Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Fnord's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Aoth Anskuld


301 to 350 of 1,435 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak nods at Tiann, though he looks decidedly uncomfortable as she grabs his hand. He grunts his thanks, then nods to Jory. On three, then...err, les' just throw the damn thing! He waits for Ice to point to the creature's aura and then hurls the net in its direction.

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Reflex1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Concealment1d2 ⇒ 1
Attack roll (using guidance)1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


Ice's perception roll will be a new one, the one above was for spotting a useful item. So, he can use your guidance on it.

Unfortunately there will not be time in between the various rolls Karzak has to make for casting more guidance, so he will have to choose which roll to use it on.


Karzak, you can't see the aura, only Ice Glen Inlet can. He has to point out where to throw. When I get his perception, that will determine what square he told you to target, and then I'll just use the rolls you've already made to play it out (though as I've already said that a 1 on the concealment 50/50 is a miss, so...there will be a thrown net on the square you target).


Ice Glen Inlet thinks he spots a pattern in the creature's movement, and when he thinks the timing is right, he points at a spot (in C3) for Karzak to throw.

Karzak is just a little too slow on the throw however, and the net falls to the ground without encountering his target. However, a second later, Karzak feels the rope in his hand jerk, and there is a slapping sound of flesh hitting floor as an invisible devil trips over the net's rope.

"Ow!" shouts a disembodied voice.

Perception:
Ice Glen Inlet: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 (low-light)
Tiann Ceriagh'u: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Jory Redcap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 (+2 vs stonework, auto)
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 (low light)
Jake Hargrove: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Karzak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 (darkvision 60')

Ice Glen Inlet, Tiann, Jory, and Talhaearn could tell where the invisible creature fell prone. Karzak just knows the enemy is somewhere near the net, but not enough to target yet. Jake missed the whole thing.

Initiative:
Ice Glen Inlet: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Tiann Ceriagh'u: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Jory Redcap: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Jake Hargrove: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Karzak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Enemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Init order:
17: Karzak
15: Talhaearn
14: Ice Glen Inlet
13: Tiann
7.5: Jake
7: Enemy
5: Jory

Karzak, you're up.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak roars in anger at his miss, blaming it fully on the invisible creature. Still, he has the presence of mind to remember the perfumed lady's words when she gave them the silver knife. With a grunt, he charges towards the silver sap...a fine weapon for clubbing someone to death.

Rush to E8 to pick up the devil-club

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal Round 1 Init 15

Move Action: Move to D5
Standard Action: Attack with Silver Letter Opener toward where I think the creature is.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

HP 10/10, AC 17/14/13, F:+1 R:+6 W+1 (+2 enchantments)
Up next: Ice

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Concealment check for above
1d2 ⇒ 1


Tal targets the creature's location but does not connect.

Perception:
Karzak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Jake: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Karzak was looking when Tal attacked, and sees where Tal was trying to strike.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard - 1

Ice will cast blinding ray on the creature

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Ice Glen Inlet:
Only you can see that your ray went right where the creature would have been if it had been standing, but it was prone.

Tiann's up next.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann round 1 init 13

Tiann holds her action until she can see the creature, then she will cast Forbid Action (move) on it.

HP 11/11, AC 17/10/17, F:+4,R:+0,W:+6
Up next: Jake

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake will hold his action until he can see the little pest and then attack with his Greatsword.

Greatsword ATT:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Greatsword DAM:2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 6) + 7 = 19

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Crit DAM: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 3) + 7 = 15

Initiative 7.5, HP:13/13, AC: 17, Power ATT, F:+4, R:+1, W:+2


Round 1, init 7.

The creature says, "A net? What am I, a butterfly?"

Ice Glen Inlet:
You see the magic auras get up off the floor.

Perception:

Ice Glen Inlet: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 (low-light)
Tiann Ceriagh'u: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Jory Redcap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 (+2 vs stonework, auto)
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 (low light)
Jake Hargrove: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Karzak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 (darkvision 60')

Everyone hears the box smashing against the southern wall of the room, and since it's still not visible, you know approximately where the creature just ran, since it must still be holding it.

Jory is up.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory Round 1 Init 5
Magic Resistance = DC6
AC: 15; ff 14; Touch: 15
HP=11/11
CMD=17 (+4 bull rush and trip when on solid ground)
Fort Save: +4
Ref Save: +3
Will Save: +6
action
Kharzad to go

Jory considers the powder and the net.

