Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Fnord's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Aoth Anskuld


201 to 250 of 1,435 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Round 1, Init: 16

Jake, at the sounds of battle, draws his great sword and busts through boxes in route to the fight!

Someone please move me to D5, I cannot move icon at work.

HP: 13/13, AC: 17/12/15, F:+4,R:+2,W:+3, no effects

Jory up next!

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory Round 1 Init 14
Magic Resistance = DC6
AC: 15; ff 14; Touch: 15
HP=11/11
CMD=17 (+4 bull rush and trip when on solid ground)
Fort Save: +4
Ref Save: +3
Will Save: +6
effects: none

Full round action: flurry of bows at rats (different rats of course)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Tal to go

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal Round 1 Init 12

Move Action: Load Light Crossbow; 5 Foot Step to G3
Standard Action: Ranged Attack on Rat # 3

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

HP 10/10, AC 17/14/13, F:+1 R:+6 W+1 (+2 enchantments)
Up next: Rats

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak Rd 1 Init 13

Karzak swats at the rat before it with his massive hammer, hoping to make it a greasy stain on the floorboards.

Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10

HP 17/17, AC 15/11/14, F +6 / R +1 / W +0


Jory hits the blinded rat, and it is down for the count. The other rat manages to dodge the arrow. (Hurray for precise shot)

Tal misses his target due to the rat being in melee with his allies.

Karzak hits the last dire rat, and it makes a sickening squishy sound.

Combat is finished. Back to positioning and skill rolls. Any actions in the red zone will require the aforementioned acrobatics checks.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Glad to see you guys were able to handle the pests. Good work! Now, who is going out to get the boat with me?

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann grins a bit, shaking her head, an amusing image obviously clear in her mind. I'll make it sink like a stone! Glug, glug, glug. She raises her hand up and brings it down quickly to her other hand, slapping it to signify the boat violently hitting bottom. Looks like it'd best be you and Talhaearn or Ice Glen.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard - 1

Umm, well.. I.. Uhh, I'll help from up here... Not much of a swimmer and all...

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Well Talhaearn, are you game?

Jake starts heading towards the front door.

Jory or Karzak, you are more than welcome to join me as well?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"Although the docks were exciting to me, I did mention that I hoped I didn't have to get on a boat. Dwarves and boats go together like....well dwarves and watercolors. I admit using the boat was my idea, but riding in it was not."

"I have trained in acrobatics, so I will help guide the crane if needed."

Jory will see if he needs to go into the dangerous part of the warehouse. In the meantime, Jory looks for a solid place to chisel his rune in the warehouse.

This is close enough to being underwater to deserve a rune--a pelican warehouse deserves to be on the list.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Talhaearn retrieves his crossbow bolt and follows Jake outside.

Seems like a nice day for a boat ride.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake will walk out to the boat with Talhaearn. Jake takes a good look at the boat to see if it will fit under the warehouse, and if there are oars to row it there.

@GM Fnord: What are we looking at here? Can this boat be rowed under the warehouse? What kind of checks will you need?

Well, Talhaearn, I appreciate your help. I have noticed that you and I seem to be of a like mind on occasion. What do you know of the Andoran Faction of the Pathfinders?

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

About as much as anyone I suppose. They seem to care more about the commoners than most others.


The boat is very easy to control in the calm water. It looks like it can easily hold two of you with room enough for the crate, if you do choose to bring it down.

I'll call maneuvering the boat a DC5 on which you can take 10 automatically if you're not trying to hurry.

It fits just fine under the warehouse, with enough room that people riding in the boat are not knocking their heads into the floor unless they sit perfectly straight up and don't watch where they're going. If you crouch a little your head is clear.

If you're going to try to STAND in the boat while it's free floating, that will require acrobatics. Moving from boat to warehouse floor or vise versa would be acrobatics and climb. Actions involving boat and water transitions would be some combination of swim and climb depending on what you were trying to do.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jak gets into the boat and extends a hand to help Talhaearn inside, and taking 10, they will slowly row under the warehouse. If there is an anchor, then they will anchor directly under the crate.

During the row over, Jake continues.

That is true Talhaearn, but there is more to it than that. We seek democracy and freedom for all. I am a member of the faction, and we are always seeking like-minded individuals. It was the faction that sponsored my training and initiation to the Pathfinders. Now, I seak to serve the broader tenets, as well as the specific goals of the faction. Give it some thought, eh?

