Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GMG's PbP: Cosmic Captive (CORE 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Magabeus

Map


1 to 50 of 352 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Something has been afoot in the Society, for the last several weeks, if not months. Something big is about to happen, although very few people know the details yet. Rumours abound of course, but most of the seem too wild to be believed. What is known, is that the Decemvirate have requested volunteers for a very demanding mission, consisting of upward of twenty teams. Six Pathfinders find their names listed in the roster as team "vytrvalost", the old Azlanti word for 'perseverance'. It might turn out to be justified, but for now it's a motto that's yet to be earned. The group meets up in the halls of the Grand Lodge to get acquainted, share rumours and make the final preparations.

Here's a first post to get you started with the character introductions, and to tide you over until Friday. I'm not allowed to give any details about the scenario until the 9th.

Dark Archive

CN Halfling Sorcerer 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 10 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1; +2 vs Fear | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Elemental Ray 2/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: Endure Elements.

A scrawny bearded halfling wanders over to the table. Ripping a chair away, he gives it a quick twirl and slumps down, eyeing the group in turn over the backrest.

"I am Vraxam Uldar. You're welcome for my presence." He offers with a sly grin. "I am blessed with power over the elements with a preference for the power of air. If it becomes necessary, I do have one of those sticks that mends wounds."

Glancing around the crowded room, he whispers, "Any of you know what we're here for? I heard we were going to wipe out those Aspis Rats in one fell swoop."

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 2 | HP: 20/20| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh Active conditions: None | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

Volar is distracted by his companion when Vraxam walks over and doesn't notice him until he starts talking. He tries to keep smiler quiet while the halfling is talking.

"I was pondering the exact same questions while sitting here Vraxam, but i'm afraid i don't have any answers for you. I'm Volar Loken, and this is my companion, Smiler. Thanks to some extended time lost in a jungle I've learnt to harness my link to natural magics." as he says this he speaks some magical word and makes a small cloud appear above his empty cup and it rains a little filling it up and soaks the table a little.

"Nature can be a little hard to control though. It doesn't always do exactly what you want." he looks over towards Smiler as if doing so reinforces the point he just made.

"I should also introduce Smiler here. He's been my ally for a number of years now and without him i wouldn't be alive today."


Male N Ape Animal Companion 2 | HP: 16/16| AC: 14 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, low light, scent | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Active conditions: none

"Ooook" says Smiler. He follows that up by showing everyone a big grin.

Silver Crusade

Female Halfling
Stats:
Sor 2 (W. Drac.)|HP 10/16|AC:22*/T:14/FF:15*|F:+3/R: +4/W:+3/5|CMB:+1|CMD: 14/11FF|BAB: +1|Init: +5|Acro.: +5|Bluff: +3|K: Ar+6|Ling: +2|Per.: +5|Spellcraft: +5|Stealth:+7|UMD: +7|PFS# 145296-7(Core)
Limited Use Items:
Folio 0/1 (+0); Claws 4/6 per day

An eager young female halfling with odd white scaling on her neck and hands comes running up, with an instruction slip giving directions to the mustering area for the team.

"Oh, oh wow, I'm not LATE to one of these meetings for a change?! Okay, something must REALLY be happening because that NEVER happens when I'm checking into things for the Society!"

Then there's a bit of a blink as she takes in the other members of the team assembled thus far.

"Oh, um, right! Etune Pronounced Eh Toon Eh Snowfoot. From the lands of the Linnorm Kings. Mama Snowfoot always said that there's good in everyone, an' anyone what isn't being good deserves a good cuffin'. 'Course, that'd be after she'd drop the temperature of the room a good twenty degrees, too."

She squints at Vraxam for a second, then nods. "We Snowfoots supposedly have dragon-blood in our line, if you can believe that. Makes it possible to do some nifty tricks and all."

For GM!:
Head's up, just so you are aware, going to be traveling a bit this weekend, so will be slow on posting, please move me around as appropriate if needed, and yes to the Awesome Package for Prestige, please!

I've both GM'd this and played it in Standard, so will be taking a little bit of a backseat to the rest of the team.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Druid/1 (HP 10/10 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: -2 | CMD:10 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+2 | Will:+7 | Init:+4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30/20)

dot


"Doom Girl" Venture Captain, Play-by-Post // PbP EventsPbP Gameday Games // PbP GM Kit // Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts

The woman in the red mask was quiet. She had been watching all the teams, taking note of each one on her clipboard as they filed in.

