Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Fuzzfoot's GD-VI Session 2 Solstice Scar Std Tier 5-6 (Oct 6 Start)

Game Master PJP

Map & Handouts

Aid Tokens

PC Boons:

* PCs gain a +1 on attack and damage rolls against animals and magical beasts for the rest of the adventure.
* Before attempting a Bluff, Escape Artist, Perform, or Sleight of Hand check during this adventure, a PC can decide to roll twice and take the higher result. Each PC can use this benefit once before the end of the adventure.
* Each PC gains the Nimble Moves feat until the end of the adventure.
* Each PC chooses either the Acrobatic or Athletic feat and gains it for the rest of the adventure. (Let me know which you choose)
* Each PC can use martial flexibility as a 1st-level brawler once before the end of the adventure; if a PC already has the martial flexibility class feature, she gains 1 additional use per day for the rest of the adventure.
* At the start of an encounter, each PC can choose to gain the Precise Strike feat for the duration of the encounter. Each PC can use this benefit once before the end of the adventure.


151 to 200 of 412 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Solstice Scar | Castaways | GSC | GSD | GSE

Darkpaw is unable to get the devil in his teeth, and Peribras just misses with both shots.

Skirmisher 2(blue) attacks with his greatsword.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 nope
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8

The devil attacks Clyde, drawing an AoO from both Dortlin and Clyde. Clyde misses, but Dortlin's response is painful.

Trident Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22

Trident Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 1) + 7 = 9

Leg Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Leg Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Ajir
Dortlin (3 dmg), Clyde (18 dmg)
Anok/Red
Peribras, Wolf (12 dmg)
Skirmisher 2
Vasily
Devil (79 dmg)
Lance (23 dmg), Flash (7 dmg)
Skirmisher 1/Green (15 dmg)
Daniel
Medda

OK, Lance, you should be able to finish this...

Grand Lodge

LN Half-Orc Ranger 6 | Mods: (If Shooting), Gravity Bow 8/10, Solstice Scar Buffs* | HP: 46/46 | AC 21 (19), Tch 14, FF 17 (15) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22| F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Speed 30ft | Favored Enemy Elf +2, Human +4 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Perc: +14, SM: +2 | Init: +4
B.C.:
HP: 22/22 | AC 18, Tch 15, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +7 (Evasion), Will +2 | CMD 16 | Perception (Scent) +5

If the devil hasn't collapsed or gone 'poof' by the time Daniel can act, he will unleash another flurry of arrows.

Actions/Rolls:
Full Attack with Rapid Shot and Deadly Aim. Cover penalties left up to GM.

Attack + PBS - Rapid - Deadly: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 12 for Piercing/Magic + PBS + Deadly: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 9

Rapid Shot + PBS - Rapid - Deadly: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 24 for Piercing/Magic + PBS + Deadly: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 15

Iterative + PBS - Rapid - Deadly: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 23 for Piercing/Magic + PBS + Deadly: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 9


Iterative Crit?:
Iterative + PBS - Rapid - Deadly: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 15 for Piercing/Magic + PBS + Deadly: 2d8 + 6 + 1 + 8 ⇒ (8, 2) + 6 + 1 + 8 = 25


Solstice Scar | Castaways | GSC | GSD | GSE

Daniel, after an arrow that goes way off target, puts two more center-mass, destroying the devil. As it cries in the agony of defeat, it turns into vapor and disappears.

Congrats! This guy was immune to pretty much everything, except massive damage and dirty tricks! He never even got a chance to teleport or call more devils... but I blame that on the initial placement and tactics.


Solstice Scar | Castaways | GSC | GSD | GSE

Once the devil is defeated, Medda has new respect for you and your shared hatred of evil. She offer to heal your wounds to the best of her ability.

As you are recovering, she talks a little more freely. "It is good we can talk, and that I can take Ivvora's hilt back to where it belongs. I fear it has been away for too long."

The Exchange

Male Human 3 Bard/2 Rogue| HP: 29/29 | AC 20 | T 16 | FF 16 | Fort +3*| Ref +11*| Will +5*| CMD 19 | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Sense Mot +5

"Anyone know what that thing was doing here?" asks Vasily curiously. "It's not like this place doesn't have it's share of weirdness, but a powerful devil teleporting in seems like he was here for something...Was he here for the hilt as well?"

Vasily will look around the small upper chamber for anything interesting.

