Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Haladir's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Haladir

Rise of the Runelords Book 1: Burnt Offerings

Thistletop—Dungeon Level 2
Thistletop—Dungeon Level 1
Thistletop—Ground Level <-- Party location

Party Status
Cerin hp 12/31; 2 Hero Points
Gwyn hp 13/16; 1 Hero Point
Helena hp 19/31; 2 Hero Points
Kyrian hp 17/20; 2 Hero Points
Orik hp 34/44; 2 Hero Points
Shalelu hp 34/34

Active Party Buffs: none

Map: Sandpoint
Map: Sandpoint Hinterlands

Treasure List


2,651 to 2,700 of 2,776 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar (of gnomish stock) Druid 5 , Init: +1, Perception +12 w/60 ft Darkvision, HP: 38/38, F:+5, R:+2, W:+8, AC/T/FF: 18/13/16, CMD: 15, Stormburst 7/7

Lumbering to the other side of the dais, Cerin-bear climbs up the stairs and circles around to box Nualia into a corner. Huffing with derision at her feeble spell, he snaps at her to show her Lamashtu has no power over him.

Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


HP: 16/16 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: 0 R: +6 W:+4 (+6 vs. Enchantments) | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, 1st: 5/5 Wand of Silent Image: 14 | Per: +10 (+2 if Fluff is within arm's reach, +1 vs. traps) | Init: +3 Female Elf Rogue 1/Arcanist 3
Fluff:
HP: -4/8 | AC: 17/16/15 | F: 0 R: +5 W:+5 | Per: +11 | Init: +2
Imp. Rex:
HP: 15/15 | AC: 11/11/9 | F: +6 R: +5 W:+1 | Per: +6 | Init: +2

Orange arrows for Gwyn's movement.

As Orin and Cerin attack Nualia, Gwyn skirted around to get behind the crazed priestess.Despite her anger, she looks at the wicked blade and falters as she gets ready to stab Nualia in the back.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Half Elf Rogue (Investigator) 3 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 16/12/14 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +5 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +9 | Character Sheet

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

No point in creating something. Kyrian may as well stop fighting at this point.


Your humble narrator

Orik: Nualia is under a sanctuary spell, so you need to make a DC 14 Will save to attack her. Your attack misses anyway, so no need to retcon your action: I'll adjust in the round summary narrative.

Everyone: Remember that the sanctuary spell prevents direct attacks. You can certainly do other things... like lock and bar doors, reposition, drop caltrops, use area effect attacks, physically stand in the way, etc. The effect is broken if the subject of the spell makes a direct attack against someone. I'll also tell you that Nualia has realized that she can't win this fight after all, and is currently trying to make her escape...

Kyrian and Gwyn can't directly attack, but can declare different actions if you want (e.g. Gwyn could cast burning hands in Nualia's area, use her wand of the same name, or use her Flame Arc arcane exploit.) Still waiting for Helena.


Female Human Oracle (life) 4 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | hp 8/31 | CMD 16 | F +4, R +3, W +4 | Init +2| Perc +4 | low-light vision, darkvision 30 ft | Channel Positive Energy 3/5 | 1st-level spells 6/7 | 2nd-level spells 1/4

Helena moves up the stairs, spear-butt dragging on the ground. "You'll not escape so easily!" she hisses.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Longspear: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


HP 27/44 | AC 22 | T 12 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Sense Motive +0

Since it will matter for future actions, if any...

Will save for Sanctuary: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


CG Female Elf Ranger 4
Stats:
hp 34 | AC 17 (touch 13; FF 14) | Init +3| Per +10 | Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +3 (+2 vs. enchantment)

Will save (DC 14): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Shalelu draws back on her bow, and hesitates for a long second before releasing her arrow.

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30 ...Another crit threat!
Miss <= 20: 1d100 ⇒ 61 ...not a miss!
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Confirm?: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30 ...um, yeah!
Crit damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 7) + 4 = 12


Your humble narrator

Okay... moving on!