Would they be ready for what lay ahead? She had no idea. Whatever happened though, she knew it would be out of this world.

____
Overseer GM Hmm, checking in. Players, feel free to continue to introduce yourselves to each other in Absalom in character. We start June 9th, and I'd love for everyone to be ready to go before then.

Dark Archive

CN Halfling Sorcerer 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 10 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1; +2 vs Fear | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Elemental Ray 2/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: Endure Elements.

Looking over to the Halfling, Vraxam acknowledges her arrival. "Actually, my dear, you were late. As the arrival time happens to be at or before my arrival I am never early nor late. I will of course accept your tardiness. Nothing of import has occurred yet. Sounds like Mama Snowfoot was a wise one."

Looking around the table, he adds "Seems we have a few more tardy members."

The short man spends a moment staring at Smiler, before inquiring "Would it be safe to assume your, uh, companion will be standing between myself and our opponents?"

Liberty's Edge

Male
Botting instructions:
Korvan would attack the closest enemy or whoever is attacking a companion, ranged first
Half Elf
Skills:
Acrobatics:+7;Climb+6;Handle Animal:+3;Survival:+7:Track:+8; Stealth:+6;K(Nature):+7
Fighter 1/Ranger 2 CORE[HP:30/30][AC:18/12/16][F:+7;R:+5;W:+2][INIT:+4][Perc:+13]

A tall, broad shouldered elf-kin walks in with a bow in hand. He looks rather wild and unused to city life. He nods his head to the others also gathered and glances at the large simian in the room. 'hmmm two druids and two wee arcane...should be interesting' he thinks to himself as he finds an empty chair.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Druid/1 (HP 10/10 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: -2 | CMD:10 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+2 | Will:+7 | Init:+4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30/20)

A small human woman dressed in furs slowly walks in. She appears to be holding a small piece of paper perhaps an invitation. She obviously does not feel comfortable in the company of people, and tends to stay hidden in the shadows as much as she can. When the members of the group look at her, she merely nods to acknowledge their presence.

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 1 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 12/12| F +4 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

dot. I'll do a char introduction when I get home from work.


"Doom Girl" Venture Captain, Play-by-Post // PbP EventsPbP Gameday Games // PbP GM Kit // Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BLASTOFF!

The Society's Master of Spells, Sorrina Westyr, looks up with approval upon the 30 foot platform the society is erecting around the base of the Spire of Nex. Her slate-gray skin seems to blend into the stonework behind her, but her manner is lively. She grins as she addresses the unkempt beggar beside her. ”See, Drandle, we were ready in time. You owe me a beer.”

The old Venture Captain titters. “Heh. You’re not away from the spire yet. We’ll see.”

“So we will.” Sorrina nods, then waves at the assembling crowd. “Pathfinders—welcome and well timed. Please, make your ways to the designated safe areas quickly and carefully, and please mind the wards. Try to keep the paths clear, as we have some very delicate equipment coming through. I have some amazing discoveries to share in just a few more moments.”

Meanwhile in the crowd, the aura of excitement continues to build. Rumors are flying everywhere as Pathfinders ask each other, “What’s this all about?”

BEGIN PART ONE.

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 1 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 12/12| F +4 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

He was a man. About average height for the Inner Sea, giving him a fair few inches about the average Tien Xia denizen that he was. He was thick, and beneath his steel breastplate, there was wiry muscle. He carried a plethora of weapons, with a wicked-looking black enameled scythe the most prominent. He wore a pair of spectacles, and a single black braid hung from the side of his uncovered head.

"What's all this about?" He says, in unison with his fellow Pathfinders.

Dark Archive

CN Halfling Sorcerer 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 10 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1; +2 vs Fear | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Elemental Ray 2/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: Endure Elements.

Taking in the Tien Xia man, Vraxam smiles "Ah! A meat shield has arrived. Are you resistant to electricity or fire?"

"As for the purpose of our being here? Don't know yet. I was lured here under the rumor of wiping out the Consortium, but that machine they're bringing in makes me thing it's something else..." says the hafling, pointing towards the entryway.

