Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GMG's PbP: 5-18 The Stranger Within (7-9 4player)

Game Master Magabeus

Maps


201 to 243 of 243 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

Krunch should be at 71/75 hit points after that last heal from inkita.


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

The Gaels are supposedly hiding inside the shop. The man inside does not match any description you have received

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 33/ touch 18/ ff 30; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Are we inside the shop?

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

"How do we want to play this?"


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

You enter the shop and the man inside calls out “Sorry, the boss ain’t in right now. I can take your order, though. Just step right up to the counter here.”

Although you don't entirely trust him you think you should be able to handle a single man and cautiously step forward. You file into the room and notice that four undead within the glass cabinet start to stir!

Initiative:

Krunch!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Inkita: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Theodric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Ezren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Enemy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
GM: 4d20 + 4 ⇒ (7, 1, 9, 15) + 4 = 36

Round 1: Initiative
21: Theodric

- - -
17: Human
- - -
14: Ezren
- - -
9: Undead (behind glass, can't be harmed without first breaking the glass)
- - -
8: Inkita
5: Krunch 71/75 hp
0: End of round

Bold can act

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 33/ touch 18/ ff 30; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Assuming someone can use my heal stick to heal me to full before we entered: Wand of CLW, 2 charges: 1d8 + 1 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (8) + 1 = 11

Theodric looks at the undead stirring, then sternly looks at the man. "Are you Orphyro? if so, we have information for you... so sending undead at us would be a bad idea... for them, and for you..."

Move action: Acrobatics with 10-foot running leap to vault above the counter and draw falcata and point it at the man's jugular: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (4) + 25 = 29

Standard action: Intimidate the man to force him to stand down the undead and listen to us: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

"Don't you listen, the boss ain't here!" he replies, but he does not seem to be as confident as he was a moment ago. Still he very quickly draws a short sword and attacks with it before stepping back into the back of the shop. Both attacks hit Theodric's armor, but don't pierce the excellent mithral full plate

Attack, shaken: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Attack, shaken: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round 1: Initiative
14: Ezren

- - -
9: Undead (behind glass, can't be harmed without first breaking the glass)
- - -
8: Inkita
5: Krunch 71/75 hp
0: End of round
21: Theodric
- - -
17: Human
- - -

Bold can act


EZREN hp 58/58| AC 17, t16, ff13) | fort +8 refl +6, will +8 | bab 3, melee 3, ranged 5 | cmb 3 cmd 18 | init +2 | wmm 50 human wizard/7
skills:
appraise 15, fly 12, kn arcane 15, know history 15, know nature 15, know planes 15, ling 15, perc 1, spellcrft 15

gah, didn't notice the 'steps into the back of the shop, so I guess my original action is moot now... here goes the edit:

Ezren calls out to the fellow:

"Where IS the boss, and when will he be back? I suggest you answer quickly before my more volatile associates come and kill you and your little undead friends, too." He moves up a little and waits casually for a response.

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 33/ touch 18/ ff 30; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Ezren, he took two swipes at me, so I don't think he can move beyond a 5-foot step, unless he can, somehow... ;)


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Grr, my computer decided to crash when I wanted to post yesterday.

Dice:

Fort saves vs flayleaf
Ezren: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Inkita: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Krunch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Attack vs Inkita
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack vs Krunch
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Big words for such an old man" the Varisian man replies to Ezren's threat. Just then one of the undead smashes the glass panels on the cabinet. A waft of a bitter smell flows through the room. Another undead steps out and engulfs Ezren, Inkita and Krunch in a big cloud of bitter smoke. It dissipates quickly, without affecting the pathfinders. The last two undead move towards Inkita and Krunch. Krunch manages to avoid the attack but Inkita receives a fist to the face. A foul and sinister crackling moves over the undead's arm and drains some of her energy...

