Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Fnord's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Aoth Anskuld


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,435 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory Round 3
Step 5' closer and fires twice.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Looks fine Tal.

Jory's precise shooting takes down the cat.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak grunts as the cat falls, then turns to Jory to offer a quick nod of appreciation. Anybody know what in the hells that thing was?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"I have no idea. Anyone want to try to make a good pelt out of the carcass? I have no skills in that area. That think with the head was kind of interesting." Jory looks for unbroken arrows.

recover arrows on 2s 1d2 ⇒ 11d2 ⇒ 21d2 ⇒ 21d2 ⇒ 2

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 21/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake too nods at Jory. Then, he turns to Tiann.

Thank you for your healing words, Tiann.


Suddenly the Centaur leader burst into the clearing.

Taking in the scene, he realizes that you have successfully brought down the cat.

"Well done...I am impressed that you got to it before my hunters did.

"I would like to take the corpse back to my people so that our shaman can study it. I have with me valuable pelts, are you willing to trade for them? If you are going north, the high areas of the Kortos Mounts can be extremely cold, you may find good use for them."

Nester Rees looks over the pelts.

Appraise: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

"That would be a very fair trade, Pathfinders. And we are likely to find the already prepared pelts much more useful on this journey."

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 21/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Hmmm...I am agreed, if all else are?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak nods reluctantly, no doubt thinking that the feline's pelt would make a mantle fit for a king. Yeah; that'd prolly make sense.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Sounds like a fair exchange to me.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann concurs. We thank you for your offer.

Around what time is it? Will we have time to rest up? Jake, as I recall, you're still down a few HP, yes?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory bows to the centaurs, "Thank you noble hunters. Any word on our way ahead? Any hazards we should know about?"

Jory returns to his bedroll. "Wake me up for my watch. Dwarves get even grumpier if they don't get their sleep. And yes, it is possible for us to get grumpier."

Within minutes Jory is back asleep.

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 21/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Yes, down five


"These woods are where my tribe makes its home, so they should be reasonably safe otherwise. I'm unfamiliar with the territories further north."

The Centaur leaves a pile of high quality furs, and runs back off into the forest.

It's only about an hour after the first people went to sleep. Ample time to get a full night sleep for everyone with further watches. Might just be a slightly later than usual morning.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

With the centaurs close by I think we'll be relatively safe for a while. Get some rest Jake...I'll finish the rest of the first watch on my own. Even though the thought of waking Karzak for second watch frightens me more than the giant cat did.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Yes, Jake, I think you've earned some rest. But first, if you'll allow me to help you rest more comfortably...

Tiann expends another healing spell for Jake (am out for now until the morning) before heading to rest.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak finds it quite easy to fall back into an immediate, heavy slumber, his snores rattling leaves off of the trees nearby...or, they at least seemed loud enough to.

He snarls and spits at his own watch, but dons his armor for it in any event. Quite a bit of time into the next scheduled watch, he snores himself back awake, and wakes up the next victim of camp boredom.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal thanks the disgrunted Karzak for taking the second watch. Anxious for at least a few hours sleep he bundles himself in one of the pelts rewarded by the centaur and stares at the stars above. A centaur. Never thought I'd see one of their kind...much less an entire band of them. The night sky slowly fades into darkness as Tal reminisces of the adventures of the past few weeks.


The rest of the night is uneventful, and you wake up well rested. The next day is more slow travel through the forest, but other than catching some food on the run, you don't encounter anything difficult to deal with. By evening you are getting closer to the mountains, and Nester thinks you'll be out of the forest and into the mountain pass sometime the next morning. Anybody want to do anything this 2nd night in the forest?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Nothing here until there's something to destroy; Karzak has to catch up to Jake. Fine with same watches as before.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Using a torch to make his face look scary, Jory relates a scary story about a flying invisible imp that stings with its tail and the dwarf that tried to get him.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal and Jake offer to take first watch again. Tonight you're waking up the dwarves!

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 21/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

No problem, Tal, I am on it. Tiann, thank you again for your tending to my wounds. It is greatly appreciated.

Jake blushes noticeably when addressing Tiann.

Karzak, sleep well, my friend. If I need to wake you, I will. I will not let you miss out on the opportunity.

+3 HP from Tiann, +1 for a night of rest.


Another uneventful night. During the next day you pass from the forest to the mountain pass, and your travel speed triples.

As you walk into the mountains, the spring weather gets colder. There is still snow on the ground, and it is already getting colder throughout the morning. The temperature ends up in the 50's throughout most of the day.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal takes stock of his trail rations after camping out for two nights. The cool air feels quite refreshing considering the pace they've been keeping.

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 21/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake approaches Tal before continuing their journey, and quietly pulls him aside.

Talhaearn:
I just wanted to thank you, friend, for your interest in the Andoran Faction. I am sorry that we did not get the opportunity to discuss things further with the Major before rushing out on our next task. I hope that we have time to catch-up with him upon our return. Please know that we can always use good, battle-tried, soldiers like yourself to trumpet the cause for freedom and democracy. I have enjoyed your company, consider you a friend, and welcome the opportunity to answer any questions that I can.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"Perfect weather I say. Smell the fresh air."


