Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GMG's PbP: Solstice Scar (Standard 3-4)

Game Master Magabeus

Map


1 to 50 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Claim to Salvation | Shackles | Solstice Scar

Once the game appears in your campaign list, please delete your post, (and check that it is actually deleted) so that it doesn't clutter the thread.

Actual gameplay is expected to start on August 25th


Claim to Salvation | Shackles | Solstice Scar

The fourth and final day of training has come to a close at the Grand Lodge of Absalom, heralding the end of this year's Torchbearing. Pathfinders the world over attend this annual symposium to share their knowledge, teach each other new skills, and reinforce their connections across the Inner Sea and beyond. To celebrate the end of festivities, the lodge has hosted a grand banquet in the visiting agents' honor. A refreshing winter breeze blows through an open window, flickering torches and sending papers scattering. The smell of freshly baked desserts fills the air while initiates clear away the remnants of the first course.

During the annual Torchbearing, the Three Masters, along with other notable Pathfinders, taught a variety of seminars and panel discussions, from Golarion’s history to spellcasting techniques, and ran obstacle courses and a triathlon. Rumor has it, Janira Gavix offered an unauthorized but popular filking class for aspiring bards and other social misfits under 30--inches, not years. You also heard some salacious gossip about an exclusive, late-night VIP experience Zarta Dralneen arranged for some her favorites. According to one hungover Pathfinder who claimed to have been there, a disgruntled Drandle Dreng was turned away at the door.

Speaking of the imp, ever the social butterfly and self-appointed mentor-to-the-masses, the halfling bard Janira Gavix approaches your small group. “Hi, friends. It’s been awhile since last we met. Have you enjoyed the Torchbearing? I volunteered to organize all the classes again this year. Kreighton Shaine always said I should have been a teacher. Did you learn anything useful?”

Janira looks over her shoulder as she catches sight of another group of Pathfinders refilling their tankards at the grog bowl. “Oh, those are some more students of mine!” She bounces on her toes as she waves at the group and they wave back. “Excuse me? I’ll need to check in with them too!” Pleased that you appreciated her pedagogical efforts, she excuses herself with a smile and moves on.

Each of you should choose one skill. For the duration of this adventure, you will either treat it as a class skill or gain a +1 bonus on checks with that skill if it was already a class skill. Give us all a description of the class you took and who taught it

Silver Crusade

Elderly Boxer 3 | AC23 T18 FF18 CMD23 | HP 28 | F +3 R +7 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +8

If I understand that right, treating something as a class skill would only really matter if you had 1 rank in a non-class skill, and without any candidates for those, I'd rather pick something fun than toss a +1 rider onto an existing skill..

Weathered and nearing seventy years - an impressive feat for a human in Golarion, Gill takes off his hat and rubs his head like a man trying to polish a boot.

"Ehhh, my head hurts after all that nonsense. Why I gotta pick a risk level for my coppers and pick from what were those things called? Investment categories...?"

Gill adopts a mock fighting pose while stifling a rattling cough.

"I ain't got time for no investments to, what'd they say again? Mature?"

Gill throws a couple shadow punches.

"I'll show 'em mature! Right here unda' the chin!"

He shrugs.

"'sides if I go out, it's gonna be fightin' not sippin' sweet tea under some Qadiran date tree!"

Gill took a class on investing a portion of the proceeds from his Society earnings for retirement purposes. Appraise as the skill?

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 3.1 | Init +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | HP L 5; N 3 / 30 | AC 21; T 13; FF 18 | CMB +2 | CMD +15 | Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 1/7

The half-orc in the group gives Janira a brief wave as she moves on to other students, then measures Gilloro with his eyes.

"You look pretty lively for an old man." Realising what he just said, he stutters and attempts to remedy the situation. "I mean fairly vital for a man of your age.", he raises his arms with open palms in an apologetic posture and his eyelids seem to have a race to the top of his forehead.

"I apologise. I am not a man of words.", he takes a few seconds to reconsider his next sentence. "I want to applaud your stamina and drive, that is all."

"Mind if I ask whether you have been eating any special herbs during your lifetime? I've been recently told some plants can preserve the body if ingested frequently. Some red berries, perhaps?"

As a herbalist, Malik would likely be interested in a lecture on the local or otherwise interesting flora. Is Knowledge Nature available? No idea who would give the lecture, though. He works for an alchemist in Absalom so that's who could be the speaker, I suppose.

