Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GMG's PbP: Master of the Fallen Fortress (Inactive)

Game Master Magabeus

Map


301 to 350 of 354 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Male Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)-1/Bard (Archaeologist) -1 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 / 12 T / 15 FF | CMD 13 | Panache 4/4 | Archaeologist's Luck +1 10/10 | Fort +4, Reflex +7, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

My first attempt at playing a Vigilante ended in the croc's embrace.


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Will DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Corona asks her divine allies for a boost to morale while Blaze puts his trust in his heavy metal shield. Gitano readies for the crocodile cuddle while Lyn sees her inaudable scream do a tiny bit of damage. Ashwell repeats the trick that worked so well against the skeleton. Her piece of carpet hits the stone throne hard.

The troglodyte stays behind the cover of the throne and calls for his crocodile to attack. Not being able to see Blaze behind the big metal shield it charges Mort but misses the stalwart fighter. While everybody is distracted by the charging crocodile the troglodyte starts to cast a spell...

DC17 Spellcraft:
Summon Swarm

Initiative
Inspire courage + Bless +2/+1
Within 30 feet of troglodyte: DC 13 Fort save or sickened
Ashwell
Corona
Balenar
Blaze
Gitano: -1 hp
Lyn
Mort: -1 hp

- - -
Tasskar: -1 hp
Snapjaw
- - -

Dark Archive

LN Elf Dwarf Witch 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (10 FF, 12 TCH) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1 / R: +4 / W: +4 | Init: +2 | Speed 30 | Conditions: None

Hey GMG, I think it's actually a Fort Save he needs.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

Mort watches the jaws snap up against his breastplate, leaving a small scratch and a bit of slobber. He looks down on the beast with disdain just as the waft of his master slams into his nostrils. Fort vs Stank: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 "I'll be dealing with you stanky lizardman right after I put this croc on Mindy!"

Mort watches the movements of the white lizard carefully as he lines up his blade with its head, ready to make those boots he's always wanted. Study Target, move action He rears back and swings Mindy down with a mighty slash aiming to free the beast from its toothy snarl.

Great Sword + Power Attack + Study + Bless + Inspire - Sickened: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 62d6 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 19

Mort stumbles a bit and Mindy clangs off the stone floor, sparks flying. "S!@@!" Mort howls as he takes a step to the south to aid his teammates in surrounding the croc.

The Exchange

M Ifrit Fighter 1 [HP: 12/12, AC: 21/11/20, F+3, R+1, W+0, Perc +1, Speed 20ft, fire resist 5, Darkvision 30ft, Init +3]

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Blaze steps 5 feet into flank with Mort.
Placing his shield between himself and the crocodile, he makes a swing at it with his axe.

"I like animals, but this one is better suited as a shop's inventory."
Axe, flank, inspire, bless: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 16Dmg, inspire: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger
Linria 'Lyn' Korudorn wrote:
Hey GMG, I think it's actually a Fort Save he needs.

Thanks, that one is better so he still makes it ;-)

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Male Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)-1/Bard (Archaeologist) -1 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 / 12 T / 15 FF | CMD 13 | Panache 4/4 | Archaeologist's Luck +1 10/10 | Fort +4, Reflex +7, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Gitano draws a breath, catching wisps of the now familiar parfum de troglodyte.
Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

He chokes down a mouthful of Corona's half-digested shortbread and throws caution to wind, charging the troglodyte, hoping to disrupt his spellcasting.

At the end of his charge, he thrusts his rapier from the shoulder, blade parallel to the ground, "Carica! Tondo dalla Spalla!"

Attack vs Tasskar with Charge/Bless/Inspire Courage/Sickened: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 131d6 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 - 2 = 4

As a result of the charge, Gitano suffers a -2 penalty to AC until his next turn.

If Tasskar or Snapjaw attack Gitano...

Opportune Parry and Riposte:

Spend 1 panache point and expend 1 AoO to:
Parry: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 13
If Parry, then immediate action to Riposte: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 91d6 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 - 2 = 6

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 17/17 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +1, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l L1: 5/5 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Intimidate +9, Kn. History/Religion +5, Kn. Planes +8, Profession: Baker +7, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 2 | Active Conditions:

Spellcraft (DC 17): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"Nononono, don't let him cast!" Corona gasps, eyes wide as she recognizes the spell that the troglodyte is attempting to cast. "It'll summon a swarm of bugs! BUGS!"