Liberty's Edge

Male
Botting instructions:
Korvan would attack the closest enemy or whoever is attacking a companion, ranged first
Half Elf
Skills:
Acrobatics:+7;Climb+6;Handle Animal:+3;Survival:+7:Track:+8; Stealth:+6;K(Nature):+7
Fighter 1/Ranger 2 CORE[HP:30/30][AC:18/12/16][F:+7;R:+5;W:+2][INIT:+4][Perc:+13]

"What is all the commotion about?" the elf-kin says as he stands up.

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 1 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 12/12| F +4 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

"You may refer to me as Mister Hao Jing, not 'meat shield'," he says while adjusting his pince-nez. "And if you're asking for permission to catch me in your spells... Well, I'm a lawyer by trade. If you want to negotiate using your healing stick on me to compensate for any of my loses, I'm listening."

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 2 | HP: 20/20| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh Active conditions: None | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

"Well things are certainly starting to get interesting. Wards, equipment and safe areas... that all sounds quite complex! Well met Mister Hao Jing, it seems you arrived just in time for the action!"


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Starlight brightens the grassy plain surrounding the immense Spire of Nex. Overhead, a comet lazily streaks across the night sky. Heavily armed patrols guard the perimeter, and the shadow of great wings occasionally blots out the stars. Sharp flashes of amethyst light, quick shouts, and chanting briefly periodically rise above the waiting crowd’s chatter as spellcasters hurriedly construct and maintain crackling wards. These efforts revolve around a thirty-foot-tall upright gleaming metal ring constructed at the Spire’s base.

You might hear rumors of the Society’s latest activities related to this gathering.

Diplomacy (Gather Information). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 12+:
Absalom is all abuzz with numerous and colorful tales about the sudden appearance of a new light in the night sky. Fortunetellers and doomsayers crowd the streets, shouting stories and warnings of what this portends.

DC 17+:
Messengers have been arriving in the Grand Lodge from around the Inner Sea with tales of strange gateways appearing around the world. Scholars have attended closed-door meetings with Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr to discuss this phenomenon as well as a sudden upheaval in the Elemental Planes.

DC 22+:
An ambassador from the elves of Kyonin met with members of the Decemvirate. Shortly afterward, the Society’s leaders commissioned scribes to copy a number of elven scrolls concerning the solar system and interplanetary travel.

DC 27+:
The Society has gathered a number of rare Numerian relics related to survival in airless environments. Additionally, the Society recently recovered fragments from a broken aiudara (also known as an elf gate) and shipped them to the Cairnlands north of Absalom.

- - -

You might know the significance of the Spire of Nex and what it might be used for.

Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (History). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
The Spire of Nex is a mile-high column of smooth grey stone a few hours north of Absalom. The Archmage Nex constructed the Spire during his unsuccessful siege of Absalom in 166 AR

DC 20+:
The Spire has no obvious entrances on any surface, but is said to have contained Nex’s armies. The building seems to bend both space and magic around itself.

- - -

You might know more about the new comet in the sky.

Knowledge (Geography) or Profession (Astronomer). One roll: open all spoilers that apply.

DC 10+:
A new comet appeared several months ago. It does not match any known comets, and its trajectory seems highly irregular.

DC 15+:
The comet recently traveled past Akiton, and it should travel past Golarion within the next 24 hours. Initial observations showed it was rotating slowly, but it has now stopped spinning altogether.

DC 20+:
The comet is venting a tremendous amount of air, rather than the ice crystals and water vapor normally associated with such objects. A shallow atmosphere has formed around the celestial body.

DC 25+:
The comet is actually an asteroid known as Aucturn’s Tear, a piece of the Diaspora asteroid belt. Aucturn’s Tear passes through the solar system every 56 years, but according to records and eyewitnesses, it has never shone so brightly before.


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

A tall elven man approaches your group. He is followed by a youngster dragging a small cart in which you see stacks of small rucksacks. You notice other people moving around the group that are also followed by an adolescent with a cart.

”Well met, I have been tasked by the Venture officers to provide magical assistance on your trip outside of Golarion’s atmosphere and into a low-gravity environment."

He waits for a moment to let the news sink in.

"Yes, the comet! I won't be joining you there. But I can protect you from environmental temperature extremes, the vacuum of space, and damage dealt by radioactivity. I wouldn't plan on leaving Golarion without it!"

"It lasts for the better part of the day and I can cast it on each of you. The faction leaders have agreed that together they will pay for the costs. Of course they will find a way to make you pay for it in the end, but you first need to survive on the comet...”

