Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM_Foxy's Incident at Absalom Station

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

GM_Foxy's Dead Suns AP
Dead Sun Maps

Loot Log


201 to 250 of 626 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

F Vesk Soldier 1___Init:5 Perc:0___HP:13 Stamina:9___KAC:16_EAC:14_F/R/W: 4/1/2___Character Sheet

"Docking bay 42 in 12 minutes." Boreal confirms before ringing off. She then re-positions the doshko and cannon on their straps and starts walking at a rather brisk pace.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

Tannhäuser follows after the lively and heavily armed Vesk.


Kitsune Game Master

As the given time leaves little room for discussion the group leaves immediately. This cuts into the ability to do further research of all who have no computer of their own. All but Dr. Imani - he simply brings his printed out version of the Infosphere along.

With a quick hustle you make it to the bay shortly after the shuttle arrives. You notice that the interior of this ship is time-worn and could need a replacement.

Engineering DC15:
By the sound of it and the vibrations not only the interior could use replacement.

A short 12 minute flight later you are received by Captain Serissi on the Dust Runner. The Dust Runner is a working tramp freighter, practical and utilitarian, with little in the way of luxury or even comfort. Yet Captain Serissi takes great pride in his ship — which is also his home and his livelihood — a fact that is plainly evident as he affably escorts the group on a tour of the vessel. Afterward, Serissi sits down with you in the galley to talk over cups of hot black coffee. "How comes, you are investigating the death of Kreel?"


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

Even though it was a short flight Tannhäuser used every chance she got to look out into space, she always liked to look out into the void and spots the little blips of light floating.

Once on the Dust Runner she amicably follows behind as Serissi gives them an impromptu tour.

"He was shot while trying to meet with us and welcome us to the Starfinders, so while I do feel a sense of responsibility we are trying to ascertain whether it was horrific luck or whether he was targeted."


Kitsune Game Master

"Bad luck my ass. I'd bet my ship that these a++&&+!s from Astral Extractions are behind that." Serissi snorts angrily.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

"That is what we are starting to suspect. You are currently in dispute with them, correct?"


Kitsune Game Master

"Yeah. They are claiming they had the right to investigate the Acreon and the drift rock would belong to them. Which is all a huge load of BS. The Acreon belongs to the Hardscrabble Collective and we are the ones to check what happened to the crew. And if our fears are confirmed, that they didn't survive then anything valuable in that rock is for the the bereaved of the crew. And nothing of that belongs in the slightest way to these corporate a+%!&@@s. They have a contract about exploration, and they can have all the logs about that. But they shall not set a single foot on that ship!" Serissi talks himself into rage.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

Tannhäuser nods, and then blinks. "... wait, so no one has been on the ship yet?"


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 10/10 SP: 3/6 Res 1/2 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Manteca sits enthralled by the conversation, sheafs of paper from his research bulging out of every visible pocket. "What sort of contract was created between the Hardscrabble Collective and Astral Extractions? Could we take a look?"

Liberty's Edge

Human Op 1 | HP 10/10 SP: 1/7 RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC: 16 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 | F: +1 R: +6 W: +2 | Atk:+5/d6

*************quick backflash/retcon*************

Soryn - lashunta mystic wrote:

The lashunta shrugged, "This is not what would have been done in my village but I'm a long ways from home now and who knows how crazy expensive stuff is here."

He extended his hand, "I guess I'll take whatever share you deem is mine then."

Wraith's jaw drops open in surprise and disbelief as Soryn comes over, extending his hand asking for "his share".

"Well ain't you got some big brass ones? 'Course, it'd take some over-stuffed Rocky Mountain Oysters to support all that cheek. You _video_ me takin' the "ill-gotten gains" and NOW you want a cut? Other than trying to get my ass thrown in lock-down, how do you figure you get a share? Seems to me the balance of your activity amounted to trying make sure them credits went to a police storage locker and NOT a whit of you actually made action toward securing these for your pocket.

Now, maybe that was just a misunderstanding. Maybe you thought that the Star-society would come across with liquid remuneration in the amount of phat stacks and all the credits, and you didn't think we needed it. But now, now Reality has lifted the scales from your eyes and you see things in a new light.

Is that it?

Usually I take actions to try to get me arrested kinda personal, but if you tell me now that you understand that making a 'vid of actions that ain't "exactly" on the side of the angels is not the best thing to do, then it seems okay that you can get what the Vesk got, 'cause it wouldn't be right to get no more than him what took a head.

