Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

GM Fnord's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Aoth Anskuld


251 to 300 of 1,435 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak does not, indeed, pass on the drink, but gulps some down so fast that golden rivulets run down the side of his chin, to get lost in his thick beard.

If we don't go to tha' vaults next, I'm going to need more rats ta' squish. He pats his hammer fondly as he keeps his eyes focused outside of the carriage, looking for their tail.

Perception
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Guaril...before we go could you indulge us a small favor? Jory...do you still have that picture of the man who is following us?

Tal waits semi-patiently as the drawing is produced and then shows it to Guaril.

Does this person look at all familiar to you?

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann passes on the drink, wanting more to focus on her work and try to spot anyone following them.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Guaril looks at the picture, twirling his moustache with his left hand. "Hmm. I don't think so, no. Who is he?"

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Wish I knew Guaril. I wish I knew.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"To be efficient, maybe we get the item loaned from the vaults first and bring it back to the vaults. Visiting a noble on their own estate should not lead to much trouble. I am sure the Chelish have a civil disposition."

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann grins at the dwarf. I don't know; I get the impression that she's not exactly willing to give up the item in question. Else why would the Pathfinders need to go retrieve it? Either way, yes, let's get moving.

She bows to Guaril and makes towards the carriage.


Arriving at Paracountess Zarta Dralneen's townhouse in the Ivy District - one of several homes the noblewoman keeps around Absalom - you come upon a magnificent gothic structure three stories in height. The ebon lacquered double doors wrought with gleaming silver fixtures greet you, a prickly brass cone hanging from a chain serving as a door chime.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory rings the doorbell.

I guess my rune shouldn't be on this door. Well we will see how friendly things are first.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Talhaearn looks at the cone and the chain it hangs upon. He offers a shrug to his companions before using the chime to alert the house of their arrival.

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

jake stands behind Talhaearn with his arms crossed.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann looks back at Jake. What's getting you, eh?

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Nothing, yet. The wealthy often disregard of the freedom of others. I will not be happy if she has slaves.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Ugh, I hadn't thought of that. 't is quite a terrible thing indeed. Yet such is the way of the world. If we were to do something about it, what would it be? She looks on, pensive.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

This group? Tonight? We can do nothing I'm afraid. Still the idea of people being considered property disturbs me as well.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak snorts. Slaves? What's the good in havin' someone waitin' on ya'...ya'd never learn to do a thing for yourself! Won't find a self-respectin' dwarf keepin someone around ta scrub 'is smallclothes!

the dwarf stands and waits, rather impatiently, for the high-brow slave keeper.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Talhaearn laughs at the Dwarf's surprisingly apt wisdom. "I could not have put it better myself."


Moments after ringing the chime, a servant in loose casual attire opens the door, greeting you, "Ah, my mistress is expecting you, please follow me."

Led through well-appointed sitting rooms, ballrooms, and a grand stairway granting a view of an elaborate study, you finally arrive on the third floor of the house, at the door of Zarta's personal study, which lies beyond her bedroom. Knocking on the door and announcing his presence, the servant opens the darkly stained wooden door.

A large intricate carpet dominates the marble floor in this sitting room. A chaise sits along the north wall and a desk spans the southeast corner, its chair positioned with its back to the southwest corner of the room. Three comfortable chairs are positioned around a small, low circular table.

Sitting in the chair behind the desk, Paracountess Zarta Dralneen regards you with a wry smile, putting away a few papers before standing to address you.

"Aldor, you are dismissed. Close the door behind you and attend to your other tasks." She then turns her attention to the group. "It’s always so incredibly adorable when I see a fresh-faced batch of Pathfinders. I mean, look at you scrumptious little teacakes. I could eat each and every one of you up. Well, maybe not you." Zarta points at Jory. "I assume this isn’t a pleasure visit since most of you are terribly overdressed for that manner of occasion, so that must mean you are here for that trinket Valsin has been nagging me about. Seems I can’t get that man around these parts anymore," she gestures, sliding her hand down her body and widening the gesture to sweep out and across the room as if her home were a secondary thought. "On the good side, he always sends me all the precious new recruits.

"Many think we in Cheliax serve and worship devils, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, we use the creatures for their power. They serve us and we sculpt their power in our own interests. The world must come to terms with the order of things. People need to know their place and operate accordingly. It is the only way to make order from this world. Too many people stretch too far beyond their station, making waves and eroding the true order."

MAP

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Devils? Serve mortals? Either she's hopelessly naive or lying to us.

Tiann stifles a chuckle that she passes off as coughing and clearing her throat. She steps forward and nods to Zarta.

Absolutely, yes. Now, then, you know why we're here, so let's get down to business, shall we? Her voice is firm and her eyes hard, gaze unwavering.


"Yes, the trinket sweet Ambrus sent you to retrieve."

"It is a seven-lock iron case. I would advise not trying to tamper with the case when bringing it back to the Grand Lodge; the seven locks are incredibly difficult to bypass, and the case has magical protections as well. I don't know much about the box, aside from it having a connection with devils and Hell."