Craft (Alchemy) or Knowledge (Nature) or Heal DC 15:
The smoke is from a drug called flayleaf that can induce a pathetic state of fatigue or inebriation

Round 1: Initiative
8: Inkita 50/52, 1 negative level
5: Krunch 71/75 hp
0: End of round
21: Theodric

- - -
17: Human
- - -
14: Ezren
- - -
9: Undead
9: Green 5 temporary hp
- - -

Bold can act

Knowledge (Religion) roll for Monster knowledge

DC 14:
These are some kind of wights. You know the standard stuff about them[/url]

DC 19:
The wights have been infused with flayleaf, giving them a breath weapon that can reduce your resolve while making you fatigued just as if you would have smoked flayleaf (Wis damage + fatigue)

DC 24:
You notice flayleaf being stitched inside them. It seems that they will explode in a burst of rotten flayleaf litter when destroyed. This would expose everyone adjacent to them to an effect similar to their breath weapon.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

Know-Religion+Monstrous insight: 1d20 + 17 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 17 + 9 = 38

Inkita yells to the others...
"The wights have been infused with flayleaf, giving them a breath weapon that can reduce one's resolve while making them fatigued ... Look! The flayleaf seems to be stitched inside them. It seems that they will explode in a burst of rotten flayleaf litter when destroyed. This will expose everyone adjacent to them to an effect similar to their breath weapon. Stay back if you can!"

Mostrous Insight vs Green= Inkita gains a +2 insight bonus for 1 minute on attack rolls made against that creature and a +2 insight bonus to her AC against attacks made by that creature.

and she takes a 5ft step back using her spear as a defensive weapon...

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 33/ touch 18/ ff 30; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Theodric takes a 5-foot step and first attempts to knock the man against the counter with a shield slam:

Full-attack
Shield Bash, Two-Weapon Fighting: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 bludgeoning damage. [if CMD is 22 or less, the man bounces against the counter and falls prone - I will wait to hear the result on that before posting the rest of my full-attack routine]


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Inkita, I assume you take the full defense action?

The man takes the shield against his chest with confidence and does not budge even an inch.

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 71/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

Heedless of the danger warned by Inkita, Krunch lunges for the wight closest to him.

Grapple: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

Getting a solid hold of the undead, he shifts his weight to reposition his opponent.

Using move action to grab body shield with martial flexibility. If one of the other wights attack Krunch he'll use his grappled wight as cover.

Immediate Grapple for Cover: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 33/ touch 18/ ff 30; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.
GMG wrote:
The man takes the shield against his chest with confidence and does not budge even an inch.

Impressed by the man's fighting skills, Theodric finishes with a series of swipes with the falcata to keep the man and his short sword away from Theodric's ribs.

+1 Keen Falcata, TWF end of full-attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22 for 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18, and 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 for 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14.


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Theodric follows up with two more slashes, the first one hits and the Varisian evades the second slash. Inkita decides that she is better of defending and Krunch hugs one of the undead. The Varisian slashes twice with his shortsword in the general direction of Theodric. He easily dodges. The man takes another step back and shouts "Elbie, I could use some help here!"

Round 2: Initiative
14: Ezren

- - -
9: Undead
9: Green 5 temporary hp
9: Blue grappled by Krunch
- - -
8: Inkita 50/52, 1 negative level, full defense, +2 AC vs green
5: Krunch 71/75 hp, grappling cover, grappling blue
0: End of round
21: Theodric
- - -
17: Human: -25 hp

Bold can act


EZREN hp 58/58| AC 17, t16, ff13) | fort +8 refl +6, will +8 | bab 3, melee 3, ranged 5 | cmb 3 cmd 18 | init +2 | wmm 50 human wizard/7
skills:
appraise 15, fly 12, kn arcane 15, know history 15, know nature 15, know planes 15, ling 15, perc 1, spellcrft 15

Ezren casts and centers a fireball against the side wall of the room, catching all four undead in its midst. put a red mark on the map where it's centered... should miss all party members and catch all four undead

fireball, reflex dc 20 for half: 7d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 6, 6, 5, 6, 4) = 38


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

JafO, please mark the spells that you cast:when you cast fireball. You can take other actions or specify that you use your arcane bond to cast fireball.


EZREN hp 58/58| AC 17, t16, ff13) | fort +8 refl +6, will +8 | bab 3, melee 3, ranged 5 | cmb 3 cmd 18 | init +2 | wmm 50 human wizard/7
skills:
appraise 15, fly 12, kn arcane 15, know history 15, know nature 15, know planes 15, ling 15, perc 1, spellcrft 15

sorry, yes using arcane bond to cast fireball


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Thanks, that was a great fireball btw

Reflex Black: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Reflex Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Reflex Blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Reflex Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Did not bother to adjust for grapple because he failed anyway
Fort Krunch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Elbie Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Ezren conjures a conflagration that engulfs the undead, killing them all! Like Inkita warned the wights explode in a blast of flayleaf litter, which does not bother Krunch at all. The human sees the blast and he shouts more urgently to the back "Elbie, now!"