Too subtle--let's go for it.

Jory decides to go for a grapple after rushing to the location of the box. Being untrained he is unsure if the creature will attack, but then that might make him visible.

Concealment/CM 1d2 ⇒ 11d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

The powder! Of course!

Tiann calls out to Jory, her eyes wide with an idea. Oi! We can't hit the invisible bugger, but if we toss the powder on the floor, he'll kick it around and we'll know where he is, right?


Powder - rules here

Jory runs over and attempts to grab the creature, but bear hugs the air.

The creature, however, takes the opportunity to sting Jory with its pointy tail. "Back off! I just want the box!"
Attack: sting 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 HIT, damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

Jory takes damage, creature is now visible. It is a tiny red humanoid around 2' tall, with wings and a (stinger-laden) tail. Roll your knowledge(planes) for information about it.

17: Karzak
15: Talhaearn
14: Ice Glen Inlet
7: Enemy
5: Jory
4.5: Jake
4: Tiann

BEFORE round 2, anybody who was holding action for the devil to be visible can go now, out of order. Your new init will be 4. I believe that is Tiann and Jake.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"Ouch, I declare dwarf-demon diplomacy denied and desisted."
HP=8/11

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann round 1 init 4

Tiann cringes as the creature connects with Jory. I'll take care of that, but for now we've got to stop the bugger moving!

She raises her holy symbol to eye level and chants quietly, then louder, staring at the little thing intently.

Forbid Action (Move): DC 15 Will
Oh, and just in case it has spell resistance. Caster level check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Spell text:
School enchantment (compulsion) [language-dependent, mind-affecting]; Level cleric 1, inquisitor 1
Casting Time 1 standard action
Component V
Range close (25 ft. +5 ft./2 levels)
Target one creature
Duration 1 round
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes
You forbid the target a single course of action, which it avoids to the best of its ability. You may demand the target not take actions that fall into one of the following options.

Attack: The target cannot take any action that involves an attack roll, or uses a spell or ability that targets a foe or an area that includes a foe.

Cast: Target cannot cast spells or use spell-like abilities.

Communicate: The target cannot take any actions that allow it to communicate with anyone. This includes such acts as speaking, Bluff checks to pass secret messages, writing, and using telepathy. It does not prevent verbalizations made for purposes other than communication, such as command words or the verbal component of spellcasting.

Draw: Target cannot ready or prepare any item, weapon, component, or equipment.

Move: The target can take no act that would cause it to end up in a different location. The target does not resist being moved by others (and thus can be picked up or dragged, or can float along on a raft), but does not consciously attempt to move (including not directing a mount to move).

The target is free to take any actions not forbidden by the caster. For example, a target affected by this spell's demand to not move is still free to cast spells, make attacks, or shout for help.

HP 11/11, AC 17/10/17, F:+4,R:+0,W:+6


Devil will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The devil will not move until init 4 next round.

Up next Jake, then round 2 will start with Karzak.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

My last action was held until I could see the creature, then the attack occurs, and it was a potential crit! Please don't tell me that is wasted?


I see. The attack hit but the crit did not confirm. I assume your sword is a normal, mundane sword, no special materials?


When the devil reappears, Jake capitalizes, running across the room and slashing viciously at the creature, leaving it barely standing, shocked at the horrible gash. Even with its resistance to the weapon, that attack still nearly took him out.

The devil screams, "Stop! I surrender! You win...take the box...I can't believe I have failed..."

The devil kneels before Jake, clutching at its wound, and presents Jake with the box.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard - 1

Ya thats right... you little demon... thing. And don't try any of this nonsense again, cause there's more where that came from! Right?

Ice looks to Karz for approval for his trash talking.


"You have bested me, but I don't wish to leave so soon. Take the blasted box, but I beg you, do not open it. Tell Mistress Dralneen I deserve what comes my way."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak looks down forlornly at the weapon he had scooped up off the table, as if he were a child who wasn't allowed to play with a new toy. He looks up at Ice's taunts. Har! Nearly split the thing in two Jake! I didn't even get a chance ta' club it or net it...damned silly flyin' demon. He steps up next to Ice and lends his imposing glower to the Wizard's bold words. Failed at what, now? Gettin' away, ya' mean?


"Failed my kind in keeping this foul box out of the hands of mortals. Oh, please, do not open it!"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard - 1

Umm... Why? What's inside? If you don't tell me, I assure you I will open it, and I will tell everyone you gave it to us without a fight and told us we could have whats inside...