GM screen:
Tsuto's stabilization (DC 17): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Trap v. Helena: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6
Trap v. Orik: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 ...miss
Trap v. Cerin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 ...crit threat
Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 ...no!
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
Nualia Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
Nualia's fervor, CMW: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 1) + 8 = 15

Monster status
Nualia: AC 20, hp 21/73
Tsuto: AC 19, hp (-8)/52, unconscious, dying (dead at -13)

Initiative Order: Monsters, Gwyn, Orik, Kyrian, Helena, Cerin, Shalelu

Round 9, continued

Gwyn, now invisible, draws back her shortsword to stab Nualia in the face... but is briefly overcome with a flash of terror... she can feel the eyes of Lamashtu upon her, and she can't bear the consequence of attacking the Demon Queen's servant... but then the feeling suddenly vanishes.

Orik steps onto the stairs leading up to the dais, and the statue of the robed man animates, swinging its glaive down at him. Nualia seems to have anticipated this and ducks as it swings above her. But Orik sees it, and likewise ducks. The move puts him off-balance, and his attack on the priestess is clumsy, and his sword clangs harmlessly off her left greave.

Kyraian draws his bowstring, pointing another arrow at Nualia. But, try as he might, he can't force himself to release it. His arm starts to shake as he continues to will his hand to let the arrow fly, but cannot.

Helena charges up the stairs. Upon setting foot on the first step, the statue of the robed figure swings its glaive, slashing at her! The blade connects, cutting a nasty gash. Take 6 hp damage. But she continues up past it, and jabs Nualia's demon-arm with her spearhead.

The bear-that-is-Cerin lumbers up the stairs, hot on Helena's heels. He also didn't anticipate that the trap would so suddenly spring again, and the glaive slashes along his back. Take 6 hp damage from the trap. Lumbering past his friends, Cerin snaps at Nualia, but only gets his teeth around her armor.

Shalelu lets fly an arrow that hits Nualia in the neck! She makes a disconcerting gurgling sound, and clutches at the arrow.

I've marked where the two traps are swinging. Moving through those areas will subject you to an attack from the traps.

Round 10

Nualia pulls the arrow out, spraying blood around her. At the same time, she gurgles a prayer to Lamashtu, and the blood immediately stanches. She then acrobatically dodges past her attackers, evading their attacks.

Nualia's Acrobatics check was only a 14, so Cerin, Orik, and Helena each get an AOO. I'm going to go ahead and roll those...

Cerin's AOO (bite): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 ...miss
Helena's AOO: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14 ...miss
Orik's AOO: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17 ...miss

Nualia jumps off the dais, landing in a roll, and tumbles back onto her feet, standing next to Tsuto's sprawled body (and Kyrian). She casts a spell, uttering a horrific wail, then reaches down and touches Tsuto. Tsuto shudders and groans, and his skin immediately turns a pale gray color, as if he'd been dead for days. Nualia seems stronger.

GM screen:
Death knell: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Everyone may go!


HP: 16/16 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: 0 R: +6 W:+4 (+6 vs. Enchantments) | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, 1st: 5/5 Wand of Silent Image: 14 | Per: +10 (+2 if Fluff is within arm's reach, +1 vs. traps) | Init: +3 Female Elf Rogue 1/Arcanist 3
Fluff:
HP: -4/8 | AC: 17/16/15 | F: 0 R: +5 W:+5 | Per: +11 | Init: +2
Imp. Rex:
HP: 15/15 | AC: 11/11/9 | F: +6 R: +5 W:+1 | Per: +6 | Init: +2

Acrobatics to hop along the fountain: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Attack (vs. Flatfooted?): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Boo!

Gwyn skirts around the blades, squeezes past Cerin, then hops over the fountain to land on the floor. She rushes up behind Nualia, mithral blade gleaming as her spell unravels. A furious yell on her lips as she stabs at Nualia, aiming for her kidneys.

Missed the hit. Probably about to get hammered. ;^;


Male Half Elf Rogue (Investigator) 3 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 16/12/14 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +5 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +9 | Character Sheet

Realizing what's about to happen, Kyrian moves over, dropping his bow in order to reach for his blade instead. "This isn't going to end well guys..."

Can't move him on my phone, but 5 foot shift to the spot above, drop the bow and draw the short sword. At this point, I really think Kyrian is gonna bite it.


HP 27/44 | AC 22 | T 12 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Sense Motive +0

Orik reacts by instinct, raising his shield as he spies movement on his periphery, deflecting the whirling blade as it goes by. Spying a chance to end Nualia, he gives a warcry and raises his warhammer high, racing towards her. He breaks his stride as he gets close, finding it impossible to bring the hammer down upon her.