He reaches into his spell component pouch "So, what do you say? Who wants it?"

I strongly advise you to make use of the spell. This special spell will cost you 1 prestige point and lasts 11 hours in-game time, starting in act 2 (which starts within 24 hours from now). If you have no prestige and are at 0 or 1 xp the society will loan you the prestige, which allows you to use this opportunity.

Later the elf takes one of the small sacks from the youngster ”In addition, the Society has put together caches of supplies to help Pathfinders trapped in hostile conditions make it back in one piece.” He hands over the rucksack.

Each PC receives two pouches of air crystals, a potion of endure elements, and one snapleaf. Your party also receives one wand of cure light wounds (10 charges)

Air crystals:
These unpleasant-tasting, alchemically grown crystals release breathable air when chewed. A pouch of air crystals provides 1 minute of breathable air. Placing air crystals in your mouth takes a standard action; chewing them each round is a free action. Any attempt to speak while chewing air crystals negates any remaining duration.

Snapleaf:
This crystalline carving looks like a hand-sized tree leaf. It is usually worn around the neck on a strap so it is within easy reach, but can be affixed to a belt or clothing just like a badge. Activating a snapleaf is an immediate action and gives the bearer the benefits of feather fall and invisibility. The duration of the two effects work independently; ending one early does not affect the other. The item cannot be activated to provide just one of these two effects; they are always activated simultaneously.

Silver Crusade

Female Halfling
Stats:
Sor 2 (W. Drac.)|HP 10/16|AC:22*/T:14/FF:15*|F:+3/R: +4/W:+3/5|CMB:+1|CMD: 14/11FF|BAB: +1|Init: +5|Acro.: +5|Bluff: +3|K: Ar+6|Ling: +2|Per.: +5|Spellcraft: +5|Stealth:+7|UMD: +7|PFS# 145296-7(Core)
Limited Use Items:
Folio 0/1 (+0); Claws 4/6 per day

Gather Information(Diplomacy): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

K: Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

The white-scaled halfling brushes off the jab by the other halfling sorcerer and sets to the task of trying to discover a bit more about what is going on, making their way back to the rest of the party to share the information as appropriate.

Feel free to treat the informational rolls Etune got as flippable for the rest of the party, with GM permission.

"Sir, I'll take whatever resources you can provide, and if you have some extras I'd be willing to spare some coin to cover for the spares, if that'd be okay? Never hurts to have some back-ups?"

Etune will be spending 1 PP for the Amazing Awesome Thingie and offering to buy other packages if they are commercially available.

EDIT: Just fyi, the next three days the Internet will be largely inaccessible for me, please move me along as needed thank you.

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 2 | HP: 20/20| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh Active conditions: None | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5 Good start...

"I will gladly accept any assistance you can provide.. wait... comet? Well this certainly will be a unique experience, eh Smiler!"

Any info on how this spell works in conjunction with animal companions? If i have to pay an additional PP so Smiler is covered i'll gladly do so.


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Unfortunately I do not have extras, although I spotted some merchants following us, wherever there's a large crowd there are bound to be merchants. Here you go!" the elf casts the spell and looks at the others.

Smiler is included in the cost. You can purchase normally available items before we leave.

Liberty's Edge

Male
Botting instructions:
Korvan would attack the closest enemy or whoever is attacking a companion, ranged first
Half Elf
Skills:
Acrobatics:+7;Climb+6;Handle Animal:+3;Survival:+7:Track:+8; Stealth:+6;K(Nature):+7
Fighter 1/Ranger 2 CORE[HP:30/30][AC:18/12/16][F:+7;R:+5;W:+2][INIT:+4][Perc:+13]

"I am afraid I am not help here for any useful information. I tend to deal in more natural settings." Korvan says as he readies his weapons and gear.

Korvan will pay 1 prestige for the planetary adaptation

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Druid/1 (HP 10/10 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: -2 | CMD:10 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+2 | Will:+7 | Init:+4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30/20)

Greenwillow steps out of the shadow. "Unfortunately, I don't know much about any of these topics. I am grateful however to those of you that do, and thank you for sharing. I guess we should get ready to leave what we know for the unknown. Stick together and we should be fine!"

Greenwillow will pay the 1 prestige for planetary adaption as well

Dark Archive

CN Halfling Sorcerer 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 10 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1; +2 vs Fear | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Elemental Ray 2/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: Endure Elements.

