Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GMG's PBP: Silverhex Chronicles

Game Master Magabeus

Map


1 to 50 of 276 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Cosmic Captive | Shackles | Silverhex

The River Kingdoms is a tumultuous land of bloodthirsty bandits, treasure-laden ruins, and self-proclaimed kings, and for years it has been the subject of study for Ulisha, a curious and capable half-orc explorer. She has approached the Pathfinder Society through a letter.

In the letter she told about her last discovery, Silverhex, an enchanted sickle used by druids millennia before which she recovered from a collapsing stone circle. She also told about her recent problems with the local nobility, and the bounty they had putted on her head. Unable to deal with her pursuers on her own, she offers to sell the society Silverhex at a steep discount so she is able to pay off her bounty. You have been tasked by the Society to get in touch with her and get the relic back to Absalom.

When you arrive to the room of the Giant´s Thumb Inn, where you were supposed to meet her, she is nowhere to be found. However, she left behind her journal full of profitable leads as a sign of good faith.

See map for journal

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

The undine was miserable as usual. No sooner than he returned to his cool, dark library, Zarta had summoned him again. Not for the usual fun summoning, but for another damned exploration for the Society! To top it off, most of his team were the same lot that he had to save from the troglodyte king in his last mission. Ill have to save all their bacon again, just you wait and see!

He grabbed the journal and started rifling though the pages. "Of course she isn't here. Why would she be? I mean, it's not like we were ordered to help and she might appreciate the courtesy. Of course not.". He saw several leads, and tossed the book back down. •Looks like we have multiple assignments here. Which one to do first?"

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14 / 11 T / 13 FF | CMD 15 (17 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +4, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

As was his early morning habit, Krieger stood in Skyreach’s Great Hall, cup of steaming jasmine tea in one hand and absently grasping his mother's zoic fetish in the other. He was leaning over the Atlas Tableaux, poring over its illusory map of the Inner Sea region as new Pathfinder reports came in.

Hmmm. This report from the River Kingdoms sounds interesting. A request for assistance from a half-orc scholar named Ulisha. A druidic relic of some kind. My mother would find that intriguing.

If I want to get myself assigned to this team, I'd better get moving. He flipped through the scant document and focused in on the administrative data on the report. The reports officer is listed as GMG Magabeus. I seem to recall that no-account whoreson Gitano Frallino was assigned to him recently.

Krieger glanced down at the object in his left hand. Hwang Fei had crafted the small charm out of twined braids of her own hair and a lump of black granite, an abstract representation of a dire bear, symbol of the Bearpelt following, the people of his Kellid father, the Mighty Kuldor. His Minkaian mother had told him the fetish was enchanted with powerful druidic magic.

Krieger was an impressive figure, 6'4" tall and weighing some 14 stone. His mixed heritage made it difficult for most to place his origins. His formal bearing hinted at military service. If fact, he had served in the army of Po La the Bureaucrat, the Tian leader of Icestair, the largest settlement in the Realm of the Mammoth Lords, wedged against the wall of ice that marks the edge of the Crown of the World.

Letting go of the fetish, Krieger scratched his chest through his noble's attire, a gift from Taldor's Princess Eutropia for services rendered. The signet ring on his forefinger, another gift from the princess, bore the sigil of his new, noble house, the clawed paw of a dire bear. The wicked scars on his body, a constant reminder of his initiation into the Bearpelt following, were concealed by the fine silk shirt and satin waistcoat.

"Woe unto the foe who sees these scars," he whispered, a grim determination furrowing his brow.

Dark Archive

LN Elf Dwarf Witch 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (10 FF, 12 TCH) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1 / R: +4 / W: +4 | Init: +2 | Speed 30 | Conditions: None

The day after she'd explored the lizard tower and subsequently ran off in embarrassment, Linria thought of visiting a witch similar to herself just outside of town. She'd vaguely read of the witch in books, with tales of removing all manner of curses, but she didn't care how much nudging or pawing Sayra was going to accost her with - just as deep down below as she had spent her youth, Linria felt a bitterness not entirely erased even by decades of distance.