Will save (Sanctuary): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack, Bless, Bull's Strength, charge: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar (of gnomish stock) Druid 5 , Init: +1, Perception +12 w/60 ft Darkvision, HP: 38/38, F:+5, R:+2, W:+8, AC/T/FF: 18/13/16, CMD: 15, Stormburst 7/7

Cerin-bear drops down to all four legs and scoots down the stairs, trying to avoid the swinging blade above. Upon reaching the bottom of the dais, he lumbers forward and rises to his hind legs to roar in Nualia's face.

Total Defense (AC: 18), move next to Nualia. I can't adjust the map ATM.

Didn't Orik already succeed on a Will save? Once you save, you are no longer affected by the spell.


HP 27/44 | AC 22 | T 12 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Sense Motive +0

Nope - I forgot to test against it the first time, so I did so here. Time to come up with yet another solution to the problem!

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar (of gnomish stock) Druid 5 , Init: +1, Perception +12 w/60 ft Darkvision, HP: 38/38, F:+5, R:+2, W:+8, AC/T/FF: 18/13/16, CMD: 15, Stormburst 7/7

It looks like you rolled for it here.


HP 27/44 | AC 22 | T 12 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Sense Motive +0

AH! Missed it. Never mind, clearly Orik just sucks at hitting Nualia right now.


CG Female Elf Ranger 4
Stats:
hp 34 | AC 17 (touch 13; FF 14) | Init +3| Per +10 | Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +3 (+2 vs. enchantment)

Shalelu moves back to get a clear shot, then fires another arrow at Nualia.

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


Your humble narrator

GMPC for Helena...

Initiative Order: Monsters, Gwyn, Orik, Kyrian, Helena, Cerin, Shalelu

Round 10, Continued

Still invisible, Gwyn moves to the edge of the dais, leaping over the fountain, landing catlike on the main floor. She rushes beside Nualia to strike her at unawares, but slips in a pool of Tsuto's blood mid-thrust. Gwyn suddenly blinks back into view, but her blade deflects off Nualia's breastplate.

Orik's shield deflects the statue's swinging glaive, and he rushes toward Nualia, swinging his sword in a wide arc. Nualia instinctively raises her own blade and parries.

Kyrian drops his bow and pulls his shortsword, but the sudden fear of Lamashtu prevents him from attacking.

Helena also moves off the dais, jumping off the edge to the floor.
Acrobatics (DC 5): 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (17) - 6 = 11

She lands kind of hard, but then rushes to join the fight, stabbing at Nualia past Gwyn with her longspear...

Nualia has cover from Gwyn.
Helena's attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 4 = 13 ...miss

...but the evil priestess easily swats the spear away with her nasty-looking sword.

Cerin-bear lumbers down the stairs, trying to avoid the swinging glaive. But the trap seems to vary the height at which it swings, and the blade connects, cutting a deep gash across Cerin's right haunch. Cerin: Take 5 hp damage. I think that puts you at 0 hp and disabled... I'm going to say you don't take your declared standard action this round, and that you aren't in Nualia's melee range yet.

Shalelu moves for a clear shot and lets an arrow fly, but one of the stochastic motes of light still surrounding Nualia deflects it.

Round 11

GM screen:
Trap v. Cerin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 ...hit
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 ...override. 5 hp.
Fervor (5/5): Aid: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Monster Status
Nualia: hp 33/73

Nualia, realizing that she is surrounded and that you have cut off her escape, begins laughing maniacally. "I have you where I want you!! You are all DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!!"

She calls a brief prayer to Lamashtu in Abyssal, and a dull red aura glows around her. She then faces... {1-Gwyn; 2-Orik; 3-Kyrian: 1d3 ⇒ 1} ...Gwyn. With a madness-fueled grin, Nualia shrieks, "Time to die, elf!!"

GM screen:
Nualia's attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Gripping her blade with both hands, Nualia slashes viciously at Gwyn. Gwyn tries to parry with her mithril shortsword, but the fury of the demon-priest's blade easily knocks Gwyn's defenses aside. The sword cuts across Gwyn's abdomen, neatly slicing through her leather armor, cutting deep into Gwyn's belly. Gwyn clutches at the gash as her lifeblood gushes from the wide wound, as her vision tunnels out and she collapses to the floor. Gwyn: Take 12 hp damage. By my calculations, that puts you at (-6) hp and dying. You can try to stabilize by making a DC 16 CON check.