Liberty's Edge

Male Kitsune Bard 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17/13/14 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +6, W +4 (+4 vs performance, sonic, language-dependent) | Init +5 | Perc +6 | BP 9/11

A stocky kitsune with a banner strapped to his back gives a start when he sees Janira. One side of the pennant bears the Glyph of the Open Road, the other sports the Master's Rebus. "Janira! Good to see you...about. We've been learning quite a lot across a field of topics..." He looks a bit glad when the halfling excuses herself. That nearly took a year off of my life! I suppose they saw fit to bring her back from the dead to continue teaching and Confirming. Shame they didn't do the same for the others.

"I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Draklor, but a preacher of the Master of Masters. This is all very fascinating, and it's great to meet you all, we Pathfinders always have such a variety." Draklor extends his hand for any who wish to shake it, continuing in a jaunty voice. "I was just at a class hosted by a friend I met at my Confirmation. A lot of it was about Aroden, his personal patron, but he discussed a few other older gods of the Inner Sea. Always good to study up on, I'm not actually from around here. Born and raised in Tian Xia, though I spent a while on the Isle of Jalmeray."

I don't entirely see the point of the class skill option unless I already have ranks in such a skill, which I don't, so I'll go with Knowledge (religion). I think it could be taught by Uori the gillman, he can't be spending all of his time meditating in that cave.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

"Draklor, hmm," says an average human man in full plate armor, a sword and sunburst symbol of Iomedae etched into the breastplate. His helmet lay wedged beneath his right arm; his face is a mixture of Ulfen and Varisian features. He smiles wide. "Ah, yes. I remember hearing about your Confirmation. Terrible business. The Lady of Graves be merciful to your fallen comrades. I did not have the chance to meet them, but they seemed a good sort."

He utters a quiet benediction to the Inheritor.

He says to all the others assembled, "Apologies for not introducing myself, my name is Hamith Caid, knight of the Inheritor. I had been taking Master Farabellus's class on Seeing the Unseen. Now it seems we have a bit of free time. How goes your studies here."

I'll go with +1 Perception.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Elven Oracle (ancient lorekeeper) 3 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 (14 Fl) | F: +1, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Mūn had been chatting with another group of Pathfinders attending the symposium. It was a good one this year, he thinks. It only being his first, it was hard for him to compare, but he'd enjoyed it. Zarta's presentation about observation techniques was wild, he thought, attempting his new skills on his companions.

I mean, this is just a random group; I grabbed a drink after the closing remarks. Standing here and, what do I know about these people. They're Pathfinders. That's it, right? Otherwise, could be anybody.

He nods his head at an old man, rambling about bonds maturing or something. Looks ancient, but he's here, right? There's got to be skill behind all that. I bet he's swift on his feet, and way more capable in a fight than he lets on. Mūn nods at Gilloro, and offers a toast.

He turns his attention to a half-orc. Hmmm, half-breed, you never know with that type, he thinks, before turning his mind truly to the task. Troubled over how his words might be interpreted. Hmmm, seems to be an herbalist. Knows Janira, apparently; maybe he's visited that cave she likes so much?" He gives a brief bow towards Janira himself, before the halfling moves on to another group, and gives a wink to Malik, wondering if the half-orc can see that Mūn has been to the same cave.

Ahh, a kitsune. Well, there's being a half-breed... and then there's being a new breed altogether, that happens to be half. Hmmm, he seems to know Janira as well; does she take all Pathfinders out for their Confirmation? That can't be, but still.... The kitsune's introduction breaks Mūn's internal reverie, and he introduces himself.

"Ahh, Draklor. A good name. I am Mūn, of Kyonin. It's good to meet you. You'll forgive my companion, Selûne, here. She's a good bear; she's been relatively well behaved since I took her under my wing." The bear he indicates has been--truly as advertised--remarkably well behaved; almost unnoticed until she, in a single motion, snaps her jaws at and eats an entire tray of canapes being walked around by one of the Pathfinder adherents servicing the soiree this night.

He turns his attention to what can only be a paladin of Iomedae. I swear it, if they're wearing that lighted sword, they're on a noble crusade. "Yes, yes. The name is Mūn; yes, with the long "uuuuu" sound," he says to the Iomedean. "Hamith! Interesting. Master Farabellus, you say? That sounds like an interesting presentation entirely."

"I spent my time at one of Zarta Draleen's presentations, myself," he offers, unsure if anybody listening is even interested. "I'm in the Silver Crusade; I don't mind to tell you that. I wasn't sure if Zarta would be able to teach much that could be relevant to me, but, you'd be surprised! I might have learned more from her than I have at any of these Pathfinder symposiums."
_______________
Taking Perception as my skill. It's already a class skill, so +1 Perception for me.