Determined to try and stop the madness, Corona hurries forward to try and get a better view of the creature cowering behind the throne...

Fort (DC 13): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

...and isn't even fazed by the troglodyte's epic stench, so worried is she about the possibility of bugs. "Hey you! Hold it right there!" she cries as she points at the trog in a rather dramatic fashion.
_________

Corona moves to her current position and casts Command on the trog to try and halt his casting. DC 14 Will save!

Dark Archive

LN Elf Dwarf Witch 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (10 FF, 12 TCH) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1 / R: +4 / W: +4 | Init: +2 | Speed 30 | Conditions: None

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Linria shudders as a wave of nausea causes her stomach to contract violently. "Uggghh... First lizards, now bugs? Let's hope they're not stink bugs. We have to stop him before they appear!" She tries to focus on Tasskar just as Corona does, glaring at him with her emerald eyes while she weaves her spell. "You. Sleep. Sleeeeep," she says with a creepy echo in her voice.

Slumber Hex on Tasskar, DC 15 Will. If Corona's spell succeeds, I would instead like to Slumber Hex Snapjaw.


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Will DC14 vs Corona: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Will DC15 vs Lyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

The troglodyte continues his casting, even though Corona makes a convincing call to stop. Blaze almost butchers the crocodile before intersecting his shield between himself and the crocodile. Gitano charges the troglodyte and misses. The troglodyte continues to cast, not deterred by Lyn's glowing eyes.

Initiative
Inspire courage + Bless +2/+1
Within 30 feet of troglodyte: DC 13 Fort save or sickened
Ashwell
Balenar

- - -
Tasskar: -1 hp
Snapjaw: -12 hp, -2 AC
- - -
Blaze (saved vs stink)
Corona (saved vs stink)
Gitano: -1 hp, sickened, parry 13 then riposte 9 for 6, -2 AC
Lyn, sickened
Mort: -1 hp

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

Ash moves forward 10' and tries to crush the king trog 's mind with his own, reaching out and squeezing as hard as he could. He had to stop that spell.

Mind thrust I damage 1d6 ⇒ 2

Fort save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

DC 15 Will for half. Using a point from my pool to increase the D.C. By one. Would someone move me 10' closer? Thanks.

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Male Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)-1/Bard (Archaeologist) -1 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 / 12 T / 15 FF | CMD 13 | Panache 4/4 | Archaeologist's Luck +1 10/10 | Fort +4, Reflex +7, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Moved you just south of Mort. Will that work?

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

Thanks Gitano....thats perfect.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Male Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)-1/Bard (Archaeologist) -1 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 / 12 T / 15 FF | CMD 13 | Panache 4/4 | Archaeologist's Luck +1 10/10 | Fort +4, Reflex +7, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Hard to work the occasional re-roll into PbP, I gather. I could put on my Pathfinder T-shirt with my pajamas as I lie here on my pillow typing...


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Gitano, I am fine with allowing a folio or shirt reroll. No need to send me a picture of you in your pajamas and shirt

Dice:
Will DC15 vs Ashwell: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Concentration DC 14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Balenar Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Swarm vs Blaze
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fort vs Poison: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
STR damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Fort vs Distraction: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Swarm vs Lyn
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Fort vs Poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
STR damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Fort vs Distraction: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Crocodile vs Mort
Tail slap: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Grab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Ashwell casts her spell and for a moment the troglodyte falters in pronouncing his magic words. After a second passes he manages to regain his composure and continues casting. Balenar casts a spell on the troglodyte but it does not seem to have any effect.

[spoiler=Spellcraft DC15]Daze, he has either saved or he has more than 4 hit dice

The troglodyte finishes casting and a swarm of thousands of spiders appears over Blaze and Lyn! He then steps back from Gitano and summons a 3-foot-long, blazing beam of red-hot fire that springs forth from one claw. It is slightly curved like a scimitar and radiates heat. He also screams something at the crocodile.

Spellcraft DC17:
Flame blade

The crocodile attacks Mort. It opens with a tail slap that is easily dodged and then spins around to bite at Mort. The pathfinder did not see the bite coming and it hits down hard on Mort's leg and does not let go.

