Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Fuzzfoot's #13 - The Prince of Augustana (Std, Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master PJP

Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 1; HP 11; Speed 20; AC 18; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0

"wider passages are nearly always tactical better, especially when you are the one walking into someone else's territory."

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Mind Chemist)/1 AC 15 {T 13, FF 13} HP: 8/8 // Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1 // Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1| Bomb 5+2(1d6×2+4) Splash: 5
Resources:
Bomb 6/7 Extracts prepared | (CL 1ST, concentration +5): Shield, Coin Shot | Spell-like abilities:1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame

"I'm afraid not elf, but hopefully there is something you could find of use. I recommend coin shot and illusion of calm. They're my favorite concoctions."

I placed all of the formulas I would want from him in my profile marked with an asterisk. I'm trying to get all of them, but will remove those I can't get. I won't be using any of those in the session, so hopefully some can be allowed to be done after gold is received for mission. I have the gold to pay for them now if necessary.

"I'm ready to proceed when you guys are. Just trying to nab some last minute extracts for later."

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (3XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

Haska buys one alkali flask, one vial of acid, and one vial of holy water. (50 gps total)

"I am ready to go."

I will look and see what I could use from Shlevin. I will put the ones I want in the discussion and will go with whatever the GM will allow.


Shades of Ice P3

No problem on purchases, but you will need to find an entrance into the sewers still. Options include hiking down to the docks and looking for one, asking around (gather info), or maybe try a hall of records or similar.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 1; HP 11; Speed 20; AC 18; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0

If they spend 4 hours taking notes, I can go and carefully search the docks for one.

Dark Archive

Skills:
Kno (Arcana +8, History +8, Local +5, Planes +8, Religion +9), Perception +5, Profession (Archivist) +5, Sense Motive +5, Spell Craft +9, UMD +5
Male Human PFS#186188-4 Occultist/2
Stats:
│HP: 5/17 │ AC 17│ T10│ FF17│ F:4│R:0│W:3 (+2 vs Fear effects)│Init 0│Perception +5│CMB +4│CMD14│ Focus Points 6/Day

"Since we're all ready, how do you propose we find these entrances? I could head to the hall of records and see if I can drudge up the city plans, but that might take awhile. Were I better with people, I might ask them myself, yes? But most do not seem to like me very much."

He shrugs off the last sentiment with a smile. "Perhaps we can split up while our alchemists friends trade notes, then meet back here?"

If the group decided to split up, Sumil will look for any city records that might point to sewer entrances they can use.

K. History or Prof. Archivist seem apt here?
K. History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 -3 if archivist is better.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) | HP 8/10 | AC 16/13/13 | F+1 R+5 W +0 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Giovanni will ask around town with the professions that might need to make use of the sewer system. Be discreet, friends. We wouldn't want our prey on guard.

DiploGather1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
DiploGather2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

notes for DM:
Presuming I go alone, I'll be using an alias so the questioning won't alert the Wyverns. Bluff for keeping my cover is 16. I get to take 10 with my Deep Cover trait.

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Mind Chemist)/1 AC 15 {T 13, FF 13} HP: 8/8 // Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1 // Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1| Bomb 5+2(1d6×2+4) Splash: 5
Resources:
Bomb 6/7 Extracts prepared | (CL 1ST, concentration +5): Shield, Coin Shot | Spell-like abilities:1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame

"Righto then. Me and Haska will be here waiting on you guys. I don't see a problem with you all trying all three until you find the best route. Nothing wrong with multiple choices! I do agree the larger entrances would be best, but don't discount the smaller until we see all the options. Good luck you guys!" As Shlevin finishes his pep/strategy talk he walks over to Haska and pulls out his formula book and pen and begins writing furiously.

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (3XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

"Yes, let us trade notes, Shlevin." "And Sumil, my vote is the larger passages."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 1; HP 11; Speed 20; AC 18; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0

can John just take a 20(s) as he walks down the dock? With 4 hours he should have plenty of time.

Sovereign Court

Female grippli gunslinger (bolt ace) 1 CG Small humanoid | Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7 AC 16, T 14, FF13 | hp 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +3

Lady Finley decides to follow Johnn to the docks to look for the entrance. "I'm afraid I'm a bit short on funds for alchemist fires. Small or large? The tunnel doesn't matter much to me, but you larger beings would fit better in the larger tunnel."

Gather Information: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Shades of Ice P3

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

What John would have failed to find in the first four hours, Lady Finley finds rather quickly: an entrance by docks.

Meanhile Sumil finds that all records of the sewers at the Hall of Records were lost during the People's Revolution.

