reflexively grabs at it before falling unconscious on the walkway. Amaria then switches her target to the mongrelman in the purple mask and he too collapses, falling on the cellar floor near Sophie.

Amaria's Arrow 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Amaria's Arrow 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Mongrelman fall damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Vivian then makes her way up the ladder to the second floor walkway. If you don't want to do this now Vivian, let me know and I'll move you back to the center level.

With a confused look, Bert asks, "Should we attack the rest of the mongrelmen?" Talking, however, forces him to take a breath, but he successfully resists the nausea.

Bert Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

For their part, the remaining 4 mongrelmen just cower in place, not appearing to be immediate threats.

If you want to continue to attack the mongrelmen, we'll stay in combat and everyone is up. Otherwise, combat is over. You'll still need to make Fort saves to avoid feeling sick unless you hold your breath, take a mongrelman's mask, or create a makeshift mask.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (3/2)-AC 18 T 14 FF 14 HP 38/38 -Ini+5-BaB+3 (+6 ranged) CMB +4 CMD 17- Fort +6 Ref+7 Will+6 -Per+10 Move 30

You stay there. Where are your masters, and who are they?

Intimidate, Stern Gaze, Persuasive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Vivian tries to intimidate the nearest mongrelman, hoping their skill at battle will favor them


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 5
Stats:
hp 27/27 | AC 12 (touch 12; FF 11]) | Init +5 | Per +4 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft.

That spell will remain charged until spectral hand dissipates (in four minutes) or until Stefan casts another spell.

With the fall of the dark creeper, Stefan recalls his spectral hand, still glowing with an icy blue radiance. It hovers about six inches above his head.

"I would answer her questions, were I in your position."

Intimidate (aid another): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 5 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP33/33 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 8 | Init + 5 | Perc + 4 | Channel: 3/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 14 CMB +3 | Hero Points: 1/1
Spells Cast:
0th: 1st: bless 2nd: Bulls strength 3rd:prayer x2

"I think we need to move on quickly. The other owner is still here. Who knows what evidence he is destroying right now!" Clutching her dagger Tara glances over at her pack weighing the pros and cons of leaving it behind.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

While Sophie makes her way up to the top of vats, Stefan and Vivian converge on one of the remaining mongrelmen. Between bouts of nausea, Vivian (with the help of Stefan's spectral hand) then attempts to intimidate one of the workers into revealing some information.

"Our masters are V-v-Vorkstag and Grine. You k-k-killed Grine. Vorkstag is probably sleeping in his r-r-room upstairs." The cowed mongrelman stammers out, sounding a lot like a certain defense lawyer.

GM Screen:

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 5
Stats:
hp 27/27 | AC 12 (touch 12; FF 11]) | Init +5 | Per +4 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft.

Stefan then makes his way over to Grime to check his status, and will try to keep him alive if possible.

Heal: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

...still enough to stabilize him.


Female Changeling Spirit Guide Oracle 5 - HP 28/28 AC 20/T:12/FF:18 - Perception: +0, Darkvision - Fort: +0, Ref: +3, Will: +4; +4 competence vs. disease, +2 trait vs. undead, +2 trait vs. fear, immune: sickened - CMB: +7, CMD 19 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +2

Sophie can cast CLW if necessary

"I agree with Tara. We should go quickly"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Unfortunately by the time Dr. Von Herzog gets to Grine's body, the dark creeper is already dead.

GM Screen:

Stabilize 1: 1d20 - 10 ⇒ (3) - 10 = -7
Stabilize 2: 1d20 - 11 ⇒ (7) - 11 = -4
Stabilize 3: 1d20 - 12 ⇒ (14) - 12 = 2


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 5
Stats:
hp 27/27 | AC 12 (touch 12; FF 11]) | Init +5 | Per +4 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft.

"Grimes is indeed dead. I would recommend that we make haste to press onward."


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (3/2)-AC 18 T 14 FF 14 HP 38/38 -Ini+5-BaB+3 (+6 ranged) CMB +4 CMD 17- Fort +6 Ref+7 Will+6 -Per+10 Move 30

Let's go upstairs with all our eyes and ears open!

Vivian seeks the nearest stairs, but stay cautious, just in case ..

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

There are no stairs in this area, only ladders. The mongrelman did say Vorkstag had a room upstairs, perhaps he meant a higher floor. You can check the rooms on the catwalk on the second level or climb down to the cellar level and check the door there. Conversely, you can go back outside and check the double doors you skipped.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (3/2)-AC 18 T 14 FF 14 HP 38/38 -Ini+5-BaB+3 (+6 ranged) CMB +4 CMD 17- Fort +6 Ref+7 Will+6 -Per+10 Move 30

Let's get up this ladder, and check the second floor.