Initiative
Inspire courage + Bless +2/+1
Ashwell: sickened
Blaze: nauseated (single move action only, no free and or swift actions either), 10/12 hp, 2 STR damage, Fort DC11 or 1d2 STR damage
Balenar
Corona
Gitano: sickened, 11/12 hp
Lyn: sickened, 5/8 hp, 2 STR damage, Fort DC11 or 1d2 STR damage
Mort: sickened, 5/11 hp, grappled

- - -
Tasskar: -3 hp
Snapjaw: -12 hp, grappling Mort.
Spider Swarm
- - -

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

Mort watches those teeth sink into his leg and he struggles to pull it out "Its got my leg! Sonova b$+&* got my leg!" Finding Mindy a bit too unweildy in this situation Mort drops her sending the echo of clanging metal ringing through the room.

While he tries to fend off the jaws with his left hand he draws out his warhammer with his right and swings it down at the beasts head.

1h Warhammer + Flank + Bless + Inspire + Study - Grappled - Sickened: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 171d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 7

Dark Archive

LN Elf Dwarf Witch 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (10 FF, 12 TCH) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1 / R: +4 / W: +4 | Init: +2 | Speed 30 | Conditions: None

Might not be a bad idea for Gitano to delay until my Slumber goes off, just in case it works

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Lyn watches as her stick thin arms become even thinner, her strength being sapped from her. She nearly drops her crossbow as she feels incredibly weakened. "Blaze, get out of there!" She tiptoes away from the swarm and again points at Tasskar, trying to put him to bed. "Heretic druid, today you die!"

Luckily swarms do not get AoOs. I'm using Slumber Hex again on Tasskar which is doable with Accursed Hex so long as I do it on this turn. DC 15 Will


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Mort kills the white crocodile! He gingerly pries the big jaw from his leg and steps out. The annoying troglodyte winks at Lyn, her staring eyes do not make an impression. Luckily she manages to shake of the poison.

Initiative
Inspire courage + Bless +2/+1
Ashwell: sickened
Blaze: nauseated (single move action only, no free and or swift actions either), 10/12 hp, 2 STR damage, Fort DC11 or 1d2 STR damage
Balenar
Corona
Gitano: sickened, 11/12 hp

- - -
Tasskar: -3 hp
Spider Swarm
- - -
Lyn: sickened, 5/8 hp, 2 STR damage
Mort: sickened, 5/11 hp

The Exchange

M Ifrit Fighter 1 [HP: 12/12, AC: 21/11/20, F+3, R+1, W+0, Perc +1, Speed 20ft, fire resist 5, Darkvision 30ft, Init +3]

They'll likely go after him anyway.
And, rolling a nat 1 for a fighter? XD

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
"Bugs...? That's a peculiar move to pull."

Blaze steps 5ft NW, drops his axe and draws a flak of alchemist fire.

Liberty's Edge

CG Human Male Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)-1/Bard (Archaeologist) -1 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 / 12 T / 15 FF | CMD 13 | Panache 4/4 | Archaeologist's Luck +1 10/10 | Fort +4, Reflex +7, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Gitano whispers a plea to Desna for luck, the good kind this time, please.

He thrusts Balenar's exquisite rapier from the prima, blade following his forearm right to left, "Imbroccata, mandritto."

Attack vs Tasskar, Bless/Inspire Courage/Sickened: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 151d6 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 - 2 = 5

Out of respect for the wicked red flaming scimitar the caster summoned, Gitano prepares to parry and riposte.

If Tasskar attacks Gitano…

Opportune Parry and Riposte:

Spend 1 panache point and expend 1 AoO to:
Parry: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 18
If Parry, then immediate action to Riposte: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 201d6 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 - 2 = 5

The Exchange

M Ifrit Fighter 1 [HP: 12/12, AC: 21/11/20, F+3, R+1, W+0, Perc +1, Speed 20ft, fire resist 5, Darkvision 30ft, Init +3]

I've wondered how any manual deflecting and parry works, with a manufactured weapon, against something that is just pure energy.
Like crane style vs a flame blade, or kinetic blast energy blade.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

Ash pulled a flask of alchemist's fire and throws it at the swarm.

RTA 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 2 = 9
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

Silver Crusade

HP: 17/17 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +1, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l L1: 5/5 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Intimidate +9, Kn. History/Religion +5, Kn. Planes +8, Profession: Baker +7, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 2 | Active Conditions:

"Ewewewewewewwww!" Corona shrieks as the bugs materialize and immediately engulf two of her newest New Friends. She immediately flees from the immediate vicinity of the swarm towards the other side of the room and closer to Mort and Ashwell.

