Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GMG's PFS PBP: Through Maelstrom's Rift (Inactive)

Game Master Magabeus

Map


151 to 200 of 228 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Krakos, the naunet is sickened. You are not (or am I forgetting something?
The naunet can be flanked, but is immune to precision damage and crits

Zephyr gracefully flies up and down again to land behind the naunet, stabbing it with his spear. The stab wound seems not as deep as expected DR. Krakos decides to focus on the wysps, but the tiny ball of energy is harder to hit than he thought.

Inititiative
Subjective gravity, see map
Everyone but Octaris and Zephyr take a –2 penalty on all Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma-based checks
Evocation spells and spell-like abilities (and Ember's breath weapon) operate at +2 to DC
Good Hope

Ember - fatigued
Jamila
Octaris
Rhyol: 36 damage, grappled, can attempt escape artist with +12 from liberating command

- - -
Enemy: 21 damage, Sickened: –2 on all rolls, grappling Rhyol
- - -
Krakos
Zephyr


AC22/Touch20/Flat17/CMD15(19 vs trip)||HP57[57]|Fort:+7;Ref:+12;Will:+10(+4 vs sonic,lang,bard)|Percept.+10|Init.+5 Pyrausta Bard 5

"This reminds me of a story I once heard......" Ember says as she begins to relate a story a courageous maid who overcomes adversity and triumphs in cleaning a chaotic, disorderly mansion.....

inspire courage +1 comp. bonus to attack and damage

Silver Crusade

The janni will apply flame arrow to the arrows in her quiver from her oil.


Female Thoqqua Barbarian 3 | HP: 58/64 (70/76) | AC: 21 (18) T: 12 FF: 19 CMD: 22 (23)| F: 11 (13) R: 7 W: 3 (5) (+2 vs spells/slas) | Init +2 | Perception +11; Darkvision/Tremorsense 60ft; Molten Body DC 15; Uncanny Dodge
Tracked Resources:
Rage 5/12; Token of Fury 3/3

Rhyol steams with rage and pain, bellowing loudly. Not to be dissuaded from her task, she tries to jab her molten head into the naunet.
________

Rolls:

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 1 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 12 = 24
+2 Slam (Rage,Power Attack, Grappled, Good Hope, Inspire Courage) vs Naunet: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 132d6 + 17 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 17 + 2 + 1 + (2) = 24 UGH.

Assuming a 24 Escape Artist wasn't good enough. If I did escape the grapple, +2 to my slam.

Liberty's Edge

Disappointed in his friend's unwillingness to come along, Octaris looks up at the powerful Chaos-entity, and decides to defend himself before things go any further, He concentrates for a moment as water pours from his eyes and ears and straight out of his flesh and wings, and suddenly he is encased in a delicate suit of armor made from solid water.

Gathering Power to pay for one virtual Burn, making my Shroud of Water give me a +5 armor bonus to Armor class.


Male Oread Inquisitor of Ayrzul 6 | hp 46/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Kn(Arc, Dun, Nat) +4, KnPla +7, KnRel +9, Perc +12 (darkvision), SensM +15 | bane 6/day | judge 2/day | spells 5/1st, 3/2nd
GMG wrote:
Krakos, the naunet is sickened. You are not (or am I forgetting something?

Sorry. I thought I saw a -2 on everything not mental stat-based checks.


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Dice:
Random: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Rhyol Fort: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 2 = 30
Grapple: 1d20 + 24 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 24 - 2 = 35
Damage: 2d6 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 14 - 4 = 14
Reflex: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 - 2 - 2 = 26

Rhyol does not manage to escape the grasp of the naunet, the others prepare themselves for what comes. The naunet hugs Rhyol in a not so friendly manner. It seems not to care for the body heat of the Thoqqua, who seems not doing great at the moment...

Inititiative
Subjective gravity, see map
Everyone but Octaris and Zephyr take a –2 penalty on all Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma-based checks
Evocation spells and spell-like abilities (and Ember's breath weapon) operate at +2 to DC
Good Hope

Ember - fatigued
Jamila
Krakos
Octaris
Rhyol: 50 damage, grappled
Zephyr

- - -
Enemy: 21 damage, Sickened: –2 on all rolls, grappling Rhyol
- - -

Liberty's Edge

"Now see here, my good Protean, that's no way to quench fire! Let me show you how it's done!"

Gather Power as a move action for 1 virtual Burn.
Pushing Water Blast, Point-Blank Shot, hope vs Naunet: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
damage: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) + 11 = 17
bull rush; on success, target is knocked 10 feet away: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 additional +2 if CMB checks count as a kind of attack roll or ability check.


