Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Fnord's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Aoth Anskuld


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,435 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Well played sir!

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory has to ask the captain one question.
"Does drinking improve sailing abilities or harm them?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Jake:
Attitude indifferent -> friendlyDarice slowly nods. "If it would mean getting Mr. Rees there safely, I could make the trip. 35 gold pieces would be the going rate."

Jory:
"Arr. Are ye here to talk philosophis or to sail the open sea?"

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Thank you ever so much for considering our proposition and Nester's continued safety. Nester and I will inform the others and return quickly with an answer...more than likely with your compensation. When will your schedule permit departure?


Jake:
"We can leave any time you are ready to travel. It's a slow time, I'll probably just mostly go out for short fishing trips otherwise."

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

When we're all back together...

Well I'll have a hangover in the morning...but Small Otti will take us to Escadar for 25 gold pieces. Anyone come up with a better offer?

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake returns with Nester. he hears Tal's report and adds his own.

Well done, Tal. Darice will sail us over for 35 Gold.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak slams Tal on the shoulder with a mailed fist. Aye, but it worked, didn't it? Muahahaha!

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Clearly unable to hold his drink as well as Karzak can; but feeling good nonetheless, Tal acknowledges Karzak's gesture.

Indeed it did Karzak. We saved a bit of coin and took advantage of some fringe benefits...all in a day's work. hiccup

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"We were quoted 35gp too. I would hate to pick a captain over a 10gp difference. Our captain loved to drink, but seemed capable. I like going with the pathfinder connection, Darice."

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

She most interested in seeing Nester safely across, and she was a nice enough lady after I played to her interest. I do not think that she is a friend of pathfinders, necessarily. In fact, if it were not for Nester, she would have not given me the time of day.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak casts his eyes down, looking like a child caught with his hands in a cookie jar. He idly turns a stone over and then back again with his heavy boot. Yeah...guess so.... He seems to want to go further, perhaps to expound upon how much ale those additional 10gp would buy. But, he thinks better of it and keeps his trap shut, even stifling a rumbling belch.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Upon hearing Jake's words, Jory gets suspicious.

"She specifically was interested when Nester was involved. I suspect enemy agents everywhere. If Darice has no direct pathfinder affiliation, I am suspicious and say we go with Small Otti. An easy trick to get a captain with a pathfinder trinket in our path."

That gives 10 gp for entertainment expenses.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Well I'd like to have at least one leg of our journey be uneventful...so if our choice is between a potential saboteur or a drunken halfling...I'm going to have to go with the drunken halfling.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

She is unlikely a saboteur, but the cheaper fare is fine so long as you do not mind the risk.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"No, if you think she is genuine, we pick her. My suspicious mind sees her as the obvious plant by our adversaries."

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Whichever then...as long as we get to Escadar in one piece. I'm itching to put this mission to bed and then getting a little rest myself!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak snorts. Bah! I ain't scared a' the damned halfling! If he has some err...other motives, then we'll squash 'im and take 'is damned ship! I say we go with the cheaper fare.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Never try to separate a Dwarf from his gold...


Nester interjects, "I'd like to stay in the village until I'm feeling better at least. I'm fine with whatever transportation you arrange."

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

OK...let's leave it up to fate. Heads we go with Jake's girl, tails we go with the drunk Halfling.

Tal flips a coin in the air and let's it land on the ground for all to see.

1=Heads, 2=Tails 1d2 ⇒ 2

And tails it is. I'll go inform Otti that we'll leave at first light. That will give him a chance to sober up and for us to shake off the last of the miasma.

Now Karzak...let's get you some more ale!

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Aye, I will join ya! All of this talking and decision-making is giving me a headache.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Glad to have your company Jake...I don't think I can keep up with Karzak on my own! Jory, Tiann? Always room for two more!


BTW, it's going to take at least 2 mornings to shake off the miasma for someone who failed their last saves. Remove disease is too high level for this village and would be very expensive; remove sickness just improves save chance, but at least it's a level 1 spell.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak gives a grunt and a nod at the decision - apparently what passes for shining approval in his book. He pats his rock solid but slightly round belly and roars a challenge. Ha! Bringin' a fellow dwarf too, then? I'll outlast each one a' ya', drink fer drink!.

Sounds like some much needed R&R, then

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal struggles against the blinding light to open his eyes, his head throbbing with pain. He wills his body to move, pushing himself up despite the heavy weight that is working against him.

After several minutes of struggling he manages to lift his head off of the pillow and sit up on the bed. Suddenly the memories of last night bombard his thoughts. Dancing with Tiann; dancing with Jory! Singing with Karzak and Jake. And foggy memories of a Halfling woman with such a beautiful smile...

And the mead...so...much...mead!

Tal sets off to rouse the others and meet up with small Otti...hoping that the ride to Escadar is a smooth and silent one.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake wakes early and does the only think that he knows to clear the throbbing in his head. After dunking his head in the nearest barrel of water, he takes to an open area to practice his fighting forms with a serious workout. After sweating out the alcohol, he is ready to proceed.