"It's okay New Friends! Good thing I've got a..." she begins digging into her pack. "Er...okay, I know it's here somewhere..." she continues digging. "Is that? Whoops, no, that's not it...come onnnnnn where is it!?"

Finally, she pulls out a small vial similar to the one Blaze holds in his hand.

"Ah hah! Found one!"
__________

Corona moves to her current position and pulls out a vial of alchemist's fire...and that's it. Haunted curse for the lose!


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Dice:

Scatter: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Ash, range increment is 10 feet, you are at 15 feet, so the flask scatters 10 feet. I assumed you targeted SE square of the swarm
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Swarm vs Blaze
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fort vs Poison: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Fort vs Distraction: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Tasskar vs Gitano
Flaming scimitar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Fire Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Claw: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Bite: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Gitano tries to hit the troglodyte, but the nasty stink prevents him from striking his target. Blaze and Corona manage to find an alchemist's fire. Ashwell knows where she stowed hers, she retrieves it and throws. Her aim is considerably off, she manages to throw the flask next to the considerable large swarm...

Balenar moves to Mort and touches him lightly, curing him from all damage while the swarm continues to crawl over Blaze. The ifrit is now accustomed to the stinging creatures and does not give in to the distraction of all the tiny bites.

The troglodyte attacks Gitano, but the swashbuckler is a lot quicker. He strikes at the exposed claw wielding the flaming scimitar and blood trickles on the floor. The troglodyte follows up with a strike from his other claw. He then tries to bite Gitano, but misses completely!

Initiative
Inspire courage + Bless +2/+1
Ashwell: sickened
Blaze: 8/12 hp, 2 STR damage
Balenar
Corona
Gitano: sickened, 9/12 hp
Lyn: sickened, 5/8 hp, 2 STR damage
Mort: sickened

- - -
Tasskar: -8 hp
Spider Swarm
- - -

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

Mort feels the warm hand of Balenar on his shoulder and nods in thanks as his leg wound closes. He grits his teeth and heads around the north side of the throne, past Lyn, and ducks past the edge of the throne to stand next to the lizardman where he twirls his warhammar, waiting for Gitano to step over to completely box in Tasskar.

"Waitin' on you Gitano" He quips, his muscles tensed and ready to unleash some warhammer hate.

Readied Attack vs Tasskar for flank:
2H Warhammer + Flank + Bless + Inspire + Power Attack + Sickened: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 191d8 + 6 + 1 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 + 3 - 2 = 15

Silver Crusade

HP: 17/17 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +1, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l L1: 5/5 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Intimidate +9, Kn. History/Religion +5, Kn. Planes +8, Profession: Baker +7, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 2 | Active Conditions:

"Watch out, New Friend!" Corona cries as she takes a step forward and flings the vial of alchemist's fire at the swarming mass of bugs!

Alchemist's Fire vs. Swarm (Ranged Touch; Bless): 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage (Fire): 1d6 ⇒ 6

The Exchange

M Ifrit Fighter 1 [HP: 12/12, AC: 21/11/20, F+3, R+1, W+0, Perc +1, Speed 20ft, fire resist 5, Darkvision 30ft, Init +3]

"Really, this is outrageous. Bugs doing a better job than many sparring partners."

Blaze steps back 5 ft, and tosses the flask at the SE square.

Vs AC 5, come on dicebot.

Rt, shield penalty, inspire, bless: 1d20 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 6
Fire dmg, inspire: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

9 dmg? Depending on how you handle swarms.

Dark Archive

LN Elf Dwarf Witch 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (10 FF, 12 TCH) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1 / R: +4 / W: +4 | Init: +2 | Speed 30 | Conditions: None

Lyn stomps a foot in frustration as her hex fails again. "You just don't know when to listen, do you?" This time, she attempts to entrance Tasskar into a daze, giving him the good old flickering eyes and wicked smile.

Daze, DC 15 will

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

Ha! Trying to mess with the mind of a divine caster... frustration soon to follow :)


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Blaze, a flask of alchemist's fire only does d6 damage on direct hits, not on splash. And before you ask: you can not target the square intersection of the middle of the swarm for AC 5 and score a direct hit. I will allow you to reconsider your action / treat it as an attempt to hit touch AC of the swarm. Also: why the +2 on damage?

Scatter: 1d8 ⇒ 2

The troglodyte smiles back at Lyn before focusing on Mort and Gitano. Corona fails to hit the swarming mass of spiders, her flask falls short and flames wash over Balenar and the swarm.