As they position the boat,

Ho the warehouse, we are in position under the crate. Should we dislodge some boards to drop it into the boat?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory will carfully skirt the hole (moving down the H Column) to the double doors to open them for the boat.
He will take 10 on acrobatics for 15 total. Only if he is needed will he venture out to the box.

"Khazad, do you want to loots these other boxes in safer locations--remember they are all fair game. No self-respecting dwarf leaves loot behind."

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

"Democracy for all? Seems like a pretty tall order. Experience has shown me that those in power are loathe to simply give in to the will of the people." Talhaearn considers his statement for a moment. "A worthwhile ambition nonetheless I suppose...however lofty it might be.


Jory: If you're moving down H, no need for any checks. Only I-L have dangerous spots.

The boat is going UNDER the floor though, not outside the double doors. Jake and Tal have rowed the boat to be directly under the hole in the floor where the crate is balanced.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann sighs, not exactly sure this is a good idea. However, she would rather see the mission succeed than fail. Hey, Jake, Tal, let us know when you're ready! She moves up to the controls and looks back and forth between them and the box. She tries to see if there's any hooks or the like on the box for the crane to grab to make things easier.

Though... I do have another idea... she says with a grin. What if we hoisted not something, but someone with the crane, and had them fetch the contents of the crate while not disturbing it?

What kind of checks are needed to use the crane, either to hoist a person or to guide the crate into the boat?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory carefully approaches the box to help load it onto the boat if the crane isn't operable. If the crane is working he will give hand directions to guide the crane to the box and just help fix the basket, ropes, or hooks around the box.

If taking 10 not possible ACR 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal shouts up to Tiann "We're underneath the warehouse; the crate is directly above us. I guess we're as ready as we're going to be."

Tal turns to Jake. "You can swim...right?"


For someone to just hold onto the crane's chain would take climb checks.

If you attached them to the end of it, they would not have to make any checks.

To open the crate would require either breaking it open with a weapon, or a strength check. Either might cause problems if you're on the unstable floor. To pick up the box with the crane you would have to have someone go to the box to attach ropes, either by balancing on the floor or suspended by the crane. Or a strong enough person could just grab the whole box, if they were attached to the crane.

Using the crane requires no checks, just knowing what direction you want to move it and pulling on the correct control chains.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann looks between everyone who's not on the boat. Say, gents, how about you try to lift me up with the crane and then I retrieve what's in the crate? Seems we can do that safely enough without risking the crate falling into the water and sinking the boat. Or maybe we can lift someone who can swim, just in case. Thoughts?

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Well enough...better without the armor though. I am hoping it is not an issue.

He speaks up into the warehouse,

Tiann - let us know when you are ready to start, and we will brace it from underneath so that it does not just fall into the boat and sink us.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard - 1

Oh Tiann, you are very brave to trust that crane, I would have rather been in the boat I think... And I really didn't want to get in the boat... Jory, is there anything I can do to help with the crane?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"Thanks, Ice, but I have no armor and consider myself to be well balanced. I'll attach the crane. I do think we should loot the other crates too. Who knows what wizard books are in those boxes?"

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

If you don't think we should trust it, then let's play it safe. Tiann tries to move the crane to the crate, moving it over to where Jory can attach it. Calling out to Jory, Shout out when you've got it secured fast! Then I'll lower it as slowly as I can onto the boat. To Jake and Talhaearn, We're getting ready, gents! Jory's in charge of hooking it up.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this...

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Jory is in charge of hooking it up? Why do I have a bad feeling about this...


Ropes were easy to find in the boxes.

Jory, your acrobatics roll is good enough to balance while you tie the box to the crane, and not cause any collapse. After that you can take 10 to carefully work your way back to solid land.

The crate successfully attached, the team can safely move it using the crane.

We are done with the map for now. The crate is on solid ground, and nobody got soaked.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Remember we want to check out the other crates.


There is all sorts of junk in the other crates.

Ten minutes of searching reveals:
beer, blocks of clay, coffee, coils of rope, dried fish, lead ingots, nails, nets, raw cotton, rough wool, spare sails, timber planks, various pulleys and tools, and cheap basic weapons.

You can take any of that stuff that you might want to use later in the day.

If you want something more rare or valuable, you'll need to tell me what you're looking for, and make a perception check and spend time searching.