Nualia has attacked, which ends her own sanctuary spell. You may all attack her freely.

Oh, and by the way, Nualia is now out of both spells and Fervor.

Your actions!


HP: 16/16 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: 0 R: +6 W:+4 (+6 vs. Enchantments) | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, 1st: 5/5 Wand of Silent Image: 14 | Per: +10 (+2 if Fluff is within arm's reach, +1 vs. traps) | Init: +3 Female Elf Rogue 1/Arcanist 3
Fluff:
HP: -4/8 | AC: 17/16/15 | F: 0 R: +5 W:+5 | Per: +11 | Init: +2
Imp. Rex:
HP: 15/15 | AC: 11/11/9 | F: +6 R: +5 W:+1 | Per: +6 | Init: +2

Con DC 10: 1d20 - 1 - 6 ⇒ (15) - 1 - 6 = 8
Gwyn's at -7. If no one stabilizes her, and she fails her next Con check, she's dead.

Gwyn's eyes widen for a moment before a line of searing hot pain lances through her belly and the room spins as the force of the blow sends her stumbling back and turns her around. With a clatter, her sword falls to the ground. She lands and slides along the ground, pale and frail as her life's blood pools on the floor.


Your humble narrator

8 CON is rough for a PC!


HP: 16/16 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: 0 R: +6 W:+4 (+6 vs. Enchantments) | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, 1st: 5/5 Wand of Silent Image: 14 | Per: +10 (+2 if Fluff is within arm's reach, +1 vs. traps) | Init: +3 Female Elf Rogue 1/Arcanist 3
Fluff:
HP: -4/8 | AC: 17/16/15 | F: 0 R: +5 W:+5 | Per: +11 | Init: +2
Imp. Rex:
HP: 15/15 | AC: 11/11/9 | F: +6 R: +5 W:+1 | Per: +6 | Init: +2

No kidding. Still, that's part of playing Gwyn, and she's one of my favorite PCs.


HP 27/44 | AC 22 | T 12 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Sense Motive +0

"GWYN!", Orik shouts, his eyes widening with fear as Nualia brings the elf low. He turns to regard her. "Alright, b##&*. That's IT. You killed those townsfolk, you killed goblins that displeased you - you even killed Tsuto, and I was looking forward to slitting his throat myself. But you do NOT get to kill her!" He steps over Gwyn's unconscious body, providing some meager protection, and swings his hammer again at her, channeling his rage into his swing.

5' step into flank with Kyrian. Power Attack!

Attack, Bless, Bull's Strength, flanking, Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 22
Damage, Bull's Strength, Power Attack: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 13


Female Human Oracle (life) 4 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | hp 8/31 | CMD 16 | F +4, R +3, W +4 | Init +2| Perc +4 | low-light vision, darkvision 30 ft | Channel Positive Energy 3/5 | 1st-level spells 6/7 | 2nd-level spells 1/4

Cerin staggers. Gwyn collapses. Kyrin looks one good shot away from unconsciousness. In her scarves, Helena can feels Fluff's heartbeat feebly struggling. Shaking with white-hot anger, she plants her spear firmly in the ground. "We will not fall," she hisses, eyes flaring. "WE WILL NOT FALL!" she repeats, her voice shaking as wisps, then gouts of vibrant green flow from her staff and hands, bathing the room in a verdant glow before vanishing.

Standard action to channel positive energy to heal. I can exclude up to four creatures; I'll exclude the yeth hound, Tsuto (don't know whether he's dead or not), Nualia, and... I don't think there's anyone else to exclude?
It will hit all allies, including Shalelu and Fluff.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6


Your humble narrator

Round 11, Continued...

Gwyn collapses to the floor, bleeding out.

Orik shouts a challenge to his former employer and slashes the demon-priest across her already-scarred abdomen, cutting a deep wound.

Helena calls out to the spritis of life. The scent of fresh spring rain suffuses the room as warm, greenish energy rises from the ground. You all feel freshened as your wounds start to heal supernaturally quickly... Nualia is excluded from this effect.

Everyone heals 6 hp.

Gwyn's mortal wound is stanched and she immediately stops bleeding. She draws a sudden gasp of air and her eyes snap open.