Liberty's Edge

Male Kitsune Bard 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17/13/14 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +6, W +4 (+4 vs performance, sonic, language-dependent) | Init +5 | Perc +6 | BP 9/11

Draklor grins in recognition of Hamith's introduction, but it falls quickly nonetheless at mention of his Confirmation. "Yes, we can only hope they are faring well on the other side of the Boneyard. I have been on several assignments since, but it is still difficult to think about. One of a few solaces is the fact that we stick together as Pathfinders, especially in such situations."

"That class was certainly tempting me, Hamith," the kitsune continues, trying his best to steer away from the current topic. "But I can never resist a tidbit of information. You never know what'll come in handy in this line of work." When he takes notice of the elf and his bear, his eyebrows jump momentarily, but a second later he bursts out laughing. "I can never get over the varied company we keep! Beasts and strange creatures beyond our plane wherever I look. She seems plenty nice, I hope we'll all be friends. Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mūn." Draklor then snags a small mug of...something from a passing platter and quaffs it. "This is going to be fun! Does anyone know what's actually to happen tonight? I assume not, but I suppose there'll be food and some entertainment."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 3.1 | Init +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | HP L 5; N 3 / 30 | AC 21; T 13; FF 18 | CMB +2 | CMD +15 | Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 1/7

Malik remains silent when people speak of fallen comrades, perhaps to honor the dead, perhaps he just doesn't know a way to contribute, perhaps to leave the past be the past. Whatever it may be, he catches on when the topic is changed.

"No idea what's happening today, but it's bound to be exciting. The last time I saw a gathering this large, we traveled back in time to the beginning of the Age of Darkness. It was quite an adventure."

Grand Lodge

hp 34/34; AC 20/18/14 (AC 14/16, t12/14, ff10); F 5, R 3, W 4; bab 3 +6 melee +5 range; cmb 6 cmd 18; init +4; ap 3/3; wih 42; wmm 47; folio reroll 1/1 | tengu magus (bladebound, kensai)/4 | -12
skills:
craft weapons 7, fly 9, kn arcane 9 kn dung 6, kn planes 6, perc 10/12, spellcraft 9+1*, stealth 4, umd 4

The tengu magus, covered in shimmering blue-black feathers, wears clothing made of white dragon hide, styled to look a bit like armor, but on close inspection is too thin and light to truly be protective. His beak is covered with blue-tinged tattoos from the northern Snowmask tribe that barely show against the black of his beak and disappear up under the feathers of his head. By his side, he waars a katana with a black hilt wrapped in red silk.

Tchak is pleased to meet Janira, who he's heard so much about, but never run into before. "Happy to make your acquaintances... I've been running about and haven't had much time lately for even a short breather. This little festival was just what I needed."

He took a class in the intracicies of various spells and spellcasting. +1 to spellcraft

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

@Table GMs: If you haven't already, please run "Beginning Part 1" on page 7 of the scenario, and then wait for the next announcement before continuing.

@Players: Please have fun, and remember to explore, report and cooperate at all times.


Claim to Salvation | Shackles | Solstice Scar

Later that day during dinner:
As the Pathfinders conclude the dessert course, a small origami swan flutters through the room and lands on the center of the table. In moments, it unfolds itself into a crisp and crease-less piece of paper. see map

You know all of the information about the Blakros family whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (nobility) check.

DC 10+:
The Blakros are one of the wealthiest and most well-known merchant families from Taldor. They own a variety of businesses with interests all over the Inner Sea.

DC 15+:
For years, the Pathfinder Society and the Blakros family have been allies, even if only at arm’s length. Occasionally the family invites notable Pathfinders to one of its high-society affairs.

DC 20+:
The Blakros family has been involved with some shady organizations during its rise to power, including the Onyx Alliance and House Thrune.

You know all of the information about the Blakros museum whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (local) check.

DC 10+:
The Blakros Museum is located in the Wise District, owned by the Blakros family, and curated by Nigel Aldain (a former Pathfinder). It is open to the public when an exhibit is on display. Though the exterior of the building is ugly and squat, patrons marvel at how much bigger it is on the inside.

DC 15+:
The museum has been closed for the past several months, ramping up for a huge exhibit, “Legacy of the Shining Crusade,” opening next week.

DC 20+:
Rumors suggest that shadow magic makes the inside of the museum larger. A few years ago the inside changed drastically, which drew the curiosity of many in Absalom.

