Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM_Foxy's 2nd Carrion Crown

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Carrion Crown AP

Feldgrau map


4,451 to 4,500 of 5,821 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>

Narrator

The homunculus reappears in another 'corner' of the room looking at the group.


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC20T14FF16
Alchemist 8 HP 61/61,Init+6,F8R8W4(6 fear)(+6 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+13

Err..I am not good with talking to others. wait! Do you understand us? Whoa re you? Why are you here?


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 3 / AC 18/21, Touch 11, Flat 17 / HP 56/56 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +11 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy (DC16/18) 5/7 Per Day

"We do not want to hurt you. Please, sit and tell us why you are here." Darius says as he sheathes his sword.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Narrator

The little guy flaps to the eastern wall and searches something on the ground. He finds a piece of chalk. In scrawly letters he writes WAXWOOD and points to himself.

He then paints something that looks like a man standing in a upright coffin and some monster thrice the size of the man raging in front of it. From the looks of the drawing the monster has claws like a crab and tentacles. Waxwood points to the man in the coffin and to the ceiling.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 8 (HP 75/75 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+12 | Ref:+7 | Will:+10 | Init + 3 | Perc + 8)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 10/10, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 2/2, 1: 2/2

Waxwood is it?
Is the man or man above the trapdoor, or in the webs?
What about the monster?


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 3 / AC 18/21, Touch 11, Flat 17 / HP 56/56 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +11 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy (DC16/18) 5/7 Per Day

"Hello Waxwood." Darius says calmly then kneels down to it's level.

"Waxwood, are you saying that someone upstairs is trapped and a this creature is angry and threatening him?"


HP 51 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+8 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

"Sorry my little friend, I was just attempting to make you visible nothing harmful. So the man above is being assaulted by the larger monster?"

any knowledge checks?


Narrator

The webs are not that dense. You see what's in the room.

Waxwood nods at trapdoor and shakes his head at webs. He points at Darius as he suggests a meaning and nods at assoulted by large monster.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 8 (HP 75/75 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+12 | Ref:+7 | Will:+10 | Init + 3 | Perc + 8)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 10/10, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 2/2, 1: 2/2

Ok lead the way up little little sir.

Just warn us where this monster is.

Grergof will follow where Waxwood leads.


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 3 / AC 18/21, Touch 11, Flat 17 / HP 56/56 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +11 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy (DC16/18) 5/7 Per Day

"Hold on there Grergof. If this creature is right behind the door it gives us a chance to be ready to fight it. Waxwood, is the creature right behind that door?" Darius asks.

If Waxwood answers yes then we can all start buffing ourselves before we go in.


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC20T14FF16
Alchemist 8 HP 61/61,Init+6,F8R8W4(6 fear)(+6 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+13

Spugnoir looks nervous. I have more extracts here, we better be extra ready.

Ok, this is what I have

Two Shield Extracts. +4 Shield AC for 7 Minutes
Barkskin +3 Natural AC for 70 minutes
Invisibility 7 minutes
Displacement 50% Miss chance for 7 rounds

Fox's Cunning Potion +4 INT for 3 minutes
Invisibility Potion 3 Minutes

1 Tanglefoot bag
Silver/Cold Iron Weapon Blanch 1 blow using the special material

Potion of Displacement from treasure 5 Rounds
Potion of Gaseous Form

Anyone still wounded?


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 3 / AC 18/21, Touch 11, Flat 17 / HP 56/56 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +11 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy (DC16/18) 5/7 Per Day

Darius hands Spugnoir a potion of Cat's Grace. "To help with your aim."

If Waxwood says yes. Darius pulls out his sword and makes a small cut across his left thumb and then sheathes his sword and holds out his right hand and says "I will need a drop of blood from each of you for this spell."

When he gets a drop from everyone he puts a drop from his thumb and closes his fist with the blood drops and utters an incantation and glow comes from his fist then disappears.

Casts Life Pact (7 mins):

School necromancy; Level cleric 2, shaman 2, sorcerer/wizard 2, witch 2

CASTING

Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, DF/M (a drop of blood from each target)

EFFECT

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets one willing living creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration 1 minute/level
Saving Throw Will negates (harmless); Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION

You bind the life forces of the targets into a mystical pact. If any target is reduced to fewer than 0 hit points, that target automatically triggers the power of the pact. The triggering target drains 1 hit point from all other targets who have at least 1 hit point and are within 30 feet of the triggering target; these hit points are applied to the triggering target as magical healing. This healing can prevent the triggering creature from dying, if the attack would cause the target’s to have an amount of negative hit points equal to its Constitution score. This healing cannot raise the triggering creature above 1 hit point; any excess hit points drained from other targets are wasted.