When summoned for her next adventure, Linria noticed Sayra could not be found. She'd run off, and Lyn knew she was deeply weakened without her. Yet as she entered the room at the Giant's Thumb Inn, she felt her emphatic link buzzing in her mind, and there was Sayra, curled up at the end of the bed.

Try that again and I'll leave you to the wilds.

Stumbling in, Linria offers a warm smile at the new faces - a tall, Tian man with years of toil wrinkling his face, a strange gnome with a slug, and a pretty human who had a magical look about her. "Pleased to meet you. Linria's my name, but please, Lyn will do just fine," she says with an awkward wink. Ah, wait - I know him. "Ashwell! We meet again. Let me have a look at that journal," she says, leaning over to get a glimpse.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

"Ah, Lin, its you again. Well, hopefully we will be as successful here as we were in the tower. Looks like we have several options to try to follow before we locate this Ulisha," he adds, as he slides the book over.

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14 / 11 T / 13 FF | CMD 15 (17 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +4, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Krieger offers a respectful nod to the rest of the gathered Pathfinders.

"Worthy colleagues, these leads all look promising. I would be willing to investigate the mausoleum. Do any of you have a preference?"

He listens to each with professional courtesy, awaiting consensus.

"Before we go, I wish to purchase a few useful alchemical items, namely an alchemist's flask, acid, and holy water."

If available, Krieger will purchase the items for 55gp.

Grand Lodge

Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

Right on queue, with as much pomp and circumstance as a toddler playing in a mud puddle, enters a short, fat little gnome leading what looks like his faithful steed. A large grey and brown slug with saddlebags fastened to its sides and a lead rope attached to its head slides its way into the room, one eye stalk, then the other winking open then closed with a look that can only be described as.. out of place.

"Good day to you all. I am Hanlin, and this here is my noble steed and companion Sunny." He says pointing to his slimy, oozy friend. Giving a tug on the rope to motivate her forward and not be rude. "What sort of mission have they dragged us from our cozy swamp for this time you think Sunny?" He says petting her face gently as he drops the rope and heads to take a look at the notes.

After a minute or two of reading he holds out a couple promising leads "Well these two look good, me and spiders are usually on decent terms, maybe we can get that webbing easy enough. And well this other one takes place in the forest, that's not too bad either!"

He's dressed in shoddy leathers with a large wooden shield across his back and a dagger on his hip. He's definitely got the look of someone who prefers to spend his time outdoors, with a waft of campfire smoke and low level hygiene attached.

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14 / 11 T / 13 FF | CMD 15 (17 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +4, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Krieger can't tear his wide eyes away from the giant slug, even as he greets the gnome.

"Good day to you, Hanlin. Please call me Krieger." He offers Hanlin his hand and gestures at Sunny with the other, "Your companion makes quite the impression. As a steed, I imagine his gait is smooth, if perhaps a trifle slow?"

Krieger gives the slug a tentative stroke, as if it were one of the horses in his stable at New Haven. He looks down at his fingertips, looking for signs of slime.

"What do you feed Sunny? Or do you simply let," Krieger tilts his head and looks the beast over, to no avail, "him or her graze?"

Grand Lodge

Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

Hanlin smiles as he takes Krieger's hand and shakes it with a weak grip, even for a gnome. "Ah yes. Very smooth, like riding on silk!" He gives Sunny a funny look "We haven't completely gotten all of the kinks worked out yet for bearing a rider have we Sunny?" He pats her face lovingly and she licks his with her long drippy tongue in return. She avoids raking the barbs on her tongue across his face, but the sticky saliva dribbles down his neck and sears into the collar of his leather armor, letting out a faint hissing sound. He doesn't seem to be phased and continues on.

