Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GMG's PbP: 5-18 The Stranger Within (7-9 4player) (Inactive)

Game Master Magabeus

Maps


1 to 50 of 366 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

You are in a tavern in Korvosa, enjoying a welcome rest after your previous missions. It seems several other pathfinder agents have also chosen this place as a place to get some rest before they head back to Absalom.

One morning, after you have broken your fast you head back to your room to get your coat before heading out into the city. You immediately notice the letter on your pillow. Your room is still locked and everything seems to be in the same place as you left it.


.


GoM//Glass WotW Maps//WOGH Map //

..

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 16 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask x14; Holy Water x4, ; Arrows: 58
Male NG Human (Taldan)
if buffed:
**Init +7; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +10, AC 29/ touch 19/ ff 22; hp 59/59+ablative barrier, F+10, R+15, W+5**
Alchemist (Grenadier) 7 - Init +2; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +11, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 19; hp 59/59, F+10, R+10, W+6, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 6/12

...

Shadow Lodge

Male human [Shoanti] cavalier 10

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 16 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask x14; Holy Water x4, ; Arrows: 58
Male NG Human (Taldan)
if buffed:
**Init +7; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +10, AC 29/ touch 19/ ff 22; hp 59/59+ablative barrier, F+10, R+15, W+5**
Alchemist (Grenadier) 7 - Init +2; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +11, AC 21/ touch 13/ ff 19; hp 59/59, F+10, R+10, W+6, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 6/12

If we're going high can I bring my psychic 10?

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 56/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

Considering it's a 5-9, no. =P

Also it turns out my cavalier is 10. I'll be bringing the rogue after all.

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 10 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 84/84, F+11, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Ok... will most likely play my fighter 9 then...

@GMG: please kick out my Ellismus toon out of the character list.. I will use Theodric instead. Thanks!

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 10 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 84/84, F+11, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

PC updated and ready; cheers!


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

The opening post is there, so you can start whenever you are ready...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 56/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

After carefully reading the note (it takes the big tiefling several minutes), Krunch comes bounding down the hallway to pound on the doors of his companions. "Wake up friends! Krunch got a secret message!"

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +8/ Diplomacy +19/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+22/Spellcraft+19/Heal+14/SM+11/Survival+12; Arcana +19*/Geo+12*/History +15*/Local +15*
Lore Shaman 12 (HP:87/87)(AC:23/FF:20/T:14)(F:+9 R:+11 W:+19)(Init:+5)(Perception:+22)

A tribal looking female with a white owl perched on her shoulder come out of a room looking rather annoyed. Earlier in the day she had introduced herself as Inkita Spirit-friend. Inkita looks over the note after being disturbed by the tiefling during her spirit commune time, hence the look on her face."It seems we are to prevent an assassination attempt against Guaril Karela, who appears to be the head of a Sczarni family himself... internal squabbling more likely." Inkita also says "The note states not to embarrass the society in Kaer Maga and we are to play one group against another. That is an area I am afraid I have very little skill in."

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 56/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

The hulking tiefling gasps. "Did you read Krunch's secret message? It's supposed to be a secret! Wait, did you write Krunch's secret note?"

Krunch is a massive brute with obvious otherworldly origins including bestial features, pair of thick jutting tusks, and skin the color of ash with the texture of cured hide. One beefy hand is noticeably bigger than the other and covered in a stony texture but no less dexterous or able. He wears armor composed of scraps of leather and silvery metal that does little to cover up his thickly muscled and scarred torso and a pair of worn bracers.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +8/ Diplomacy +19/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+22/Spellcraft+19/Heal+14/SM+11/Survival+12; Arcana +19*/Geo+12*/History +15*/Local +15*
Lore Shaman 12 (HP:87/87)(AC:23/FF:20/T:14)(F:+9 R:+11 W:+19)(Init:+5)(Perception:+22)

"You did read that last section of the note..." Inkita says and then turns around to pack her gear.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 56/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

Krunch fishes out his secret note and reviews it again. "Wait... are you Ambrus Valsin? Krunch has never seen you and him in the same place at the same time..."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +8/ Diplomacy +19/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+22/Spellcraft+19/Heal+14/SM+11/Survival+12; Arcana +19*/Geo+12*/History +15*/Local +15*
Lore Shaman 12 (HP:87/87)(AC:23/FF:20/T:14)(F:+9 R:+11 W:+19)(Init:+5)(Perception:+22)

"Go and prep your gear" she calls out to him and then wonders how this mission will go remembering a different mission where a rather high brow long tusked half orc tried to to the sweet talking once the group was surrounded and how it did not go so well for her and her mates. She shudders at the thought of that happening again.