Using some less-official sources, Giovanni is able to ascertain that the maintenance entrance looks like a cellar door in an alley, but the stairs under it descend 20 feet into the settling pools. It is an alternate if you choose.

If you enter the sewers by the outflow pipe, the first 100 feet are a major passage without a walkway, so they need to wade or swim through the filth.

Map added for reference at top of page and in my status bar.
Map

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Mind Chemist)/1 AC 15 {T 13, FF 13} HP: 8/8 // Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1 // Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1| Bomb 5+2(1d6×2+4) Splash: 5
Resources:
Bomb 6/7 Extracts prepared | (CL 1ST, concentration +5): Shield, Coin Shot | Spell-like abilities:1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame

"I believe that maintenance entrance is the way to go. I'm not one for wading in asewer filth, especially since it'll be coming up to my shoulders. The maintenance entrance gives us a much more secure escape route should we take it. It may be a tighter squeeze but that means no chance of something sneaky catching us off guard."

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (3XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

"I agree. But in a new vain, how are we planning to heal wounds should this gang get ruff?" "I have one extract and one potion." "Does anyone else have anything?"

Dark Archive

Skills:
Kno (Arcana +8, History +8, Local +5, Planes +8, Religion +9), Perception +5, Profession (Archivist) +5, Sense Motive +5, Spell Craft +9, UMD +5
Male Human PFS#186188-4 Occultist/2
Stats:
│HP: 5/17 │ AC 17│ T10│ FF17│ F:4│R:0│W:3 (+2 vs Fear effects)│Init 0│Perception +5│CMB +4│CMD14│ Focus Points 6/Day

Sumil returns from his task incredulous. "Would you believe they lost the cities sewer plans!? And they haven't recreated them! Is no one maintaining them? What kind of disease might be brewing beneath the streets? Maybe they need this Prince after all!"

When he calms down and hears that the others have had success his mood lifts and he claps his hands together.

"Well, now we've got a few options at least! I still dislike the idea of the smaller tunnels, but the sooner we move out the better, so I'll follow the groups choice. As far as healing, I'm afraid I don't have much. I might be able to use a wand if anyone has one, yes? It's not a guarantee though."

Sovereign Court

Female grippli gunslinger (bolt ace) 1 CG Small humanoid | Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7 AC 16, T 14, FF13 | hp 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +3

"I'm afraid I have no healing just yet. This is only my second mission for the Society. I can use a wand, but don't have one on hand. I agree with Shelvin. I don't want to swim through filth if I can avoid it. I like the stairs plan."

She looks at Sumil in surprise, "They keep maps of sewers in cities? How interesting. I never thought of that."

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Mind Chemist)/1 AC 15 {T 13, FF 13} HP: 8/8 // Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1 // Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1| Bomb 5+2(1d6×2+4) Splash: 5
Resources:
Bomb 6/7 Extracts prepared | (CL 1ST, concentration +5): Shield, Coin Shot | Spell-like abilities:1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame

"Only two of us are comfortable with enemies in reaching distance, the small space may be just what we need to keep the more fragile members of our group, namely me, from getting hit in the face. Especially with us lacking in the healing department." He says analyzing the group and assessing their weaknesses. "What you giants may be forgetting is that what is waste deep to you is shoulder deep to us, and I'm not fond of sewer water in my mouth."
He continues, "Perhaps we pool our gold to buy a wand. Or if anyone can spare the coin, pay for it now and I will reimburse for the full cost in exchange for the wand. No matter how many charges are left. Me and Haska can both use it proficiently."

Perception to see who has the fullest coin pouch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Edit: Two wands would be preferable, one for me and one for Haska if we can put together that much money. Though I'd only want to buy one of them at the end.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) | HP 8/10 | AC 16/13/13 | F+1 R+5 W +0 | Init +3 | Perc +4

I'm in for wand investment. Could be a bacon-saver down the line. I'm also in favor of the maintenance entrance. We shouldn't begin with a disadvantage.

Dark Archive

Skills:
Kno (Arcana +8, History +8, Local +5, Planes +8, Religion +9), Perception +5, Profession (Archivist) +5, Sense Motive +5, Spell Craft +9, UMD +5
Male Human PFS#186188-4 Occultist/2
Stats:
│HP: 5/17 │ AC 17│ T10│ FF17│ F:4│R:0│W:3 (+2 vs Fear effects)│Init 0│Perception +5│CMB +4│CMD14│ Focus Points 6/Day

"Alright, maintenance entrance it is. While we head there I will take a moment to pick up a wand of healing."