Perception, to search: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Solstice Scar | Castaways | GSC | GSD | GSE

It is basically a museum curator's office. There isn't anything of real interest to you here. (at least within the scope of the scenario!)

Grand Lodge

Clyde:
Animal Ape 6 | AC 22 (23) | T 12 (13) | FF 20 (21) | HP: 45/45 | CMD 25 (26) | Fort +7 (8)| Ref +8 (9) | Will +3 (4) | Perception +5 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes
Male Human Hunter 6 | AC 16 (19) | T 12 | FF 14 (17) | HP: 51/51 | CMD 20 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 | Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes

"Well as I said we'll have to talk to Nigel about the hilt. If it were up to me I'd say take it. Though considering this place's reputation it is probably cursed by now. But if Nigel thinks it is his there might be laws or something that apply."

Dortlin also looks around for loo... evidence.

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Grand Lodge

LN Half-Orc Ranger 6 | Mods: (If Shooting), Gravity Bow 8/10, Solstice Scar Buffs* | HP: 46/46 | AC 21 (19), Tch 14, FF 17 (15) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22| F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Speed 30ft | Favored Enemy Elf +2, Human +4 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Perc: +14, SM: +2 | Init: +4
B.C.:
HP: 22/22 | AC 18, Tch 15, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +7 (Evasion), Will +2 | CMD 16 | Perception (Scent) +5

Daniel lowers his bow as the devil fades from this plane. He looks at the 'thieves' quite seriously, "I'm sure there are laws that may apply, but if it was stolen then regardless of how the museum acquired it, it should be returned to the rightful owners. Our society does not support theft and will assist you, though I must ask why you chose this method to recover the item? It certainly drew a lot of unwanted attention."

He continues, "you said the Blackros Agents took the item? Do you know who exactly?"


Solstice Scar | Castaways | GSC | GSD | GSE

Anok responds, “They came into our camp asking about Ivvora. Medda gave them shelter and told Ivvora’s story, but we would not part with the hilt. The next morning the hilt and the Blakros agents were gone. We tracked it here, to this building.”

He lists some names, none of which you personally know.

Sovereign Court

1/2Elf Cav 7 HP:66/66, AC: 26/T:12/FF:25 - Percep: +4(LL) F:8/R:5/W:7 - CMB11 CMD:24, Spd: 20ft, Init: +5 (If with Flash, always acts in surprise round at init 1)
Flash:
Horse HP:51/51, AC: 23/T:11/FF:21 - Percep: +5(LL/Scent) F:8/R:7/W:3 - CMB:10 - CMD:22, Speed: 50ft, Init: +2

"Probably a matter to be discussed outside with the Society, as it falls outside our authority to resolve the matter - the Society is simply here to lend aid and restore peace." Lance shrugs "I'm from the River Kingdoms where the rule of law is troubled and people fall back on the River Freedoms - 'You have what you hold', now we need to see how the Blakros people react to you keeping it"

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

The crowd of guards, onlookers, and concerned citizens outside the Blakros Museum quiets as Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin approaches a woman clad in furs exiting the museum. “My Pathfinder agents tell me that you are Medda of the Twinhorn following, is that correct?”

“Yes, I speak for the following.” Medda glares at Nigel Aldain, “I have come to reclaim what is rightfully ours. His agents stole our most sacred relic after we refused to sell it. We have traveled through dangerous lands to claim it back, and still he refused—”

“My agents claim they bought it,” Nigel protests. “I’m not going to just give it to you because you stomp into my office demanding priceless artifacts.”

Valsin interjects, “Nigel, let us listen to her story and decide how to proceed. Medda, tell us about this relic. Why is it so important to you?”

Medda takes a deep breath. “Over 900 years ago, a powerful warrior named Ivvora came into our camp. She spoke of an angel named Vildeis who guided her hunt for a great dark evil she called Eshimka. Several of our scouts had recently disappeared, later found ripped into pieces. The elders insisted that we help banish this evil and ensure the safety of our following. They laid a trap for the evil spirit, luring it to our sacred standing stones on the winter solstice. There, Ivvora and the great dark evil, Eshimka, fought a mighty battle that raged for hours. Just as the night was darkest, Ivvora dealt Eshimka a telling blow, digging her dagger deep into its flesh. The creature tried to escape, but it only snapped off the blade and then collapsed on the center stone. The elders finished their ritual and destroyed it completely.