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 10 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 84/84, F+11, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Theodric comes out of his room, always at the height of fashion, "Ah, dear friends it seems subterfuge is required. Luckily I dabbled in theatre in my younger days, and can appear quite convincing with a bit of preparation.... the note mentions playing these factions against one another... I would require intelligence on these factions in order to prepare a convincing disguise."

Looking at Inkita's legend lore spell here, ref. "Gangs of New York" i.e. "Factions of Kaer Maga" as the subject of the lore; since we're here casting time should be no longer than 40min.

"But first things first: we need to uncover the factions' relationship towards the Gael family..."

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +8/ Diplomacy +19/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+22/Spellcraft+19/Heal+14/SM+11/Survival+12; Arcana +19*/Geo+12*/History +15*/Local +15*
Lore Shaman 12 (HP:87/87)(AC:23/FF:20/T:14)(F:+9 R:+11 W:+19)(Init:+5)(Perception:+22)

"If we have time to spare I can try to connect with local spirits and gleam some insight on this area and what we may face while we are here." Inkita says to the others gathered. "I would need just under an hour of uninterrupted time to do so." she says- looking specifically at the loud devil-kin.

was going to wait until everyone plays in.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 56/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]
Inkita Spiritfriend wrote:
"Go and prep your gear" she calls out to him...

"Yes sir venture-captain!" Krunch shouts as he barrels back into his room to collect his things.


KESKODAI | sp 4/7 | hp 12/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 12 KAC 13 | fort +1 refl +1, will +6 | bab 3, melee 0, ranged 1 init +1 | RP 3/5 Shirren priest mystic/1
skills:
computers 2, diplo 5, life sci 5, medicine 5, mystic 9, perc 8, pilot 2,

Ezren gathers his things and steps out to meet the others. "Hail and well met, fellow Pathfinders... I am Ezren. It seems we have a mission ahead of us of some delicacy. Not my bailiwick in general, but I shall do my best to assist you as I can."

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +8/ Diplomacy +19/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+22/Spellcraft+19/Heal+14/SM+11/Survival+12; Arcana +19*/Geo+12*/History +15*/Local +15*
Lore Shaman 12 (HP:87/87)(AC:23/FF:20/T:14)(F:+9 R:+11 W:+19)(Init:+5)(Perception:+22)

"hmmmm.... just the four of us. Well then Theodric, I hope your armor is tough enough since you will be the main target up front. Ezren and I will help you two out as much as we can from the back. Ezren, I have heard a lot about you from other pathfinders and we did meet once on one of my earlier missions for the society, but I am sure you forgot about me as I was still very junior to you in experience. Well met again. Now if you all will excuse me I have a ritual to perform."

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 56/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

Krunch returns with his pack slung over one brawny shoulder and a tiny king crab perched upon the other. "And what's Krunch's job venture-captain? Krunch and Mr. Pinchy want to help!"


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

The four of you travel from Korvosa to Kaer Maga. Standing atop one of the highest spots of the Storval Rise, the cliff-top city of Kaer Maga is built inside the ruins of an ancient fortress: a six-sided ring of 80-foot-high seamless stone, stretching more than a half mile in diameter and topped with towers of every shape and design. Also known as the Asylum Stone, Kaer Maga has served as a refuge for exiles, misfits, and ne'er-do-wells fleeing persecution and prosecution for thousands of years, and is known throughout Golarion as a place where anyone can fit in, and where anything can be bought and sold.

You ask around for an inn and a boy takes you to one called "The Sorry Excuse" in the hospice district. The proprietor, a lank middle-aged human man, stands behind the counter and looks you up and down. He does not seem to be disturbed by Krunch at all. A burly half-orc clad in a leather outfit sits on a chair, polishing a great axe.

"Welcome to Kaer Maga, my lady and lords! I have just the room for you. As you surely know these are pitiful times, so I have to ask you to pay in advance, but I am certain that is no problem for people like yourselves. The fare is five silvers a night per person if you choose to stay in one room together."