DC 25+:
Ralzeros the Overwatched was a powerful wizard who owned the building before the Blakros Family. Evidence suggests he cursed the building on his death. The number of accidents and strange events that occur there would seem to support that rumor.

You know all of the information about Nigel Aldain whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (local) check.

DC 10+:
Though the relationship between the Society and Nigel is often strained, they remain steadfast allies. Nigel often collaborates with the Society, loaning artifacts and trading information. He has obsessively researched the Shining Crusade for the past several months.

DC 15+:
Nigel is a former Pathfinder who resigned after marrying Dhrami Blakros; the position of curator was part of his marriage contract.

DC 20+:
Nigel’s museum has suffered many mishaps since he became curator, which the Society has regularly helped clean up. Nigel still tries to distance himself from the Society and act independently, but when trouble befalls the museum, he often turns to the Society for help.

DC 25+:
Recently, Nigel has spent a fortune in security for the museum, particularly in magical protections from the Arcanamirium and Golemworks in Magnimar.

Grand Lodge

hp 34/34; AC 20/18/14 (AC 14/16, t12/14, ff10); F 5, R 3, W 4; bab 3 +6 melee +5 range; cmb 6 cmd 18; init +4; ap 3/3; wih 42; wmm 47; folio reroll 1/1 | tengu magus (bladebound, kensai)/4 | -12
skills:
craft weapons 7, fly 9, kn arcane 9 kn dung 6, kn planes 6, perc 10/12, spellcraft 9+1*, stealth 4, umd 4

Blakrose family? I don't think I've heard of them or this Museum. What's so special about them and wouldn't trouble at a museum be better addressed by their curator or their own guards? I mean what kind of trouble could there even be at a museum that would involve the Society?"

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 3.1 | Init +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | HP L 5; N 3 / 30 | AC 21; T 13; FF 18 | CMB +2 | CMD +15 | Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 1/7

Malik reads the note and seems deep in thought observing the paper.

"I have no idea who are these Blackros, or Aldain... But the way that message was delivered was fascinating."

Silver Crusade

Elderly Boxer 3 | AC23 T18 FF18 CMD23 | HP 28 | F +3 R +7 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Gill scratches his head as he glances at the map.

"Fancy swan, eh? Once knew a fighter who used a duck for his calling card. Called himself the Ugly Duck. And he was.."

Gill shrugs.

"Don't know nothin' about this place though. All my time was in the ring.."

He coughs.

"Twenty, thirty years ago."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 3.1 | Init +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | HP L 5; N 3 / 30 | AC 21; T 13; FF 18 | CMB +2 | CMD +15 | Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 1/7

"You mean-", Malik lets out a short laughter and covers his mouth before finishing the thought, but manages to continue.

"You mean he painted his name and address on white ducks and let them run around? That sounds hilarious. Does he still do it?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Kitsune Bard 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17/13/14 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +6, W +4 (+4 vs performance, sonic, language-dependent) | Init +5 | Perc +6 | BP 9/11

I'm going to take 10 on all of these for 17.

Draklor wracks his brains for anything he remembers regarding the topic, coming up with a fair amount. All the while he tries to keep the thoughts of roasted duck from his head. "The Blakros are influential Taldan businesspeople. We collaborate from time to time, have an informal alliance from which we get artifacts and knowledge and they have us put down their murderous exhibits."

"I know where it is, I can guide us there. They've been closed for some time, building up some exhibit about the Shining Crusade. Old Nigel's been researching just that for some months now. He's the curator, used to be a Pathfinder but he married into the Blakros family. Pretty high honor, that."

The kitsune scratches his head, then his hands fall to the whip and shield at his belt. "Had to be tonight, of all nights. Oh, well. We should probably get to Skyreach."

Silver Crusade

Male CG Elven Oracle (ancient lorekeeper) 3 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 (14 Fl) | F: +1, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Rolls:

Knowledge (nobility), untrained, Friend of Janira Gavix: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15
Knowledge (local), Friend of Janira Gavix: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12
Knowledge (local), Friend of Janira Gavix: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21

"Yeah, the Blakros family might be the most influential business family in the Inner Sea. Nigel became curator of the museum when he married Dhrami Blakros; it was part of the marriage contract, I hear. He tries to distance himself from us, but keeps calling on the Society for help when he gets in a bind. This isn't the first time we've had to clean up a mess at his museum, in fact."