How's that sound?"

If he concurs with her assessment of suggested future actions or lack thereof, she transfers 90 credits to him.

***************************************

Noticing that Boreal is looking dourfully at her full chamber and lack of any reload, Wriath offers her one of the ganger pistols. "Care for a back-up weapon? Until we can secure more rounds for your heavy wood?"
***********************************

Allison carefully steps on the Dust Runner, looking around with her indefatigable curiosity.

Engineering!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"Hm. Could use a refit, top to down, inside to out. Hope it doesn't explode on us," she mumbles to no one.

"Yeah," she agrees, later, with Dr. Imani. "Are you on solid footing here? If so, then it seems they're trying to muscle you. You want us to get on the ship? Check it out?" she offers.


Kitsune Game Master

"You haven't heard?" Serissi asks unbelieving. "As the Acreon came out of the drift without someone answering, it was parked far out and put under quarantine. And now there is this 'dispute' as to who gets to investigate the ship."

Liberty's Edge

Human Op 1 | HP 10/10 SP: 1/7 RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC: 16 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 | F: +1 R: +6 W: +2 | Atk:+5/d6

"So," Wraith starts out, already connecting the dots, "Do you want us to -clandestinely- take a ship and board the thing? Maybe get some data you can use to make it belong to you an' yours?"


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

Flashback

"... I have no idea what she's saying but I like the way she's saying it." the Kasatha muses while watching Allison's lips rapidly move.

Present.

"Quarantine? Aside from the silence has their been scanning done on the ship? Any anomalies or higher than usual levels of radiation?


F Vesk Soldier 1___Init:5 Perc:0___HP:13 Stamina:9___KAC:16_EAC:14_F/R/W: 4/1/2___Character Sheet

---------------------------- To Allison About the Pistol----------
"Appreciated." Boreal says taking the pistol. She sights with it and quickly inspects it before putting it into her pack
------------------------------------------------------------------


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 10/10 SP: 3/6 Res 1/2 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +1 | Percep +5
Allison "Wraith" WhiteAngel wrote:
"So," Wraith starts out, already connecting the dots, "Do you want us to -clandestinely- take a ship and board the thing? Maybe get some data you can use to make it belong to you an' yours?"

"Or is there a legal recourse to us taking the ship? As some of us have already run foul of the law?" Dr. Imani gestures meaningfully at Boreal. "Discretion is admirable, but acting discrete within the confines of the law as much as possible is probably the wisest course of action."

"Also... is there any more of this 'coffee?' This drink is incredible." The shirren has already drained his cup and swivels his antenna seeking more.


Kitsune Game Master

Ninja'd by Allison. The answer was to Dr. Imani

"If it were that easy I'd do it myself. The decision lies with the station bureaucracy. And while we wait for arbitration, we can do nothing. If someone tries to do a solo thing like that either the station security or some hired gun of the Astral A~$#$~!s would shoot them down before even coming close."

"Which isn't the worst thing. Or Astral Extraction would have taken the ship by force."

"But if you could pin the murder of Kreel at their vest that would be much appreciated. We hired the Level 21 Crew to watch out for our people. But that wasn't good enough. He was a good guy who was always out to kick the big corporations in the balls."

Serissi adds "Help yourself." and points to the coffee pot.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

Not having removed her veil, Tannhäuser offers the good doctor her coffee. "Legal recourse... we might want to investigate the gangs then. If it wasn't bad luck but an actual hit by Astral Extractions then proving that would win this dispute for you and then some."

Ninjaed

"So the 21 crew were on your side, or at least payroll. That means the Kings are probably the ones that killed Kreel. We should check with Level 21 first then, see what information they can provide us."


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 10/10 SP: 3/6 Res 1/2 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +1 | Percep +5

The doctor begins excitedly pulling sheets of paper out of his pockets, making an impromptu case file. "Well, it seems we can certainly be of service on that front." He briefly outlines the assorted discoveries by the crew as he drinks Tannhauser's coffee and pours himself another cup.

"So if we bring these records to the agents of the law, would you be willing to vouch for us as independent contractors in the investigation of the vessel? The Starfinder Society wants answers, not payment - so it seems the most likely way for the Hardscrabble Collective to receive it's just rewards."