Gather Info: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
K (History Untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Walking back to the group after quite the uneventful discussion with a half-orc, he considers the altercation. 'All I said was his pet looked as though it had filth fever...perhaps it was the remark I made about his mother that turned him against me...

Smiling at the elf, he agrees. "Aye, yes. Anything offered on the societies dime is good for me! I'll take one of them spells."

"Sorry all, but I'm not well versed on the goings on here. I suspect the information I'd been give was inaccurate."

I would need a loan Prestige Point for the purchase - I'm assuming it will come off my chronicle?


"Doom Girl" Venture Captain, Play-by-Post // PbP EventsPbP Gameday Games // PbP GM Kit // Gallows of Madness Maps & Handouts

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr, the Pathfinder Society's returning Master of Spells, hurriedly concludes her conversation with Drandle Dreng before stepping onto the platform in front of a giant metal ring the Society has constructed. The starlight glimmers in her crystalline white hair, though her obsidian oread features are visible only in flashes from the nearby glowing wards.

“I thank you all for traveling here on such short notice, Pathfinders. A unique opportunity has come to us from the stars.” She gestures gracefully to the comet trailing gas in the sky above her head. “The asteroid Aucturn's Tear quietly travels our solar system once every fifty-six years. For the first time it now flares with brilliance. We have learned this phenomenon is the work of an entity trapped on Aucturn's Tear and, whatever this being is, it is calling out for help. We do not know its intentions, yet it is in our interest to learn more. If it is benevolent, it may prove a powerful ally and friend to the Society if we can free it. If it is malevolent, then we will do what we can to ensure it stays sealed away where it can do no harm.”

She casts a spell, briefly creating an image of Golarian’s solar system, and the asteroid’s trajectory within it.

“As it approaches planets, the entity has opened gateways in magic-dense regions, as if calling out to powerful champions that might come to its aid. Based on our calculations, the first of these gateways on Golarion should appear in a matter of minutes, and we have gathered in this magically infused site to draw the portal here and stabilize it, allowing us to travel to the asteroid ourselves. Our observations show billowing clouds pouring out from three locations on Aucturn's Tear. These both create a livable environment we can navigate as well as provide three entrances to the asteroid's interior so that we can find the source of these events.” Red arrows appear at each entrance as the image keeps focusing closer and closer to the asteroid itself. “The first entrance is at the base of an enormous crater, where there are monumental fortifications— likely making that the most difficult approach. The second plume is coming from the remnants of a frozen fortress, which could contain incredible secrets in its own right. The third plume is coming from the sunward side of the comet and is issuing from a number of lava tubes. Our observers also spotted the wreck of a metal craft near there.”

Sorrina pauses a moment, letting the significance of all of these observations sink in, and then continues.

“This will be an unusual environment, so prepare for unusual conditions: extreme temperatures, low-gravity, and airless pockets are likely. Everyone should have received a package of supplies to assist in managing these hazards. While the gateway should remain stable, a contingent of conjurers is staying here to monitor it, and additional teams are on standby to provide escape routes to extradimensional shelters in case of complications. Perhaps most importantly, we've ringed this area with defenses to prevent any outside interference with this expedition, and the bronze dragon Ahelvetinn has agreed to keep watch in case any evil attempts to escape through the gateway into Golarion.”

The Spire of Nex begins to hum, the vibrations creating a stomach-churning resonance as a pinpoint of light appears in the center of the portal ring and begins to grow.

Sorrina Westyr shouts to be heard over the deafening noise, “It's beginning! Be ready to move through and split into teams to investigate each of the three possible approaches. Once we're inside we can regroup and compare notes.”

The metal of the portal ring incandesces, and a blast of freezing air pours out as the gateway opens. The place beyond is a field of jagged grey stone, and once several dozen Pathfinders step through, the earth itself springs to life in the form of countless elemental creatures that swarm toward the gate. From further in, a terrible draconic roar accompanies the appearance of a flight of crystalline dragons sweeping out from the lip of a crater.

“Secure the gate! Do not let any of them through!” Westyr shouts as she sends a lance of swirling black and white energy into one of the wyrms, sending it careening end over end as the forces meet.

BEGIN PART TWO

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 1 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 12/12| F +4 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

Jing Hao hurridly make arrangements to get an advance on the prestige needed to take this spell.