Inkita, the intro was in Korvosa, ritual will be later assuming you do not want to spend the 1d10 days casting time

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +8/ Diplomacy +19/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+22/Spellcraft+19/Heal+14/SM+11/Survival+12; Arcana +19*/Geo+12*/History +15*/Local +15*
Lore Shaman 12 (HP:87/87)(AC:23/FF:20/T:14)(F:+9 R:+11 W:+19)(Init:+5)(Perception:+22)

Inkita will indeed wait until they get there to do the ritual

"A single room is fine as long as it is big enough. Please send up some fruits and bread and fresh water if you have any to spare. It has been a long journey and we would like to relax and freshen up a bit."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

He smiles friendly "Sure thing, sending up those things will cost you extra though. I will take an additional deposit of 10 gold next to the tariff for one night to cover any additional demands."

He takes your money (12 gp) and shows you a room. It is big enough for four people but lacks furniture, carpets, facilities to wash or even a window.

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 10 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 84/84, F+11, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Do we at least have beds?

Theodric's fine noble tastes are assailed by the plain nature of the room. "Does anyone have some kind of magic to spruce this up?" Theodric's mind is already racing to try to recall an item he might have seen in the past which would decorate or provide magical lodging... he seems to remember seeing a rich Taldan once with a jeweled cane who could tap it twice on the ground to create banquet, complete with pillows, chairs, tables, etc. But he is unsure. "Inkita... I sense that I'm getting angry... if I go to the front desk I will make things worse... could you please nicely ask the gentleman to give us a room upgrade or failing that, some furniture? I will pay for it..."

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +8/ Diplomacy +19/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+22/Spellcraft+19/Heal+14/SM+11/Survival+12; Arcana +19*/Geo+12*/History +15*/Local +15*
Lore Shaman 12 (HP:87/87)(AC:23/FF:20/T:14)(F:+9 R:+11 W:+19)(Init:+5)(Perception:+22)

"Good sir. Are there any other rooms available that are better than our current accommodations? I would hate to have to explain to my companions and to my superiors how you have decided to take our money and given us poor living conditions. Being a shoanti I am used to 'roughing' it but I usually do not pay for a lack of furniture out in the wild. I think a room with beds and a carpet would be better. So if you could do that... that would be great."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Theodic: nope

The innkeeper bows "Ah, you wish for our more luxurious rooms? Of course we can provide that."

He hesitates for a moment "Although I must say I do not care for your 'taking our money'. You asked for a room and I rented you one. No mention was made of beds, carpets, a place to loosen your bowels or anything like that. Given that I am a reasonable man I will provide those for the meager price of 10 gold a person, excluding the deposit already made. Heck, I will even throw in a window to look out of for free!"


KESKODAI | sp 4/7 | hp 12/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 12 KAC 13 | fort +1 refl +1, will +6 | bab 3, melee 0, ranged 1 init +1 | RP 3/5 Shirren priest mystic/1
skills:
computers 2, diplo 5, life sci 5, medicine 5, mystic 9, perc 8, pilot 2,

"That seems a bit steep for a rented room... I could buy a roomful of furniture for 10 gold! Be reasonable, I implore you." Ezren says with a scowl. diplomacy is not his forte


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

He bows slightly to Ezren "Given your more advanced age and the nice lady in your company I will even waive the deposit already made, so the total price would only be 40 gold, including all taxes"

He looks at the Theodric and Kruch

"But if you throw in another 10 gold I will give your bodyguards a spare room, so you and the lady here can have all the fun you want in your own room!" while giving Ezren a thumbs up.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 10 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 84/84, F+11, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

"That is generous of you Sir, I accept!" Theodric gives the man 50 gold pieces. "As the owner of the Avistan Exploration Caravan (est. 4701, Oppara), I do appreciate when innkeepers provide extra lodging for my bodyguards. Thank you, kind Sir." Theodric motions for a few of his men to come in; they file in carrying luggage, folding chairs and other implements of comfort.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Anyone looking at Theodric can see that he is exercising great restraint at the moment, and that his honeyed words barely cover a deep disdain for the innkeeper.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +8/ Diplomacy +19/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+22/Spellcraft+19/Heal+14/SM+11/Survival+12; Arcana +19*/Geo+12*/History +15*/Local +15*
Lore Shaman 12 (HP:87/87)(AC:23/FF:20/T:14)(F:+9 R:+11 W:+19)(Init:+5)(Perception:+22)