Gwyn regains consciousness, is at 0 hp and is disabled. Cerin is no longer disabled. By the way, you had killed the yeth hound outright, and Nualia stole what was left of Tsuto's remaining life-force with a death knell spell...

Revised Initiaive order: Nualia, Orik, Helena, Kyrian, Gwyn, Cerin, Shalelu

Stil waiting for Cerin and Kyrian.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar (of gnomish stock) Druid 5 , Init: +1, Perception +12 w/60 ft Darkvision, HP: 38/38, F:+5, R:+2, W:+8, AC/T/FF: 18/13/16, CMD: 15, Stormburst 7/7

The large bear stops in shock as Gwyn falls, a look of anguish on his face. He lumbers over to tend to her and huffs in relief as Helena's wave of healing energy washes over both of them. When Gwyn's eyes flutter open, he nods at her, then turns back to Nualia and charges her with an ear-shattering roar!

Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


CG Female Elf Ranger 4
Stats:
hp 34 | AC 17 (touch 13; FF 14) | Init +3| Per +10 | Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +3 (+2 vs. enchantment)

Shalelu fires a white-fletched, white-shafted arrow at Nualia.

Point-blank shot, bless, sleep arrow

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 22
Nonlethal Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4 ...plus DC 11 Will save or fall asleep


Your humble narrator

GMPC for Kyrian

Getting a second wind from Helena's magic, Kyrian dispenses with the quips and focues on stabbing Nualia...

bless, flanking

Kyrian melee: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9

...but she easily sidesteps the clumsy attack.

Cerin, also feeling re-energized from Helena's blessing, charges Nualia, but can't get past her defenses.

Shalelu fires a pure-white arrow at Nualia, hitting her in the soulder.
Miss on <=20: 1d100 ⇒ 65 ...hit!

A light blue magical pulse courses through the priestess' body.

Nualia Will save (DC 11): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

...and I was totally not expecting that to happen!

Nualia seems to stagger as her eyes flutter. She struggles to stand, but her arm goes limp and her sword clatters to the floor. She staggers to her knees as she stammers, "Mother... will... kill..." She then lies down on the floor, breathing heavily... almost like she's snoring.

Round 12

I am going to keep the combat clock running for now. What do you do?


CG Female Elf Ranger 4
Stats:
hp 34 | AC 17 (touch 13; FF 14) | Init +3| Per +10 | Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +3 (+2 vs. enchantment)

Shalelu looks at the slumbering demon-priestess with incredulity as she lowers her bow. "I didn't think that would work! Someone tie her up!
That magic won't last long!"


HP: 16/16 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: 0 R: +6 W:+4 (+6 vs. Enchantments) | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, 1st: 5/5 Wand of Silent Image: 14 | Per: +10 (+2 if Fluff is within arm's reach, +1 vs. traps) | Init: +3 Female Elf Rogue 1/Arcanist 3
Fluff:
HP: -4/8 | AC: 17/16/15 | F: 0 R: +5 W:+5 | Per: +11 | Init: +2
Imp. Rex:
HP: 15/15 | AC: 11/11/9 | F: +6 R: +5 W:+1 | Per: +6 | Init: +2

Gwyn stands to her feet, then grabs her sword from where it fell. Battered, bloodied, and enraged, she kneels next to Nualia and raises her blade above the priestess's throat.

"Die b*!+&."

And if no one stops her, she's gonna coup de grace Nualia and then pass out.


Your humble narrator

Waiting for other reactions to Gwyn...


HP 27/44 | AC 22 | T 12 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Sense Motive +0

Orik huffs and puffs as he watches Nualia fall, incredulous that the ordeal is finally over. He's about to fall upon her and crush her skull with his hammer when Gwyn crawls over the aasimar, sword in hand. Let her have it, he thinks to himself. She's earned the kill more than me.

Orik's not good at making moral judgements.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar (of gnomish stock) Druid 5 , Init: +1, Perception +12 w/60 ft Darkvision, HP: 38/38, F:+5, R:+2, W:+8, AC/T/FF: 18/13/16, CMD: 15, Stormburst 7/7

As the Demonic figure falls, Cerin shifts back to his normal size and form and stares at her with pity. Upon seeing Gwyn crawl towards Nualia with her blade, he reaches out to place a hand on her shoulder.

"Gwyn," he says gently, "I know you want revenge right now, but pause a moment and think about it. She wasn't born this way, she was twisted by an unfortunate life. It could happen to anyone. I won't stop you if this is what you really want, but killing someone in battle is one thing, and murdering a helpless person in cold blood is another.
This will stay with you, trust me..."