As evening approaches, you spot a covered wagon half buried in the snow.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak, now much more comfortable being surrounded by high walls of rock and earth, nudges Jory and points at the wagon. That doesn't look too good, eh? Either abandoned or robbed of its cargo, I'd wager.

He walks forward to take a closer look.
Perception
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Moving in to get a better look, Tiann doesn't want the dwarves to be the only ones to have some fun.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 21/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake stands by patiently with his Greatsword drawn while his companions investigate. With a smile, he says,

Be careful my Dwarven friends! That looks like a deep drift.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Thanks for the kind words Jake. I am also disappointed at the lack of opportunity to speak to the Major at length. I fear I didn't give much thought to the political tug-o-war that takes place within the Society. Still if forced to play at their game I suppose it's best to align yourself with the most just cause.

Tal notices Tiann and Karzak walking toward a half buried wagon.

Best get a closer look at that... Tal draws his rapier and moves toward the wagon cautiously.

Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Inside the wagon are three still-frozen humans dressed for the cold who have obviously succumbed to cold exposure. These explorers must have foolishly attempted to cross the mountain pass during the cold season and paid with their lives.

The wagon contains a wood burning stove and some dry wood as well.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory shakes his head sadly and takes the wood with stove. "I'd a thought they could have used the stove. Well, we may need it. "

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Well spending the night in a wagon warmed by a wood stove seems a bit more cozy than bunking out in the snow. We may have to...displace these three. Tiann...are there any words that should be said to honor these fallen?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Realizing Tal is right, Jory prepares the wagon for camping.


5 people can squeeze into the wagon.

Jory, give me a survival roll?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak nods at Jory and Tal, his gaze roaming over the deceased. His eyes show a bit of distress, but no where near enough for it to be called sympathy. A shame, that.

Seeing the accomodations, he shrugs. I'm hardy enough; haven't yet seen a cold that'll pierce a dwarf's hide. I'll stay out here for a bit. watchin' in the dark. I'll wake someone for next watch and we'll switch; whoever's on watch sits outside, right?


Jory:
Things you can figure out that will help:
1) The wagon will provide some protection from the cold
2) The stove will help as well for anyone in the wagon
3) The cold weather outfits on the corpses would help
4) You think you could fashion another cold weather outfit from the furs you traded for.

If it does get cold you can also use your survival skill to help yourself and perhaps others ride it out.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Nodding to Tal, Tiann speaks up while trying to assess how long ago the unfortunate souls passed on.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

In any case, we should give them proper burials. Does anyone have anything that can be used as a shovel?


Normally it would be pretty hard to tell given the frozen bodies, but you manage to determine that it was around 2 months ago, which would have been deep winter. You can definitely tell that it was the cold that got them, and they had no other injuries or signs of any altercation.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

I don't have anything suitable for digging one grave...much less three. Particularly with the ground still somewhat frozen. Perhaps we can create a pyre before we leave tomorrow.

I have an outfit suitable for the cold, so I could take a watch as well if needed. Perhaps we should remove the bodies from the wagon and get the stove going before dark?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"Ok, first we need the shelter of the wagon and the winter survival gear on the corpses. It will help us if it gets cold. We then use our new pelts as blankets. If we are still cold we fire up the wood stove. We also may have to huddle together to conserve body warmth."

After Jory helps recover warm clothes from the bodies, he moves them into the wagon. He takes off his hat in respect as Tiann administers to the deceased.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

With a solemn nod, Tiann says a prayer to Pharasma for the deceased. She checks to see if they have any identification or journals or the like which would inform her of who they were, so she can notify their next of kin.

Knowledge: Religion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 21/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake nods at Karzak.

Aye, Karzak, wake me for the second watch.


It is dark quickly around 7pm.

Who is where at 1am and how are they prepared? Sunup will be around 6. At 1am it just drops below 40.

People who have the survival skill can go ahead and roll that at 1am as well.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Assuming that we're doing 4 watches, they'd probably be just under 3 hours each, figuring dawn is around 6 am. That'd put Karzak asleep around 10, and Jake having just switched watch with the third around 1. Unless I misunderstood...

Karzak actually remains vigilant at watch this time, not falling asleep more than once. He awakens Jake at the end of his turn, then removes his armor and turns in.

Survival1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 21/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Your call GM Fnord. It could be me before I turn in. the person after me, whoever that is, or both of us during a shift change. I will roll the Survival in case it is me.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory sleeps after reminding everyone about the stove and the need for proper ventilation.
Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


With those survival rolls, everyone in the party will get a +4 on the coming fortitude checks.

If you are inside the wagon at a check, you will get another +4.

Whoever is on watch after Jake will be considered outside the wagon for the first 3 hours. For the fourth hour they will be inside and the next person will be outside.

It is cold enough for 4 hours (1am, 2am, 3am, 4am) that cold damage is possible.

For each of those hours, make a fort check with these DC's:
1am: 15
2am: 16
3am: 17
4am: 18

Take +4 on each check if you are inside the heated wagon, and another +4 on all because of the group's survival skills. Take another +5 only if you are wearing cold weather gear.

For each check that you fail, you will take 1d6 points of non-lethal cold damage.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,435 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fnord's PFS First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.