Sumil will spend two PP on a wand of cure light wounds that I will let Shlevin or Haska borrow until the end of the scenario.

When the party does finally head toward the sewer, the occultist casts light on his longsword and heads down the tunnel first.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 1; HP 11; Speed 20; AC 18; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0

John will follow after Sumil

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (3XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

"Look, I've got a little pull withmy faction. I helped out with a hunt for a tiger in the Jalmeray jungle. They said I could choose an item of low value as a kind of reward. If we swing back by the pathfinder lodge I will see if I can call in that favor."
I will purchase a wand of cure light wounds with 2pp gm allowing. I was not sure a alchemist could activate a wand as they use formulas. Anyway, they are good to have.


Shades of Ice P3

The smell of waste and rot is strong in this large chamber where filthy water flows in a series of cascades between tiered stone tanks. A raised platform along the east wall is connected to the passage’s walkways by several thick wooden planks creating a makeshift bridge. On that platform is what looks to be a makeshift alchemy lab on a rough-hewn table—beakers, glass vials, dirty bottles, and moldy buckets cover the entire surface of the table.

Based on the dress and the spiked chains they are twirling around, you have clearly walked into a Steel Wyvern's area.

"Drop your gear, give us your money, and then go back where you came from, or you're dead!"


Shades of Ice P3

Go ahead and rearrange yourselves for marching order on the map.

Initiative:

Giovanni: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Haska: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
John: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Lady Finley: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Shlevin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Sumil: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

Opponents: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Sumil, John, Shlevin
Blue Wyvern, Red Wyvern, Purple Alchemist
Lady Finley, Giovanni, Haska

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 1; HP 11; Speed 20; AC 18; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0

Though his rapier is out John quickly sees it is advantageous to use a bow in this room, especially against the chain wielders. As such he will switch weapons.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Skills:
Kno (Arcana +8, History +8, Local +5, Planes +8, Religion +9), Perception +5, Profession (Archivist) +5, Sense Motive +5, Spell Craft +9, UMD +5
Male Human PFS#186188-4 Occultist/2
Stats:
│HP: 5/17 │ AC 17│ T10│ FF17│ F:4│R:0│W:3 (+2 vs Fear effects)│Init 0│Perception +5│CMB +4│CMD14│ Focus Points 6/Day

"See, those are the chains I told you about! We've found the Wyverns!"

Trying to avoid the water, Sumil takes the long way around, glad he's got a significant number of ranged attackers at his back. Seeing the Wyvern garbed in red across the water way, he lifts one of his magical gloves and fires a ray of electricity at the thug.

Range Attack on Red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 201d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1/2 Evocation Focus Points used.

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Mind Chemist)/1 AC 15 {T 13, FF 13} HP: 8/8 // Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1 // Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1| Bomb 5+2(1d6×2+4) Splash: 5
Resources:
Bomb 6/7 Extracts prepared | (CL 1ST, concentration +5): Shield, Coin Shot | Spell-like abilities:1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame

"It would be wise to block their path and spread out to avoid any boom boom weapons. One of them may be mixing chemicals!" Shlevin says eyeing the alchemy set.

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
for Wyverns and what spells he might be working on at alchemy lab

Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
To discover anything useful about the room. (Lever to lower the water, move a platform, etc)

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Any natural weapons or obscure details

We probably need to spread out a little in case of splash weapons from alchemist, and have whoever wants to Melee move up front. I don't think us in the back can do much until then.

Delaying until John and Sumil decide what they're doing.

Dark Archive

Skills:
Kno (Arcana +8, History +8, Local +5, Planes +8, Religion +9), Perception +5, Profession (Archivist) +5, Sense Motive +5, Spell Craft +9, UMD +5
Male Human PFS#186188-4 Occultist/2
Stats:
│HP: 5/17 │ AC 17│ T10│ FF17│ F:4│R:0│W:3 (+2 vs Fear effects)│Init 0│Perception +5│CMB +4│CMD14│ Focus Points 6/Day

My action is complete (both a move and standard action) and, if I'm not mistaken, Johnn is staying in place and using a standard action to switch weapons, so I believe you're free to go Shlevin.


Shades of Ice P3

Looks that way to me too.

Shlevin:

Knowledge, arcana really doesn't apply much here. You can't tell what he is making. (Heal or Craft: Alchemy would be the right rolls)

You don't see anything from an engineering perspective that helps.