HP: 16/16 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: 0 R: +6 W:+4 (+6 vs. Enchantments) | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, 1st: 5/5 Wand of Silent Image: 14 | Per: +10 (+2 if Fluff is within arm's reach, +1 vs. traps) | Init: +3 Female Elf Rogue 1/Arcanist 3
Fluff:
HP: -4/8 | AC: 17/16/15 | F: 0 R: +5 W:+5 | Per: +11 | Init: +2
Imp. Rex:
HP: 15/15 | AC: 11/11/9 | F: +6 R: +5 W:+1 | Per: +6 | Init: +2

Gwyn hesitates as she visible trembles and tears begin to fall down her cheeks.

It's going to take more than that before she stops, Cerin has bought enough time for the others to respond.


CG Female Elf Ranger 4
Stats:
hp 34 | AC 17 (touch 13; FF 14) | Init +3| Per +10 | Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +3 (+2 vs. enchantment)

"Gwyn... killing her is what Nualia would do. Be better than that."


Female Human Oracle (life) 4 | AC 19, T 11, FF 18 | hp 8/31 | CMD 16 | F +4, R +3, W +4 | Init +2| Perc +4 | low-light vision, darkvision 30 ft | Channel Positive Energy 3/5 | 1st-level spells 6/7 | 2nd-level spells 1/4

"Gwyn," Helana says softly, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. "You're better than this." Letting her spear fall to the ground, she reaches for the shortsword, gently pulling it back.


HP: 16/16 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: 0 R: +6 W:+4 (+6 vs. Enchantments) | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, 1st: 5/5 Wand of Silent Image: 14 | Per: +10 (+2 if Fluff is within arm's reach, +1 vs. traps) | Init: +3 Female Elf Rogue 1/Arcanist 3
Fluff:
HP: -4/8 | AC: 17/16/15 | F: 0 R: +5 W:+5 | Per: +11 | Init: +2
Imp. Rex:
HP: 15/15 | AC: 11/11/9 | F: +6 R: +5 W:+1 | Per: +6 | Init: +2

Gwyn doesn't resist as Helena pulls the sword from her grasp. Her shoulders and ears droop as she is pulled back to her feet. She looks at her friend, and tears begin to stream down her face as she buries her head into Helena's shoulder and begins to cry.

"She killed her," she weeps, "she killed Fluff!"


Your humble narrator

There is some motion in Helena's scarves, and the head of a songbird weakly works its way out.

The bird tweets, "As Ailson Kindler once said, 'Rumors of my death are slightly exaggerated.'" The bird pauses and cocks her head aside to look squarely at Gwyn. "But it's nice to know you care!"


HP: 16/16 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: 0 R: +6 W:+4 (+6 vs. Enchantments) | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, 1st: 5/5 Wand of Silent Image: 14 | Per: +10 (+2 if Fluff is within arm's reach, +1 vs. traps) | Init: +3 Female Elf Rogue 1/Arcanist 3
Fluff:
HP: -4/8 | AC: 17/16/15 | F: 0 R: +5 W:+5 | Per: +11 | Init: +2
Imp. Rex:
HP: 15/15 | AC: 11/11/9 | F: +6 R: +5 W:+1 | Per: +6 | Init: +2

"Fluff!"

Gwyn's face splits into a smile as she scoops the little thrush up and holds her close.

"I'm glad you're okay," she whispers to Fluff.


CG Female Elf Ranger 4
Stats:
hp 34 | AC 17 (touch 13; FF 14) | Init +3| Per +10 | Fort +7; Ref +8; Will +3 (+2 vs. enchantment)

Shalelu smiles at the reunion of Gwyn and her familiar, then straps her bow across her back. Without a word, she takes out a length of rope and kneels beside the unconscious Nualia. Gently, so as not to wake her, the ranger ties Nualia's hands securely behind her back, and also ties a length of rope between her ankles so that she can't take a stride of more than a foot-and-a-half. Finally, she stuffs a cloth in Nualia's mouth and ties a length of rope across her mouth around the back of her head, making what seems to be a very effective gag.


Your humble narrator

Shalelu slides Nualia's sword across the floor, then removes two daggers from Nualia's belt and another from her boot. She also takes the silver symbol of Lamashtu from around Nualia's neck.