Liberty's Edge

Human Op 1 | HP 10/10 SP: 1/7 RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC: 16 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 | F: +1 R: +6 W: +2 | Atk:+5/d6

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not talk crazy now," Allison pipes up as she hops on a table and sits on it cross-legged. "The Starfinder Society isn't -paying- payment. But if these good people get salvage rights to that rock, there's gonna be a big windfall for them.

And they said they hired the 21ers, which means they have coin.

So, I'm sure, out of the kindness of their heart, maybe the good Captain Serissi could see his way to making sure there was remuneration for us?" she asks the captain hopefully, at last turning her attention to him and still chasing some kind of payday.


Male LN Android Scholar Technomancer | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 VS Combat Manuvers 22| Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 LL Vision, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

My probability algorithms have increased to a ninety seven point seven seven three percent chance that the arrival of the Acreon was the proximate cause of the murder of the Dwarf Kreel. EH-RK says

So, we must find evidence that the Corporation Astral Extractions was behind the murder of the Dwarf Kreel and then we might gain access to the Acreon.

EH-RK pauses for a moment and then says

I will begin running probability matrices.

and then

It seems there are too many unknowns for a reasonable analysis.

Culture!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Computers!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Locations, associates of the Downside Kings

Edit: Wow you guys post fast

EH-RK says to the Collective Representative Economic incentives have a high probability of motivating humanoid biologics


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

"If I give you a part of my cut of whatever we find or are given will you stop badgering everyone we meet about 'remuneration'?" she asks Allison.

"So does sensual incentives, depending on the humanoid," she says as an aside to Erik.


Kitsune Game Master

"First, I have no clue if that rock is of any value. Noone who is still around and alive has set foot on it. Maybe they just pulled out a plain rock." Serissi replies.

"And who will go to the vessel to investigate is up to the Station Bureaucrats. And if they send someone who is on the paylist of either side, then..."

"The Hardscrabble Collective is a clan, and we stand up for each other. But we're no rich corporation." he answers Allison's request.

Sense Motive DC12:
Great. She will sell us out to Astral Extractions at the first possibility is written all over his forehead.


Male LN Android Scholar Technomancer | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 VS Combat Manuvers 22| Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 LL Vision, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

Correct. However, detailed records of financial transactions do exist...perhaps I can write an algorithm that will accurately indemnify the Hardscrabble Collective re: The Acreon and its enumerative opportunities.


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 10/10 SP: 3/6 Res 1/2 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (12) + (1) + 5 = 18

Dr. Imani smoothly slides in between Allison and Serissi. He telepathically speaks to Allison.

Allison:
Maybe some discretion will allow us access... and maybe some subtlety will get us paid more than a direct approach.

Out loud, Manteca speaks. "My apologies, Serissi - I've found that Allison here tends towards concrete payments, while the shirren have always had an eye for the value of... community, as it were."

"We're representing the Starfinders on this, and as you should know, Kreel was a Starfinder himself - you know the organization to be upstanding, honorable, and loyal to those who assist it. We would be amenable to speaking positively of the Hardscrabble Collective to the Starfinder Society - certainly an organization that can stand toe-to-toe with Astral Extractions better than a street gang could - if Hardscrabble Collective were open to a more formalized relationship with the Society."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

BOOM BABY WORK FOR US NOOOOOW!


N Ysoki Mechanic 1 (Themeless) | HP: 8/8 Stam: 6/6 Resolve: 4/4 | EAC: 15 KAC: 16 CMAC: 24 | F:+0 R: +6 W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc: +4 SM: +0 | Active conditions:

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 8

"Can we get access to footage of the docking bay fight, to see who shot Kreel? That would be some confirmation to Serissi's suspicions, at least."

Lolo fidgeted, nervous. She was no good at reading people, especially humans, but the look on Serissi's face indicated something, the ysoki was sure of it.

Plus, there was the fact that Lolo had shot one of Serissi's employees. At least the 21er had lived, as far as Lolo knew. But then, that also meant that the 21er could possibly ID Lolo...

"Or, maybe the Dr. can remember where Kreel's wound was? That would indicate who shot him as well, as the Kings were shooting from the east of the bay."

Eh-Rk's suggestion of hacking the records of the Acreon could certainly work...

Pulling Kreel's computer, Lolo sat down and began testing Acreon's firewalls...