The pact can be triggered once per round. It’s not triggered by death effects or effects that do not deal hit point damage.

"I am almost ready. Though an armour extract or displacement would help a lot before we head in."


Narrator

Waxwood flaps over and blocks the way, shaking his head. Then he flies back and draws some more floors. with the horizontal lines he adds, you can see that the big nasty is directly above you. But above that Waxwood draws some more floors. One the roof of the tower and on some stilts another floor where Waxwood paints pointing arrows to.


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 3 / AC 18/21, Touch 11, Flat 17 / HP 56/56 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +11 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy (DC16/18) 5/7 Per Day

"What's he saying?"


HP 51 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+8 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

"I think the beast is many floors up, so lets hold off on casting spells."

Stam starts to take down some of the webbing.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 8 (HP 75/75 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+12 | Ref:+7 | Will:+10 | Init + 3 | Perc + 8)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 10/10, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 2/2, 1: 2/2

No, Mr, Truthfinder, I think you are wrong.

Waxwood, nod if each statement I say is right.
The nasty monster is directly through that trap door.

You do not want us to go that way, he points at the trap door.

You want us to go on the roof and then up the lightning rods where someone is trapped.


Narrator

Waxwood nods, nods, nods, and shakes his head at someone trapped. He draws some machinery on the lightning rod floor with multiple levers and some kind of antenna which emits some zig-zag ray to another monster with a grin. He writes friend besides that monster.


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC20T14FF16
Alchemist 8 HP 61/61,Init+6,F8R8W4(6 fear)(+6 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+13

So out around the outside then? Ohh boy.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 8 (HP 75/75 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+12 | Ref:+7 | Will:+10 | Init + 3 | Perc + 8)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 10/10, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 2/2, 1: 2/2

Grergof gathers all the parties rope and leads them back to the bridge.

Then using the rope of climbing he slowly makes his way to the top of the tower.

Take 10 climb +2 = 12 vs D.C. 5 for rope + Wall

If he gets to the top and there is no obvious danger on top, he stands on top, ties all the ropes together and then hauls up the rest of the party.

We really need some potions of levitation or something...


HP 51 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+8 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

"I can levitate yourself Grergof and Darius up since you are the heaviest, then you can let the ropes down and Spugnoir and myself can be pulled up?"

Stam will ready his magic.

if people agree stam will do levitate twice on G/D and then be pulled up.


Narrator

With some commotion and a mix of magic and ropes everyone gets up to the top platform. The tower roof is a flat platform high above the raging waters. A spire of twisted iron rises from the tower’s roof in a series of three triangular iron platforms. Perched at the very top stands a huge lightning conductor and numerous lightning rods.

The tower roof is 350 feet above the river below and has no guardrails. The triangular iron structure rises a further 30 feet above the tower, each of its three levels connected by an iron ladder. Strong winds blow at this height and the view is tremendous. You can look all the way to Lepidstadt. Although you can make out no details. The center of the roof has iron shutters that are closed.

A peculiar brass device, studded with dials and protrusions and filled with a strange purple liquid, stands high atop the tower, attached to a huge silvery conductor by thick, rubber-coated cables. Two handles stand out where one is supposed to hold it obviously.

By the notes you found you can tell this is the Bond Slave Thrall. And next to it the Storm Caller. Waxwood points to the Stormcaller flapping around the controls but looks as if he's at a loss what to do with it.

Activating it takes either a Knowledge(Arcana) DC20 or a UMD DC 25


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC20T14FF16
Alchemist 8 HP 61/61,Init+6,F8R8W4(6 fear)(+6 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+13

Oh...boy! Spugnoir manages to get up. My knees are weak. He edges away from the edge and avoids looking down as he makes his way
towards the machine and looks it over.
Know-Arcana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Oh FFS


Narrator

You get a +2 bonus for having the notes ;)


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC20T14FF16
Alchemist 8 HP 61/61,Init+6,F8R8W4(6 fear)(+6 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+13

Spugnoir suddenly remembers the notes and pulls it out. Flipping through the pages, understanding dawns.