Mūn stands, gathering his things. "I suppose we should go; I'll be particularly interested to see the exhibit on my faction. That could be quite interesting."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

Hamith says, "Well done Mun, Draklor. You seem to be very knowledgeable, which is always appreciated. Yes, let us go and discover what is to be done."

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

The front doors of Skyreach burst open with a loud crack. Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin strides to the edge of the platform, with a slender elf dressed in practical but expensive clothing trailing meekly behind. The red-faced venture-captain addresses the crowd in a booming voice.

“Pathfinders, I regret interrupting the festivities, but we have something of a situation. Approximately twenty minutes ago, unknown forces invaded the Blakros Museum. Fortunately for everyone involved, the Torchbearing is about cooperation and helping our colleagues, so let’s think of this less as an inconvenience and more as an opportunity to practice what we preach.”

The elf, Nigel, exhales sharply, then speaks, “Now, Ambrus, I’ve spent a king’s ransom fortifying the museum from all sorts of invaders: sentinels from the Golemworks, magical wards from the Arcanamirium, and even contracts for guard beasts, both magical and mundane—spared no expense. I didn’t want to come here, but I’ve got no choice.”

Valsin’s forced smile cracks slightly, showing his annoyance. “Out with it, Nigel. Get to the point.”

“Someone broke into my museum and set off the magical protections! I was preserving priceless Shining Crusade pieces for our new exhibit when the first alarm activated. I sent for district guards and went to investigate, but by the time I arrived, the thieves had already locked themselves in my study. They somehow caused the Shining Crusade relics to fly around the museum and attack my sentinels. Everything is going haywire! The magical traps started to target me, the sentinels are not responding to my commands, and—”

Valsin holds out a hand to steady the increasingly agitated elf. “The last you knew, the thieves were still in your study?” Nigel nods. “Very well. Pathfinders: the Seekers should prepare to teleport directly into the Blakros study—“

“That won’t work,” Nigel interrupts, “The study is magically sealed. After that dreadful Numerian exhibit, I turned it into a magical safe room. The robbers must have figured out how to activate it; no one can get in or out while the wards hold. I can work on breaking the wards, but meanwhile my sentinels are smashing up the collection. Some of those priceless relics are on loan from your own Society lodges, so helping me is really helping yourselves.”

“Fine.” Ambrus Valsin takes a deep breath and then turns to the assembled Pathfinders. “Pathfinders, go to the Blakros Museum, secure any relics you can, disable the security systems, and apprehend the looters if possible. Stay safe.”

@Table GMs: You may now run Part A on page 10 and Part B on page 14, in whatever order you choose. Please do not proceed to Part C yet.

Grand Lodge

hp 34/34; AC 20/18/14 (AC 14/16, t12/14, ff10); F 5, R 3, W 4; bab 3 +6 melee +5 range; cmb 6 cmd 18; init +4; ap 3/3; wih 42; wmm 47; folio reroll 1/1 | tengu magus (bladebound, kensai)/4 | -12
skills:
craft weapons 7, fly 9, kn arcane 9 kn dung 6, kn planes 6, perc 10/12, spellcraft 9+1*, stealth 4, umd 4

"sounds like a job for Pathfinders for sure... what kind of bird-brained security manager sets up defenders that can go out of control Just what ARE these sentinels exactly? and how do we deactivate them? What other security systems do we have to disable?"

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:9/13 ] AC: 16[13], T: 11[8], FF: 15[12], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Keen Large Falcata: +9, 2d6+9, 17-20x3) [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 17-20x3)]

Once the sceminars of over thoril just scratches his head.

"Head hurt. I not understand any of it."

Once the party gets the note. He scratches his head again.

I never hear these people,but help we help. He says as he darts off to go get his stuff.

After listening to the Valsin and Nigel speak. you see his mood cheer up real quick.

"Get to hurt bad man." he says with a smile

Liberty's Edge

Male Kitsune Bard 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17/13/14 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +6, W +4 (+4 vs performance, sonic, language-dependent) | Init +5 | Perc +6 | BP 9/11

"Never seen the museum on one of the off days when it ends up attacking whoever goes in, but it seems to happen a bit too often. There're probably some simple solution that elf is too proud to think of," Draklor mutters. "The attack seems simple enough: Traps going off, some animated objects, perhaps a few triggered artifacts if any of them possess latent powers. Good question, though, Wei; How do we take down the security measures?"


