Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Foxy's Carrion Crown

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Gameplay for the Carrion Crown AP
Schloss Caromarc Map I


3,601 to 3,650 of 3,697 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>

Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

"Two can play that game. And that dog looks like it would actually be good at that." Jominda expresses her concern on second thought.


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

"I can try yes but as Jominda says it could try to knock me off as well, if it is that smart."

Herm steps out 10' on to the bridge. Readying an action to attack with Power attack if the hound gets close enough.


Kitsune Game Master

Map Added at the top

Herm steps out on the bridge and moves forward up to the barricade. The dog doesn't care. It stands still at it's position in the midst of the bridge. From there on it is either climbing over the barricade, or clearing the bridge.


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

So the dog is at G1?


Kitsune Game Master

Yes


Female Human Diviner (4)
Prepared 0th & 1st:
0th: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Predistigitation, Mending 1st Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Door, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Corrosive Touch
Prepared 2nd & 3rd:
2nd Acid Arrow, Share Memory, Detect Thoughts, Web, - 3rd Clairvoyance, Halt Undead, Revelation, - bonded object

Kendra walks up to the barricade, next to Herm. "Thomas!" she yells. "We've come as you asked!"


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

Herm crosses the barricade, "Just be ready to blast this thing if I cannot knock it off." Herm takes a few steps forward eyes never leaving the dog.

it is a long way down


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

"Let me try something." Jominda tells and drinks an extract, which makes her disappear. Then you hear the buzz of quickly flapping wings move out of the gatehouse and under the bridge. Hoping the noise is drowned out by the waterfall, Jominda rises up at the end of the bridge and lands on the platform in front of the manse.


Kitsune Game Master

Perception DC20:
A A hidden bell pull hangs by the eastern side of the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
The dog doesn't notice.


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Jominda looks around, but doesn't find anything. Not believing that there shouldn't be even a knocking ring, she searches again.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Not finding anything else she takes up into the air and awaits what the others do about the dog.


Female Human Diviner (4)
Prepared 0th & 1st:
0th: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Predistigitation, Mending 1st Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Door, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Corrosive Touch
Prepared 2nd & 3rd:
2nd Acid Arrow, Share Memory, Detect Thoughts, Web, - 3rd Clairvoyance, Halt Undead, Revelation, - bonded object

"Jominda? Whatever you're doing, is it working?" Kendra shouts.


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

"No." Jominda shouts back.


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

"SO we try to knock the dog off then?" Herm moves towards the middle of the bridge, hammer at the ready.


Kitsune Game Master

As Herm climbs carefully over the barricade the dog comes running and bites Herm.
Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
But Herm is lucky and it only bites steel.


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

One can try. Jominda thinks and flies a bow to come in a straight line perpendicular to the bridge and give the dog a push.
Bull Rush: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24

As she hits into the golem dog she becomes visible again.


Kitsune Game Master

As the dog didn't see that one coming Jominda isn't even bitten by the beast. She pushes the dog on the smooth surface over the edge. The dog tries desperately to hold on to the bridge but doesn't find any hold with his teeth or paws. Gravity gets the better of the dog and it falls 200 feet into the churning water.

Falling Damage: 18d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 5, 2, 6, 4, 6, 5, 5, 2, 4, 2, 2, 4, 5, 2, 6) = 68
That dog won't come up again.


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

Herm steps back a bit as Jominda rockets in front of him slamming the hound off the edge.

"Well I guess that solves that problem." Herm looks over the edge then proceeds to cross the bridge stopping before the door.

"You saw nothing with this door?" Herm asks towards Jominda


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

"No, nothing. But feel free to check yourself. I might have missed something." Jominda replies. She is still gobsmacked, that pushing the dog actually worked.


Kitsune Game Master

The arched bridge ends at a small cobbled terrace with a curious looking iron door depicting a scowling sun being devoured by ravenous clouds. To the left, two hundred feet below, a huge waterfall plummets into the depths.

Perception DC 20:
A hidden bell pull hangs by the eastern side
of the door.


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Herm will see if the door is emanating evil before approaching and trying to open the door.


Kitsune Game Master

Herm:
Not evil. But locked.


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

"I could smash it down but that might make me bad company, can someone please try to unlock this?" Herm steps out of the way.


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

"I'm not good at this. Harrold? Do you have experience with such things?" Jominda calls back where the others stand. "But we could also try to knock." Jominda tells and walks over to the door, hammering with her fist at it.


Kitsune Game Master

There is no reaction to the knocking.


M Human 23 HP init +9 Perception +8

Harrold took his time to clamber over the impromptu barricade. "Well done there Jominda. You are going to have to tell me about those wings though." He says as he drops his pack infront of the door and gets his tools ready.
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
"Well I can't open this, but why didn't any of you try the bell pull?"


Female Human Diviner (4)
Prepared 0th & 1st:
0th: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Predistigitation, Mending 1st Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Door, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Corrosive Touch
Prepared 2nd & 3rd:
2nd Acid Arrow, Share Memory, Detect Thoughts, Web, - 3rd Clairvoyance, Halt Undead, Revelation, - bonded object

"Remind me never to piss you off" Kendra jokes at Jominda. "Or at least not when I'm on a high bridge with no railings."

She walks up to the door with the rest of the group.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Kendra also sees nothing. "This is strange indeed. A door should be here to be able to open, should it not?"