"Well, Sunny is a she, she's the light of my life, a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. Always in the same bright and beautiful mood!" As you look at her its obvious, one eye stalk recedes into her head, then the other, then the first once again. Stoic and unchanging.

"As far as feeding her, well, mostly she grazes on plants and mushrooms. She's got quite the appetite and if she's desperate she'll consume most anything organic. She has quite a sweet tooth though, well, not a tooth I guess... more of a tongue?"

Grand Lodge

Female Giant Slug Hanlin's Companion 2HD

Bluuurrrp...

Dark Archive

LN Elf Dwarf Witch 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (10 FF, 12 TCH) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1 / R: +4 / W: +4 | Init: +2 | Speed 30 | Conditions: None

Sayra curiously sniffs the slimy slug, then pokes at its side with her paw. "Sayra, be nice. They've come to help us." Linria bends down and introduces herself to the gnome. "It's Lin. Or Lyn, with a 'Y'. I guess they sound the same. Heh." What am I even talking about? She steps around the gnome and back towards Ashwell. "The Forest of Veils," she says, tracing her finger along the page. Heading to Ustalav sounded like it could be fun, and the idea of a magical lantern of some sort doubly so. "I think I find the forest to be most interesting. Let's hope Sayra doesn't get too scared."

More like let's hope she doesn't *accidentally* get left behind...

<glare>

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

Ash takes two full steps backward, eyes wide open staring at the gnome and slug. "Now, this is just too much. Even Lady Zarta wouldn't subject me to this! Has there been a mix up in assignments? This can't be right," he says holding his head, wincing as he thought a migraine was coming on.

Grand Lodge

HP: 10/10 l AC: 14, T 12, FF 12 l CMD 12 l F +2, R +2, W +2 l Summon Monster I (6/6), L1: 1/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Linguistics +6, Profession: Scribe +4, Spellcraft +6
Female Human Unchained Summoner 1 | Active Conditions:

As the other assembled Pathfinders are examining the slug with amazement (or disgust), the inn's door opens once more and a young human woman walks in, accompanied by....is that a panther!?

The woman, looking rather put out, immediately zeroes in on the rather unusual group amassed at the nearby table and sighs. "Are you the lot that we're supposed to meet here?" Without waiting for an answer, she continues. "Of course you are, nothing screams Pathfinder Society louder than a group of the strangest-looking folks this side of an Absalom sideshow."

Walking over, she pulls out a chair at the table and flops down into it. "Palomia Kasich," she grunts. "And the cat is Relas. I suppose we'll do what we can to make sure this mission is a success."

Grand Lodge

HP: 6/6 l AC: 16, T 12, FF 14 l CMD 15 l F +3; +7 vs. posion/petrification, R +4, W +0; +1 vs. enchantment l Electricity Resistance 5 l Init +2 l Senses: Darkvision, Perception +4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6, Diplomacy +4, Kn. Planes +2, Stealth +6
Male Agathion Unchained Eidolon 1 | Active Condtions:

"Aw Palo, don't be such a grump," the cat suddenly rumbles, much to the surprise of several on-lookers. "It'll be fine! Most of them look like they already know some stuff about fighting and missions and all, so I'm sure we'll be in good hands!"

He pads over next to the table and sits, much like a dog might. "So...I'm Relas! It's nice to meet you all," he says politely. "I'm Palo's friend and uh...bodyguard, you could say!"

Grand Lodge

Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

Hanlin smiles and gestures politely at Ashwell being quite used to the stares and guffaws and disbelief. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but we are indeed here for the mission, the same as you. Lets get started!"

As he says this the woman and her panther walk in "Howdy! Nice to see another lover of the wilds involved!" He quickly disengages himself from Ashwell but before he does he gestures at Sunny, who then slimes herself over and hovers around Ashwell, saliva dripping on the floor as her eyes go in and out.