Gritting his teeth, he makes towards the gate, towards certain draconic death.

"Onward, I suppose," he says.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Druid/1 (HP 10/10 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: -2 | CMD:10 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+2 | Will:+7 | Init:+4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30/20)

Greenwillow having had a spell cast on her, quickly downs her potion of endure elements, and steps into line and follows the more experienced Pathfinders through the portal pulling out her weapon as she does so. Momentarily lost in the shuffle, she quickly finds her pre-selected group. "I guess we should be ready for anything."


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Vraxam: you can loan the PP

You exit the gateway and find yourself on a ridge just outside an immense impact crater. The gateway is between the dark and bright sides of the asteroid and maintains a comfortable temperature normal lighting and breathable air. As soon as you set foot outside the gateway find out that gravity is lower than normal, allowing you to jump higher and farther than normally possible.

You are immediately confronted by two small, compact, roughly humanoid creatures of dirt and stone that explode
up from the asteroid’s surface, faceless save for two glowing gemstone eyes.

Knowledge Planes

DC 11+:
These are small earth elementals. Like most elementals they are immune to critical hits, precision damage, bleed, paralysis, poison, sleep effects and stunning. They also can’t be flanked.

DC 16+:
An earth elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its foe are touching the ground./

Initiative
Smiler
Etune Snowfoot
Volar
Jing Hao
Vraxam Uldar
Korvan
Greenwillow

- - -
Earth creatures

Bold can act, actions are resolved in posting order

Liberty's Edge

Male
Botting instructions:
Korvan would attack the closest enemy or whoever is attacking a companion, ranged first
Half Elf
Skills:
Acrobatics:+7;Climb+6;Handle Animal:+3;Survival:+7:Track:+8; Stealth:+6;K(Nature):+7
Fighter 1/Ranger 2 CORE[HP:30/30][AC:18/12/16][F:+7;R:+5;W:+2][INIT:+4][Perc:+13]

Korvan steps in front of the others and sends an arrow at the green hostile moving rocks...

CLB+PBS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24...DMG: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Korvan does massive damage to the green rocky creature, if is still standing.

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 1 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 12/12| F +4 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

Trying to keep himself between these strange creatures and the more vulnerable Pathfinders, Jing Hao moves up and draws his scythe.

"Come and face me,"

double move, I want them to come to me.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Halfling Sorcerer 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: -3, CMD: 10 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +1; +2 vs Fear | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Elemental Ray 2/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: Endure Elements.

K (Planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"Guys, those are earth elementals. You can't hit them in vulnerable spots because....they don't have them. They are freaking rocks! They also lack blood...they don't sleep...and if you aren't flying, they are better at hitting you." advises the halfling.

Moving forward, but making sure to stay behind Jing Hao, he spreads his arms wide. A crackling sound can be heard as he draws in the static from the immediate area, cackling as he flicks his wrist, a chaotic beam of blue light streaks across the air towards their foes.

Elemental Ray Vs Green Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Single Move - Standard for Elemental Ray (Electricity) Attack - If green dropped before my turn, I would have attacked the other

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Druid/1 (HP 10/10 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: -2 | CMD:10 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+2 | Will:+7 | Init:+4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30/20)

Greenwillow moves forward mumbling some words while using a flask of acid as a focus. She unleashes a green bolt of acid at the elemental hoping that she can contribute to this battle.

Ranged Touch Attack vs Touch AC Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Dmg Acid: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Acid focus for +1 dmg

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 2 | HP: 20/20| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh Active conditions: None | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

Volar whistles a command for Smiler defend him as he moves up to the opposite side of the pillar from Jing Hao.

"Here they come, but they won't get past us!" he says as he holds his shield and club ready.


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Etune sees that his companions have the situation well in hand and nods approvingly delay

Vraxam drops the green elemental and Greenwillow hits the other. It moves forward to Jing Hao but is unable to hit him.

Slam, power attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 = 9

Initiative
Smiler
Etune Snowfoot
Volar
Jing Hao
Vraxam Uldar
Korvan
Greenwillow

- - -
Earth elemental: -4 hp

Bold can act, actions are resolved in posting order
Greenwillow: what did you mechanically do and are Arcane focus CORE?