Female Thoqqua Barbarian 3 | HP: 58/64 (70/76) | AC: 21 (18) T: 12 FF: 19 CMD: 22 (23)| F: 11 (13) R: 7 W: 3 (5) (+2 vs spells/slas) | Init +2 | Perception +11; Darkvision/Tremorsense 60ft; Molten Body DC 15; Uncanny Dodge
Tracked Resources:
Rage 5/12; Token of Fury 3/3

Rhyol continues to scream in pain as her life gets squeezed further out of her. She desperately flings her head at the naunet, hoping to strike it down with the help of her allies.
________

Rolls:

+2 Slam (Rage,Power Attack, Grappled, Good Hope, Inspire Courage) vs Naunet: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 222d6 + 17 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 17 + 2 + 1 + (5) = 32

Silver Crusade

The jann lets loose of 2 more arrows, they catch on fire as she looses them
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Confirm
1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (1) = 5 2nd hit
3d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (8, 6, 7) + 3 + (4) = 28 if confirm


AC22/Touch20/Flat17/CMD15(19 vs trip)||HP57[57]|Fort:+7;Ref:+12;Will:+10(+4 vs sonic,lang,bard)|Percept.+10|Init.+5 Pyrausta Bard 5

Ember's wings buzz frantically as she watches her lava friend get squeezed. Concentrating as she continues to inspire her friends, she casts a spell, then immediately follows with another, the latter directed at Rhyol.

Casting moment of greatness followed by liberating command on Rhyol

Moment of Greatness:

Range 50 ft.
Target The caster and allies within a 50-ft. burst centered on the caster

Duration 1 minute/level or until discharged

Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes (harmless)

Each creature affected by this spell is given the potential for greater success and glory. If the affected creature is benefiting from a morale bonus of any type, it can double that morale bonus on one roll or check, before making the roll. Once an affected creature uses this spell's effect, the spell is discharged for that subject.


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Octaris casts a great watery spell, soaking both the protean and his ally. Unfortunately it does not break the hold of the naunet on Rhyol. Rhyol is not feeling well, but continues to head but the chaotic outsider and sets it on fire! Jamila fires another two shots, one hits and does minor damage. Ember casts a spell

Reflex: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 2 = 12
Burn: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Inititiative
Subjective gravity, see map
Everyone but Octaris and Zephyr take a –2 penalty on all Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma-based checks
Evocation spells and spell-like abilities (and Ember's breath weapon) operate at +2 to DC
Good Hope

Moment of Greatness
Inspire Courage +1
Krakos
Zephyr

- - -
Enemy: 67 damage, Sickened: –2 on all rolls, grappling Rhyol, on fire
- - -
Ember - fatigued
Jamila
Octaris
Rhyol: 50 damage, grappled, liberating command: escape artist +10


Male sylph | Sky Druid 6 | CN | HP: 36/51 | AC: 17 (T:14/FF:14) | F:+7/R:+8/W:+11 | Init:+3 | Percep:+5 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 17 | Darkvision 60' | Resist Electric 5 pdf

Zephyr pulls a rod from his belt and looks to the lightning above. He concentrates a moment before intoning a spell, demanding the element bend to his will. The sylph then twists the rod in an ornate pattern, transforming the lightning into bolt of fire!

Using my meta-magic rod to change the spell to fire damage, as Rhyol is immune.

Call Lightning (fire): 3d10 ⇒ (3, 8, 1) = 12

Reflex DC 20 for half


Female Thoqqua Barbarian 3 | HP: 58/64 (70/76) | AC: 21 (18) T: 12 FF: 19 CMD: 22 (23)| F: 11 (13) R: 7 W: 3 (5) (+2 vs spells/slas) | Init +2 | Perception +11; Darkvision/Tremorsense 60ft; Molten Body DC 15; Uncanny Dodge
Tracked Resources:
Rage 5/12; Token of Fury 3/3

Liberating Command: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Whomp, whomp. I think killing it is going to be my key to freedom here. Thanks for all the help though :)


Male Oread Inquisitor of Ayrzul 6 | hp 46/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Kn(Arc, Dun, Nat) +4, KnPla +7, KnRel +9, Perc +12 (darkvision), SensM +15 | bane 6/day | judge 2/day | spells 5/1st, 3/2nd

Krakos looks at the wysp (not knowing anything about wysps) shrugs and jumps past it to attack the protean.