As the paracountess talks, a cacophony of booms and crashes sounds from beyond the room's west door. She sometimes pauses at an extended eruption of these noises before continuing with the conversation.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard - 1

Heh, that connection seems unlikely, there is surely a logical explanation for whatever makes you think that...


A DC 1-ish knowledge(history) will tell you that Cheliax is a lawful evil nation run by worshippers of Asmodeus. :) If she thinks that, it's probably because it's true.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak looks at the Paracountess in disbelief, then looks at each of his companions (except Jory...he's a dwarf too) as if each were the cause of the woman's obviously nefarious relations. Whuzzat? Wha? How? Beasts? A box with locks from Hell? What're ya' about woman? We need the damn trinket, not a box full of what may be nothin', locked with vile words from forked tongues!

One meaty hand wraps about the handle of his massive hammer as he points at the box, his eyes steadily focused on the Paracountess. Open it!

This'll go over well...intimidate
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


You haven't seen the box yet...

Zarta laughs as she sees Karzak's distress. "You're silly, but at least you're eager to get your job done. The box IS the trinket you are tasked to retrieve. As for opening it, I have been trying to bypass its protection the entire time I've had it, but I have not managed to do so yet."

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"Okay, let's see this box. It better be what Valsin wants. Now, tell us what you know about it besides you can't open it."


The paracountess points at the doors opposite the ones where you entered.

"The box is in my bedroom. The only other thing I can tell you that I've determined about the box is the nature of its magical protection; it seems to be magically warded with abjuration magic intermingled with strong evocation magic, in addition to the seven masterwork locks."

Indicating the door to the bedroom again, she explains, "A servant is greatly misbehaving. You're going to have to deal with it in order to get the trinket."

She goes over to the desk in her study, opening a drawer and drawing out an exquisite silver letter opener shaped like a dagger (treat as a masterwork silver dagger). "You might need this to get it to submit," she offers with a sly grin.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann blanches a bit at Zarta's use of "it" and her proffering the silver dagger. Now I see why we're here. She's evidently lost control of whatever's in her chambers, and needs our help.

She takes the dagger, grips it by the blade and offers the hilt to any of the men who will take it. Some of you are surely better with this than I am. Just in case we need it, who will take it?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak's brow furrows at the description of the box, his attempt at understanding it obviously a lost cause. But I thought that there was the box.. His eyes linger on a small letterbox on the desk, then he shakes his bushy head to clear the thought.

That the servant we hear makin' all that noise, then? 'Ere, I'll take it; I can take a fine poundin' ta get close ta' whatever it is, an' you'll need a strong dwarven arm for tha' stabbin'.

He puts a hand out to take the offered dagger. He then looks to Tal. That is, unless Tal here can get behind it? Like Jory said before, we can create quite a dwarf-ersion. Ha!

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake uncrosses his arms, and his stern expression exemplifies his utter distate for this woman.

Come, let us see what this individual is so upset about.

He walks to the door and draws his Greatsword.

Karzak, if you would do the honors...let us get to it. Someone keep an eye on the Paracountess.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

I would wager that you prefer a weapon that is much more substantial than a dagger. I'd be happy to put it to good use against....whatever it is we are going up against.

Talhaearn remembers broken bits of an old proverb...something about accepting a silver blade from a fork-tongued she-devil. Best not to think about it too hard.


Zarta's bedroom is decorated in the colors of Cheliax—ebon black and crimson red. Silk, rare woods, and carefully carved marble compose every bit of furniture in the room. Goose down now litters the room, covering almost every surface and the silken shreds of the cushions that contained it lie about like f layed skin . A post on the massive screened bed is snapped in half, collapsed on the bed and drawing the screened curtains into a ripped slope of formerly fine cloth. Vials of perfume and crystal jars of other cosmetics sit smashed on the marble floor around the dresser. A prominent fixture in the room, a large "X" made of stout wood sits along the west wall, complete with leather shackles and chains. A table sits to its left strewn with various items intended for pleasure, but outwardly resembling implements of pain.

Perception:
Perception:
Ice Glen Inlet: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 (low-light)
Tiann Ceriagh'u: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Jory Redcap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 (+2 vs stonework, auto)
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 (low light)
Jake Hargrove: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Karzak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 (darkvision 60')

Ice, Tiann, Jory, Tal:
This formerly lavish boudoir provides the deviant Chelish diplomat a place to relax away from the never-ending intrigue of Absalom’s political scene, and the decorations indicate she does a fair amount of entertaining here as well.

There is a two-foot tall red humanoid with wings, clearly enraged and out of control. The creature is throwing a small box around the room clearly trying to smash it open. Though dented, the case doesn't look like it will be opening any time soon.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak happily hands the dagger over to Talhaern, and arms himself with his hammer instead. With a nod to Jake, he opens the door, giving little thought to silly things like caution. At the various implements about the room, Karzak snorts in disgust and spits out a healthy gob of mucus.

The dwarf enters the room, confronting the little beast, his hammer held ready to smash it. Hey! Ya' got my box!