"Oi, careful dear! These aren't my clothes, but I would still like to preserve what's in them, that being the delightful me!"

Mort is ready to whack the troglodyte as soon as Gitano attacks him from the other side. The distraction should improve the odds of hitting.

Initiative
Inspire courage + Bless +2/+1
Ashwell: sickened
Blaze: 8/12 hp, 2 STR damage
Balenar: -1 hp
Gitano: sickened, 9/12 hp

Mort: sickened - readied for flank 19 for 15
- - -
Tasskar: -8 hp
Spider Swarm: -1 hp
- - -
Corona
Lyn: sickened, 5/8 hp, 2 STR damage


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger
Mort Gloomhollow wrote:
Ha! Trying to mess with the mind of a divine caster... frustration soon to follow :)

Especially when he does not even need to roll a saving throw because of reasons

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Male Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)-1/Bard (Archaeologist) -1 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 / 12 T / 15 FF | CMD 13 | Panache 4/4 | Archaeologist's Luck +1 10/10 | Fort +4, Reflex +7, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Gitano flashes a menacing smile at Tasskar as he steps up to threaten the creature's exposed flank, "Guadagnare la misura, entrare in misura, signore."

He winks at Mort in encouragement. "Mindy thirsty? It's happy hour on the rooftop lounge."

Triggers Mort's readied attack.

Gitano also seizes the opportunity, aiming an ascending cut at Tasskar's unmentionables, "Montante!"

Assuming, of course, there's anything left of him after Mort does what Mort does best.

Attack vs Tasskar with Bless/Inspired Courage/Flank/Sickened: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 201d6 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 - 2 = 3

No opportune parry and riposte. The panache pool is closed for today, unless the benighted digital dice bestow a confirmed critical hit.

"Hey there, lizard man. Here's a little riff I call 'Requiem for the Master of the Fallen Fortress.'"
♪♫Sun, sun, sun.
Burn, burn, burn.
Moon, moon, moon.
I will get you
Soon, soon, soon.

I am the lizard king,
I can do anything.

The Doors

Silver Crusade

HP: 17/17 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +1, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l L1: 5/5 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Intimidate +9, Kn. History/Religion +5, Kn. Planes +8, Profession: Baker +7, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 2 | Active Conditions:

"Oh nerts!" Corona exclaims as her alchemist's fire only serves to lightly brown Balenar and not the bugs like she'd hoped. "I'm sorry New Friend, I'll do better with my next one!"

The Exchange

M Ifrit Fighter 1 [HP: 12/12, AC: 21/11/20, F+3, R+1, W+0, Perc +1, Speed 20ft, fire resist 5, Darkvision 30ft, Init +3]

GM, ok.
Swarms are ruled differently, depending on tables.
Entire threads with inconclusive answers...
+2, should've been +1, from inspire.

Blaze will move around, to stay clear of immediate threat, hopefully.

Moved to square SW of the stairs.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

Ash moves 15' due right, putting more distance between himself and the swarm.

He once again uses his Mind Thrust spell to try and hurt the troglodyte.

Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

Using 2nd point from phrenic pool for the day to make Will DC 15 for half damage.


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Will vs Ashwell: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Will vs Balenar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Attack vs Mort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Fire: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Claw: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bite: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Mort, Mindy and Gitano lay on the hurt! Both Mindy and Gitano's new rapier find their marks and blood splashes everywhere. Blaze leaves the swarm and it suddenly disappears... Ashwell gives the troglodyte a minor headache. Balenar casts a spell that is resisted. The troglodyte turns towards Mort and slashes the fiery blade right through the shoulder of the human. The blade leaves a nasty scorch mark. The stinking creature follows up with a claw and bite that fail to hit Mort. He then steps onto the balcony surrounding the upper level of the tower.

DC 16 Spellcraft:
Lesser Confusion

Initiative
Inspire courage + Bless +2/+1
Ashwell: sickened
Blaze: 8/12 hp, 2 STR damage
Balenar: -1 hp
Gitano: sickened, 9/12 hp
Mort: sickened 6/11 hp
Corona
Lyn: sickened, 5/8 hp, 2 STR damage

- - -
Tasskar: -27 hp
- - -

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

"Enough already!" Mort watches Tasskar then steps forward and swings his warhammer over his head like he's driving in a fence post.