Claim to Salvation | Shackles | Solstice Scar

As you approach the museum, you see dozens of Wise District guards that surround the Blakros Museum. The sergeant nods to Ambrus Valsin as he approaches, a subtle smirk dancing across the venture-captain’s face. The museum itself is alight with swirling whorls of color and the sounds of metal and stone clashing. Occasionally, brief flashes of light burst from the front entrance, illuminating a toppled banner that says “Legacy of
the Shining Crusade.”

The sergeant of the Learned Guard is a broad shouldered Ulfen man. He provides you with an overview of the museum’s layout and identifies that there are animated relics, guard animals, and clockwork creatures skirmishing with each other within.

1d2 ⇒ 2
You enter the museum and turn to the right. Long shadows cast by ruined displays and broken furniture litter the floor. A humanoid-shaped figure made of shattered clockwork lies slumped over a bench. Above, an elaborately painted sign reads “Crusader’s Chronicles.” Three dogs growl as they see you approach...

Not entering initiative yet, but they seem to be hostile. Please describe what you do

Grand Lodge

hp 34/34; AC 20/18/14 (AC 14/16, t12/14, ff10); F 5, R 3, W 4; bab 3 +6 melee +5 range; cmb 6 cmd 18; init +4; ap 3/3; wih 42; wmm 47; folio reroll 1/1 | tengu magus (bladebound, kensai)/4 | -12
skills:
craft weapons 7, fly 9, kn arcane 9 kn dung 6, kn planes 6, perc 10/12, spellcraft 9+1*, stealth 4, umd 4

Wei tries to placate the dogs with an offer of food dug out of his pack, and few "It's okay, puppies, relax, we don't mean you any harm... I've got some nummies here if you are hungry." But sadly, he has no 'animal handling' skill, so the dogs seem unimpressed and uninterested in his entreaties. Unless someone else actually has the skill or a spell that might come in handy, Tchak keeps his free hand on the hilt of his sword.

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:9/13 ] AC: 16[13], T: 11[8], FF: 15[12], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Keen Large Falcata: +9, 2d6+9, 17-20x3) [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 17-20x3)]

Thoril uses a round of rage and draws his sword growing large then proceeds to growl back at the dogs

"Me bigger Gggrrraaawww"

intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

As he begins to growl, it turns to more of a scratchy voice and he begins to cough

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Kitsune Bard 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17/13/14 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +6, W +4 (+4 vs performance, sonic, language-dependent) | Init +5 | Perc +6 | BP 9/11

Draklor puts his hands at his sides in a nonthreatening manner, but doesn't let go of his shield. His mind races furiously...

I take it they are actual flesh-and-blood dogs? There isn't much I can do, but less so if they aren't alive.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

Hamith moves up ahead of the party and draws his greatsword in one smooth motion. He stands in glittering full plate and bears down on the dogs.

"Be gone creatures!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Silver Crusade

Male CG Elven Oracle (ancient lorekeeper) 3 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 (14 Fl) | F: +1, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Mun quickly pulls his longspear down, orienting it between himself and the dogs. "আমাকে রক্ষা করুন, সেলুন," he calmly commands Selûne.

Elven:

"Defend me, Selûne."

Actions:

Move: draw longspear
Free: Handle Selûne

Handle Animal, Defend: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 4 = 19


Female N Primal Companion Bear | HP: 14/19 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +4, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM +1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (+2 AC)

The bear moves forward just a few feet to have more room to act. She pulls back her lips, revealing her sharp and shiny ursine teeth.

Actions:

Move: 10'

Liberty's Edge

Male Kitsune Bard 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17/13/14 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +6, W +4 (+4 vs performance, sonic, language-dependent) | Init +5 | Perc +6 | BP 9/11

Draklor realizes and follows his comrades' course of action, drawing his whip and swirling it about threateningly. "Stay away, if you know what's good for you," he warns. "This isn't a fight you want to pick."

Intimidate Aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Silver Crusade

Elderly Boxer 3 | AC23 T18 FF18 CMD23 | HP 28 | F +3 R +7 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Gilloro squints and nods at the fighters recently assigned to stand shoulder-to-shoulder him through another romp at the Blakros Museum.

He puts up a pair of fists and begins moving them in a circular motion before barking himself.

"Ruff! That's right dogs, ye'll stay back if ye know what's good fer ya! A one-two right on the noggin'!"

In the midst of his intimidations, Gill offers a yew wand towards Wei.

"Any chance I could get yer help here? Does a real good job at keepin' me from gettin' bit!"

Mage armor wand.