Just a side note, but inspire courage and good hope both give morale bonuses that do not stack with one another.

acrobatics (jump, good hope): 1d20 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 + 2 = 10

+1 lawful morningstar v protean (v grappler, good hope): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Reflex: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 2 = 25
Burn: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Random: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Octaris Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
More random: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Grapple: 1d20 + 24 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 24 - 2 = 29
Damage: 2d6 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 14 - 4 = 16

Octaris, if you do not have a reroll for Fort DC18:
You are affected by baleful polymorph (CL 11th; DC 18 Fortitude save followed by DC 18 Will save)

Zephyr calls forth a blast of fire and Krakos whacks the naunet. Rhyol does not manage to free himself and is crushed some more.

Inititiative
Subjective gravity, see map
Everyone but Octaris and Zephyr take a –2 penalty on all Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma-based checks
Evocation spells and spell-like abilities (and Ember's breath weapon) operate at +2 to DC
Good Hope

Moment of Greatness
Inspire Courage +1
Krakos
Zephyr
Ember - fatigued
Jamila
Octaris, see spoiler
Rhyol: 66 damage, grappled

- - -
Enemy: 86 damage, Sickened: –2 on all rolls, grappling Rhyol, on fire
- - -


Male Oread Inquisitor of Ayrzul 6 | hp 46/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Kn(Arc, Dun, Nat) +4, KnPla +7, KnRel +9, Perc +12 (darkvision), SensM +15 | bane 6/day | judge 2/day | spells 5/1st, 3/2nd

We'll go for the moment of greatness on this one.

Krakos pauses for a moment. Then dramatically he points high out over the chaotic planar star field at a point miles, or maybe even parsecs away. Then he grips his big spiked club in both hands and swings!

+1 lawful morningstar v protean (v grappler, good hope, moment of greatness, power attack): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 29 damage: 1d8 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 23


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

The naunet is brought down by the massive strike of Krakos!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

DM:
What a funny result to get for me on that Fortitude save! It appears you forgot to factor in the benefits of good hope and moment of greatness - which together, would raise my result precisely enough to make that save! :D


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Octaris: I stand corrected


Male Oread Inquisitor of Ayrzul 6 | hp 46/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Kn(Arc, Dun, Nat) +4, KnPla +7, KnRel +9, Perc +12 (darkvision), SensM +15 | bane 6/day | judge 2/day | spells 5/1st, 3/2nd

Looks solemnly off into the weird sky to that sparkling point he just sent Team Rocket blasting off to again.

"HMMMM." Krakos rumbles.


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

We are still in initiative

Among the oddities floating throughout this chaotic space are several globules of liquid chaos that are capable of reshaping themselves into deadly yet fragile implements at a creature’s command. You can also head back through the portal. With it's guardian defeated it might be possible to close the portal. It is preferable to be on the plane of air when doing that to avoid being stuck here...

Inititiative
Subjective gravity, see map
Everyone but Octaris and Zephyr take a –2 penalty on all Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma-based checks
Evocation spells and spell-like abilities (and Ember's breath weapon) operate at +2 to DC
Good Hope

Moment of Greatness
Inspire Courage +1
Zephyr
Ember - fatigued
Jamila
Octaris, see spoiler
Rhyol: 66 damage

- - -
End of round
- - -
Krakos


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Thoqqua Barbarian 3 | HP: 58/64 (70/76) | AC: 21 (18) T: 12 FF: 19 CMD: 22 (23)| F: 11 (13) R: 7 W: 3 (5) (+2 vs spells/slas) | Init +2 | Perception +11; Darkvision/Tremorsense 60ft; Molten Body DC 15; Uncanny Dodge
Tracked Resources:
Rage 5/12; Token of Fury 3/3

Steaming heavily, Rhyol recovers for a moment. "Let's leave and close the portal! I see no reason to remain any further!"
________
For the record, Krakos is partially correct about inspire courage and good hope. Inspire courage gives a morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm. However, the bonus to attack and damage is a competence bonus and does stack with good hope.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC22/Touch20/Flat17/CMD15(19 vs trip)||HP57[57]|Fort:+7;Ref:+12;Will:+10(+4 vs sonic,lang,bard)|Percept.+10|Init.+5 Pyrausta Bard 5

Ember buzzes worriedly in circle, and peers at Rhyol in concern. "Is that it? Should we do anything else before we try to close the portal? What about the bubbles? I'm so unsure....! Can someone heal dear Rhyol?"

Silver Crusade

We should return she says.


Male sylph | Sky Druid 6 | CN | HP: 36/51 | AC: 17 (T:14/FF:14) | F:+7/R:+8/W:+11 | Init:+3 | Percep:+5 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 17 | Darkvision 60' | Resist Electric 5 pdf

Whatever the team decided, Zephyr takes out his wand and starts healing Rhyol.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

That's 60 hp back by my count


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Can I get actions? Are you moving back through the portal as quick as possible or heal up Rhyol at this side? Or anything else?