He heads over and offers his hands in a sign of peace to Relas before approaching the animal? Knowledge: Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
There are more important things to obsess over Not an issue Jack-of-all-trades, master-of-some

The Kellid-Tian gentleman greets the two newcomers, "Welcome, Palomia Kasich and Relas. My name is Krieger. We were just perusing the journal of the explorer Ulisha. Our instructions were to make contact with her, but she wasn't here when we arrived. She left behind a journal that offers some helpful leads."

Krieger's studded leather armor creaks as he leans over, handing her Ulisha's journal. "We trying to decide which lead to follow first. So far, Lyn and Hanlin have suggested 'Mists' in the Forest of Veils; Hanlin said he's also keen to investigate 'Webs' in Daggermark; and I wouldn't mind beginning with the 'Mausoleum' in Gralton's cemetery."

"Ash has already read the journal. There are a couple of other options we could choose as a starting point as well. Perhaps, the three of you can help us reach a consensus?"

Krieger's greatsword shifts in the sheath across his back as he turns to the gnome, "No disrespect intended, Hanlin, but I'm not sure Sunny has an opinion on the matter. If she does, I expect we'll need you to translate for us."

Grand Lodge

Female Giant Slug Hanlin's Companion 2HD

Drip drip. Bloorg.

Grand Lodge

Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

Hanlin nods towards his outspoken friend "That's what I thought. She prefers the forest as well, the air isn't so dry there, the air here bothers her eyes."

Grand Lodge

HP: 6/6 l AC: 16, T 12, FF 14 l CMD 15 l F +3; +7 vs. posion/petrification, R +4, W +0; +1 vs. enchantment l Electricity Resistance 5 l Init +2 l Senses: Darkvision, Perception +4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6, Diplomacy +4, Kn. Planes +2, Stealth +6
Male Agathion Unchained Eidolon 1 | Active Condtions:

"Hello!" Relas responds, looking a bit uncertain before raising a paw in a similar greeting. "Um...I actually don't really know about that whole 'lover of the wilds' thing, at least where Palo is involved. I mean, I think it's nice sometimes to go out walking but Palo usually complains that there are too many bugs around," he explains.

Grand Lodge

HP: 10/10 l AC: 14, T 12, FF 12 l CMD 12 l F +2, R +2, W +2 l Summon Monster I (6/6), L1: 1/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Linguistics +6, Profession: Scribe +4, Spellcraft +6
Female Human Unchained Summoner 1 | Active Conditions:

"I'm right here, you know," Palomia responds with a scowl. "Anyway he's right, my talents run more along the arcane than the natural," she nods to Hamlin. "But I daresay we'll both be useful to the trip just the same."

"Anyway, journal entries you said? Let me see..." she murmurs as she quickly flips through the relevant entries. "Huh...looks like one marked 'Mists' is a good a place as any to start. Just walk in, find the item, and walk out - nice and easy, just how I like it."

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

"To the 'Mists' then. Let's get to it, so we can get finished with all this foolishness as soon as possible. Some of us have important work to do back in the library!"

Grand Lodge

Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

Ah yes, the all important library... where the people who can't cut it on the outside hide and read about those who can... He smirks to himself as he gathers up Sunny's lead rope.


Cosmic Captive | Shackles | Silverhex

Mists

Ulisha's journal directs you to Varno, a county in southeastern of Ustalav. Specifically, the Restless Bear Inn is on the eastern border of the Forest of Veils. You travel through Varno without incident, following instructions left in Ulisha’s journal. You see little of the region’s timid peasantry until you arrive at The Restless Bear.

This crumbling, moss-choked inn stands alone at the road’s end. Looming over its squat frame, a dense curtain of foliage marks the border of the Forest of Veils. The sign above the door reads “The Restless Bear,” and it seems to refer to a stuffed bear’s head that lolls upon a flagpole near the eaves.

