Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GMG's PbP: 5-18 The Stranger Within (7-9 4player)

Game Master Magabeus

Maps


101 to 131 of 131 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Fallen Fortress | Shackles | Stranger

It is a chest high fence that you can reach over, give me a stealth check while one of the others can try to distract using bluff

The pegasus fixes it's eyes on Krunch as if it is encouraging him.

Knowledge Arcana DC 13:
Pegasi have constant detect evil and detect good.

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 75/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

Krunch isn't terribly sneaky. Can he have Mr. Pinchy do it?

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Theodric drops his accent completely. "Here inside the tent I can drop the act as we're away from all the cutthroats that have been waiting to kill you for your pegasus. Now listen, lady. Here's a word of advice from an actual merchant. I have traveled Avistan far and wide, and to rush a deal like this only indicates that you've acquired the said good by... let's say... unconventional ways. How about you consider giving me a deep, DEEEEEEEP discount so that I can move the merchandise for you AWAY from all those prying eyes in short order..." Theodric places a hand on his falcata's pommel for effect. "This is my first and last offer, so think about your next words very carefully."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 (additional +2 if she's a lycanthrope; Prince of Wolves boon)

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

Inkita will pause to see if Theodric's gambit pays off, if not she will move into inspect the beast.


Fallen Fortress | Shackles | Stranger

"You make a convincing case sir. I will be cutting my own throat and have my children weeping why they won't have food. Still, I will give you a huge discount and sell, no almost give, you the beast for a mere two and a half thousand gold sovereigns." 2500 gp

Krunch, you can have mr Pinchy try. Roll me a stealth for him. Or are you waiting for what's happening inside the tent?


EZREN hp 58/58| AC 16, t15, ff13) | fort +8 refl +6, will +8 | bab 3, melee 3, ranged 5 | cmb 3 cmd 18 | init +2 | wmm 50 human wizard/7
skills:
appraise 15, fly 12, kn arcane 15, know history 15, know nature 15, know planes 15, ling 15, perc 1, spellcrft 15

Since it's all ropes, not chains with locks, that bind the pegasus, Ezren will cast mage hand and start untying knots... beginning with the hobble, and working up to the wing bindings next... muzzle last.


Fallen Fortress | Shackles | Stranger

Krunch sees the ropes slowly unbinding...

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 75/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

Krunch isn't going to try anything if there's somebody watching him. Mr. Pinchy is much sneakier.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

"Lady, we have a deal. I'm not about to draw blood or take a life over such a reasonable amount. You have made the right decision." Theodric takes his hand off his sword and extends it across the table to shake hers. Theodric hands her the money.

Do you guys want to split four ways and take 625gp each off your character sheet or do you want to leave it all to Theodric to pay? I'm fine with either way as you three were not part of my decision to make this deal so I will not hold it against you and force you to pay into this... i.e. I'm more than happy to pay it all, as it is completely in tune with my character's CG alignment and his devotion to Desna...

Theodric steps out and tells his friends, "Thisa lady-a and I have-a made a deal-a, and I have-a purchased-a thisa fina beast!!!" Theodric winks at the beautiful pegasus, and begins to undo her ropes. Whispering to the pegasus, he says, "Come with us willingly friend; the Freemen will take you out of the city safely to freedom. In the name of Desna I promise that no harm will come to you. For now I will pretend to hold you by this rope, but fear not, see... it is loosely tied in a bowline and will not squeeze your neck: at any time you can dip your head and the rope will fall to the ground..."


EZREN hp 58/58| AC 16, t15, ff13) | fort +8 refl +6, will +8 | bab 3, melee 3, ranged 5 | cmb 3 cmd 18 | init +2 | wmm 50 human wizard/7
skills:
appraise 15, fly 12, kn arcane 15, know history 15, know nature 15, know planes 15, ling 15, perc 1, spellcrft 15

Ezren shrugs and stops removing the ropes himself since Theodric is doing it openly.

ezren only has 35 gp, just sayin'

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Ha, good old Ezren! LOL!


Fallen Fortress | Shackles | Stranger

The lady bows and accepts the money. "You won't regret it, thank you"

The Pegasus easily follows Theodric and you hear the woman say to the man "Glad to be rid of that foul beast, can you imagine that it follows that man so easily?"