To no avail. Sighing she put the computer away.

If I'm reading the rules right, that's a DC 53 check, if the corporation's systems are tier 5.

Then brightening again, Lolo raised her hand. "Oooh! Ooooh! What if we raid the HQ of the Kings? They may have paper records, or video, or easier computer access. There's got to be some trail to Acreon there!"


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

"I have no intention of working a corporation that kills a good person whose only crime was helping people." Tannhäuser states.

At the Doctor's offer she nods in agreement while pouring him another cup of coffee. "The Starfinder Society, being comprised mostly of explorers and archaeologists would benefit a good deal from continued dealings with your clan."


Kitsune Game Master

First the Acreon is out in space. And you have no com system that works beyond planetary level. And even if you had you still needed some kind of console on the computer. So far you can't hack a computer through less than thin air. Also the ship's computer is probably not even close to tier 5

"If you're up to it, go there and kick their asses. I can tell you where to meet the Level 21 Crew. You can arrange a meeting at Mama Fat's. Where to go to kick the Downside Kings I don't know."

"But the Starfinders are all the bookish kind. I've never seen any of them making it their priority fighting big money. I'd deem them the kind to crawl into the dark arse of history to see what they can pull out."

"Much like our job. Serissi adds laughing.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

Oh, I thought it was docked somewhere.

"Well then our best bet would be to head to Level 21, they'd know where to find the Kings." Tannhäuser muses.

After Serissi jokes she can't help but add "True. There's enough overlap between excavators and archaeologists that I think you would benefit each other."

Liberty's Edge

Human Op 1 | HP 10/10 SP: 1/7 RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC: 16 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 | F: +1 R: +6 W: +2 | Atk:+5/d6

Wraith had patiently ignored the Kasatha's offer, as it felt wrong to take something from someone for so minor a point. And she hadn't said how much. And the word ""remuneration" is awesome.
So she kept smiling and listening and bobbing along as her happy self--

Sense Motive!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Wraith's eyes suddenly narrow, like a snake sensing prey. Her movements smooth as liquid mercury she pours herself off the table, and starts slowly circling the Captain. Her hand isn't exactly near her gun but nor is it very far.

Only as the Doctor intervenes does she stop moving. She holds her peace, but anyone can tell that Imani is speaking softly. And she's carrying a big stick.

'He'll sell us out,' she warns silently along the link. 'Now he's spewing wordstuff an' I still ain't heard a word about coin. -This- is why you don't do jobs for people who ain't family and haven't paid up front.'

But the gang seemed well-off, so a blank check to go raid and pillage them seemed alright...for now.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

Sell us out... to who?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 10/10 SP: 3/6 Res 1/2 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +1 | Percep +5
Allison "Wraith" WhiteAngel wrote:

'He'll sell us out,' she warns silently along the link. 'Now he's spewing wordstuff an' I still ain't heard a word about coin. -This- is why you don't do jobs for people who ain't family and haven't paid up front.'

But the gang seemed well-off, so a blank check to go raid and pillage them seemed alright...for now.

He's got the same reason to sell us out as we have to sell him out - so for now we will settle for Mutally Assured Suspicion.

Get it? It's a pun from a human phrase I found! Do you like it?

It's hard for thoughts to sound like dad jokes... but Dr. Imani somehow succeeds.

The shirren drains the latest cup of coffee, and pours one more for himself. The number consumed is difficult to track.

"Well then we should go speak to the one gang about the other gang. This is surely a plan with no repercussions and no possible legal ramifications at all!" Despite his words, the shirren's speachvoice sounds strained and slightly manic.

Liberty's Edge

Human Op 1 | HP 10/10 SP: 1/7 RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC: 16 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 | F: +1 R: +6 W: +2 | Atk:+5/d6

Wraith smiles and nods. Finally a plan she can get behind!


Male LN Android Scholar Technomancer | SP 6/6 HP 9/9 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 VS Combat Manuvers 22| Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 LL Vision, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Shirren Manteca I must inform you that there is a high probability that there will be both repercussions AND legal ramifications to any altercation with either of the gangs. There are too many unknowns, but isolating for only a brawl with minor injuries and or shootout with major injuries and or fatalities, there is an eighty two point three six four percent probability that at least one of us would be questioned and detained by the Security Forces. EH-RK says helpfully to the Shirren.