Knowledge (Nature) or Perception DC 10:
You notice that the head belonged to a juvenile brown bear (a species common to this area), and that having been stuffed long ago, it has begun to look rather mangy.

You enter the small inn. The common room feels like a cave, its sagging rafters clogged with yarn, shabby ribbons, and odd miniature knick-knacks that reinforce its claustrophobic atmosphere. A frail, old woman sits in a chair when you enter. She is the only person in the room. As soon as you enter she stands up and walks slowly towards you, aided by a cane. With a rasping voice she says "My my, visitors. Are you looking to stay at my humble inn?"

Grand Lodge

Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

At the start of the journey Hanlin does his best to sweet talk Sunny into giving him a ride, its obviously a work in progress Handle Animal (Push) DC25: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 4 = 18. He hops up into the strange saddle across her back and does his best to coax and prod her to move. After a few stubborn minutes he hops off, grabs the lead rope and off they go. "Oh well, we'll get there girl, don't you worry." He turns to the rest of the group "She's not very old yet, she'll get much bigger and stronger and she'll learn soon enough!"

At the Inn

Hanlin takes a look at the dilapidated inn and its stuffed bear head outside. Auto succeed vs Nature "Look at that, a young brown bear. They can get much bigger you know, and they are common here so be on the look out!"

He ties Sunny to a tree and heads inside with the group to have a look around.

Dark Archive

LN Elf Dwarf Witch 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (10 FF, 12 TCH) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1 / R: +4 / W: +4 | Init: +2 | Speed 30 | Conditions: None

Never really one to warm up too quickly unless she found you attractive, Linria stays near Ashwell for the majority of the journey, keeping an eye on Relas. He's... It's too chirpy to be trusted. What do you think?

Sayra, on the other hand, marches next to the cat, competitively staying one paw ahead of him at all times and even bumping into him a few times, perhaps on purpose.

Show off.

At the Inn, Lyn greets the old woman with a nod and awkward smile. "Good day. We're travelers from Absalom seeking rest. Oh, and my gnome friend here enjoys nature, he insisted we head to Ustalav despite the endless fog. Something about this hopefully-not-aptly-named Cannibal's Grove place..."

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

Hanlin nods along with Lyn "These cooling mists provide quite a different environment. The plants, animals, and insects adapt to the high moisture levels and less sunlight. The carpets of moss and lichens and fungus we've seen on the way here, and even outside has been amazing!"

He pauses for a moment after being caught up in one of his greatest interests and blurts out quickly "Also please don't mind the giant slug outside her name is Sunny and I'll keep her from eating things please don't let anyone shoot her thanks very much."

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14 / 11 T / 13 FF | CMD 15 (17 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +4, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Shaking the damp from his leathers, Krieger wipes his muddy feet on the doormat. He looks up at the bear's head hanging from the flagpole. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

An odd choice of decor.

Krieger stoops a bit and enters the inn. With a courteous nod to the aged innkeeper, he introduces himself. "Well met, madame. My name is Krieger, and you've already met my friends, Lynria Korudorn and Hanlin. May we have the pleasure of knowing your good name?" Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

He pauses to listen, then asks, "Are there any rooms available, while we tarry in the Forest of Veils? We will cause you no trouble."

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

"Hopefully we won't be here that long. Could you please tell us where the Forest of Veils is located around here? We need to find the Cannibal's Grove, if you know anything about the greenery around this place."

Dark Archive

LN Elf Dwarf Witch 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (10 FF, 12 TCH) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1 / R: +4 / W: +4 | Init: +2 | Speed 30 | Conditions: None

Linria gawks at Mishka.

No one is that polite. There's gotta be more to this one.

Sayra sniffs his boots, then looks up and cocks her head at Mishka. While yawning, her lip gets caught on her upper teeth and it almost looks like a smirk. The purple fox liked Mishka's gentleness and calm. It reminded her of Linria's father.

No - don't. Not now.