Liberty's Edge

Male
Botting instructions:
Korvan would attack the closest enemy or whoever is attacking a companion, ranged first
Half Elf
Skills:
Acrobatics:+7;Climb+6;Handle Animal:+3;Survival:+7:Track:+8; Stealth:+6;K(Nature):+7
Fighter 1/Ranger 2 CORE[HP:30/30][AC:18/12/16][F:+7;R:+5;W:+2][INIT:+4][Perc:+13]

CLB+PBS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16...DMG: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Korvan takes a step to his right for a better shot at the last foe and then lets loose an arrow... but his aim is a bit off this time...

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Druid/1 (HP 10/10 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: -2 | CMD:10 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+2 | Will:+7 | Init:+4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30/20)

I was totally looking at the wrong character sheet when I made that post. Edit for Greenwillow mumbled some words and fumbled?


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Greenwillow: that explains it! Sounds fair

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 1 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 12/12| F +4 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

Jing Hao steps to the side, to avoid getting any errant acid flung at him by one of his spellcasting colleague. to avoid providing the elemental cover, really.

He then tries to take a mighty blow on the elemental.

Attack w/mwk Scythe-pwr attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 24
Damage w/mwk scythe+pwr attack: 2d4 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 + 3 = 14


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Jong Hao cleaves the last elemental in two equal parts!


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Time: 0:01 after arrival

”You handled those earth elementals with flair!” A Varisian woman is leaping towards you, she is obviously enjoying the low gravity.

”We have located the three avenues of approach and have some more information on them. It is your choice how to proceed, so here is what we know:”

Area B: Into the Crater
”The crater is swarming with defenders. If you choose to go there you need to be prepared for combat, but it seems the most direct route to the center of the asteroid.”

Area D: The Frozen City
”We have located a frozen city on the asteroid’s dark side. If you want you can explore the city to see if we can find the means to help the trapped being.”

Area F: Sea of Light
”On the sunny side we have located the wreck of a metal craft. It might contain the same kind of objects as can be found in Numeria. If you want to explore that be aware that that side of the asteroid is bathing in direct sunlight, without any protection from an atmosphere.”

”It is your decision, I’ll be off to brief that group over there on what we found” and she moves away before you can even start to think of questions.

Where do you go?

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 1 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 12/12| F +4 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

"I think if we all drink our potions of endure elements, we could explore the Sea of Light, and I'd like to see that metal craft," Jing Hao says, "But I'm open to the others.

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 2 | HP: 20/20| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh Active conditions: None | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

"I've only ever been on a sea of water in a wooden craft myself, so i'm with you on that Jing Hao. It's not every day you get to travel to such a remote place and i want to see as much as possible!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Druid/1 (HP 10/10 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: -2 | CMD:10 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+2 | Will:+7 | Init:+4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30/20)

"Agreed. The sea of light seems to be a great way to go."


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Magma bubbles to the surface throughout the area here and lava flows about in wide-ranging rivers across the burning fields. Some inactive tunnels do show signs of habitation, and the crackling sound of Ignan-speaking voices echoes against the obsidian formations.

Initiative
Smiler
Greenwillow
Korvan
Vraxam Uldar
Jing Hao

- - -
Humanoids
- - -
Etune Snowfoot
Volar
- - -
Flames

Liberty's Edge

Male
Botting instructions:
Korvan would attack the closest enemy or whoever is attacking a companion, ranged first
Half Elf
Skills:
Acrobatics:+7;Climb+6;Handle Animal:+3;Survival:+7:Track:+8; Stealth:+6;K(Nature):+7
Fighter 1/Ranger 2 CORE[HP:30/30][AC:18/12/16][F:+7;R:+5;W:+2][INIT:+4][Perc:+13]

Korvan moves closer and shoots an arrow at the flame creature to see what it does... you never know right...

CLB+PBS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7...DMG: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 1 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 12/12| F +4 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

Wary of the magma, Jing Hao attempts to shoot the flame creature with his longbow.

Attack w/long bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Druid/1 (HP 10/10 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: -2 | CMD:10 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+2 | Will:+7 | Init:+4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30/20)

Greenwillow Flings a bullet from her sling at the creatures.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


Male N Ape Animal Companion 2 | HP: 16/16| AC: 14 (13 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, low light, scent | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Active conditions: none

Smiler stays guarding Volar until commanded to do something else.

1 to 50 of 352 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's PbP: Cosmic Captive - CORE 1-2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.