“Ivvora rested with us for the winter before departing to eradicate more evil from the world, but not before leaving us the hilt of her weapon.” Medda withdraws a bundle of bloody cloth from her bag, then unwraps it to reveal a small hilt with a bloody fragment of black metal. “She told us to bring the hilt back to the standing stones every year at the winter solstice to keep evil away. We’ve had to travel for so long to retrieve the hilt, I’m afraid we won’t make it back in time for the solstice. Please, let me leave now.”

Ambrus Valsin contemplates Medda’s story for a moment, then nods, his brow furrowed. “Nigel, you should send for the Blakros agents who ‘obtained’ the hilt and hear what they have to say. Medda, I’m going to send as many Pathfinder agents as you deem necessary to travel with you and your following. I want to ensure we return this relic to its proper place.” Nigel starts to protest, but Valsin cuts him off. “Nigel, you wanted my help; you are getting it. I’m helping you fix a mistake your agents made. As for your museum,” Valsin takes a moment to survey the heavily damaged museum, ”I’m told most of the damage was done by your own security, not Medda and her following.

“Pathfinders, prepare to head north to the Realm of the Mammoth Lords.”

This concludes Part 1.

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

Medda and Ambrus Valsin discuss long into the night how the Society might help the Twinhorn following. By the morning they have concluded that while teleportation magic might take the Kellids and Pathfinders as far as Lastwall, Medda insists that Ivvora’s hilt has lost some of its spiritual strength since being stolen. She believes the only way to restore its power is to walk the same path that Ivvora took into the Twinhorn’s land after the Shining Crusade—and that path leads straight through the Hold of Belkzen, an unforgiving land controlled by orcs!

Society mages gather to transport small groups at a time to Lastwall, and from there, the convoy of Kellids, Pathfinders, and supply wagons set off north. For all their brutal reputation, the orcs have become somewhat more welcoming of caravans at the urging of Grask Uldeth, one of the strongest orc chieftains and the ruler of the de facto capital Urgir. Those who stop at the Table of Ralock can purchase safe passage in the form of special tokens from tribal representatives. It remains to be seen whether the Pathfinders can secure enough.

@Table GMs: You have until October 22 to run Securing Passage on page 21.


Solstice Scar | Castaways | GSC | GSD | GSE

Urgir, capital of Belkzen, land of the orcs, is a dusty city composed of a discordant combination of crumbling dwarven architecture and rickety shelters. Medda has asked that everyone try and obtain tribal tokens, which allow safe passage through Belkzen and protection from the orc tribes. She has purchased as many tribal tokens as she can with gold but still needs more to have enough for her following warriors and the Pathfinders.

The orc tribe leaders you can approach are:
- Blenta of the Storm-Screamers of Rull
- Borbus of the Cleft Head tribe
- Bukog of the Steel Eater tribe
- Gekgaro of the Broken Spine
- Graffa of the Burning Sun
- Kardook of the Bloodied Gauntlet
- Mirtgog of the Murdered Child

The Exchange

Male NG Halfling Ranger/6 - HP 40 - AC 19/20, T:15, FF:15/16 - Perception: +12 - Fort: +8, Ref: +12, Will: +6 (+2 vs. Fear) - CMB: +7, CMD 21 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +6

hmmm. Any ideas where to start, folks?

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Male Human 3 Bard/2 Rogue| HP: 29/29 | AC 20 | T 16 | FF 16 | Fort +3*| Ref +11*| Will +5*| CMD 19 | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Sense Mot +5

"I don't speak Orcish, but I could try and turn on the charm with these chiefs and see if there is any bargaining for the tokens we need. Couldn't hurt to try."

Does Vasily (or anyone) know anything about any of these chieftains to see if there is advantage in speaking with one over the others?

Sovereign Court

1/2Elf Cav 7 HP:66/66, AC: 26/T:12/FF:25 - Percep: +4(LL) F:8/R:5/W:7 - CMB11 CMD:24, Spd: 20ft, Init: +5 (If with Flash, always acts in surprise round at init 1)
Flash:
Horse HP:51/51, AC: 23/T:11/FF:21 - Percep: +5(LL/Scent) F:8/R:7/W:3 - CMB:10 - CMD:22, Speed: 50ft, Init: +2

As above, any particular way to source some info?