Round 2 Initiative
8: Inkita 50/52, 1 negative level
5: Krunch 71/75 hp,
0: End of round
21: Theodric

- - -
17: Human: -25 hp
17: Elbie
- - -
14: Ezren

Bold can act

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

so the wights on the map are all dead?


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger
Inkita Spiritfriend wrote:
so the wights on the map are all dead?

Which wights ;-) Thanks!

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 33/ touch 18/ ff 30; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Theodric attempts to settle this fight once and for all.

Disarm, including: Improved Disarm, Greater Disarm, Strong Swing, Buckler Catch with +1 shield: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (10) + 25 = 35
Weapon lands 15 feet in random direction (1 being towards the east): 1d8 ⇒ 8 (lands 15 ft. to northeast)

Theodric flings the man's weapon away with his buckler with a quick flick of the wrist, then brings his shield arm back in a roundhouse to smash it in the man's face and knock him on the counter.

Shield Slam: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 for 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 damage.
Confirm crit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 for 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 damage.

(man prone on ground in front of Theodric; Shield Slam states that you can move with the target if you have the movement for it; if Theodric can't do that due to his full attack routine, he activates Quickrunner's Shirt to do so)

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

Inkita targets Theodrics foe with an Evil Eye Hex affecting his defenses...DC 19 WIL to reduce to 1 round, -2 to his AC
and takes a 5 ft closer...

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 71/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

With his opponent burned to ashes, Krunch rushes the fallen shopkeeper and gives him a swift kick.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

On his back the varisian man sighs and puts up his hands "Ok, ok I will surrender. No need to bother yourself with me, it is probably the boss you want anyway..."

A varisian woman comes from behind the cupboards, she also has a short sword in her hands and drops it when she sees the scene. "Oh Crick, what have you done now. Forgive him please?" she asks you.

Out of initiative, I assume you either accept their surrender or kick them senseless

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

"By all rights your lives should be forfeit to us for your treacherous and cowardly attack upon us... with undead no less! We would be willing to forgive some of your evil actions if you bring us to your 'boss' so we may speak. If you try to deceive us in anyway my good friends here will ensure you hurt no one else ever again." Inkita says angry at first but finishes in a more diplomatic voice hoping to reason with the fallen foes...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 33/ touch 18/ ff 30; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Theodric gathers all their weapons as they surrender to Inkita...


EZREN hp 58/58| AC 17, t16, ff13) | fort +8 refl +6, will +8 | bab 3, melee 3, ranged 5 | cmb 3 cmd 18 | init +2 | wmm 50 human wizard/7
skills:
appraise 15, fly 12, kn arcane 15, know history 15, know nature 15, know planes 15, ling 15, perc 1, spellcrft 15

"It's good you surrendered, we have no need to kill you now... As my companions have said, take us to your boss now."

diplo aid, dc 10: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 33/ touch 18/ ff 30; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

"Crick? is that the gentleman's name? an impressive swordsman I must say... well done on hiring him; your store is well defended. And you, milady? what be thy name?"


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

"I am Elbie. You can do with us what you want, but we won't take you downstairs. I will point the way, but the master and his niece have made it very clear what they would do to us if we would venture down there. Believe me, being dead or having one's body used as a mindless undead is nothing compared to that..."

She leads you to the next room. In the center of this room, a long table bears a confusing mess of stains, a glass of red wine, and a half-eaten bag of peanuts. A huge oil-on-velvet painting of woman in varying states of decay covers much of the eastern wall.

The woman shows you a secret trapdoor in the floor.

DC 10 Knowledge (religion):
The woman in the painting is Urgathoa

GM secrets:
6d20 ⇒ (20, 1, 6, 5, 15, 18) = 65

Loot:
In the shop (and on the two humans) you find
2* potion of invisibility
4* alchemist’s fire (2)
2* +1 mithral chain shirt - Spellcraft DC 18 to identify
2* +1 short sword - Spellcraft DC 18 to identify
8* masterwork darts (4)
2* belt of incredible dexterity +2
1* death’s head talisman (can control attuned non- - Spellcraft DC 24 to identify
2* antitoxin
2* thieves’ tools
1* wand of inflict light wounds with 20 charges

Do you go down?