Creature: "No! I have to open it!"

Knowledge(planes) to know more about the creature.

Oh, I forgot! MAP here

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"You throw the box over her or I will pepper you with arrows until you do. This FIRST arrow isn't made of silver."

Jory steps into the room and starts to shoot.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Jory moves to E6. "Well, do you want me to try the silver ones?"


The arrow sails two feet over the head of the creature, and impacts the wall, startling it. It turns to see the two dwarves menacing it, and suddenly disappears. "Stay away! This is mine, I have to get in!"

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Talhaearn mutters to those who are still in the entry way. "So much for the element of surprise." He holds the silver letter opener and attempts to sneak into the room. (to F5)

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

"It is a good thing we found the powder in the warehouse. Time to get his house a little messy."

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Jory is insane... that's all that can be said.

Jory, must I remind you that Ambrus was quite strict with how we were supposed to handle this?

She steps forward and tries to prevent a scene that will be cried for months.

Ahem. Please forgive my more... eager... colleagues. We're here to retrieve the box. It is indeed not yours, and belongs to the Pathfinders. We can dispel your hiding tricks, or simply wait for them to expire. Now, then, give us what's ours. You're a creature of order, I'm sure you can respect ownership.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak nods and grins at Jory's plan. He drops his hammer and takes out the net that he had confiscated from the dock warehouse. He tries to track the little creature by sound, ready to hurl the net at it. He stays his hand at Tiann's intervention, waiting to see if calmer heads will prevail, or if he and Jory will be able to wreak havoc.

Not sure if we're in combat yet, or if this is free posting. Also - does this net have a guide rope?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory looks abashedly at Tiann. He speaks with a somewhat contrite voice, "I think your way is best--I just didn't think demons negotiated unless compelled."

Jory bows and sweeps his hands toward Tiann for her to continue.

"Listen to the lady."

I doubt our abolitionists want this slave freed.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann turns back and whispers to Jory with a grin.

I do happen to have a bit of magic to compel him, as a matter of fact...


"I will never give this box to mortals! You can't make me! I can stay invisible all day if I have to!"

I won't make this a combat until someone (from either side) tries to make another attack. At that point I'll roll for initiative. At this point we are still in freeform roleplay.


Things continue to crash and bang all around the room as the creature continues to rage and try to break open the case (invisibly).

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard - 1

Karz, my new friend, please be ready if this provokes the little thing, but here goes nothing...

Ice will cast detect magic in an attempt to locate the invisibility spell.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Talhaearn watches as Karzak unrolls the net. "Don't bother looking for the little one...follow the box.'

Are both the case and the creature invisible...or just the creature. Also is he/she throwing the case up against the wall or is he/she smashing it against the wall while holding on to it?


After some concentration, Ice Glen Inlet can follow the invisible creature's path using his detect magic, which shows the magic affecting the creature as well as the enchantments on the box. It doesn't seem to take any notice.

Ice Glen Inlet:
You can see the tiny devil careening around the room crazily, smashing the box repeatedly and along the way continuing to smash and destroy anything else that gets in its path.

Tal - You can't see the box, it's invisible with its possessor, who stopped actually throwing it once your group came in to take it from him and he turned invisible.

Perception:

Ice Glen Inlet: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 (low-light)
Tiann Ceriagh'u: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Jory Redcap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 (+2 vs stonework, auto)
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 (low light)
Jake Hargrove: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Karzak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 (darkvision 60')

Tal, Jory, Karzak:
You notice a silver-tipped riding crop on the table in E8, among other...implements. Usable as a masterwork silver sap

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 19(23MA); ff 17; T:19] HP=51/51 F +9/R+8/W+13 CMD 23 Ki 8/11 Monk (Zen Archer)/6 Perc +15/stone +17 Darkvision 60' per strike 4/6

Jory grabs one end of the net and helps Khazad open it.
Jory whispers. "We just need to make sure we get the box in the net, if we get the demon---bonus. Let me now when we go--do we go on three or just after three."


OK. So if the plan is to have Ice point out where to throw the net and Karzak throws it, I'll need:
Ice: Perception roll
Karzak: Perception roll, reflex roll, 1d2 (1 miss, 2 hit) for concealment, attack roll with a net (which is an exotic weapon so make sure you take a -4)

Liberty's Edge

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 44/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Hake's frustration is mounting,and it is obvious.

I really hope this works!

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Can I assist the perception roll Ice makes? Or was that the roll above? Trying to figure out how to be useful.

Tiann nods at Jake, wishing she could just see the little creature. She doesn't want to wring his neck, honest. All it'd take is just one spell and we'd be done. Blasted invisible creatures. Have to remember to look at picking up something to help with that. Bloody annoying.

Oh, I've an idea. Gentlemen, I'd like to try to give some divine intuition into your tasks, as I did with Talhaearn with the lock earlier. All it requires is that I take your hands in mind and cast a spell.

Guidance, as before. +1 on a roll within a minute. Player has to declare they're using it before they make the roll.

251 to 300 of 1,435 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fnord's PFS First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.