Gill Status:

HP: 28/28

Ki remaining: 4/4
Stunning fist remaining: 3/3
Wand of mage armor remaining: 48/50

Grand Lodge

hp 34/34; AC 20/18/14 (AC 14/16, t12/14, ff10); F 5, R 3, W 4; bab 3 +6 melee +5 range; cmb 6 cmd 18; init +4; ap 3/3; wih 42; wmm 47; folio reroll 1/1 | tengu magus (bladebound, kensai)/4 | -12
skills:
craft weapons 7, fly 9, kn arcane 9 kn dung 6, kn planes 6, perc 10/12, spellcraft 9+1*, stealth 4, umd 4

Wei will reach out his free hand and take Gilloro's wand. "Not sure I'll even have time to use this on you... it's just a couple of dogs, but I'll take it and if there's time, I'll use it... and if you want me to just hang onto it for you and use it as necessary on you til we're done with this whole mishuga, I can do that too."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 3.1 | Init +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | HP L 5; N 3 / 30 | AC 21; T 13; FF 18 | CMB +2 | CMD +15 | Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 1/7

Malik meanders over silently, trying to anticipate the canine intentions.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Claim to Salvation | Shackles | Solstice Scar

These dogs have clearly been trained to attack intruders, and they see you as just that!

Initiative:

Arthac (companion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Mun of Ashava: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Selune (companion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Draklor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Malik: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Wei Tchak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Dog Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Dog Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Dog Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Arthac: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Dog Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Combat rolls:

Charging Dog attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Trip: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24

Dog attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Dog attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Confirmation rolls
Dog attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Dog attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The dogs all crouch low, put their ears flat and converge on Hamith. Two of them sink their teeth into his unarmored ankles!

Initiative
Draklor
Malik
Wei Tchak
Arthac
Mun of Ashava
Thoril
Hamith 23/38 hp
Selune - Defend order received

- - -
Dog red, charged
Dog green
Dog blue
- - -

Bold can act

Hamith and Thoril: since your initiative information was not included on the map page you are placed in the last initiative bucket

Grand Lodge

hp 34/34; AC 20/18/14 (AC 14/16, t12/14, ff10); F 5, R 3, W 4; bab 3 +6 melee +5 range; cmb 6 cmd 18; init +4; ap 3/3; wih 42; wmm 47; folio reroll 1/1 | tengu magus (bladebound, kensai)/4 | -12
skills:
craft weapons 7, fly 9, kn arcane 9 kn dung 6, kn planes 6, perc 10/12, spellcraft 9+1*, stealth 4, umd 4

Tchak draws his blade and touches Gilloro with the wand of mage armor.. assuming he's still with us - you didn't put him in the init order..

Liberty's Edge

Male Kitsune Bard 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17/13/14 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +6, W +4 (+4 vs performance, sonic, language-dependent) | Init +5 | Perc +6 | BP 9/11

"Three dead dogs later..." Draklor mutters wryly. He then begins to chant. "As per the Azvadeva Pujila, 'Irori feared no beast. In his time, they had better sense, were more wild but likewise knew better than to die on their hills. It was for that reason they parted before the Master of Masters, his power was evident. For those specimens less sensible, he was quick and stern, but in the end merciful.' Some have the ability to increase the power of others, but the final steps are up to you."

Inspire Courage, Round 1.

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:9/13 ] AC: 16[13], T: 11[8], FF: 15[12], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Keen Large Falcata: +9, 2d6+9, 17-20x3) [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 17-20x3)]

Thoril will move straight diagonal next tto the bear and attack the red one.

atk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

dmg: 3d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) + 12 = 17

thoril is currently large from his rage. I also didnt see anywhere that you want us to wait to post till our turn. Am i correct to post now or when should i have posted?


Claim to Salvation | Shackles | Solstice Scar

Thoril hits one dog and almost decapitates the dog with the red collar, but the collar saves the beast and the falcata probably needs to be sharpened again...

Initiative
Malik
Arthac
Mun of Ashava
Hamith 23/38 hp
Selune - Defend order received
Gill

- - -
Dog red, charged, -17 hp
Dog green
Dog blue
- - -
Draklor
Thoril
Wei Tchak

Bold can act

I resolve posts (if you can act) in posting order, so that was fine Thoril!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

Hamith recoils at the viciousness of the dogs and says, "So be it!"

He places a palm to his breastplate and lets the warmth of the Inheritor's favor flow through him, down into his wounds, knitting his muscle.

He then strikes out at the dog with the orange collar.

Mechanics:

Swift Action
Lay on Hands (su) (self)
Lay on Hands: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12

Standard
Attack orange!