The crate you pulled out of the precarious position can be opened with a strength check (appropriate tools would help) or by bashing it.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak looks interested in the mechanics of the crane, but he also seems more than happy to leave the traipsing about the rickety hole over dark water to others. He elbows Ice in the stomach and offers an amused snort, motioning towards the various boxes and crates from which icky little rodents had just tried to shorten their fingers.

C'mon then...leave the silly snatcheroo to those willing to take a dip. He rubs his thick hands together, eagerly eyeing the crates, then starts to go through them, quickly and roughly, hoping for more rats, but willing to settle for plain old treasure.

Perception
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Dissatisfied with the plunder, Karzak tries to force open the well-earned crate.

Strength check
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann watches the land-level looters carefully while lowering the crate slowly, slowly, waiting for confirmation from below that it's been secured before releasing it. She calls out to the sailors: Shout out when you've got it secured so I can bring the crane back up.


Karzak strains and manages to pop the top off the crate.

Inside the crate is the small mahogany box whose contents you were sent to retrieve.

The crate also contains:
10 sets of masterwork thieves tools, three flasks of alchemist's fire, a flask of acid, a dozen jars of various inks, a footprint book, adamantine weapon blanch, three bags of powder, a deck of marked cards, and two sets of average loaded dice.


Tiann: Sorry, I thought the boat was just down there in case of mishap, I just posted about you moving it to a safe area of the floor. Either way though, the crate was safely retrieved (putting it in the boat or moving it off the bad floor with the crane were both among the valid solutions).

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Ho now! What have we here? Karzak booms as he examines the contents of the crate. He eyes the powder and the weapon blanch with particular interest, his eyes lighting up at the thought of using the exotic items. He offers up the mahogany box for someone else to carry; seems that he assumes that to be secondary to loot.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

"So....it looks like you dont need us down here after all? We're on our way up."

------

Tal and Jake rejoin the others in the warehouse. Tal inspects the contents of the crate.

"Heh....might have been able to open that door on my first try with these tools!"

Needless to say I would like to claim one of the sets of Masterwork Thieves Tools.


Might not have had to make a disable devices check if someone had been able to make a decent perception roll and find the key hidden near the front door. :)

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Where's the challenge in that? lol!

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann tries to make out the contents of the crate through the flurry of looting hands and fingers. She takes the mahogany box and makes sure it's in good condition.

Right, looks like we succeeded here, gentlemen. Shall we head back, then?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory is particularly searching for valuable metals (he is a dwarf) and valuable, sophisticated tools (pulleys, winches, etc. are not mundane items). Also scrolls and books.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Jory:
After a five minute search, you find no scrolls or books. You do find an assortment of pullies, winches, gears, chains, nuts, bolts, nails, and screws. You can take whatever you can carry, if you choose to.

You find no valuable metals.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory packs the beer, coffee, lead ingots, and dried fish in his pack.

"Let's get back and complete our mission. Maybe we can meet some ruffians or the spy on the way back Khazad.", Jory says hopefully.


I'll wait until the AM to summarize returning to your contact, in case anybody else wants to do anything here before you head out.

Just as an FYI, my work schedule has changed starting this week and I'm not able to post as much during the middle of the day. I'll try to keep up the pace though.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak grins at Jory as if nothing would make him happier, then notices Jory's laden pack. Ye'd best be sharin' that beer when we get back.. Karzak himself takes some simple tools, a hammer and nails, the weapon blanch and powder, the alchemist's fire, any beer Jory missed (though I doubt he missed any), and a net, as long as it is not to cumbersome to carry.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Another job well done, all. Let's head back!


You hire two carriages to return to the Pickled Imp.

Perception:
Ice Glen Inlet: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 (low-light)
Tiann Ceriagh'u: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Jory Redcap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 (+2 vs stonework, auto)
Talhaearn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 (low light)
Jake Hargrove: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Karzak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 (darkvision 60')

Talhaearn:
You think you have have spotted the face that was watching your group before, but it is long gone by the time you can stop the carriage and search. You cannot find a trail.

Guaril Karela lights up when you arrive with the mahogany box. "Not even opened eh?"

After inspecting the contents, he says, "Thank you, everything appears to be here. You have done well, I will send word to Valsin that I'm satisfied with your abilities."

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory passes the beer around in the carriage.

"What do we want to do next on the list; keep a lookout for our shadow."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard - 1

I will pass on the drink, but thank you

Ice will turn and look very carefully if anything suspicious is following the carriage.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Perception

201 to 250 of 1,435 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fnord's PFS First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.