Grand Lodge

Clyde:
Animal Ape 6 | AC 22 (23) | T 12 (13) | FF 20 (21) | HP: 45/45 | CMD 25 (26) | Fort +7 (8)| Ref +8 (9) | Will +3 (4) | Perception +5 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes
Male Human Hunter 6 | AC 16 (19) | T 12 | FF 14 (17) | HP: 51/51 | CMD 20 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 | Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes

Lots of choices and no context. Let's go with the default method and start from the top.

"Let's start with Blenta."

Grand Lodge

LN Half-Orc Ranger 6 | Mods: (If Shooting), Gravity Bow 8/10, Solstice Scar Buffs* | HP: 46/46 | AC 21 (19), Tch 14, FF 17 (15) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22| F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Speed 30ft | Favored Enemy Elf +2, Human +4 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Perc: +14, SM: +2 | Init: +4
B.C.:
HP: 22/22 | AC 18, Tch 15, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +7 (Evasion), Will +2 | CMD 16 | Perception (Scent) +5

Daniel shrugs, "I do speak Orcish but well... full Orcs sortove see me the same way elves see half-elves. Like a disgrace I guess. It doesn't help that I grew up with humans."

He continues quickly, "it doesn't bother me though, but as I'm not the best at talking anyway I shouldn't take lead. If I'm needed to translate, I'll happily do so."

Agree, top of the list and work down.


Solstice Scar | Castaways | GSC | GSD | GSE

Normal gather info or know local would be appropriate to get you some information on each. Some GMs seem to just be giving out the info anyway, so...

After spending some time asking around, you manage to locate each clan's chieftain as well as learn a small bit about them and the clan that they lead. You can approach them as a group, in smaller groups, or individually. Just roleplay out the approach, and pick one skill to roll.

Blenta is a huntress, and enjoys training animals. Rumor is she is currently in a beast pit, trying to train a particularly independent gorthek. She respects those who honor nature, and might be impressed by a show of Handle Animal, Wild Empathy, or less likely by a relevant CMB, Knowledge (nature), or Ride check.

Bored with Urgir, Borbus is looking for some quality entertainment that isn’t just violence. He is also in need of a strong drink. You might win his favor with a Perform (any) or Sleight of Hand, or a particularly creative Bluff or Escape Artist check.

Though the Steel Eaters are supposed to be the best metalsmiths in all the clans, Bukog is having trouble impressing his peers. He’s willing to trade his tribal tokens to anyone who can show him innovative new crafting techniques. Appraise or Craft (any) would be easier, but you could also make Spellcraft or Use Magic Device work.

Sent by his Broken Spine brethren to Urgir to trade for maps and supplies, Gekgaro is having a difficult time finding a hospitable place for his tribe to camp for the winter. Rumor is, though, that his clan holds a grudge against Pathfinders. Knowledge (geography) or Survival check could go along way to help him, or the harder approach is to use Knowledge (history or nature) check.

Always looking to improve herself, Graffa is training on an obstacle course of her own design. She knows that competition brings out the best in her and is looking for someone to race. She respects other women who show strength. Climb and Escape Artist checks, or harder Swim or Acrobatics checks could be used to show her the success of her course.

Kardook is in the sparing pen challenging other orcs to nonlethal combat. He hopes to learn new fighting techniques to improve his fighting style and teach his tribe. As a devout worshiper of Gorum, he appreciates anyone else sporting Gorum’s holy symbol or who mentions Gorum favorably. He would respond to Intimidate or Profession (soldier) checks, or perhaps even a great CMB or Knowledge (engineering) check.

Seeking illicit information to topple the ruling Empty Hand tribe, Mirtgog is willing to trade for information he can use against the Empty Hand and Chief Grask Uldeth. Getting some incriminating information using Sleight of Hand could help, or a more complicated mission involving Disable Device or Stealth might be called for.

So, mechanically, you can each make 2 checks against two different orc leaders. You get to choose which leader and which skill to use. Some give bonus or negatives depending on their personality. If you are successful, they earn a handful of tribal tokens and an additional benefit that lasts for the rest of the adventure. If you collectively fail two checks to influence an orc, that representative refuses to talk to you any further.

