Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Fnord's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Aoth Anskuld


1,401 to 1,435 of 1,435 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

If Jory can, he attempts to disrupt the spell.
Jory held his std action targeting the caster when the bartender acted to force a con check and prevent this.
Using his skill to get this shot right.
perfect shot hit1/hit 2/dam
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 111d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Jory:
No line of sight to the caster until after she shatters the aquarium, but your shot can go off as soon as it shatters.

As the glass shatters, Jory looses an arrow that passes through the falling glass neatly, but passes just an inch from the bartenders head, its path seeming to bend very slightly from the otherwise perfect path towards her. Shot would have hit except the mage armor stopped it...

Tal: It'll take you another turn to get to the south end of the dock, at which point you can see her surfacing and glancing back from about 120' away from you, on her way out to sea. You have time for a shot at that point if you want to take it, with no penalty other than range.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal draws his bow and knocks an arrow and then, muttering a curse to himself that would make Karzak proud and Tiann grimace, lowers his bow and walks back into the tavern.


The bartender makes good her escape, presumably swimming away, but not surfacing again in any case.

You are essentially done, other than some RP potential if you want to play out anything else for the cleanup. You've met all the success conditions for the scenario, and mechanically, all that remains to be done is to lock in your final faction selections. I'll post the blurbs for each faction later this evening, and follow up on any RP people may want to do before we call it an end. Everyone will be earning 401 gold when I finish the chronicle sheets. I'll produce the final versions of all 3 chronicles for everyone when your faction choices are completed, at which point I'll also report this scenario and update the reports for the others to award full prestige.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal makes his way back to his companions. She got away. If I had flippers and fins I may have been able to catch up with her. Is everyone OK?


The web lasts for almost another half an hour (yes, she was a level 3 illusionist). There are two grievously wounded gill-men who are unconscious but stable.

You still have the letter from Lady Morilla to the Gillman embassy; you can go there if you want. You prevented this group from obtaining the artifact you brought, in exchange for what Nester informs everyone seems to be a well-made fake that they brought.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak gives Tal a nod to the affirmative, then looks fo Nestor. 'Ell, this sure can't be what yer bosses planned for ya', right? Whatcha wanna do now? I'm all fer followin' that slippery fishgirl ta' whatever hole she's carved out fer 'erself.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

We could continue on to the embassy...but considering the ambush they tried here I'm a bit nervous about walking straight into the lion's den. Tal offers Nester a nod. We have our artifact...and we have their fake. I say let the higher ups sort this mess out.

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 31/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

I agree with Tal. I am not for one to venture outside the scope of our orders.

I formally select Andoran for my faction, of course.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak grunts noncommittally, then nods. Fair 'nuff, though I'd rather see that bartender speared and gutted. She'll be dangerous if we ever see 'er like again.

I'm not really sure what faction to go with yet; none really seem to fit Karzak all that well.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Karzak...unless you have some hidden swimming talent I'd say you'd have a hard time catching up to our bartender. On the other hand she seems to have left the bar unattended, and I have managed to build up a mighty thirst.


Nester considers. "I don't believe these three represented the attitude of the gill-men as a whole. We should interrogate our prisoners, but I suspect this was a group of criminals, or something more insidious. We need to report back to the Society, and get the artifact safely back to Escadar I'd say. How would you propose to track a gill-man on the open ocean?"

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

I agree Nester...that gill....woman? already has a significant head start on us; and I can attest that she can swim faster than we can walk. If we ever do see her again, it will not be this day.

Let's fix ourselves a drink; and if you think we'll be safe at the Gill-men's embassy we can deliver Lady Morilla's letter and then return our artifact safely to the Society.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak's eyes light up at Tal's diversion, and he starts towards the bar. He growls over his shoulder at Nester, obviously being above consideration of such things as tracking...Karzak is swift to action and rarely thinks prior to engaging in it.

Yeah; we'll head back then with the artifact...just after we properly insulate our insides fer the journey. He begins rummaging behind the bar for a few mugs.


Nester says, "With all that fighting, I'm sure the town watch will be showing up soon. Can someone help tie up these two? It would look better for us if we try to insure the prisoners survival, and they may also know more about what happened here today."

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

I've got it. Tal uses his rope to tie the prisoners back to back, making certain to fashion it in such a way that their hands are restrained.

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 31/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake will assist Tal in trussing up the wounded.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"Can someone detect magic? They may have stashed the real relic around in case there was a peaceful way out. Karzak, let's search this place as only dwarves can."

Jory begins to 'toss the place'.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Nobody has detect magic. Nester examines anything you're not sure about, but he doesn't think there's anything of value here.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Once the authorities have arrived and taken care of our prisoners...

Nester, can you lead us to the gillman's embassy?


Nester nods.

Once at the embassy, you find the Gillmen there completely unaware of the activities of the bartender and her allies, and if you try to accuse them of being complicit in it, they are definitely a little put off.

If you are diplomatic and don't offend the ambassador too much, he accepts Gloriana Morilla's letter, though when he opens it, he simply smirks to himself and shakes his head at a silent joke he doesn't share with you.

When eventually you make your way back to Absalom, Drandle Dreng is glad you were not duped. He believes that the three were Aspis Consortium agents, and warns you that the Aspis Consortium is the greatest threat to the Pathfinder Society and that you should be ever vigilant against the organization in your ongoing careers.

Your chosen faction leaders send you letters welcoming you to your factions: HERE

Those of you who haven't picked a faction, please do so.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal seeks out Jake.

I've enjoyed working with you and hope to do so again in the future; and as long as it doesn't detract from the overall mission I will always support the Andorans in any way that I can.

But I fear I must pledge my loyalty to the Grand Lodge itself. If these past few weeks have taught me anything it's that being moved around like pieces on a game board has placed us in deeper dangers than we would have otherwise found ourselves; and I can't allow myself to participate in the hidden agendas or personal grudges that these factions perpetuate.

Tal chooses the Grand Lodge.


Thanks Tal.

I have faction choices down for Tal and Jake. It's possible others have posted their faction choices before we started part 3, and I just didn't write them down because nothing was official til the end of part 3. So everybody else, please let me know what your choice is, even if you said it a month or two ago. :)


Karzak:
For Karzak, either a straightforward Grand Lodge ("I'm a pathfinder here to kick some butt, all this politics is annoying") or one of the factions that seems like it welcomes mercenary types would probably be good.

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 31/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

It was truly a pleasure Tal, and although you have chosen another path, I will always consider you a trusted friend.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory will pick Grand Lodge unless there is a faction for monks or archers.


I actually made my dwarf zen archer silver crusade, but he's the brother of a cleric, and a little mystical.

Ultimately you'd probably fit in pretty well with most of the non-evil non-chaotic factions.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak will choose the Grand Lodge as well, not relly seeing anywhere else where he'd fit in.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

I think the Grand Lodge has an open bar. Karzak will love it!

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Silver Crusade. Jory likes doing good deeds.


OK, got everybody but Tiann. I sent a note a day or two ago, so hopefully I'll hear back soon.

In the meantime, my bachelor party is tonight, so I'm probably not going to be able to do all of the chronicle sheets until sunday night or monday. I'll do the reporting at that time; I can always update the report later when Tiann picks a faction.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Wow...have fun tonight and congrats! Give me a shout if you need me to wire bail money! LOL!


Chronicle sheets for part 3 are up: HERE

Working on updating the part 1 and 2 sheets for the final prestige awards.

1,401 to 1,435 of 1,435 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fnord's PFS First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.