While you are walking to the bottoms district you note one of the freemen that you spotted earlier. He almost bumps into you as he passes you and mumbles "Just set her free!"

You realize that indeed the task was to free the Pegasus, so you find a spot where you can set her free. She bows her head to the four pathfinders and takes flight, an amazing sight that will remain in your memory for years to come. Finding your way back to the freemen in the bottoms district is easy. You are welcomed with a cheer and a toast is raised on your behalf. After the toast you head out to Imelda's appartement in Bis.
Was I correct that we have no Liberty's Edge PC's?

As you are traveling the streets, the thick crowds suddenly disperse, leaving only a half-dozen burly thugs and a wiry man leaning against a wagon. He smirks “Dakar wants to speak with you.”

You eventually step into the wagon where black bags are given to you. You place them over your head and you can't see or hear anything.

The wagon winds and bounces its way through the streets for over an hour before you are guided for a short walk. When the bags are removed, you find themselves in a room luxuriously appointed in the Tian style. Someone, visible only as a shapeless silhouette, addresses them from behind a large backlit paper screen decorated with images of imperial dragons.

“You’ve been busy, Pathfinders, so I’ll get straight to the point. I’ve invested a lot of money in the Gaels. If you’re asking me to help you kill my investment, you’ll have to offer me something more valuable in return.”

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.
GMG wrote:
You realize that indeed the task was to free the Pegasus, so you find a spot where you can set her free. She bows her head to the four pathfinders and takes flight, an amazing sight that will remain in your memory for years to come.

That's an amazing and rare Pathfinder moment. The smash and grab or tomb-raiding nature of most missions can easily make you forget that some of the PCs are good heroes... this is great!

"Mister Dakar, we have heard about your great influence in Kaer Maga. Thank you for seeing us. Our mission is not to kill them, but we would like to have words with them and perhaps discuss a new deal with them. If they profit from this new deal, this will be beneficial to you. If the new deal is not acceptable to them, we think that this may mean they have overextended themselves, which may be in itself bad for your investment. Regardless, we can find out, and report our findings to you, and the exact nature of their current spoils, so that you have better intelligence in regards to their last activities... what say you? will you tell us where they hide? you have my word that we will attempt to deal with them in good faith: the Pathfinder Society is not an assassin's guild. If things go south, perhaps you can give us a letter that we can hand out to them to... cool things down... ;)"


Fallen Fortress | Shackles | Stranger

"That is a rather open-ended deal, don't you think? If we are going open-ended, how about you Pathfinders owing me a single favor to be called in at a later moment? Or I can think of something a little less open... it's your call."

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

"What do you have in mind?"


Fallen Fortress | Shackles | Stranger

“The task at hand is simple: Imelda Gael is using her cousin Orphyro as a bit of a shield. The boy has been a member in good standing for many years now and always paid his dues on time. Of course, I realize the kind of mishaps that occur in your line of work, but I would be disappointed to hear he was dead. Spare Orphyro’s life, and tell him he lives courtesy of Dakar.

It is regrettable to lose out on an investment, especially one with such connections to exotic goods as the disgraced Sczarni. Should you learn of more reliable investments that might pique my interest, it would be in your interest to keep me apprised. Could it be that one or more of you have the ear of Trade Prince Aaqir al’Hakam?”

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

Inkita ponders for a moment and then asks "How powerful are these two people you speak of? What are they capable of? Just so we know what we are getting into if we accept this offer. I am sure you can agree one could be foolish to blindly charge in without knowing as much as one can."

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.
GMG wrote:
It is regrettable to lose out on an investment, especially one with such connections to exotic goods as the disgraced Sczarni. Should you learn of more reliable investments that might pique my interest, it would be in your interest to keep me apprised. Could it be that one or more of you have the ear of Trade Prince Aaqir al’Hakam?”

"I don't think I have me the Trade Prince yet. However I am the owner of a caravan which operates all across Avistan, and certain arrangements are possible, within good measure... as for our task at hand, no offense, but could you please clarify what you wish us to do?"

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

In my previous post I meant to say: "I don't think I have met[...]

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 75/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

"Did you mean Krunch's friend? Krunch meets with the Trade Prince all the time!" the big tiefling explains.