Tal, you look a little worse for wear. Some strenuous activity will heal you up right.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Buahahaha! C'mon Tal; that wench have ya' so mixed up that ya' had to try and keep up with us, eh? So...how'd that work out for ya'? Karzak offers a wide grin, witnessing the end result of Tal's night. An' where's yer dancin' partner this mornin'? I figured the two a' ya' might send us off with a right jolly jig!

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory entitles his next Tal pictures, 'After the Ball'.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal listens intently as Jake and Karzak describe the events of the previous evening.

I did....what?

The blood rushes to his face has Jory shows him detailed drawings of exactly what happened.

I think I need a drink...


OK, _before_ anybody rolls fortitude, who is going with Nester to buy disease treatment?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Already marked off the 10gp.

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake spends 10 gp for disease treatment.

What are the additional bonuses to the save attempt?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak does too

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

I have fought off the miasma with my cunning wit and surprising fortitude...but if Nester wants company I'll go with him! I assume we're botting Tiann at this point?


If you buy the spell, you get an additional +4 on your fort roll on top of the +4 they will provide using the heal skill (so your fort +8).

It takes 2 consecutive successful days of saves to be cured. Until you are cured, you don't heal the wisdom points.

Assuming nobody else has anything else to do today, go ahead and roll your forts for the AM, and you can go about your day.

Nester fort: 1d20 + 1 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 8 = 15 passed.

Save DC is 13.

Oh, and everybody except Tal comes up sick today. I think Tiann was the only one who hadn't been sick yet but she wakes up coughing.

Tiann fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 passed.

She doesn't seem like the miasma is hitting her too hard.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Fort save1d20 + 6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 8 = 20

Karzak fights back the effects of the sickness with relative ease, but addresses Tiann at first sight of her. Got any more a' that healin', Missy?

At 7/17 after regaining 1hp for last night's rest

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 8 = 22

Jake is also healed with his second day of saves.


Tiann puts her hands over Karzak's bite wounds, and concentrates.

Cure light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Try again:

Cure light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Fort 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 4 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak recoils slightly at the touch, then remembers her healing touch and he visibly eases his posture. Thanks, Missy...yer worth a dozen a' those frog-lovin' kobolds at least!

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Alright friends..Escadar awaits!

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory is excited about sailing with a booze guzzling halfling.

"Let's go Tiann."

Jory makes a detailed drawing of the ship, gets everyone settled aboard, and helps push off. Just as Tal and he scoped the crowd in their training mission, Jory is ready to spot and sketch anyone around out of place with Tal's help.

Per 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Woohoo were off.

Karzak and Jake sailing

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Love it Jory! I was thinking that I may have to truss up Karzak like that to get him back onboard...LOL!


Nester reluctantly agrees to go along even though he doesn't feel completely better again yet, if you guys push him on it (I think only Tal is cured yet?)

When your party arrives at the docks still coughing, Otti doesn't look very happy, but he agrees to transport you for the agreed upon price as long as you try not to cough in his direction.

The boat journey takes 12 hours, and is scenic but uneventful.

During the journey, Nester explains.

"Escadar is the war port of Absalom, located on the Isle of Erran north of Kortos. It houses Absalom's navy and is strategically placed away from Absalom's treacherous Flotsam Graveyard. Further, those nations intent on blockading Absalom must also deal with Escadar, for word would spread quickly, and Escadar's armada can come to Absalom's aid on short order. Along with the primarily military population, Escadar is also home to many gillmen (or Low Azlanti, as they like to call themselves). These amphibious people have set up an embassy within the town, and it is with this organization that the Society plans to trade Azlanti artifacts. The gillmen have agreed to meet us at a waterside tavern called the Grindylow's Goblet once we send word of our arrival to the embassy."

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Fear not Otti...you can only catch this misery by falling face first in a swamp. I've managed to fight it off...and my companions are looking better themselves.

Tal turns to Nester.

I'm sure there must be medical aid somewhere in Escadar. You'll be feeling well soon enough.

I think Karzak and Jake have made two consecutive saves...I'll double check

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Wait, Karzak was the one tied to the mast? Well...that stinks...but is accurate.

Karzak turns a glare on Nestor. Expectin' any funny stuff from these gillmen? I'm thinkin' there's some chance they could wan' the artifacts fer their own, right? How much ya' trustin' these fellas'?


"Well, I have not met the specific people we'll be dealing with. Absalom has good relations with their kind in general, and we trade with them regularly, so I have no reason to suspect underhanded dealings at this point."

Andoran

Fighter 5 (Two-Handed), HP 48/48, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake has also had two consecutive successful saves.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak grunts, as if dissappointed with the answer. Well, we'll watch 'em anyhow. One wrong look and...SMASH!. He clobbers an open palm with his fist for emphasis.

I though I had made 2 saves...just can't find the first one.

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,435 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fnord's PFS First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.