Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Foxy's Carrion Crown

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Gameplay for the Carrion Crown AP
Ravengro map
Harrowstone premises
Harrowstne 1st floor
Harrowstone 2nd floor
Harrowstone Basement


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,984 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

Jorfa charges the ghost swinging her hammer at it again.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 191d8 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 6 = 13


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

Hoping Jorfa can dodge it Jominda throws the next bomb. "Take cover!"
Throw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 252d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13
Strike


Narrator

The ghost is struck by the hammer and hit with the bomb.
Damage ghost 29HP


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Jorfa's reflexes are not the best and she takes the full spash damage of the bomb.

5HP damage


Narrator

The ghost is angry that this girl evaded his axe and slashes at her again.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d6 ⇒ 6

And from behind cones one of the skeletons and claws at Kendra
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
But it is too clumsy.


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

Jorfa takes another swing at the ghost before she steps away to not be the target of another bomb.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d8 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 6 = 19


Female Human Diviner (3)

Kendra takes a step away from the newly arrived skeleton, but keeps her focus on the axe-wielder

Disrupt undead Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

Jominda throws another bomb hoping this ghost will give up soon.
Bomb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 212d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8
Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Narrator

The blood from Jominda heals the ghost, but the damage is quite a lot and it starts showing.

Damage ghost: 51


Female Human Diviner (3)

Kendra keeps her distance from the flaming skeleton as best she can, and tries to hit the axe-wielding ghost once more.

Disrupt undead Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

She grins as she hits the ghost once more. "Take heart, friends, we shall finish this fiend soon!"


Narrator

Hey it is not your turn yet! But if you want to skip Father Grimburrow...
The ghost moves to Kendra to get another one bleeding.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d6 ⇒ 3

And as the good father seems to sleep the skeleton comes too.
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (2) = 6


"Go to Pharasma for judgement!" Vauran intones as another blast emenates from him.
Channel to harm: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 3) = 9


Female Human Diviner (3)

wasn't my intention to skip anyone. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention I guess!


Narrator

Will Save Ghost: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Father Grimburrow gets the party rid of that annoying skeleton and another one that walked into reach. But the ghost is still there.
Damage ghost: 55HP


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

Jorfa approaches the ghost again with her hammer.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
But misses.


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Jominda throws another bomb hoping it will be the last of the ghost.
Bomb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 262d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 = 13


Narrator

That's more than the ghost can take. It dissolves into thin air.


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Jorfa is again too slow to evade the splash of the bomb.
10HP damage


Female Human Diviner (3)

Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 5 14 damage total

Kendra moves so she can look into the hallway to spot any approaching flaming skeletons. She's sure that despite the darkness, any burning skeleton should be easily visible.
"Father, make sure everyone's ok again!"


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

"Yes please. I'm ruining my clothes again by bleeding into them" Jominda comments.


Channel to Heal: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 3) = 15
"I am sorry you are all hurt. This quickly become a lot more dangerous than I anticipated. We should check to make sure that that thing is properly dead."


Female Human Diviner (3)

"That is a good idea, Father. I shall watch the hallway in the meanwhile."


Narrator

From Hell's Basement comes another skeleton into the large center room. The last one stands somewhere close to the closed portcullis in the West. You can tell from the shine of the fire.


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

"I'm sorry I hurt you." Jominda apologizes to Jorfa. "I hope it wasn't too painful"


Female Human Diviner (3)

Kendra holds her fire for now, waiting to see if the skeletons close to them or if they haven't seen them yet.


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

"I'm torn between telling you to never do that again and telling it was worth it." Jorfa replies. "It certainly did a number on the ghost. With the Father taking care of us it is all healed. But it is like being hit by splashes of hot goo that stick to you until they are cooled down. I don't want to get used to that."


"It rose from the hole." Grimburrow says walking over to the hole. On the way he picks up a stone and casts light on it, to drop it down


Narrator

Of course the skeleton takes note of all life it can see and turns to go after Kendra.


Narrator

The remains of a prisoner lie in a heap at the bottom of the oubliette, along with about 30 feet of old rope. In addition, a fair amount of gear and other treasures lies among the Lopper’s bones. And a decapitated skull. To see more you would have to get down into the 30 foot deep hole.


Female Human Diviner (3)

"We've got incoming again" Kendra says as she does her by now almost signature spell
Disrupt undead Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4.

The ray from her hand hits the skeleton squarely in the chest.


Narrator

Kendra awaits the skeleton with grim determination and shoots it down as soon as it's in range. With an explosion the bones splinter and spread on the ground as it is hit.