2H Warhammer + Study + Bless + Inspire - Sickened - Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 151d8 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 3 = 17

Damn sickened, prolly missed!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Male Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)-1/Bard (Archaeologist) -1 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 / 12 T / 15 FF | CMD 13 | Panache 4/4 | Archaeologist's Luck +1 10/10 | Fort +4, Reflex +7, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Gitano briefly considers following the lizard man onto the balcony, but realizes Mort stands the better chance of putting the creature out of their collective misery.

He bows to Mort with a sweep of his arm, "After you, Sir Mort. It is only fitting that the 'mort'-al blow is yours."

Gitano delays until Mort acts.

If the wounded Mort does not attack, Gitano will step into the archway and strike at Tasskar.

Attack with Bless/Inspire Courage/Sickened: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 191d6 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 - 2 = 4

If Mort does attack, but Tasskar survives Mindy's mighty blow, Gitano will attempt to move through Tasskar's space and avoid an attack of opportunity, then attack him from his northern flank.

Acrobatics (DC 5 + Tasskar's CMD): 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 = 16
Ouch! This is going to leave a scar. If Gitano fails the check, he loses the move action and provokes an attack of opportunity. On the upside, maybe Tasskar's AoO will disrupt his spell casting, if the spell has a casting time of 1 round or greater.
Attack with Bless/Inspire Courage/Sickened: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 241d6 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 - 2 = 2
Crit?!: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Curses! Failed to confirm the critical threat. But, hey, even a little damage makes Tasskar's concentration check more difficult.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 17/17 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +1, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l L1: 5/5 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Intimidate +9, Kn. History/Religion +5, Kn. Planes +8, Profession: Baker +7, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 2 | Active Conditions:

Spellcraft (DC 16): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"Oh! That was a good try, New Friend," Corona calls out as she discerns the enchantment that Balenar had tried to use. Then she sighs. This troglodyte was much too stubborn and she was getting tired of it. She stomps over next to Mort, one hand gripped her spear and the other balled into a fist.

"FOOL! YOU'RE SURROUNDED AND THERE'S NOWHERE TO GO BUT DOWN! SURRENDER OR WE'LL CONDUCT AN EXPERIMENT TO SEE HOW WELL TROGS FLY!" she bellows.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

_________

Corona moves up and tries to demoralize Tasskar! It might be super effective?

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Male Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)-1/Bard (Archaeologist) -1 | HP 19/19 | AC 17 / 12 T / 15 FF | CMD 13 | Panache 4/4 | Archaeologist's Luck +1 10/10 | Fort +4, Reflex +7, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

"Shiver me limber timbers, Corona! Hell hath no fury like a woman s'corona'ed."

Note to self, do *not* make the cursed lady angry. Gitano does a hasty mental inventory, checking off the number of times he might have offended Corona.

His eyes survey the lizard man, looking for signs the creature's shaken, not stirred.

Dark Archive

LN Elf Dwarf Witch 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (10 FF, 12 TCH) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1 / R: +4 / W: +4 | Init: +2 | Speed 30 | Conditions: None

"Wow, and here I thought she was the type to read books to children and feed birds while dancing through a meadow..." Lyn mutters to herself. "That's quite a temper Corona, but really, this lizardman pisses me off too. I don't blame you." Linria moves over to Ashwell and taps his shoulder with a glowy palm.

Guidance because there's not much else I can do, and the men likely have this one in the bag

Sayra peeks up from below the landing, then runs over to Lyn. Heh. Surprised you'd let me out of your sight this whole time.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

Ash grumbles and shakes his head as the troglodyte again survived the group's assault. [i]If you want something done right, do it yourself,[/b] he thought as he used his last spell of the day and last point from his phrenic pool to try and kill the enemy.

Mind Thrust spell

Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

Using last point from phrenic pool for the day to make Will DC 15 for half damage.

The Exchange

M Ifrit Fighter 1 [HP: 12/12, AC: 21/11/20, F+3, R+1, W+0, Perc +1, Speed 20ft, fire resist 5, Darkvision 30ft, Init +3]

Speaking of going down, i feel reflex saves coming soon.

As the swarm disappears, Blaze is left slightly confused.

"Huh..ok, well that is that."

He stows away the flask, and moves a bit east.
Someone plz move me to east of Lyn.

"You guys got this? It's a bit crowded over there, after all."

Sovereign Court

Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

Moved you Blaze

The Exchange

M Ifrit Fighter 1 [HP: 12/12, AC: 21/11/20, F+3, R+1, W+0, Perc +1, Speed 20ft, fire resist 5, Darkvision 30ft, Init +3]

Thanks.