Was there a message I needed to pass along or something?


Fallen Fortress | Shackles | Stranger
Inkita Spiritfriend wrote:
Inkita ponders for a moment and then asks "How powerful are these two people you speak of? What are they capable of? Just so we know what we are getting into if we accept this offer. I am sure you can agree one could be foolish to blindly charge in without knowing as much as one can."

"I understood you had a score to settle with the Gael family. Not me. I can live with the current situation. However if you want to know where you can find Imelda you will need to do me the little favor I asked. It is that or you agree to owe me a future favor, to be collected at a time of my choosing.

Mechanically the latter would cost you 2 PP total for the party

Krunch. wrote:
"Did you mean Krunch's friend? Krunch meets with the Trade Prince all the time!" the big tiefling explains.

"Good, I have understood that the Trade Prince is on the lookout for business opportunities and so am I. On that table you will find a mercantile contract to consider. I am sure that as a good friend of the Trade Prince you can sign on his behalf."

The contract:
The contract includes numerous unfavorable terms: a discount on any goods traded, a price protection agreement, promises to buy back unsold merchandise, and formal introductions to the trade prince’s suppliers.

Season 5 goal for exchange was to establish new deals.
Theodric: he does not react to your proposition.

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Personally I'm inclined to take the 2PP, but would Krunch's deal do the trick instead? Krunch's signature may be the easy way out if that's the case, considering there'll be little impact beyond Season 5...


Fallen Fortress | Shackles | Stranger

exchange contract is separate: that is for a boon on the chronicle specific for that faction

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

I would rather take the deal and spare the kids life. makes things interesting.

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Sounds good...

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 75/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

Krunch looks over the contract for several minutes. He seems to count on his thick digits multiple times before coming to some conclusion with a frown.

"Krunch thinks this contract needs more work. The Trade Prince would be angry with Krunch if he signed it. Maybe we could change this and this. And maybe this."

Diplomacy to negotiate?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Fallen Fortress | Shackles | Stranger

A chuckle comes from behind the curtain "You make a convincing case. I am happy to drop article 17 from the contract. The others will have to stay in" Anybody wants to aid on the diplomacy check?

You tell him that you will spare Orphyro’s life

“You’ll find your Gaels hiding in Orphyro’s store, Pallbearers. It’s on the ground level of Ankar-Te, at the corner of Blackstone Shamble and Three Eel Alley. You should be aware that Imelda Gael is an accomplished alchemist, and she sells a drug called flayleaf that can induce a pathetic state of fatigue or inebriation. She’s also benefited from combat training with the Freemen for several months. Her cousin Orphyro is a necromancer. Just yesterday he purchased the bodies of some deceased Brothers of the Seal—a bit excessive for creating household servants if you ask me.

Where to after this? The apartment in Bis or the store in Ankar-Te?

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

"Those are good points Krunch. However there still may be some issues with the current status of the contract.Are there other non deal breaker issues you could re-look?" Inkita says trying to influence the man.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male Human CG Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 9 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 76/76, F+10, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Theodric proposes to visit the apartment in Bis first.


EZREN hp 58/58| AC 16, t15, ff13) | fort +8 refl +6, will +8 | bab 3, melee 3, ranged 5 | cmb 3 cmd 18 | init +2 | wmm 50 human wizard/7
skills:
appraise 15, fly 12, kn arcane 15, know history 15, know nature 15, know planes 15, ling 15, perc 1, spellcrft 15

"Why the apartment, when we know they are at the store? If we do the apartment first, they could have moved on by the time we get to the store. Not that I'm unwilling, just curious as to your reasoning."

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +9/ Diplomacy +17/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+17/Spellcraft+15/Heal+11/SM+6/Survival+9; Arcana +16*/Geo+12*/History +13*/Local +13*
Lore Shaman 9 (HP:57/57)(AC:21 FF:18 T:14)(F:+7 R:+9 W:+14)(Init:+5)(Perception:+18)

"Sound logic Ezren. If we go to the store first and either miss them or they elude us they may go to the apartment to hide and we already know that location. I suggest go to the store first and if that fails go to the apartment afterwards."

101 to 131 of 131 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's PbP: 5-18 The Stranger Within All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.