"Oh... I had not noticed you come with an entourage..." Inkita whispers to the man as he directs a flurry of activity.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 10 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 84/84, F+11, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

"That's good, dear Inkita, since they have standing orders to stay out of the way unless called for! However for certain missions I like to have people of trust keep watch over equipment and stay on top of my affairs in an administrative capacity. There's no rule that you can't mix work and, well, side-work when you join the Society, dear... matter of fact, the Society has no jurisdiction outside their own halls, and I wonder if they have any authority in Absalom even. That's the downside of having a secret leadership I guess... you can't really expect to have people serve body and soul for an organisation whose leaders remain secret in order to keep their day jobs. So, yes. I don't see the harm in securing trade agreements wherever the Society requests my presence, dear."

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 56/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

Krunch watches Theodric's entourage work with awe. He must be a venture-captain too. Or maybe he's king!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +8/ Diplomacy +19/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+22/Spellcraft+19/Heal+14/SM+11/Survival+12; Arcana +19*/Geo+12*/History +15*/Local +15*
Lore Shaman 12 (HP:87/87)(AC:23/FF:20/T:14)(F:+9 R:+11 W:+19)(Init:+5)(Perception:+22)

"My dear Krunch.... close your mouth...it is far too obvious and you are drooling."

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 56/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

Krunch's crustacean companion reaches over with its larger claw and closes the big tiefling's mouth.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

The innkeeper's jaw almost drops to the floor, but he accepts the money and shows Theodric a much nicer suite that even has a window. The guards and carriers are escorted to the earlier austere room and the innkeeper disappears grumbling "it's not fair when they bring their own furniture!"

Inkita gets settled in and starts casting her legend lore

More tomorrow, have just returned from running Mists of Mwangi at our local gameday. Was a great success as always, love that scenario!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Inkata's Gangs and factions of Kaer Maga:
Though an anarchic "civilization", a loose consortium of groups, gangs, and families rule the people of Kaer Maga. The entire city is a melting pot of citizens from all cultures, such as:
- The Ardoc family of Bis who specialize in Golemcrafting;
- the Brothers of the Seal, who are ready to kill each other over whether they should open the great portal they guard somewhere deep in the caverns beneath;
- the gently whistling Sweettalkers of Tian, with their lips sewn shut to keep them from uttering the true name of their god;
- the Augurs, troll seers who predict the future by casting divinations with their own intestines; and the bloatmages, with the leeches that keep them alive attached to their bulging bodies;
- the Duskwardens, respected rangers who protect the city from monsters from the undercity
- the Bloatmages, wizards who believe blood is power, more blood must therefore equal more power. They do everything to increase the amount of blood in their bodies, becoming horribly bloated in the process.
- the Twice-Born, a sizeable population of mindless undead that perform chores for their masters.
- the Commerce League, a loose union of local merchants and traders
that seeks to foster peace and goodwill in the market districts, paying for roving guardsmen and allowing all merchants to save money by organizing and cooperating in various ways.

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 10 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 84/84, F+11, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Once settled up in their room, Theodric addresses his fellow agents, "First step, hide that Wayfinder and don't take it out in public. Forget you have it until we're out of Kaer Maga. Second, in order to prevent a hit on Guaril Karela - which I shall refer to as Mister Plowshare from now on - we must find him. Any chance your contacts in Kaer Maga could help us with that, Krunch? I have heard rumors that you... might be trusted by certain members of the merchant community. I think finding and talking to Mister Plowshare should be our first priority, as he may be able to steer us towards the most problematic factions identified by Inkata. Thank you for that, by the way, dear Inkata. Your spellcasting is a lovely thing to behold. You saved us days of fumbling around..."

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 56/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

"Krunch's contacts? Krunch has excellent vision!" the big tiefling says in confusion.

"Ooooooh. You mean Krunch's friends. Yes, Krunch will talk to Krunch's friends. They are always happy to help Krunch with Pathfinder business."