To the next Gang! (I'm guessing the 21 guys since we know where they are)


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

Tannhäuser shrugs. You chop a gang member's head off after they try to kill you and all the guards do is put a tracking monitor on you... or is that a bomb?" she looks to Boreal. "Does it beep faster when your heart rate goes up?"


F Vesk Soldier 1___Init:5 Perc:0___HP:13 Stamina:9___KAC:16_EAC:14_F/R/W: 4/1/2___Character Sheet

"I think a bomb would be irresponsible for a public security force." Boreal says somewhat avoiding the question


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

"Well they just showed up and shrugged at a gang shoot out so I wouldn't put it past them."


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 10/10 SP: 3/6 Res 1/2 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Manteca watches the exchange with a growing sense of horror. They- they're just casually bantering about bombs and murder! Who ARE these people? He pats one of his pockets, ensuring that the contents are still there. Maybe I need the sedative... or something stronger.


F Vesk Soldier 1___Init:5 Perc:0___HP:13 Stamina:9___KAC:16_EAC:14_F/R/W: 4/1/2___Character Sheet

"Perhaps you are right... Which one of you techies can figure out if this thing is a bomb?"


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3

"Addendum, who here can deactivate a bomb?"


Kitsune Game Master

"You got a tag? You're lucky they are not already after you for leaving the station!" Captain Serissi wonders.

"You can stay longer if you want and I have a never ending flow of coffee. But I don't think I can help you more with your investigations."


Male Damasha Lashunta - Mystic (Xenowarden) 1 | EAC: 12; KAC: 13 | Hitpoints: 10; Stamina: 6 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft |
Allison "Wraith" WhiteAngel wrote:

*************quick backflash/retcon*************

yada, yada...
Usually I take actions to try to get me arrested kinda personal, but if you tell me now that you understand that making a 'vid of actions that ain't "exactly" on the side of the angels is not the best thing to do, then it seems okay that you can get what the Vesk got, 'cause it wouldn't be right to get no more than him what took a head.

How's that sound?"[/b]

Soryn had to put a stop to this line of thinking before it got out of hand, "You need to stop this."

He added, "In case it wasn't clear, the reason why I taped the crime was to help identify the perpetrators and not frame you for anything."

He scoffed, "I have no reason to frame you for anything. The fact that you were part of that tape was purely coincidental."

He added, "Now that you tell me that the fund you took are not needed then I stand behind the claim that I should get a fair share of what was obtained."

"Are we good?"


Male Damasha Lashunta - Mystic (Xenowarden) 1 | EAC: 12; KAC: 13 | Hitpoints: 10; Stamina: 6 | F: +0, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft |
Foxy Quickpaw wrote:

"You got a tag? You're lucky they are not already after you for leaving the station!" Captain Serissi wonders.

"You can stay longer if you want and I have a never ending flow of coffee. But I don't think I can help you more with your investigations."

Soryn sipped his coffee, "I don't think we need to stay here any longer. You have been very open to us. Our next step is to visit the Level 21 Crew and get their side of the story."

The lashunta was glad that cooler heads had prevailed and averted a potential issue with the woman so keen on 'remuneration'. I guess it's true about what they say that some species are still slaves to their desires.

He looked at Serissi again, "Can you get word to the Crew and let them we're coming? Here's my comm id so you can let me know when a meeting has been arranged."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Game Master
Soryn - lashunta mystic wrote:
... some species are still slaves to their desires.

Yeah, like eating, drinking, having shelter... ;)

You drink your coffee and then leave. Captain Serissi tells you goodbye and tells "If you get a say in the decision and can sway it in our favour we all would much appreciate it. I can't promise you great riches, but there would always be a cup of coffee for you here."

You're brought back to the station where station security waits for Boreal. Three nervous looking officers, two in full gear. The third approaches Boreal. "Madam, I'm here to tell you that the investigations proved that your actions were mostly self defence. So I need that tag back." She removes the tag from Boreal's leg.

Once she has the item and is a few step back she adds "On a personal note: You should see a shrink about your anger issues." The officers get back to their hover bikes and ride off.


Kitsune Game Master

Mama Fats’ is a bodega located on the twenty-first deck in the Spike, the crowded, run-down lower half of Absalom Station. The surrounding neighborhood is low-end, but not quite a slum. You recognize a graffiti on the walls as gang tags marking this as territory of the Level 21 Crew. The gang uses Mama Fats’ as a message drop and safe house, but nothing else about the shop marks it as anything other than a small neighborhood grocery store.