You do notice quite a few items on the alchemist's bench, including multple alchemist's fires, acid, smokestike, etc.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 1; HP 11; Speed 20; AC 18; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0

that is correct

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Mind Chemist)/1 AC 15 {T 13, FF 13} HP: 8/8 // Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1 // Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1| Bomb 5+2(1d6×2+4) Splash: 5
Resources:
Bomb 6/7 Extracts prepared | (CL 1ST, concentration +5): Shield, Coin Shot | Spell-like abilities:1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame

Sorry y'all, had the page open for a while before sending and didn't realize you all had posted. I'm dumb.

Shlevin hangs tight where he is. Pulling an extract from his pouch and drinking it as a faint Aura surrounds him as if protecting him. Drinks Shield Extract

GM:
The Knowledge arcana was mostly to identify the Wyverns and see if Shlevin knew any info on strengths or weaknesses.


Shades of Ice P3

Shlevin:
Ah, the Wyverns are just humans - they are not magical in any way. It is a gang name, Steel Wyverns.

Jump: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Jump: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

OMG! Well....

The two chain wielders missed a very simple jump, and landed in the water. "ARGH!"

It is less impressive than their reputation would lead you to believe.

The man at the workbench grabs a concoction and throws it at Giovanni.

Thrown Attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Direction: 1d8 ⇒ 6

The bag hits the wall behind him and splats into a mess of tar and glue, but you can ignore it due to its landing location.

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Sumil, John, Shlevin
Blue Wyvern, Red Wyvern (6 dmg), Purple Alchemist
Lady Finley, Giovanni, Haska

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) | HP 8/10 | AC 16/13/13 | F+1 R+5 W +0 | Init +3 | Perc +4

They put the best ones towards the front.

Giovanni dodges deftly and moves to close on the alchemist.

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Mind Chemist)/1 AC 15 {T 13, FF 13} HP: 8/8 // Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1 // Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1| Bomb 5+2(1d6×2+4) Splash: 5
Resources:
Bomb 6/7 Extracts prepared | (CL 1ST, concentration +5): Shield, Coin Shot | Spell-like abilities:1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame

GM:
The Lego dudes make a lot more sense now lol thank you for clearing that up.

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (3XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

Haska knowing his 'bombs' tend to have colateral damage takes abvantage of the alchemist enemy in purple being in the open. He quickly moves forward. Space in front of John with movement help as i am on my phone He crambs two clay peices together and hurles it at him.
Bomb throw with bonus, pb, and range penalty: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 15
dmg with bonus and pb: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (3XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

Oops! I messed up my damage bonus. It should be +3 and not +4. So i only do 8 points if i hit the purple alchemist. Sorry!

Sovereign Court

Female grippli gunslinger (bolt ace) 1 CG Small humanoid | Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7 AC 16, T 14, FF13 | hp 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +3

Lady Finley loads her light crossbow, and fires at the bomb throwing man. "I'm more worried about him than thugs who can't even make a simple jump."

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Shades of Ice P3

Between Haska's bomba and Lady Finley's well aimed shot, the enemy alchemist goes down.

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Sumil, John, Shlevin
Blue Wyvern, Red Wyvern (6 dmg), Purple Alchemist (unconscious)
Lady Finley, Giovanni, Haska

Dark Archive

Skills:
Kno (Arcana +8, History +8, Local +5, Planes +8, Religion +9), Perception +5, Profession (Archivist) +5, Sense Motive +5, Spell Craft +9, UMD +5
Male Human PFS#186188-4 Occultist/2
Stats:
│HP: 5/17 │ AC 17│ T10│ FF17│ F:4│R:0│W:3 (+2 vs Fear effects)│Init 0│Perception +5│CMB +4│CMD14│ Focus Points 6/Day

"Well done my friends!" Sumil shouts to the others, laughing at how quickly they've been able to handle this batch of Steel Wyverns.
"The rumors are true, yes? Not so scary anymore!"

He continues walking along the water way until he's above the thug he'd shot with electricity earlier, and he strikes with the sword he'd drawn along the way, following through with both hands.

LongSword: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 191d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 1; HP 11; Speed 20; AC 18; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0

Johnn will shot the thug Sumil didn't. Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
I doubt I hit, just in case:damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Mind Chemist)/1 AC 15 {T 13, FF 13} HP: 8/8 // Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1 // Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1| Bomb 5+2(1d6×2+4) Splash: 5
Resources:
Bomb 6/7 Extracts prepared | (CL 1ST, concentration +5): Shield, Coin Shot | Spell-like abilities:1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame

Shlevin aims a bomb between both members of the gang. Hoping to catch them both in the blast with the splash damage.

Bomb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Bomb aimed at the marker on the map.