Grand Lodge

LN Half-Orc Ranger 6 | Mods: (If Shooting), Gravity Bow 8/10, Solstice Scar Buffs* | HP: 46/46 | AC 21 (19), Tch 14, FF 17 (15) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22| F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Speed 30ft | Favored Enemy Elf +2, Human +4 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Perc: +14, SM: +2 | Init: +4
B.C.:
HP: 22/22 | AC 18, Tch 15, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +7 (Evasion), Will +2 | CMD 16 | Perception (Scent) +5

Daniel listens thoughtfully as the group compares notes. He suggests that he could probably do decently with Gekgaro as he has a decent amount of experience finding protection from cold weather. He also thinks he has a good idea of a 'performance' that might entertain Borbus enough to get his aid. Daniel also believes the Orcs might react better to a single half-orc speaking Orcish, but is willing to consider working with his teammates on something.

Before going to see any of the clan leaders he will attempt to purchase several things as 'gifts'. A bottle of hard liquor for Borbus and a set of nice furs for Gekgaro. (If allowable of course: Furs 12g, Bottle of Baijiu 10g)

I'll get a post of his attempted interactions up sometime today if no one else wishes to combine forces with him.

Grand Lodge

Clyde:
Animal Ape 6 | AC 22 (23) | T 12 (13) | FF 20 (21) | HP: 45/45 | CMD 25 (26) | Fort +7 (8)| Ref +8 (9) | Will +3 (4) | Perception +5 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes
Male Human Hunter 6 | AC 16 (19) | T 12 | FF 14 (17) | HP: 51/51 | CMD 20 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 | Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes

"Hello Blenta. I hear you are a Hunter like myself. Me and some companions are passing through these lands and were looking to acquire some travel tokens. I noticed you having some minor issues with that gorthek. I'm good with animals, Maybe I can help."

handle animal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Hey Gekgaro. I hear your tribe needs a place to camp. No one likes sleeping in the cold. Me and some friends could use some travel tokens. In exchange I'd be happy to help you look."

survival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Solstice Scar | Castaways | GSC | GSD | GSE

Daniel - yes, those are fine.

The gift of alcohol nets you a +4 bonus with Borbus, and being a half-orc gives you another +2.

Dortlin strides in and convinces both Blenta and Gekgaro to support you.

Besides tokens, Blenta blesses you with a +1 on attack and damage rolls against animals and magical beasts for the rest of the adventure.
From Gekgaro, each PC gains the Nimble Moves feat until the end of the adventure.

Grand Lodge

LN Half-Orc Ranger 6 | Mods: (If Shooting), Gravity Bow 8/10, Solstice Scar Buffs* | HP: 46/46 | AC 21 (19), Tch 14, FF 17 (15) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22| F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Speed 30ft | Favored Enemy Elf +2, Human +4 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Perc: +14, SM: +2 | Init: +4
B.C.:
HP: 22/22 | AC 18, Tch 15, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +7 (Evasion), Will +2 | CMD 16 | Perception (Scent) +5

Daniel goes up to Gekgaro first. Offering a small token of appreciation (the furs) to gain an audience. "Chieftan Gekgaro, I am a humble guide and survivalist. I heard that you were seeking assistance this winter and thought I may be able to help. I have had difficult times traveling through weather such as you will be dealing with and have a few tips that might help." He shares his knowledge of how to survive in dangerously cold conditions.

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

After that meeting, Daniel ends up running across Chieftan Borbus. He takes one look at the large Orc and says, "you look like you could use a drink!" He pulls out a bottle of clear liquid and hands it over, "take a hit of that. It's got a nice burn." As the Chieftan takes a large gulp, Daniel absentmindedly plays with a coin, flipping it around his knuckles and making it disappear and reappear a few times. As the Chieftan notices, Daniel suggests, "if you like that, check this out!" He works his way through larger items and ends with the coux-de-gras of having B.C. 'disappear' and then 'reappear' under his hat. At the end, he thanks his audience and comments that Chieftan Borbus did his own 'disappearing trick' on the bottle of liquor that is now empty.

Sleight of Hand + Bonuses: 1d20 + 13 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 4 + 2 = 20

The Exchange

Male Human 3 Bard/2 Rogue| HP: 29/29 | AC 20 | T 16 | FF 16 | Fort +3*| Ref +11*| Will +5*| CMD 19 | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Sense Mot +5

Does each individual need to make the checks, or is Dortlin's success and Daniel's work already good enough for the group?