Liberty's Edge

Much as he would enjoy exploring this bizarre plane, he realizes it's probably more prudent to head back through the portal.

That, then, is what I do. I'm not sure what else I could do at the moment.


Male Oread Inquisitor of Ayrzul 6 | hp 46/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Kn(Arc, Dun, Nat) +4, KnPla +7, KnRel +9, Perc +12 (darkvision), SensM +15 | bane 6/day | judge 2/day | spells 5/1st, 3/2nd

Krakos slowly (or very quickly, depending upon you point of view) surveys the landscape (such as it is)....

Spends a standard action praying for guidance first.

perception (good hope, guidance): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 27

"HMMMM?" Krakos muses meaningfully.


Female Thoqqua Barbarian 3 | HP: 58/64 (70/76) | AC: 21 (18) T: 12 FF: 19 CMD: 22 (23)| F: 11 (13) R: 7 W: 3 (5) (+2 vs spells/slas) | Init +2 | Perception +11; Darkvision/Tremorsense 60ft; Molten Body DC 15; Uncanny Dodge
Tracked Resources:
Rage 5/12; Token of Fury 3/3

Still in this plane, Rhyol ends her rage as Zephyr's healing begins. She slowly shrinks back to her normal side and lays there, resting while her wounds heal and her body recovers from the strenuous fight. "What do you see, Krakos?" she asks feebly.
________
I am also not sure what else there is to do besides closing the portal from the other side.

Silver Crusade

She is flying out.


Male sylph | Sky Druid 6 | CN | HP: 36/51 | AC: 17 (T:14/FF:14) | F:+7/R:+8/W:+11 | Init:+3 | Percep:+5 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 17 | Darkvision 60' | Resist Electric 5 pdf

"Let's get out of here!"

Can I Move action and then Standard Action to heal each round until we get through the portal?


Male Oread Inquisitor of Ayrzul 6 | hp 46/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Kn(Arc, Dun, Nat) +4, KnPla +7, KnRel +9, Perc +12 (darkvision), SensM +15 | bane 6/day | judge 2/day | spells 5/1st, 3/2nd

"HMMMM."


AC22/Touch20/Flat17/CMD15(19 vs trip)||HP57[57]|Fort:+7;Ref:+12;Will:+10(+4 vs sonic,lang,bard)|Percept.+10|Init.+5 Pyrausta Bard 5

Ember withdraws pen and paper and begins scribbling all she can see as she buzzes toward the portal. "Coming!"


Male Oread Inquisitor of Ayrzul 6 | hp 46/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Kn(Arc, Dun, Nat) +4, KnPla +7, KnRel +9, Perc +12 (darkvision), SensM +15 | bane 6/day | judge 2/day | spells 5/1st, 3/2nd

"HMMMM...."


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Still in the demiplane
Ember, Krakos, Rhyol, Zephyr

Out
Octaris, Jamila

Random: 1d6 ⇒ 4
More random: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Zephyr, DC18 fort save or:

Even more random: 1d4 ⇒ 3
A burst of lightning hits you, doing Electricity damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 6) = 20no save

The chaotic nature of the demiplane shows itself once more. That is the signal for our remaing heroes to quickly dive through the portal, back into the tower.

The roiling incursion of color slows and contracts upon itself, forming a vibrating sphere. Although the disruption beyond its otherworldly borders has abated, the tenacious rift remains.

Good skill choices include Knowledge (planes), Knowledge (arcana), Spellcraft, and, Use Magic Device. You can assist. PbP makes this a bit cumbersome, but I want one check (with aids). Decide who will be primary before rolling and who will aid. You have time to heal up.

Liberty's Edge

Best I can offer as a lead roller is Use Magic Device +16. I can also make Knowledge (Planes) +3.


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift
Scenario wrote:
The unpredictable and volatile nature of the Maelstrom’s chaotic energy prevents the PCs from taking 10 on these skill checks.

Ember:
You might want to tell some tales on the way back...

Krakos:
You might want to read your journal again...

Silver Crusade

Know planes 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Silver Crusade

Well that is helpful, lol


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

We have our first primary! Does anyone want to attempt to aid Jamila?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I REALLY hope we'll be permitted to make other primary checks....

aid Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Oread Inquisitor of Ayrzul 6 | hp 46/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Kn(Arc, Dun, Nat) +4, KnPla +7, KnRel +9, Perc +12 (darkvision), SensM +15 | bane 6/day | judge 2/day | spells 5/1st, 3/2nd

Oh hey! look at that, important PC info I should have looked at about a month ago. Still that's very Krakos.