Mama Fat is a corpulent halfling. She wanders through the aisles of the shop sorting the contents of the shelfs. "Hi there. What do you want?" she asks as seven people walk into her store standing around 'totally unsuspicious'.


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 10/10 SP: 3/6 Res 1/2 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Manteca decides to take the short but sweet approach - he opts for telepathy out of discretion. Serissi sent us. We were a part of the shoot-out at Docking Bay 94 - no hard feelings to you and yours, but we have questions that the Hardscrabble Collective couldn't answer. We're here to find out what you can tell us about the Downside Kings.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Kitsune Game Master

Mama Fat looks up and back and forth between the Shirren and the Lashunta trying to make out who is talking to her. Seeing the vesk a faint sile hushes over her face. "I'll call someone. Wait here."

After half an hour standing between groceries you are escorted to a room in the back of the bodega, where the gang’s leader, Jabaxa, waits for you along with two of his gang members. "Please take a seat." Jabaxa offers together with a shot of bathtub moonshine for each of you as a gesture of hospitality. Then he asks "What's your business here?"


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 10/10 SP: 3/6 Res 1/2 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Init +1 | Percep +5

If it's all the same to you, we'd prefer to keep noisespeech out of this - for discretion's sake, Manteca begins.

Serissi sent us - we were a part of the shoot-out at Docking Bay 94. We have a vested interest in ensuring that the Downside Kings and their patrons are no longer able to interfere in our business - as they did in that docking bay. Kreel was not a victim of circumstance. The whole thing was a hit.

The shirren takes a sip of the moonshine and shudders as it assails his olfactory glands... And then takes a second sip.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 4/7 HP: 8/11 R: 2/2 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +2 R +1 W +3
Foxy Quickpaw wrote:
Once she has the item and is a few step back she adds "On a personal note: You should see a shrink about your anger issues." The officers get back to their hover bikes and ride off.

Neutralizing people trying to kill you and others is not an anger "issue", Tannhäuser sourly thinks as the guards retrieve their junk.

---

As the head to the 21's place she makes note of how it only seems like half a conversation is playing out but everything is still advancing, most likely Soryn or the good doctor are using their preferred modes of speech for discretion she surmises.

Not knowing what was being said she didn't know what to add in however.


Kitsune Game Master

"That won't work. I can't do that." Jabaxa replies. "The Downside Kings are a brutal street gang that controls several decks of Absalom Station’s lower levels, or “Downside,” through a combination of intimidation and violence. They are known to engage in a wide variety of illegal activities, from extortion, fraud, robbery, smuggling, and theft, to drug and arms trafficking, kidnapping, murder - for hire, and trafficking in sentient species."

"Turnover among the Downside Kings’ leadership is high, but the gang’s current boss is a barbarous human woman named Ferani Nadaz. Astral Extractions has recruited the Downside Kings to threaten the Hardscrabble Collective and pressure the miners into handing over the Acreon and the Drift Rock to the company without dispute."

"If you want to go there to rough them up - The Downside Kings are known to use a nightclub called Fusion Queen as a front for their illegal activities."

I cut that short. I don't see the need to persuade him lengthy. He has no business with you and getting you out of his hair and into the hair of the Downside Kings is in his interest too.


N Ysoki Mechanic 1 (Themeless) | HP: 8/8 Stam: 6/6 Resolve: 4/4 | EAC: 15 KAC: 16 CMAC: 24 | F:+0 R: +6 W: +2 | Init +4 | Perc: +4 SM: +0 | Active conditions:

Lolo shrugs and takes the shot. It wasn't bad, but it didn't quite burn enough to be good. Sliding the shot glass back to Jabaxa, the mechanic waits patiently for him to refill it.

Looking around the back of the bodega, Lolo's mouth waters. She's suddenly aware of just how long it has been since she's eaten. Oooh! Jelly worms in chimoy sauce!.

"Well, we should go to the Fusion Queen and find this Ferani Nadaz then!" Lolo shakes a little. Though I don't like the idea of her being 'barbarous.' At least we have the Vesk on our side!

Pointing to the jelly worms, Lolo asks, "Can I have some?"

201 to 250 of 626 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dead Suns AP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.