1d20 ⇒ 15 Intimidate


"I was told that it holds a dark leather bag and a silver hook that allows the user to draw imps, subservient to them, directly from Hell. The bag must remain hidden to protect my people from mortals!"

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann scoffs. Protect your people from mortals? I think you have it backwards. Tell us why we shouldn't end you. She stands to her full height, staring at the creature the same as before.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak blinks in surprise at Tiann's threat. She really does have a set. Bolstered by the consent of the group's spiritual leader, he stands ready and willing to administer a killing blow with his nifty new weapon.


The devil stands, defiant, and spits on the floor. "I'll not beg for my life from the likes of you."

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Talhaearn, clearly uncomfortable with being the voice of reason, speaks up regardless. Perhaps we should deliver this little fellow to our hostess and be on our way with the box. If it truly contains what he claims it does I suspect it will be safe in the hands of the Society.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak snorts, and points at the devil. It's done admitted itself ta' being from Hell! He looks to Tiann, his new ally, to give her blessing for him to bludgeon the little beast.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard - 1

Sometimes, the darkest places hold the brightest lights

He has surrendered, i will have no part killing what is now our prisoner. If we do that, we are no better than the beasts currently roving the pits of hell

I concur full heartedly with Talhaearn.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Then again... it's not our job to dispatch this cretin today. We've done our job, so it's probably best to just move on. I'd rather avoid a conflict with Ambrus for making a scene here.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Wise words Tiann, wise words. For what its worth I suspect his life in the hands our hostess will be a fate far worse than death.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Just say the word and he is a memory, I assure you!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak huffs, but nods slowly to acquiesce. He gives the devil a stern look. Jus' see we don't regret it; next time ya' won't be so lucky..

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"Ok he is going back with me."

"Allowing him to possibly kill others or give information to lead to the harm of innocents is a responsibility I do not want."

Jory will grapple the demon to submission and tie him up. "The society gets a bonus delivery. If anyone asks, tell them Jory the dwarf did it, they'll understand."

CM 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Can't waste a 20.

"Struggle and you may get hurt."


It's a devil, not a demon :)

Jory attacking Imp. Surprise round, initiative:
Jory: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Imp: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

15: Jory
7: Imp

Jory gets the drop on the imp, and grapples him.

(AoO) Sting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
(AoO) The imp tries to sting Jory as he grapples him, but misses.

The Imp then tries to sting Jory again, and succeeds.
Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21, damage 1d4 ⇒ 4
Jory takes 4 damage.

Initiative for everyone else:
Ice Glen Inlet: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Tiann Ceriagh'u: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Jake Hargrove: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Karzak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Round 1, order:
31: Ice Glen Inlet
19: Tiann
16: Karzak
15: Jory
8: Talhaearn
7: Imp
6: Jake

Ice is up first. If he doesn't post in a couple of hours we'll just have him hold his action.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard - 1

Ice will delay, really wanting no part in this fight.


Init 19, Tiann.

MAP

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann round 1 init 19

Damnit, Jory, just let him go! She moves up to him and lays a hand on him, trying to heal some of his wounds.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 That'll be the domain slot, not spontaneously casting.

HP 11/11, AC 17/10/17, F:+4,R:+0,W:+6
Up next: Karzak

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak roars in anger as he sees the squirming devil lash out wildly with its wicked tail. He rushes at the grappled beast, aiming a heavy strike of his sap at the thing's hideous skull.

Raging; move to C7; attack with silver sap
Attack1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage (nonlethal)1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Karzak misses, Jory's turn. You can roll CMB at +5 to pin or to do your unarmed strike damage as lethal or nonlethal. If you miss, he escapes your grapple. Alternately, you can roll CMB at -10 to try to tie him up without pinning him.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Jake is currently in possession of the box...correct?


Yes, we can presume that Jake took the box when it was offered.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

CM for the pin 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
"By Rorg's Beard, devil stay still."


You are no longer grappling the imp.

Tal is up.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal's eyes widen, trying to make sense of the visual cacophony taking place before him. He is visibly frustrated...increasingly so because he can't figure out exactly what he can do to help this situation.

Realizing any action he takes will simply make a bad situation even worse, Tal walks out of the room. (to J6.)

Imp is up.

301 to 350 of 1,435 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fnord's PFS First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.