Greatsword, power attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
DMG (slashing): 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 6) + 10 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male CG Elven Oracle (ancient lorekeeper) 3 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 (14 Fl) | F: +1, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Mūn steps up beside his bestial friend, and strikes at the red-collared dog, hoping to finish what Thoril started.

Actions:

Move: 20'
Standard: Attack red

Mwk Longspear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage, P: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Not able to take out the dog himself, he commands Selûne to go on the offensive: "সেলুন, কুকুরদের আক্রমণ করো"

Elven:

"Selune, attack the dogs!"

Free: Handle Animal
Handle Animal, Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 4 = 11


____________
Thoril, I made your token large and moved you based on your described action. Let me know if anything doesn't look right.


Female N Primal Companion Bear | HP: 14/19 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +4, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM +1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (+2 AC)

The bear's ears twitch when she hears Mūn's command. She jumps forward quickly, bearing down on the poor canine with everything she has. Selûne's jaws clamp down hard around the dog's neck as her claws slash at its torso.

Actions:

5' step
Full round: Full attack

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage, P: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Crit?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Crit Damage, P: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage, S: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage, S: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Selûne stands up on her rear feet and lets out a giant roar; blood, fur, and gore mat the fur around her mouth.

Silver Crusade

Elderly Boxer 3 | AC23 T18 FF18 CMD23 | HP 28 | F +3 R +7 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +8

Gill is apparently fairly quick on his feet for an elderly man as he springs ahead and closes with one of the mutts.

"Alright, you asked for it!"

Punch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Gill Status:

HP: 28/28

Ki remaining: 4/4
Stunning fist remaining: 3/3
Wand of mage armor remaining: 48/50

AC: 4 armor + 4 dex + 1 dodge + 1 nat + 3 Wis = AC23

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 3.1 | Init +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | HP L 5; N 3 / 30 | AC 21; T 13; FF 18 | CMB +2 | CMD +15 | Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 1/7

The half-orc steps up, water dripping from his palm. "Right. Time to wash the dogs."

(Not even sorry...)

Blast, Physical, Water, PBS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 102d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14

He lobs a ball of water at one of the mutts, but hits the floor behind it.

"Next time, I suppose."


Claim to Salvation | Shackles | Solstice Scar

Hamith and Mun miss their target, probably because they have qualms about striking the dogs that do not know better than to do what they are trained for. Selune has also received good training and shreds the red-collared dog to pieces.

Gil quickly moves forward, but almost slips on the blood covering the floor. Malik quickly takes care of that and washes it away with his ball of water.

The two dogs still try to savage Hamith, one tears out another big chunk of the just-healed paladin!

Combat:

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Initiative
Malik
Draklor
Thoril
Wei Tchak
Hamith 25/38 hp
Mun of Ashava
Selune
Gill

- - -
Dog orange
Dog blue
- - -

Bold can act

Liberty's Edge

male 44/44 [52/52 ]HP, [Rage:9/13 ] AC: 16[13], T: 11[8], FF: 15[12], CMD: 19[22], F: +6 , R: +3, W: -1, Init +2, Pereption +4, CN Male Nagaji Abyssal Bloodrager, +1 Keen Large Falcata: +9, 2d6+9, 17-20x3) [+1 Large Falcata +11 (3d6+14, 17-20x3)]

Thoril will move up and attack the blue 1.

atk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

dmg: 3d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 5, 5) + 12 = 26

Map works on computer not phone.


Claim to Salvation | Shackles | Solstice Scar

Thoril shows Selune that he needs no help in killing a dog.

Ok, I also have that if I do not use the google presentation app

Silver Crusade

Male CG Elven Oracle (ancient lorekeeper) 3 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 14 (14 Fl) | F: +1, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

The blue dog is still on the map; acting as if that dog is dead and no longer a threat, per the description.
______________
Mun moves around the remaining dog, trying to get a better angle so that he can help his allies.

Actions:

Double move: 30'


Female N Primal Companion Bear | HP: 14/19 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +4, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM +1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (+2 AC)

Selune mirrors Mun's movements, coming around the other Pathfinders to find room to attack the remaining dog. The bear bites down hard, snapping its jaws at the dog.

Actions:

Move: 10'
Standard: attack orange

Bite, flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13
Damage, P: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Claim to Salvation | Shackles | Solstice Scar

Mun moves around and Selune misses

removed Blue. Also: where to go after this encounter: towards stairs or examine the noise outside?

1 to 50 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's PbP: Solstice Scar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.