Lyn jumps over and pulls Sayra away from him by the scruff. "Sorry. She seems to like you."

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14 / 11 T / 13 FF | CMD 15 (17 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +4, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Krieger squats down slowly and gently reaches out to the fox, scratching her behind the ears. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Sayra."

He peers up at Linria, his green eyes thoughtful, "You have a very loyal companion. Loyalty to one's friends is a virtue."

Krieger stands back up, waiting to hear what the innkeeper has to say.

Grand Lodge

Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

Hanlin watches the little purple fox with interest, as well as the interaction between it and Krieger "Yes very interesting little creature. I can't say I've ever seen such a color streak before on an animal such as that. Quite puzzling and strikingly beautiful!" K:Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

He bends down to one knee and calls Sayra over, his hand outstretched and empty. Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 His words and body language is quite soothing and non threatening.

Dark Archive

LN Elf Dwarf Witch 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (10 FF, 12 TCH) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1 / R: +4 / W: +4 | Init: +2 | Speed 30 | Conditions: None

Sayra buries her head into Mishka's hand as he scratches her. Linria can't help but giggle at the innocence of the scene. "Haha, alright, I suppose she's interesting. Or something else. I'm glad to have her along with me, but we don't always get along." The fox pads over to Hanlin to get his fair share of attention as well. She finds his voice and gentle movements particularly soothing and licks his hand in search of vulpine kibbles and bits.


Cosmic Captive | Shackles | Silverhex

"Oh, I can give ya some food and lodgings for 5 coppers each. Are you sure ya want to head ta Cannibal’s Grove? I’m not keen ta put my own soul in peril, steerin’ yas to such unhallowed spots.”

Krieger manages to persuade her into giving directions. She adds "Beware, twas where the old Famished Shaman worked his blasphemies.”

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 1 | AC 14/14/12 | HP 8/8 | F+3,R+2,W+4 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +6 | CMD 12 | Phrenic Pool 3/3 |

"We won't hold it against you, if we don't make it back. Give us the directions, please," Ash requests as he slides over two silver pieces.

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14 / 11 T / 13 FF | CMD 15 (17 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +4, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Krieger gives Ash an appreciative nod for his generosity, "My thanks, Ashwell."

Krieger turns back to the innkeeper, "'The old Famished Shaman worked his blasphemies' in Cannibal's Grove." Krieger lets that sink in for a moment.

"Please, madame, tell us more about him, his terrible deeds, and the grove where it all happened."


Cosmic Captive | Shackles | Silverhex

"He was a druid. Spent so much time as a beast, he lost his soul to hungerin’ for flesh.They say Erastil made him a bear—prey for hunters. My husband usta tell folks that head on the pole outside was the selfsame bear, but it were bad for business.”

She palms the two silver pieces and bites one before she puts them away "Ya head out of the door and turn right. Once you pass the small creek you go into the wood to your left and follow the stream. That will bring ya right to the grove."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

Hanlin pauses for a moment of thought as the old woman talks about the lost Druid. I'm sure that's not quite what happened, people are so scared of what they don't know, they make up anything.

"Thanks for your help"

He turns back as they leave "I'm sure we'll find it. Us Druids connect on a deeper level you know." He smiles as he heads outside to check on Sunny.

Grand Lodge

HP: 10/10 l AC: 14, T 12, FF 12 l CMD 12 l F +2, R +2, W +2 l Summon Monster I (6/6), L1: 1/2 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +0
Skills:
Kn. Arcana/Local +6, Linguistics +6, Profession: Scribe +4, Spellcraft +6
Female Human Unchained Summoner 1 | Active Conditions:

"Well, that seems straightforward enough," Palomia nods appreciatively. "Do we have enough time to get out there and back before it gets dark? How far of a walk is it?"