Sovereign Court

1/2Elf Cav 7 HP:66/66, AC: 26/T:12/FF:25 - Percep: +4(LL) F:8/R:5/W:7 - CMB11 CMD:24, Spd: 20ft, Init: +5 (If with Flash, always acts in surprise round at init 1)
Flash:
Horse HP:51/51, AC: 23/T:11/FF:21 - Percep: +5(LL/Scent) F:8/R:7/W:3 - CMB:10 - CMD:22, Speed: 50ft, Init: +2

- Blenta: YES
- Borbus: Likely
- Bukog:
- Gekgaro: YES
- Graffa:
- Kardook:
- Mirtgog:

Hmm I'm a bit light on in skills that haven't already been covered, do Aid anothers count as attempts?

The Exchange

Male NG Halfling Ranger/6 - HP 40 - AC 19/20, T:15, FF:15/16 - Perception: +12 - Fort: +8, Ref: +12, Will: +6 (+2 vs. Fear) - CMB: +7, CMD 21 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +6

are any of you capable of casting Guidance on Peribras?

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Male NG Halfling Ranger/6 - HP 40 - AC 19/20, T:15, FF:15/16 - Perception: +12 - Fort: +8, Ref: +12, Will: +6 (+2 vs. Fear) - CMB: +7, CMD 21 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +6

I've got Graffa and Mirtgog

Peribras approaches Graffa. "I like the look of your course! Mind if I try it out?" He removes his chain shirt and tackles the course, acrobatically diving under some obstacles, climbing over others, while avoiding pits and the like.

acrobatics, Grand Lodge faction boon: 10 + 13 + 2 = 25

Afterwards, he comes up to Mirtgog. "I hear you're looking for information. I specialize in finding information; I think I can help you."
stealth: 10 + 17 = 27 +2 more if this is an Urban area

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Male Human 3 Bard/2 Rogue| HP: 29/29 | AC 20 | T 16 | FF 16 | Fort +3*| Ref +11*| Will +5*| CMD 19 | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Sense Mot +5

I cannot cast Guidance.

Seeing what Lance is up to, Vasily appears on the stage with him, while trying to impress Chief Borbus and aids in the last disappearing act as best he can.

Sleight of Hand, aid another: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Vasily smirks "I have an idea, but you have to promise never to bring it up again..." Disappearing for a few moments, you are surprised when a athletic attractive woman approaches the female orc leader Graffa.

Vaisly (disguised) Escape Artist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Vasily (disguised) Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Vasily Disguise check, Hat of Disguise, different gender: 1d20 + 12 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 10 - 2 = 22

A one on the aid check is my typical luck, but perhaps the bonuses are enough...Not sure if there is any bonus for appearing as a woman, but if so feel free to add in for determining total of rolls.

The Exchange

Male Human 3 Bard/2 Rogue| HP: 29/29 | AC 20 | T 16 | FF 16 | Fort +3*| Ref +11*| Will +5*| CMD 19 | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Sense Mot +5

Oh, ninjaed on getting Graffa. Oh well, mine was fun either way.

The Exchange

Male Human 3 Bard/2 Rogue| HP: 29/29 | AC 20 | T 16 | FF 16 | Fort +3*| Ref +11*| Will +5*| CMD 19 | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Sense Mot +5

Without any real crafting skills, Vasily sits with Bukog and explains to him how things are valued, showing him how to increase the attractiveness of his tribes crafted goods and how to make best use of any magic items they may collectively have.

Vasily Appraise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Vasily UMD: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

I guess I need to just stop rolling. Haven't gotten above an 8 for this whole scenario so far...

Grand Lodge

Clyde:
Animal Ape 6 | AC 22 (23) | T 12 (13) | FF 20 (21) | HP: 45/45 | CMD 25 (26) | Fort +7 (8)| Ref +8 (9) | Will +3 (4) | Perception +5 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes
Male Human Hunter 6 | AC 16 (19) | T 12 | FF 14 (17) | HP: 51/51 | CMD 20 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 | Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes

Dortlin can cast guidance. But it lasts one minute and these seem like extended skill checks. Also you would have to be in the same location as him. Maybe he can go with someone in round 2.