Female Human Diviner (3)

"Another one's down. Any confirmation on the axeman?" This choice of wording rings a bell. "Hey... the axeman, wasn't that one of the leaders?"


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

Jominda takes a deep breath and takes in the surroundings. There is a faint light coming out of the oubliette lighting the Father's face as he looks in. And a short burst of light from the explosion of the skeleton. Then it is dark around her. Another faint light comes from the hallway around the corner but that reaches not to her.

And as the adrenaline rush ebbs off her legs start shaking. "I need to take a seat." she tells in a toneless voice. She tumbles along the wall and back into the room, sitting down on a chair.

Wow, simply wow. she thinks. Her whole body is shaking. A confusing mix of feelings flood her mind. Fear, pain, pride, courage. Jominda checks where she got hit by that huge ghostly axe. Nothing left. Everything healed. But the faint echo of the pain is still there. But her sanity seems gone. How else could it be that she is here in this cursed prison fighting burning skeletons and ghosts - and on her own free will. Tears of relief run down her cheeks. For she is still alive. And all the others too.


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

"We had two with large axes. Which one is the right one?" Jorfa asks. "You mean the Lopper, don't you?"


Female Human Diviner (3)

"Yes! That one!" she says. "Uhm... Can you check on Jominda? I can't see where I'm going if I need to walk after her. I'll help Father Grimburrow check if the lopper's dead... Or, well, exhumed, or something of the like."


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

"I think she just needs a minute." Jorfa replies. It makes her really uncomfortable as it reminds her about something in her own past.

She checks in both directions if there is an excuse not to. "I'll go and ask her." Jorfa walks to the door and looks in. "You're alright?"


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

Jominda looks up though she doesn't see anything in the darkness of the room. She nods and tells "I'm fine." More like a reflex like when you're greeted with 'How are you.'

"You're doing ok for a moment without me?"


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

"Yes." Jorfa replies and turns around.

"Where is that remaining skeleton? Let's take care of that." she asks and moves towards the light. Exploding skeletons can't be worse than having to continue this conversation.

Moving past Kendra Jorfa places herself where the skeleton can see her. "Hey bony! Over here."


Narrator

The skeleton needs no second invitation. It is straight on its way to Jorfa.

(What's going on in skeleton's heads? Is it like zombies? 'Braaaains!')


Female Human Diviner (3)

Liiiiiife!
Trusting Jorfa to be ok, she asks Vauran,
"No signs of unlife down there, Father? I suppose we could head back upstairs and ask misses Hawkran if she can feel the difference."


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

Hey I was counting on you to shoot it!
Jorfa smashes at the incoming skeleton.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d8 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 6 = 19

And then stoically takes the impact.
Explosion: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12


Narrator

In fact it is only 1d6 explosion damage


Female Human Alchemist (3) - Init+2, Save +3/+5/+3, AC16/12/14, HP 19

Jominda braces herself, wipes the tears off her cheeks and gets up again. She gropes her way back out of the room. "We should really get some light." she says as there is not much more than darkness in the hallway.

She walks over to Father Grimburrow. "We didn't bring some rope, did we?" she asks as she realizes that even the large ladder would be too short for that.


"I did not. But I may have something that could prevent us from needing to climb down." For a moment he fumbles about on his belt and removes a scroll.
Using his holy symbol like a torch he incants the writing on the scroll.
Detect undead, 2 rounds spent looking down the hole, then he goes back to the center of the branches and uses it in 2 round increments until used up in each of the cardinal directions.


Female Human Diviner (3)

spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
"I guess we won't be asking Mrs Hawkran then?" Kendra notes as she sees the detect undead spell being cast.


Narrator

Father Grimburrow:
The Oubliette and the hallway leading there are free of undead. But you don't get further than the main room until you notice the ghost of a friendly looking corpulent hunched man with a clerical tonsure. He is weighed down with chains and weights with holy symbols on them. And he stands behind Jorfa having his hand on her shoulder following her on every move.


"Jorfa, how are you feeling?" Grimburrow stops in his tracks and asks her. Anyone paying attention can tell something is wrong.
Know Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Female Dwarf Fighter(2)/Expert(3) - AC 17/10/17 Save +6/+2/+5 Ini+6 Perc.+10 HP 43

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
"A bit burned. I didn't expect it to be that harsh." Jorfa replies.


Narrator

Father Grimburrow:
It's a haunt.


"I am going to need to ask you to stand still for a moment." Vauran says as he walks over and very tentatively moves his hand into the space where the ghost hangs

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,984 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Foxy's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.