At this, Nualia begins to stir from her magical slumber.

What do you do?


HP 27/44 | AC 22 | T 12 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Sense Motive +0

"I think this is a mistake," Orik says, having picked up his own sword in the meantime. "She would have killed us all. We'd be doing the world a damn favor ending her. But, hey, not my call."


HP: 16/16 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: 0 R: +6 W:+4 (+6 vs. Enchantments) | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, 1st: 5/5 Wand of Silent Image: 14 | Per: +10 (+2 if Fluff is within arm's reach, +1 vs. traps) | Init: +3 Female Elf Rogue 1/Arcanist 3
Fluff:
HP: -4/8 | AC: 17/16/15 | F: 0 R: +5 W:+5 | Per: +11 | Init: +2
Imp. Rex:
HP: 15/15 | AC: 11/11/9 | F: +6 R: +5 W:+1 | Per: +6 | Init: +2

"Orik, I don't think it matters. Let the sheriff take care of her. Cerin and I are gonna need some help getting out of here," Gwyn says weakly, suddenly aware of how badly hurt she is.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar (of gnomish stock) Druid 5 , Init: +1, Perception +12 w/60 ft Darkvision, HP: 38/38, F:+5, R:+2, W:+8, AC/T/FF: 18/13/16, CMD: 15, Stormburst 7/7

"It's all right, I can help." Cerin says with a gentle smile. He touches her lightly on the forehead with a prayer to Gozreh. He asks the god of wind and waves for some healing for himself before pulling out his wand and looking everyone over. "It looks like almost everyone took quite a beating!"

Cure Light Wounds (Gwyn): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Cure Light Wounds (Cerin): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Wand: Cure (Helena): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wand: Cure (Helena): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Wand: Cure (Kyrian): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand: Cure (Orik): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wand: Cure (Orik): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Your humble narrator

PC hit points updated in the header.

So... are you planning to continue to explore the dungeons of Thistletop, or are you going to take your prisoner back to Sandpoint? Also... nobody has as yet started looking through Nualia's or Tsuto's possessions, or sorted through the other stuff in this room...


Male Half Elf Rogue (Investigator) 3 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 16/12/14 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +5 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception: +9 | Character Sheet

Sorry, thought I had posted. Probably wouldn't have made a difference anyways in combat lol.

Sheathing his blade and retrieving his bow, Kyrian starts to slowly walk around, trying to gather himself as well as see if he can find anything of importance in the room that may help the group piece together any lost ends in their conflict.

"Aight guys, just make sure she's tied tight and unable to cast. I'd love to kill her after everything, but I would imagine that there's a whole town who'd like to see the justice done themselves. Besides, if we find anything else in here, we may need her alive anyways to piece it together. The whole situation still seems sketchy to me..."

Perception check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Human (last I checked) Techie 2 / Bureaucrat 5

Kyrian takes a few moments to look around the room. First off, he notices the pressure plates on the stairs up the dais that activate the trapped statues... he's pretty sure the trigger and the swinging of the blade is mechanical, but whatever is powering it is probably some kind of magic.

On the floor of the dais is a mosaic of copper-colored tiles that forms the shape of an odd, stylized, seven-pointed star within a circle.

Looking through the bric-a-brac scattered on the tables and shelves, he notices a couple of books that are open to images of demons... particularly one that looks like a huge wolf-creature. The writing of both of these books is in a language he doesn't know how to read.

In addition, you find extensive notes in several journals, all written in the same neat handwriting. A cursory glance indicates that some notes have to do with planning the attack on Sandpoint, some are screeds against how poorly she'd been treated, some are prayers to the Mother of Monsters, and some notes are about freeing an imprisoned demon. It will likely take the whole group several hours to sort through all of the notes.

Additionally, there's a lot of weird and disturbing items that Nualia may have found interesting and collected. None seem particularly valuable... some

Taking a liberty here to move things along...

Her fury subsided with her reunion with a very-much-alive Fluff, Gwyn casts detect magic and scans the room.

The fountain bubbling on the dais radiates strong Divination magic.

A paperweight that appears to be a preserved eagle's claw also has a magical Transmutation aura.

On Nualia herself, her armor and bastard sword are magical, as is her belt. The contents of a small crystal phial in her satchel is magical, as is an amulet she's wearing around her neck. The amulet is a simple silver disk inscribed with the same seven-pointed star symbol that's on the floor of the dais.