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

AoO vs Gitano: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Mort swings his warhammer in a big arc and manages to hit the ceiling, but not the troglodyte. Gitano wants to show how nimble he is. He attempts to dive through the troglodyte's legs, but the creature is quicker than expected. He brings his flaming scimitar down and stops Gitano in his tracks, while setting the new leather armor on fire.

Not deterred, Gitano attacks with his new rapier and manages to scratch the troglodyte. Only then he notices the flames and passes out from pure shock.

Corona steps forward and starts shouting at the troglodyte. Although he does not understand the words the creature must have had an elder sibling that shouted at just the same way. He moves back a bit and now has the railing of the balcony pressed firmly against its backside.

Then Ashwell comes in with her spell. The troglodyte graps his head when it lands and stumbles back a bit. Unfortunately for it there is not that much backward to go to... The old timber railing can not sustain his weight and breaks... with an awful scream the foul leader of the troglodytes falls down!

Only now do you all notice the strained sounds coming from the floorboards, walls and ceiling of the eastern part of the tower and you realize that this part is actually hanging over thin air and is not supported by walls underneath... It seems that loosing the weight of the troglodyte gives you a moment of respite. Corona quickly moves back while Mort grasps Gitano's legs and drags him to safety. Just seconds later the whole eastern top of the tower comes crashing down!

After taking stock of the situation Balenar casts a spell that heals Gitano of the worst of his scorch marks.

Congrats! Scenario is officially over, but you can roleplay a bit while walking out of the tower and back to Absalom

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Slayer 2 HP 23/23 | AC 17, T 11, FF 16 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear) | Init +1 | Perc +5 | SM +5 Effects:

Mort watches the scene play out in slow motion, luckily for them the only casualties were the lizardman and his fiesty croc pet. As he drags Gitano away from danger he can only help but think Brave and cocky, but not overly bright. He'll learn, hopefully.

Once everyone is healed and ready start the trip back Mort speaks up "I'm not usually one of those 'rah rah' types, but you all did well back there, especially you all I've never worked with." He says gesturing to Gitano, Blaze, Ash and Lyn. "I've gotten used to Corona from our last mission, even if she is a bit slow to get going sometimes when a fight breaks out. She's got quite a mean side behind that cute hair cut and muffin tins."

He pats his sword and continues "Mindy and I would like to thank you for what looks like another successful mission, and probably her last. She's not as young as she looks, the metal's wearing thin in places, and she's lost a bit of her usual shine in battle." He pauses with a bit of a lost look on his face "I'm not real sure where I was going with that, but either way, great work, lets head back and get paid!"

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

Ash rolls his eyes at the encouraging speech. "Let's find and catalogue all the valuables and get out of here then. I've got a soft bed to sleep in and will happily get back to my real job at the library. Much safer job, that."

Maybe this will earn me some favor from the Paracountess and she will let me stop all this adventuring foolishness!

The Exchange

M Ifrit Fighter 1 [HP: 12/12, AC: 21/11/20, F+3, R+1, W+0, Perc +1, Speed 20ft, fire resist 5, Darkvision 30ft, Init +3]

Blaze sees the trog leader stumble at the edge of the balcony. With one eye shut, the other narrow, he sees the plummeting happen.

Yikes, that is bad for his health.

"Hey, no sweat, we all get heated up at some point. I once saw a parrot rage, that could put a sailor quiet.""

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

HP: 17/17 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +1, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l L1: 5/5 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Intimidate +9, Kn. History/Religion +5, Kn. Planes +8, Profession: Baker +7, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 2 | Active Conditions:

"Aw, thanks Friend Mort! I'm happy I can be useful - and maybe one day I'll even figure out why my legs sometimes act sleepy and then I'll be able to be really useful in a fight," Corona beams, her cheeks flushing slightly from Mort's praise.

He thinks my hair is cute? Wow, cutting my own hair does more than just save me money!

"Anyway, Friend Mort is right," she adds as she suddenly snaps back to reality and busies herself helping to patch injuries. "It was really nice working with so many New Friends and I think we did a really good job, too! Maybe they'll let us work together again soon...though making even more New Friends would be nice too...like that parrot...I've never seen a parrot yell at people but I'm sure it's a real sight to see!"

301 to 350 of 354 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's PbP: Master of the Fallen Fortress All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.