Oh, yes. I see right here how this allows the flow of electrons to form a nexus that draws the required energy into it. Yes..YES! I finally understand, this can change so much. They said it couldn't be done, called me MAD! Well I'll show them mad!


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 8 (HP 75/75 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+12 | Ref:+7 | Will:+10 | Init + 3 | Perc + 8)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 10/10, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 2/2, 1: 2/2

Ummm.. Mr. Spuginor, do you want to let the rest of us know what you figured out?


HP 51 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+8 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

K. Arcana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

"he figured out how to flip the switch!" Stam has a grin on his face. "This will allow electricity (insert GM knowledge here)"


Narrator

GM has no knowledge about technical details of this magic apparatus :P. Flip the switch - I dare you


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC20T14FF16
Alchemist 8 HP 61/61,Init+6,F8R8W4(6 fear)(+6 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+13

Everyone get themselves ready. there is no telling what will happen after I flip this switch. Our world might be torn apart!

Time to buff people

Spugnoir drinks the potion of Cat's Grace and Fox's Cunning and Takes the Life Pact from Darius

Two Shield Extracts. +4 Shield AC for 7 Minutes
Barkskin +3 Natural AC for 70 minutes
Invisibility 7 minutes
Displacement 50% Miss chance for 7 rounds

Fox's Cunning Potion +4 INT for 3 minutes (Spugnoir)
Invisibility Potion 3 Minutes

1 Tanglefoot bag
Silver/Cold Iron Weapon Blanch 1 blow using the special material

Potion of Displacement from treasure 5 Rounds
Potion of Gaseous Form

I suggest we keep the potions and extracts with a short duration on hand in case we get a very nasty surprise and quaff them quickly

Spugnoir will hand out the items as asked and then begin operating the machine, his face becoming ecstatic as he gets more and more into things


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 8 (HP 75/75 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+12 | Ref:+7 | Will:+10 | Init + 3 | Perc + 8)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 10/10, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 2/2, 1: 2/2

Hold on...

Waxwood, are you asking us to activate this? Is that how we get you friend to come?

Gergof would be happy to take the displacement extract or potion. I'm probably going to be the one in the front line and unless we totally buff my AC that's probably my best bet to keep me alive.


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 3 / AC 18/21, Touch 11, Flat 17 / HP 56/56 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +11 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy (DC16/18) 5/7 Per Day

"Agreed, Grergof takes the Displacement, and I'll have a Shield extract."


Narrator

Stam:
You figured out how to activate the Bondslave Thrall, once the Stormcaller is running.

Waxwood nods to Grergof.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 8 (HP 75/75 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+12 | Ref:+7 | Will:+10 | Init + 3 | Perc + 8)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 10/10, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 2/2, 1: 2/2

Ok, let's try this.

Grergof puts the extract where it is easy to reach on his belt, draws out his flail and readies to defend his companions from any threats while they are working.


HP 51 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+8 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

Stam will take a deep breath and flip the switch, or pull the lever or both if needs be.


Narrator

As Stam flips the switch nothing happens. At least not immediately. Then the apparatus starts to hum and send out sparks of electricity. The sky starts to darken over the tower with large dark clouds rapidly forming.

Below you you hear the raging of the monster as it starts pounding the ceiling making the whole construction you stand on tremble.
4d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 6) + 9 = 20
4d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 1) + 9 = 20
Damage: 20

Meanwhile you find yourself in a rising thunderstorm
Lightning hits Grergof, Stam, Darius, Spugnoir, lightning rod, ...: 1d12 ⇒ 10
with lightning striking close to you into the metal rods.

Waxwood has a hard time and gives up on flying. Clinging to the floor he points to the Bondslave Thrall.


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC20T14FF16
Alchemist 8 HP 61/61,Init+6,F8R8W4(6 fear)(+6 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+13

Spugnoir activates the Bondslave Thrall. Get ready people! We're either getting attacked or falling into the water.


Narrator

The Bondslave Thrall adds its own high-pitched whine to the deep hum of the Storm Caller, and the purple alchemical liquid inside it begins rapidly boiling.

Spgnoir:
You become aware of the Beast of Lepidstadt, and can even feel some of its pain and misery. You also become aware that you can call the Beast and control its actions. You see as through the beast's eyes. Which is currently standing in the gate house.


Narrator

The monster continues to smash at the ceiling that stands between you and the monster.
Damage: 4d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 6) + 9 = 21
Damage: 4d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 5) + 9 = 22
Damage: 43

The shutter bulges dangerously. It won't stand another attack.