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 33/ touch 18/ ff 30; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

"Elbie and Crick: go to the Freemen and tell them you're assisting the Varisian Merchant and the Pathfinders with their investigation. Stay there until we come back. Here's some money for food, drinking and lodging [5gp each]. Don't give your real name, and try to keep to that establishment. Even better if you keep to your rooms... Pack whatever you need for a week-long journey, but don't pack too heavy... my caravan can provide you whatever you need. I'll take you out of Kaer Maga and relocate you somewhere else. Don't reach out for family or loved ones: go straight to the Freemen's tavern. I will make sure everyone in your families receive word of your new job as caravan guards. Don't worry, you're not slaves, and will be free to leave whenever you want. I'm just providing you with a plausible means of escape. Hope you like traveling!"


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

"Thank you! We did not expect this and will work to pay of our debt."


EZREN hp 58/58| AC 17, t16, ff13) | fort +8 refl +6, will +8 | bab 3, melee 3, ranged 5 | cmb 3 cmd 18 | init +2 | wmm 50 human wizard/7
skills:
appraise 15, fly 12, kn arcane 15, know history 15, know nature 15, know planes 15, ling 15, perc 1, spellcrft 15

spellcraft dc 18 chain shirts: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

spellcraft dc 18 short swords: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

spellcraft dc 24 talisman: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

After identifying the three items, Ezren takes one of the belts... "If no one objects, I wouldn't mind being a bit more dodgy."

"Shall we descend then? And nice handling of the situation, Theo... you treated them well, and gave them a way out of their troubles, hopefully without repercussions."


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Sorry Ezren, you identified everything by taking 10. Was sloppy editing from my end.

The stone staircase beneath the trapdoor doubles back on itself as it stretches deep below surface level. A stone wall divided by a pair of doors faces the foot of the stairs, with a single door each on the east and west walls. Two human skulls rest on identical shelves on either side of the double doors. You carefully enter the room.

If you have a weapon drawn:
The two skulls speak in unison: “Lay down your weapons and enter peacefully into the realm of the twice-born!”

Options are: West, North, South

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

Inkita grabs the looted healstick and motions to the others wondering if she needs to use it on her companions before they continue.

Following the others down the stone staircase she hears the voices command and ponders if she should drop her spear. She watches Theodric to see what he does.


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Inkita, you might want to examine that wand once more before you call it a healstick. Last time I checked there were no dhampirs in this company.

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 71/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

#dhampirlivesmatter

Krunch, having no weapons, hear no voices.

Also, I'm in the middle of a move so I might be a bit slow to post in the next couple days. Please NPC Krunch as necessary.


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

When you four came down from the stairs you all heard the two skulls speak in unison: “Lay down your weapons and enter peacefully into the realm of the twice-born!”


EZREN hp 58/58| AC 17, t16, ff13) | fort +8 refl +6, will +8 | bab 3, melee 3, ranged 5 | cmb 3 cmd 18 | init +2 | wmm 50 human wizard/7
skills:
appraise 15, fly 12, kn arcane 15, know history 15, know nature 15, know planes 15, ling 15, perc 1, spellcrft 15

Ezren complies with only a little hesitance, laying down his dagger and his crossbow, not really needing them much anyway.

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 33/ touch 18/ ff 30; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Theodric did not have his sword out, having sheathed it during peace talks with Elbie and Crick. He goes back upstairs, telling the others, "Ok guys, you wait here - I'll go tell the boss that he can only come down with no weapon..."

A minute later, a smiling, unarmed Varisian Merchant comes down the stairs. "Ah!! ma friends-a! thankayou fora waiting-a! Theodric-a, ma gooda lad-a upstairsa, tolda me-a you were-a all-a waiting-a patiently here! Thankayou, loyal-a and-a mosta valued-a employeesz-a!!! Now, come-a mah precioussa friendsa!!! I have-a two dozen skeletons-a to purchase-a to power our-a galley back home-ah to Riddleport!!!"

[Falcata in Handy Haversack; Buckler blended as part of disguise as if he's carrying a leather-bound ledger in his left hand, ready to make purchases...]

Disguise: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36


Shackles | Silverhex | Stranger

Nothing happens, you have three doors to choose from.

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 33/ touch 18/ ff 30; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Theodric goes to the south door...

201 to 243 of 243 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's PbP: 5-18 The Stranger Within All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.