While waiting to see something interesting, Krakos drops a stone (Yeah, that's the ticket.) upon the ground to test the subjective gravity. He ponders how the stone's 'willpower' keeps it down on the ground. He shrugs.

"LOOK OUT, ZEPHYR! LIGHTNI-! NEVERMIND...." Krakos warns a hair too late.

Krakos climbs out of the hole in space-time, and after a brief prayer for inspired guidance, looks back at the aperture, fist-to-chin, thinking. "HMMM...."

knowledge (planes) (guidance, good hope): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 22

Remember folks, good hope is minutes/level.

Liberty's Edge

Krakos, Inexorable Avalanche wrote:

Remember folks, good hope is minutes/level.

Thanks for the reminder; my aid attempt passes!


Female Thoqqua Barbarian 3 | HP: 58/64 (70/76) | AC: 21 (18) T: 12 FF: 19 CMD: 22 (23)| F: 11 (13) R: 7 W: 3 (5) (+2 vs spells/slas) | Init +2 | Perception +11; Darkvision/Tremorsense 60ft; Molten Body DC 15; Uncanny Dodge
Tracked Resources:
Rage 5/12; Token of Fury 3/3

With another chaotic space time rift beyond Rhyol's comprehension, she throws herself through the portal. Once out, she does her best to aid attempts to close it.
________

Rolls:

Planes (Good Hope): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15

Planes is my only applicable skill, I will aid.


Male sylph | Sky Druid 6 | CN | HP: 36/51 | AC: 17 (T:14/FF:14) | F:+7/R:+8/W:+11 | Init:+3 | Percep:+5 | CMB: +3 | CMD: 17 | Darkvision 60' | Resist Electric 5 pdf

Fort (Good Hope): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

Does my Electric Resistance help?

Planes (Good Hope) aid: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Silver Crusade

Would she get the +2 as well?


AC22/Touch20/Flat17/CMD15(19 vs trip)||HP57[57]|Fort:+7;Ref:+12;Will:+10(+4 vs sonic,lang,bard)|Percept.+10|Init.+5 Pyrausta Bard 5

Ember looks up from her furious scribbling and considers the portal.

KN: planes(aid?): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22

"I think adventure will make a great tale! What do you think about this for a start......" Ember remarks absently as she stares at the portal.

GM:
I remembered. I was going to try and narrate the adventure on the way back. I'll start piecing it out here.

Perform (orate): 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 2 = 25

"A band of varied, but intrepid adventurers are called upon to to investigate deep mysteries....."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Oread Inquisitor of Ayrzul 6 | hp 46/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 22 | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Kn(Arc, Dun, Nat) +4, KnPla +7, KnRel +9, Perc +12 (darkvision), SensM +15 | bane 6/day | judge 2/day | spells 5/1st, 3/2nd
Krakos, Inexorable Avalanche wrote:

Oh hey! look at that, important PC info I should have looked at about a month ago. Still that's very Krakos.

While waiting to see something interesting, Krakos drops a stone (Yeah, that's the ticket.) upon the ground to test the subjective gravity. He ponders how the stone's 'willpower' keeps it down on the ground. He shrugs.

"LOOK OUT, ZEPHYR! LIGHTNI-! NEVERMIND...." Krakos warns a hair too late.

Krakos climbs out of the hole in space-time, and after a brief prayer for inspired guidance, looks back at the aperture, fist-to-chin, thinking. "HMMM...."

Remember folks, good hope is minutes/level.

To be clear, Krakos was performing 'solo tactics' plus any aid he may have been given thereafter.


Shackles | Through Maelstrom's Rift

Ember:
Ok, great. You get a total of 4 perform Oratory checks. Consider this the first one

Jamila attempts to close the rift, aided by Krakos' spell and the Oread's help. The great wizard Octaris also knows a thing or two about the planes and offers his assistance. While scribbling Ember adds in a thing or two as well. Zephyr can't offer that much and Rhyol is resting from her vicious fight with the protean.

Final result 21

Unfortunately the heroes do not manage to close the rift and what is worse is that a chaotic pattern of colors manages to pierce through the portal. The pattern envelops those who were working on closing the portal...

Randomness:

Ember: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Jamila: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Krakos: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Octaris: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Ember, Fortitude 18 or:
Confused

Jamila, Fortitude 18 or:
1d2 ⇒ 2 you are deaf

Krakos, Fortitude 18 or:
Gain 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 1) = 14 temporary hit points

Octaris, Fortitude 18 or:
take 2 Charisma damage

Do you want to try again?

151 to 200 of 228 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's PFS PBP: Through Maelstrom's Rift - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.