Grand Lodge

HP: 6/6 l AC: 16, T 12, FF 14 l CMD 15 l F +3; +7 vs. posion/petrification, R +4, W +0; +1 vs. enchantment l Electricity Resistance 5 l Init +2 l Senses: Darkvision, Perception +4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6, Diplomacy +4, Kn. Planes +2, Stealth +6
Male Agathion Unchained Eidolon 1 | Active Condtions:

"Ooh! Palo! Hey, Palo! Ask if Sunny and I can come in if we behave ourselves!" Relas' voice drifts into the inn through an open window. "I mean, you know I'll be okay if not but won't Sunny need some sort of shade from the sun?"


Cosmic Captive | Shackles | Silverhex

"Ya should be fine, it is only a mile out from here" she says while looking at Hanlin "Ya better watch that gnome. Make sure he aint spending too much time as a beast. Don't say I did no warn ya!"

You go outside to make your way to the grove

Perception DC12:
You notice that the stuffed bear's head is missing...

One mile southwest of the inn, a clearing encircled by stones marks Cannibal’s Grove. Although it is just after mid-day, thick tendrils of mist rise from the ground which hamper visibility.

Crimson thistles have overtaken this clearing, punctuated by a ring of mossy standing stones. In the center, a neglected stone slab bears ancient stains and gouges.

You enter the map at the northeastern corner. Visibility is restricted, everything beyond 5 feet has concealment and you can not see farther than 30 feet.

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-1 | HP 11/11 | AC 14 / 11 T / 13 FF | CMD 15 (17 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +4, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Wary of danger, Krieger scans the area. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

His eyes linger over the flagpole outside the inn. That's odd. *Restless* Bear Inn, indeed.

"The bear's head no longer hangs where it did when we entered the inn."

Satisfied there's no immediate threat, Krieger calls softly to his companion, "Friends, please indulge me for a few moments. I must prepare myself for what we may face."

Krieger walks a few paces and faces away from the party. For several heartbeats, he remains completely still, only the sound of his deep breathing breaking the silence. Then, with almost ceremonial precision, he pulls away the ties binding his hair, and loosens his studded leather armor.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Hanlin inspects the post for any signs of slime or slobber before turning to the rest of the group "That bear head... its gone?" He goes over to inspect Sunny, lifting up her sluggy jowls and checking under her raspy tongue. "Did you eat it Sunny? I can't take you anywhere!"

He sighs in frustration and hops up on to her back, pulling the reins to once more try to take her for a ride. Handle Animal (push): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 SO CLOSE! Sunny takes a few steps and leans over to go back to eating her moss and mushroom salad off the side of an old cedar tree.

"Oh come on now, I think that bear head should have filled you up plenty! Lets go already!" He tries to coax her again. Handle Animal (push): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 And she finally budges off her spot and begins coasting forward down the trail with an extremely happy Gnome on her back. This is AMAZING! She's finally learning!

At the grove, also G: Does this count as a 'swamp' for my abilities?

Hanlin has the time of his life and the ride of his life, gliding across the forest floor on what can best be described as the Cadillac of mounted comfort, the entire trip is filled with encouraging words for Sunny as well as begging the group not to stop until the destination reached. "If we stop I don't know when I can get her going again!"

Once they arrive Hanlin dismounts and takes a look around at the ancient Druidic? site. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

FYI: Sunny has two tricks... Defend and Heel.

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-1 | HP 16/17 | AC 14 / 11 T / 13 FF | CMD 15 (17 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +4, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

As he turns around, his fellow Pathfinders are stunned at the transformation.

The switching of his identities takes one minute.

The soft, genteel veneer of their friend Krieger is gone. This man looks... lethal. His green eyes are cold and flat. His long hair is wild and drapes over his broad shoulders.

All eyes are drawn to the wicked scars across his chest, exposed now by the loosened armor, deep, angry red, jagged rows.

"In the army of Po La the Bureaucrat, they called me 'the Foreigner.'" He traces a finger along the scars. "The dire bear that left these marks ushered me into the Bearpelt following in the Realm of the Mammoth Lords."

