Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Foxy's Carrion Crown

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Gameplay for the Carrion Crown AP
Ravengro map
Harrowstone premises
Harrowstne 1st floor
Harrowstone 2nd floor
Harrowstone Basement


1,501 to 1,550 of 1,984 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

"What is it?" Jorfa becomes nervous and stiff as the Father approaches.


Narrator

Vauran:
No reaction on behalf of the ghost. Also nothing to feel. Only the visual due to detect undead.


"It seems you have become victim to a haunt. There is a ghostly man following you. He seems to be wearing numerous chains and holy symbols. I would like to investigate the bookids we found and the body in chains. Did you touch either of those Jorfa?"


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

"No." Jorfa replies. "But can't you simply rid me of this thing?" she asks looking over her shoulder and turning around to see what it is.


"There are a few things that I can try. Give me a moment."
Grimburrow incants and his hand glows as it moves into the ghost again.
cure light wounds


Narrator

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
The glowing goes as you move your hand through the haunt.

Vauran:
The ghostly figure becomes weaker in your vision.


Well that seems to be working."


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

"Then continue doing it!" Jorfa demands "Or is it gone already?"


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

Jominda notices the unusual anxious tone in Jorfa's voice. "Can I do something to help?" she asks, worried about Jorfa's well being.


"Hand me one of those vials I gave you." Vauran says


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

"Sure." Jominda replies and pulls one out of her backpack, handing it to Father Grimburrow.


Grimburrow unstoppers it and pours it through the air where the ghost hovers still
Attack Melee: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4


Narrator

Vauran:
The ghost dissolves.


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

Jominda squints and tilts her head to see something that would indicate for this to make any sense. But she only sees water from a vial flowing to the basement floor creating a puddle. The 'what the heck' is written all over her face.

That's pretty much like 'The Emperor's New Clothes' from the standpoint of someone not able to see it.


"Well it is no longer there." Vauran says dusting his hands


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

"So we're moving on now?" Jominda asks unsure what to make of this.


Narrator

As Father Grimburrow continues to check out the basement he finds there is undead in the Nevermore (U11) as well as behind the door to one of the side rooms in the hallway to the Reaper's Hold (U6). Beyond that you find nothing.


"There are more undead down there and there." Grimburrow indicates


Female Human Diviner (3)

"You said it looked weighed down with religious symbols? Sounds like it may have been the spirit of Sefick Corvain, known as Father Charlatan. After all, he was put here on orders of multiple clergy."
She takes a look around, and her eyes linger on Jominda for a bit.
"Perhaps it would be good for each of us to take a breath of fresh air and see the sun again before we venture on in here."


"Agreed."


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

He commited the deadly sin of being polyreligious :P

"I think I've lost track of who we got and who not." Jominda replies. "Do they always come in pairs? We had the skeleton of that Charlatan, and a ghost. We got a skeleton with an axe and a ghost. We had a ghost of the Piper, are we missing his skeleton?"


Female Human Diviner (3)

"Good question. If we go upstairs, we can venture in on the ground floor and perhaps talk to Mrs Hawkran again. Mayhaps she can tell us more."


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

"Going out for a break is definitely a good idea. I've been so long in the dark here that the tanned surface dwellers start looking tasty." Jominda replies. "And asking Mrs. Hawkran is a great idea too."


Female Human Diviner (3)

Kendra leads the way back towards Hell's Basement, hoping the ladder hasn't been burned up.


Narrator

The ladder is a bit charred but it's function is not impaired.


Female Human Diviner (3)

Kendra allows Jominda to go up first, because she seems the most shaken, but is eager to go up second herself


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

Jominda climbs up the ladder and heads directly out through the hole in the wall. "O yeah! Sun and fresh air."


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

Jorfa waits for Kendra and Father Grimburrow to get up the ladder and follows up last. "I thought we would go to Mrs. Ghost first." she asks.


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

"We'll go back in trough the front. I won't move a single step trough these haunted rooms if I don't have to." Jominda explains.


Female Human Diviner (3)

"Good idea, dear." Jominda says.


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

As you look out you find Jominda laying in the grass on her back enjoying the sun with her eyes closed. Feeling comfortable in the illusory safety of the daylight.

You're doing the visit and conversation with Mrs. Hawkran?