Shades of Ice P3

Yes, you made very quick work of this group.

Looking behind the alchemist, at the workbench he was using, you see a number of items, many singed by Haska's bomb. The splash damage doesn't quite cause a chain reaction, but a few items are clearly destroyed.

Beside his workbench is a rack of alchemical substances containing 2 acid flasks, 4 alchemist’s fire, 2 smokesticks, 2 tanglefoot bags, 2 thunderstones, and 4 vials of filth fever tonic. Sitting open on the workbench is a large tome titled Toxins and Countermeasures, written by Giacomo d’Enzinas.

The alchemical materials on the workbench constitute an alchemist’s lab, plus 240 gp worth of raw materials for Craft (alchemy).

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) | HP 8/10 | AC 16/13/13 | F+1 R+5 W +0 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Fine work, friends. What luck to have come upon an alchemist's lab with 2 of our own. Feast on the spoils.

Giovanni flips through some pages of the tome, and pushes a few things around looking for anything else of interest.

perc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 1; HP 11; Speed 20; AC 18; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0

Are the materials required for a liquid blade there? It would allow me to carry the bow, and then switch to a light weapon quickly
Alchemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 +2 for the alchemy lab if able
That plus two is going to save this blade, it's a DC 15

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Mind Chemist)/1 AC 15 {T 13, FF 13} HP: 8/8 // Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1 // Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1| Bomb 5+2(1d6×2+4) Splash: 5
Resources:
Bomb 6/7 Extracts prepared | (CL 1ST, concentration +5): Shield, Coin Shot | Spell-like abilities:1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame

I believe me and Haska should split the spoils of the alchemists lab. As we would be most effective with the items. The tonics we should split up. Haska, if there is any good information in this book maybe we could share it." Shlevin says digging through the chemicals before picking up the book and reading through it.

We add INT modifier to splash damage so we would do best with them, and we will be the ones most likely in the range to use them.

Watching Johnn begin mixing chemicals Shlevin says, "Maybe you should've asked one of us to assist Johnny, it is what we do."

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Mind Chemist)/1 AC 15 {T 13, FF 13} HP: 8/8 // Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1 // Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1| Bomb 5+2(1d6×2+4) Splash: 5
Resources:
Bomb 6/7 Extracts prepared | (CL 1ST, concentration +5): Shield, Coin Shot | Spell-like abilities:1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame

Shlevin is going to attempt crafting two iron pellet grenades (DC 25). Taking a risk, but feels the reward is worth it. Haska and Johnn can assist, and I will assist them. Leaving Haska 100gp worth of supplies to craft what be wishes.

"I want something that goes boom!"

Craft (Alchemy) Pellet Grenade #1: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22

Craft (Alchemy) Pellet Grenade #2: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22

Edit: I really need an assist here you guys lol that's safer than a reroll

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 1; HP 11; Speed 20; AC 18; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0

Johnn, happy to lend a hand in his hobby, does what he can. alchemy assist: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 1; HP 11; Speed 20; AC 18; Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0

That's pretty poor, even with that +2.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Mind Chemist)/1 AC 15 {T 13, FF 13} HP: 8/8 // Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1 // Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1| Bomb 5+2(1d6×2+4) Splash: 5
Resources:
Bomb 6/7 Extracts prepared | (CL 1ST, concentration +5): Shield, Coin Shot | Spell-like abilities:1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame

I only needed a +3 total so any amount helps. I think Haska rolling anything above like a 5 should get me there with your assistance.

Dark Archive

Skills:
Kno (Arcana +8, History +8, Local +5, Planes +8, Religion +9), Perception +5, Profession (Archivist) +5, Sense Motive +5, Spell Craft +9, UMD +5
Male Human PFS#186188-4 Occultist/2
Stats:
│HP: 5/17 │ AC 17│ T10│ FF17│ F:4│R:0│W:3 (+2 vs Fear effects)│Init 0│Perception +5│CMB +4│CMD14│ Focus Points 6/Day

"You're correct Giovanni, the gods did well to place so many alchemists with us today." Sumil sheathes his blade and searches the alchemists body to see if there is anything else of value, when he's done looks around for any tunnel that leads further in.

"Surely there must be more of them, yes? There can't have been just three."

He keeps his eyes sense alert, listening and watching for any new arrivals while the others work.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Shades of Ice P3

I've never had anyone try to craft items on the fly like this. Doesn't it take days or weeks to make these things? My understanding is that the craft check is made once a week...

51 to 100 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fuzzfoot's #13 - The Prince of Augustana (Std, Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.