The Exchange

Male NG Halfling Ranger/6 - HP 40 - AC 19/20, T:15, FF:15/16 - Perception: +12 - Fort: +8, Ref: +12, Will: +6 (+2 vs. Fear) - CMB: +7, CMD 21 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +6

it's all good. I wanted to get to 25 while taking 10 on Acrobatics; I realized that just taking off his chain shirt gets him there

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

HP: 31/39 | AC 24 (25), Tch 11, Fl 23 (24) | CMB: 6, CMD: 17 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +0 Kinetic Knight/4: | Speed 20ft | Burn: 2/6 | Perc: +4, SM: +3 | Init: +5 (Wildfire Heart) Male: LG Ifrit Kineticist 4

Ajir approaches the sparring ring and starts removing his armor at the edge of the ring "Kardook! I hear you enjoy a good challenge?" he says after neatly and carefully setting his beloved armor aside, "I could most definitely provide you one" using my daily use of enlarge person via efreeti magic on myself "If you're not too scared that is"?
Intimidate + size difference bonus: 10 + 11 + 4 = 25


Solstice Scar | Castaways | GSC | GSD | GSE

Sorry, everyone. I was too tired last night, and thought to just update this morning, and then got whisked away to another state for the day. Just back.

You do amazingly well convincing many of the orcs to give you their tokens, and those you convince each provide you a boon!

The only one who decided they were not going to favor you was Bikog.

* PCs gain a +1 on attack and damage rolls against animals and magical beasts for the rest of the adventure.
* Before attempting a Bluff, Escape Artist, Perform, or Sleight of Hand check during this adventure, a PC can decide to roll twice and take the higher result. Each PC can use this benefit once before the end of the adventure.
* Each PC gains the Nimble Moves feat until the end of the adventure.
* Each PC chooses either the Acrobatic or Athletic feat and gains it for the rest of the adventure. (Let me know which you choose)
* Each PC can use martial flexibility as a 1st-level brawler once before the end of the adventure; if a PC already has the martial flexibility class feature, she gains 1 additional use per day for the rest of the adventure.
* At the start of an encounter, each PC can choose to gain the Precise Strike feat for the duration of the encounter. Each PC can use this benefit once before the end of the adventure.

The Exchange

Male Human 3 Bard/2 Rogue| HP: 29/29 | AC 20 | T 16 | FF 16 | Fort +3*| Ref +11*| Will +5*| CMD 19 | Init +7 | Perc +6 | Sense Mot +5

Wow, lots of buffs! Thanks! Vasily will take Acrobatics over Athletic.

Sovereign Court

HP: 31/39 | AC 24 (25), Tch 11, Fl 23 (24) | CMB: 6, CMD: 17 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +0 Kinetic Knight/4: | Speed 20ft | Burn: 2/6 | Perc: +4, SM: +3 | Init: +5 (Wildfire Heart) Male: LG Ifrit Kineticist 4

Ajir will take the athletic feat

Grand Lodge

LN Half-Orc Ranger 6 | Mods: (If Shooting), Gravity Bow 8/10, Solstice Scar Buffs* | HP: 46/46 | AC 21 (19), Tch 14, FF 17 (15) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22| F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Speed 30ft | Favored Enemy Elf +2, Human +4 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Perc: +14, SM: +2 | Init: +4
B.C.:
HP: 22/22 | AC 18, Tch 15, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +7 (Evasion), Will +2 | CMD 16 | Perception (Scent) +5

Athletic Feat, Thanks!

Grand Lodge

Clyde:
Animal Ape 6 | AC 22 (23) | T 12 (13) | FF 20 (21) | HP: 45/45 | CMD 25 (26) | Fort +7 (8)| Ref +8 (9) | Will +3 (4) | Perception +5 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes
Male Human Hunter 6 | AC 16 (19) | T 12 | FF 14 (17) | HP: 51/51 | CMD 20 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 | Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes

Athletic. Precise Strike is a teamwork feat. "At 3rd level, the hunter automatically grants her teamwork feats to her animal companion" Does that mean if I choose to use the feat Clyde gets it for that encounter also?


Solstice Scar | Castaways | GSC | GSD | GSE

I would have to say yes, since it is automatic and not dependent on how you get it. Of course, one could easily argue that all animal companions get it anyway since the whole team is getting it. It does say each PC, though, so maybe not. But I will rule that for this table, it does.

Sovereign Court

1/2Elf Cav 7 HP:66/66, AC: 26/T:12/FF:25 - Percep: +4(LL) F:8/R:5/W:7 - CMB11 CMD:24, Spd: 20ft, Init: +5 (If with Flash, always acts in surprise round at init 1)
Flash:
Horse HP:51/51, AC: 23/T:11/FF:21 - Percep: +5(LL/Scent) F:8/R:7/W:3 - CMB:10 - CMD:22, Speed: 50ft, Init: +2

Athletic too I think


Solstice Scar | Castaways | GSC | GSD | GSE

This is pretty much it until the next overseer announcement, but I expect that in a few hours.