This man is a professional killer. If there is more to him than that, only time will tell.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LN Elf Dwarf Witch 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (10 FF, 12 TCH) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1 / R: +4 / W: +4 | Init: +2 | Speed 30 | Conditions: None

"Why would anyone take a stuffed head away? Odd..." Lyn says as Hanlin and Mishka point out the missing bear head.

When the group arrives at the site, Lyn holds Sayra back. "A misty clearing with standing stones. Typical for Ustalav, I suppose. Let's be careful." Linria says as she cautiously approaches the outer circle.

When Mishka returns under a different guise, Lyn is hardly surprised. "I knew there was more to you than you let on! There's no need to hide your true self from me, you know," Linria awkwardly winks at The Foreigner. "I like my men scarred and umm, what's the word," Cha: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11 "Grotesque? No, that can't be it..." She realizes how she sounds and gets back to the matter at hand.
"Well, Ulisha wrote that she hid the lantern under a stone, so stand back. I have just the thing."

She motions with her hands while her eyes turn glossy and green, and before long, footsteps are heard where nothing can be seen. Sayra leaps back in fear.

Spellcraft DC 16:
Unseen servant

"Servant, walk the perimeter once, then stand directly in front of the center slab."

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

Oh man, I haven't taken spellcraft yet.. bollucks! I feel so starved for skills with 4 ranks!

Hanlin eyes up the changed 'man'. And I thought I was f$+!ed up! I wonder if he's a druid too?

Druidic:
To Mishka: Are you a druid shifter or something?


Cosmic Captive | Shackles | Silverhex

Initiative:

Ashwell: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Hanlin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Lyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Krieger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Palomia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Relas: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Perception:

Ashwell: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Hanlin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Lyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
The Foreigner: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Palomia: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Relas: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Lyn advocates care, while Hanlin is certain such a druidic place can not hold any secrets for one such as his. He enters the stone circle.

Foreigner:
You smell the stench of raw meat. Unfortunately you got to act after the effect triggered.

Everybody including eidolon, animal companion and familiar. This is a non-spell fear effect.

Fortitude save DC 13 or:
You are filled with a nauseating urge to consume raw humanoid flesh, even their own. Each humanoid creature in the area of effect gnaws at their own exposed skin, taking 1d4 damage and becoming sickened for 1 minute.
As for the non-humanoids in the area: you will gnaw on the nearest humanoid, possibly your master.

Grand Lodge

Female Giant Slug Hanlin's Companion 2HD

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Bloorp? Dribble, dribble slide...

Grand Lodge

Male Swamp Druid 1 HP 11/11 | AC 17, T 13, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 Effects:

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d4 ⇒ 3 Hanlin's bares his teeth and chomps down onto his wrist, tearing away a chunk of flesh and swallowing it, immediately regretting his decision as he gags a bit from the raw Gnome meat. "GNOME FLESH YUMMO!"

Sunny looks distraught, like a worried hen for her chicks... Bloorp... blink blink.

If there is anything hiding in the fog that seems to have caused this within 30', Sunny has blindsense and will defend her man.

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-1 | HP 16/17 | AC 14 / 11 T / 13 FF | CMD 15 (17 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +4, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

The Foreigner registers without comment the reactions of the party.

He observes Lyn cast her spell and waits for its effect to take shape.

His face impassive, the Foreigner spares a quick glance at Hanlin.

Was the gnome speaking to me?

With a detached, professional coolness, he addresses Hanlin, "Hallit, Tien, and the Common tongue. These are the languages I speak, swamp druid."

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-1 | HP 16/17 | AC 14 / 11 T / 13 FF | CMD 15 (17 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +4, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Init +3 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Seems there's a little delay between posting and the text appearing. No matter.

The Foreigner alerts his colleagues, "I smell the stench of raw meat." Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

1 to 50 of 276 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's PbP: Silverhex Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.