Tsuto's body is also still wearing some items that are magical: his boots, a set of finely-crafted leather bracers, a potion, and 12 of the arrows in his quiver.

You also find that Nualia and Tsuto have some mundane valuables...

Nualia has:
a masterwork composite longbow (+3 Strength)
2 masterwork kukris
gold holy symbol of Lamashtu
20 platinum nobles
35 gold ducats
a vial of antitoxin

Tsuto has:
a masterwork composite shortbow (+1 Strength)
a set of concealable thieves' tools
a bag of marbles
a bag of caltrops
two daggers
A gold ear stud set with a green gem
5 platinum nobles
75 gold ducats
30 silver shillings

I will update the Loot List later today, as I'm running out of free time right now.

What do you do?

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar (of gnomish stock) Druid 5 , Init: +1, Perception +12 w/60 ft Darkvision, HP: 38/38, F:+5, R:+2, W:+8, AC/T/FF: 18/13/16, CMD: 15, Stormburst 7/7

"That letter mentioning her trying to release a demon worries me. Maybe we should take a look around and make sure she hasn't weakened any wards or set any plans in motion? I would hate to head back to Sandpoint only to find out something nasty had been loosed on the world..."


HP: 16/16 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: 0 R: +6 W:+4 (+6 vs. Enchantments) | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, 1st: 5/5 Wand of Silent Image: 14 | Per: +10 (+2 if Fluff is within arm's reach, +1 vs. traps) | Init: +3 Female Elf Rogue 1/Arcanist 3
Fluff:
HP: -4/8 | AC: 17/16/15 | F: 0 R: +5 W:+5 | Per: +11 | Init: +2
Imp. Rex:
HP: 15/15 | AC: 11/11/9 | F: +6 R: +5 W:+1 | Per: +6 | Init: +2

No worries.

"I can take a look, but I hope we don't have to fight it today. I'm down to a few sparks of fire and fiends tend to shrug that off."

Both Gwyn and Fluff are in rough shape. the discovery of magic goodies doesn't elicit much from the elf and Fluff is positively mute compared to her normal self.


HP 27/44 | AC 22 | T 12 | FF 20 | CMD 17 | Fort +6 | Ref +3 | Will +1 | Init +1 | Perception +0 | Sense Motive +0

"Hey, if it's in demon jail, then it can stay there for all I care," Orik says. "If she'd freed it, why didn't she sic it on us? If you want to check things out real quick, then fine, but we can't have another battle like this. Gwyn and the squab - FLUFF, fine, sorry, stop giving me that look, Fluff - nearly died, Helena looks like she's spent, and Cerin? You took a Hell of a beating. Shalelu, Kyrian and I are about as healthy as we're going to be, so if we're checking out the rest of this area, then we should probably lead, but I have no interest in dying here. We beat feet the minute things get bad."


Your humble narrator

As you discuss your next course of action, Nualia's eyes snap open, and she struggles at her bonds. Her eyes dart among you with a look of fear and hatred. She makes a muffled attempt at speech for a moment, then falls silent.

So... What are your plans folks? As I see things, you have a bunch of options... You recall that there are prisoner cells upstairs, and you could lock up Nualia in a cell for now... You could take a couple of hours to sort through all of the documents in this room... You could immediately frog-march Nualia back to Sandpoint... You could continue to explore the dungeon... Or, you could do something else entirely...

What do you do?


HP: 16/16 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: 0 R: +6 W:+4 (+6 vs. Enchantments) | Arcane Reservoir: 4/6, 1st: 5/5 Wand of Silent Image: 14 | Per: +10 (+2 if Fluff is within arm's reach, +1 vs. traps) | Init: +3 Female Elf Rogue 1/Arcanist 3
Fluff:
HP: -4/8 | AC: 17/16/15 | F: 0 R: +5 W:+5 | Per: +11 | Init: +2
Imp. Rex:
HP: 15/15 | AC: 11/11/9 | F: +6 R: +5 W:+1 | Per: +6 | Init: +2

Actually, reading through Nualia's notes wouldn't be a bad idea. Hopefully they'll tell us how close she was to freeing this demon.

2,651 to 2,700 of 2,776 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Haladir's Rise of the Runelords: Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.