Vivian points out to the ladder leading to the catwalk, and climbs it

Takin 10 for 16, I guess that's enough for a ladder DC?


Female Changeling Spirit Guide Oracle 5 - HP 28/28 AC 20/T:12/FF:18 - Perception: +0, Darkvision - Fort: +0, Ref: +3, Will: +4; +4 competence vs. disease, +2 trait vs. undead, +2 trait vs. fear, immune: sickened - CMB: +7, CMD 19 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +2

as a side note, I'm having a hard time figuring it out how we're going to present any evidence we find here in court

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 5 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP33/33 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 8 | Init + 5 | Perc + 4 | Channel: 3/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 14 CMB +3 | Hero Points: 1/1
Spells Cast:
0th: 1st: bless 2nd: Bulls strength 3rd:prayer x2

Making her way back to her knapsack, Tara picks it up before catching up with the group. Following Amaria up the ladder, Tara spares a glance at the dark creeper. "Why would a fey try to masquerade around as a gnome? This doesn't make much sense."


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

I don't believe you need to make a climb check to move up a normal ladder.

The group next moves up the ladder to investigate the second floor. As the last person climbs up and moves into place, the northern door on the catwalk opens and a ghastly figure emerges. With dark pink flesh wrapped around its emaciated body, it appears to be a human with its skin pulled off. A stylish coat is wrapped around much of its body, with an alchemist kit around its waist and a heavy mace in one of its hands. Other features are difficult to make out, since the creature also appears magically blurry. To get a better idea of what I'm talking about, picture one of those medical posters that shows all the muscles of the human body and imagine it walking around.

"What, who? Did you kill Grine? No matter, I can find a replacement."

Believe or not, it's a Knowledge (nature) roll to identify this creature.

PC Initiative
Amaria's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Bert's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Sophie's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Stefan's Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Tara's Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Vivian's Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

GM Screen:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Initiative (Round 1)
Tara [3 Damage]<= Up
Sophie [9 Damage] <= Up
Stefan [3 Damage]<= Up
Skinless Creature
Amaria [1 Damage]
Bert [16 Damage]
Vivian [9 Damage]

Tara, Sophie, and Stefan are up first.

If you don't have a face covering and/or are holding you breath, then you still need to make those DC 12 Fort saves or you are nauseated for 1 round.


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

One thing I forgot to mention:

Immediately after the skinless creature makes his declaration about finding a replacement for Grine, the dark creeper's body vanishes in a bright light, leaving nothing but the objects he had on his body.

This should have happened before the combat as Stefan was checking the body, but it slipped my mind. I'll just drop it in here for dramatic effect.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (3/2)-AC 18 T 14 FF 14 HP 38/38 -Ini+5-BaB+3 (+6 ranged) CMB +4 CMD 17- Fort +6 Ref+7 Will+6 -Per+10 Move 30

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Know Nature, Monster lore: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

Vivian recognizes this disgusting creature as a fey known as a skin stealer. Usually only found in the First World, they can remove skins from dead creatures and use them as disguises.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 5
Stats:
hp 27/27 | AC 12 (touch 12; FF 11]) | Init +5 | Per +4 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft.

Stefan directs his spectral hand (still carrying the charge of a frigid touch spell) to attack the skinless creature.

Touch attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Cold damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 2) = 12 ...plus staggered for 1 round.


Female Changeling Spirit Guide Oracle 5 - HP 28/28 AC 20/T:12/FF:18 - Perception: +0, Darkvision - Fort: +0, Ref: +3, Will: +4; +4 competence vs. disease, +2 trait vs. undead, +2 trait vs. fear, immune: sickened - CMB: +7, CMD 19 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +2

knowledge, nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Changeling Spirit Guide Oracle 5 - HP 28/28 AC 20/T:12/FF:18 - Perception: +0, Darkvision - Fort: +0, Ref: +3, Will: +4; +4 competence vs. disease, +2 trait vs. undead, +2 trait vs. fear, immune: sickened - CMB: +7, CMD 19 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +2

Sophie raises her summoned longbow and releases an arrow at the disturbing figure.