Grand Lodge

GM

Lurking... waiting... dotting...

The Exchange

Male NG Halfling Ranger/6 - HP 40 - AC 19/20, T:15, FF:15/16 - Perception: +12 - Fort: +8, Ref: +12, Will: +6 (+2 vs. Fear) - CMB: +7, CMD 21 - Speed 20 ft. - Init. +6

doubling down on what he's already good at and taking athletic

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

GM

Am I right in thinking that we are waiting for the next Overseer post before continuing?

Grand Lodge

LN Half-Orc Ranger 6 | Mods: (If Shooting), Gravity Bow 8/10, Solstice Scar Buffs* | HP: 46/46 | AC 21 (19), Tch 14, FF 17 (15) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22| F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Speed 30ft | Favored Enemy Elf +2, Human +4 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Perc: +14, SM: +2 | Init: +4
B.C.:
HP: 22/22 | AC 18, Tch 15, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +7 (Evasion), Will +2 | CMD 16 | Perception (Scent) +5

I would guess so. Also, thanks for coming in to help out! Any questions about our characters and abilities?

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

Having traveled for more than a week through the harsh lands of Belkzen, the Twinhorn warriors grow excited as they come within a few days’ travel of their homeland.

As the sun dips behind the Smokespur mountains, the sound of drums start to echo off the rocky canyon walls, starting slowly at first, but quickly increasing in pace. Medda turns from her lead position in the caravan and shouts “Look out! Ambush!”

The drumming continues as a boulder hurtles from the mountain and lands on the lead wagon, sending splinters flying in all directions. Clouds of dust billow off the mountainside as dozens of orcs surge from the foothills and chant to the beat of the drums. Arrows and boulders begin to rain from the slopes.

Medda calls out, “Pathfinders, someone is willing to risk Uldeth’s ire by attacking us! I need some of you to meet their vanguard, others to guard the caravan, and a third group to take out their archers.”

@Table GMs: You have until November 2 to run Up the Flood Road on page 22. Encounter G cannot be run until either D, E or F has been completed first.

Grand Lodge

GM

All right... let's get this party started! Archers, Vanguard, or Caravan Defense? Once I see a couple votes in the same direction I'll move forward.

Grand Lodge

LN Half-Orc Ranger 6 | Mods: (If Shooting), Gravity Bow 8/10, Solstice Scar Buffs* | HP: 46/46 | AC 21 (19), Tch 14, FF 17 (15) | CMB: +8, CMD: 22| F: +7, R: +10, W: +5 | Speed 30ft | Favored Enemy Elf +2, Human +4 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Perc: +14, SM: +2 | Init: +4
B.C.:
HP: 22/22 | AC 18, Tch 15, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +7 (Evasion), Will +2 | CMD 16 | Perception (Scent) +5

I would advise not doing Caravan Defense. I'd say our group is best in the open field. I'm about split on Archers vs. Vanguard though. I think we would do well on both. If I had to chose I'd probably say Vanguard.

Grand Lodge

Clyde:
Animal Ape 6 | AC 22 (23) | T 12 (13) | FF 20 (21) | HP: 45/45 | CMD 25 (26) | Fort +7 (8)| Ref +8 (9) | Will +3 (4) | Perception +5 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes
Male Human Hunter 6 | AC 16 (19) | T 12 | FF 14 (17) | HP: 51/51 | CMD 20 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 | Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | 10ft reach + combat reflexes

I've played this already so in theory I should abstain. But based on our mostly melee focused party I think going after archers would not go well for us. Edit: Sounds like a slight push towards Vanguard then.

Sovereign Court

1/2Elf Cav 7 HP:66/66, AC: 26/T:12/FF:25 - Percep: +4(LL) F:8/R:5/W:7 - CMB11 CMD:24, Spd: 20ft, Init: +5 (If with Flash, always acts in surprise round at init 1)
Flash:
Horse HP:51/51, AC: 23/T:11/FF:21 - Percep: +5(LL/Scent) F:8/R:7/W:3 - CMB:10 - CMD:22, Speed: 50ft, Init: +2

"Guarding wagons hardly sounds like the job of a dashing cavalier, lets us vanquish their vanguard in glorious battle!" Lance seems all set on meeting the foe head on...

151 to 200 of 412 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fuzzfoot's GD-VI Session 2 Solstice Scar Std Tier 5-6 (Oct 6 Start) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.