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 10 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 84/84, F+11, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

"Inkata, may I be so bold as to request you use your beautiful voice once more to charm the Commerce League into letting us hire a guide for our stay here, one that has many connections within this wonderfully diverse city?"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 56/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

"Krunch knows just where to start!" the big tiefling says excitedly. "Miss Feathers is always happy to help Krunch. She works in the Hospice district with lots of other pretty ladies. Should Krunch go talk to her?"

Scarab Sages

Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +8/ Diplomacy +19/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+22/Spellcraft+19/Heal+14/SM+11/Survival+12; Arcana +19*/Geo+12*/History +15*/Local +15*
Lore Shaman 12 (HP:87/87)(AC:23/FF:20/T:14)(F:+9 R:+11 W:+19)(Init:+5)(Perception:+22)

Inkita spends the necessary time to cast her spell of Lore focusing on the important people and factions of Kaer Maga. During her ritual she is almost bothered a half a dozen times by Theodric's hirelings who buss about setting up furniture in the right way so as to accommodate the group. Krunch's prying eyes do nothing to assist in the spell either. After revealing all that she uncovered Inkita seems a tad weary and sips from a cup of wine as the group prepares for the next step.
"That is a good idea Theodric. Or is it Lord Theodric? Regardless... a local guide would help us out on this mission." Inkita replies and then goes about to see if she can hire a local guide to fill the task required.

Diplomacy Gather Info: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Inkita goes out on the streets and asks a young woman that is wearing a basket of vegetables if she knows where to get a local guide

"Oh misses, if you want to know stuff about the city you should find one of the Tallow Boys! Off course, finding them might be a difficult thing. But you'd best start with hiring one of those strapping lads that work the sheets. They are also eager to do other stuff and they might even teach you a few tricks if you let them do their own trade. You're husband will be gratefull!"


KESKODAI | sp 4/7 | hp 12/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 12 KAC 13 | fort +1 refl +1, will +6 | bab 3, melee 0, ranged 1 init +1 | RP 3/5 Shirren priest mystic/1
skills:
computers 2, diplo 5, life sci 5, medicine 5, mystic 9, perc 8, pilot 2,

Assuming Inkita informs us of what she's learned...

"So what are these Tallow Boys? Sounds like hiring one might prove to be very informative if the woman knew what she was talking about it. Let's do it.. I have a little cash, but very little, to spare to contribute to that endeavor."


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Ikinta tells you that the Tallow boys are informants / spies that double as male prostitutes.

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 10 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 84/84, F+11, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.

Ah, that sweet, sweet free pregen cash! Lol

Good idea... I guess... do they happen to have Tallow Girls too?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Shoanti
Skills:
//Handle Animal +8/ Diplomacy +19/K-Nature, Planes, Religion+22/Spellcraft+19/Heal+14/SM+11/Survival+12; Arcana +19*/Geo+12*/History +15*/Local +15*
Lore Shaman 12 (HP:87/87)(AC:23/FF:20/T:14)(F:+9 R:+11 W:+19)(Init:+5)(Perception:+22)

Inkita scowls at Theodric...

"Let us hire one of these Tallow Boys and get on with the mission."

lol tallow girls

The Exchange

Male Pitborn Brute 8 [ HP 56/75 (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 15 FF 21 | Fort +11 Ref +12 Will +8 | CMD 29* | Init +2 | Perc +18 | Effects: none ]

Was there no responses to Krunch's question?

Sovereign Court

stuff:
Potions: endure elements x5, monkey fish x5, spider climb x3, cure light wounds x1, antitoxin x5, antiplague x5; Heathensnuff x15; Wand of Cure Light Wounds (48 charges); spent 50gp at the inn!
Male CG Human (Taldan) Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 10 - Init +3, Senses: Normal Vision, Perception -2, AC 30/ touch 15/ ff 27; hp 84/84, F+11, R+8, W+3, Speed 40 ft.
Krunch. wrote:
"Krunch knows just where to start!" the big tiefling says excitedly. "Miss Feathers is always happy to help Krunch. She works in the Hospice district with lots of other pretty ladies. Should Krunch go talk to her?"

"A most splendid idea Krunch! do you wish to remain inconspicuous and go alone or do you wish for us to accompany you?"

1 to 50 of 366 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's PbP: 5-18 The Stranger Within All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.