Female Human Diviner (3)

Kendra enjoys the sun for a moment as well, warming her face in it, before turning about resolutely. "Let us find Mrs Hawkran and see if she has any news."
Feeling quite safe in that this part of the building has been cleared of dangers, she takes the lead, but does check to see if at least one person joins her. No knowing what those stirges have been up to in the meanwhile.


Narrator

All come along into the area of the prison that has at least a little light falling in here and there through a window in the next room. The room Mrs. Hawkran is in has a window of it's own and is well lit.


Out of the pile out of moldy clothes with the skeleton in it rises the ghost of Mrs. Hawkran. "Yes?"


Female Human Diviner (3)

Good... morning still, Mrs Hawkran. Kendra starts. My friends and I have ventured a bit through the building, and have encountered some of the ghosts you mentioned. We wondered if you could feel the difference of us destroying them?


"Yes I can." she replies with a satisfied smile. "You got the Piper, the Lopper, and Father Charlatan."

"Did you find the badge of my husband already?" she inquires.


Female Human Diviner (3)

"We have not," Kendra admits.
"I don't suppose you know where it is either, since you were locked in this room at the time. she says sympathetically.
"It is good to know we've got three of them already though. That leaves only the Mosswater Marauder and the Splatterman to be banished and your husband's badge to be recovered."


"Still no." Mrs. Hawkran replies to the question about the whereabouts of the badge.


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

"Yay. Only the most badass guy left." Jominda cheers ironically. "Can we agree to get a sunrod first before we go in again? If we go in today again at all."


Female Human Diviner (3)

"some more light wouldn't be amiss. But I have a feeling we might find the badge on the bottom of... where we found the axeman."
She avoids naming it exactly so as not to risk Vesorianna getting upset.
"The day is still young. We could head back to town, stock up, and go in again." Kendra suggests.


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

"Can we get a bite too?" Jominda asks.


Female Human Diviner (3)

"I actually packed some for all of us." Kendra smiles


Narrator

So the group tells Vesorianna good bye and leaves for town to resupply and getting some lunch. Leaving the Harrowstone grounds feels like being able to breathe freely. It is like some heavy weight is taken off the chest. Even though you get used to when inside you realize when leaving that the evil has quite an effect on your well-being.

But the lightness is threatened as soon as you reach the town square. A group of children play jump rope there with a skipping song that has that constricting feeling creep back onto you.

Put her body on the bed.
Take a knife and lop her head.
Watch the blood come out the pipe.
Feeds the stirge, so nice and ripe.
Drops of red so sparkly bright.
Splatters spell her name just right.
With a hammer killed his wife.
Now he wants to claim your life.
Tricksy father tells a lie.
Listen close or you will die.


Female Human Diviner (3)

Kendra shudders as she recognizes each of the five major ghosts in the rhyme


male Human Ranger 2

Meanwhile Sheriff Caeller comes out of his office. "Hey kids - go make that ruckus someplace else."

Approaching the group he tells "Good day. I wanted to tell you... Oh my gosh, what happened to you? You're all covered in blood!"


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

Jominda rolls her eyes. "No worries, it's only our own. No one else got hurt." she replies her words dripping with irony.

Sense Motive DC10:
You notice this reaction is more harsh than it would be has someone else asked.


male Human Ranger 2

"For that comment alone I should lock you up in a prison cell!" the Sheriff replies. "The memorial was again smeared with blood and we still don't know who did it and with what blood."


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

Jominda's hand instinctively slides into her pocket. Damn, only one left. She gnashes her teeth giving the Sheriff a glare but biting her tongue.


Female Human Diviner (3)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"Calm down, please, there is no need for rash actions." Kendra starts.
Sheriff, we've been fighting undead in the depths of Harrowstone, which caused our current dishevelled appearance. And as we were busy there, we have no idea on who might have done this to the memorial."
'Which is your job, not ours' Kendra thinks to herself.


male Human Ranger 2

"I just wanted to give you a heads up on what's going on here." the Sheriff explains. "The thing with the watch didn't work out as a lot of people are too scared to walk around at night. And even though I and my deputees patrolled through town all night, we missed when it happened."

"And to be true, I was hoping you had some news that this will end soon."

1,501 to 1,550 of 1,984 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Foxy's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.