Narrator

Lightning: 1d12 ⇒ 6
Another lightning strikes next to you into a metal rod.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 8 (HP 75/75 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+12 | Ref:+7 | Will:+10 | Init + 3 | Perc + 8)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 10/10, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 2/2, 1: 2/2

This is it Brothers! Make ready!

Gergof drinks the displacement extract, and moves himself between the rest of the group and the doors the thing is clearly coming through.
Then he readies an attack as soon as the monster comes in reach.

Ready attack:
Heavy Flail - Power Attack + Furious Focus: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 2 + 2 = 27
Damage + Power Attack: 1d10 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 6 = 13


Narrator

Damage: 4d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 3) + 9 = 18
The monster smashes the shutter a last time and it falls down in pieces giving way for the ugly creation. It steps out of the tower onto the rim of the roof holding to the metal structure. Even though it's three floors below you it's crab like claw clings to the bottom of your floor.

Grergof manages to connect with his flail raising the anger of the monster.


HP 51 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+8 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

Stam casts an incantation on his staff, holding it up high over everyone.

"Stay close and it won't see us, this may give us the element we need to win." Stam shouts over the wind, holding his clothing and pouches down with his free hand.

Invisibility Sphere


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC20T14FF16
Alchemist 8 HP 61/61,Init+6,F8R8W4(6 fear)(+6 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+13

Spugnoir commands the Beast Come to the bondslave thrall and storm caller! Spugnoir looks at Waxwood. Feed me Shield infusion! Spugnoir points at a vial at his waist.

Shield +4 Shield AC for 7 Minutes


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 3 / AC 18/21, Touch 11, Flat 17 / HP 56/56 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +11 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy (DC16/18) 5/7 Per Day

As the Life pact Spell and drinks the shield extract. After that he casts Divine Power on himself.

Divine Power:

School evocation; Level cleric 4
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, DF
Range personal
Target you
Duration 1 round/level
Calling upon the divine power of your patron, you imbue yourself with strength and skill in combat. You gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, Strength checks, and Strength-based skill checks for every three caster levels you have (maximum +6). You also gain 1 temporary hit point per caster level. Whenever you make a full-attack action, you can make an additional attack at your full base attack bonus, plus any appropriate modifiers. This additional attack is not cumulative with similar effects, such as haste or weapons with the speed special ability.

"It's going to get messy."


HP 51 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+8 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

Stam feeds Spugnoir the potion


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC20T14FF16
Alchemist 8 HP 61/61,Init+6,F8R8W4(6 fear)(+6 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+13

Spugnoir glugs.

Best set up a buffed stat block so the DM and you can check your buffed stats. Helps avoid 'But I was buffed!


HP 51 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+8 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +8

Once the invisibility spell is up, Stam will rummage around in his bag and pull out a scroll, finishing the incantation on the scroll, Stam will make a sign of horns by where Grergof was.

Bulls Str +4


Narrator

AS everyone disappears from sight the monster emits a almost inaudible low frequency sound that makes everything tremble.
DC14 Will save or be paniced for two rounds
DC 14 Fortitude save or fall prone and be nauseated for 1d4+1 rounds.

Spugnoir:
You need to tell what your only help is going to do. Or it keeps standing in the gate house.


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC20T14FF16
Alchemist 8 HP 61/61,Init+6,F8R8W4(6 fear)(+6 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+13

Move forwards to the next building! Spugnoir drives the Beast forwards across the bridge.
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Quick stats:

HP 54/54
AC 16/12/14 (24/20/22 with Mutagen,Cat's Grace,Shield)
Saves F7/R7/W4(6 fear) (+4 vs. Poison)
Weapon in hand:Mace+1
Special effects: Mutagen,Cat's Grace(+4 Dex)Fox's Cunning (+4 Int +2 bomb damage),Life Pact,Shield (+4 shield AC)
Bombs:10/11


Narrator

The beast runs towards the house, pulls itself up to the balcony and climbs the roof. From there it jumps over to the next building.


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC20T14FF16
Alchemist 8 HP 61/61,Init+6,F8R8W4(6 fear)(+6 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+13

West across the bridge! Spugnoir assumes direct control so he can guide the Beast through to where the group is.

4,451 to 4,500 of 5,821 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM_Foxy's 2nd Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.