don't know how long it's been. Let me know if I need to mark off an additional minute of use for ancestral weapon
longbow, attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 5 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | HP33/33 | Fort + 4 Ref + 2 Will + 8 | Init + 5 | Perc + 4 | Channel: 3/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 14 CMB +3 | Hero Points: 1/1
Spells Cast:
0th: 1st: bless 2nd: Bulls strength 3rd:prayer x2

Tara gags at the sight of skinned human, but is able to keep it together. "Pharasma, guide our blades that we may bring justice upon this defiler!" she shouts out, holding her wooden holy symbol aloft, as a wave of divine energy emits from the cleric.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Tara is casting Prayer! Everyone Gets +1 to Attack, damage, saves and skill checks! Our dear friend on the other hand will take -1 to attack, damge, saves and skill checks.
SR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14I don't know if this thing has SR or not, but better safe than sorry...


Gamemaster | CC Map | ES Map | S4 Map

It's been close to a minute since Sophie summoned her bow, but not quite that long.

Sophie also knows that Skin Stealers can make sneak attacks and use the claws on their hands as weapons.

Stefan's disembodied hand touches the blurry skin stealer and harms it with a frigid, staggering touch.

Likewise, Sophie's arrow finds it mark despite the distortion of the skin stealer's body.

Tara calls upon the power of Pharasma to strengthen the group while weakening your strange fey adversary.

The Skin Stealer then backs up 5 feet out of the range of Bert's reach weapon and tosses a fire bomb at Sophie. The fire projectile hits the oracle and soaks those around her with fiery splash. Sophie takes 10 damage from the bomb and Bert, Vivian, and Tara take 5 fire damage from the splash, reduced down to 2 with a DC 16 Reflex save.

GM Screen:

Spectral Hand miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 90
Sophie miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 74
RTA: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 1 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 - 1 = 10

Initiative (Rounds 1-2)
Tara [3 Damage + 5 or 2 Damage] <= Up
Sophie [19 Damage] <= Up
Stefan [3 Damage] <= Up
Skin Stealer
Amaria [1 Damage] <= Up
Bert [16 Damage + 5 or 2 Damage] <= Up
Vivian [9 Damage + 5 or 2 Damage] <= Up

Group Effects
Prayer: +1 to att, dam, saves, skill checks. Enemy takes -1 to those.

Everyone up. If you don't have a face covering or hold your breath, you need to make a DC 12 Fort save or be nauseated for 1 round. Tara, Bert, and Vivian need to make DC 16 Reflexes save to see how much damage they take from the bomb splash.


Female Changeling Spirit Guide Oracle 5 - HP 28/28 AC 20/T:12/FF:18 - Perception: +0, Darkvision - Fort: +0, Ref: +3, Will: +4; +4 competence vs. disease, +2 trait vs. undead, +2 trait vs. fear, immune: sickened - CMB: +7, CMD 19 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +2

oof. only 9hp remaining

Sophie screams as the flames engulf her, then she raises her bow and fires another arrow at the skin stealer.

longbow, prayer: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

-Posted with Wayfinder


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (3/2)-AC 18 T 14 FF 14 HP 38/38 -Ini+5-BaB+3 (+6 ranged) CMB +4 CMD 17- Fort +6 Ref+7 Will+6 -Per+10 Move 30

Reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27"can't touch this!" as MC Hammer would sing. Evasion as Rogue 3 so no damage

In an unbelievable acrobatic move, nearly dancing around the flames, the redhead manages to avoid getting caught in the fire entirely.

Ain't I fiery enough for your taste, sugah?

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Spitting out some bile, she attacks

+1 Keen longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Let's draw some blood, yours for a change.

Vivian's voice is stern, nothing like the happy go lucky girl she is most of the time.Then the mercurial-mooded monster hunter goes back to her usual talkative self, in a brilliant flash of strategical thinking and memory

hey folks, remember that dagger the circus people gave us? Do anyone still got it? It might be useful here and now!

Quote:

The next morning, you are awoken by the scent of breakfast and the sounds of the wagons being prepared to move. After giving you all some time to wake up, Kaleb approaches the group with the gift of a dagger, "As promised, here is the reward for assisting us. This knife performs extraordinarily well against werewolves and other shapechangers. Also, if I may be so bold, would you mind traveling with us for the duration of our trip to Lepidstadt? Obviously there are dangers on the road that we had not anticipated, and you seem like honorable and capable ladies and gentlemen. Although we are only about a days ride away from the city, some of our troupe would feel a bit more secure if you could escort us."

The dagger has +1 humanoid (shapechanger) bane enchantment.

2,701 to 2,750 of 2,814 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.