As Harrold walks up and gets out his things, she smiles encourangingly as she waits, and then..

"The bell-p... Wait, what bell-pull?"


M Human 23 HP init +9 Perception +8

"That one there." Harrold says pointing to it vaguely, "About half a foot from the hinge, next to the vine?" He continues as if it is clear as day and his explanation were perfect.


Female Human Diviner (4)
Prepared 0th & 1st:
0th: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Predistigitation, Mending 1st Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Door, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Corrosive Touch
Prepared 2nd & 3rd:
2nd Acid Arrow, Share Memory, Detect Thoughts, Web, - 3rd Clairvoyance, Halt Undead, Revelation, - bonded object

"I've... completely missed it" Kendra confesses


M Human 23 HP init +9 Perception +8

Harrold groans and stands. He straightens out his back with a creek as he makes his way over and pulls the bell pull.


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

Herm stands ready in case something comes out of the door.


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

"That doesn't look like they are fond of visitors." Jominda comments, as the bell pull is pointed out.


Kitsune Game Master

A bell rings inside the house and after a while a viewing port is opened. But you see no one behind looking out. Then the viewing port is closed again. And you still stand outside.


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

"Excuse me, can yo u please let us in? We are friends of the beast of Lepidstadt, or Thomas as Jominda named him." Herm says to the view port.


Kitsune Game Master

No reaction to Herm's request.


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

"That is kind of disappointing." Jominda comments.

To Harrold she tells "The wings are cool, aren't they. It is the coolest discovery I've made so far."


Female Human Diviner (4)
Prepared 0th & 1st:
0th: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Predistigitation, Mending 1st Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Door, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Corrosive Touch
Prepared 2nd & 3rd:
2nd Acid Arrow, Share Memory, Detect Thoughts, Web, - 3rd Clairvoyance, Halt Undead, Revelation, - bonded object

"I don't reckon you could squeeze through that viewing port, Jominda?" Kendra asks with a frown on her face.


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

"I'm starving due to that serious lack of sammiches. But I didn't think it is that bad already. But if we want in, no matter what, I'd simply smash in a window or such. There is no need to go through that hardened steel door." Jominda tells, looking up to the balcony.


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

"I cannot break the door down or break into the building. No one can unlock this door?"


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

Jominda flies up on the balcony.


Kitsune Game Master

On the balcony is a locked door with a window in it. The a narrow stone balcony (area G11a) with no handrails, which affords a spectacular view over the falls.

Inside, white sheets cover a four-poster bed, there's also a wardrobe, and dressing table in this luxurious guest room that

A locked door (DC 25 Disable Device check)


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

Jominda takes a look. "This door is locked too." she tells as she comes back down. "But it looks easier than this large door. But I don't have the tools. Can anyone borrow me some tools?"


Female Human Diviner (4)
Prepared 0th & 1st:
0th: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Predistigitation, Mending 1st Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Door, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Corrosive Touch
Prepared 2nd & 3rd:
2nd Acid Arrow, Share Memory, Detect Thoughts, Web, - 3rd Clairvoyance, Halt Undead, Revelation, - bonded object

"I might..." Jominda begins, but she doesn't finish her sentence.

Instead, she rolls her hands over eachother as if to form an acid orb, but she instead goes on to finish the movement over her own hands. She then walks up to the door, and pokes her finger gingerly inside the lock, as deep as she can place it.

Corrosive Touch
Damage: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 2, 4) = 11


Kitsune Game Master

An aggressive sizzling starts and Kendra burns a hole into the lock with her finger. After two minutes of that the part of it that should make it hard to open without the proper key is totally ruined and the locking mechanism is laid open.


Female Human Diviner (4)
Prepared 0th & 1st:
0th: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Predistigitation, Mending 1st Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Door, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Corrosive Touch
Prepared 2nd & 3rd:
2nd Acid Arrow, Share Memory, Detect Thoughts, Web, - 3rd Clairvoyance, Halt Undead, Revelation, - bonded object

Kendra gives herself a satisfied nod as she straightens herself.
"Try it now, Harrold," she smiles.


M Human 23 HP init +9 Perception +8

"That is certainly one way to open a door." Harrold says as he coughs at the acrid smoke. Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

Herm pushes the door open and steps inside, "Hello again, we are coming in but are not thieves or here to harm anyone."


Kitsune Game Master

As Herm opens the door, magic runes appear over the door.


Female Human Alchemist (6) - Init+4, Save +6/+8/+5, AC19/12/17, HP 39, Perc. +9

"That is not good, is it?" Jominda asks Kendra. She decides to go for the gatehouse to be as far away from the effect as possible when it happens. "Run!" She dashes for the safe walls of the gatehouse.


Female Human Diviner (4)
Prepared 0th & 1st:
0th: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Predistigitation, Mending 1st Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Door, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Corrosive Touch
Prepared 2nd & 3rd:
2nd Acid Arrow, Share Memory, Detect Thoughts, Web, - 3rd Clairvoyance, Halt Undead, Revelation, - bonded object

Know: Arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


HP 57 AC 21(T 11, FF 20) l CMD 15 l F+11 l Ref+6 l Will+9 l Ini+1 l Perc+7 Immue: Fear and Disease

"Kendra do ou know what is going on?" Herm asks without moving

3,601 to 3,650 of 3,697 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Foxy's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.